[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/twg/ - Total War General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 175
File: 1468277757783.jpg (267 KB, 561x876) Image search: [Google]
1468277757783.jpg
267 KB, 561x876
Necromancy edition

>Patch notes
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1

>FAQs & General Info
http://pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Steam Groups
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

old thread: >>148098318
>>
First for DAWI
>>
NO

SLEEP

TILL BEASTMEN
>>
>>148181628
>I just ended up quitting because at turn 80 even with 100,000 in bank, I couldn't afford to have a second army of basic chaos warriors alongside my high tier army
are you stupid? You can afford 5 armies with that. This is chaos my man, not a civilization. who cares if you lose money every turn. with 100k in the bank you can afford it and just sack cities to keep your money up.
I'm loosing 3k every turn and I've destroyed kislev and united Norsca under me with 3 Chaos hordes and working on a 4th now.

>Holy shit does chaos need an ambush stance
agreed. but idk if lore wise Chaos would be patient enough to ambush.
also use chaos sorcerers to block enemy armies so you can catch them

>I do not think Chaos should start off at war with the Empire
eeeh hm maybee shouldn't start at war but I think as soon as you invade Kislev the Empire should get involved. That's what they do in the lore cuz if Kislev falls, the Empire is next
>>
Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?
>>
File: 20160711143947_1.jpg (58 KB, 273x341) Image search: [Google]
20160711143947_1.jpg
58 KB, 273x341
CHANGE
>>
>>148183912
go to sleep birder
>>
VAMPIRE CHAN VAMPIRE CHAN
I WANT TO KISS VAMPIRE CHAN!
>>
File: 20160711203654_1.jpg (729 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160711203654_1.jpg
729 KB, 1920x1080
Whats my best move here? I'm trying to lift a siege in hochland so I need my army somewhat in tact when I get there. How do I deal with these spam cannons without losing too many guys?
>>
>>148182207
You can sleep now
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnFtmegWYAALFfd.jpg:large
>>
>>148184814
autoresolve
>>
>>148185176
Nigga thats gay.

Auto-resolving is only ever for undefended tier 1 settlements and follow-up attacks on rekd skaeling/varg raiding parties.
>>
When are CA going to fix the Chaos campaign? This is the most frustrating thing I have ever encountered, turns and turns of cat and mouse, the AI constantly resettling territory you've claimed, agent spam, etc. I just ended up quitting because at turn 80 even with 100,000 in bank, I couldn't afford to have a second army of basic chaos warriors alongside my high tier army.

The most retarded thing was when I would attack a Kislev army, they would retreat, and I couldn't reengage them, for three turns before I just gave up. Holy shit does chaos need an ambush stance. AND FUCK me the AI would just abuse ambush even with shitty forces of like ten guys against my hordes. I could never attack them.

I do not think Chaos should start off at war with the Empire. It should be Kislev and Norsca, and then "realm divide" around when the Everwatcher shows up should be when the Empire and whomever unanimously declare war on you. Allowing you to actually push out and do whatever.

And why the fuck does the game constantly give me garbage when it gives me free agents? I end up immediately disbanding them.
>>
>>148185445
Git gud. It completely baffling how many people here have no idea how to play chaos.
>>
File: le smiling cuman.jpg (5 KB, 133x200) Image search: [Google]
le smiling cuman.jpg
5 KB, 133x200
>try out EB2
>hoplites have massive pike length spears and all wear muscle cuirass'
>all the building do shit like +5% happiness or some nothing bullshit

Have I been memed? Is there actually historical precedent for the hoplites? Is city building always shit and boring?
>>
>>148185445
Is this some sort of pasta?
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (7 KB, 323x440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
7 KB, 323x440
what is this shit, why is radious doing this
>>
>>148185445
if you aren't sacking a settlement every three turns or so you aren't playing chaos right. Also don't have a super high tier army until mid-late campaign. Marauders are more than enough until then. You need to upgrade your lords and get those upkeep reductions.
>>
File: 1467029052329.gif (2 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1467029052329.gif
2 MB, 360x240
>>148185609
>>
>>148185757
Ok this is silly but nothing that weird, Sylvania does have living auxiliary troops.
>>
>>148185757
Lore wise sylvania used to use state troop analogues.
>>
File: khorne lord2.jpg (765 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
khorne lord2.jpg
765 KB, 1920x1440
>>148185445
Sounds like Chaos isn't for you.
>>
>>148185714
>Hoplites pike length spears

Well, they should be about 8' long, you aren't by chance confusing Phalangites for Hoplites are you?

>muscle cuirass

Yeah it was still in use

What faction are you playing?

>buildings

There's a whole bunch of problems there, I'd read through the forum if you are confused. Some problems include building bonuses not showing up in the building viewer, certain colony buildings only show up in the viewer when you have the colony points to build them and disappear when you use up all the colony points

What specifically is your building issue? Temples?
>>
>>148185757
That's the most acceptable radious unit so far

I-is Radious going sane? What could dispel such corruption?
>>
>>148186290
Just wait until he makes the Sylvanian Reikguard(pistolers)
>>
File: ATrueReiksmarshal.jpg (25 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
ATrueReiksmarshal.jpg
25 KB, 229x220
>Ally with Talabecland near the beginning of my Empire campaign
>He remains loyal and faithful throughout
>He never calls me into any bullshit wars
>When the time comes, we defeat Chaos together
>Even during the Age of Peace, he remains a stalwart and resolute ally, helping me crush a rebellion by the treacherous Ostermarkians
>By this point he controls the eastern half of the Empire
>Know that this will end in war
>It doesn't
>He peacefully confederates

Why is Helmut Feuerbach such a bro /twg/?
>>
>>148184814
Just lost half my army finishing off those stupid cannons. Is there no strategy to beat them if you don't have flying units?
>>
>>148185035
I really hope so anon. I'm immune to caffeine these days with the 3 pots of black french roast
>>
>>148186473

>Allying with Taalabecland

It's like you're asking to be dragged into meaningless wars. Taalabecland is for exploiting for money early game.

