[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/domg/ - Dominions General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 129
File: 1391101553394.jpg (302 KB, 500x704) Image search: [Google]
1391101553394.jpg
302 KB, 500x704
Nobody's Thread Edition

Previous Pantokrator >>144019356

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based strategy game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a strategy game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
http://pastebin.com/dHdZ1cch

>Dom4 Manual
http://jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
http://larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
http://dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Start playing multiplayer games

Submit completed games here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>144535289
First for thread dying again.
>>
File: fancy colours.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fancy colours.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
candy
>>
Any games aside from the ErmorOP thing recruiting?
>>
File: quadbless time.png (108 KB, 361x440) Image search: [Google]
quadbless time.png
108 KB, 361x440
/domg/'s next match in the /vg/ League is later today. 2 matches are over already, /dng/ is going to play /fgg/ very soon and then it's /domg/ vs /ddg/. I have no idea how it'll go.

http://implyingrigged.info/wiki//vg/_League_6
>>
>>144536694
I noticed other teams had managed to alter the appearence of their players more completely, aka the giant animu head and more recently the Kut-Ku's wings of /MHG/. Is it possible to make our team a pixely mess of monters rather than anything remotely human? And also to give Bob his frost brand and vine shield.
>>
>>144536568
NoBones
>>
>>144537282
So it's either NoBones or AllBones?
>>
>>144536945
It's entirely possible, just way beyond my abilities. The giant animu heads are literally just their heads made so large that they cover their entire body, for example, and I'm not sure if those wings were also part of the head model. Actually sticking things to players' hands is possible, but more complicated than just modding their head.

And of course, we'd need actual 3d models for it. We're lucky to have what we have, it was all made by other people.
>>
>>144538201
Luckily we now have more insane people here, to at least try. Though our current models are pretty decent, just could be ENTIRELY LUDICROUS
>>
>>144502693

My bird scouts found you. You're a decent ways to my south.
>>
>Constant crashes with no reason

Truly like dominions
>>
>>144539278
Well this might be my first lesson, buy more scouts and less blood priests
>>
>>144541637

Don't worry about it. My scouts are cheap, can be recruited in any forest, and can move like 3 provinces a turn.
>>
I need a temporary sub/subs for June 11-18th
Memegeddoniii Atlantis
Awfulgame Azothia
FattenedCalf R'lyeh
Ediblegloves R'lyeh
>>
Do we just have nothing to talk about?
>>
>>144545553
Why do you like the water so much, you thirsty motherfucker?
>>
>>144545572
Not really. What do you want to talk about?
>>
>>144546064
What's some good stuff to do with Abysia? Pretenders, important spells, stuff like that.
>>
>>144545572
XIBALA IS OP PLS NERF
>>
>>144545779
For the ladies of course
>>
>>144546289
PILLARS
OF
FIRE
STORM

ea abysia op pls nerf
>>
>>144545572
Sorry, I'm actually getting on a typing up my bless mod (national + generic spells which do bless + extra shit)
>>
>>144546289
Well I can tell you from experience that the absolute most important thing is for your enemy's ally to backstab him without warning and give you the breathing room you need to reach endgame.

Other than that, I've been working on my LA Abysia pretender design. I really like EB paths so I can break into Earth magic a lot more easily and Maneater is a fantastic awake expander. Seriously, just slam him into whatever and he'll most likely deal with it just fine between fear and awe. I've been thinking something like 4E3B, for the reinvig on all your holy mages and getting your magics online but that's pretty expensive with the Dom 9 you want to awake expand. Haven't really figured out the scales balance yet.

Not that Abysia needs an awake expander by any means, I just had a lot of success with mine and think it can be a handy option.
>>
>>144545572
Well, let's talk about production scale. I know such a change isn't moddable but if Illwinter were to change production scale, what kind of change (if any) would you like to see? I've seen a number of suggestions to buff it (like +-1/2/3 turns to fort construction time) but what about if it affected fort cost by a modest amount (like +-5/10/15%)?
>>
>>144546932
I'm not sure that's a solution. I mean it definitely makes Production more attractive, but it doesn't fix Production's main issue, which is that it loses relevance in the long run. Early on Production is pretty nice, because it lets you churn out more/bigger expansion parties. But later on it becomes far less relevant because resources stop being a real bottleneck and its income bonus gets outperformed by both Order and Growth. Adding a bonus to fort construction (whether by speeding it up or making it cheaper), makes it even better in the short term, but doesn't do much to help its long-term potential since mid- and especially lategame generally doesn't see much fort construction. It becomes more about taking the enemy's forts than about building your own.

