[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/dbdg/ Dead by Daylight General #8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 121
File: dbd-newslider-mainbg2.jpg (310 KB, 2000x1142) Image search: [Google]
dbd-newslider-mainbg2.jpg
310 KB, 2000x1142
Old thread: >>145694785

It's a feature edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them
>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.
>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: http://pastebin.com/DDddy4uE (embed)
Pastebin with peek at what's in the full release in terms of levels: http://pastebin.com/FE58REXD (embed)
Pastebin with all of the values for Cheat Engine (perks/items/whatnot): http://pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6 (embed)
>Official site
http://www.deadbydaylight.com/
>Video of the thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGhIXLO3ul8

Steam group soon if someone makes some shitty OC.
>>
Opening a closet to hide in and finding out Meg is in there!
>>
>>145744365
first for claudette
>>
File: 1442693967832.gif (1014 KB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
1442693967832.gif
1014 KB, 245x160
>mfw a wraith let all 3 survivors escape solely so he could camp my body on a hook and and wail at it until I died
>>
I need blood points as fast as possible, what do.
>>
File: 20160615173129_1.jpg (445 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160615173129_1.jpg
445 KB, 1920x1080
>Be killer in lobby
>See hacker
Time to close it and recreate :^)
>>
>>145744515
All Wraiths do that. It's why the Wraith is the least fun killer to play against. Trapper can plant some traps and then walk away. So long as he doesn't go to the other side of the map he can come back in time to take out snagged survivors or replace the guy on the hook with his saviour. Hillybilly can sprint across the map and then come back quickly and interrupt heroics.

All Wraith can do is cloak and camp, and has the least pursuit capability, so every single Wraith camps like crazy. Whether people win against Wraith depends entirely on whether the team is smart enough to consider anyone hooked by Wraith to already be dead.
>>
>>145744648
>hacker
How so?
>>
>>145744717
It's impossible to get that far without hacks in it's current state.
>git gud
You can literally win as survivor, escape at the end and STILL lose a rank pip. It's literally impossible without cheats and exploits.
>>
>>145744768
Even if they max out every single category?
>>
>>145744515
>wraith with insidious perk
>hook a nerd
>bing bong the bell a little and stand still and watch
>someone plays hero
>uncloak, slap him

why yes the two for one special sounds great, what's the soup of the day
>>
>>145744819
If you have insidious why even bother cloaking?
>>
>>145744792
Tod do that you'd have to intentionally get caught and dick around the killer just to farm points, or have teammates intentionally let themselves get injured so you can heal them.
It's funny, the better you are at the game, the less points you get. Same goes for killer, killing the survivors too quickly or efficiently will leave you with less points. There have been multiple times where I've deranked as killer despite having killed every survivor. And I lose them because I apparently killed them too fast.
>>
>>145744907
I've seen people open the exit, and then, even after everyone has escaped, go back to find the killer and fuck with him for more points. Not just taunting him outside the exit, but playing with him for some time.
>>
Why the FUCK do random crows circle above me?
>>
>>145744882
that's the point, ding the bell to make them think you're cloaking (doesn't interrupt insidious) and sit there and watch them try to go for the cheeky save

wraith is bad, but he's the most fun imo
>>
>>145744948
That's so risky though, because if he catches you that's it, you'll de-rank.
>>
>>145744997
You said uncloak though.
>>
>>145744907
Rushiz is legit

played with him a bunch (as the killer, seems like i'm the only one capable of killing him since he's always gone up in rank each time i see him).

i mean he's not mlg pro but he'll always escape against any killer that isn't me apparently (and even then he's escaped me more than i've killed him).
>>
File: 20160617103204_1.jpg (350 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160617103204_1.jpg
350 KB, 1920x1080
>This faggot thought he was hot shit tea-bagging the hatch
lmao
>>
>>145744907
>>145745126
>>145744648
Rushiz is rank 1 now
>>
>>145744952

Are you standing in one place for too long?

If you are, you're a shitter and the crow goods are pointing you out for it.
>>
>>145745193
brb reporting him
Really hope they do something about the hackers soon.
>>
File: EXIT.jpg (175 KB, 541x649) Image search: [Google]
EXIT.jpg
175 KB, 541x649
>>145744462
>>
>>145745267
what do you even mean by hacking here?

you can't hack your ranks and he didn't transfer over his blood points from the beta since i played with him when he was rank 19 low level claudette

he just plays constantly.
>>
>>145745332
Prove it by showing his profile.
>>
File: rushiz.png (50 KB, 635x145) Image search: [Google]
rushiz.png
50 KB, 635x145
>>145745392
this?
>>
I'm honestly amazed these threads are still active

I figured this game would be niche as fuck and wouldn't have an audience, especially on 4chan.
>>
>>145745186
i grabbed someone last second too right as they entered the hatch (they were camping it letting there teammates die)

also Hillbillyo best killer.
>>
>>145744768
Why lie?
>>
>>145745186

I don't teabag killers

I know how frustrating it can get when you have a bad kill
>>
File: 20160617162039_1.jpg (258 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160617162039_1.jpg
258 KB, 1920x1080
>>145745583
>>
>>145745740
Did you miss the part where they said you have to play around with the killer?

