[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General #14
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 135
File: REAL.png (460 KB, 1000x848) Image search: [Google]
REAL.png
460 KB, 1000x848
Previous Thread >>146172215

Will Dwight ever find friends? edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: http://pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
Pastebin with peek at what's in the full release in terms of levels: http://pastebin.com/FE58REXD

>Official site
http://www.deadbydaylight.com/

>Video of the thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vObENy1Wl4w [Embed]

>Latest Patch Notes (June 17 / v1.0.1)
http://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206084790905/
>>
First for cheating is fine
>>
>>146250554
Second for cheating is not fine.
>>
nth for so many bugs that no one can list them all
>>
>play exclusively survivor
>get daily ritual to chase survivors for 9 minutes as retardbilly
>drink some glue to get into the mindset of playing the killer
>get in game
>first survivor i find is convinced it is literally impossible to see her because she is black and crouching in grass next to a wall
>next survivor i find is on a genny but waits til im literally directly behind him to start running
>BRIGHT RED TRAIL leads EXACTLY where he went
>trail ends in a corner
>guzzle more glue to try and figure out where he possibly could have hidden
>WOAH HES CROUCHED NEXT TO A ROCK IN SOME BUSHES
>next survivor tries to window juke me
>shuffle between the wall that leads to both window openings until she mistimes the jump and i down her
>at this point i have drunk literally all the glue in my home and had to resort to huffing paint to put myself in the mind of a real killer player
>the last survivor is hurt so all i need to do is run around the edge of the map until i either hear him or see the GIANT RED TRAIL HE LEAVES
>finally found him wheezing in a cabinet

phew man survivors am i right? i wish this game wasnt so tailored to them, makes it really hard to rev up my retard chainsaw and run directly into obstacles while they get gennys
>>
>>146250697
Hot tips: When you start off as killer the game deliberately feeds you morons just starting off. As soon as I hit rank 15 I started getting rank 6 survivors with 4 perks that never fail skill checks and never sprint.
>>
>>146250820
>as soon as i earned ~30 pips i started playing with the real players guys
>there arent lobbies with rank 20 killers and rank 5+ survivors
>there is a functioning matchmaking system in place guys
O AM LAFFIN
>>
>>146250697
wait til you see me

oh wait, you won't really see me until I am twerking at the exit :^)
>>
How the hell am I supposed to get away from a Wraith in the cornfield level where there are no infinite window hopping opportunities? There aren't even any pallets to throw down so I can't even stun him with that and then run into the cornfield.
>>
>>146251238
Hide in the cornfield and pray or hope for the farm with the huge shop
>>
File: Oh my.jpg (433 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Oh my.jpg
433 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>146251238
>in the cornfield level where there are no infinite window hopping opportunities

wrong
there's like 3 location grids at least and at least one of them will spawn erry time
>>
>>146251287
I just said it's not that map.
>>
>chainsaw only gives 750 points for hitting someone
>ding dong bell reveal + hitting someone gives 950
Wew no wonder everyone plays wraith
>>
File: 1465753685186.jpg (39 KB, 252x368) Image search: [Google]
1465753685186.jpg
39 KB, 252x368
>>146251306
>looks in chest and finds a medkit
>drops spooky skelly key and screenshots
nice meme friendo
>>
>>146251376
You can't infinitely window hop in one of those crappy things. They get you eventually, always. Unless maybe you're a Claudette with near instant self heal.
>>
>>146251306

What does the skeleton key even do?
>>
>>146251485
maybe if you're fucking retarded?
>>
Why is everyone so fucking reluctant to ready up in this game? I've had so many instances where the host is ready, but the players refuse to ready up and the killer rethinks it and decides he'd rather nuke the lobby and get lower ranked people.
>>
>>146251306
>chest items
>add ons
Nice try faglord
>>
>>146251552
No, we're talking about walls that take a second for the killer to cross. You window hop a hundred times and eventually he's going to bait you properly. He only needs a quarter second of misdirection. We're not talking about a barn or anything, but those worthless things on the corner of the map that don't even have things to throw down. Literally no one has ever window hopped that against a killer for more than a minute.
>>
>>146251720
... but I did not mean those regular walls, you stupid moron. There are at least 3 different locations I can think of right where you can juke infinitely on the farm. Don't expect me to teach you them by baiting me further. Just watch other players or find them on your own.
>>
>>146251092
Explain why I only face level 20 killers when I'm a low rank shitter survivor but when I switch to my 17 level/13 rank killer I start seeing high power survivors equipped with the latest gadgets
>>
>>146251238
Point flashlight in his general vicinity. Bathe in wraith tears when he gets stunned for double the length of a pallet stun.
>>
>>146251957
You're referring to stuff like the barn? I just explicitly said I'm referring to the farm level where there are no such buildings, just corn and worthless crap. Unless you mean the basement shack, but even that isn't always foolproof as the Wraith will never give up if you're right next to the basement.
>>
>>146252059
That only works when he's cloaked, does it not? You can't flash him when he's sneaking up on you in a cornfield and you can't even see him to properly aim.
>>
>>146252195
Listen to his crazed muttering and then spam it in his face when he tries to decloak. If he's stupid enough to walk towards you visible then your heartbeat will already be warning you to run away.
>>
>>146252095
>I'm referring to the farm level where there are no such buildings

as am I

and there are a minimum of 3 spawnable locations on the fucking farm for infinite jukes and I've used 2 of them myself until the killer gave up and fucked off

fuck you are so dense, just find them out on your own
>>
File: 1426823947570.jpg (36 KB, 443x254) Image search: [Google]
1426823947570.jpg
36 KB, 443x254
>tfw you have 43 hours and you're still rank 20
>>
Am I a huge fucking memelord for loving the flashlight?

