[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TCG/O General: Shop is STILL down Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67
File: kecleon.png (160 KB, 336x240) Image search: [Google]
kecleon.png
160 KB, 336x240
OLD THREAD:
>>25779811→ →

New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. For example, Top Cut Trading inc
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2/
provides an approximation.

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text because of bots lurking threads

>Your Old Cards
No one wants them

Theme of the thread: What is your favorite deck of all time?
>>
>shop is still down

Holy fuck
>>
First for toys r us promo tomorrow

Why has nobody posted their jurachi box pulls?
>>
File: dick.jpg (248 KB, 1084x574) Image search: [Google]
dick.jpg
248 KB, 1084x574
>>25793958
>posting pulls
>shop being up
Nope.
>>
Just got an in game Phantom Forces Booster. Should I open it or trade it?
>>
>>25794001
Considering you could just buy a code for 35 cents, open it.
>>
>>25794001
Do it Julio, open it, you know you want those Night March mons.
>>
>>25794018
I hate night march, but maybe I'll get something nice to trade.
>>
File: Not Bad.png (940 KB, 1271x711) Image search: [Google]
Not Bad.png
940 KB, 1271x711
Ayy
>>
>>25794024
>>25794047
Oh right, the pack was trade locked. Nm on that trading, I suppose.
>>
To the guy in the last thread giving me help with my Gren Break deck, TY and I know the Wailord is too expensive, I will cut it and gyarados/regice for the slowpoke for now until I can get the shaymin I need.
>>
Is a Gardevior EX Generations worth more than a Gardevoir EX Full Art?
>>
>>25794186
No
>>
>>25794219
Is it worth less?
>>
Why does the coin RNG hate me?
Why does the Energy drawing RNG want to murder me?
Why is the market still down?
>>
>>25794242
Yes
>>
>>25793993

>posting a picture of physical cards on 4chan, a website, is reliant on servers for a completely different and unrelated program

Is this a meta April fools joke?
>>
Jesus, I wouldn't even hate NM so much if the people playing it knew what they were fucking doing. Sitting here waiting for some idiot to figure out how to best sequence his plays is such a pain.

I took a break from MTG in the first place because retards who don't know how to play their own netdecks were shitting up my LGS.
>>
>>25794372
>playing against some faggy expanded NM deck IRL
>use my standard joke deck I play when I want to have a laff
>get donked game 1 due to drawing only 1 pokemon
>win game 2 by milling like a villain
>expect them to play clever in game 3, they Lysandre in my durant instead of Jirachi
>durant gets KOd
>spam stardust and Lysandre until no more special energies left in play
>win with ease

Why are NM players so shit?
>>
>Friend came back to the apartment today with some new cards
>pulls out a completely gold Zekrom card
wat
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 238x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 238x192
>buy a shit ton of Roaring Skies Booster Packs at Target today
>find out TRU is having a Buy 1, Get 1 40% off special tomorrow
>>
>>25794245
>Why is the market still down?

You know what the worst part of that is? I, and Im sure quite a few others dont even use the store that frequently but I would normally use it to just spend some time contemplating. Its a strange thing. If its not up by tomorrow though ill be annoyed as I have 85 codes to use.
>>
I'm tired of this.

I play 4-Energy Night March on ladder and win 90% of my games. But it's not fun. Just 120 seconds of self-optimized drawing and dumping decisions, then overwhelming damage, then the correct sequence of Trainers to conserve my 4 bullets.

There's the occasional choice about Hex Maniac or using Sky Return to negate an opposing Fighting Fury Belt, and the occasional autoloss to Giratina, but there's just not enough interaction. I'm not having fun on ladder, and any weaker deck would be pointless because I'd stop winning.

I could play tournaments without Night March, but there's still not enough interaction. Every game is decided by circumstance. The Daily Challenges are the only time I have fun, because there are actual sacrifices to be made.

This game doesn't offer enough yomi to be worth playing.

Does anyone want a Shaymin for a Starcraft II code?
>>
>>25794528

Those are BREAK cards, sadly only a few of them are tournament viable

>>25794571

If you haven't opened them, you can always try to take them back for a refund
>>
>>25794580
>I play 4-Energy Night March on ladder and win 90% of my games.
That's not impressive. I have a 70% win rate on most of my decks, and I run plenty of off-meta garbage.
I'm not trying to play you down or insult you, I'm saying that PTCGO's ladder is a joke. Don't forget the game is marketed towards literal children and autists.

If you're bored of NM, play literally anything else. If you're competent, you shouldn't lose.

>>25794589
There is no Zekrom Break, he means pic related. It's the FA Zekrom from Legendary Treasures.
>>
>>25794589
I think he means the ultra rare gold zekrom card,the one that's just a normal zekrom.
I don't think there's a zekrom BREAK actually
>>
File: 1046950.jpg (59 KB, 322x450) Image search: [Google]
1046950.jpg
59 KB, 322x450
>>25794528
>>25794589
It's not a BREAK my dude
It's a secret rare from Legendary Treasures
>>
>>25794580
you're just mad cause your raticate died,gary
>>
>>25794621
>>25794626
>>25794634

I ended up misread Zekrom as Zoroark for some strange reason.