Unfortunately with the way the system works currently you're forced to actually interact with your team and killer, if you just ghost it you're pretty much fucked.
>>
>>145745651
>chasing a guy around the map
>right on his heels, but I let him run so I can get those sweet hunter points
>he hops through a window
>I rev my chainsaw at him and run around
>he hops through again
>teabags
motherfucker do you honestly think I can't catch you
>>
>>145745740
so you didn't get enough points

go juke the killer/save someone

the game literally does not care what you do in the game as long as you reach the point limits as survivor or killer

I've had three people escape as killer and gained rank

I've died as survivor and gained rank

escaping is not a win state it's just +5000 points.
>>
Before the start of every match, I inform everyone of some basic communication tools

1) Not struggling on the hook means I'm safe for a rescue
2) Repeated mini struggles means I'm being camped, fuck off and get generators
3) If I'm in phase 2 and you're too far away, just get the generators. Especially if I alerted you previously about camping. I will struggle till the end to buy time.
4) If you do a full struggle, I will not rescue you.
5) If you or I are injured and I teabag while you're working on a generator, stop for heal before you complete the generator

These simple rules helps me communicate with my team. Too bad they're still idiots.
>>
There have been reports of cosmetics being inside of mystery boxes. I wonder how true that is
>>
>>145745912
waste of time since newbies or shitters will be so shit that none of that will make a difference and if you're playing with decent survivors they'll know when to heal/save/handle themselves just fine.
>>
Ebin OC coming through

Tripwire

>Skill
Carries around 4 hard to spot wires attached to two rusted rods.

-The wire spans the width of a door or narrow passage

-Causes survivors but not killers to trip and stumble, slowing them down for a few seconds

-Addons add functionality to the wire. i.e. can hold a pallet down if a survivor tries to drop it.

-Can be 'attached' to a window. The animation places it a foot away from a window. Any survivor juking from wire to window goes face first into the edge and causes a sound bubble. Survivor is stunned for a second.

-Killer nerfs zerk for no reason instead of fixing his game

>Cons:

Can't be placed in open areas
Limited number
Doesn't incapacitate or injure

>Pros:
Harder to spot than bear traps
Quicker to set up
Addons allow you to outsmart pallet nerds
Stealthily counters windows
>>
File: two morons.webm (977 KB, 850x414) Image search: [Google]
two morons.webm
977 KB, 850x414
Posting my mad master plays.
>>
I got this "hit 11 people out of cloak" ritual.

It's gay as fuck, Wraith is so fucking bad.
>>
>>145746307
>do something similar once
>get jammed between killer and wall
>get fucking sliced
>>
Guys, great idea here, what if Monstrous Shrine applied to ALL hooks?
>>
>>145745994
Pretty sure the only cosmetics at the moment are the bloody versions of default, which you get for reaching max rank/level.
>>
>>145744768
I am rank 11 as killer right now, wraith all the way. Seem to get a diamond every round. Although with the last survivor if I can afford to I cloak and uncloak in front of him repeatedly, you can max out devious blood points this way, that probably contributes some.
>>
>Get higher shadowborne perk, field of view is slightly wider
>when cloaked you can see the edges of what your normal vision would be
>field of view is at least 20% more

Most OP perk so far, so many survivors try to do that trick where they run around a corner and crouch, and I can barely see them. IDK if it widens my red light though.
>>
>>145746307

This happened to me today

Because of the camera angle on the killer perspective, he thought I was on the other side and he broke the palette to get through.

I was behind him the entire time and slowly walked away into some bushes. Never saw him after that.

Supreme nukes.
>>
>>145746607
Killer is different. I'm 15 myself but killer is a lot easier to rank up than survivor.
>>
>>145746261
this is the second time i've seen a killer idea that is basically bear traps but not as good
>>
>>145747045
The thing about sidegrades is that it's hard to get a good balance without being a reskinned original or over/under powered.

Either way, I tried.
>>
>know exactly where the hatch is
>sitting right on top of it
>survivor is already up to it and through by the time my decloak finishes

I'm pretty sure they didn't even playtest this crap.
>>
File: kill self.jpg (199 KB, 1024x749) Image search: [Google]
kill self.jpg
199 KB, 1024x749
>am tool box shitter taking down hooks and bear traps at speed of light
>Trappers sees this and makes bee line to me
>bait him into the juke house see him drop a trap at the window and loop to other side
>it was trap
>grabs me drops and just beats me to death
>he was rank two killer level 32

Have no words for this.
>>
>>145747365
I once chainsawed a cunt running to it but he JUST touched it while incapped, which let him escape. Even if the killer guards it, the survivor will always have the upperhand.
>>
Why is every survivor a teabagging shitlord?
>>
>Incapped some tryhard teabagging faggot
>He miraculously stands back up and escapes
They seriously need to fix this shit.
>>
>>145747365
If you want to be meta when it comes to the last two just knock them one down and hang the other. Turn your sound way up so you can hear the whimpers of the one on the ground.