Like I barely get any use out of it but that one situation where a guy goes down near me and I know the killer just isn't fast or stable enough to get me I just LET IT RIP
>>
>>146252394
how bad r u?
>>
>>146252285
What are these locations you speak of? Describe them.
>>
>>146252459
Flashlight is completely useless currently and every other item is better and more useful.
>>
>>146252627
The flashlight is pretty good against a cloaked wraith. Stuns him for a pretty significant amount of time.
>>
>>146252627
Eh

Beats doing the hook dance with dickface mcstandstill
>>
>>146252471
I guess bad.
>>
>>146251489

skeleton key with no add on just use to open the trap door.

What it does with the add on is base what you put on it.
>>
>>146252627
Still fucks with wraith hard enough to be justifiable at times, especially cloaking hook camping faggots
>>
>>146252946
It's completely useless against the other two and it only works on bad wraiths.

But the toolbox is always useful. Medkit can be useful if you don't have self-heal and you can heal others faster. The map is for easy extra points. Flashlight is just shit and it MIGHT just might stun a really bad wraith player once or twice.

And the fucking thing is in nearly every chest because it's the most worthless item.
>>
>>146250820
>First 2 games as hillbilly
>Each had a rank 1 survivor amongst the 20s
Each a dick.
>>
>>146252394

I know the feeling brother

I need to start looking out for myself. I always fuck myself over because I want to save everyone.
>>
>>146253181
There are only 2 or 3 good wraiths, so that sounds pretty useful to me.

If you're good or reasonably intelligent you won't be drawn to wraith in the first place.
>>
>>146253241
It's like, I 5+ matches that are easy and I rarely see the killer and then I get followed up with 5+ matches where I spawn as close as possible to the killer and he non-stop harasses me
>>
>>146253246
Wraith's the most fun though.

Also
>only good or bad players
>no middle ground

just stay in /v/ please
>>
>>146253434
Wraith is the least fun. You cloak and run around on the fringe looking for people, uncloak and whack them. Then you camp them. Or they run to infinite window-hop location found on almost every map and tease you.
>>
I didn't think /vg/ would have this many obviously shit players. I bet you're all rank 19-20 (20 mostly) and level 10 at best.

Holy shit.
>>
>>146253587
Feel free to discuss your pro strats on reddit
>>
>>146252394
What does everyone care about fucking ranks, especially in this game. Literally nobody gives a shit about someone elses rank since 80% of cases its a cheaterfag
>>
>>146253579
Trapper is a shitter than can be made the most harmless killer with a single perk. Hillbilly's chainsaw is easily juked. Wraith's ok if you know how to use invisibility properly.
>>
>>146253753
esports dotard types
>>
>>146253787
Wraith literally can't catch people on all but one or two maps. Trapper can fortify one side of the map and patrol so that it's practically impossible to get anything done, even with saboteur.
>>
>>146253651
well look at that.. one of the shitters got butthurt instantly lmao
>>
>>146253787
Hillbillys chainsaw allows you to patrol things very effectively.
>>
>>146253859
Maybe you can't as wraith because you fucking suck. Small game renders the trapper useless and I love it. I fucking dance around 9 out of 10 trappers and get free ez points from their traps and with the one really exceptionally good trapper it is a 50/50 if they can get me without the help of traps.

>>146253965
It's also noisy and predictable. Especially when there are few objectives left. All the tard does is dash between 2-3 objectives and you know when he's coming from across the map since he has to rev up the chainsaw.
>>
>>146254156
And? It keeps people off generators, can cause people to panic and give up their position, can sprint you across the map and effectively allow you to guard both gate exits.
>>
>>146254156
Traps aren't for catching retards that don't pay attention as they crawl through the grass. They're for completely blocking off all the evasive areas near the final generators the Trapper has decided to call home.
>>
>You get 2k for stunning a wraith with a flash light
Holy shit
>>
>>146254310
It stops shitters, sure, but it's so easy to go up to a generator and fix it a little and then you hear the idiot revving you can hide. Rinse and repeat.

>>146254345
I can't hear you over all these sabotaged and disarmed trap noises that are from the "fortified" areas. Idiot.
And only retards activate generators so that the remaining 2-3 are next to each other instead of being spread out. You seem like a typical bad trapper who thinks his traps matter at all against small game.

All it takes is one perk. One perk. And the trapper is like a disabled puppy.
>>
>>146254594
And then he knows you're near by and can search and find them.

And it's generally shitters who run as soon as they hear a chainsaw in the distance. The good players stay there until he's almost right there and then walk/run off to a juke point they're comfortable they can evade the killer at
>>
>>146254594
You don't get to disarm them because the trapper isn't leaving the area. The whole point is to let you get 3 or 4 generators on one side of the map, forcing you to spend all your time in a very small area with several generators and a killer that is always there. If you manage to do a repair on a generator you'll have to pull off 15 seconds later to avoid being spotted.
>>
>>146254720
Indeed. Shitters run everywhere. I can just fix the generator, walk and hide and then fix it again as many times as I need to when he retards sprints elsewhere. So where are you going with this?

>>146254781
Wow you have a huge boner for trapper despite him being the weakest killer, trumped by one single perk. It would not be hard to "steal" one generator from the trapper's area early on because it's easy to spot him and he has no sprint of invisibility so it's easier to get away. Then activate the rest of the generators while the retard patrols his small domain and run out while he just camps his 2 generators.
Can't wait to level 3 sabotage all the traps I find. Try fortifying anything with your 2-3 traps I can see easily.
>>
>>146255064
The Wraith is objectively the weakest killer in that he can't lock down an area, can't patrol as fast as hillbilly, and has the worst pursuit ability of any killer. He's only good on the Rotten Fields map.