>Checks around various website for its price for laughs
>It's $30

WHY.jpg I know how relatively rare it is, but I don't get the price
>>
>>25794571

TRU sells cards 40-60% above MSRP anyway. You would need to bring a flyer and force them to pricematch just to save money
>>
>no shop
>no tournaments
ded gaem
>>
>>25794680
It's secret rare
It's old
It's hard to pull
Everything else in LTR is worthless
>>
I want to fuck Ella
>>
File: TisAJest.png (742 KB, 1275x717) Image search: [Google]
TisAJest.png
742 KB, 1275x717
Any of you fools finish the coin flip challenge yet?
>>
>>25794634
thats EXACTLY the card he pulled.
it even makes that zippy noise when you slide your fingernail along the surface like one of those 3d picture card things
>>
I dislike this AF skin hiroshima, please delete it.
>>
>>25795056
About a third of the way there. Does it do anything for your level or is it just for the tickets?
>>
>>25795056
Because I hate myself, what's the best way to do so?
>>
>>25794790
Mew EX? does it have a rainbow background? and none of it abilities do any damage?
because if thats the one you mean, he pulled that in the same pack
>>
>>25795056
so you really just get 3 tournament tickets?
I have over 200 I was hoping you actually get something really good from it...
I think I'll sit out
>>
>>25795084
Yeah that's also worth like $6-8.
>>
>store has been down for a whole day
>tournaments now down

Pretty sick April Fools prank desu senpai
>>
>>25795056
Post deck please.
>>
Game's going offline in about 30 minutes and will be down for an hour, folks.

>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/39999-unscheduled-maintenance-412016/
>>
New player here.

Can someone explain to me why some cards can be traded and others cant? I think I get that the tradable ones I have were gotten from codes that were (generously) posted in these threads, and that the game treats cards obtained in that manner as "real" while cards obtained in purchased boosters, decks, or otherwise are considered "not real." The only think I don't really get is why.

Is it just to push me toward spending real world money on physical cards? Because if that's the case then they're barking up the wrong tree because I only spend real world money on Magic.
>>
>>25795070
Nothing for level. Just tickets.

>>25795073
I used XY Bullet Seed Chespin, and either Pansage/Panpour/Pansear with Fury Swipes. Add some Trick Coins, Professor Birch Observation, Reserved Ticket, Super Scoop Up, Pokeball, Crushing Hammer, Roller Skates, Pokemon Catcher, and stuff like that. As for energies, grass works for all of them.
>>
>>25795223
you need one more copy of the card in order to trade it, I guess.
>>
File: AprilFoolsDeck.png (487 KB, 898x559) Image search: [Google]
AprilFoolsDeck.png
487 KB, 898x559
>>25795203
>>25795224
This is what I was working with.
>>
>>25795223
Only packs/cards obtained from:
>Redeeming physical product codes
>Participating in ticket tournaments
>Bought in-game using "gems" (Canada client only, not US)
are tradeable. If you didn't get the card from one of those three sources, it's not tradable, period. Cards that are locked can never be unlocked, and vice versa.

If you don't want to spend a week or two grinding for tickets, then just pay. PTCGO is extremely consumer-friendly. You can get 50+ packs on ebay for $15~$20, which is enough to trade for any meta deck. Once you get your feet wet, a majority of your profit will come from playing the public trades.
>>
>>25795223
Cards from packs that are given to you or bought with tokens cannot be traded. Only cards from packs won in tournaments or from codes can. Something about not over saturating the online market or some shit I dunno.
>>
>>25795223
>>25795243
The majority of the cards and packs you win online are tradelocked. This includes everything you purchase in the shop. Cards and packs obtained from codes are free to trade.
>>
>>25795257
thanks, do all the irl packs have codes for the tcgo?
>>
>>25795257
>>25795255
>>25795253
But why?
>>
>>25795272
Yes. Most tins, decks, boxes, and bundles also come with a special code to redeem the respective promo card and sometimes other goodies like sleeves.

Before you ask, the content of a digital pack does not match the physical pack's content.

>>25795281
Because this is a F2P game made to generate money and promote the physical card game? What are you asking, exactly?
>>
>>25795272
Yes.
>>25795281
Well, The Pokemon Company International does want to make some money.
>>
>>25794621
>If you're bored of NM, play literally anything else. If you're competent, you shouldn't lose.

I play nonmeta decks. And winning is harder, but possible. The thing is, I'm not having fun doing it. Every win against an average deck is due to the opponent's blatant misplays. Every win against a good deck is due to pure luck on draws or Prizes. I can't make predictions about my opponent's hand based on their behavior--there's too much drawpower for any read to be meaningful.

If I'm up against Lucario+Bats or Greninja, I pray they don't know what to target or that they draw badly. Their tools are strictly superior to mine. When I win I don't feel like I've outplayed anything.

