[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 26
File: esog2.png (2 MB, 1600x992) Image search: [Google]
esog2.png
2 MB, 1600x992
That fresh new-thread-smell edition.

Elder Thread: >>144206545

>Official news
Dark Brotherhood DLC is out on PC, and coming June 14th to Xbox One and Playstation 4!
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/05/31/dark-brotherhood-is-now-available-on-pc-and-mac
https://youtu.be/xrIdDh7_TBw

>Latest patch notes
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
http://www.dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
http://www.kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder+scrolls+online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Online lore portal and map
http://www.imperial-library.info/
http://uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
http://esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
http://esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
http://teso-rp.com/
http://esoacademy.com/
http://eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message @clv for invite
[PC EU] message @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj. There is also an ESOG PSN community.

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
https://discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
http://www.strawpoll.me/10281492
>>
/v/ culture uprising
>>
How long is it gonna take me to reach Lv50? I've got to Lv10 in 4 days but I feel like the grind is so slow
>>
>>144678775
You should be able to make lvl 10 in an afternoon of questing. You should be lvl 4 coming out of the tutorial dungeon. You should be pretty close to lvl 10 when you finish the starter island.
>>
>>144679419

I've never played an MMO so I have no idea what I'm doing

How long does it take to cap on average?
>>
>>144678775
If you played like every day, you could probably reach 50 in a month or two? Whenever I play, I seem to lose like 5 hours, and I only gain maybe 1 level if I'm dedicated to slogging through every quest I see.
>>
>>144679419
I take that back, it should take you about a full day of questing to reach lvl 10.
>>
>>144679718
I had a lvl 10 2-3 weeks ago and he's lvl 31 now. I play most evenings and sometimes on weekends.
>>
newfag here

is a 1:2:4 split on my nightblade good or have I fucked it already? lv21 I mainly use shadow/dual weild perks but some bow too
>>
What level should I be before downloading TG
>>
>>144678775
I got to 50 in about 3 and a half weeks of playing maybe 40-50 hours a week and doing every single quest, leveling all my crafts and looting every crate I saw. Could probably do that in the a third of the time if you just focused only on leveling and doing quests/delves.
>>
>>144681101
Generally it's best to either go full stamina or full magicka but while you're leveling up it's not really a big deal. You can always respec.

>>144681428
Doesn't really matter since you'll be powered up for the levels you're lacking.
>>
>>144682198

>you'll be powered up for the levels you're lacking

Explain
>>
>>144681101
depending on whether you're magicka, tank or stamina you want 64 in your respective stats- i.e. none in any other.
>>
>>144683064

Won't 1 in HP be too little though? Or are all mobs trash tier?
>>
>>144682992
dungeons and scaled zones scale you to v16/15 respectively
>>
>>144683268
Not really. A bigger resource pool means that you'll have an easier time casting heals and allowing your abilities to do more damage. If you die an awful lot you can always slap a few health enchantments onto your armour until it feels just right.
>>
Do xp scrolls stack

Could I just buy like 20 and cap in a day
>>
>dungeon finder still broken

God damnit, all this game had to do was tide me over another day or two until I get my Gigantic key.

How can they be this fucking bad at programming?
>>
>>144684946
I've ran into two quests that are bugged so far. This DB update really sucked.
>>
>>144684173
I think the best you could do is stack a scroll and an XP potion, don't think either one stacks with itself
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 200x150
What is the comfiest area in the game?
>>
>>144686174
Shadowfen of Rivenspire when it's night and raining.
>>
If I want to buy ESO Plus, what's the cheapest way of getting it?
>>
File: claw locks.png (3 MB, 844x2536) Image search: [Google]
claw locks.png
3 MB, 844x2536
>>144689678
Probably g2a, look for 60 days membership.
>>
>>144685576
those bugged quests are what keep me from getting the dlc, I was more excited about the base patch than anything else
>>
>>144692918
i dont understand the zoomtexts implications
>>
>quest sends me into a vision of the past with the Chimer
>TESO had not anywhere said that they've retconned the golden skinned appearance of the Chimer
>an NPC even says they were golden skinned in this questline, before the "Tribunal's ascendancy gifted us a more somber skin tone" or some shit
>inspite of this all the Chimer look like Dunmer
>While this bitch references her race in every other sentence in a really stilted and unnatural way, especially for someone who is seeing me as a Chimer

Like, really. Was it too much to make some smaller Altmer for this and call them Chimer instead of having them be Dunmer and calling attention to your fuckup with every sentence uttered by the in-vision quest NPC?