I don't deny that an exceptionally good survivor would be able to beat a great Trapper, but the game is imbalanced in favour of the survivors so you can say that about any killer.
>>
>>146255207
He has the same regular running speed as the others. He can patrol almost as fast as hillbilly without making extra noise. There are perks that alert you slightly before he can be heard but that goes for all killers. You still can't spot him as well as the others and there is no red light either when he is cloaked. You just need to time your invisibility right for surprises and know if and when you should use it when chasing.
It's a silly kneejerk-like reaction to call the wraith bad just because the worst newbies call him OP and then proceed to play as him and sucking horribly.

Genuinely good hillbillies are still the scariest because they can land that chainsaw.
>>
>>146251462
>>146251624
It was probably left there by someone else.
>>
>>146255590
How to beat the Wraith:

1: Partially repair generators to 95% or so
2: Spread out your generator repair
3: Make one of your final disabled generators be in a house of infinite window-hopping, and the others far away

There, you win. You can do the same thing to the Trapper, but what I just described is piss easy to do to a Wraith while for the Trapper you had to dream up a build where half of your perks are dedicated to screwing the Trapper.
>>
>about to type "killer dc?" in lobby because all have good ranks
>killer dcs before my message goes through

all according to keikaku
>>
File: 1455105144058.jpg (157 KB, 792x892) Image search: [Google]
1455105144058.jpg
157 KB, 792x892
I don't know how anyone can maintain high ranks in this game when the disconnection right is fucking absurd.
>>
>>146255787
One perk you mean. One is not half. It's 1/4th.

You can do the chain shit on any killer.
>>
>>146256021
As a survivor, just win more than you lose.

As a killer, abuse Wraith.

>>146256026
You need both Saboteur and Small Game to make what you're talking about effective. Being able to see the traps isn't enough.

As for Wraith, Premonition, Spine Chill, and probably others makes it impossible for the Wraith to ever sneak up, meaning you always have time to evade and get to safety.
>>
>>146256094
Those two work just as well on the other killers as well.

And sabotage, once you have it, is ALWAYS part of the perk set anyway I mean come on you can't deny how universally useful it is.
>>
File: 1461187639440.gif (40 KB, 532x540) Image search: [Google]
1461187639440.gif
40 KB, 532x540
>Only get 2 gens before everyone dies
>Follow the killer around so he shows me where the hatch is
>Easily escape into it while he's stupidly trying to place traps around it
GGNORE dum dum killers
>>
>>146256354
>Those two work just as well on the other killers as well.
They're far more valuable against the Wraith because they let you know he's coming even when there are a few walls between you and no heartbeat.
>>
>>146256094
And just seeing the traps has been enough for me. I can disable them for easy points and at the same time I am helping the survivors that don't see their outlines.
>>
>>146256421
I always have spine chill on. Helps against all killers because it lets you know when they are looking at you which usually means they are definitely coming your way, spotted or not. And it's without cooldown.
>>
>>146256539
Yeah, and it breaks the Wraith by depriving them of any surprise.
>>
>>146256386
There is really nothing a killer can do about the hatch unless they're a trapper and it has very tight placement and only needs 2 traps to cover completely.
>>
>mocking flashlight

You can force meme of weak flashlight all day guys, but its wrecks wraith's day really hard. You can stun invis/uncloaking wraith even if you dont aim for his back. If Im playing against wraith, I might consider flashlight over medkit.

I've saved some survivors against hook camping invisible wraith. I spot invis wraith first, run towards hook, wraith runs towards me uncloaking. At this point Im moving towards wraith and using flashlight. Stun duration time is just enough to make it to the hook and unhook a person. Flashlight is garbage against any other *decent* killer though. Most cheeky part is that you can just turn away as killer/drop survivor you were carrying. Flashlight should fuck with mouse sensetivety and dissalow dropping victim.
>>
File: 1360381350299.jpg (19 KB, 366x399) Image search: [Google]
1360381350299.jpg
19 KB, 366x399
>Rank up to the next rank
>Next match
>Killer DCs right at the start
>Rank back down

I can't be the only one having this bad luck am I?

I'm never getting out of the teens at this rate.
>>
>>146256623
You can't only rely on the gimmick of a killer to win, you know. You make it seem like trapper can only win when he uses traps, or when the hillbilly uses the chainsaw or that the wraith uses only his invisibility. Gotta use your wits bro.

Besides it only activates when looking at the survivor but it does not activate if you are facing the other way until you are really close so they can hear you.
>>
>>146256797
I mean, if you find a flashlight in the game already and are against a wraith? Maybe worth it. Otherwise you're a retard if you bring it in the hopes you're against a wraith.
>>
>>146251462
A used medkit though?

What if someone forgot they had a key on em and picked up an item in the chest? Could happen since its pretty difficult to tell when you're holding a key...looks like a tiny stick.
>>
Legit fags WW@?

What's your

>Rank
>Level
>Main nigga
>Best perk you have
>>
>>146256797
I play wraith a lot when I play killer side. And fleshlights don't scare me one bit. I just quickly looked to the left or right and your flashlight had no effect. And I am not retarded enough to chase a better player with a flashlight in invisibility state. Only high rank survivors that leave no trace anywhere, heal immediately and don't even activate crows are scary. Same shit goes any killer against 2+ good survivors that are like fucking ghosts on the map.
>>
>>146257262
So bring Premonition instead. If the Wraith's invisibility is rendered irrelevant and all it has is chasing people around, why not play Hillbilly?

The answer: Because the Wraith is only good against retarded survivors that can't tell he's coming, can't get away, and can't strategically choose their generators. This means that the Wraith can easily get 3 kills per match.

The Trapper, on the other hand, is good against retarded and okay survivors. No killer is good against good survivors.
>>
>>146257425
>12
>20
>Jake
>Iron Will 1. I have Calm Spirit 2 but that's shit.
>>
Mods when
>>
>>146257425
Dwight
Leader.