If you cant find him just guard the hatch till he dies.
>>
File: 1442799566203.gif (364 KB, 535x535) Image search: [Google]
1442799566203.gif
364 KB, 535x535
Female killer

W
H
E
N
?
!
>>
God matchmaking is fucking shit right now. Why does it stop trying to find people for your room after like 3 minutes.
>>
>>145748169
>tfw I literally have had no matachmaking problems in 15 hours of play
Not even one of those steam forum shitters who refuse to acknowledge game problems. Where are you guys located?
>>
>>145748130
I would be for a medusa/witch type killer. When you look at her with the camera it zooms in on her face, she screams and slows you, if injured your paralyzed. Have her right click radius her terror radius to 0, but she goes at around half speed.
>>
>3 level 10 survivors and a level 5
>catch 3 of them trying to repair a generator
>hook one of them and set a trap
>stand around the corner of the house and listen for them
>saviour gets trapped and the unhook one gets away
>hook the saviour and go around the corner of the house
>this ends up being the whole game
>hook kill 3 of them on the same hook
>left the last one to bleed out on the floor near it

Goddamn, the killer is so satisfying
>>
>>145746524
Some guy posted a dwight cosmetic in the last thread which was basically the manager vest but blue instead of brown
>>
>>145748130
>tfw you will never get hooked by a female killer
Why even juke?
>>
>>145748429
>When you look at her with the camera it zooms in on her face

you played STALKER didn't you?
>>
The devs seriously need to do something about the hackers, this shit is getting so fucking out of hand.
>>
Why the fuck am I leveling down after won two games in row as a killer? Is this a bug?
>>
>>145749171
You sure it's hacking? Because there are plenty of bugs that make it seem like hacking.
>>
>>145749551
http://imgur.com/a/vOOUv
Hack that prevented me from picking her up, so she was able to crawl to the exit.
>>
>>145749510
How many points did you get?
>>
>>145749583
That is a known bug. Looks like she just got lucky. Usually it ends with them bleeding o
>>
>>145749583
That's a bug anon, I've gotten it too once.

I have no idea what causes it to be honest.
>>
>>145749601
Killed three survivors and got around 8k both games. I lost a pip in each one.
>>
>>145749673
whoops
*bleeding out because nobody can heal them or interact with them in any way
>>
>>145749718
You need 10k points to get a diamond
>>
>>145749673
>>145749691
Why do the devs refuse to fix it?
>>
>>145749874
So I pretty much ranked down because I didn't get the last guy or hooked someone multiple times. Cool
>>
>>145749718
You should be getting over 10k points with 3 dead, I have gotten over 10k with 2 dead and some shenanigans
>>
>>145750053
Yeah you need to chase them around and beat them up. Let them heal themselves and beat them up again. Let them pull each other off the hooks. That's how you get a lot of points.
>>
Alright spill the beans

How do i cheat
>>
>>145745567
It's probably only a dozen of us actually posting in here. You can tell who certain fuckers are because they keep reposting their webms. Some of them were good for a first time watch, the others weren't worth whatever amount of time it takes to make them.

But for why the threads are so active it's just because the game is so good. Unlike most other competitive games and you know you're losing, you have to slog through the rest of the match unless you want some type of penalty.
This you can lose like thirty seconds in and can be in another match in the next thirty. Even though the game can be frustrating to the point that one retard in a previous thread saying he might break stuff the fact we can rapidly get another chance of that sweet taste of victory so quickly is what keeps us playing. It also helps that pretty much everything you do feels clutch in this game.

>Jukehouse the fuck out of a killer to distract him while your team mate escapes?
Clutch.
>Pull someone off a hook against a camper killer you stunned with a pallet?
Clutch.
>Repair a entire generator without the killer ever coming near you?
Clutch and wew I'm totally so stealthy.
>>
>>145750515
I really shouldn't be leveling down though. It should at least stay the same.
>>
>>145750037
They are jacking off at E3
>>
>>145750558
I think you buy one of those helium tanks from amazon
>>
>>145750558
Step 1: Suck a dick.
Step 2: Die.
Step 3: Repeat steps 1 & 2.
>>
>>145750615
I agree with you there
>>
Killer idea

Scarecrow

Scarecrows are randomly placed around the map

M2 allows you to looks cycle through the placed Scarecrows and activating will allow you to possess the selected scarecrow

10 second cooldown and each time you possess a scarecrow, it'll be destroyed after

Standing still for several seconds and you will enter a statue-like pose. The giveaway is that you're not perched on a stand, so if the Survivors are close they'll know it's you.
>>
>>145749008
Actually no, but I do remember a webm where some mutant did that
>>
>>145750053
Kinda. You can only rank or derank, there's no in between. For ranking, you need 10k points.

The thing is you can only get 5k points in each category. Hunting is basically impossible, you only get points for it for finding survivors (a mere 100 points) and following them around, which is even less points. Brutality requires you to actually hit them, but hits only count for 250 points each. Deviousness requires you to use your special abilities to get survivors, such as traps. Finally the sacrifice thing requires you to sacrifice.

If you get all four survivors on hooks you'll only get 5k points out of that. So what often ends up happening against bad survivors is you find them (400 and change for 4 survivors), beat them down (2 hits each for 250 so 2k total) and hook them all (5k points). Problem is, that's only 8k points tops, which will derank you. Even if a few survivors get off hooks you'll still get 1k to 1.5k points at most from the chase and hits, which will point you somewhere in the 9k range which, again, will derank you.