Fucking Shaymin.
>>
>>25795325
Welcome to PTCG.
>>
>>25795325
Yes

At some point I wish they would lower the power level of trainers and drawing in general to make the game a bit more interesting

It's lame casually ripping through half your deck on turn 0
>>
Using this steel deck I made, I was fighting this guy with a fire deck, Fast Foward to the last turns, i had a Hetran with Weakness policy and 130 health, the guy uses his emboar with 4 energy and says "gg senpai" he thinks hes going to win but then i survive with 10 health and he rages, Some people on this game
>>
>>25795367
>1-hour games
>interesting

Opinion discarded. But the nice thing is we'll have Shaymin, Sycamore, N, VS Seeker and Trainer's Mail for at least another 1-2 years.
>>
>>25795400
>games decided on the first turn
>interesting
>>
>>25795400
>I started playing recently and missed four full gens' worth of metagame
Did you know that Juniper was our first Draw 7 trainer since Base Set Oak?
Did you know that a majority of supporters for over a decade either drew very few cards or were more toolbox-oriented, leading to more consistency and less RNG?
Did you know that today's heavy-play decks that turbo through 30 cards while deciding on what to Compress take LONGER to play than their more technical ancestors, with no direct benefit?
>>
>>25794762
And now the whole game will be in maintenance. ded gaem indeed.
>>
>shop has been down for god knows how long
>the actual game just went down
This sucks
>>
>>25795488
This is some sick arpil fools prank.
>>
>>25795488
>>25795481
>>25795500

See >>25795210, they gave you a fair warning.
>>
>>25795512
Just because they warned us, it doesn't mean they literally took down the game suring april fool's.
>>
>OP image is not a card
>is actually kecleon's shop from mystery dungeon

I understand what you were going for, but still...
>>
Is the Stardust Jirachi Promo still a good one-off? If I'm playing YZG is switching 1 Gallade out for it fine?

>>25795544

Should have used Department Store Girl instead
>>
File: Jirachi-XYP.jpg (75 KB, 371x567) Image search: [Google]
Jirachi-XYP.jpg
75 KB, 371x567
>>25795608
>Is the Stardust Jirachi Promo still a good one-off?
Yes. AND it's getting reprinted soon.
>>
>>25795621
This REALLY should have been in Generations.
>>
Gonna be dumping around 7-8 Roaring Skies codes this weekend, will there be interest?
>>
OLD THREAD:
>>25779811

>New? Check the pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

Quick FAQ:
>Should I open tradable packs?
NO. Packs are used as currency.
>How do I get started?
Do the Trainer Challenge for free packs. Grind Theme Format versus for tokens and tickets. Grind ticket tournaments for tradable packs. Trade.
>What theme deck do I buy?
Basic Blue and Green are the best, and they're free. Don't waste your tokens.
>What do I spend my tokens on?
The weekly bundle that rotates every Wednesday. They normally contain otherwise-unobtainable promos that you'll never be able to get again. Nothing else in the shop is valuable.
>Why are my cards locked?
ONLY cards redeemed from physical codes, won through tournaments, or bought with "gems" (Canada ONLY) can be traded, no exceptions. There is no way to "unlock" a card.
>How do I build a deck?
Don't build around color. Pick a specific card and add in options that synergize and make sense. There are no "generic" or "type" decks that win.
>What deck do I build?
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/metagame-deck-discussion.250/
http://forums.sixprizes.com/c/deck/standard

To see how much a card is worth online, check the public offers and see what hasn't been accepted to get a good idea. If I search for Mew EX and see a lot of unaccepted trades offering 2 packs, but no one offering 3 packs, then I know it's worth 2-3 packs since the 3 pack offers have all been taken already.
>DON'T TRUST THE FORUMS, TRADING COMPANIES MARKUP CARDS 800%+ FOR PROFIT.
>YOU CAN GET TWO DOZEN UNCOMMON STAPLES FOR A SINGLE PACK ON PUBLIC

>IF YOU'RE GIVING AWAY CODES, COVER THE QR CODE AND DON'T POST THEM AS PLAIN TEXT. THERE ARE BOTS.

>Are my old cards valuable?
lol

Theme of the thread: What is your favorite deck of all time?
>>
>>25795786
I rewrote the OP and got rid of the useless/incorrect/outdated information.
Please use it.
>>
>>25795779
yeah, who knows when the store will be fixed (sad face)
>>
>>25795804

No.
>>
>>25795779
Yeah theres even some codes left on the last 2 generals that havent been used because of the store being down lmao.
>>
My YZG deck for SPT tomorrow, not sure if there's anything I should change

Pokemon x13

3 XY Yveltal
2 Yveltal EX
2-2 BKT Zoroark
2 Shaymin EX
2 BKT Gallade (or 1-1 Gallade / Stardust Jirachi)

Trainers x37

3 Sycamore
2 Maxie's
2 Lysandre
1 Shauna
1 Hex Maniac
1 Giovanni's Scheme
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainers Mail
3 Acro Bike
3 Battle Compressor
3 Muscle Band
2 Float Stone
2 Reverse Vally
1 Super Rod
1 Startling Megaphone

Energy x10

6 Dark
4 DCE

>>25795808

Since this is PTCGO we are talking about, it'll be "eventually"
>>
>>25795888
Probably should put in at least one BRP Yveltal. And make room for FFB. I would run a 4th Sycamore over either Shauna or Giovanni. Teammates is a staple in this deck. And I don't know how I feel about Reverse Valley but Parallel City is GOAT.
>>
File: LET ME DIE.gif (2 MB, 299x224) Image search: [Google]
LET ME DIE.gif
2 MB, 299x224
>80+ codes to use
>been waiting since store went down
>have to wait at minimum for another hour
>>
Is there any viable deck using any Gengar card right now for standard or expanded?
>>
>>25796006