That 9% tho.
>>
> Pro-Tip of the day

If you think that killer is after you following your run trails and you want to lose him, you
break line of sight and run backwards, then walk-crouch to the side. This makes it look like you continued running forward, which killer will fall for 100% of the time unless he already spotted you or heard you somehow.

Also stopping repairing generators from time to time and making a fake run trail only to return and keep fixing it is a great way to fuck with killer. Its always funny seeing killer rushing into the direction of a fake trail, while you've been crouching in opposite direction)
>>
>>146257459
Premonition is worse. It has cooldown.

And I just explained how to get around spine chill. Dude, you are starting to get stupid as this goes on. Wraith is fine against the average survivor even if you struggle as wraith. I don't. And even my left testicle is great against shit survivors and I mean come on it's smaller than my right one.
>>
The way you guys talk about this game makes it sound not very fun
>>
>>146257425

Claudette
Self-Heal Tier 3
>>
Did they drastically up the number of hooks per map since beta?
>>
>>146257662
When everything goes well it's fun. When you got dc fags and bugs it's not as fun and even infuriating. But bugs are being ironed out and for me it's more fun than not fun.
>>
>>146257662
Then leave you fucking faggot.
>>
I don't understand why people complain about this game being balanced to help survivors. You don't need to kill all of them to win as a killer, it's easy as fuck
>>
>>146257662
/vg/ is beeing /vg/. Game is fun, the only assymetrical thing that you can compare to it in terms of fun is Natural Selection 2. Although it does have flaws.

> Some areas of the map make it so killer can't kill a person in plain sight
> Some survivor perks are completely OP
> Ranks don't affect matchmaking
> Disconnects are not punished at the moment.
>>
>>146257834
Because it's overwhelmingly balanced in favour of the survivors to begin with. If the whole team is competent the whole team survives.
>>
>>146257726
The short answer is no.
>>
>>146257834
If you get 4 people that know how jukeshacks work, then welcome to the unfun land. Whenever you spot a person he'll bolt for the closest building with cheesy windows.
>>
>>146257585
LEGIT DO NOT PLAY A SINGLE FUCKING GAME UNTIL YOU'VE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THESE TIPS.

>1: If you're running from the killer don't go towards a generator unless you know for a fact no one is fucking there
>1a: If you're dumb enough to fucking do that and the other guy gets caught you owe him a debt and you will stick around to attempt rescue
>2: If you are downed and someone is on the hook. DO. NOT. try fucking heal yourself right under the hook. Crawl your retarded ass away so the killer can't watch you both then heal
>3. If 2 people are down fucking rescue one of them you pussy cunt.
>4: If you fuck up a generator skill check that gen is now your responsibility.
>5: If they're in the basement they're gone. Forget them unless a second person is caught.
>>
>When you're trying to level up ASAP after 30 and the entity takes over half of your bloodweb with 1 item circle
>>
>>146258005
>>146258054
Maybe I just find 2+ retards in my games.
Or maybe I'm also a scrub because when I play as survivor it happens that people die (and not only me dieing)
>>
File: 1448759981109.jpg (21 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1448759981109.jpg
21 KB, 540x540
>tfw a long game and then at the end you get downed and hooked and nobody helps for points
>>
this game is definitely made with headphones in mind

I was playing it with shitty speaker for so many and now I can hear things I never even heard before
>>
File: 1450393424188.gif (4 MB, 471x272) Image search: [Google]
1450393424188.gif
4 MB, 471x272
>>146258123
>YOU HAVE TO PLAY THE WAY I SAY OR ELSE IM TELLING MOM

Kek, fuck off kiddo.
When the killer is on my ass I run directly towards the closest survivor and bodyblock them into the killer so I can sabotage 3 hooks while they die.
>>
>>146258374
The majority of survivors don't play properly. If you're fully repairing generators instead of bringing them to near completion, or grabbing them all in one area instead of spreading them out evenly, or grabbing the one in the ultra-juke house early on, then you are playing stupidly.
>>
>>146258531
you might as well fix them fully because retards will fuck up that chain plan
>>
>>146258614
They will, but for every minute they don't the killer wastes more time patrolling needlessly.
>>
Do you get less points if you escape through a trap door?
>>
>>146258501
3 hooks aint shit compared to the amount of hooks on the map. Play as a team or play as a killer, faggot.
>>
>>146258719
You get more points. 7k for a trap escape.
>>
>>146258719

That, and aren't you awarded points 1K points for fixing the generator?

Some shitter decides to come in last minute, you're out 1K points and that mother fucker juts made easy dosh.
>>
>>146250598
>>146250554
third for cheating is for cucks who i will juke for seven billion years
>>
>wreckers
>1 gen left
>just me and another guy left
>all hooks sabotaged
>other guy jukes the kill in the cabin
>gets hit but escapes
>meet back up with him and patch him up
>we go to the gen by the bus
>find a trap
>lag into it when trying to disarm
>killer grabs me but drops me when he realizes he's too far from the basement
>hide in grass and recover while other guy escapes
>start crawling towards the cabin while the guy does the last gen
>killer finds me and hooks me in the basement while guy opens the gate
>killer leaves
>figure I have nothing to lose and attempt escape
>succeed as the guy gets through the exit
>run upstairs and into the hatch

Killer must've been pissed. But really the hatch should close once the gens are done.
>>
>>146258501
Why hooks and not generators? Generators will give you just as many points in the objective category while hooks give you points in a category you can raise in a minute or two of being chased.
>>
File: 1452419571836.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1452419571836.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>>146258727
>Implying I give a fuck about how many hooks on the map
I'm doing it for the points you silly goose.
Three hooks and two gennys, even if I don't escape I'm getting a rank. You can't make me a team player, why the fuck should I stick my neck out because you're dumb enough to get caught?
Stop trying to tell people how to play a game they paid for, you sperg. You're not the boss of this gym.
>>
6 pips away from rank 1 survivor cancer
>>
>>146259221
Three gennys and an exit door will give you a rank.
>>
>Level 10, hoping for Iron Will 2
>Calm Spirit
>Level 11, hoping for anything cool at this point
>Calm Spirit 2
>Level 12
>Hope
>Level 13, hoping for anything fucking usable at this point
>Calm. Spirit. 3

