[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PTCG/O General: FAQ Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: image.png (4 MB, 1100x6940) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 MB, 1100x6940
New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW (embed)

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. For example, Top Cut Trading inc
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2/
provides an approximation.

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text because of bots lurking threads

>Your Old Cards
No one wants them

Old thread >>25995234

TotT: Are you attending any Fates Collide prereleases next weekend?
>>
>>26012083
How do I find out where prerelease events will be held?
>>
>>26012113
https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/find-an-event/
>>
So did anyone get something good from this week's bundle?
>>
>>26012083
>Are you attending any Fates Collide prereleases next weekend?

Possibly. I heard they were gonna do something similar to Magic with sealed Pre-release sets that have fewer packs, but keeping the price the same. If that's true, then maybe not.
>>
>>26012218

only got 2 rare candies and a judge

fucking ptcgo not putting triumphant in the bundle when the entire client is trying to get junk arms
>>
>>26011796
Snipe damage. This deck just dies to bats or Greninja. Trevenant also got big just as it was taking off and that cripples it too.

It's a good deck, and briefly had a window where it was a great deck, but it's the wrong time for it now.
>>
What am I supposed to do vs. Night March? I know I need more Shaymins and probably like at least one Super Rod. I kind of think Rayquaza sucks but it was an easy deck for me to make
>>
File: IMG_20160410_154421.jpg (2 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160410_154421.jpg
2 MB, 2340x4160
Trying to get a friend into the card game but not sure what deck he should buy, just to practice with.
>>
>>26012738
There's so much about this that's terrible it hurts.

First off, yes, you need Shaymins. This deck runs 3, minimum but 4 is ideal. Second holy shit all that extra hot garbage. Altaria is trash, Raichu is doing no one any favors, and Regice and Toad belong in other decks. All of these random Pokemon should be replaced by a couple Jolteon EX and a couple Hoopa EX. So you'd scrap all of the water energy and run like 3-4 electric energy.

That trainer line up is also a hot mess. Shauna is bad, cut it, and bump Sycamore to 4. Winona and Fan Club are unnecessary. VS Seeker should be at 4. You need 4 ultra balls and the fact you didn't include any makes me cringe. Hex Maniac makes for a nice one-of. Sky Field is a 4-of, no exceptions. The Muscle Band can go.

You can also opt to include a 1-1 Zoroark line and a Float Stone or two for an easy way to treat and having a secondary non-EX attacker.

The deck deals with NM by using Jolteon EX to block them and keeping their Rayquaza, which should be the dragon type one most times, unevolved.
>>
>>26012801
opinion discarded, mostly
altaria means joltik and manectric don't hit fug for weakness, regice is jolteon lite, frog is good vs. NM (worst matchup). without any way of recovering pokemon or energy, I don't agree with ultra ball.

i always need 6-8 pokemon on the bench so all that "extra hot garbage" wasn't in the deck until I realized that without the fullest bench possible it's fucking awful
>>
>>26012863
He's not wrong. You should discard your own opinion.
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-one/
Look at decks that are objectively good, since they've actually won States. It stops being an opinion when people have tournament wins under their belt vs your, what, three days of PTCGO experience?

Altaria is too slow and clunky and you're not going to magically win a NM matchup with a Tier 3 deck just because you've set it up. Not to mention your outs to NM should be Jolteon or scooping.

Regice is shit now since EX Pokemon are basically out the door. It is NOT a Jolteon substitute, since they hit very different targets.

Frog is a slow card and M Fug is a fast card. There's no reason for you to purposely slow yourself down just to maybe slow down NM, a strategy that the win rates have proven is not effective. Not to mention Jolteon and Aegislash fit the same niche you're going for by teching it.

Every word that anon said about your supporter lineup is correct.

>without any way of recovering pokemon or energy, I don't agree with ultra ball.
This is easily one of the most retarded statements I have ever seen posted online.
>>
File: faggots am i right.gif (100 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
faggots am i right.gif
100 KB, 240x180
>>26012863
Haha, get a load of this fucking guy. I offer deck advice based on lists that actually topped State Championships, and my opinions are discarded? Yes, clearly, the guy who didn't even including fucking Ultra Ball in their deck knows better than anyone.

>altaria means joltik and manectric don't hit fug for weakness
Perfectly valid point, circa May-July 2015. Then they printed Hex Maniac. Which every deck runs, including Night March, the deck that beats M Fug pretty handily. And they run 4 Battle Compressors and 4 VS Seeker so, unless they prize it, they'll have it whenever they need it.

>regice is jolteon lite
Except it's not, because Night March and Yveltal, the decks giving you the most competition besides item lock decks, run the fuck right over it. But they struggle with Jolteon EX, Yveltal especially.

>frog is good vs. NM
Except you statistically - especially without fucking Hoopa or Ultra Ball - won't get it out in time, which by the time, would first turn. Because you give Night March an inch, they take a mile, and then they kill the Toad and you're out one DCE. Jolteon, again, does the job of putting pressure on Night March way better.

>without any way of recovering pokemon or energy, I don't agree with ultra ball.
This is, by far, the worst thing I've ever read in these threads and I've been here for at least two seasons now. You should be running 4 Mega Turbo to recover your energy, 4 VS Seeker to recover your supporters, and maybe even 1 Super Rod to recover your Pokemon. How fucking new are you at this game? 2 days? You have one of the four Shaymins you need so you must have been playing for at least a few days now.