If you're really concerned with ranking up play Wraith. Wraith gets a massive bonus for hitting a survivor after uncloaking, like 750 Deviousness points or something, so after just four hits you've got an extra 3k points. Even if you only manage to sacrifice two or three you can still make up the needed points as long as you were actively chasing and hitting people.
>>
>>145751129
>self-care
This is the most stupidly broken dumb shit that has ever existed.
>>
>>145751678
Most of the teachable perks are broken as fuck

>sprint burst
Can't catch me
>self heal
Can't down me
>saboteur
Ayy no hooks no traps
>>
>>145751129
>Hunting is basically impossible, you only get points for it for finding survivors (a mere 100 points) and following them around, which is even less points
You get a bunch of Hunting points for pulling people out of closets. Like 600 I think. That's pretty rare though.
>>
Just got out of a game vs HB.
One guy got mowed down and hooked, the other two guys ran in to save him and got chainsaw'd themselves.
One guy got off and was glitched-floating carried body? so I fucked around until HB came after me
Turns out he could still repair shit and whatnot, had no idea. Sorry for giving up so quick, Dwight.
>>
>>145751909
How often do people actually hide in closets though?
>>
File: 87654323567.png (199 KB, 376x386) Image search: [Google]
87654323567.png
199 KB, 376x386
HAS ANYONE FOUND ANY COSMETICS YET
>>
File: 1464553652296.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1464553652296.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>Mfw finally set up a macro to spam spacebar and a/d wiggle for me

This game just became 10 times more bearable
>>
>>145753331
You mean the only cosmetics? You get variants of their default covered in blood. Need to prestige first before finding any.
>>
File: srs m8.jpg (61 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
srs m8.jpg
61 KB, 1024x768
>running around cloaked as Wraith
>catch one of the last survivors hiding in the corn
>DING DING a little to spook him
>he doesn't move
>maybe he didn't see me
>walk to his other side
>DING DING
>just fucking sitting there
>fully uncloak and smack his ass
>finally he runs off

How can you be this stupid?
>>
Autohaven wreckers is easily the worst map in the game.

Killer has zero chance against anyone not braindead.
>>
File: lrkFT8W.jpg (165 KB, 1062x1062) Image search: [Google]
lrkFT8W.jpg
165 KB, 1062x1062
>main Wraith as the Killer
>LITERALLY THE WORST KILLER
>faggots literally troll the entire time by window hopping repeatedly in abuse spots
>can't do shit bc MUH SLOW STEP MUH ANIMATIONS
>go after others and catch one or two
>they already unlocked 4 gens by the time I get one bc MUH WINDOW/BARRICADE TROLLING

I FUCKING SWEAR TO GOD THEY BETTER FIX THIS SHIT SOON BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING BROKEN AS SHIT

YOU FAGGOTS WHO ABUSE WINDOW AND CADES I WILL FUCKING RAPE YOUR MOM AND SIS BRUV I SWEARS IT
>>
File: 20060506.jpg (104 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
20060506.jpg
104 KB, 595x842
>>145754084
It would be easy to fix, 3 vaults in under lets say 10-15 seconds makes you slip and fall, giving the killer enough time to get you
>>
>>145754084
i don't even attempt to escape from Wraith/Hillbilly

I just go to the nearest juke spot and stay there until they give up
>>
>>145754084
I'm betting they won't fix Wraith at all because his design itself doesn't suit the game.

He just has no way of instantly downing people or keeping them on hooks, which means if you actually want to kill people you're forced to camp them.
>>
>>145754206
Tbh I think they should make it like the hooks
>1 in 4 chances to slip n fall during vaulting or dropping barricades
>animation length set same as killer window/cade animation

BOOM FAGGOT WINDOW SPAMMED BE FUCKED YO

it's such a bullshit system only the trapper can deal with these cucks
>>
>>145753729
Someone posted a Dwight in a blue waistcost instead of brown the other day
>>
I cannot find a fucking lobby all of a sudden?

I look for a lobby and I just sit there with waiting for a bit, then it kicks me back to join a lobby.

What the fuck is going on? I already restarted the game.
>>
FUCKING DISCONNECTING SHITTERS MADE ME ONLY GET 9891 POINTS AND I RANKED DOWN REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>145754543
Speaking of ranked

Does anyone else agree that the ranking system is autistic?

You could do amazing but derank for literally no reason other then DIDN'T STALK THE SURVIVOR LONG ENOUGH or DIDN'T GO INTO THE BASEMENT LONG ENOUGH etc. Yet you could kill all 4 survivors and derank/escape with multiple gens or saves.

Where is the consistency? Also why the fuck does it say victory if your fucking deranking? What?
>>
>>145754716
No I like the ranking system. Encourages killers to be like movie monsters.
>>
>>145754798
Rank for the killer is a shit atm though because of the window/cade abuse. The only killer that can properly do ranked is the trapper which is dull
>>
File: meatshield.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
meatshield.webm
3 MB, 900x506
i got you dwight
>>
>>145754852
>which is dull
90% of killers are wraith for some reason
>>
Fuck the wraith, having no heartbeat is absolutely bullshit. I never get caught by any other killer
>>
>>145754943
I'm glad I can liven things up with a chainsaw then. VROOM VROOM
>>
>>145753835
I'd play hillbilly more if it wasn't for that map.
>>
>>145754943
Really? Wraith is awful though
>>
>>145754871
Why do people bother posting webms of playing against a Wraith?

He's such an awful killer that you should absolutely escape unless you majorly fuck up. Claiming you're good when playing against a Wraith is like claiming you're good at chess because you beat a retarded three year old.
>>
>>145754984
When the wraith is visible he has no heartbeat?
>>
>>145755258
This.

The wraith is the slowest killer unless invisible which is also fucking useless because of the 4 SECOND DECLOAK MEME

Also has no option to stop you from window hopping or spam cading trick spots unlike the trapper and Hbilly

His passives are utter shit that just make it to where you can feel his """"terror"""" farther away and can see footsteps longer

It's just an awful killer all around, you can literally outrun most wraiths without a passive and his animations are fucking super long.