RNG pls. I don't want this.
>>
>>146259441
Wait. Does Calm Spirit keep crows from landing on a closet or flying around you if you sit in one spot too long, or does it just keep them from getting spooked when you walk by?
>>
Just says they're calm as fuck and you have 95% less chance of alerting them. I don't use it because it's useless.
>>
File: 1441832163033.png (205 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
1441832163033.png
205 KB, 505x431
>faggot streamer infinite window hops and taunts killers
>gets mad and DCs when the same thing happens to him
>>
>Be below average at game
>Get caught at first generator
>On nearby hook
>Someone tries to rescue me
>Runs off and killer chases
>Another person is just about to pull me off hook due to the distraction
>First person runs straight by the hook bringing the killer back who hardcore camps the last couple seconds of my life.

Sometimes I just hate this game.
>>
>>146259770
classic streamer stuff
>>
File: 20160622061110_1.jpg (52 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
20160622061110_1.jpg
52 KB, 1366x768
>>
Why even play Trapper if you're going to camp?
>>
>>146260568
I dislike M1 spam for "Killer is camping" I think it'd be better served as "Holy shit, hurry the fuck up he's actually not here"
>>
File: outfuckingplayed.jpg (156 KB, 850x956) Image search: [Google]
outfuckingplayed.jpg
156 KB, 850x956
Damn it was a close one against a decent wraith player.
Literally just barely jumped down the hatch.
>>
File: 1452012040874.jpg (71 KB, 500x410) Image search: [Google]
1452012040874.jpg
71 KB, 500x410
>Hold alt while hovering over hidden offerings
>Displays them

Then whats the fucking point?
>>
tfw you dont lose as survivor ever!!!!
>>
>>146260885
it's pretty dumb since anyone who should give a shit and could attempt a save is any survivor close by already and they will see/hear the killer anyway

killers rarely use insidious for some reason despite liking to camp hooks
>>
>>146261253
yeah you merely dc
>>
>>146261253
>tfw you take your cucking to the next level.
>>
>>146260885
I think M1 spam should be removed. Beeing able to globally send a message as survivor is fairly broken for a game like this.

> whenever you click M1 animation of "struggling" goes to the end, even if you let go of button.
>>
>>146261371
i have only dced one time and that was because it was a wraith doing the dong dong on my hook bullshit
>>
>Faggots who sit around in lobby not ready

Ready up you daft cunt. If you're going to afk then fuck off.
>>
>Decent team
>1 guy not ready
>Highest level leaves
>Not ready faggot leaves
>2 level 1's join

STOP IT.
>>
>>146262064
eat shit adhd faggot I'll idle as much as I want
>>
How are there so many fucking level ones running around?
>>
File: 1466568345919.jpg (76 KB, 740x531) Image search: [Google]
1466568345919.jpg
76 KB, 740x531
>>146260885

Man, who the fuck even started spreading this?

I typed it in lobby chat for like a couple of sessions 2 days after the game launch. Come back a week later and now it's been universally been adopted as the official sign language.

I'm not saying I invented this shit, because it's basic as fuck but damn those survivors are quick on coming up with communication solutions.
>>
>>146262152
Go play EVE then faggot
>>
File: Easy Jukes.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Easy Jukes.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
What's the easiest juke you ever did?

I was working on this generator with the camera angle facing the same direction. Wraith comes running at me straight on because he heard the generator running.

I dodge his first strike, run around the generator and crouch behind the tree. I just peek out a little bit to get a clearer view of his red glow and react to it. He checks his left, then runs to the right, and then just completely fucks off.

I was back on that generator in less than 10 seconds.

I also saved a Dwight from the hook twice while he was camping.

Wraiths. When will they learn?
>>
>>146262293
no I will stand in DbD lobbies and do nothing so your salty as fuck ass can rage some more :^)
>>
>match is pretty much over
>unsure about my score, might need some points for a pip
>killer goes camp the other exit or what the fuck ever
>wait and wait at the other exit
>start vaulting repeatedly to make noise and get his attention so he can come farm points with me
>nope
>vault about 10 times again
>nope
>vault some more
>and then some more
>he finally comes over
>doesn't get the idea at all and just attacks me
>have to run off because the idiot would definitely hit me again

fucking idiot killers, it's like you don't want easy bp when you've already lost and most if not all survivors actually survived
>>
File: 2VwxjF.gif (242 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
2VwxjF.gif
242 KB, 320x180
Is there a level req for the ultra-rare versions of unique perks?
Savescumming my level 20 web, but no matter what it won't show up
>Done it 30 times
>Deja Vu 2
>No One Left Behind 1
>Resilience 2
>NO SABOTEUR 3
>>
>>146263095
Nope it's random bullshit, i've gotten max self-heal but I still can't find any of my teachable sprint burst
>>
I swear to god Billy is completely fucking retarded in certain map designs.

>Sitting near a gen
>Billy comes by
>He chainsaws off
>5 seconds later he's chainsawing back into this same gen.
>Can't start repairing it because he'll just kill me immediately.
>He still managed to catch the other 2 fucking people when we had one gen left.

That's fucking retarded. Absolutely fucking retarded.
>>
>>146263231
well for starters _____________________________________________________ git gud ________________
>>
>>146263231
>complaining about the hillbilly

you need to leave right now
>>
>>146263674
I ranked up on that match.
>>
>>146263679
Hillbilly is hilarious good against noobies.

