[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/smtg/ - Shin Megami Tensei General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
>Starter guide
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10886965/smtstarterguide.png

>Tips and tricks
http://pastebin.com/qqxkrWFh

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
http://pastebin.com/fgVp423S

>Misc. Translations
http://pastebin.com/LHKVLNQB

>Booru
http://smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended Reading
http://pastebin.com/YppqPPjf

Previous Thread: >>83042076
>>
first for smt girl pussy
>>
File: Lucifer 4.png (9 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Lucifer 4.png
9 KB, 300x400
Chaos is the official alignment of /smtg/
>>
>>83232483
second
>>83232336
WURLD OF BOIPUSSY
>>
File: 1405669916568.jpg (681 KB, 917x1230) Image search: [Google]
1405669916568.jpg
681 KB, 917x1230
>>83232336
Only the best.
>>
>Page 5
>>
File: Isabeau 3.jpg (155 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
Isabeau 3.jpg
155 KB, 700x500
>>83232695
Chaos confirmed for the alignment of fujos once again.
>>
>>83231713

Hikawa's not really a gaian in the sense of following their teachings. He used them for their resources, and it says that they considered him a heretic. He "joined" in the same sense that you did in IV.

Many of them were chaos demons, but in nocturne everyone was acting out of character anyways, so that barely matters. He also had some viles which were dark law.
>>
>>83232974
Does Isabeau bind?
>>
File: Isabeau 4.jpg (113 KB, 623x900) Image search: [Google]
Isabeau 4.jpg
113 KB, 623x900
>>83233445
Probably
>>
File: 1407450582113.jpg (241 KB, 671x992) Image search: [Google]
1407450582113.jpg
241 KB, 671x992
>>83233461

>Not one of lineage or shit like Luxorers and YHVH's kingdoms are based on.

You have no clue what law is about, do you. YHVH doesn't want an elite because he wants to ensure everyone knows that he's so much better than everyone else that it makes hierarchy nominal only, and distinctions irrelevant. When law hero dies in 1 he realizes this. Being the messiah doesn't mean he's better or has a higher rank. Its just a job he's expected to do since everyone is equal.
>>
File: ddsfags.png (482 KB, 709x406) Image search: [Google]
ddsfags.png
482 KB, 709x406
>>83232974
you have a problem with that?
>>
>>83232974
Girls who like yaoi tend to fantasize about being abused the same way the catcher in yaoi is, which would happen to them in a Chaos world because only weak and stupid women like yaoi. Similarly, gay men like the idea of abusing people with no consequences, which they might get to do in a "WURLD OF STRENGTH". Besides, only guys who look at another man's ass and think "I'd rather stick my dick in that than in a girl's pussy" or worse the kind of man who looks at another man's dick and thinks "I want that in my ass" and the kind of girl who thinks that's not only acceptable but hot would be dumb and degenerate enough to fall for Lucifer's lies.
>>
File: 16242043_m.jpg (343 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
16242043_m.jpg
343 KB, 600x450
>>83233818
>degenerate

We /pol/ now?

>not living by the way of yaoi
>>
>>83233661
You have comically missed the point. Law is always about purging everyone except for a few chosen folk based on ludicrous criteria and a slight touch of racial purity.

SMT 1: YHVH nukes and tries to further purge the planet to leave only his chosen people.
SMT 2: YHVH laser cannon nukes the world so that his chosen people can descend and live in peace
SJ: Zelenin's song purges all but the chosen people to live in eternal praise
IV: All of Tokyo gets destroyed so that the chosen people in Mikado can continue to live untainted by the people of Tokyo
Blasted Tokyo in IV: Everyone is being purged to make room for the new race of people to live in YHVH's paradise
>>
>>83234353

>claims I missed the point.
>Doesn't contradict what I said. Lists random shit that happened.

Okay. I'll try to guess what you're implying from your post that never got to the point. Are you saying that since they kill people sometimes, that that means that they must believe in hierarchy?
>>
>>83234108
fuck off fujo
>>
File: 1408209906234.png (508 KB, 478x455) Image search: [Google]
1408209906234.png
508 KB, 478x455
>>83234634
>sometimes
>>
>>83234634
You were the one responding to me. And your post had nothing to do with what I said. The entirety of a Law ending's people are the "elite" in this scenario because everyone else has been genocide'd. Just because the elite are all equally elite doesn't mean that they aren't treated better than the rest of the population that got fucking mass murdered.

I'm saying the difference between Chaos and Law societies is that the Elite in these two scenarios are chosen very differently. Chaos is based on personal merit, not where you come from. Elites in Law societies are based on how much sin your family line has had and whether you can be salvaged or if the plate should just be wiped clean.
>>
>>83235079

>Elites in Law societies are based on how much sin your family line has had and whether you can be salvaged or if the plate should just be wiped clean.

Now you're straight up making things up. Your "evidence" for the family line thing is what yhvh says in II, despite the fact that II makes it obvious that yhvh was out of control and contradicting law philosophy, and so they had to put him down even though he's technically supposed to be in charge. In II gabriel makes it obvious that that's not how it works, and Satan for the last boss makes it obvious how its supposed to work by telling yhvh that there are "no exceptions" no matter who you are. Yhvh represents a single core ideal, and has to function as that way, but law doesn't even tolerate when in order to promote other egalitarianism he gets out of hand.