You could try Gengar + Trevenant as you can use the XY Trevenant to stall while building up Gengar
>>
>>25796006
Trevenant BREAK decks sometimes use Gengar EX as a secondary attacker.
BT Gengar with Bats is a low-ter deck.
>>
>>25796006
The closest you'll get to viable is a Trevenant/Gengar EX deck but even that has been replaced by Trevenant BREAK.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 650x525) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 650x525
>buy 8 physical Roaring Skies packs
>realize Im probably going to get nothing nut dogshit
>>
Goddamnit, why are the servers still down?
>>
>get back into the server literally as fast as possible
>both codes I had gotten from the video already redeemed

Goddamnit
>>
>>25796099
post pulls
>>
>>25796257

tomorrow night. pulling two Gen packs tonight, but ill post that code
>>
>>25796099
yeh like they said post pulls
>>
w2c japanese singles w/ international shipping?
>>
File: Screenshot_3.jpg (87 KB, 507x663) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.jpg
87 KB, 507x663
Is this thing worth anything?
>>
File: 1088282.jpg (258 KB, 324x450) Image search: [Google]
1088282.jpg
258 KB, 324x450
Planning making something around Breakpoint Meganium just for funsies.
Anything of note I should put in? Already got a 4-4-4 line and 4 Forest of Giant Plants. Anything else I can meme niggas with?
>>
>>25796439
tfw no machamp ex deck
>>
>>25796439
You can't even trade it.
>>
>>25796477
Yeah he can
It doesn't show it's tradelocked in pic
>>
>>25796487
You can't trade theme decks or bundles. You could at some point in the past, but not anymore because FUCK YOU.
>>
Got a shockingly good pull from of my Jirachi box
>>
>>25796681
post pulls and codes plox
>>
Did the anon ripping the OST die?
>>
>>25795930

>One BRK Yveltal

I'd assume it's to deal with FFB, and then switch it out with Zoroark?

>Teammates
>Staple

It is more useful for slower decks (or Night March since you can dig out DCE/Puzzle of Time/whatever), but I'm uncertain about its utility in YZG

>And I don't know how I feel about Reverse Valley but Parallel City is GOAT

Well, I might even humor to run 1 of each since running two copies either would up the chance of them being dead

>4th Sycamore and FFB

I'll probably take out Giovanni's Scheme for the 4th Sycamore, but would I just take out one Muscle Band for FFB?
>>
File: 20160401_192336.jpg (581 KB, 1161x2064) Image search: [Google]
20160401_192336.jpg
581 KB, 1161x2064
>>25796689
code is unclaimed. would prefer if it went to a f2p player who won't be buying a Jirachi box or generations products but that's just my preference.
>>
File: 1407711972739.jpg (95 KB, 433x614) Image search: [Google]
1407711972739.jpg
95 KB, 433x614
>>25796814
I don't know if people respected your wish or not, but I as a f2p managed to get it. I just hope you don't care that I trade the boosters for pic related, because if you really want to, I can post pulls.
>>
File: fraxure-breakthrough-bkt-110.jpg (886 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
fraxure-breakthrough-bkt-110.jpg
886 KB, 700x990
>>25796866
fuck the boosters man. I'm happy if you get a card you really want. Just make sure to get a good trade!
>>
>>25796866
I have some regular Mewtwo EXs if you need them anon
>>
File: ayyyy.jpg (299 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy.jpg
299 KB, 800x600
>mfw i pull this in a tradelocked pack
>>
>>25796929
They're a pack each, so you're not missing out on much. Just enjoy it.
>>
>>25796900
Thanks, will do.

>>25796914
Regular Mewtwo EX? You mean, Shatter Shot or Photon Wave?
>>
someone hit me up when your able to redeem codes online, I got some shit to post
>>
>>25797129
it has been a few hours since the shop and the game got up.
>>
HOW THE FUCK DO I GET RID OF THIS SHIT TIER LAYOUT

I USE 4CHAN X
>>
File: 1409630871367.jpg (63 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
1409630871367.jpg
63 KB, 500x345
>>25797209
>tfw this is the new normal
>>
>>25797217
I WOULDN'T EVEN MIND THAT
just make the images squares again
>>
>>25797209
>>25797217
>>25797235
||s.4cdn.org/css/md2016.651.css
Add this to your adblock list
>>
>>25797149

aight, gonna post some codes in an hour or two, be ready my Somalian comrade
>>
>>25796981
Shattershot
>>
can someone explain legacy to me
what positives do the HGSS era trainers bring to the bw meta
I don't think I can build a competitive deck when so many XY staples are suddenly gone again (eg. vs seeker)
>>
File: 0ikbprX.png (116 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
0ikbprX.png
116 KB, 700x700
>>25796099
I just bought a 3-pack from Target, only semi-useful card was a Mega Gallade.
>>
>buy a BREAKthrough booster
>there's no code card in it

Fuck everything. At least I got the good Mewtwo EX in it's SR print?
>>
Just got pack from work, is that shaymin/toad/manectric reprint still real or was it an April fools joke?
>>
>>25797327
It depends on the offer.
>>
>>25797360

It's an attempt to emulate an older format. It's not so much as "what does HGSS add," it's "what does having no XY take away?"