End up on Farm, find someone at a gennie, down them with chainsaw charge. Hook em. See tracks, check around, find second guy, he runs for the hook, I start revving in advance and chainsaw the guy who unhooked the guy, then down the other guy as well. Put the original guy back on the hook, suddenly see tracks AGAIN. FIND TWO FUCKING PEOPLE and manage to chainsaw those down too.

Now I have one guy on a hook and 3 crawling around me. Major keks were had.
>>
File: 1394927781118.png (126 KB, 308x302) Image search: [Google]
1394927781118.png
126 KB, 308x302
>it's a team dies trying to save one guy episode
>>
>>146263679
He has the best defense when you're down to low gen counts that are close together which is what I'm talking about you retard.
>>
tfw you're level 31 rank 9 and you didn't savescum like a little cuck bitch
>>
>>146264251
14 Rank 16 here, keep getting low scores because of ragequitters FML, can't wait for TWO PERKS
>>
>>146264251
>finally got to 14 after being 16 for the longest time
Feels great man
>>
>>146263852
I've whacked 4 people down as the wraith. Within a minute. Now that was funny shit but you had to be there.
One I whacked quickly down and hooked, second tried to help but I grab them and as I am dropping them to the ground a third one helps the one off the hook and I whack him as he does it. The originally hooked guy goes down within 5 seconds and a few seconds later I whack down the third guy. The fourth one is there to my surprise and tries to fleshlight me. He fails miserably and I guess he gives up and I whack him down. All 4 down and bleeding within a minute. And I DINGDDONGDINGDONGDINGDONG the shit out of them.
>>
>>146264667
DING DING DONG
DING DING DING DONG
DIN DIN DONG
DIN DOOONG
>>
>>146264734
ah.. my ding ding dong
>>
So how would YOU fix bullshit like repeated window juking, infinite jukes by healing after going through windows, etc?

Add RNG to make them stumble or break the window/pallet if they do it too often? Stamina bar? Panic meter that when they're too close to you for too long, they start fucking up all actions?
>>
>>146264857
I like the idea of them tripping on the vault and being knockdown for a few seconds after doing it too many times. Prevents rng shit and still lets people use windows for an advantage at least for a little while.
>>
>>146264980
But what about people who are legitimately trying to get away from you without infinite jukes? Then they would get affected by it as well, unless it only counts up when they do it x amount of seconds, but some people bait killers long enough to avoid that so it's kinda iffy.
>>
>tfw sacrificed a pip to drop dwight off at the hatch
>>
File: 1458675741173.png (669 KB, 510x510) Image search: [Google]
1458675741173.png
669 KB, 510x510
All killers are incredibly boring besides the Hillbilly.

Because he's the only one which can reliably instant down he's the only one I fear remotely scary on.

>Standing outside a closet when a person is in and just revving up the chainsaw.
>>
Well you would either have to account for the number of times they do it on the same spot or for how long they do it for it to be effective at deterring infinte jukes. One would have to implement it very carefully to avoid frustration on the survivors side.
>>
>>146265281
That's why a panic meter would probably be better. The longer you are REALLY CLOSE to a killer, the larger the chances are of fucking up. That way, if someone is legitimately gaining distance from you they won't get punished for it, it would only ever punish people who just stare you down from windows and crap like that. Then make it so panic gives them a slight speed boost at first so it gives them more incentive to actually run.
>>
>>146265367
That'd be good.
>>
>>146265367
Well how close would it be to trigger because infinite jukers don't always stare at the killer or stay extremely close
>>
My fucking game just reset, everything's gone and lost what the fuck.
>>
>>146265657
restart it a couple of times if that doesn't work then restart steam
>>
>>146265738
Worked, thanks. Fuck I was worried for a second, didn't want to have to grind all that shit back again.
>>
fucking lagger hosts and fucking game not loading everything every time when it starts, those combined just fucked me over hard
>>
File: I am become mom.jpg (107 KB, 336x500) Image search: [Google]
I am become mom.jpg
107 KB, 336x500
>Dev confirmed the ranking system wont be fixed until next month just for the sake of keeping this "season" fair
>>
File: bear table.jpg (89 KB, 686x501) Image search: [Google]
bear table.jpg
89 KB, 686x501
>no more adrenaline when playing killer
>no more fear when playing survivor

I feel like it's already paid for after 20 hours of fun, but how do i make this game fun again?
>>
File: 9NFgm8e.jpg (825 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
9NFgm8e.jpg
825 KB, 540x720
>>146250242
>[Embed]

Save game with a billion bloodpoints or whatever: http://www.megafileupload.com/foe0/Dead_by_Daylight_Update.zip

Good try OP.
>>
>>146265494
Something like 8 yards, which is the distance of most juking bullshit. It would prevent people staring you down near any windows because panic would just keep climbing the longer they do it and then they're fucked.
>>
>>146266232
They could at least fix the DCing bullshit
>>
>>146266232
>Season
>DBD

Fucking. Why
>>
File: 1454954733784.jpg (43 KB, 700x535) Image search: [Google]
1454954733784.jpg
43 KB, 700x535
Nothing makes me rage more than hook sabotage.

When I catch the little fuckers and finally get them on the hook I camp them till they're dead, every, fucking, time. Even if its against my best interests.
>>
>>146266710
What I hate most is when most of the fucking hooks are gone and people run towards edges of the map where there are no fucking hooks nearby at all, so getting them hooked is practically imposible. I just let the fuckers bleed out when that happens, fuck em.
>>
>>146266846
Tbh I feel like hook sabotage can only be done once the first person has been hooked

From an IMMERSHUN standpoint, the survivors have no clue that hooks are the killer's MO so there would be no fucking sense in sabotaging random hooks you find everywhere just because you MIGHT end up on one.
>>
>>146267010
Haven't the survivors been doing this over and over again, I mean it's stated they never actually die and they always end up back the campfire
>>
>>146267010
>i might get hit by a car today, so what I'm gonna do is slash the tires on every single car I come across
>>
Dwight with moustache or no moustache?