I've been enjoying this game so far but it's the little things like this that get me. I'd understand if it was just -one- quest but I've been on like, at least two (maybe three?) past-vision quests so far and they've always had the "Chimer" being pretty obviously Dunmer.
>>
>>144696617
It's a jab at people complaining about the puzzles in Skyrim, where you just have to look at the claw. The puzzles weren't actual puzzles but just a way to make sure the person using it was sentient. It's also a jab at people who had trouble with the puzzle.
>>
>>144697823
It looks like a dunmer with gold skin and gold eyes. Should they be any different? Even the morrowind images depicted them looking pretty much the same.
>>
>>144697823
>why are chimer not golden skinned?
>posts golden skinned chimer

???
>>
File: Ashen skinned motherfucker.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ashen skinned motherfucker.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>144700001
>>144700156
It's lighting, anon. They were grey as any other Dunmer and had the red eyes that they only got after being Dunmer.
>>
>>144700535
Idunno, there's a filter over the whole scene, but I've seen screenshots that look pretty damn gold skinned to me.
>>
>>144700535
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Chimer

Double posting
>>
File: Almalexia.jpg (336 KB, 551x854) Image search: [Google]
Almalexia.jpg
336 KB, 551x854
>>144700001
Oh, as an addenum: Morrowind depicted it's two "Chimer" very differently. They're not some pale gold that you could mistake for a light skinned Dunmer standing in torchlight. Both Almalexia and half of Vivec were bright gold.

And hell, while searching up an image of ye old morrowind, I actually learned Almalexia is actually an NPC here. And she's the right color, so why aren't these other s'wits?

>>144700728
>>144700909
It's the filter. In the linked article you can see Balreth sans-filter. He's just a normal Dunmer.
>>
>>144701213
I'm kind of betting they made all these characters gold skinned, but due to crazy lighting conditions and not the strongest skin coloration, the gold is getting washed out. That shot of balreth shows everything in that scene as a blueish hue. It's disappointing that there's filters and weird lighting muddling the chimer scenes.
>>
>>144701629
Not the same person, and this may seem odd, but if enough people bitch about it I'm sure they'll patch it. They've done some few changes in quests before, slapping on better skin on the chimers aren't out of the question.

I'm fairly sure it's a matter of production and not lore getting retconned.
>>
>>144699152
who the fuck had troubles with those fucking normies
>>
Saw this for 25$ at shillstop. is it worth a pickup? i was real busy with work and moving and life for the past 2 years and im just trying to catch up on all the games i wanted to play
>>
>>144706526
Personally I only really play it because it's available on console and I got burned out on FF14 already. There's probably way better options out there for PC though.
>>
>>144706859
my like 6 month old gpu took a shit on me for the 2nd time so i gave up and bought a ps4 because i wanted to play bloodborne anyway. I got dark souls 3 and the division but honestly i havent been able to get into the division yet so im going to get elder scrolls
>>
>>144707141
the division is only enjoyable with friends, fuck that game otherwise

teso is a solid game, nothing groundbreaking or revolutionary but it's got an active community and tons of good content to eat up a few months of your life
>>
>>144699152
i was afraid of this, people actually complained about the spiny door puzzles? The only complaint i have is they weren't much of a puzzle at all, though that books explanation makes sense and i am now perfectly satisfied.
>>
>>144706526
>trying to catch up on all the games i wanted to play

if ESO is something you wanted to try, now is probably the best time for it

you may even be pleasantly surprised
>>
>>144707727
The Division is the most fun game I can never enjoy. Like, it wants to be great, but doing anything in that game just pisses me the fuck off.
>>
File: 1459397562642.jpg (34 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1459397562642.jpg
34 KB, 500x334
So my friend wants to be a lizardman, what is the best race to complement it? Dummer or Nord?
>>
File: 1353101041894.jpg (106 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1353101041894.jpg
106 KB, 600x900
>>144711580
Nord, nord, nord.

Argonians have been historical slaves to the Dunmer and through various quests you still hear a lot of lingering bitterness over it.

Nords mostly just wonder if Argonians and Dunmer will be able to keep up and pull their weight in fights. Anyone who proves they can do that seems to be gold in their book.

What class is your friend rolling/what are they focusing on? That might matter too.
>>
>argonians still dont talk right
>dunmer still dont talk right
>nords all talk like retards how did they ever make an empire holy shit
>pact always does terrible in pvp

not a coincidence at all
>>
Is it just my machine or does this game load excruciatingly slowly?
>>
after a new patch it always takes a really long time for me to load into the character selection screen the first time.

Its not so bad otherwise but i am running off of an SSD and it does feel more like hdd load times come to think of it
>>
>>144720521
>after a new patch it always takes a really long time for me to load into the character selection screen the first time.

Same.
>>
>>144720380
Not just you. Some of the load times are easily long enough to fill all the memory the game is using several times over. The game also uses way more cpu than it should be when it's doing nothing, like in the login screen.
>>
Loaded up my game from the steam launcher and have no audio in the game. I have audio when all the dev logos come up, but the login screen onward is nothing but silence.
Anyone else have this issue?
>>
>>144720828
Do you have a way in settings to check which audio device it's sending sending sound to? Might be a focus issue, check the option to play stuff in the background in audio settings.

Also, you should run it not through steam if you can -- just start the eso.exe from wherever it installs.
>>
>>144721176
I'm downloading the official client now so ill give that a check.