As for everyone else, there's a reason what who law saves seems odd and haphazard. Its not the people who believe the most, the strongest, the smartest, or anything that implies favoring haphazardly. Its simply whoever will produce the best results based on what they're doing at the time. They're impartially selected to produce results. And its under the assumption that shit is always hitting the fan, so deaths and dubious outcomes always happen. But they're doing this in order to create a new world with countless generations who all live in peace and equality. Lucifer in II straight up admits that their plan is going to work.
>>
So, I'm on my first playthrough of Nocturne right now and I'm finally at the Tower of Kagutsuchi. I'm assuming the fights here are going to super hard, so I'm wondering what's a good level to be around at this point? I'm level 63 and that seems kinda low to me. The last thing I want to do is grind, but I rather not be stuck here for a week.
>>
>>83234108
>implying /pol/ isn't full of degenerates who can't see how bad they are
Neo-Nazis are the worst of scum, with the social-Darwinist tendencies of Gayos plus all the elitism and totalitarianism of Lawtism. Essentially, /pol/ is the Reason of Yosuga. At least fags are just plain old Cha-ass.
>>
>>83236469

>fags
>chaos

Maybe the kind who wear tons of leather. Definitely not your uberfeminins bottom fags.
>>
>>83235603
>Now you're straight up making things up
No I'm not. Mikado had to be purged of Tokyo's influence. Blasted Tokyo had to be purged of the previous inhabitants no matter how faithful they were. Millennium Tokyo had to be purged of the outside and underworld people's influence.

>Your "evidence" for the family line thing is what yhvh says in II, despite the fact that II makes it obvious that yhvh was out of control and contradicting law philosophy, and so they had to put him down even though he's technically supposed to be in charge
And his plan goes off without a hitch due to you and Satan enacting it. You still go through with it and start a Thousand Year Kingdom of only the most sheltered individuals.

>In II gabriel makes it obvious that that's not how it works
What are you talking about? Gabriel had beef with the other Archangels for not listening to YHVH and making up their own shit in his absence by trying to rush the whole messiah thing by creating you. Once you kill YHVH Gabriel basically goes "Well shit, now what", She flat out states that she no longer has purpose now that he's gone, but you might as well go enjoy eden.

>and Satan for the last boss makes it obvious how its supposed to work by telling yhvh that there are "no exceptions" no matter who you are
Yet Satan goes through with the plan. Satan understands that it is necessary to purge those people for Eden. He just thinks that by doing so it brings YHVH down to their level and thus needs to be purged too.

>Its simply whoever will produce the best results based on what they're doing at the time
This is flagrantly untrue. The criteria for living in a Law society is innocence. This is overwhelmingly the chief criteria. And innocence is very, very easily lost in post apocalyptic society. That's why Law coddles its own pockets of innocent people (such as the aforementioned Millennium Kingdom and Mikado's cocoon descended people) who must be protected from the outside world.
>>
>>83234432
>I saw a video of it on NicoNico. At least someone at Atlus still got dat respect for old school.
>http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21297529
>I know it doesn't mean much if you don't know runes, but it basically says something along the lines of, "Have you heard the rumor? If you play games on your TV that are supposed to be out yet you'll see...TURN IT OFF TURN IT OFF TURN IT OFF..." and it goes on for a bit.

is it on yt, i dont nico
>>
>>83236938
casual
>>
Luck builds are so fun
>>
>>83236718

>No I'm not. Mikado had to be purged of Tokyo's influence. Blasted Tokyo had to be purged of the previous inhabitants no matter how faithful they were. Millennium Tokyo had to be purged of the outside and underworld people's influence.

Yeah. Did you even play the law ending in iv. It made it obvious that it wasn't about judging the people in tokyo as people. They ran out of time to shove them in cocoons, and demons were breaking out. The word "filth" simply means anything that will damage the functioning of the new world. Which is why merkabah at the end casually says that both of you are filth too, and have to die. He certainly isn't calling you or him corrupt or evil. Simply pointing out that they do what they have to even if it means their own deaths, and again there is no exceptions since everyone is more or less interchangeable.

>And his plan goes off without a hitch due to you and Satan enacting it.

His plan doesn't go off. One very close to it, but without him there being an asshole does.

>Once you kill YHVH Gabriel basically goes "Well shit, now what"

Gabriel doesn't say anything resembling "oh shit." She doesn't try to stop you either. She knows and approves what you did.

> The criteria for living in a Law society is innocence.

The criteria is whatever makes it function, and that is what is seen as doing so. Its not about "hierarchy of people." Its about the absolute balance that will make the society able to work by getting rid of whatever impedes
>>
>>83236612
The gay bitches like being abused just like their rotten hags do. Otherwise, they'd stop getting into relationships with other guys (Law ending, give in to the greater good of God's society), or they'd go to the gym and train for strength and get as strong as the leather guys and the bears (switch which side of the Chaos ending they're on, become pitchers rather than catchers), or at the very least they'd carry a gun (Neutral ending, where they can be who they already are without fear).
>>
File: amalamidnight17.jpg (113 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
amalamidnight17.jpg
113 KB, 640x428
>>83237578
Is there any place were i can get all the rest of this?
>>
>>83237168
>Yeah. Did you even play the law ending in iv. It made it obvious that it wasn't about judging the people in tokyo as people. They ran out of time to shove them in cocoons, and demons were breaking out.
I've played every route. And once the demons took root in Tokyo everyone there was marked beyond redemption.