Wissenland is the true ally. Shame their Countess is a nutter, but the guy who actually does all the work is pretty cool.
>>
What the fug does Karl say to the Vampire Counts if he's friendly to them?
>>
Why the fuck do characters becomes retarded with their pathfinding once you stick them on a flying mount.

Trying to get Karl to kill anyone once he's on Deathclaw is a pain. Almost every fight with an enemy lord goes as follows:

>fly around for a bit
>miss the charge so run around on the ground for a bit
>fly back into the air
>hit the enemy general
>send them flying for tens of metres, but do no damage
>charge at them and run into them for a good hundred metres
>finally realise they're in attack range and do a single attack
>whether it hits or misses, take into the air and repeat from scratch

This shit is getting old.
>>
>>148187253

>You are not welcome in my court, yet here you stand. Friend or Foe, we shall see.
>>
What can I turn down to make my game run better?
>>
>>148187648
Anti-aliasing, it is the biggest system hog out of everything.
>>
>>148186659
Artillery in modern TW games is more accurate than current day laser guided missiles

Take one unit of cav out in their range, run in one direction. When they shoot, immediately run in the opposite direction. A bit more difficult with more cannons, but still possible. You can literally run in a square, turning 90 degrees every time a salvo is fired.

Repeat until they are out of ammo.
>>
>>148184814

Just ignore their entire army and use your demis to rush their hellcannons.

You really need artillery of your own to force them to attack you.

You could also autoresolve.

I normally have a flying general for the late game to deal with artillery before it becomes an issue.
>>
>>148187589
Kinda boring but reasonable. I like Mannfred's friendly voicelines to the human factions, they're all very conniving.
>>
>>148187773
Well hellcannon is literally guided
>>
>>148188242

If I recall, Karl's a little friendlier to the generic Vampire Counts. Probably because they aren't quite as chronic with their backstabbing as Mannfred is.
>>
I'm looking at the Napoleon Order Of War mod for NTW. What are the pros and cons compared to Darthmod? I didn't see any info for it in the FAQ, and LME crashes when I launch it.
>>
>>148185445
see>>148182636
>>
I could watch this all day. Skeletons are the fucking coolest and I'm glad CA gave them different animations that all the human or even zombie units.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7PSSvNGn5o
>>
What sort of relations will Beastmen and Warriors of Chaos have?
>>
If a Vargheist get shot by a warpstone bullet, would it get stronger?
>>
>>148191285
the kind where tips touch
not balls though so it's ok
>>
Just got the age of peace at turn 135 on my first ever campaign. Is that early? I only fought one battle against chaos in my entire campaign. I'm allies with like 10 other factions and once the chaos invasion happened stacks on stacks of dwarfs and brets were rolling into the waste to fight them. I was also allied with every other Empire faction so ostland, nordland, and hochland were a big help. All in all though it didn't feel like the "end times" I kinda feel gypped.
>>
>>148191509
Do they go [TOO LEWD] holding hand-in-hand?
>>
File: image.jpg (236 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236 KB, 1440x900
G O B L I N S
>>
File: norsca.jpg (36 KB, 273x342) Image search: [Google]
norsca.jpg
36 KB, 273x342
>>148191928
CEASE
>>
>>148192480
Felman Ingersson a cute
>>
File: taurox.jpg (178 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
taurox.jpg
178 KB, 1024x683
>>148191285
They serve the same gods and do cooperate in order to do so. They have the same enemies and the same goal. The kicker is that the human worshipers get much more attention from the gods compared to the Beastmen.

This is due to the Dark Gods do not have to do much in order to keep the beastmen in line. On a scale from chaos spawn to Tzeentch sorcerer, Beastmen are pretty easily controlled due to their innate being (a direct product of chaos influence). Human servants do need the carrot presented to keep the gears moving.

Extraordinary beastmen do receive gifts in return for their deeds and there are beastmen who do devote to one god (common among doombulls, like our buddy pic related).
>>
Why are there a bunch of different magic lore sorcerers for WoC but I can't get a necromancer with lore of death in VC?
>>
>>148193126
I meant, in game, will Chaos and Beastmen be able to confederate? Will Chaos Corruption raise Beastmen armies? Will Archaon's invasion raise Beastmen armies from the Chaos Wastes?

Khazrak and Archaon were friendly, so it's a given that Beastmen should have to aid Archaon bring the End Times in their campaign objectives, so it'd be weird if you cannot join their armies.

Plus mixing up Beastmen and Warrios means we could mix Daemons up too when they are added, and thus recreate Hordes of Chaos.
>>
File: Letter.jpg (230 KB, 884x884) Image search: [Google]
Letter.jpg
230 KB, 884x884
What does this mean? Beastmen? Skaven? Elves? A small underwhelming DLC?
>>
>>148194005
If it isn't beastmen dlc it must be a new Huntsmarshal hero for the empire
>>
You guys think CA will maek Norsca playable?