I also tried both 64 and 32 bit versions straight from the .exe files and still had no sound. I'm hoping steam just didn't place the audio files properly.
>>
>>144548637
>>144550458
I take that back, my settings just got reset and after agreeing to all the legal bs, it asked me what country I'm in. So if that happens again to you, there should be a settings file you can manually add it to to stop the question. Maybe.
>>
How do I build a "stamplar" ? Do I just put all my points into stamina and use skill points on weapon related abilities? Newfag to this game, sorry if this is a stupid question
>>
>>144684173
And the Best Goy Award goes to...!
>>
>>144722948
>How do I build a "stamplar" ?
You don't. You build Magicka templar instead
>>
>>144722948
The other guy's advice is probably best, but if you must, pick a race with stam bonuses and/or bonuses to stuff you will do with this stamplar, and yes all into stam.
>>
>>144722948
some class abilities will be able to be morphed into stamina version, i dont know which abilities those are for templar though
>>
File: 1452580242566.jpg (46 KB, 496x566) Image search: [Google]
1452580242566.jpg
46 KB, 496x566
>It's a "Don't kill the fucking adds on the final boss" pledge
>People still kill the adds
>>
This is really minor, but is there anyway to have your weapons automatically unholster after gathering something?
>>
Any newfags here on Bleakrock Peak that just started and wanna go through together?
>>
File: 1450847111218s.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1450847111218s.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>It's a 'kill your target with poison' optional objective for your DB daily episode
>>
>>144729836
press z or look in the controls menu for unsheathe/sheathe
>>
>>144729409
adds?
>>
Post deformed
>>
Would making this game classless be a good idea? What I mean by classless isn't that you can pick and choose any ability but that you aren't 'locked in' to a class when you pick it. You could, for example, start as an NB and you'd have the 3 subschools but for a fee (or part of a quest or some shit) you could switch out to DK on the same character and your 3 'class' schools would change to those of a DK. You'd still need to train up all the skills/morphs for the class you switched to. I guess given that it's so easy to level up an alt with the removal of vet ranks that this isn't an issue but I'd personally prefer to be able to use the same character for multiple classes rather than just having a shit load of alts.
>>
>>144733309
I think the current system is pretty comfy. For each race/class combo, there's quite a few different roles you can try, and huge variety in build possibilities.

Even if your idea was enacted, there's still the magicka vs stam thing from the base race, so you're still going to need to make an alt if your race is very stam, and you want to try a magicka build and have suitable traits.
>>
File: image.gif (116 KB, 277x400) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
116 KB, 277x400
>that quest in the desert with the guy who drinks the alcohol and thinks he's a goblin

Toppest of fucking keks

For an MMO the quests in this game are surprisingly good
>>
>>144731624
vet crypt of hearts
vet banished cells
>>
>>144731624
Its a term for enemies that spawn during boss fights.
>>
>>144735947

I enjoy questing more than I did in Skyrim and Oblivion desu. The only quest I don't really enjoy is the main story one and even that isn't completely terrible (mah boi Abnar).
>>
>trying to speedrun skyshards
this is fucking killing me
>>
>>144737538
>scrolls are being taken away by ep when nobody is on.
Why do they fucking do this
>>
min/maxfag check

post screenshot of dps parse 22k+ single target over 20s+
receive a gold mat in the mail
>>
Newfag here

How is my rotation of skills (PS4)? I have cloak, the one that stuns from invisibility, flurry and the bleed skill all on my hot bar. All I do is cloak>stun>bleed then spam flurry and they normally die, is it worth unlocking the other skills or should I just invest my points into passives etc?
>>
>>144737973
good burst, not enough sustained damage- fine for overworld pve, not so much dungeons.

for enemies with high health pools, 100k-40m you want to drop your dots then spam flurry, and reapply dots whenever their duraton expires. the difference between an average and good player is how fast and how efficiently they can space their dots and weave between them with light and medium attacks.
>>
oh god fucking damnit again with the server maintenance. literally as soon as I log in "server will be going down for maintenance in 15 minutes"
>>
So people here know about the speed bug right? I usually run at 230% (with bug I presume) but I once ran at 250%. Was this just an addon glitch? Can I bypass this bug?

I use the minimap addon by fyrakin.

I just gotta go fast
>>
I'm guessing this downtime is to fix the bug where some fuckers can still jump up onto keep walls with one of the leaps. Hope it's quicker than last time.
>>
>Tomorrow, we’ll take down the North American and European PC/Mac megaservers to fix an issue with the Group Finder that is currently leading to long queue times. Please note that there are some rare cases where you may still encounter very long load times, and we are looking into these.

>We expect the maintenance to take several hours tomorrow, and it starts at 8AM Eastern Time. We'll inform you when the servers are available again, and the fix is live.
>>
How have people found attack weaving with the new Flurry? Kind of getting used to it again as the ability is now much, much quicker than it used to be.
>>
>>144740961
Well, shit.