Also for someone who just started playing this, why does it feel like the FOV is so much smaller than what I see on streams?
>>
>>146267010
Judging by the way the survivors look, I'd say they've already run into the killers before the game takes place.
>>
>>146267196
The survivor FOV? Think it's the same for everyone. Only killers get an extra FOV perk.
>>
>>146267196
There's a perk that increases the FOV.
>>
>>146267010
The whole thing is just idiotic.

Items shouldn't be in the game. Neither should perks.

So three of the enemy team have max sabotage, my best perk is a common, I hook and sacrifice three, the last escaping through the hatch because I wasn't fucked camping it, and I lose a Pip?

Its just nonsense. This is the worst ranking system I've ever seen in a videogame. and the worst progression system I've seen in a non free to play videogame.
>>
>>146267293
Yeah it's more score attack than anything
The point isn't to kill them, it's to keep finding/chasing them and hooking them and repeating them for as long as you can before they almost get away, then you actually finish it.
>>
aw yeah rank 1 bitches

time to not give a shit about my survivor rank ever again :^)

... and then the same for killer, fucking hell
>>
>tru3 prestiges
>loses ALL perks
>is going up against non-prestiged rank 1 lvl 40-50s

uh
>>
>>146267416
Bet he still rapes them
Those lunges don't lie
>>
File: 467856778324.gif (2 MB, 245x134) Image search: [Google]
467856778324.gif
2 MB, 245x134
>>146263891
Was playing Wraith and got one guy in the basement on a hook. Come upstairs and go outside. I see the bloodpaths all over the building so I go downstairs. I ended up getting all 4 on the hooks in the basement.

I almost felt bad for them. Almost.
>>
File: VtAFteB.jpg (834 KB, 4394x2509) Image search: [Google]
VtAFteB.jpg
834 KB, 4394x2509
Step 1: Download Steam Achievement Manager.

Step 2: Run SAM and double click on Dead by Daylight.

Step 3: Give yourself the Legendary Killer and Legendary Survivor achievement.

Step 4: Open the game and play the match as a survivor or killer.

Step 5: Pip up or pip down in the match.

Step 6: Enjoy that you are now a rank 1 (if you pipped up) or rank 2 with almost full pips (if you pipped down).

These developers ACTUALLY linked the achievement to give you rank one if you get it...how did they think that's a good idea. Just remove ranking from the game already.

OH! Also you can ungive and give yourself the achievement to stay at rank 1 or 2 if your rank goes any lower than that.
>>
>>146267416
The game matches you depending of your rank alone, i was playing around with SAM and it gave me rank 1, i got matched with a bunch of 1-5 ranks
>>
>>146267416
who?

anyway it's retarded to prestige first before you've farmed more bloodpoints so you can do some kuhrazy leveling up right after prestige
>>
>>146267572
tru3ta1ent nigga, Twitch Wraith player. Got good lunge skills.
>>
>>146267597
still a who to me

>watching streamer fags

just kill yourself, millennial
>>
>>146267502
the nerfed (default) fov is fucking with his lunging/distance a little bit
>>
>>146267691
Fucked me up as Hillbilly too a bit but back to lunging like a crazy person. Also it's so satisfying when the chainsawing through pallets works.
>>
>>146267516
Doing this makes it easy to identify you cheated. I've reported faggots like you to moderators this way :^)
>>
>>146267502
he's constantly against rank 1-5, hes done about 3 games now, gotten maybe 5 kills so far.
>>
>>146268017
Yeah I bet it's all Megs and Claudettes fucking bullshit
>>
>>146267516
nice try meme lord :^)
>>
>Killer instantly downs us from full health in a single hit
Wow okay yeah no worries feel free to hack faggot.
>>
File: kekaroo.png (839 KB, 839x681) Image search: [Google]
kekaroo.png
839 KB, 839x681
>>146268125
>>146267801
samefag
>>
>>146257425
20 atm :(
Dwight
Technically the purple variant of premonition, but I prefer to use the common tier Bond.
>>
>>146268187
thats a perk
>>
>>146268017

Some games he's getting one or even zero hooks that would have been at least three if he had No One Escapes Death T3. It's just really important for a killer whose only way of hitting people is running at them normally
>>
>>146268187
Hillbilly does it
And there's a perk that all killers can get that allows em to do it when the Exit Gates are open
>>
>>146266562
but they DID
>>
>>146266562
You don't lose your items now :^)
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-22+at+08.24.23).jpg (19 KB, 294x137) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-22+at+08.24.23).jpg
19 KB, 294x137
>>146268209
Sorry friendo

>>146268247
yeah that fov perk is really nice too
>>
>>146268187

That's No one escapes death. It's a perk that allows killers to one-shot any survivor he hits after the exit has been powered up from five generators
>>
>>146266429
reported, enjoy youre ban
>>
>>146267196
Play with no moustache.
I play Dwight with default torso and legs but with a moustache.
>>
>>146268236
>>146268260
>>146268347
Why are game-breakingly OP perks allowed?
>>
>>146257425
Jack the hooker
Spine chill 3 is best perk though I also have premonition 3, saboteur 3 and hope 3

didn't even cheat
>>
>>146268446

The survivors have access to much more insane shit, trust me
>>
>>146268446
Because low level killers have no chance of getting high perk survivors but with that perk they could at least get to the exit and maybe quickly hit a guy before he gets away, so he can still get a hook at the end of the game
>>
>>146268493
>>146268507
Why are low level/low rank players and I being matched up against rank 1 killers in the first fucking place?
>>
FUCK YOU IF YOU ARE HERE RANK 2 MEG YOU GOT YOUR ASS FOUND THEN RAN TO ME AND GOT ME STUCK AND THE KILLER GOT ME INSTEAD OF YOU THEN WHEN YOU UNHOOKED ME YOU KEPT HEALING ME RIGHT AT THE HOOK AND HE GOT ME FOR GOOD. FUCK YOU FUCK YOU.
>>
>>146268628
Shit matchmaking desu
>>
>>146268628
There is no logic to matchmaking, it's just whoever clicks join first.
>>
I swear the most cancerous fucking place is the tree with campfire and the stoney circular thing around it on Farm
>>
The game needs a basic competency test before your first game.