It's especially interesting when they add HGSS back in. There aren't many pokemon that you'd want to play from that era, but some trainers are great. Prof Oak's New Theory, Pokemon Collector, Junk Arm, and Twins are all cool trainers that are now usable. It's definitely been a blast from the past for me, as my first deck on PTCGO was made just to counter all the popular decks of the time. Being able to play it again has been really fun.
>>
>>25795073
trainer challenge counts for this btw, how i got mine
>>
I have yet to figure it out

What the fuck is a "baby yveltia" (or however you spell it)
>>
>>25797360
>can someone explain legacy to me
You're allowed to use any card that ISN'T legal in Standard, ie all BW sets and earlier.
>what positives do the HGSS era trainers bring to the bw meta
Prof Oak's New Theory is Shauna+1, making it a staple draw supporter and a potential N replacement/substitute
Junk Arm is literally just Dowsing Machine but you can run 4
Lost Remover is a better Enhanced Hammer
Pokemon Circulator is a one-sided Escape Rope
Pokemon Collector is just Fan Club+1
Pokemon Communication is an alternative to Ultra Ball
Seeker can win you the game instantly
Twins is a situationally better Teammates
Alph Lithograph is a Town Map reprint

Don't forget Dark and Steel both get their respective special energy cards, and Rainbow and Rescue energy are legal again.

>I don't think I can build a competitive deck when so many XY staples are suddenly gone again (eg. vs seeker)
Legacy as of right now is just a 1:1 copy of the meta we had three years ago with a few new toys, none of which really impact the game. Very few HGSS Pokemon are usable, and the trainers don't bring THAT much to the table.
>>
>>25797497
The non-EX Yveltal
>>25797474
Honestly I don't really need them. If you have a Battle Compressor and some Puzzle of Time that'd be neato.
>>
>>25797525
I have 2 battle compressors, but only one of them is tradeable, and I can get you 4 puzzle of time if I make some trades.
>>
>use level ball
>forced to forfeit due to freeze

Cool game.
>>
>>25797502
so what deck would you run
most of the modern expanded decks don't work without tools added in XY
>>
>>25797592
Turns out I only have 1 Mewtwo
Just drop me a trade offer fampai my username is Yoshikarp
>>
>>25797502
>Very few HGSS Pokemon are usable
Just to elaborate on this:
Celebi Prime is a staple in ViriGen and other Grass for free acceleration
Smeargle lets you use a second supporter every turn
Vilelock is still a thing
Mismagius is Fairy Transfer for Psychic
Feraligatr Prime has Blastoise's Rain Dance
Scizor Prime is a Stage 1 Aegislash EX
Roserade can Sleep/Confuse opponents every turn
Lost Zone decks are still technically viable since HGSS cards aren't that below curve in HP, just damage
Some LEGENDS are "viable"

>>25797707
I would run...exactly what I was running three years ago.
>most of the modern expanded decks don't work without tools added in XY
You do understand the game didn't start at XY, right? It's been going on for two full decades. Do you think the decks "didn't work" back then? Think about what you said.

If you're still in the dark, the metagame back then off the top of my head was:
>Virizion/Genesect
>Blastoise/Keldeo
>Plasmabox
>Darkrai/Sableye
>Rayquaza/Eels
>Mewtwo/Eels
>Landorus Fightbox
>Gothitelle Lock
More or less in that order
>>
>have a bunch of EXs and Full Arts I'll never use
>all pulled out of tradelocked packs and can't trade them for shit I need

who thought this was a good idea
>>
>>25797803
the most convincing argument I've heard is that if token-bought packs (or VS Ladder won packs) were tradeable, then it would encourage individuals to game the system by creating a bot that would just play the game in a way to amass tokens (like just playing a VS game for a set amount of time to activate the loser wheel).
>>
>>25797820
It takes five minutes tops for a fresh account to get their first trade-locked pack from the tutorial or trainer challenge.
If it weren't locked, that's a free pack every five minutes from people just making fresh accounts. They would make no money.
>>
>>25797780
>blastoise keldeo without archies
>landorus fightbox without strong energy or korinna
this is what I'm talking about, antifun man
>>
>>25797780

Some of the less known (and perhaps meme tier) decks also include

>Durant Mill
>PlasmaSteel (Plasma Klinklang + BW Klinklang and both Cobalions)
>Darkrai/Hydreigon
>Garchomp/Altaria

Don't forget this was the time when Pokemon Catcher didn't require a flip and nothing was safe
>>
>>25797836
What are you even posting at this point?
>>
>>25797820
Technically you could still do that and just purchase packs with the stuff you need inside of them
>>
>>25797747
I couldn't make a private trade because you aren't currently online, so I made a public trade, with the username SoldGold
>>
>>25797850
my complaints joshua stewart
>>
>have lost the coin toss now 17 games in a row
>get the exact same unplayable hand every game after 2-4 mulligans
>opponent gets perfectly set up without drawing anything every game
>using fucking YZG versus shit tier decks

I hate this game so fucking much and whoever coded it.
>>
>>25797873
Well I'm online now anon and I added you
>>
>>25797908
they should poach some Hearthstone programmers.
>>
>>25797914
Got it, thanks!
>>
>>25797959
No problemo anon
>>
anyone have a kinda irrational or gut dislike of a certain type of Pokemon card? Like I'm fine with fighting type and electric type Pokemon in the main games, but I loath them in the TCG. Pokemon I'd normally like like Garchomp, I don't want to use because they're fighting type in the tcg.
>>
>use two battle compressors
>each time, 3 VS Seekers were in a row

What the fuck. Does the game not rearrange the fucking deck?
>>
I have absolutely no problem with the way the game shuffles the deck. I occasionally have poor luck as to my draws, but not more than what's to be expected.