Quick question, since we're all stuck here twiddling our dicks anyways. I just bought the game the other day and I don't quite have a good grasp on the combat system yet. I'm playing a dragonknight and I'm planning on maining the ardent flame tree. I figure I should be leveling mostly magicka, right? What about weapons/armor though? I'm still only in the starter zone but so far I've just been spamming the chain spell and the fire claw spell, and not really using weapons. I'm not sure how exactly this class/spec works, if I'm full caster DPS, a tanky DPS hybrid, or what.
>>
>>144741328
Weaving, hell, swapping weapon bars have became harder due to whatever new logic to what overrides what they've done to make the game feel less responsive. I've found myself several times being too quick, ending up with changing a bar and then cancelling it due to casting a spell too quick, ending with me using the wrong abilities. I don't recall this ever happening before the patch.
>>
>>144741701
DKs are best played as:

DPS- Sustained damage, ramps up and will not falter.

Tank- The "Traditional" Tank, Buffs+CC and self-sustaining.

Healer- Shield Stacking HoT, with more of a focus on DPS rather than dedicated healing.

Or any combination of the three.

I'll pastebin a build and rotation for Magicka and Stamina DK if you're into maxing out your DPS output.
>>
>>144741701
Your race will mostly determine whether you will go for a stamina or magicka build. I'm relatively new as well, so can't offer any build advice for DK, but check out esoacademy from the OP, or tamrielfoundary theorycrafting forums for specific build ideas/guides.
>>
>>144742251
Oh for sure that'd be super helpful, thanks.
>>144742325
This is also very helpful. I was actually just thinking that instead of asking specific gameplay questions here I should just ask where to look for more in depth documentation. I guess the OP would've been a good first place to look...
>>
>finally get bow to lvl 38 for snipe
>excited to try it in cyrodiil

NOT TODAY SAYS SERVER
>>
Is there cross platform play for this game yet?
>>
>>144737189
thanks
>>
>>144744141
No, and I hope it never happens.
>>
>>144745405
Aww why?
it would be awesome having console ppl playing with us, the higher pop would fill out the dead times like right now. They also get way more servers.
>>
>>144745405
Why not. It's not like there's any major disadvantages for using a controller. Only problem will be that they won't have access to addons.
>>
>>144745674
I don't want to share server with retards and kids.
>>
>>144745405
>>144746205

Consolecucks can't write in chat and ESO doesn't have ingame voip, so it'll just be like having more NPCs
>>
>>144746205
The larger quantity of casual babbies would increase profits for traders though.
>>
>Have an exam in 8 hours and 10 minutes
>Spent the entire semester playing ESO and watching tv series

Why do I put myself through this
>>
>>144746413
>>144746339
>>144746197
>>144745674
Do you really want to be grouped with Timmy the Clueless? That profit from rip-offs, though...
>>
>>144742531
http://pastebin.com/ByRJarGm

Guide for Magicka DKs. A labor of love, hard work and 30 minutes.
>>
>>144746706
On the other hand, the more clueless the player the less gold they have. Not much margin for rip-offs when the mark can barely afford repairs and inreasing riding skill.
>>
>>144746976
The most money would come from buying cheap.
>>
>>144746706
>Do you really want to be grouped with Timmy the Clueless?
You're talking as if it's not already happening.
>>
>>144748536
We're talking about console-tier clueless
>>
jump
>>
server is back up
>>
>>144752187
thanks
>>
@clv, lmao we're in the same guild (not tesog)

just saw you in the guild chat for drop bears
>>
Ok so, everywhere i hear and read that the common stat for a tank its something like 25k hp, 17k, mag and 25k stam.

How in the hell im suposse to get those stats????

Im got all my armor 160cp purple + endurance jewerly and health enchants and while i reach 24k hp my stamina and magika pool sucks

Right now i have like 13k magica and 16k stamina.

And i couldnt put all my atributes on stamina like everyone, no, i have to put 15 on mag and 20 on health to get those numbers.

What the actual fuck

There is like 15k of resources that i dont get for whatever reason.
>>
>>144747180
Ah, that's true. Though I don't much bother looking through guild stores for any and all deals just some select few that I'm used to already. That shit takes so much time if you haven't memorized the right selling price for everything.
>>
>>144746757
Hey thanks so much homey, nicely formatted too, appreciate it.
>>
>>144752959
>Ok so, everywhere i hear and read that the common stat for a tank its something like 25k hp, 17k, mag and 25k stam.
>How in the hell im suposse to get those stats????
>Im got all my armor 160cp purple + endurance jewerly and health enchants and while i reach 24k hp my stamina and magika pool sucks
>Right now i have like 13k magica and 16k stamina.
>And i couldnt put all my atributes on stamina like everyone, no, i have to put 15 on mag and 20 on health to get those numbers.
>What the actual fuck
>There is like 15k of resources that i dont get for whatever reason.