Until they fix cade/window abusing and buff the wraith he is objectively the worst killer and easiest to counter
>>
>>145754984
Normal killer
>Fixing generator
>Start hearing heartbeats
>Hide behind something nearby
>He wanders around for a bit then fucks off

Wraith
>Fixing generator
>No heartbeats
>Out of nowhere bells start ringing
>Wraith is right next to me
>Get a small headstart about the equivalent of vaulting one window
>He eventualy catches up and gets at least one hit in

Wraith throws the rulebook out the window. Since you all seem to think hes so terrible can anyone give me some tips?
>>
>>145755525
You can see him easy even when he's invis. He has predator cloak so all you need to do is look for a tall, dark, shimmering figure and not hug it. Wraith also has no way to counter juke shack of cheesy pallet hopping. He has to DING DING DONG to go in and out of invis so make sure you keep track of it. Last but not least, don't be retarded.
>>
>>145755525
Use your eyes since his invisibility is more of a active camo from MGS or Predator

Bam, Wraith has to chase you longer and probably will give up 99% of the time.
>>
>>145755525
as soon as you see him nearing you while he's cloaked or start to hear his growling it's time to book it

find a window he can't easily go back and forth around and then just stay there until he gets annoyed and fucks off (same applies to Hillbilly)

There is absolutely nothing Hillbilly and Wraith can do to you if you're sitting at a window with a wall too wide to quickly go around.
>>
Is the base movement speed of the hillbilly slower than the trapper? Had a stupid survivor running in circles around some crates and I couldn't catch up.
>>
>>145755525
When the bell rings the wraith goes to a dead stop. It takes 3-4 seconds to decloak. Just run to barricades or windows and just abuse the windows until he fucking rages and leaves. That's it.

Their is a perk that let's you see a fucking killer when he looks at you which makes the wraith cucked to shit, also a perk that gives you a 5 second map awareness of any killer when you do all the generators.

Bring a med kit with you and play the window game with the wraith. By the time he is raging over your faggotry your team will have had 5 gens down and all leaving giving you time to leave. It's that easy. It's literally brain dead easy

You will learn that maining a killer will show you what the flaws are early on from good exploiting cuck players
>>
>>145755823
Wraith and Hbilly have slower turning speed.
>>
>down three survivors
>one leaves right as I pick him up
>the other glitches right as I pick him up and now I can't move
Fucking hell.
>>
>>145754871
You are lucky he did'nt have the perk that makes you downed when he hits players after the gates can be opened.
>>
Reminder: If his username contains his twitch, leave him on the hook to bitch
>>
File: flawlessvictory.jpg (114 KB, 846x602) Image search: [Google]
flawlessvictory.jpg
114 KB, 846x602
Serial killers HATE him. This one quirky trick got him a perfect match and TONS of bloodpoints.
>>
>>145756505
Ahahahaha ahhhhh
>>
>>145744648
>see persons name
>god damn that name looks familiar
>log into steam
>RUSHIZ playing Warframe
Not sure if hes a hacker or not ive been playing quite a bit on and off and ive seens him on Dead by daylight a lot, he was on it for like 24 hours straight when it released.
>>
Handy tip for ranking up: If your pips aren't saving at the end of the game, make sure you leave the game BEFORE the killer does (And vice versa if you are playing killer). Something about the other team leaving first fucks the game up for some reason.
>>
HOW TO RANK UP AS SURVIVOR

LEAVE GAME BEFORE KILLER DOES
>>
>>145754871
Nice, thought maybe I was the only body blocker. Some times it doesn't work though, like I'll be running parallel to the fucking killer and just can't get in front of him to save the half healther.
>>
>>145756720
What does leaving do? Just gives you more xp?
>>
>>145756889
rank has nothing to do with xp. if you leave before killer you get to keep the pips you earn
>>
>>145756979
Oh nice. Leaving at the end of every game now
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10502307
>>
Rusty chain is bugged.

If you down someone with the chainsaw, they can't get back up. When you heal a downed survivor, it gets stuck at 50%.
>>
File: Ding Dong Dwight Time.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Ding Dong Dwight Time.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>
Does anyone else just leave on the wreckers map with the jukehouse with 3 windows all next to each other? Really just cannot be bothered to play with it.
>>
File: really.gif (891 KB, 325x252) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
891 KB, 325x252
>>145757245
>3 survivors in 1 spot
>barely hits one
>thinks hes good enough to post a Webm
>>
File: 1465898518484.png (52 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1465898518484.png
52 KB, 500x366
>>145757461
>think the wraith can do anything else that's useful

Anon i...
>>
File: salute.jpg (24 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
salute.jpg
24 KB, 500x334
>>145754871
>This guy
>>
>>145757442
Is that what that piece of shit map is called? Why in the fuck did they design a building with literally 3 windows side by side with a huge fucking wall in between?

I swear they were drunk and thought it'd be funny to watch the killers rage
>>
>autohaven wreckers
Fuck it, I'm just leaving if I'm killer here, unless they're completely fucking retarded there's zero chance of killing anyone.
>>
>>145757442
If they go there and start teabagging after they have gate open I will leave.
>>
>daily ritual
>rescue 7 survivors from hooks
>every killer camps the hook
is there any way to skip daily rituals? like does the greyed out X become available when you have three or something?
>>
>>145757461
webm was just because suddenly three dwights

>barely hits one
what does this even mean, what was i supposed to do, not hit them?