>always need 6-8 pokemon on the bench
Who would've thought we would wrap up this stupid post with one more stupid statement. No, you don't need more than 6 most of the time. Most of the meta has 180 HP or less, with the sole exception of the mirror and M Manectric, which only have 210 HP and only require 7 benched Pokemon.
>>
File: Gloom.png (51 KB, 207x198) Image search: [Google]
Gloom.png
51 KB, 207x198
I refuse to buy a Shaymin EX but I don't play comp decks anyway. lol.
>>
>>26013206
Congrats?
>>
Is there a Mawile EX card? I love Mawile.
>>
>>26013334
Yup, comes out sometime this summer, along with its mega. It's terrible, but it exists.
>>
File: 1439507203761.jpg (149 KB, 500x608) Image search: [Google]
1439507203761.jpg
149 KB, 500x608
>>26013377
>Terrible
>>
>>26013334
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mawile_(TCG)
It's pretty bad. Not complete garbage, but pretty bad.
>>
>>26013414
What do they sell them in? (as in what is the pack name?) Probably gonna bulk buy them and post codes here when they release
>>
>>26012129
Thanks for the advice, but I will use zapdos lol
>>
>>26013488
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POKEMON-XY-MEGA-MAWILE-EX-COLLECTION-BOX-FATES-COLLIDE-BOOSTER-PACKS-MORE-/252346008097?hash=item3ac0fe8221:g:IGgAAOSwJQdXBQus
>>
Is this week's bundle any good
>>
>>26013721
depends whether or not you play legacy
>>
Hi, my name is John Gaimfreihk, CEO of Game Freak, and I would like to announce that the the "Premium Champion Pack" set is making its way to America. Every single card has a shine to them, making this a very special set.
It is set to release on June 24th.
I hope you all enjoy it.
>>
Anyone else not won the opening coin toss in a couple days? Is the game stuck for some people?
>>
File: LiepardPhantomForces57.jpg (200 KB, 600x835) Image search: [Google]
LiepardPhantomForces57.jpg
200 KB, 600x835
Best artists?
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Illus._by_TOKIYA
>>
>>26013880
Oh shi- did they do that Garchomp/Gabite from a recent expansion?
>>
>>26013892
>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Illus._by_TOKIYA
>garchomp BREAKpoiny 70

You tell me
>>
>>26013997
fuckin sublime

how do you feel about this
>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Miki_Tanaka
>>
File: 20160420_180040.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160420_180040.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Hey y'all, we found a weird box at Wal-Mart with Pokemon cards in it, so we had to get it. I also got you some codes. I know you like those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilm2LEVYyMU
>>
I love every game all my cards being clumped together and never properly shuffled.

>all 4 Exeggcute prized
>>
>>26014058
code redemption's down
>>
File: 20160420_180053.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160420_180053.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Fates Collide prerelease this weekend; I want that Mega Alakazam super bad.
>>
>>26014072
Still? Crap. Sorry. I'll post some more stuff tomorrow.
>>
>>26014080
>tfw I don't know if they are having a prerelease at my LGS
At least I preordered a box.
>>
>>26014136
https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/find-an-event/
>>
>>26014144
I asked them. They said they were posting info later.
I am going there this sunday anyways.
>>
File: tumblr_n34jtz7EOt1twwdivo1_540.png (341 KB, 532x338) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n34jtz7EOt1twwdivo1_540.png
341 KB, 532x338
>>26013880
Naoki Saito is my top artist, easily.
>>
File: 1365178415306.jpg (73 KB, 637x627) Image search: [Google]
1365178415306.jpg
73 KB, 637x627
>>26012745
>what deck he should buy, just to practice with.
Don't buy decks, just buy 10 packs and make a deck out of that.
Now get the fuck out of here noob
>>
File: dragonitedeck.png (664 KB, 915x488) Image search: [Google]
dragonitedeck.png
664 KB, 915x488
Last thread someone said dragonite is good in legacy. I just can't make it work though. My only win so far has been from a plasma deck conceding because I had lost remover.
>>
>>26014393

I think you got tricked by someone

it works best with garbodor
>>
>>26014535

forgot to mention that silver bangle is one of the most important cards in the deck since it makes everything a 2hko instead of a 3hko
>>
>>26014393
>using babies when laserbank exists
>>
>>26013880
>>26014318
We could be having top tier FA, but instead we get 5ban.
>>
>>26014697
>hating on 5ban
can this meme die
>>
>>26012113
>>26012138
Anyone know what these premier events consist of?

>Join us for some fun! We have a new prerelease format, that I'm pretty sure will result in better decks.

what does it mean?
>>
>>26014883
>For future expansions, the format of Prerelease tournaments will be slightly different. Rather than just building a deck out of booster packs, each player will now receive a special Prerelease box. This box contains a 22-card Prerelease pack to provide a solid foundation, plus four 10-card booster packs and an exclusive foil promo card. Players will use the cards from their Prerelease box, plus basic Energy cards provided by the Tournament Organizer, to build a 40-card deck.
Source:
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/changes-are-coming-to-pokemon-tcg-prerelease-tournaments/

I believe that before prereleases gave out 8 booster packs total, if I'm remembering correctly.