I am the 1%.
>>
File: blini kot.jpg (97 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
blini kot.jpg
97 KB, 500x500
>buy random Mew Generations box today at Target
>pull a M Venusaur EX

Thank you based god, this will make up for all the bullshit I pull tomorrow
>>
>>25797863
Cards from codes aren't the exact same cards you get in the booster pack the code came in. The only time a specific card is guaranteed is when it's a special box or promo.
>>
File: 1430019089713.gif (2 MB, 244x201) Image search: [Google]
1430019089713.gif
2 MB, 244x201
why the fuck does Roaring Skies have THREE different M Rayquaza EXs?
>>
>>25798235

- Colorless M Fug
- Full Art version of said Colorless M Fug
- Dragon M Fug

And then there's a Shiny Full Art Colorless M Fug in Ancient Origins with a different Ancient Trait
>>
>>25798139
>tomorrow
Do you mean mtg pre-release or more pokemon boosters?
>>
>>25798235
Do you wanna count the mewtwos in breakthrough?
>>
what should i spend my tokens on?
>>
>>25798355

the next set that comes out
>>
>>25798355
This is why I want to use the new op
>>
when the fuck are they going to fix the search function
>>
>>25798546
>this shitty client
>fixing anything

Never.
>>
>>25798546
Works fine on my end. What's wrong with it?
>>
>>25798628

In deck building it is not bringing up the cards you're searching for initially. Switching the view then brings up the cards.

It simply doesn't work in trades.
>>
Why doesnt the store sell the Generations packs?
>>
>>25798820
So you're forced to waste IRL bucks on boxes to pull that Jolteon.
>>
As a new playr can someone explain why decks run such low amounts of basic pokemon? I get that decks cycle fast and search a lot but with the terrible mulligan rule this game has, you are running a very high risk of just losing without ever playing a card because you had to mulligan 5 times and your opponent got 5 extra cards
>>
>>25798902
The chances of getting a mulligan with 7 Basics is ~60%.
8 Basics is ~65%.
9 Basics is ~70%.
10 Basics is ~74%.
11 Basics is ~77%.

That should alleviate your worries.
>>
>>25799059
Sorry, the chances of *not* getting a mulligan.
>>
>6 ticket tournament is in Legacy format.

Can't say I'm surprised, really...
>>
So why the fuck was the shop down if they didn't add ANYTHING?
>>
>play legacy
>N myself into 4 dark patches and 2 lost receivers with just a Darkrai out

Wow.
>>
>>25799440
What the FUCK do you think
>UNSCHEDULED MAINTENANCE
means?
Do you think some chucklefuck at the office had SUCH A GREAT, SUDDEN IDEA that they had to shut down the shop on a fucking DIME to implement it?
>GUYS, JEFF OVER HEAR HAD A STAR-SPANGLED PLAN FOR A BUNDLE, WE GOTTA GET THIS SHIT ONLINE ASAP, FUCK THE PLAYERS, FUCK THE SERVERS, I WANT THIS SHIT ON MY DESK BY LUNCH
Do you think some programmer slapped his forehead and said, "OH, THAT'S WHAT I FORGOT!" and then suddenly scrambled to put it in before his boss found out, like in a shitty sitcom episode?
No, RETARD
Something FUCKED UP and they had to fix it FAST before people noticed
And guess what? THEY DID A SPECTACULAR JOB covering their fuckup because we STILL don't know what was wrong
The only thing we DO know is that you COMPLETELY LACK critical thinking skills
fuck off
>>
>>25799469
Calm down Billy, try venting out your autism on the game, maybe then you'll win.
>>
File: image.jpg (468 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
468 KB, 1836x3264
>open four straight Roaring Skies packs
>all straight non-holo dogshit

yep, Im done buying cards from this expansion
>>
>>25799469
>Fix it fast
>More than 24 hours of downtime
>fast
>>
>>25797459
Shaymin-EX is still getting a reprint in Japan so we'll get it eventually, the decks were WPM's April Fool that he posted in March like a fucking retard.
>>
>>25799469
>>25799440

Stacey u got pwnd holy shit
>>
anybody know the price of a Full art Xerosic?
>>
File: 2016-04-01 22.12.20.jpg (3 MB, 2120x2045) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-01 22.12.20.jpg
3 MB, 2120x2045
So first time buying pokemon cards in over 10 years, I've played the video games and Jirachi is my fav. so these are my pulls, I got 2 Jolteons unfortunatley but Frosslass is super cool.
>>
I just got accused of "hex editing." Is that even a thing?
>>
File: Nightmarch Progress.png (1 MB, 1273x750) Image search: [Google]
Nightmarch Progress.png
1 MB, 1273x750
Almost done with my Nightmarch deck, but my TCG buddy said Computer Search is expensive. I don't know how expensive it is, since no one even has any up for trade anyway.
So what can take it's place?
>>
>>25799822
Only the 1337st of h4x0rs know how to do it
>>
>>25799822
Hex editing is a thing, but I don't know how much it is in this game considering it's server-side.
>>
So what's a fun deck I can make that isn't total shit but isn't a top tier great deck? Seems like most decks I run against are fun decks online and I feel like an asshole demolishing them with Greninja break
>>
File: cunts.jpg (403 KB, 1590x896) Image search: [Google]
cunts.jpg
403 KB, 1590x896
>I have advantage
>I have a Fire deck while he has a Water deck
>>
>opponent magically knows what's in my hand and N's the card that beats him to the bottom card in my deck at the end of the game

Fuck legacy.
>>
Kinda slow night, someone post codes so i can snag them
>>
who up in this ma
>>
Is regular posting back yet?
>>
>>25800847
Yes.
>>
>>25800873

I noticed that as soon as my post was uploaded, the layout's back to normal as well.