I wiped them that game anyway since i'm a rank 7 killer autist but i've only played trapper until now.
>>
how to teabag? post webm
>>
>>145757936
Prove it

I know for a fact you are not a rank 7 wraith killer. You are shit
>>
>>145758020
i literally just said i've only played trapper until now
>>
>>145758073
That's the only way to get to that rank imo. You will drop as the wraith
>>
File: wraith.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wraith.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>145754984
>>145755525
Whats up with all this wraith hate?
I do fairly well with him, I play him exclusively, I have done hillbilly a couple times and trapper in beta. Granted window jukers give me a hard time but I still manage to get them time to time.I do have very good internet so maybe the edge in latency is what does it? There is one area window area I absolutely hate, give you a hint its not in autohaven junker.

I was playing survivor for a bit and every wraith I run in to does it wrong
Dont camp hooks, you can run across the map fast some one unhooking another is not fixing gens
When there is 1 gen left and depending on how spread out they are you can easily run back and forth to all of em
Knocking people down is some times good enough, I have caught people fixing gens because they thought I was gonna hook the guy first
Decloak out of sight, frequently get people run around a corner only to run in to me
In lobby look for the most experienced player, if its a bunch of lvl 1's and some level 15 you should focus him given the chance
>>
Which one is better to use, Agitation or Iron Grip?
>>
>>145758246
eh i've won that game with the webm and another after it

if i see a high level meg/claudette then i'll just swap to Trapper

>>145758286
Agitation in most scenarios since less travel time to hook means more time doing other things
>>
>>145758251
What perks are those? Wtf is that red one niggah?
>>
>>145758402
probably shadowborn which increases your FoV a pretty big amount and 'clears' your vision a bit (less visual noise)

crow one just gives a notification whenever someone disturbs crows in a fairly large area around you (startling them yourself also does it)

other one is extremely slightly increased attack speed/recovery
>>
Fellow macro bros. Has anyone managed to set up a wiggle macro?

This is what mine looks like at the moment but it doesn't work. I've tried the delay faster/slower but it still doesn't do anything
>>
>>145758572
You need a delay between down and up.
>>
>>145758670
That would make sense, I've never tried to macro before this game.

How big should the delay be do you think?
>>
>>145758251
>Rank 10 wraith

Literally how
>>
>>145758854
There's rank 1 wraiths on twitch
>>
>>145758879
Hackers. Literally impossible
>>
File: JAKEASS.png (61 KB, 386x405) Image search: [Google]
JAKEASS.png
61 KB, 386x405
>>145757461
>>145758020
>>145758246
Can you stop sperging the fuck out?
I imagine you might be a cool dude but who gives a fuck if he's good? To me anyway it was apparent he made it because they huddled up like a bunch of lemmings or it was after the half time at the super bowl.

Just chill.
Grab your sidechick Meg, bring her to the basement of the traphouse and then show her your bloody disgusting mixtape with the mean hooks.
I JUST MADE A U N D E R A T E D POST
>>
>>145758959
bait
>>
File: 1462909573369.jpg (11 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1462909573369.jpg
11 KB, 251x242
>>145758879
Yeah hacking is a thing
>>
>>145759048
Do we have a DbD version of the bait maymay?
>>
>>145758572
kys
>>
Ya all these, unrelenting sucks though I don't have, the cool down is like 9% less if you miss and 6% less if you hit some one.

I can only imagine how good some of the cross abilities would be good on this. Shadowborn is probably the most Op trait I know of
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (272 KB, 1125x591) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
272 KB, 1125x591
>>145758735
Like .06 for each press is fine. The one before this I tried to make .03-04 each and I don't know if that was what fucked it up but it didn't work.
>>
>>145744648
>A LEVEL 19 IS A HACKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you're a faggot, uninstall the game
>>
File: 1466072972705.jpg (52 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
1466072972705.jpg
52 KB, 600x480
>saving someone from basement hook as last left vs trapper
>mfw dodging 3 traps afterwards and both escaping successfully
>>
File: 1464186864151.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1464186864151.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>145758879
Lol so they use a hack on stream?
>>
>>145758572
Have you tried chopping your dick off? I think that might do the trick.
>>
Do the add-ons for Killers ever get used up since they can't "die"?
>>
File: 1456308546841.gif (436 KB, 182x179) Image search: [Google]
1456308546841.gif
436 KB, 182x179
>>145754871
>>
File: 1466022268928.jpg (42 KB, 637x438) Image search: [Google]
1466022268928.jpg
42 KB, 637x438
It's a "If you're not getting generators no one is getting generators" episode
>>
>>145755451
People mostly play him just to spam bell in front of hooked survivor and farm bloodpoints, it gives +250 per decloak
>>
Can private lobby start with just 2 players? Can you select a map? I've got 20 minutes till refund is invalid, and I'd like to check if the massive performance drop since beta is fixed with the early patches.
>>
>game lasts exactly two minutes before everyone gets downed
>>
>not playing wraith with insidious
>not ringing the bell so you get all the bing bong bings for a cloak but actually you're just standing still and going into insidious and waiting for some guy to assume you're invis harassing generators to save a hooked survivor

works too well
>>
>>145760096
>30secs in
>1 on the hook struggling
>1 on the ground
>1 in the closet with crows on top

:^)
>>
File: 1458843044639.jpg (84 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1458843044639.jpg
84 KB, 960x720
not sure if wraith really is bad or this general is just full of shitters
>>
>>145758286
Both.
>>
trapper is best killer. wraith and hillbilly is equal shit
>>
>hook someone
>set down two traps in the grass next to the hook and fuck off elsewhere
>the hero and the hooked each walk into different traps at exactly the same time
oh god I think I came a little.
>>
>>145760334
It is. Trapper and Hillbilly both have good abilities that can be used to decimate the survivors if used correctly.