So you end up with 18 fewer cards, but that might be offset by the contents of the prerelease pack. I don't think anyone's posted what comes in it yet.

I'm also pretty sure the price stays the same.
>>
Oh my fucking god 3 eggs prized again, this game hates my ass. Always in the last round.
>>
>>26014877
The meme dying or not, it doesn't matter, since 5ban will still be bad. It is not that they are horrible, but we could be getting much better art for FA cards.
Supporter FA >>> SR 5ban item.
Generations Eeveelutions FA >>> 5ban EX FA or Break.
>>
So should I just save my coins if I don't play unlimited? Or would it be good for the next time a legacy quest comes up?
>>
>>26015243
Buy it if you want the feraligatr for legacy. Otherwise, you can wait two weeks and Unleashed packs will be in legacy tournaments.
>>
>>26015259

Don't really care aboutt he feraligatr, I just wanted to open the legacy packs and see what I get because opening packs is fun (´・ω・`)
>>
>>26015259
Even if you're playing Legacy, Feraligatr is a shittier version of Blastoise.
Feraligatr only lets you attach to Water Pokemon, so no Kyurem or any other techs. Plus, its attack is worse. Not to mention Blastoise gets access to Shell Shield Squirtle, which is actually pretty important.

The only advantage is one lower retreat cost, but this is THE Keldeo deck so that shouldn't matter.
>>
Jesus, how much bandwidth does ptcgo need? I'm downloading a film at a throttled 6.5mb/s out of 11mb/s and it's disconnecting me every 2 minutes from a trainer game.
>>
File: ss (2016-02-07 at 11.16.33).jpg (19 KB, 202x249) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-02-07 at 11.16.33).jpg
19 KB, 202x249
>Visit friend
>Gives me 15 codes, mostly tins and a few mew/celebi packs
>redemption is still down
>>
I can't remember the last time someone got tails on Crushing Hammer against me. That and 8 tails on dual ball is pretty sickening.
>>
File: 1417561104068.jpg (14 KB, 160x191) Image search: [Google]
1417561104068.jpg
14 KB, 160x191
>>26015479
Dude, your friend is still awesome. He could have easily thrown away those codes.
>tfw younger sister won't give me the codes from the Mew and Celebi boxes she got, even though she doesn't play online.
>>
>>26015633
>not doing them a favor or trading something for them
>>
>>26015633
He's a pretty cool guy. His girlfriend likes collecting the cards so he just throws a bunch of codes at me when I visit. Usually just 1 or 2 breakpoint packs at a time but they apparently went on a buying spree recently
>>
>>26015633
Steal them
>>
code redemption still down?
>>
>>26016005
works for me :)
>>
>when your internet is fine everywhere but the client says it's not.
>>
File: yve.jpg (115 KB, 781x504) Image search: [Google]
yve.jpg
115 KB, 781x504
Help me fix my shitty deck, senpai.
>>
>>26016099
Get rid of Giovanni, Darkrai, City, 1 energy for 2 Maxie and Gallade.

Get rid of hammers for Shadow Circle.
>>
>another maintenance
How
>>
>>26016099
Gib full art Trainer cards. That'll fix it.
>>
>>26016428
Giovanni, Xerosic, and AZ are 1 RS tops.
>>
>>26016112
Reverse Valley is the superior stadium.
>>
>>26016640
Not if you want a chance against Manectric or a buffer versus Night March.
>>
Should I put Puzzle of Time in my Vespiquen/flareon deck? It's almost complete I think, besides vs seekers and only 2 Shaymin.
>>
File: ptcg.png (616 KB, 842x427) Image search: [Google]
ptcg.png
616 KB, 842x427
My first deck, after farming the AI for ages and grab some codes, it feel very slow at start any idea for standard?
>>
>>26016698
Greninja and Gyarados have no synergy together. Read the OP image.
>>
File: why.jpg (5 KB, 151x160) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
5 KB, 151x160
>Play Legacy
>Three Durant decks in a row
Even winning doesn't feel like winning
>>
File: newestwheel.png (857 KB, 766x748) Image search: [Google]
newestwheel.png
857 KB, 766x748
I love it.
>>
Finally graduated from theme to standard, I made it bois
>>
>>26016736
I honestly don't know whether the new wheel is better or worse than the old.
>>
>>26016856
I think this one is better
>>
>>26016666
They'll knock it out with D Valley or Rough Seas and then do double damage anyway. Besides, you should be using Gallade against M Manectric and picking off Joltiks with Oblivion Wing Yveltal.
>>
>>26016698
Step one: remove all water Pokemon but Greninja
Step two: run more frogs
Step three: add a few Greninja BREAKs
Step four: add a 2-2 Octillery line

Deck is now better
>>
>>26016747
Make sure to read the FAQ familia
>>
>>26016908
Yveltal never really needs the damage, whereas Shadow Circle can save your ass if you can keep it out. For instance, Manectric 3 shots BKT Yveltal with Shadow Circle out, which can be useful in you setting up. It's also handy sometimes with Gallade, especially with Alakazam and Mew about to come out.
>>
>>26016908
>They'll knock it out with D Valley or Rough Seas
How doesn't this apply to Reverse Valley
>>
I've got codes to give away, servers back up?
>>
>>26016955
Again, they run stadiums and Delinquent. If they want Shadow Circle gone so they can Ohko, they'll fucking dig for either of them. Hell, if they have Skyla they can just search out the stadium. Or puzzle of time. Meanwhile, you can get in extra damage with RV, which turns fury belts into muscle bands for either Oblivion Wing or EX Yveltal. The effectiveness of the stadium isn't reliant on your opponent's inability to get it off the field. It's offensive not defensive. Defensive stadiums are generally ass.