What class are you?
>>
>>144752959
>>144754079
Also what race?
>>
>>144754210

Nord, dk, 160cp
>>
>>144746757
Thanks for this. It's very useful to those of us who are trying to develop a better sense for rotations.
>>
>>144754408
Ok, well, as Nord you shouldn't have much trouble reaching the HP cap, so I assume you're not using gold glyphs? They can be pretty expensive if you don't have enchanting at 50 and can craft yourself, but gold glyphs are important.

The problem with the stats your posted earlier is that they'll be based off of someone using lots of tri-stat glyphs. This is how endgame tanks get huge stat pools, but it's really expensive, and I assume if you're just hitting CP160 now, you don't have much money to spend, so you'll have to rely on regular glyphs.

Forget the magicka pool, as DK all you need is enough to keep your buffs (mainly just spike armour and GDB) and then a bit on the end for claws/chains when adds spawn. 10k mag should be plenty. So you can dump all your stat points into stam.

The main thing though, is that as a stam tank, you want a LOT of stam regen, as you'll be blocking a lot, and when you're not blocking, you need to get as much regen in that space as you can. So all of your jewelry should have gold stam regen glyphs, and you should ALWAYS be using Bloodspawn 2-piece as stam DK (or any DK in general). If you can, you should try for 2.5k - 3k stam regen (might be hard depending on what armour set you're using, so don't worry if you don't hit to straight away). This number might seem high, but once you use purple tri-stat drinks, it should be easily attainable. The nice thing about Nord is because of your huge HP regen passive, purple drinks will give you insane HP regen at the same time as your stat regen, which will help your sustain a LOT.

You don't need to worry about the max stats as much to begin with, they'll go up by a few K as you get more CP and better gear, the main thing is to hit 25k HP and 25 stam, magicka is largely unimportant, just get those stats and use purple drinks and you'll be fine.

Also just out of curiosity, what armour sets are you using at the moment? If not hist bark, use hist bark.
>>
>>144746339
I would imagine by the time they added cross play they would have added actually announced features like console text chat.
>>
File: asd.png (182 KB, 458x318) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
182 KB, 458x318
hold me anons
>>
>>144756560
*holds*

As I've said before, this is why I'm making a solo pet build for dungeons.
>>
>>144756560
I don't understand what's going on here. Explain?
>>
>>144756963
someone's flaming my dick off claiming to pull MY numbers

lol
>>
>>144725195
Thanks, I just really, really prefer weaponry over anything else
>>
>>144754079
Max CP is also 2k worth of stats each cause each CP gives a little stats.
>>
>click eso icon
>APPLYING PATCH 3000 MB REMAINING
what le fuck is this? Additional information: I had already installed the DB patch.
>>
>>144758424
There was a patch on Monday.
>>
>>144758524
did it bring some noice things? :3
>>
>>144757157
So you did 19.9k and he claimed you did 12k, he then claimed to have done more than half the DPS of the group but in actual fact you did 62%, at least according to the DPS counter?

I swear I'm not autistic, I've been tested.
>>
File: 1456049158077.gif (1 MB, 245x243) Image search: [Google]
1456049158077.gif
1 MB, 245x243
>>144758880
>tested for autism
>>
>>144758880
yes

i also had a healer pulling 6k. that means he pulled the healer's dps or less.
>>
>>144758824
It fixed some bugged quests people couldn't finish, nothing too major. Patch notes also claim to have fixed the random noises you hear while playing like static white noise and random sound effects.
>>
>>144722948
on BWB in AD on the EU PC server (fuck why there's got to be so many divisions) there's a guy named 'Kiss the Healthplar', so I guess this may be a flavor of the month too
>>
just noticed the adventurer pack to play a race on any alliance. I guess it's not possible to switch alliance and I would have to make another character ?
>>
>>144759112
What is this gif meant to indicate?
>>
>>144755712
>>144755712

Ok men i will make some changes on my stats to see if i can manage more sustain. I use a lot of magika on my trash rotation but i guess i will have to make some changes there too.
>>
>>144760003
Yeah there's no real need to spend magicka if you're a stam tank. For trash mobs, you have, as a stam DK, caltrops and noxious breath, both extremely good AoE dots for clearing adds. If your back bar is 2H for rally, you can even add brawler onto that for another AoE DOT.
>>
hey is there a pet/debuff based class in this game?

i come from perfect world which is pretty much dead so I'm looking for a new MMO. My class on that one was a venomancer which basically had a summon to aggro/tank shit whilst you applied buffs and debuffs

Does this have something similar?
>>
>>144755712

Oh btw im using armor master right now, with some pieces fury till i get my monster set and endurance jewerly

Like i said before, i feel that magika ends up being very important too because my cc tool use magika and i get stam from casting some abilitys.