>The word "filth" ...
Filth refers to anyone who has been tainted with dealings with demons. This is made pretty clear. As both you and Merkabah had to go around smiting demons, you had to summon and fuse them, and you both had to deal directly with Lucifer himself you both had to go down with the rest of the filth. Just like YHVH tainting himself with genocide.

>His plan doesn't ...
How happy YHVH is with the plan wasn't the point. The point was that the genocide of everyone outside of the space station went off without a hitch thanks to your efforts.

>Gabriel doesn't say...
I'm slightly doubting you've played SMT2 at this point. Gabriel had absolutely no opportunities to stop or disapprove of your actions. You get invited into YHVH's personal chambers. He's praising the shit out of you. Then Satan announces that he's gonna beat the shit out of YHVH and you get roped into helping since you're still a silent protagonist. Gabriel wasn't there and could only deal with the aftermath.

>The criteria is...
No. One, I have never said "hierarchy of people" a single time. Ever. I have no idea what you're quoting here. Two, it has always always always been about innocence. YHVH, and by extension his angels, usually views humanity's failure to worship and live in peace properly on the influence of demons and the knowledge of "evil".
>>
I'm playing DDS and I'm really confused about this Macha fight, I'm staying as a human and shooting them but they keep using zanma and bringing me to really low health, that plus the damage I take when I use crossfire just keeps fucking me up
>>
>>83238601
Use electric attacks on them.
>>
>>83238195
Also I'm going to sleep on this note, so apologies if you're thinking up a reply.
>>
>>83237578
listen it's nearly 3 am and all I gathered from your post was gays and guns so you sure as hell ain't speaking the stars and stripes
>>
>>83238756
Alright, but I just came across gyu-ki

this game just got really hard quick, what the fuck happened?
>>
>>83239450
You need to learn more skills via the mantras. This game relies heavily on skill set up, you should have varied ammount of elemental shields as they help a lot.
>>
>>83239542
The second mantra I got was the 2nd ice one, and I literally just finished that when I got here.
So I basically have to grind to get more more skills from mantras?
>>
>>83239939
Essentially yes, do you see your characters weakness? Make sure to assign mantras of the element that character is weak to so it allows you to learn skills to cover for said weakness.
>>
>>83240306
Do you pretty much mean the Void X skills?
>>
>>83240429
Yes.
>>
http://ask-persona.tumblr.com/post/99861586798/persona-3-club-book-world-guide-q-a-translation-part

Thoughts? This was posted in /pg/. It seems like glorified fanfiction to me but it's apparently canon
>>
>>83240898
>Hm, now how to say this… I’m not exactly ‘aiming’ to be a ‘target’! Ha Ha!
Based Ikutsuki
>>
When I get the chance, what should I play next?
The two Raidou games or the two DDS games?
>>
>>83242273
DDS is pretty neat
>>
>>83242273
Raidou to spice things up from turn based battles.
>>
File: 46502115_p0.jpg (1 MB, 1273x900) Image search: [Google]
46502115_p0.jpg
1 MB, 1273x900
>>
>>83242990

Wut? Gabriel is literally just nude at the beach, but thinks that wings are going to cover it up?
>>
>>83242990
>those weird faces
>>
File: 220px-Dc-redmirai.png (36 KB, 220x198) Image search: [Google]
220px-Dc-redmirai.png
36 KB, 220x198
I want to fuck Mirai
>>
>>83245831
Does Mirai ever go nopan
>>
>>83237916
Not that I've found. You might have to do a "favor" for someone who has a physical copy.
>>
File: 1402457112451.jpg (459 KB, 430x700) Image search: [Google]
1402457112451.jpg
459 KB, 430x700
>>83246469
I hope so
>>
>>83246553
>favor

N-nothing gay right?
>>
>>83245831
How did you like red book in relation to mainline?
>>
Where can I follow the progress of p2ep translation patch?
>>
>>83251757
WHICH ONE
>>
File: Judgement upon all anons.jpg (192 KB, 529x311) Image search: [Google]
Judgement upon all anons.jpg
192 KB, 529x311
>>83238195
Not the anon you were conversing with, but

>Filth refers to anyone who has been tainted with dealings with demons.
Nope. It's anything that the Angels want to say is tainted, from just reading manga to reading books, while saying the technology built with the knowledge from those books is 100% OK.
>>
File: 32121810_p4.png (157 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
32121810_p4.png
157 KB, 512x512
>>83247461
Not that anon, but I wish they had built up the relationship between Mirai and meeting her father a lot more, especially when her goal was to find him.