So while it definitely helps, it just makes Production even more into an early-game focused pick.
>>
>>144547519
>>144546932
Well, let's look at what we CAN do.

We can change the gold/res % per scale.
We can make it change the tax rate in forted provinces
We, uh, I swear I had more ideas.
>>
>>144547519
This is true, if we were going to alter the production scale, it would need to be made more mid/lategame viable.
>>
>>144547727
>>144546932
>>144547519

Unit cost decrease per scale? Like -1/2/3g per unit per scale.
>>
>>144548051
Well, that helps factions with cheap units disproportionately
>>
>>144535289
Amazing pic
sauce?
>>
>>144546932
If there was a negative to fort production time nobody except palisades nations would ever take more than sloth 1. They're just too important to get up early.
>>
>>144538201
>>144538347
3d frost brands, this is the sign of apocalyps
>>
>>144548229
Imagine markata at 2g per.
>>
What if you tied Production to unit upkeep? There's some (tangential) precedent for this since units use province resources to replace rusted/destroyed armor, so you could say that Production scales helps with shit like that and in/decrease upkeep by like 1% per scale. It's something minor that has virtually no effect on the early game, but over time it can really add up especially in the lategame, making it more and more relevant in the long run.
>>
>>144548558
Production scale already affects the replacement of broken equipment, though, by offering more resources for replacing those equipment (if I've understood the mechanic behind it correctly, at least). But the idea itself would make it matter in mid-lategame while production already buffs early game adequately.
>>
>>144548883
Isn't that literally what I just said?
>>
Patch/Magic Expanded/Item Units release when
>>
>>144537846
Yap
>>
>>144549105
Production already affects repairing of equipment so it doesn't make sense that it would reduce the cost of repairs. That's already accounted for.

However, now that I think about it, you could think of it something along the lines of troops in the land of sloth neglecting the maintenance of equipment so it needs more paid work by local professionals/camp followers.
>>
What's wrong with having Prod be an early game focused scale? Some design choices make your nation stronger early, some make it stronger late. Even if Prod is currently undervalued because it falls off, I still see no problem with having it make your nation snowball harder.
>>
>>144549697
So it's literally what I just said.

Good to see that we agree.
>>
>>144514509
>mapmove of commander affects sailing

It does not. There's a map setting to limit it to sail 1 province instead of the default 2.
>>
>>144549703
Order allows you to build secondary forts earlier and with 4-6 adjencent provinces, unless they're all farmland, gives a respectable amount of resources to capital even with neutral scales. It's not even early game centric for almost every nation, really, more like first half a year.
>>
>>144550070
I understand why it's not taken for many nations. I'm saying that I'd be interested in buffs to it that also help make it early/midgame oriented (like the fort build times mentioned) rather than things that help it scale to the late game.
>>
Pangaea?
>>
>>144554168

Yes?
>>
>>144554210
Are you planning to defend that province?
>>
>>144554586

I haven't looked at the turn yet. Did we collide?
>>
Oh I see. I got into your cap ring. Go ahead and take it back. I'll move my cetaurs back to the swamp
>>
So how's everyone doing for expansion in the ROTP game? I'm asking for a friend because his is going just great

Also is there a steam chat for it yet?
>>
>>144554920
Nice, thanks
>>
>>144555459

Too cozy for my liking (see: I accidentally bumped into Caelum's cap ring), but going well. I haven't actually hit anyone's army, which is a plus for everyone.
>>
>>144555643
It's a big plus for me, my armies of furries are an embarrassment
>>
>>144556203

I'm trying to expand in your direction now since that's the only way I have left. I have scouts on you (not sounding creepy. I have scouts on all my neighbors but Caelum. Your direction just so happened to be the way I sent my first bird). Anyway, I don't think our armies will collide.
>>
File: gImMeAhUgMaN.png (300 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
gImMeAhUgMaN.png
300 KB, 500x500
>>144555643
yeah seems to be a bit of bumping into cap rings
>>
did lanka just go ai?
>>
>>144556538
>not sounding creepy
>But I'm watching you through the eyes of my half woman half bird monsters
>>
>>144556538
It's hard not to be a creepy voyeur as pan, they have such an intel advantage over everyone else.
>>
>>144557332