Anyway i will try to twerk some thing and see what i get untill i manage to buy some gold enchants and get the monster set
>>
>>144760690

Yeah caltrops its out of the table since it cost like 7k of stam. The only good cc moves i got are magika based. I work on cc more than damage the trash.
>>
are stamplars still somewhat under-powered? Or did the dark brotherhood patch make them better? I'm thinking of rolling one.
>>
>>144761462
7 stam is 4 seconds worth of regen if you have over 3k, it's no big deal at all, and it's a really good long lasting DOT/soft CC.

You want to save talons for boss adds, for example, in vCoA with maw, or Nerieneth in vCoH, when they spawn the mobs, talons so you can taunt most of them, you don't need to bother with trash mobs, and in trials, as a stam DK, you really will want caltrops because most of the mob spawns are a lot bigger than the talons AoE.

>>144761232

Armour master is a very nice alternative but you have to have a LOT of regen, as the CD on the set buff is only 10 secs, and shuffle is pretty damn expensive.
>>
Breton *teleports behind u* rogue newfag here

Should I get the 10k horse or save up for a 42k mount? I'm reading conflicting things
>>
what's the best veiled strike morph?
>>
>>144762870
10k horse

you'll be playing for quite a while without a mount, if you're going to go for the 42k one
>>
>>144763540

should I just buy a CS mount instead
>>
>>144763601
_____________________________________________________________yes_____________________________________________________________
>>
>>144763682

_______________________________________________thanks_____________
>>
>>144762870
On launch, the 42k horses all had different attributes, the bay dun horse had 10% extra base speed, the other two had 10% extra stam and 10 extra inventory slots, though I can't remember which had which.

Nowadays though they are purely cosmetic. I still have my bay dun horse that I ground 42k for on launch, I'll never swap it for a crown store mount.
>>
>>144763408
If you are mag, the mag one, if you are stam, the stam one.
>>
>>144760932
You can make a pet build capable of solo-ing group dungeons. Not really any debuff centric builds tho
>>
>>144764070

The pet build sounds fine, what race and class?
>>
>>144764452
Race = Breton

Class = Sorc

watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GWQVherCOE
>>
can you change class on a character or can you only respec? i rolled a nightblade on my first guy and I'm level 41, but my friend says dragon knights are the best DPS in the game
>>
>>144765321
No, you can't change classes. Just roll a new character. With the changes to the new training trait, leveling alts are so much easier.
>>
did i fuck up by going Breton nightblade then or can I do something useful with this character
>>
>>144765768
>Breton Nightblade
That's pretty ideal for a magicka NB, anon.
Hell nightblades have damn good dps too, so as far as damage goes you shouldn't be too concerned.
>>
File: asasa.png (139 KB, 358x373) Image search: [Google]
asasa.png
139 KB, 358x373
closest i'll ever get to an inferno :(
>>
>>144764764
Oh fuck me a pet build for Dark Brotherhood? Thanks for sharing.
>>
File: Galerions-Revenge-Set.jpg (83 KB, 411x633) Image search: [Google]
Galerions-Revenge-Set.jpg
83 KB, 411x633
>>144766760

Maelstrom staff makes me want to try a NB build with Merciless Resolve, the new Galerion's Revenge set and either Torag's Pact or the Elegant set. Lay an elemental blockage and get off some hella light attacks/swallow soul weave until you proc Revenge and Resolve at around the same time.
>>
Do mounts have a speed difference
>>
Anyone got some good stamblade build? My build is very fucked up atm.

>>144769450
No. You have riding skill, which you can upgrade every 24hours. You have 3 different riding attributes you can upgrade; riding speed, mount stamina and mount inventory capacity.
>>
what is the absolute most optimal highest dps (not burst) damage build in the game (race, class)

i want to minmax the shit out of a new alt
>>
>>144771357
I'd say staminabased DK redguard. They're also the best tanks because Zenimax balancing.
>>
>>144771521
>>144771357
Khajiit Stam DK.
Crit is multiplicative with the Crit Damage bonus from Warhorn, used in a setting where min/max is useful.
It also requires the use of a specialized build, needing two perfect Maelstroms, Spawn of Mephala and Alkosh Jewellery. Failing that, Stam DK is just a tad better than a Magblade.
>>
Best class for a magtemp?
>>
>>144772421

Sorry, race
>>
if I get eso plus for a month to play the dlc, what happens to DLC specific items after my plus expires?
>>
>>144773859
you keep them
>>
>>144774185

So why the fuck would anybody buy the DLC when you can just get Plus, complete everything in a month and then just keep your stuff for a fraction of the price?
>>
>>144774316
PvP, farming... and now the jew craft bags
>>
>>144774316
Yeah with the new DLCs that's pretty much it, it's a bit of a problem in fact, as it makes the DLCs kinda pointless. With IC and Orsinium though, you want to have them permanently unlocked, because they have reasons to be constantly played.
>>
>>144774316
One of the devs mentioned it's a difference in mentality between console and PC users. Console users are used to buying something and then be able to play it whenever they want. So even if it will be cheaper to use a subscription, you don't have any pressure that you need to play it before your subscription runs out.