April Fool's Day is a very dangerous day.
>>
So, a friend and I pulled packs tonight. I bought a Machamp tin and a few boosters and he bought a Gyarados Elite Trainer Box box. He gave me all of the codes. I'm gonna post pulls. Wish me luck.
>>
I run a Fleron-ex deck, but I really need something to help me deal with Water decks. Suggestions?
>>
File: Pull 1.png (924 KB, 1277x717) Image search: [Google]
Pull 1.png
924 KB, 1277x717
Commencing image dump.
>>
File: Pull 2.png (933 KB, 1273x713) Image search: [Google]
Pull 2.png
933 KB, 1273x713
>>
File: Pull 3.png (931 KB, 1277x709) Image search: [Google]
Pull 3.png
931 KB, 1277x709
>>
File: Pull 4.png (921 KB, 1277x717) Image search: [Google]
Pull 4.png
921 KB, 1277x717
>>
File: Pull 5.png (929 KB, 1277x719) Image search: [Google]
Pull 5.png
929 KB, 1277x719
>>
File: Pull 6.png (927 KB, 1271x713) Image search: [Google]
Pull 6.png
927 KB, 1271x713
>>
File: Pull 7.png (915 KB, 1276x716) Image search: [Google]
Pull 7.png
915 KB, 1276x716
>>
File: Pull 8.png (922 KB, 1273x709) Image search: [Google]
Pull 8.png
922 KB, 1273x709
>>
Who are you replying to?
>>
File: Pull 9.png (907 KB, 1271x711) Image search: [Google]
Pull 9.png
907 KB, 1271x711
>>
File: Pull 10.png (929 KB, 1275x717) Image search: [Google]
Pull 10.png
929 KB, 1275x717
>>25800987
Myself >>25800909. I said I was gonna post pulls.
>>
File: Pull 11.png (931 KB, 1275x711) Image search: [Google]
Pull 11.png
931 KB, 1275x711
>>
File: Pull 12.png (920 KB, 1275x713) Image search: [Google]
Pull 12.png
920 KB, 1275x713
Last one.
>>
> everyone running sableye in legacy with junk arm and life dew

welp time to stop playing legacy
>>
>Got this and 20 tokens from my holo chest.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8kemjjRtIQ
>>
Once I've made the decks I want is it worth opening my excess packs or holding them til new sets?
>>
>>25801895
>once I've made the decks I want
then you find new decks you want
if you've run out of those you start getting the decks you want in pretty
>>
File: image.gif (440 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
440 KB, 186x186
>open 4 of my 8 Roaring Skies packs
>total putrid dogshit

i dont even want to open the rest of these. I feel like they make these have fucking awful pulls on purpose becuz everyones trying to get Shaymin. I just want my FA Hydreigon...
>>
Wait is Florges break broken? I have 2 florges on field with the -1 fairy cost ability and one of those 2 has become a break and I can use its 70 attack move for free....
>>
>>25802079
Digital or physical?
>>
File: PrintingMoney.png (2 MB, 1627x950) Image search: [Google]
PrintingMoney.png
2 MB, 1627x950
>Finally redeem my Charizard, Celebi, and Jirachi boxes
>Pull 1 Sylveon EX, 2 FA Sylveon EX, 2 MGardevoir EX, FA Articuno, and these

So how can I turn my Jolteon into Shaymin?
>>
>>25802079

Wow.... yep I opened the rest of my physical Roaring Skies packs. nothing but pure unadulterated dog shit. I am so fucking pissed pff right now. Im sorry, but if I buy 8 fucking packs of the expansion I am ENTITLED to get an EX card. This may be the quickest I ever drop a hobby. Guess Ill post my codes later today. fuck.
>>
>>25802650
Probability fucked with you.
The game is a massive RNG fest anyway, the pulls are just the beginning.
>>
>>25802186
Maybe that's why they call them BREAKs - they break TCGO.
>>
File: pls no.jpg (39 KB, 445x469) Image search: [Google]
pls no.jpg
39 KB, 445x469
>5ban graphics
MAKE IT STOP
>>
I'm trying to build an competent deck IRL

I pulled Gyrados EX and M Gyrados EX at my prerelease, so I thought I'd build a deck around them.