Welp, they aren't on the llamaserver list anymore

>>144557527

Ha. I was trying to imply that I'm not just stalking you. I'm stalking everyone.
>>
Yep, Lanka is gone. Damn. If I were anywhere near them I'd gobble them up. Guess this is a good opportunity for whoever is closest to them
>>
>>144549703
Because the nations that use heavy armor and are good is limited to MA Ulm and LA Agartha, but their main mage produces resources.
>>
New player here, kinda want to break into the multiplayer community.

Is EA Hinnom worth learning at all? Spreadsheet says they've never won a multiplayer game that's been recorded, but they look like an interesting nation to play.
>>
>>144559602

Interesting but very hard to play.
>>
>>144559602
Hinnom is one of the harder nations to get good with, not just because of their Blood magic (which adds a bit of complexity), but also because they're hungry hungry hebrews and eat everything including eachother. But they're definitely fun to play if you're willing to put in the effort.
>>
>>144559790
>>144559782
Are they viable? Assuming you were able to play them at a decent level.
>>
>>144559602
1200 gold fucking forts.

However I've managed with their initial expansion party to take half a dozen provinces without lossing a hungryhungryhinnite
>>
>>144559931
Yes. They're definitely not top-tier, but almost all nations are viable.
>>
>>144559931
Practically every nation is viable, more or less
Hinnom is one of those weird nations that have new player traps in them, like the sacreds which look good and cool but are a bit of a pain to use beyond expansion and are relatively easy to counter. Strong mages but a lack of useful crosspaths.
>>
>>144559602
They're a decent nation but tend to get overshadowed by Lanka and Xib.
>>
>>144559467
MA Pythium likes prod too
>>
>>144559602
EA Hinnom, and the other Jew nations to a lesser degree, are plagued by having powerful units that eat population. For a Blood nation especially, this is absolutely disastrous. If you can get a decent bloodgame going and survive into the endgame as Hinnom, their ridiculously powerful, borderline unkillable SC summons WILL win you the game, but with your population dropping like a rock, you're likely to die midgame with lagging money, resources, and blood slaves. Even Early Game is a challenge. This is compounded by the fact that despite being giants, their units aren't all that good.
>>
>>144546891
But Rocket!
I thought we were friends.
>>
>>144560582
>>144560335
>>144560292
>>144560050
>>144559987
Thanks for the info. Are there any strategies for minimizing the effects of population eating?

Like keeping your researchers in a low-pop province with a lab rather than the capital or something?
>>
>>144561735
their researchers don't kill population, that'd be fucked
>>
>>144561135
Just because I cast Astral Corruption doesn't mean we aren't friends.
>>
>>144560582
You can expand pretty easily with chariots.
>>144561735
Early blood hunting is going to be done with Melqarts or Baals since they can get lots of slaves even in crappy provinces. Don't blood hunt with Kohens until you can make Sanguine Dousing Rods.
>>
>>144561926
My bad, I was looking at one of their 15 research mages and didn't realize they were StR, so I assumed you used them to research, and they eat like ~50 people a turn.
>>
>>144561735
You can stick them in a wasteland since they don't actually need supplies. Your researchers aren't going to be the actual hungry giants themselves, they're the other, smaller giants that happen to be decent mages anyway. The other option is to just go full scales and ignore the rephaites, and use dawn guard as your main troops instead since they're actually fairly decent.
>>
>>144546891
An erf snek can do everything you'd want Man-Eater to do but better. And you can get more scales + minor bless for sacred mages on top of that. You don't need E/B crosspath on your pretender, just need to forge Earth Boots for an E1 Warlock.
>>
>>144562235
You pretty much just want Dawn Guards when you need magic weapons. They're 45 gold, and you have infantry with comparable stats for 30 gold that also have javelins
>>
>>144562681
Man Eater has better mobility (though amphib is a plus) and having an actual Father Illearth caster is nice.

Although yeah mostly it was just a "not erfsnek" option.
>>
Does Dragons still need to be on 48h turn timers? If that was the plan, kinda like Nobullies, and I missed that then no problem but I just want some turns.
>>
>>144561735
1. Don't recruit Ba'als. They have very limted use and you'll never need 1-3 tops for certain spells/forging duty. It's almost always better to go for Melqarts if you need a blood mage.