I've a friend playing on PC who buys the DLC "just because" for the very same reason, even if I have explained to him that the crown jewels you get from a subscription makes it cheaper than buying crown packs.
>>
>>144776349
>Console users are used to buying something and then be able to play it whenever they want
>Consoles have an internet fee
They're just so retarded
>>
>>144763408
The one that makes you go fast.
>>
>>144769450
Horses are able to continue galloping after their stamina runs out, other mounts can't. That's the only difference.
>>
>>144777429
All mounts can do that, mount-specific "traits" were removed once they made it so riding skill started getting shared amongst all mounts.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160607_210634.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160607_210634.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
WHAT HAVE I DONE
>>
>>144782678
Joined a convention for hawt lesbian 20% xp boost, but only if both players are playing together and using the ring.
>>
How do I visit the other faction's areas? I'm a lv14 Breton and the region is fucking boring
>>
>>144785225
you complete the main story which unfortunately needs you to be level 50.
>>
>>144785225
It gets better... eventually.
>>
> Enjoy the lore behind the classes
> Outside of a few text there's no mention of them in-game

> No quest with a gruff imperial teacher somewhere in Skyrim teaching you the way of the Dragonknight as a thu'um while his nord assistant insist it's just Akaviri destruction magic and not a "real" thu'um.
> No quest about Templars looking for a relic connected to Magnus
> No quest about a Nightblade dabbling in shadow magic of the kind that's in Elder Scrolls: Shadowkey
> No quest about Sorcerers having to hunt down and using their negate magic ability to destroy rouge mages, or a cult wanting to erase magical knowledge and research, mortal enemies to the Mage's Guild, and somehow giving an explanation as of why Sorcerers in Arena, Daggerfall and Morrowind couldn't regenerate magicka but absorbed it while being custom to wearing heavy armour.

Missed opportunity desu senpai.
>>
>>144785225
The 1st and 2nd zone in Daggerfall are probably the most boring ones in all of ESO. 3rd one is one of the best, the 4th and 5th are decent.
>>
File: 8vdPIU0[1].png (11 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
8vdPIU0[1].png
11 KB, 645x773
>>144787087
>that tfw when
>>
>>144787247

I'm fucking tired of Medieval Towns and Werewolves: The Experience

I wanna see black marsh and shit
>>
File: 23423423424.jpg (39 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
23423423424.jpg
39 KB, 800x550
>>144787563
found a pic of u
>>
File: 1410318056069.jpg (234 KB, 500x1957) Image search: [Google]
1410318056069.jpg
234 KB, 500x1957
>>144787087
would be cool if they could add such things in some future DLC.

That shit sounds tight.

Perhaps it should also vary depending on your original faction?
>>
>>144787563
>pick faction with 2 types of humans and some orcs
>want marsh land of the lizard people
>doesn't pick the alliance with lizard people in it
>gimme now
are you challenged?
>>
>>144787563
I don't want to sound like a dick but if you wanted to see black marsh and morrowind and freaky shit you shouldn't have joined the daggerfall. They're the cookie cutter fantasy faction.
>>
>>144787087

See I'm not sure how I feel about class lore and shit because part of me wants them to be more of a background thing. On the flip side though everything you'd said seems pretty tight. The problem with the class lores is that people have different ideas about the class which I think is kind of cool. You can have the fighter style DK for example and a mage style DK, so what do you really run with if there were class quests? Would you make a branching quest of some sort?
>>
>>144788010
>>144787958

>want to make a cute waifu with a big butt
>implying lizards or cats are cute
>get punished for wanting my waifu to look good with endless plains and trees and generic copypasted bandits
>tfw
>>
>>144788408
Nord characters have the biggest butts.
>>
>>144788408
that alliance has nords, you can also buy the all races, all alliance option in the crown store, which allow you to use any race with any alliance
>>
How does the Gold and Silver garbage work after the update?
>>
>>144788408
>not having explorer pack
>>
>>144789242
things are CP levels instead of VR levels
>>
can taller characters jump higher or does everybody have the same hitbox?
>>
>>144790529
Stupid fucks...
>>
>>144790919
What's bad about that?
>>
>>144790919
>less grinding is bad
>>
>>144787789
It would be decent if they did it with a major update. I it seems that each major update to the base game comes along with a DLC. It's probably their business plan.

Having spell making added to the base game and having a DLC that's nothing more than pure class lore pandering is something I'd love to see.

>>144788186
Classes don't have to be the focus but I think they should throw us a bone regarding the lore. People having different ideas about the classes shouldn't be a problem either since you can have NPC's in the game arguing for different views of what the classes are and what they want the classes to be. No need to set it in stone. There doesn't have to be branching quests, even if that would be nice. I just want more opinions about what makes a sorcerer diffrent from an ordinary mage, or where all the nightmakes learned their shadow magick from.