I think they will a long time from now.after the other factions are done
>>
>>148195139
Insta-DLC, effortless shekels?
>>
>>148195263
yeah I mean they have the voices.
they have experience with merchant tier viking DLC from Attila
they have the legendary lords already in the game (at least I think so)
all they need is some more units, GW might even let them make some up for Norsca.

I'd buy it proabably. would be great to raid around with norscan tribes all over the world and maybe comlete mini quest to unlock mutations for your heroes or gain chaos demonic units from the gods
>>
would TW: Warhammer be better if they added a Pontus faction to it?
>>
File: 1468088525651.jpg (313 KB, 819x566) Image search: [Google]
1468088525651.jpg
313 KB, 819x566
>>148195493
But I don't wanna play as Pontus...

Of course it'll much better.
>>
>>148195493
everything's better with Pontus
>>
what fucking battle difficulty do you fags play at in these games? obviously campaign difficulty is a matter of personal choice. but there seem to be not good options for battle difficulty. Normal mode is too easy, but losing a battle on hard mode or very hard more just feels hollow because you know the AI won by cheating.

am I supposed to suck it up and play on hard mode, knowing full well that the AI doesn't deserve its victories? or am I supposed to make intentionally bad decisions on normal mode? how do I challenge myself?
>>
>>148196365
just limit yourself
give the enemy way more troops and play on normal if you can't git gud
>>
>>148196365
for comfy games I usually play VH campaign Hard battle

For DEI Rome 2 I play VH campaign Normal

my most common campaigns are VH/VH however
>>
File: PontusIsTheBest.png (1 MB, 801x742) Image search: [Google]
PontusIsTheBest.png
1 MB, 801x742
>>148195493
How would Pontus fare against TWW factions?
>>
>>148193358
>Will Chaos Corruption raise Beastmen armies?

God, I hope so.
16% corruption in a province = 16% (per turn) chance of getting a stack of bestmen in your face ...
6 provinces like that = 100% chance of 1 bestmen stack per turn = *fun* for everybody!
>>
>>148198909
That isn't how probabilities work.
>>
>>148193358
>confederate
no

>Corruption based armies
no, hordes are hordes, population surplus and favor

>Beastmen armies in the Archaon storm
maybe, there are a lot of beastmen up there, could easily slip an allied faction of them for the invasion

>Beastmen/WoC cooperation
The game probably won't force you to help WoC but you damn well should be able to, but as allies, its like 2 nations with similar cultures hhelping each other out

>Hordes of Chaos
They split those factions a long time ago. While there are chaos units in Beastmen (giants, warhounds, spawn, etc.) they are still the beastmen, the human WoC are themselves

>Daemons
They already have daemon leaders for WoC instead of being their own faction. Wouldn't mind seeing daemons supplement Beasties or WoC rather than be on their own. Hostile daemon hordes spawning in high corruption areas would be cool by themselves to fuck up everyone's shit at random.
>>
>>148199661

Of course it is.
Now, if it were the case of IF one doesn't THEN the other might - I'd say you're right.

But this is a straight-up 6-roll (so to speak) - so you can get anywhere from 0 - to up to 6 (continuing the example) bestmen stacks.

As I said - *fun*!
>>
>>148200121
We've had confirmation that CA intend for all sixteen army books to be implemented eventually, so that means Daemons of Chaos will be their own faction, as will Chaos Dwarfs.
>>
>>148200339
>sixteen army books

Empire, Brettonia, Dwarfs, Orcs & Goblins, Warriors of Chaos, Daemons of Chaos, Beastmen, Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings, Skaven, Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms, High Elves, Dark Elves, and Wood Elves are the core fifteen GW army books. The sixteen figure most likely includes Chaos Dwarfs, as they had a Forgeworld supplement a few years back.
>>
The map is pretty claustrophobic in my opinion at the moment. It feels so much smaller compared to other TW titles, as if it is a third of the size it should be, especially given half the settlements are uninhabitable for a given race.
>>
>>148200339
>>148200532
I understand that, but daemons by themselves just isn't as appealing to me as having them supplement chaos forces (like they do in WoC anyway...)
>>
File: DSCF0383.jpg~original.jpg (57 KB, 486x331) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0383.jpg~original.jpg
57 KB, 486x331
where muh female dorfs at
>>
>>148201151
So? That doesn't matter. On the tabletop they're a distinct faction with their own rules and army book, so CA will do the same thing in-game. Probably with some kind of summoning mechanic to travel around the map at will to areas of high chaos corruption.

I think it'll be neat. Beastmen taint the Old World, slowly increasing the levels of corruption. Warriors of Chaos ebb and flow like the tide, pushing south and then receding back to the north at random. And Chaos Daemons appear whenever either faction is particularly successful to really turn up the hurt.
>>
File: 1467277410071.png (12 KB, 246x200) Image search: [Google]
1467277410071.png
12 KB, 246x200
>>148201267
nice joke
>>
>>148201056
Agreed, when places like Kislev have seven settlements and places like Stirland have one and the moot you know the scale is all messed up.

Hoping they do a more detailed old world map in a campaign dlc.
>>
>>148201560
Fair enough. When beastmen are added it should open up quite a dynamic in the campaigns for most factions.

Every single human faction will now have Beastmen prodding and poking around fucking things up. As a horde they may even have a respawn event.

For chaos its a potential bro that isn't incompetent Norscans or almost dead Greenskins trying to save themselves in an alliance with you.