Setsuna had a better reunion with their dad, and even gets a scene later where they try to talk reason with the omnicidal Michael.
>>
File: SMTV gets announced.png (392 KB, 1379x416) Image search: [Google]
SMTV gets announced.png
392 KB, 1379x416
>>
>>83256456
Not clicking
>>
>>83256456
Filtered
>>
Does Persona 4 actually have a speed running scene or is it just like 3 guys on twitch not realizing Golden came out

On a side note, do SNES games emulate well on psp/vita? I have a nVidia shield but it's sort of like... Why?
>>
>>83257208
For psp it depends on the game. Some I can run but it doesn't run Kirby superstar for example. I think smt runs fine
>>
>>83257208
only problem I ever had with snes/gba on psp was savegames, but that's what save states are for
>>
>>83253419
It's pretty much influence from Tokyo.
>>
We need a SMT in Australia
>>
>>83259661
And deal with even more spider demons? No, thanks.
>>
>>83259661
The what.
>>
>>83236938
>decide to register for NicoNico
>near;y everything is behind sa paywall
>>
>>83256456
Cool, I hope this fag got a timeout.
>>
Pyro Jack should have been the mascot of this series.
>>
>>83262682

You should've been the mascot.
>>
>>83262682
>not Hairy Jack
>>
>>83263574
>not Jack the Ripper
>>
>>83262682
Funny thing, actually. Back in October 2011, just before Halloween and just after I'd finally gotten my hands on Devil Survivor, we had a freak snowstorm. I remember because I was up all night playing Devil Survivor and tending to the fire, just in case the power went out again so we'd have heat if we needed it. But the day after, and the day after that, snow was still on the ground. So my mother, she built a snowman... Well, more accurately, a snow mound. And she wrapped a black tarp that looked like a coat over the mound, and put an old candy basket shaped and colored like a jack o'lantern on top of the tarp-covered mound, and a black witch's hat on top of that. And I laughed, because what Megaten fan wouldn't, to see Jack Frost going as Pyro Jack for Halloween?
>>
>>83264117
yo is your mom hot
>>
>>83264235
Not anymore, some demon ate her.
At least I still have my dog.
>>
>>83264117
10/10

Screencapping this when I get home 7 hours from now. Or just saving it as a nice copypasta.
>>
Fumi's fumis.
>>
File: 1332468233676.jpg (131 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
1332468233676.jpg
131 KB, 600x390
>>83266071
>>
>we will all be skeletons before Break Record comes out in the US
>>
File: 191_David.jpg (408 KB, 1300x2536) Image search: [Google]
191_David.jpg
408 KB, 1300x2536
>>83266542

But I'm already a fiend.
>>
File: Matador2.jpg (50 KB, 640x819) Image search: [Google]
Matador2.jpg
50 KB, 640x819
>>83266542
Is that a bad thing?
>>
>>83264117
Your mum was summoning pyro jack moron! She's a devi sama
>>
>>83266664
>them quads
2spooky4me
>>
I think Tsukasa Masuko really likes waltz.
>>
>>83259661
So SMT x Etrian Odyssey?
>>
Which is the worst SMT game?

Hard Mode: No Persona.
>>
>>83271927
Challenge accepted.

Worst SMT Game: Soul Hackers
Best SMT Game: IV
>>
>>83272140
>soul hackers
>worst
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag
>>
>>83271927
Imagine is by far the worst one I've played.
>>
>>83253521
Started playing recently, not a lot but it's good so far, (maybe a little too easy) and really similar to pokemon which I've never played again since 3rd generation. Don't know much about the story yet though. Did you play one book and then the other or both at the same time?
>>
>>83271927
Objectively giten or ronde
Persona is nowhere close to worst when we've got these games
>>
>>83274909
>hating on giten
Why? It isn't that bad.
>>
Didn't Atlus promise to announce a new big project before their 25th Anniversary in November?
>>
>>83275653
inb4 Persona 4 Infininty
>>
>>83275653
More Persona 4 probably.
>>
>>83275653
Deviliser is coming
>>
>>83275806
>>83275885
It's not Persona for sure.
>>
> Still no EU SMT IV release date despite them saying "Late October"
> It's almost mid October.

Th-they wouldn't delay it again, right?
>>
>>83276145
They say big project for their anniversary, SMT is no longer their main IP thats Persona.

So im 100% sure ATLUS will make something big Persona related to take advantage of the ocassion.

Yep its more Persona.
>>
File: 1380931025874.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1380931025874.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>>83275653
>Atlus will never complete the ritual to summon Kaneko back to the human plane

don't they have mad persona dosh now? can't they afford to offer him more money?
what the fuck does Kaneko even do for a day job? there hasn't been a new jiken book out as far as I can tell.
>>
>>83276547
Doesn't he still work for atlus?
>>
File: 8850435.png (582 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
8850435.png
582 KB, 707x1000
>>83276547
I dont see why would they rehire Kaneko, ATLUS can reuse his demon designs and they probably only care about Hashino at this point.

I dont think Kaneko mesh well with current ATLUS.
>>
File: I'm a fucking tank of the Lord.jpg (13 KB, 170x215) Image search: [Google]
I'm a fucking tank of the Lord.jpg
13 KB, 170x215
>>83274854
Started Red Book, beat the story and then moved on to Black Book, but only because I can't get all the demons on one game which is driving me nuts.

The game's are pretty similar with only certain scenes and motivations being a tad different between each.