>>26016958
Because you don't care if they get rid of RV on their turn, you already took advantage of the extra damage. Meanwhile if they can get rid of Shadow Circle before they attack that defeats the whole fucking point of the stadium.

Do neither of you understand how bad defensive stadiums are? Have you looked at any YZG lists from States?
>>
>>26016934
Yeah it's great, love it senpai. I've been sitting on theme for like a year or more, so it's a bit of a big deal. I'm not new, just haven't been bothered to try and make a standard deck before.
>>
>>26016997
You can run it, it's just Shadow Circle can provide more niche benefit, especially if as you say you get one turn of stadium use then it's discarded. Yveltal has been fine without the extra 10 damage for years. Also, in a mirror Reverse Valley can't be dropped if your opponent has one in play, so I would always run at least 1 alternate stadium anyway just for that scenario.
>>
>>26017156
>for years
Because Reverse Valley just came out? Honestly YZG never even ran a stadium because Shadow Circle is bad and Parallel City is only good late game. A dead RV would suck but it's easily discarded with Ultra Ball or Battle Compressor or you could even Delinquent away your opponent's RV.
>>
>>26017113
Thanks fampai
>>
File: silence.jpg (13 KB, 188x182) Image search: [Google]
silence.jpg
13 KB, 188x182
>theme tourny swapped with standard for coin/ticket prizes

time to not earn any packs ever til they swap it back again. i got a great trainer base but no shaymins/octopussis or EX army is suffering
>>
>>26016697
ok, now maybe help me?
>>
File: 1088277.jpg (306 KB, 324x450) Image search: [Google]
1088277.jpg
306 KB, 324x450
is this + goodnight hypno a good deck?
>>
File: 6 callers ahead of us.jpg (278 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
6 callers ahead of us.jpg
278 KB, 512x512
>>26016697

>needs 2 Shaymin
state of the game what it is, that's like saying your house only needs 4 walls and it's done
>>
>>26017366
I meant I only have 2. this is a irl deck btw
>>
>>26017364
good yes. great no. For purposes of climbing the versus ladder its pretty damn good. For purposes of beating some real decks, or finishing top cut in any states.. no.
>>
Just won my first tourny thanks to Regice, the 3 matches where vs full EX decks
>>
File: feel the gs.jpg (36 KB, 599x454) Image search: [Google]
feel the gs.jpg
36 KB, 599x454
>>26017985
that shit feels so good don't it, congrats

also that anti-ex raichu can be fun for those kinda players
>>
>>26018026
>Still no Raichu EX card
>>
>>26018643
watch it count as a mega and evolves from Pikachu-EX but no spirit link
>>
>>26017240
Really? I consistently get firsts and seconds with a shitty medicham deck as most people I play are playing "shitty put all the exs in" decks many have good cards but cant make and use a deck
>>
Is there any online checklists where I can keep track of my physical cards?
>>
>>26016698
If you're gonna run Greninjas, don't bother with Manaphy because he's got free retreat. Get some Greninja Breaks if you can.

I really like those Gyarados cards, but they're just not that great, especially since you do damage to your bench. You're better off with the Ancient Origins Gyarados and running some sort of gimmick deck.
>>
>>26020040
Double Assault Vest Rough Seas.
>>
File: charizardentei.png (512 KB, 769x410) Image search: [Google]
charizardentei.png
512 KB, 769x410
Nicest OP in a while.

Also: r8/h8/masturb8 (or give advice, preferably)
>>
File: mado.jpg (82 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
mado.jpg
82 KB, 680x680
>>26020194
>>
>>26020194
- steven for sure
-a muscle band
+fury belt
+shaymin

Probably needs more.
>>
>>26017240
you don't need to be competitive level good to win client tournaments. Like, anything you can throw together in Standard is better than the randomness of theme tourneys. Just go win enough for two packs and you can trade for octilleries.
>>
File: 1292137809179.png (25 KB, 253x320) Image search: [Google]
1292137809179.png
25 KB, 253x320
>>26020107
>>
What's this shit about a laser reprint on Fates Collide?
>>
>>26020719
Its fake
>>
>>26020107
I know what deck I'm building next.
>>
>>26020750
Source of it being fake?
>>
>>26020815
Fates collide has 124 cards, the picture floating around shows 135 for which is plasma storm.
>>
>>26020862
Oh I didn't see, the one I saw was a bit too blurry to tell the numbers. Do you happen to have the cleaner picture?
>>
>>26020927
Was this the one you saw?
>>
>>26020719
>plasma tool
>reprinted
>in xy