Orcs might every once in a while have a raiding army get ambushed but along with dwarfs probably they won't feel their impact as much.
>>
>>148201056
There's nothing wrong with that. Why would a humab live underground in a dwarf hold and visa versa? You could always get a mod to satisfy your retarded map painting craving.
>>
>>148206026

You're right, there isn't.

I didn't intend to imply I had anything against the un-settlable provinces. I think it's fine.

I just mean to say that given there are such provinces, the map feels smaller.
>>
>>148206306
Wait for the expansions.
>>
>>148206026

>Trying to defend a decision that was made purely for game balance reasons with in-world logic

Just stop

Regional occupation restrictions were a good idea and make the game more fun, but it does not and never will make sense within the logic of the setting.
>>
>>148207386
>i don't know what I'm talking about
>>
File: Beastmen.jpg (79 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
Beastmen.jpg
79 KB, 873x627
>Khazrak One-Eye vs Boris Todbringer mini campaign
ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR THURSDAY? it's going to be the announcement and a release date I guess
>>
>>148197901
they would slaughter fantasy fucking shits, noone in TWW even has pikes
>>
>>148208038
The real question is if the entire WHFB universe plus all the armies of the classical age combined went up against a platoon of abrams, who would come up on top?
>>
File: 1397479797139.jpg (17 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1397479797139.jpg
17 KB, 200x200
>>148208038
http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Leopold's_Leopard_Company
>>
>>148207618

The Badlands were literally a giant human empire before the orcs moved in you mongoloid, there is zero in-world reason they couldn't live there.
>>
>>148208223
Warhammer side because Purple Fun Exists
>>
>>148208403
The abrams has NBC protection.
>>
>>148208223

Magic wins 'cus magic
>>
>>148208223
>Abrams Platoon reigns supreme on the battlefield
>Honeywell Turbine guzzles gas like no end
> Gas runs dry, Abrams turned into glorified pillboxes
> No tanker to refuel
> No ammo depot

Lawd, this is /twg/ yet nobody thinks of logistics.
>>
Are there any good mods out for TWW yet? I haven't played the game since the 2nd, because frankly. Well, there's not much replayability for me right now aside from making webms.
>>
>>148208370
I said TWW, as in TOTAL WAR warhammer, so far there are no pikes in it

>>148208223
Khorne
>>
>>148209287

If you haven't played with Molay's Spells and Artifacts then you should, the game becomes a lot more fun when magic is actually usable.
>>
File: 14372358.png (657 KB, 670x690) Image search: [Google]
14372358.png
657 KB, 670x690
>>148186803
Ah, Wissenland, the glorified outskirts of a city full of fops, and ever Reikland's lapdog.
>>
File: Beastmen_Gors.png (864 KB, 512x640) Image search: [Google]
Beastmen_Gors.png
864 KB, 512x640
>ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT UNTIL BEASTMEN ANNOUNCEMENT
>>
>>148207863
I REALLY HOPE SO

In before it's just a hero for the empire

Or worse Its nothing
>>
File: Removedruchii.jpg (669 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Removedruchii.jpg
669 KB, 1920x1080
So the initial invasion went well, took 2 cities + capital but I only brought one and a half stacks and the infantry of the Druchii is stronger than you would expect, not sure if I can hold this hellhole.
>>
>>148209228
Name one total war game that has logistics involved.
>>
>>148209228
To be fair it's hardly like these games support thinking about logistics.

I wish they would though, could solve some problems.
>>
>>148209287
Try Radious.
>>
>>148210313
How would you suggest they do that?
>>
File: Beastmen_Leadership.png (1 MB, 574x804) Image search: [Google]
Beastmen_Leadership.png
1 MB, 574x804
>>148210120
>Its nothing
Since there's the teaser I'm 99,9% sure it will be something, although it being only a empire hero would be disappointing.

I NEED MY SLAUGHTER, RAPE AND DEFECATION FIX
>>
>>148210562
You can play greenskins. You'd still be missing the rape but there are other games for that.
>>
>>148210884
Don't you understand? We have to have them all together, at the same time.
>>
File: KingLoser.jpg (585 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
KingLoser.jpg
585 KB, 1920x1080
What is it with the Bret king and Norsca? Every game I've played he runs up there whenever he starts to run low on settlements. I just don't understand.
>>
>>148211437
Deus Vult, that's what.
>>
>>148210415
I wouldn't have a clue I'm not a game designer.

Would just be cool if you had to worry about supply lines. and keeping your boarders secure
>>
>>148210884
>tfw no proper game where you are a big ugly green monster with a huge dick that kills and defecate all over men while raping their wives
>>
>>148210884
But Beastmen are BEAST and MEN.
Greenskins are just GREEN and have SKINS.

I NEED POO AND PEE
>>
>>148211575
It wouldn't be hard to keep a brigade of less than 2000 men supplied off the land.
>>
>>148210562
Well less "Nothing" and more "Nothing that's actual content to the game"

But yeah, I really do hope it's Beastmen. Would be interesting to see how campaigns roll with them up everyones backdoor.
>>
File: Medieval feels.jpg (128 KB, 596x641) Image search: [Google]
Medieval feels.jpg
128 KB, 596x641
>>148209287
>you could've stayed home and baked and ignored the call of duty fuck the elector cunts
>>
File: 1390392829607.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1390392829607.gif
2 MB, 480x360
New to total war here

Do Lords that die in battle not respawn eventually in my Lord pool? I just lost a level 30 chaos dude.
>>
>>148212784
I think there is a chance for those guys to survive but normally they are gone forever.
>>
>>148210562

It's 100% going to be an empire hero as freelc, but there's a chance of having a separate paid dlc like with the blood knights/blood pack. Although I honestly doubt we're getting another whole faction this early.
>>
>>148212784
Sorry man hes going to be gone unless you reload a save.