Setsuna wants to save his brother, while Mirai wants to find her father for example. Elegy likewise is an antagonist towards Mirai in Red Book, and has a smaller role in Black Book.
>>
File: Not Nyarly Contradiction.jpg (93 KB, 837x444) Image search: [Google]
Not Nyarly Contradiction.jpg
93 KB, 837x444
>>83277001
>Hasino
>Can only reuse what others have already made but slaps on a different name to make it different.
Thank God he's stuck to Persona only.
>>
>>83276606
>>83277001
shit like this is why being an smt fan seems like a dead end.
if i don't like persona, there isn't any future gratification to be had from Atlus, just re-playing past games and speculation on the deep, inconsistent, mysteries of megaten that have no answers because kaz and cozy are cockteases and megaten is a dead franchise.
>the white were right
i just come here for lewds, to tell people to make luck builds un/ironically, and in case the shitposters are funny.
i originally got into smt because smtg has a great sense of humor from time to time
>>
File: 46060112_p8.png (463 KB, 1087x975) Image search: [Google]
46060112_p8.png
463 KB, 1087x975
>>83274854
Also I forgot to mention, once your demon partner evolves into its fourth form the training centers will have a guy who will teach you Megido Fire, which is the ultimate Fire/Wind/Thunder/Light/Dark skill in the games that hits random foes eight times.

>>83275296
Not that anon, but I want to stab my eyes out looking at most of those demons, and the overuse of palette swaps.
>>
In DDS1, what should my stance towards hunt skills be?
If it's based off of strength, I'll give some skills to Heat, but should I have one on Argilla? Should I give myself something better than devour? or will I just end up not needing any of that?
>>
>>83278549
Damaging hunt skills are based off strength, but fatal hunt aren't, so get Argilla devil feast, it's guaranteed to work against frightened enemies anyway, despite the "low odds" description
>>
>>83277828
a-at least we still have break record to look forward to.

But seriously, I want to see how much longer Atlus plans to milk out Persona 4 for money. It's like milking the same cow over and over and over again.
>>
>>83278814
I didn't know there were hunt skills that didn't do damage.
Can you help me understand how stomachaches work?
>>
File: Positive Thinking.png.tiff.avi.jpg (44 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Positive Thinking.png.tiff.avi.jpg
44 KB, 400x400
>>83278882
eh, i don't care about break record.
but i've played DeSu2 on an emulator and it was alright, so can't disparage it, even if it's really pushing the line on being a persona game.

>implying Deviliser will actually be a thing
>>
>>83278487
Thanks, didn't know that.
>>
>>
>>83278882
I wouldn't complain about Persona milking if it wasn't the same cast over and over again.
>>
File: Moloch.jpg (72 KB, 550x757) Image search: [Google]
Moloch.jpg
72 KB, 550x757
>>83279578
>Melech
>>
>>83279768
That explains why Moloch is a spy for the Angels in Devil Children White Book.

>>83279423
Also for some demons you have to fuse multiple versions of the same demon into them to have them Rank Up during fusion. This applies to Red Book only as Black Book has typical fusion with fusion error.

Holy Ego for example has to be fused with a bunch of other Egos to get Holy Satan.
>>
>>83279578
>non-specific terms

damn it semitic religions, i know you want to have this idea of a monotheistic god being this big inescapable abstraction, but it just leads to shit like this>>83279768
>melech=moloch
>>
>>83280147
>>83280198
Moloch does in fact appear in the Bible as the god of the Canaanites, and God orders the jews to kill them for worshipping Moloch.
Also, the Canaanites sacrificed children to their god by throwing them in primitive ovens, so I guess it's not just "they worship someone else".

If we go by what the Bible says, Moloch can't be YHVH.
>>
>>83279306
Every time you eat a thing you can get stomache-ache. If you got it, you can't eat anything, can't get AP for that character and may even skip a turn in battle

Sorry for late reply, was jacking off
>>
>>83280614
Or it's God being a two faced asshole.

He's not the only God called El and Elohim, thought in SMT they probably are and Asherah is his ex-waifu.
>>
>>83277828
But what about deviliser though?
>>
Is anyone working on an English patch for Devil Children Red/Black, or do I have to learn the mystic script to play them?
>>
>>83280878
YHVH is supposed to be His "true" name, while most other names attributed to the Judeochristian god are mere titles, like Baal meaning "Lord" and being used for a lot of gods and mythological figures.
>>
>>83280982
Mystic script for you.
>>
>>83279743
Yeah I should have been more specific, I was meaning Persona 4.
>>
>>83281106
Still expect to see a Melech style avatar in the form of Moloch at some point.
>>
>>83280147
Thanks again. Relevant for me since I've also started with Red Book. Should I keep fusing demons I don't need with my partner? There seems to be no draw back and negotiation is (unfortunately?) a joke, so I always have a lot of demons.
>>83280982
It really isn't hard. I've started learning 魔法の言語 not too long ago (half a year, I guess) and I have no problems playing it. Also there are a lot of SMT games worth learning Japanese for.
And I'm yuropoor and glad that I don't need to hear the English voice acting for IV, which is also a great game for learning, if you don't mind adding a lot of words which you really shouldn't because of furigana.
>>
>>83282058
I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to start learning it, although I just started learning another language a few months ago.
>>
>>83282058
Under Beast Type on the wiki, it shows what level your demon will have when it evolves, unless you level them up beyond that. Fuse demons who are five levels and lower into them as well, because too high and you'll level up sooner.
>>
>>83282058
How do you learn?

I'd love to learn but I don't have any friends that want to or anything. I don't even know how to study a language alone.
>>
>>83282058
A true hell would be playing Ice Book and trying to figure out the three passwords you need, while not knowing moon.

Even putting in the names/passwords for demons in White Book was easier.
>>
File: Shadow Boafu P2EP.png (17 KB, 112x153) Image search: [Google]
Shadow Boafu P2EP.png
17 KB, 112x153
>>83279395
>Deviliser
It's Devil Riser, which is the summoning gun Devil Children use.