What other pokemon would I pair him with?
>>
>>25802833
What's wrong with 5ban? they make decent looking cards tbqh
>>
>>25802650
Where did you buy your packs from? Since it's an older expansion, I wouldn't be surprised if all that's left is weighed leftovers.
>>
>>25802944
Not him, but you can't be fucking serious. It is literal 3D CG shit, it's not even good cg.
>>
>>25802955
>weighed
What does weighing packs mean though? I've heard it for all kinds of card games. Not the guy with the unlucky streak by the way.
>>
I put up a trade about an hour ago for no reason,knew it wouldn't get accepted.
>non-EX Deoxys from roaring skies and a normal fucking nidoqueen for a Mega Sceptile EX
>mfw I go into deck editor and it's been accepted
Is there something I'm missing? Was that a bad trade to get the Sceptile on my part? I still can't believe this shit
>>
>>25802968
Basically packs with FA SR cards are heavier than packs without, so people have many methods of checking without opening which packs have higher chance of having a rare card.
>>
>>25803010
Wouldn't that difference be minuscule? Do they take a weighing machine with them? Can they really tell?
>>
>>25802968
Basically, packs with foils/textured SR's actually create a thicker and more weighted pack. Some people go to a store and weigh/measure the packs so they can just get them.
>>
>>25802994
A lot of people are just nice, I've been shifting a shit ton of my HG/SS stuff for just random commons because I dont want to hold onto them til I can jew someone.
>>
>>25803066
that's pretty cool,I didn't even consider that to be honest
>>
>Ninetales Ex for Flareon Ex (Normal Art)
Should I do it?
>>
>>25802650
With attitude you should quit. 8 x 3.99= $32. You could buy singles with that money and get the cards you actually want unless you are looking for Shaymin.
>>
>>25803044
The difference is small, but boosters can have a difference up to 2 grams iirc. I knew a store that had a digital high precision balance equal to those used in chem labs, they would open the heaviest boosters of the box, and sell the rest. This is why I never buy boosters from a store that sells singles.

A quick test I saw some people doing is trying to bend the boosters, the booster which resists the most has a higher chance of having something thicker like SR cards inside. Also, maybe my mind is making stuff up, but after holding many and many boosters, I started being able to feel which booster is heavier when I hold one booster in each hand.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Roaring Skies shit luck guy here. please post pulls so I can see if at least SOMEONE benefited from this flaming pile of garbage.
>>
File: one sr, rest not so much.jpg (2 MB, 3412x1364) Image search: [Google]
one sr, rest not so much.jpg
2 MB, 3412x1364
>>25803304
Cheers mate!
>>
>>25803304
>Look it up
>Open the game as quick as I can
>Literally took over a minute to fucking load the game
wtf, why did it took so long to load stuff from the server?
>>
>>25803359
>only decent card was a Energy Switch
rip
>>
>>25803377
Could be worse, there's still 2 packs someone else got, maybe they were more lucky.
>>
>>25803364
Just checked again, it is still slow to load, is it the same for everyone else? Wtf was the maintenance for?
>>
File: rip.png (718 KB, 889x492) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
718 KB, 889x492
>>25803304
>>
File: Screenshot (2).png (991 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (2).png
991 KB, 1366x768
>Have 3 gen packs left
>Decide fuck it and open them

Pack before this I got a Leafeon EX aswell.
>>
Would you guys be down if I live-posted me pulling some Gen packs tonight? might make it more lively in here and Idk I think itd be cool to do it alongside you folks. Plus, Ill post some Gen codes at the end
>>
>>25803456
>FA Flareon Ex
Fuck I want one of those.
>>
>>25803457
>Plus, Ill post some Gen codes at the end
This is literally all you need to get attention from here. Also, I would love to, but I have a party to attend tonight.
>>
So, how much would you guys think a Generations pack would be worth right now?
I want to try my luck at opening one to see if I can more a profit, or at least get some cards I don't have.
>>
>>25803457
>live posted
As in a livestream or just posting your pulls as photos?
>>
>>25803456
>>25803465
Are you willing to trade that? If you are, tell me what you're looking for, maybe I have it.

>>25803476
They're still valuable because lol can't buy from ingame shop.
>>
>>25803496
>They're still valuable because lol can't buy from ingame shop.
Yeah, but HOW valuable?
I've seen them on the public trade for 3 RS.
>>
>>25803477

prolly post photos, three cards at a time. idk how I would stream
>>
>>25803476
It is almost impossible to make a profit from generaions boosters, because the only card worth while is Jolteon EX. All the others are not even worth 2 generations boosters to make a profit.

>>25803523
I saw some trading for 4~5 Breakpoint each.
>>
>>25803535
>It is almost impossible to make a profit from generaions boosters,
Well that's too bad.
>>
Full art Shauna when?
>>
File: tcg.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
tcg.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
Does anyone know how much packs this outfit set goes for?
>>
Since Shaymin's getting reprinted, that means RS's value is about to get shit on
What pack should I convert to? Should I wait for XY10 and try to 1:1 that?
It just seems like everything Standard is so low-value and everything Legacy isn't worth it since tournaments give it out now.
>>
File: now I know.png (166 KB, 931x705) Image search: [Google]
now I know.png
166 KB, 931x705
>>25803535
Well, I guess this is one price to go by.
Should I open it?

>>25803766
It's not available.
They've been in the game for a LONG time, but there's no way to get them yet.
>>
>>25803767
>Since Shaymin's getting reprinted, that means RS's value is about to get shit on
Where did you hear that?
>>
>>25803892
>not opening it
You always open it.
>>
>>25803904
But >>25803535 said that I shouldn't.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (21 KB, 426x320) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
21 KB, 426x320
>>25803919
Are you going to be a pussy and listen to that faggot? Come on, be a man, take risks.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.