god you're stupid
>>
>>26017985
The only feeling better than that is clearing 3 regice ex in a deck where your only attackers are 4 seismitoad. It feels so satisfying to dominate so thoroughly.
>>
>>26021113
After N, I can believe whatever I want >:(
>>
>when you deck out because your opponent flips 5heads in a row with noivern
>>
>>26021434
idiota.
>>
>>26021069
Wow, now I honestly can't believe anyone would fall for that.
The symbol for that pack is a slightly higher quality than the text near it, and the card is in English.
If it was Japanese then I could see people falling for it, but a card to get an English only reprint is absurd.
>>
>>26021596
I saw a lower quality image that wasn't as obvious as this picture. I wasn't really buying it since it wasn't reprinted in Japan, so I came here to ask.
>>
just started playing this like a week ago. are the servers always like this? or are they just preparing for the new set
>>
>>26022287
>not at bump limit
>still on page 1
Why?
>>
>>26022311
>>26022287
we are literally 125 posts in
are you retarded?
>>
>>26022312
It was on page 3 before I bumped it to page 1
>>
>>26022344
Whoa, Page 3! That's ON THE VERY EDGE of being bumped off!
Oh wait, you're retarded. And we're only 125 fucking posts in, we're nowhere near bump limit.
>>
>>26012863

Are you fucking retarded?

First, there's Sacred Ash for Pokemon and Super Rod for both Pokemon and Basic Energy.

Second, there's a reason SR Ultra Ball is close to $200. It's been a staple since it was first released about 5 years ago.
>>
File: 1459674102398.png (72 KB, 210x243) Image search: [Google]
1459674102398.png
72 KB, 210x243
>>26022344
>It was on page 3 before I bumped it to page 1
It means the thread still didn't hit bump limit, retard.
>>
>>26022099
Very often recently, hopefully because of the new set
>>
Who else /prerelease/ this weekend?
Shit's gonna be fun.
>>
>>26022885
I would go to my lgs, but I'm broke atm...
>>
>>26022930
I am on the edge. I am waiting on a paypal transfer, and I get paid next friday.
I'll just break the Credit card I use for emergencies.
I mean, its only 30 bucks.
>>
>>26022885
>Have PAX
>prerelease on same day
What do
>>
>>26022885
I don't like how they're trying to make it like Magic with sealed pre-release kits.
>>
>>26023023
I mean, it might be fun JUST for that format. Otherwise drafting wouldn't really work that well with Pokemon.
At least they are mixing it up.
You get the premade 22 pack with cards + how many boosters?
>>
>>26023023
better than not being able to participate in the pre-release tournament because your pulls were absolutely shit.
>>
File: DZS4t1O.png?1.png (394 KB, 1197x481) Image search: [Google]
DZS4t1O.png?1.png
394 KB, 1197x481
Anybody buy from this guy before?

If so, are the cards legit and not fake? They do say they also come with TCG Online codes so if they're legit I'd have some codes to give away
>>
File: Glaceon EX.png (539 KB, 852x564) Image search: [Google]
Glaceon EX.png
539 KB, 852x564
Can I get some input on this deck?
Just pretend that the pictured Glaceon is the upcoming Glaceon EX
>>
>>26023326
Just a bad idea. Really weak attackers and very slow, you're only ever going to beat either really fucking weak decks or seismitoad.
>>
>>26023326
Glaceon and Gyarados aren't good cards
You have no energy acceleration yet expect to be able to set up a four-energy Gyarados
You don't really have a win condition. Your attackers are all below-par and you don't really have proper coverage with only Regice and Glaceon.
>>
>>26023337
regice can 2HKO toad if I get the the band on fast enough

>>26023347
glaceon and regice only need a water and a DCE, and gyarados only needs two water and a DCE, so is acceleration really going to be much of an issue?

I should've mentioned that I have no real intention of using this competitively. I just want fuck around and win on the ladder, so I was more or less asking if there's any way to make it stronger on the ladder
>>
>>26022885
Man I would but every place around me does it midday saturday instead instead of friday nights or saturday mornings and I've already blown off my D&D group for two weeks (we meet saturdays around 3) so I can't miss again without being a total ass.
>>
>>26023385
>glaceon and regice only need a water and a DCE, and gyarados only needs two water and a DCE, so is acceleration really going to be much of an issue?
This is a format where non-EX basics swing for 180+ off a single DCE.
>>
>>26023326
It sucks.

First, Gyarados makes no sense in there.

Second, you don't need 7 balls. You're not running a speed deck.

Third, Glaceon is mediocre. It's a one-of in a Water or Fairy deck, tops. If you want to run Regice and Glaceon, then run M Manectric. M Manectric/Regice has won or topped a bunch of tournaments (mostly Cities, and I think some States). All you'd be doing is adding in a Glaceon or two to deal with Evolutions.
>>
>>26023449
>M Manectric/Regice
this sounds really interesting, do you happen to have a decklist you can share?
>>
>>26023395
The place I'm going to will do it on a Sunday, which is great because I work Saturdays.
>>
Any anons have subscriptions to anything like pokebeach or 6prizes? Looking for dumps.
>>
>>26023487
http://thecharizardlounge.com/tournament-results/2016-state-championship-results/

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-one/

These are the only resources you need.
I'm not even sure what retard would even pay for Pokemon articles. MtG and YGO are infinitely deeper, more complex, and more popular card games and paying for articles is virtually unheard of in their communities.
>>
http://pastebin.com/NjWRA7Bg
>>
>>26023472
Pokebeach forums will be your best source. I just found this quickly on Pokeplayer.

http://pokeplayer.com/topdecks/deck/565-m_manectric_ex_regice

>3 Manectric-EX
>3 M Manectric-EX
>2 Regice
>1 Hoopa-EX
>2 Shaymin-EX

>4 Professor Sycamore
>1 Prof Birch's Observations
>2 Lysandre
>1 Hex Maniac
>2 AZ
>4 VS Seeker
>4 Ultra Ball
>4 Trainers' Mail
>4 Acro Bike
>1 Sacred Ash
>2 Mega Turbo
>2 Escape Rope
>3 Manectric Spirit Link
>3 Muscle Band
>3 Rough Seas

>7 Lightning
>3 Water

This deck is pretty close to being good, but it has a few problems.