It's only the legendary lords that will keep coming back.
>>
>>148213214
>>148212918

fug

Rip in piss Bubonicus ;_;7
>>
>>148212784

They can be wounded and bought back in a few turns instead of outright killed, I have no idea what makes the game decide which happens though.
>>
>>148213193
I'm sure too that it's going to be an Empire hero but maybe in combination with Beastmen and the next patch in 2 or 3 weeks.
>>
>>148213269
at least you're not a savescummer. props
>>
>>148213770
I thought he would come back, it's too late to re roll my save now, fuck
>>
Do people actually think there's going to be DLC that expands the map and adds in all these factions?

Its totally going to be Age of Charlemagne/Last Roman shit where they take a piece of the map and add a few factions to it with maybe some existing units to the one faction thats from the base game.

Which is a fucking shame because Warhammer Total War gets fucking dull super quickly when there's only one siege map per faction, and all the units are pretty much the same.
>>
>>148214398

They already said that there will be expansions to the main map as well as scenarios.
>>
So I was playing as Dwarves against an Ork army. The Orks, led by Azhag, had 16 Rock Throwers, and 3 miscellaneous Ork units. I had an army of mixed Longbeards, Warriors, Miners, Quarrelers, and 4 Gyrocopters.

I basically got my shit pushed in because all my infantry got shelled to oblivion charging the Ork lines. Aside from having my Gyrocopters slowly work their way through the Ork siege, is there another strategy that would've worked better against this army? Like, could I make my Infantry formations 1-unit thick and minimize losses from rocks while they charge?
>>
>VC, manage to somehow pull the Red Eye and Bloody Spears into alliances
>help them wipe out Karak Kadrin, and Zhufbar so they thrive
>Grimgor confederating like a mad cunt, but they never join him
>wipe out a fairly large part of his turf, mainly the coast and Death Pass
>Army of Savage Orcs spawn, ally them too
>Chaos shows up
>My Mannfred/Kemmler doomstacks face off against Archaon, Sigvald, Kholek, and the Everwatcher
>supported by a Bloody Spears and Savage Orc stack
>Age of Peace

Orcs are the best allies.
>>
>>148214608

Your morale should drag you through the catapult fire, but yeah, make your lines as long as possible and space out your units, may be worth sending your Gyrocpoters in first and have them weave a bit in the hopes they get the aggro and avoid like 90% of the rocks.
>>
>>148214608
>The Orks, led by Azhag, had 16 Rock Throwers
Azhag is a tactical genius, stunties btfo

couldn't you just send the gyros in to rout his artillery
>>
>>148214646

I think all those tribes you listed have the vampire influence trait as well, pretty cool tbqh.
>>
>>148214608
>16 Rock Throwers
Just spaghetti this shit up
>>
>>148214692
>>148214694
I did at first, and they broke a couple of units, but I had to give the computer back to my brother so I had to rush and fight the battle. He bought TWH, not me.

But Azhag had already attacked one city and the garrison was basically wiped out by his artillery while they were fighting him and his Big 'Uns. So I wanted to see if there was a counter for that if I hadn't had Gyros. Because my Dwarf economy has been suffering and I didn't get Gyros until just two turns before this battle took place.
>>
>>148214916
Spaghetti?
>>
File: best mummyfu.jpg (294 KB, 762x1085) Image search: [Google]
best mummyfu.jpg
294 KB, 762x1085
>>148184442
Better do it while you still can then
>>
>>148214398
Look at the fucking map in-game, there's still so much space south, east and west
>>
File: who is weak now faggot.jpg (79 KB, 800x463) Image search: [Google]
who is weak now faggot.jpg
79 KB, 800x463
>>148214694
>Azhag
>Tactical genius

Your lore-fu is weak, anon.
>>
>>148214997
Spaghetti lines
Basically make the line as long as possible, ranged units always aim for the center so they'll cause less damage since they'll be hitting a couple of units at best
>>
>>148214469
CA says a lot of shit.
>>
>>148215248
What space

You mean the space that every Total War map has?
>China and North America confirmed for Attila!
>>
>>148215279
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I figured that might be the only way to do it after I thought about it. But doesn't that leave you vulnerable to the non-artillery later on?
>>
>>148215593

Not when there's so little of it
>>
File: 1394607191975.jpg (227 KB, 1600x1120) Image search: [Google]
1394607191975.jpg
227 KB, 1600x1120
>>148215106
SIGMAR FORBIDS THIS
>>
File: so_much_hidden_land.png (4 MB, 2044x1408) Image search: [Google]
so_much_hidden_land.png
4 MB, 2044x1408
>>148215540
>what is the in-game map
Are you retarded on purpose?
>>
>>148215540
>Ignoring Tomb Kings to the South
>Ignoring Elves to the West
>Ignoring Bretonnia
>Ignoring the Ogre Kingdoms
>>
File: image.jpg (328 KB, 548x1340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
328 KB, 548x1340
>>148215106
Good taste
>>
>>148215883
where are the ogre kingdoms?
>>
>>148216148

They're to the east, past the dwarf mountains
>>
File: Tomb Kings still not announced.gif (355 KB, 250x183) Image search: [Google]
Tomb Kings still not announced.gif
355 KB, 250x183
> Tomb Kings still not announced
>>
>>148216182
thanks

i've read that there's some ogres on albion aswell, is that a thing?
>>
>>148216182
And past the CHAOS DWARF mountains.
>>
File: 1422381240487.jpg (59 KB, 732x628) Image search: [Google]
1422381240487.jpg
59 KB, 732x628
>>148216274
>>
>>148216275
Giants maybe.
>>
File: 1467297199652.png (290 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
1467297199652.png
290 KB, 600x615
>>148216274
>>
File: queen_khalida.jpg (135 KB, 705x1132) Image search: [Google]
queen_khalida.jpg
135 KB, 705x1132
>>148215106
best vampire slaying waifu
>>
>>148215861
How are they going to squeeze in both Ulthuan and Naggaroth/Lustria on the left?