I have never not seen a level 1 fuck up the first skill check.
>>
>>146268925
Only one of them is slightly hard, where it has you press 0.5 seconds ish after the wheel pops up. Just have to be prepared to press quickly once you hear the sound, and also make sure you don't press too soon.
>>
>>146257425
D WHITE
SPINE CHILLA 3
>>
>when you've just ranked up and every lobby you enter has level 1 and 2 shitters.
>>
>>146269047
>slightly hard
>get an audible chime every time
>>
>>146264857
Stamina bar for window jumps. Gets replenished when you are not vaulting for a while.

If you jump a lot, then your jumping becomes non-sprint speed, or even slower. Killer starts vaulting faster if he is doing multiple vaults in a row, but it is still slow.
>>
>>146269174
>>146269047
And yet level 1s fuck it up without fail
>>
>Have to save people from hooks
>Its always fucking trapper and he camps it/puts down a trap.
Fuck you, no serious fuck you and die.
>>
File: 1452454235019.jpg (46 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
1452454235019.jpg
46 KB, 500x379
>lvl 27 Dwight
>Still no ultra rare perks
>>
>>146264857
>more RNG
pls no
>>
Lmao. Tru3cuck fucked himself over big time. Rank 1, prestiged Wraith, but he didn't level up anything else. So now he's at rank 1, prestiged (no perks), and all of his characters are hopeless versus the other high rank players he gets lobbied with.
>>
>>146268925

I've only played 2 games so far, getting used to the skill checks... I find this more frustrating than the killer currently.
>>
>>146264857
Friday the 13th is going to use a stamina bar which when depleted, causes you to make more noise from exhaustion and makes you randomly stumble when running. Pretty good idea I think.
>>
>>146269258
Tbh if he can git gud at Hillbilly nobody could stop him
>>
>>146267196
>asking if you should get glorious pornstache

jeesh, why would you ever ask a question like this?
>>
>>146269342
That sounds like the opposite of an idea I saw on ruddurd

A meter that fills up the longer you're closer to the killer that initially gives you a speed boost but at like 75% causes you to stumble over things instead, at a random chance. Meant to punish survivors staying close to the killer, so only people who stare killers down at windows and crap like that.
>>
FROM NOW FUCKING ON M1 SPAM MEANS "THE CUNT ISN'T LOOKING HERE RIGHT NOW. HURRY THE FUCK UP AND UNHOOK ME YOU IDIOT"

Tell your goddamn friends.
>>
>>146269548

think the streamers already did all of the job promoting that M1 spam is the killer camping your body
>>
>>146269604
Well they're fucking retarded. You don't need to communicate that. Any cunt with half a brain will see or hear the killer if he's camping. What you need is a "This motherfucker just ran off after someone. Hurry the fuck up and get me before he turns back. The time is now cunt stop crouching behind that wall and go"
>>
>>146269351
He sounds like he's about to have a meltdown on stream right now, defending himself from his chat like an absolute mad man.
>>
File: 1432104497096.jpg (12 KB, 277x296) Image search: [Google]
1432104497096.jpg
12 KB, 277x296
>Rank 9 Killer
>Matched up with players who are rank 16~
>Slaughter 2 of them
>The other two get the last 3 gens without me finding them
>Exit opens
>No one escape death activates
>1 shot the remaining survivors before they can open the gate
>About to put the cocky meg on the hook
>DC
>Can't find the Jake that I let crawl around
>Bleeding out, just a sliver before he's about to die
>DC Because he couldn't find the hatch
>mfw

I don't understand why people are THAT desperate to keep their shit ranks. It's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>146269698
desu with that fov change anyone would get fucked up, hitting through windows especially becomes hard
>>
>>146269698

not defending him but having to play perk-less wraith against fully geared survivors for hours until you get your stuff back is legit frustrating - he's handling it better than Bahroo and Fairlight who raged at chat for using the PJSalt emote and have their chats on submode 24/7, getting less subscribers as a result

he just prestiged far too early thinking he'd be able to manage given how well he was doing fully geared
>>
>>146269803
LEAVING MAKES YOU LOSE PIP THEY FIXED IT YOU STUPID FUCKING IDIOTS GOD FUCKING DAMN IT
>>
>>146269865
How does prestige works and what does it do?
>>
>>146270069
Resets your level, keeps your rank. Gives you a shitty skin.
>>
>>146270019
When? There has been no hotfixes or patches since June 17th.
>>
>>146270069

You do it at level 50 - you go back to level 1, lose all perks and get a new icon and new cosmetics for that character.

It's 100% unnecessary gameplay wise IIRC but if you really want to do it, it's advisable to wait until once you've got a pile of bloodpoints for re-teaching vital perks, ie, not basically immediately after reaching 50
>>
>>146270115
What about perks, offerings, etc?
>>
>Some level 1 faggot on the team
>I'm rank 20 having just fallen back from 19
>Killer is rank 12.

Fuck I hate this game.
>>
>>146270195

lose perks since your bloodweb resets, keep offerings IIRC
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 135

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.