First, only 3 Water and only 2 Regice. Most good versions I've seen run at least 3 Regice and at least 4 Water.

Second, Birch needs to go (N is a great solution).

Third, I don't see the point of Mega Turbo when you already have M Manectric to accelerate energy.

Fourth, I don't see the point of Acro Bike. This is M Manectric, not Night March/Vespiquen.

Other than that, this is good.
>>
I can't think of a game I played that had more extended downtimes than PTCGO. It's like they all just show up to work late or something, they never know how long the downtime is going to take.
>>
File: XpIpJ7Y.jpg (63 KB, 596x393) Image search: [Google]
XpIpJ7Y.jpg
63 KB, 596x393
>>26023526
>Greninja Break performing better than M Manectric

Huh?
>>
>>26023621
NM is best deck in format
Greninja is strictly an anti NM deck
So Greninja is more popular and successful
>>
>>26023599
Not him, but all four of your points are absolutely wrong.

Regice isn't a primary attacker, it's a situational counter for certain matchups. 3 will brick hard, you can't realistically set up that many and the last thing you want is to open with a 3-retreat Pokemon against fucking Night March.

Birch is perfectly fine right now since N absolutely isn't legal until May. States has proven this to be objectively true.

Mega Turbo is extremely important in order to keep up with one-attach beaters like all of Night March, Greninja, Trevenant, etc. Especially in a build that's running 2x AZ for the reset. You're not going to win if you're only swinging for 110 every other turn.

Acro Bike is generic acceleration that works spectacularly in any deck that uses the discard, like M Mane + Turbo. There are several different applications for the discard other than pumping up fucking Vespiquen, how couldn't you figure this out?

The actual problem with the deck is that it's running Regice over Jolteon, a card that has a shitload more coverage than Regice in the current format. And the lack of Compressors/DCE.
>>
>>26023621
Anything that works against NM is automatically T1.
>>
>>26023657
If you were to remake the deck to use Regice over Jolteon how would it look?
>>
>>26023657
>Regice isn't a primary attacker

Yes it is. Shaymin is a secondary attacker. Regice is a main attacker.

>3 will brick hard, you can't realistically set up that many

Never said you're supposed to.

>and the last thing you want is to open with a 3-retreat Pokemon against fucking Night March.

That's the point of 2 Escape Rope and 2 AZ.

>Birch is perfectly fine right now since N absolutely isn't legal until May. States has proven this to be objectively true.

Birch is inconsistent. Plus, Seekers get back Sycamore. It's unnecessary.

>Mega Turbo is extremely important in order to keep up with one-attach beaters like all of Night March, Greninja, Trevenant, etc. You're not going to win if you're only swinging for 110 every other turn.

Turn 1 - attach to/attack with Manectric. Turn 2 - repeat with M Manectric, use Turbo Bolt to attach 2 to the bench. How the fuck are you only attacking every other turn?

>Acro Bike is generic acceleration

There's such a thing as too much acceleration. It's not needed, especially in a deck like this where Acro Bike could fuck you big time (e.g. choosing between a Spirit Link and a Supporter/Seeker)

>There are several different applications for the discard other than pumping up fucking Vespiquen, how couldn't you figure this out?

I've only mentioned Seekers, what, 3 times now? Nah, you're right - the discard literally only exists for Vespiquen. Not like Turbo Bolt interacts with it in any meaningful manner.

>The actual problem with the deck is that it's running Regice over Jolteon. And the lack of Compressors/DCE.

No Compressors is a problem. It happened to slip my mind. As for Jolteon, not everyone has $60 to spend. Also, Pokeplayer hasn't updated tournament results since March, and I'm pretty sure the decklist was from a tournament before people realized how great Jolteon is (possibly even before Geneations was released, idk for sure).
>>
File: 20160421_145136.jpg (2 MB, 2976x2976) Image search: [Google]
20160421_145136.jpg
2 MB, 2976x2976
>>
File: 1365704757673.png (108 KB, 500x574) Image search: [Google]
1365704757673.png
108 KB, 500x574
>>26024579
>maintenince is going on
>posts codes
>>
>>26024674
It should be over right around now.
>>
they're still booting up, I can login but it just takes me to the loading screen without the progress bar
>>
>Safeguard Carbink is a common
>Bodyguard Marowak is a regular rare
>Strong Energy, Fairy Garden, Scorched Earth, and DCE (with new art) reprinted
>Zygarde's tool is an uncommon
>the shitty Lucario is a rare
>Wormadams are all uncommon
>Random Receiver is back
>yet another Ultra Ball reprint

Happy Marowak is a regular rare and not a promo.
>>
>>26024694
>>26024684
It's been 10 minutes since it was supposed to go up.
>>
>>26024754
I know, still not in. It's just sitting at this screen. I've quit and relaunched the client like 4 or 5 times.
>>
got about 18 codes ready to redeem, come on server.
>>
Just downloaded the game for my Ipad two weeks ago.
And damn, the game is so much fucking fun, I can't help but play nearly in all of my free times.
Anally rape those fuckers with decks full of EX's it's better than going through a rush of cocaine.
>>
>>26024857
>beating terrible players makes my dick hard
child.
>>
>needing a 10+ hour maintenance during the day
>for a game that doesn't have nearly a fraction of the playerbase that hearthstone has

Holy shit, I know the game's made using unity but are the servers unity too?
>>
>>26023449
Different anon but this line piqued my interest.