>>83278882
>>83277828
>>83277601
>>83277001
At least we have Imagine, which gets updated with new content in Japan.
>>
wurld of str = fujo paradise
>>
>>83284357
Not all rotten girls are into that abuse and dominating and who tops nonsense.
>>
>>83284474
yes we are
>>
>>83285115
One person does not speak for all.
>>
>>83285115
>I AM THE ENTIRE THREAD
this is what you sound like, faggot.
>>
>>83282596
Incoming blog, here's the short version:
>be serious
>you'll be faster if you don't waste time on social interactions
>read some grammar, not too much because you should be able to pick the uncomplicated stuff naturally and you can just look up the complicated stuff, which after the third time you should already comprehend
>starter vocab, going through Core2k once should be enough
>tons of reading

I'm going to university, moved out for it, stopped seeing the majority of my friends since I'm an asocial fuck, so I had a fuck ton of time in the summer break.
Started learning before summer, after very little Tae Kim I downloaded corePLUS and did it everyday until I got to 3k cards seen, then I realized that it didn't help much.
So I started reading manga with KanjiTomo (yes it wasn't really smart but I started with reading kaiji) and added every word I had to look up to an anki deck. It was pretty tedious and I gave up after a week or so.
When the semester ended I started reading aku no hana which fortunately had furigana, so I didn't have to waste a lot of time, I read a lot per day and was enjoying it even if the ending is shit, read Mari afterwards. Tried playing Persona PSP, played until Tessho, did get most of what was spoken but it took a lot of time. Then Tokyo Ghoul which doesn't have furigana either. Started playing SteinsGate which has difficult vocab, but enjoyable enough for me. Finally thought I was ready to read the stuff I was really interested in and ordered Japanese SMTIV 3DS. Played that through with best ending and no major problems, furigana was YHVHsend, I would have been fucked if it wasn't there.
Recently read Shingeki. Started reading some Franken Fan. Bought SMTI, II, If..., and Red Book/Black Book through PSN.
Before you call me out on shit taste, keep in mind that I tried reading stuff I was somewhat interested in but not that much that I would care about "ruining the experience" for being an illiterate faggot.
>>
>>83266421
Is fumi the MC's love interest or something

I keep seeing pairings of them.
>>
File: Napping isn't gay fujos.jpg (988 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Napping isn't gay fujos.jpg
988 KB, 1500x1000
Which alignment is the comfiest? I elect Law.
>>
>>83288967
Neutral
>>
>>83288967
>Law
>helping a tyrant
>>
File: 46434573_p4.png (71 KB, 600x630) Image search: [Google]
46434573_p4.png
71 KB, 600x630
>>83288967
Chaos
>>
There should be a fourth alignment.

I don't like the three we have.
>>
>>83288176
You suggest the core vocal but then say it isn't helping. I'm getting mixed messages.
>>
File: White Isabeau.png (686 KB, 897x526) Image search: [Google]
White Isabeau.png
686 KB, 897x526
>>83290246
But there is.
>>
>>83257208
SMT1 has shit sound on the PSP and Vita - really really poppy. In general it's not great for SNES emulation. GBA's better
>>
>>83290810
I downloaded corePLUS which is 25k, you won't ever need that much for the start. That's why I stopped using it. I still have it on my phone though for easy copying when I find a word which already is in there.
I suggest reading a little grammar, downloading core2k and doing that until you feel comfortable enough to start reading, which is the only thing that matters and obviously the most entertaining.
>>
>>83290841
Man I want to fuck white isabeau
>>
>>83290246
What else could there be? Angels, demons, or humans. You going to side with robot overlords?
>>
File: Yew.png (1 MB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
Yew.png
1 MB, 1280x768
Akijiro remembers nothing, Nagi knows nothing, Genri won't say anything, Akane said everything she knew, what am i supposed to do now?
>>
>>83292000
That would make a good plot
>>
>>83292312
At first the computer was used to summon demons

Then bill Gates said no Microsoft Sam, you are the demons. Then Mara was a robot
>>
>>83292194
Get good.
>>
>>83292000
What about Aliens?
>>
File: 02MightyZelenin.jpg (175 KB, 640x1145) Image search: [Google]
02MightyZelenin.jpg
175 KB, 640x1145
>>83291981
How do you feel about pillar Zelenin?
>>
File: 1411941601720.png (60 KB, 144x301) Image search: [Google]
1411941601720.png
60 KB, 144x301
>>83292194
What the fuck is up with those filters?
>>
>>83293253
I DON'T KNOW ;_; IT JUST HAPPENED AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT ;_;
halp
>>
>Raidou 3 never
>>
>>83292781
I'd tap that
>>
File: Clarion RKLM.jpg (417 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
Clarion RKLM.jpg
417 KB, 849x1200
>>83293754
It's called Raidou vs. The Lone Marebito.

Raidou defeated an alien eye that wanted to kickstart instrumentality.
>>
>>83294081
Oh don't get me wrong. I'm grateful for the comic. I'm grateful for anything. Even the cameo in the Soul Hackers port. But the Raidou games are just so fun for me, it makes me sad to think we will probably never see another one.
>>
File: 1381243701591.png (43 KB, 224x158) Image search: [Google]
1381243701591.png
43 KB, 224x158
>>83295038
>there will never be another stupid sexy hugo boss Raidou game
>>
File: Prinny and Jack.jpg (41 KB, 800x580) Image search: [Google]
Prinny and Jack.jpg
41 KB, 800x580
>>83295038
The comic ended three years, and it was 2009 that King Abaddon came out.