The Wraith relies solely on retarded survivors not to see you while invisible, not to hear you uncloaking behind them, and not to SEE you uncloaking behind them. To top it off, he's pretty slow.
>>
>>145759528
Killer addons are one-use.
>>
Holy shit, just played as a survivor on that map with the bunker that has 3 windows in a row across a massive wall, what the fuck were they thinking?

Juked the killer back and forth through the windows for a solid 3 minutes while everyone else got generators, then i used my Meg speedperk to fuck off to the exit.
>>
Finally got a skelly key but too afraid to use it.
>>
Are there any cosmetics for the killers?
>>
>get to rank 12 killer within first 48 hours
>impossible to rank up any furthers as everyone just leaves now
I feel fucking lucky every time i'm able to get someone on a hook before they leave
>>
File: hatch-spawn.jpg (2 MB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
hatch-spawn.jpg
2 MB, 1280x1440
>>145760629
reminder that you need two generators online to open the hatch
>>
>>145760587
I'm not even sure there are enough traps on the map to fully seal up that juke house. It's fucking awful.
>>
>>145760869
Diddly desu, I'm at 8 and 2 pipperoonis.

I don't know why I don't have more leaving. I let the last survivor squirm loose several times and funnel them into traps for more points, but they stay.
>>
>>1457608845
Is the hatch visible when the game begins?
Have played a lot of games and haven't heard any of the audio ques that I'm near it.
>>
>>145761236
yes it's visible but it's closed and there's no audio cue until it opens
>>
>>145761361
Wrong, it has an audio cue when you have <2 generators online but is invisible.
>>
>>145761236
Tip number 1:
Yes they spawn randomly PER GAME, not randomly around the map.
Or so that has been my experience all day and throughout the BETA.

Tip 2:
You need at least 2 generators up and running to guarantee a high chance of the spawn of an escape hatch.

Tip 3:
Everybody but you needs to die.

Tip 4:
Escape hatches generally (Not always) spawn very close to the main 2 story buildings of the map.
On rare occasions it can spawn inside the building.

Tip 5:
There's only 1 escape hatch.

Tip 6:
The killer can catch you mid animation jumping into the hatch.
They're also likely to camp the hatch if they're not dumb.
Let's just hope they don't find it, or you.

Tip 7: You can use a skeleton key to open the hatch if you're able to find it before hand and have the set amount of generators running.
I have not seen if everybody has to die/leave in this case.

Tip 8: You can hear the hatch open if you happen to be near by when the last person dies.
>>
File: 1466116187197.jpg (207 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1466116187197.jpg
207 KB, 1920x1080
Not my screenshot, but how come the skulls are different for two of them?
>>
>>145761604
shit, that sounds difficult. only time i saw a hatch was when when all gennies were down and we had two people left. somehow the hatch opened up right next to the exit.
>>
>>145761710
dead from bleeding out vs dead from hook
>>
>>145758286
You take both and take everyone to the fun house.
>>
>>145761761

Is that if they get downed / incapacitated and aren't rescued and/or healed for the full duration of the red bar?
>>
Last guy I was hooking DC'd now hes just a black phantom stuck on it. Game wont end, any way to fix this?
>>
There seems to be a misconception here about Wraith and how it's hard to rank up. It's actually the opposite, the wraith is the easiest to rank up for one specific reason: You get huge bonuses for hitting people shortly after you uncloak, which will often give you enough points to break 10k.
>>
>>145762046
Pull up the hub and crank one out.

Game should time out eventually. Or you can just quit.
>>
>>145761491
>I found basement absence
The hatch is visible
>>
>>145762046
He didn't DC. The game glitched for him, and he's stuck in there. He's still ingame, eventually he'll give up waiting for you to leave and leave himself.
>>
File: don't panic.png (2 MB, 1301x1061) Image search: [Google]
don't panic.png
2 MB, 1301x1061
PANIC
>>
>>145762341
>I found basement absence
wat

also it's invisible until you have two generators online, I have personally tested this

if you don't believe, find a screenshot of the hatch with no generators up
>>
>>145762341
as others have said it's invisible until there are two generators left
i've had it spawn right in front of me ~3 times
>>
>>145762341
It's invisible even if you're the last one alive unless you meet the criteria >>145761604

see

>>145760884
>>
>>145761761
It's also the same Icon for a D/C
>>
Had two games where I tried to tame the survivors

>First game
>Not hooking survivors
>Let two bleed out
>Last two are Dwight and a downed Meg
>Bring Meg to a genny to lure out Dwight
>When he arrives I down him
>Indicate I want him to repair the genny while he wiggles free
>Escapes
>Immediately runs to meg
>Down him and repeat
>Next time he tried to run
>Rinse and repeat
>He finally gives in and repairs the genny infront of a dying meg
>Take him to the other 3
>Take him to the exit gate
>Let him crawl out