>img size
Why nigger?
>>
>>148217646

I imagine they would just expand the map itself.
>>
>>148216635
BY SIGMAR - NO
>>
File: 1460460265666.jpg (205 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1460460265666.jpg
205 KB, 720x960
>>148217646
>>148217727
are you fucking retarded? there are a leaked expansion map already
>>
File: map.png (398 KB, 604x494) Image search: [Google]
map.png
398 KB, 604x494
>>148217646
I guess like the datamined map we know for 3 weeks or so?
>>
>>148217646

In empire if you were at Europe and scrolled to the right you would get past Persia and reach India, this was seamless like attila Although the map changed at somepoint. You had to choose the americas map manualy since the mini-map "ended" a bit left of europe and you had to place your ships to a gate of sorts.Same with the trade points. What makes me wonder is that the 2 next full games are supposed to be playable on their own, I wonder how they're going to make them feel complete and since all the theoretical maps I've seen seem rather awkward to use alone
>>
>>148217646
>img size
Are you actually having problems opening a 3,5 MB pic?

>>148217943
I think the whole map will be available even in the expansions but you can only play the expansion races (and dlc races)
>>
>>148217943
I'm really curious on the compatibility issue.
I'm interested in a more robust multiplayer and if the game is segmented 3 ways + DLC i wonder how that will all tie together.
>>
what if the first expansion adds naggaroth lustria AND the dark lands, while the second expansion focuses on chaos and the chaos wastes?
>>
>>148218156
I'd have no problem with that but don't think that's going to happen (even though the russian datamine indicates that your idea could be true)
>>
>>148218321

I mean, I'm just thinking of how they could justify selling people a "L" shaped expansion, considering they said its supposed to be stand-alone as well
>>
>>148194005
My guess is, we are getting Markus Wulfhart as a new LL + beastemen race DLC pack. I know it's pretty generous, but hear me out.

It's clear that letter tells us about beastmen raid, but i don't think they would've mentioned Huntsmarshall if they don't plan on adding him eventually.

If they add Markus, it would be a perfect time to add Empire huntsmen as a regular unit to the Empire roster, with Wulfhart's Hunters being upgraded version of them (they talked about regiments of renown in their DLC blog, how they will be just upgraded versions of existing units with recrutement limit).

If Markus is indeed a LL and not a Hero unit, he would need quest battles. It would feel wrong if those battles won't be against beastmen, he is a Huntsmarshall after all, he hunts beasts.

I know it sounds like wishful thinking, but i think we are getting both Markus and Beastmen, or at least Beastmen alone, beacuse having Markus without some raping goats would feel wrong. Beastmen need their own Lore of magic, so it coincides with Future Content blog, with Empire Hero being next in line (And it would be Amber Wizard with lore of Beasts).
>>
File: xMSnkcG.jpg (41 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
xMSnkcG.jpg
41 KB, 479x720
>>148217851
>>
>>148219339
You look like you're fucking retarded
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-06-05-20h06m17s162.png (165 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-06-05-20h06m17s162.png
165 KB, 500x499
>>148219481
>implying
>>
>>148219572
yes
>>
File: 1460507429166.jpg (200 KB, 900x1353) Image search: [Google]
1460507429166.jpg
200 KB, 900x1353
>best elves still not announced
>>
File: IMAGE_199.png (3 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMAGE_199.png
3 MB, 1600x1200
>>148219742
looks like you got the wrong images by accident, here's the correct one
>>
File: 1396727915519.jpg (842 KB, 827x1200) Image search: [Google]
1396727915519.jpg
842 KB, 827x1200
>>148219742
looks like you got the wrong images by accident, here's the correct one
>>
>>148219849
only you can burn down the elf forest
>>
File: average_beastman.jpg (80 KB, 426x321) Image search: [Google]
average_beastman.jpg
80 KB, 426x321
>>148219938
>RAPING QT WOOD ELF BITCHES AND TURNING ATHEL LOREN INTO A HIVE OF CHAOS INFESTATION WHEN?
>>
File: 1437238863115.png (118 KB, 764x718) Image search: [Google]
1437238863115.png
118 KB, 764x718
>>148219849
>>148219849
>>148219936

>tfw being an elf player in End Times
>>
File: bretonnia.png (351 KB, 529x337) Image search: [Google]
bretonnia.png
351 KB, 529x337
>>148219938
Don't touch ze Lady's sacred forest you filthy peasant
>>
>>148220003
>possibly 2 days until slaughtering Beastmen
Will be the best day of my life
>>
>>148220259
>2 days
what?
>>148220173
kys wood elf cuck
>>
File: BRETONNIANS HATE HIM.jpg (72 KB, 330x494) Image search: [Google]
BRETONNIANS HATE HIM.jpg
72 KB, 330x494
>>148220259

>Bretonnia
>Slaughtering anyone

Only thing they slaughter are cows and their peasantry.
>>
When do we get Knights of the White Wolf/Bull/Blazing Sun Inncer circle Knights etc?
This is ridicolous.
>>
File: Total_Shitposting_General.jpg (781 KB, 1100x1500) Image search: [Google]
Total_Shitposting_General.jpg
781 KB, 1100x1500
total shitposting general when?
>>
>>148220317
look >>148194005
>three days hence
that was yesterday and thursday is always dlc and patch day
>>
Brexit was a mistake and anyone who voted for it was bamboozled by Nigel Farage into thinking they could stop muh brown people.
>>148220445
Now
>>
>>148220345
Madmen say nothing of worth, and dead men say nothing at all.