>Second, you don't need 7 balls. You're not running a speed deck.

I'm always curious how many is too many/too few. What is common wisdom? I tend to run 3-4 of suitable plus 3-4 Ultra for seven in nearly every deck.
>>
>>26024916
Its TPCi, of course the servers and game client are shit.
>>
>>26024946
Depends on the deck. 4 Ultra in more or less every deck except those where every pokemon (sans shaymin ofc) is water type. Usually then I go 4 Dive 2 Ultra or a 3/3 split. It comes down to how much you need to hit that shaymin turn 1 for you to get set up.
>>
>>26024986
so six on average? I tend to go seven into sometimes eight.
>>
>servers still down
>>
>>26024999
You need to leave room open for supporters techs and energies. The balance really comes down to your deck but yes 6 tends to be the right balance between ultra & otherballs
>>
and lol at the guy trying to say Regice over jolteon. I mean sure if that's all you can afford right now it'll do for client, but Manectric/Regice is not the deck it was a few months ago before some non-basics became relevant. And with NM as BDIF Jolteon stops what Regice does not.
>>
>Professor Sycamore
>Pyroar

Wow, it's fucking nothing. What'd you guys get from the chests?
>>
>CODE REDEMPTION *STILL* DOWN
>>
>Server up, code redemption down still
>>
>code redemption
STILL DOWN
LOL
>>
>>26025030
I got Zapdos and a Head Ringer
>>
>>26025030
I got a sigoo and a Trevenant EX
>>
>>26025030
probopass and eelektrik l.o.l.

what a shit compensation
>>
>>26025030
M Heracross EX and a Hitmonchan
>tfw still no code redemption
>>
>>26025030
Trainers' Mail and Escape Rope
kill me
>>
>>26025030
az, dive ball.
>>
>Got like 15 codes to redeem
Will I ever be able to?
>>
>>26025077
me too famalam
>>
>>26025030

breloom and trick shovel

hurray
>>
>>26025030

>Krokoroc and simipour

Is not like I have gorillion copies of each, damit.
>>
So I just picked up the Ash-Greninja box for shits and giggles. Is Ash-Greninja EX actually competitively viable? It doesn't look too terrible but not amazing either.
>>
>>26025162
No it's bad. Have fun opening the packs though.
>>
>>26025162
Its fucking terrible. I like the card itself, but it is no bueno.
>>
>>26025179
I did, Florgres BREAK and a Sceptile EX which is kinda cool.

>>26025030
Nidoqueen and Charizard EX so I'm happy I guess. I don't run any fire decks though.
>>
code redemption when
>>
"We are working to re-enable the code redemption system, but do not have a specific estimate at the time. We will post announcements when we do have an estimate."

>do not have a specific estimate at the time

Welp so much for redeeming my codes today...
>>
>>26025221
whats the twitter?
>>
>>26025223
forum, not twitter.
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/40878-scheduled-maintenance-april-21-starting-at-930-am-pacific-daylight-time/#entry465784
>>
is anyone here attending pax east?
what will be the value of those raichu sleeves?
>>
>>26025239

It's honestly embarassing they don't even have an official twitter page, even just for news announcements.

But I guess that falls in line with the general incompetency of the people who run the game.
>>
So I got the "Defeat 12 pokemon using fire types" challenge and honestly, Basic Red is a slog to use. What fire theme deck is best for this? This challenge is Versus only.
>>
>>26025269
if you can't do the challenges with the basic xy decks there's honestly something wrong with you
>>
>>26025239
Guess I'll go make some food until this shit is fixed...
>>
>>26025295
Red is such a slog. Green and Blue are fast and hit hard but Red is just way too much luck based.
Also people just quit if I set Delphox or Macargo.
>>
>>26025030
>metapod
>colorless energy
Fucking terrible
>>
Is trevenant ex good
>>
>>26025325
Nope
>>
>>26025306
Ask them kindly not to. Tell your opponent that you have a Knockout Challenge. They may let you knockout their Pokemon if they start to lose anyway.
>>
>>26025325
It's Flareon EX without the energy acceleration ability or access to Blacksmith or Firedraw.
>>
A new thread on the tcg forums.
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/40915-code-redemption-offline/#entry465792
Sounds like ipad isn't gonna have code redemption anymore...
>>
>codes won't be back until after Fates releases
>nobody will have any tradable cards
>>
File: RB8MWCy.jpg (392 KB, 1673x1007) Image search: [Google]
RB8MWCy.jpg
392 KB, 1673x1007
wow. broken game t.b.h.

was about to win this game but nothing is working now. is this guy hacking or some shit?
>>
What was that bit about code redemption being disabled on iPad because of Apple? The fuck?