People are seriously making a big deal out of nothing. It's taken mainline far longer to get sequel numbered titles.
>>
>>83295524
>>
Did something happen with SMTV and Europoors again?
>>
>>83296257
The Archangels decreed that Filth is not allowed to be in Europe.
>>
>>83293702
You might want to do a clean reinstall of the emulator. Just keep your memcard files. I'm not too familiar with the emulator, so hopefully that helps.
>>
Do you think /smtg/ will get a surge in activity once SMT IV hits europe? That ought to be nice.
>>
File: 1403308124833.png (13 KB, 114x159) Image search: [Google]
1403308124833.png
13 KB, 114x159
>>83297787
>once SMT IV hits europe
>>
>>83297571
I'll try, thanks man.
>>
>>83297787
you mean when persona 5 gets released and people come here trying to escape from /pg/
>>
SMTIV has an okay intro, then it gets great, then it tapers off around Infernal Tokyo.

Thoughts?
>>
>>83298835
Are you saying you disliked Infernal Tokyo? It showed off how great Chaos endings are.
>>
>>83299273
I liked it.

Far better than the crappy world of Law the angels fashioned.
>>
>>83299273
Not at all, just that the game started to get less impressive around that time.
>>
File: tumblr_mfv5wlh9MO1r2x5qto2_1280.png (310 KB, 550x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfv5wlh9MO1r2x5qto2_1280.png
310 KB, 550x600
>>83299273
I fucking hated King Kenji's guts. Especially his battle.
ESPECIALLY THAT FUCKING TRICK OF HIS, FUCK THAT TRAP BULLSHIT!
Don't get me wrong, I like the originality behind what he does, but it's serious BS. At least you can recover from it if you don't get BTFO outright.
>>
>>83299769
>falling for Kenji's obvious trap
>>
>>83299848
I only did it once to see what would happen.

The results were very unexpected.
Understatement.
>>
File: 500px-Kenji_SMTIV_Full_Artwork.jpg (53 KB, 500x621) Image search: [Google]
500px-Kenji_SMTIV_Full_Artwork.jpg
53 KB, 500x621
>>83299769
>Falling for shit like this
That was one of the best parts.
>>
File: The worst way.png (1017 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
The worst way.png
1017 KB, 1280x768
>>83297571
I fixed it anon.
>>
>>83295861
he is wasting mag
>>
>>83299848
How was I suppose to know that he was going to attack me?

And that fucking attack that gives you five status effects at once.
>>
>>83300051
>He didn't get cracked and bust apart like literally every boss before him
>Battle is still going
>"Oh, he must be dead"

You have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
>>83299998
L-lewd.

>>83300051
>5 status effects at once
That sorta evil BS is Vanity tier. Disaster Cycle tier.

>>83300024
WHAT THE--
MAGNETITE IS REAL?!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetite
>>
File: 38675246.jpg (211 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
38675246.jpg
211 KB, 707x1000
>>83299769
It's your fault for dying. He wouldn't have become a Demonoid if you didn't save his life in the past.
>>
>>83300164
>>He didn't get cracked and bust apart like literally every boss before him
>What is Dullahan
Fuck you m8
>>
>Tfw you will never have a cute nourisherfu
>>
File: ....png (478 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
....png
478 KB, 1280x768
>You will never give Nagi a warm hug and pet her.
>>
Any US people willing to buy a eshop card for a poorfag

I need the SMTIV DLC
>>
>>83300251
>mag
huh. interesting.

i don't get the occult connection, aside from pure speculation.
>demons/spirits/etc have energy of some sort no matter how they exist
>that energy has fields that bleed into the electromagnetic spectrum
>magnetite can align to that field, helping stabilize a physical form
etc
>>
http://en.inkei.net/vagina/a/Hero!Law_Hero!20141013

Proof that Law bois are fags
>>
>>83299769
Preach, anon
>>
>>83300251
>These organisms range from bacteria (e.g., Magnetospirillum magnetotacticum) to animals, where these crystals are found in the brain
And here I was about to say that it is clearly not the same Magnetite since SMT Magnetite comes mainly from human brains.
>>
>>83301634
>vagina
>not colon

>>>gb2/sj/
>>
>>83301634
>Ecstasy of Hero : 0 times
>Ecstasy of Law Hero : 0 times
Seems pretty straight to me
>>
Secret alternate ending for the neutral route

http://en.inkei.net/vagina/a/Flynn!Isabeau!20141013
>>
>>83301634
WURLD OF STR
http://en.inkei.net/anus/Chaos_hero
>>
http://en.inkei.net/Kaneko!Soejima
Soejima a shit
>>
How do I do the Citadel without wanting to kill myself in DDS?
>>
>>83302273
>Ecstasy of Flynn : 0 times
>Ecstasy of Isabeau : 7 times
Sounds about right
>>
>>83302316
http://en.inkei.net/anus/Chaos_hero!Law_Hero!Hero!You
>>83302273
Isabeau: 7 times
Flynn: 0 times
huehue hue hue hue hue
>>
>>83303002

Run away from every encounter, that's what I did anyways.
>>
>>83303304
I don't want to be underleveled, but my sanity matters more.