So shut your face Leitdorf.
>>
>>148220518
Yeah, that's true. And now, they're all leaving all the mess to someone else to clean, and all the enterprises are leaving the UK.
>>
File: laughing_elf_whores.jpg (101 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
laughing_elf_whores.jpg
101 KB, 300x269
>>148220173
>>148220259
>Bretonnia
>being relevant
t. wood elf cucks
>>
Alright bros, after getting to turn 100 with the vamps, i'm taking a break. The chaos has started to invade and I just got my new high tier troops.

Since i'm drunk, I've decided to not fuck that campaign up and to go for something more laid back.
I chose a dwarf campaign for the first time. I have no idea what most of the mid/high tier shit does. For right now, i'm just using basic warriors for a meat shield with a shitload of crossbows and grudgethrowers to fuck them up from far away. It's working pretty well.

Are cannons better than grudgethrowers? What should my army comp look like for mid/late game? Like I said, i've never played the dwarfs or fought against them, so I dont know which units are good and which ones are bad. I heard gyrocopters suck, any truth to that?
>>
>>148220663
I like to mix cannons and grudge throwers, something like 2-3 or 1-2
>>
>>148220624

Still more relevant than the Tomb Keks
>>
>>148220716
Are the organ guns good? Should I use irondrakes when I get the chance?
>>
>>148220601
But atleast they got their independence* and muh better trade deals tho right?
>>
File: God-save-the-Queen.jpg (21 KB, 324x324) Image search: [Google]
God-save-the-Queen.jpg
21 KB, 324x324
>>148220601
>all the enterprises are leaving the UK
Thanks britcucks for boosting EU's economy :^)
>>
>>148220663
>I heard gyrocopters suck, any truth to that?

Yes. Irondrakes and the organ gun are pretty great though.
>>
>>148220809
I though the EU made it clear that UK would no longer get any special treatment?
Then again, everyone is getting sick of the EU, even the pro-europe want to quit the current Union and make a new one where people aren't just doing as they want.
>>
>>148185445
>>148185780
Playing Chaos with Sigwald was the easiest campaign i've ever played. I sacked/razed only 14 settlements in under 100 turns and won. I could've just continued to sack the rest 26 for Long Campaign Victory but why do.
>>
File: Dumb_Animorphs.jpg (58 KB, 1022x415) Image search: [Google]
Dumb_Animorphs.jpg
58 KB, 1022x415
>>148220729
Everyone is more relevant than Dumb Kangz, even Chaos Dwarfs
>>
>>148220663

Cannons are for killing large monsters or quickly knocking holes in walls.

Grudgethrower is better for killing infantry. Organ Guns are really good, basically will decimate any unit within a few rounds of firing if you can get the elevation angle right and not splay your own troops.
>>
>>148221031
Shit, so I need to be on a hill or something for organ guns to be effective? Could be a problem.
>>
>>148221096
You need to be on a hill with pretty much all direct fire weapons.
>>
>>148220601
>And now, they're all leaving
false

>all the enterprises are leaving the UK.
also false
>>
>>148221273

Or you could just stick your shit on the flanks.
>>
>>148221342
>the denial is strong with this one
>>
File: manowar.jpg (159 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
manowar.jpg
159 KB, 1024x768
Would Naval Battles in TW:W even work without having to dedicated Battlefellt Gothic: Armada levels of dev-time and resources into?
>>
>>148221401
got any facts to back up your claims?
>>
>>148220518
>>>/pol/
>>>/int/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>148221369
Against hoards of filthy greenskins, it would be a waste. They'd just swarm the flanks and take them out, right?
>>
>>148221440
This
>>
>>148221096
No, they will shoot over your front line fine no matter the terrain. same with all artillery in TWW.
>>
>>148221427
I'd get to play pirate vampires... that'd be fucking dope.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVbH1BVXywY
Who's the objectively best from the historical perspective?
I'm happy they're using historical characters for once
>>
Is this game any good? Does it have the factions from the original games?
>>
>>148221427
naval battles are shit, I hope they don't waste resources on them.
>>
>>148221583
What if they make them Empire-tier though
>>
>>148221545
>the pro eu cuck is a child

oh dear
>>
>>148221549
If you are talking about Warhammer its pretty good the races seem true to the tabletop and lore but we still need more factions
>>
>>148221459
just put them behind your infantry, even if your soldiers backs are touching the mouths of the cannons the projectiles will still go over their heads causing no harm.
>>
>>148221604
Well given how the fleets for each faction seem to be i could range from Rome 2 style boardfests to FOTS style long range artillery duels and stuff. Also someone had datamined unit portraits for ships (3 for each faction I think).I dont know how a Norscan boarding longship would fare agains a dorf dreadnought though. I believe they will definetely add some way to do battles at sea even if auto resolve only, since high and dark elves are supposedly pretty big neaval powers.
>>
>>148221631
Nice, will they be releasing the Night Elves or Lordaeron at some point too?
>>
File: 1465369377135.jpg (23 KB, 480x273) Image search: [Google]
1465369377135.jpg
23 KB, 480x273
>>148221545
>alexander
>dark hair
>>
>>148221620
>can't even reply to the right comment
not even surprised
>>
File: 1460804622299.png (38 KB, 302x234) Image search: [Google]
1460804622299.png
38 KB, 302x234
>>148221816
>Night Elves
>Lordaeron