It would also be a chance to talk to NPC's who will ask where we learned it, and where we can say we learned it from book, we had a teacher, or whatever. You'll be throwing a bone to roleplayers as well.
>>
How hard is it to add in a fucking barbershop
>>
>>144795128
>>144794226
Fracturing the community in PvE sure is great
>>
>>144795274
appearance and race change icons have been data mined

>>144795605
>being able to tell if you playing with fresh 160 scrubs or legit 501 is bad
>>
>>144795767
not being able to play with them at all is
>>
>>144796174
what are you on about?
>>
So is stamsorc good or no? I'm getting mixed signals. I hear half the community saying its good while the other half says sorcerer as a whole is sub-par.
>>
File: 084[1].png (298 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
084[1].png
298 KB, 600x512
>>144795605
Are you gonna continue speaking like a dick or let on what you're on about?

If anything the changes strengthens the community since people will want to make alts now when it doesn't take years to level em up, and there may be a tiny chance that some people will go from always lobbying for their favourite class to actual have a more neutral view since they can jump between their alts.
>>
File: 1452516814094.png (381 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1452516814094.png
381 KB, 500x500
"Account not found" So who do I whisper for the guild invite?
>>
>>144797401
I wasn't able to solo the worldbosses in Orsinium before the changes as a stam sorc tank (yet to manage to take down Zandaadunoz tho). Now I just watch as each one of em die by a thousand cuts. If you apply critical surge, hurricane and razor caltrops you're pretty much guaranteed to crit at least one of them, resulting in stam sorcs healing 45k over 15 sec.

Not saying other classes can't do it better but for someone focusing on being a pain in the ass in PvE and PvP, I like it.
>>
>>144797775
check OP?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160603_234407.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160603_234407.png
2 MB, 1280x720
been playing since launch and only have used 1 character throughout the whole thing and I'm at 301 champion points, how casual am I?
>>
>>144799167
I say again, "Account not found" Read you nigger
>>
>>144800609
>how casual am I

console-tier
>>
>>144797775
What server are you on and which guild are you trying to join?
>>
>>144800609
shitter
>>
>>144800609
Do you play 10min every day or something?
>>
>>144800957
You didn't even say which guild, stupid cunt
>>
>>1448015
PC NA
>>
>>144800609
I'm in the same bout except I'm around 400 CP. There's a lot of fun shit you can do that doesn't give you XP.
>>
How do you survive in PvP with a sorcerer? All points in magicka
>>
>>144803631
shields
>>
>>144803739
Still shields? I only have Annulment yet
Also it's funny because all the other classes can do well at low level in PvP yet sorc simply needs his final abilities like Bolt Escape or Conjured Ward as they are essential to actually surviving
>>
>>144804443
That's what happen when you let a single overworked person be in charge of combat balance.
>>
File: 1452635947197.jpg (40 KB, 355x417) Image search: [Google]
1452635947197.jpg
40 KB, 355x417
Who to whisper for an invite to the PC NA guild?
>>
>>144807427
>>144677760
>>
File: Screenshot_20160606_001803.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160606_001803.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>144801429
Does it look like my screenshot is from console?
>>144801773
Kind of, every time I play I'm just exploring all over the place.
>>144802295
Yup that's probably what I do.
>>
>>144807427
me.
>>
File: 1443717831289.jpg (43 KB, 564x428) Image search: [Google]
1443717831289.jpg
43 KB, 564x428
You think they will do a joint effort between Zenimax and Bethesda, using ESO to promote the new Elder Scrolls (or a Skyrim HD remake) they probably will reveal at this year's E3?
>>
>>144811661
Todd probably doesn't want Zenimax involved in TES VI. I suspect he was disappointed he didn't get to have a leadership role in the ESO development.
>>
>start doing PVP more often and get invited to a PVP guild
>realize I don't have enough skill points to get all the skills these guys want me to have
>go off and try to do some more of the story and skyshard collecting
>leader comes on and invites me to the pvp group then bitches about how we have so many people in the guild online and no one pvping
>kicked from the guild

It was pretty fun for the 3 days I was in it at least, not sure what else they expected out of a vet 2 player though.
>>
>>144811983
You think we would have wanted it? It would have meant that, due to how long it took to develop the game, that he wouldn't have been able to work on the main series in the Skyrim and Fallout series.

From ESO live and other events I've seen, it seems that at least the Loremaster and Rich Lambert have a lot of respect for Todd and Bethesda. They go so far as to ask Bethesda for permission during the planning stage for any DLC to ensure they're ok with it.
>>
>>144813727
> We
Meant he, obviously. As in, Todd Howard.
>>
>>144813727
I imagine he would have see it as an opportunity to do something new and after spending his career doing better renditions of the same thing, an MMO would be an interesting challenge for him.
I think that if Zenimax had included him more in the project they could have avoided some of the problems that came up at launch when the Skyrim adverturers met the full power version of Doshia for the first time.
>>
>>144813727
>>144814995
Too late, you exposed yourself Toddler
Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.