The next one involved claudette but she was being a major nigger and kept running to the escape hatch
>>
I kinda wish you could control what maps you go to, I hate playing on Autohaven because it's basically a free win for survivors.
>>
>>145754943
I chainsaw. It's far more entertaining than gimmicky stealth. Maybe it's not as strong as trapper; I still like it more because I get to chainsaw the normies.
>>
>>145763007
Offerings?
>>
File: dc.jpg (28 KB, 256x245) Image search: [Google]
dc.jpg
28 KB, 256x245
>>145762980
u wot
>>
>>145763109
It doesn't always work, especially the low level ones.
>>
File: 1465895527373.jpg (38 KB, 1003x527) Image search: [Google]
1465895527373.jpg
38 KB, 1003x527
>>145763240
>tfw always use azeroth's key in KYF mode
>friends don't play with me anymore
>>
I know the play with your food theory, but does it make sense to full camp one person, then have fun with he rest of them?
>>
>>145763129
A leave then?
>>
Reminder that Wraith did nothing wrong and just wants you to leave.
>>
File: stare.gif (504 KB, 400x192) Image search: [Google]
stare.gif
504 KB, 400x192
>kill all four people
>go DOWN in rank

Fuck this. They want you to toy with the survivors but if I try and do that then the rest go form a toolbox repair and sabotage brigade. I don't want to camp hooks either but if I don't then whoever I hooked gets saved 100% of the time and in the time it takes to find them again three more generators get fixed

what the fuck do I do
>>
>>145763797

You play hillbilly.
>>
>>145763865
but I hate hillbilly
>>
>three people joined my lobby about twenty minutes ago
>no one gets ready
>but no one leaves
>and no one joins
this is more spooky than the actual game.
>>
>>145762418
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6-ZGAGcJrk that better be all you listen to while you play.
>>
>>145763929
Well you clearly suck at whoever you're currently playing.
>>
>>145763929
You play trapper and don't trap right next to a hook but in bushes around 10m away from it instead (but also where people would go for gens). Then you hook people there.
>>
>>145763995
>>145764034

I play trapper and trap a lot of people, it's how I get half my kills. Apparently though killing them isn't enough, what else do I have to do?
>>
>>145764094
Place a ton more traps, chase more, break pallets.

All of thise give points.
>>
>>145763865
pls do this so i get free ranks
>>
>>145764160
I did all of that in the game I just had where they all died and I went down in rank. I spent most of the time chasing people, I put people on hooks like 5 times, broke at least 3 pallets, placed at least 6 traps and caught someone in them more than once. I even found someone hiding in a shed. There was a hacking Jake that I technically didn't kill since he rage quit as I was picking him up but it said he bled out instead of disconnected and the end game screen said he died too so I would imagine it counted.

I'm completely at a loss as to how I can improve my score
>>
>>145764094
Take the last survivor to the dungeon and drop him on the ground. Go upstairs and place a few traps in places, leaving at least one "easy" exit for them to take.
Pick em back up and let them struggle so yoh can start chasing. If they refuse to struggle, just hop into your own trap.
>>
>>145764376

But only one guy gets away every time I play because finding the last guy as hillbilly is the only hard thing :^)
>>
>being hillbilly
>not scouting which generators have easy cross the map chainsaw paths
SHYGDDT
>>
do the add ons that increase trap setting speed actually work?

I feel like they apply to the very first trap i set and then the rest of them are just normal speed, even though it says it applies to every trap.
>>
>>145763587
Full camping anyone is just asking for the survivors to repair a ton of generators.
I just go in with the assumption I'll need to hook a person more than once to effectively kill everyone.
>>
i fucking hate forest map to biased to killers
>>
>>145765271
Someone hasn't gone to Coldwind yet.
>>
>>145765423
i rather play farm
>>
>>145765517
Not him but i fucking hate the farm fucking corn fields can suck my dick. Forrest > Wreckers > a square room with 3 windows and a door with someone to pulled down >getting kicked in the dick > Cornfield.
>>
>>145765191
Yeah, seems glitched.
>>
>>145765723
>Forrest > Wreckers
are you retarded?
>>
>>145766060
Don't get me wrong the wreckers is a great map i love it i just like the forest just a little bit better.
>>
>>145766216
You only play survivor don't you?
>>
>>145766291
Actually trapper and very rarely dwight.
>>
In terms of difficulty for the Killer, from hardest to easiest

For Wraith: Wreckers >>>>> Macmillan > Cornfield

For Trapper: Wreckers >> Cornfield/Macmillan

For Hillbilly: Wreckers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Macmillan >>> Cornfield

this is objective fact and indisputable
>>
>>145764517
I'll try that out. Thanks anon
>>
File: 1440292764795.jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1440292764795.jpg
47 KB, 500x375
>>145766546
>played a game as killer earlier today
>two offerings
>"slightly increases the chance of spawning in autoville wreckers"
>"moderately increases the chance of spawning in autoville wreckers"
>end up in autoville wreckers
>>
File: [despair's externally].jpg (43 KB, 322x293) Image search: [Google]
[despair's externally].jpg
43 KB, 322x293
>>145766710
you think that's bad?

>'Slightly increases the chances of starting a trial in Coldwind Farm'
>'Moderately increases the chance of starting a trial in the Macmillan Estate'
>finish loading
>Autoville Wreckers
>>
File: aco.png (51 KB, 241x315) Image search: [Google]
aco.png
51 KB, 241x315
There once was a shitter named Meg
Who had EXTREMELY well toned legs
She ran fast like sanic
Into my trap, now she's panicked!
Now those legs are wrapped around me ;)
>>
Do I have a shit connection or am I supposed to stun the killer with a palette and get sliced at the same time?
How do I outrun them when palettes and windows get me hit anyways even though I'm clearly on the other side when I take damage?

I've been the first one hooked in the first 2 minutes of the game the past five games and I want to kill myself holy shit why do I always spawn two steps away from murdermens
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 121

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.