Please be considerate of other peoples autism before baiting anon
>>
Should I get Chaos DLC? Is it worth the money? Any chances for discount on DLC's?
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 736x528) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 736x528
POO POO
PEE PEE
TWO DAYS TILL THE RAPING SPREE
>>
>>148221963
if you like chaos yes, if you're going to play them for the sake of it, no.
>>
>>148222020
Announcement or another teaser anyway. It's far too early for another DLC
>>
>>148222020
>eat captives
>rape captives
>shit on captives

Ty anon who said this before.
>>
What the fuck is your obsession with shitting? Whats the link between Beastmen and shitting everywhere?
>>
>>148222349

Beastmen like to poo on everything. Not even joking, the closet thing to art they have are idols made of dung.
>>
How did they train soldiers in line formation not to break or freak out when their friends next to them got shot?

What did NCOs do in line formations?
>>
What the fuck should my Spanish army comprise of?
Something to stop me from spamming Jinetes please
>>
File: Beastmen_bloodgrounds.png (982 KB, 951x529) Image search: [Google]
Beastmen_bloodgrounds.png
982 KB, 951x529
NOT ENOUGH POO POSTING
>>
File: Malagor_the_Crowfather.jpg (169 KB, 744x694) Image search: [Google]
Malagor_the_Crowfather.jpg
169 KB, 744x694
>>148194005
>FATHER OF CROWS
>FATHER OF CROWS
>FATHER OF CROWS
>>
>>148222773
Don't you mean
poosting?
>>
>>148222683
>What did NCOs do in line formations?
Keep soldiers from breaking or freaking out when their friends next to them got shot.
>>
File: Malagor_the_Dark_Omen.png (418 KB, 439x631) Image search: [Google]
Malagor_the_Dark_Omen.png
418 KB, 439x631
>>148222982
Second LL next to Khazrak One Eye confirmed?
Will there be a third one?
>>
>>148222683
PTSD is a modern phenomenon.
>>
>>148223084
maybe Taurox the Brass bull
>>
>>148194005
Masters of the Drakwald Lord pack.

Adding new Legendary Lords to both the Empire and Chaos.

Malagor the Dark Omen Legendary Lord with his Bestigors regiment of renown.

Markus Wulfhard Legendary Lord with his Hunters regiment of renown.

Calling it.
>>
File: AS221D_BM-Vignette.jpg (3 MB, 1742x3000) Image search: [Google]
AS221D_BM-Vignette.jpg
3 MB, 1742x3000
KILL RAPE SHIT
>>
>>148223101
Aren't there journals of monks or priests treating knights after battles that had PTSD-like symptoms?
>>
>>148223180
>Beastmen units and lord
>before Beastmen faction itself

You serious, aniki?
>>
>>148223180
>Malagor the Dark Omen Legendary Lord with his Bestigors regiment of renown.
>For Warriors of Chaos
That's bullshit and you know it
>>
>>148223101
Are you serious mang
>>
>>148223281
>>148223332
You expect CA to fully implement the Beastmen Race when the Empire are already facing so much shit? They know it's completely unbalanced so they're not going to do it.

They'll give you one LL and one unit, then dump out a quick blog post telling you to eat it up with bullshit reasons.
>>
>>148223497
They're either going full Beastmen or not at all.
A Beastmen LL for Warriors of Chaos won't happen if I'm wrong I'm gonna apologize to you
>>
>>148223497
They will buff empire with new lords dedicated to killing beastmen other beasties
>>
>>148223410
History is one of the few subjects easily accessible yet incredibly difficult to understand.

It creates a bunch of armchair historians who are braindead retarded, have no idea what they're talking about and think that if they didn't read about something, it didn't happen.
>>
>>148223101
No, you dumb fuck. It was just labelled as cowardice back then.
>>
>>148223497
>when the Empire are already facing so much shit?

git gud, Empire is litteraly the easiest faction

Once you own Marienburg, you just steamroll everybody

Having beastmen lords before the actual army is retaded and not going to happen
>>
>>148223780
I never play Empire, so I'm thinking exclusively about the AI.

Having the AI Empire get steamrolled within the first 30 turns by Beastmen, Vampires and Marauders even before Archaon turns up is retarded.
>>
>>148223952
That doesn't happen either though
>>
>>148224141
How do you know? You don't own the Beastmen DLC.
>>
>>148223952
>Having the AI Empire get steamrolled within the first 30 turns
Never happened to me tbqh, either the Empire alone or combined with Marienburg normally owns nearly half the map in all my games, even after Chaos is destroyed they still have half the empire provinces left.
VC's and Bretonnia never have more than 3 or 4 regions though.
>>
>>148224304
Says who? :^)
But seriously, Empire AI doesn't get fucked that eartly, or doesn't get fucked at all
>>
>>148222997
I see through your web of deceit carlos
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 175

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.