Is this game ever going to work?
>>
>>26025444
Yes, he IP blocked you from the servers. Please report him for hacking/illegal actions,
>>
>>26025450
Apple probably only wants microtransactions to go through the app, not 3rd party codes.

>>26025457
:|
>>
File: 10.jpg (43 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
43 KB, 601x601
>want to go to PR this weekend
>admission is $30 most places
>>
>>26025572
the format is different afaik. not sure what you get for the $30
>>
why are people hyped for fates collide? pull rations are probably gonna be even worse than breakpoint
>>
File: 1401771093458.png (342 KB, 394x394) Image search: [Google]
1401771093458.png
342 KB, 394x394
>just got over 50 codes to redeem from my friends
>CODE REDEEM STILL DOWN

please
>>
>>26025749
No one's excited about Fates Collide, set's garbo
>>
>>26025788

not if you play night march :^)
>>
>>26025797
The excitement of being able to play Mew EX again is diminished slightly by the realization that being N'd to 1-3 is a possibility
>>
File: 421px-EmpoleonBREAKthrough38.jpg (85 KB, 421x599) Image search: [Google]
421px-EmpoleonBREAKthrough38.jpg
85 KB, 421x599
forgot this card even existed

i feel like it got a lot of hype when the set was originally leaked
>>
>>26025805

Are you saying your preferred deck doesn't run a certain card that is dedicated to thinning your deck? Like a card that compresses the battle in some way?
>>
>>26025836
Turns out the extra 20 damage was pretty unnecessary in a format when low HP basics swing for triple digits.

>>26025839
What does Battle Compressor have to do with losing your entire hand?
>>
>>26025855

Losing your entire hand hardly matters when everything you can possibly draw is going to help you get it again.
>>
>>26025880
If you're getting N'd to low hand counts, it's probably mid-late game. So realistically you have 1 or 2 VS Seekers left, maybe a couple Sycamores. Your Shaymins are probably all gone. Probably not going to rip two copies of Puzzle.

So, no, chances of drawing into more draw support is pretty low.
>>
>>26025926

I mean, if you want to theorycraft we can do that, but we won't get anywhere. The idea of thinning your deck isn't something that bad players actively think about, and each game is going to be different. In a scenario where you have taken 5-6 prizes, it's assumed you have used resources as well as gotten rid of resources that you know you won't need.

I've lost one game in recent memory because of N in expanded, and it was only because I went entirely too fast in taking knockouts.
>>
>in the near future
wtf does that mean?
>>
File: 20160421_195333.jpg (1 MB, 2312x2808) Image search: [Google]
20160421_195333.jpg
1 MB, 2312x2808
anyone want to buy this?
>>
>>26026146
5 dollars?
>>
File: QdcFiHN.jpg (249 KB, 1618x902) Image search: [Google]
QdcFiHN.jpg
249 KB, 1618x902
>>26026152
no but you're allowed to offer that if u can find my ebay listing
>>
>>26026193
i dont care that much you nerd
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141951428951

3 pack blister for $7.50. pretty good desu
>>
>>26012083

>code servers still down

Why did I reinstall this software again?
>>
File: nopacks.png (400 KB, 913x662) Image search: [Google]
nopacks.png
400 KB, 913x662
Is anyone else unable to post trades that contain packs on either side?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
my humble FA collection

pls, no bully ;-;
>>
>>26026548
worthless/10
>>
>>26026548
at least the gyarados looks cool imo
>>
>>26026548
Scizor looks super fucking cool, I wanna get a playset just to dick around with it as a rogue.
>>
What the fuck does "in the near future" mean for code redemption? Am I just RIP when it comes to all these codes I have?
>>
>>26026642
Soon™
>>
>>26026429
happened me a few days back. Quit client and restart till it works. Niceworkdevs
>>
>>26026943
I was in a tourney at the time so I didn't want to close the client. I was able to restart later and it worked.
>>
>>26026548
Nice start, it's better then nothing.
Not worth much right now, but Shiny Pokemon and Mewtwo go up in price over time.
>>
>>26027017
>Mewtwo
That's a funny way to spell Charizard.
>>
If I don't go first I just quit. This game has rigged RNG so I know I'll always get a horrible start and they'll always get the best start possible including all possible heads flips, so I may as well get an extra turn of action before autoloss.
>>
>>26026558
>>26026569
>>26027017
>>26027048

I have a Generations M Charizard X and a Flash Fire M Charizard Y, but since they aren't FA I didn't feel like posting them ._ .
>>
>>26027110
Well they're both worth more than all the full arts here >>26026548 and the Flash Fire M Charizard is almost worth more than all of those full arts combined
>>
File: 1460994427042.gif (319 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1460994427042.gif
319 KB, 250x250
Why can't I redeem codes yet

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26027130

neither of them are SRs though
>>
>>26025836
I think the only thing it was hyped with was Miltank and that's always been a mediocre budget deck.
>>
>>26027143
They're still $35 and $40 respectively, if it were SR it'd be another twenty bucks more
>>
File: IMG_20160407_222636[2].jpg (4 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160407_222636[2].jpg
4 MB, 2340x4160
>>26027110
>they aren't FA I didn't feel like posting them
But they are worth more then all those FA cards combined
>>
>>26027130
>>26027171
>>26027173

so I should actually be proud of having those? I always liked the look of FAs more though
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.