A more pressing question is how can I see my buff/debuff status in battle?
>>
>the tenkai fight in SMTIV

jesus fuck WHY DO YOU TAKE NO DAMAGE FROM ANYTHING

do i have to go back and get megido on me and my demons or some shit
>>
>>83303506

Trust me dude, the boss fights are not an issue, the random encounters are the most difficult part of DDS. If you can make it through one random encounter in that hellhole, you can beat any boss no problem.
>>
>>83303965
but that nigga was easy lol
>>
>>83304137
not when double megido kills your party
>>
>>83304645
r u buffing
>>
>>83304698
i've got two demons with tarukaja and three with concentrate, so i'm throwing out 3x tarukaja concentrate agilao's like nobody's business

they do like 100 damage

he has 3k hp
>>
>>83304957
welp i beat him

dekaja is a good spell
>>
Think of a SMT game.

got it?

every character is now replace with spongebob characters. Does it fit? Who's who?
>>
>>83306420
>imagine
>everyone spams I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready
>>
File: Gale1b.png (173 KB, 570x319) Image search: [Google]
Gale1b.png
173 KB, 570x319
>>83306420
what is a "sponge bob"?
>>
>>83306420
SJ
MC is spongebob
Sandy is Zelenin
Patrick is Jiminez
That Crab is Gore
The Octopus is Louisa Ferre
>>
>>83306420
SMTIV

flynnbob, squidathan, waltrick, and there's no good way to merge "isabeau" with "sandy cheeks" so i'm not even going to try

with mr krabs as hugo and plankton as lucifer
>>
File: 29889523dollars.png (278 KB, 552x339) Image search: [Google]
29889523dollars.png
278 KB, 552x339
>>83306762
>>83306718
All my money.
Take it.

TAKE IT NOW!
>>
File: char_30105.jpg (20 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_30105.jpg
20 KB, 210x240
>>83306762
Kevin as Navarre
>>
>>83306420
>Demi Sponge

Artfags please
>>
Squidward smells
>>
>>83309880
Good.
>>
>>83309880
Bad.
>>
>>83275653
Persona 4:the Golden Girls
>>
>>83278882
The cow has died long ago. They also used up all the meat they got from the carcass and now they are trying to get as much marrow from the bones as possible.
>>
>>83311681
>not using the bones to make soup
>>
>>83309880
NEUTRAL
>>
>>83306762
Mr Krabs would make a much better K
>>
>>83312705
nah, he'd definitely be sending flynnbob into tokyo to get him relics
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 400x240
>>83312780
Their personalities dont fit
Plus K already looks like mr Krabs
>>
>>83313401
What? Hugo is a greedy bastard who wants more and more relics to satisfy his lust for knowledge, much like Krabs hungers for money.

K is a honorable man who is also a pretty kind fella and not greedy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3wS7QEwUbs
>>
>>83313835
Also, K was the head samurai before Hope and was considered a hardass. The only quest he gives is him asking for a fridge.
>>
>>83276526
We can just pray, dear anon.
>>
>>83279578
>ABBA
>Daddy
Disco YHVH pls
>>
>>83276526

You'll get Break Record sooner than SMTIV at this rate.
>>
File: terminator.jpg (628 KB, 1896x2668) Image search: [Google]
terminator.jpg
628 KB, 1896x2668
Now that I've finished Kyuuyaku, I can say 100% sure that MT2 is way superior to MT1.
And I can even say that is better than SMT1
>>
>>83314736
YOU ARE THE DNCNG QN
>>
Kyle - Law
Cartman - Chaos
Kenny - Neutral
>>
>>83314771
At this rate we will get If... translation earlier!
>>
>>83315185
Good, Kyle and Stan always were my favorites, suits a lawfag like me.
>>
>>83315082
What about SMT2?
>>
>>83315185
kenny is chaos, always says what he wants and doesn't give a shit what anyone else thinks

cartman is white because he's a whiny bitch who can't pick a side

stan is neutral

randy is true demon ending because he is the best
>>
>>83315315
MT2 and SMT2 had the same problem, those damned pillars.
>>
>>83315371
Cartman is Satan though, he's chaos.

Kenny can be White Issachar though.
>>
>>83315371
Kenny is the best.

And he does what he wants because he knows he'll get killed off sooner or later and reality will make everyone believe he leave/fled.
>>
File: east_texas.jpg (2 MB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
east_texas.jpg
2 MB, 2272x1704
>>83315713
>Cartman is Satan though, he's chaos.

>Satan
>Chaos
>>
File: 1412619946596.jpg (166 KB, 500x735) Image search: [Google]
1412619946596.jpg
166 KB, 500x735
>>83315713
>satan
>chaos

so p4g was your first smt huh
>>
>>83315892
Is this a lawfag?
>>
Can we just pretend that all the untranslated games will one day see a translation patch?
I've been waiting so long for IF it's not funny
>>
>>83315892
>>83315978
I wasn't talking about SMT Satan, I meant the Satan people bring him out to be today.
>>
>>83316335
Satan =/= Lucifer

fucking philistines.
>>
>>83316335
Even in that context it is easier to just say Lucifer here
>>
>>83316335
This is /smtg/. You should know better than to assume Satan = Lucifer here.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.