2. your FAES 200% mage is actually a very good battle mage and can carry you for awhile due to their High HP and decent fighting ability. If you can squeeze A4 on your pretender chassis of choice it makes the A2s a lot better and you can basically become a psuedo-T strike nation.

IF you rely on your reserach/battle mages and chariots early on you can survive till early mid game. If you get boosters for your A's and Get strong E magic you have a real shot making it till end game, especially if you get a E2 melqart which will be your go-to SC chassis
>>
>>144568446
Is it really worth it to get an A4 bless when you only get the A2 mage variant 25% of the time?

I know you spam a lot of them, so you're bound to get a few but it seems weird to spend points on that.

Kinda stuck on pretender design atm actually. I think growth 3 is a given, but I'm not sure if I should go for scales/big bless/awake expansion pretender is the best way to go. I get a lot of mixed info from reading forum posts about Hinnom. Lot of people say the sacred troops are unsustainable/not worth their cost.
>>
>>144569915
Hinnom's expansion with ponies is fantastic, so you take an awake iff you want to get super massive early on.

I like an N9 imprisoned with scales, since it's cheap, useful for thugging, and still ok on Se'ir
>>
>>144569915
you don't get the A4 for the bless. You get it for the booster. the S/F/Es can boost themselves up but the A2s will always be reglated to crap duty unless you get that one guy who can cast storm, so you either rely on your A4 hero or get a pretender to forge A4 or the Winged helm Air booster.

Also Scales are a given, your a nation is hungry for gold 24/7. I go O3P2/H3/G3 minimal. You consider dom 5/6 since you can sacrifice and you won't be recruiting sacreds anyway.

Typical builds are N9 full scales, N9E4 with good scales, A4 Pure scales, or just plan old super scales
>>
Hey admin, Agartha requested an extension for the current turn
>>144382949
>>
>>144570598
Thanks for the advice.

I'm still not familiar with a lot of the staples of each magic path, so forging air boosters and the ability to cast storm didn't occur to me.
>>
How is EA Atlantis supposed to research? Their cheapest mage is 210 (Non sacred) and their only other mage is 400 plus gold str but sacred.

Recruit Indy mages? Or just go for the big guys (who have about the same upkeep as the *cheap* 210 ones.
>>
>>144571648
Your basalt kings are cap only, and you max-recruit them for combat because big E is great.

Yes, your mages are expensive for research. It's unfortunate, but they're pretty good mages overall and it's nice to have lots of them when you're ready to mobilize them to fight
>>
>>144571648
my suggestion is you stop being a little bitch
>>
>>144571648
Obviously you recruit all three. Basalt Kings because they're great, str and cap only so you need to recruit them constantly to have enough. Mages of the Deep because that's what your other UW forts can make and you need lots of mages. Plus they can get astral and do some useful things with that. Any indie mage with an actual higher gold-to-RP-ratio usually also has non-national paths, so you should get them as well.
>>
>>144571648
EA Atlantis is garbage
>>
Which nation would be strongest if they could recruit their cap-only mages from any fort.
>>
>>144573147
MA/LA Abysia
>>
>>144573147
Fomoria
>>
>>144573147
I want to say Fomoria, but LA Abysia has a pretty good edge, and you've got the likes of Neifelheim and EA Caelum as well.

Most EA nations become retardedly powerful if you give them cap-only mages from any fort desu
>>
>>144572250
EA Atlantis is fine
>>
>>144574296
>>144572250
EA Atlantis is arguably the strongest UW nation.
>>
>>144573147

>>144574289
Probably one of the Abysias, yeah. I'd actually say MA Abysia, in part because they'd be the best blood nation of MA and are currently kneecapped by trash research mages

>>144573768
Fomorian Druids are actually already pretty decent. Nemedians are great, and I can see how switching over would give you an advantage, but it wouldn't suddenly become a strong nation the way that Abysia would with rec anywhere warlocks
>>
>>144573147
MA Machaka would be most improved. [/spoilers]Black sorcerors are monsters
>>
>>144574289
You won't be able to recruit Fomorian Kings/Nemedian Sorceressess in every castle every turn anyway. On the other hand, Abysia could recruit almost exclusively Warlocks and Warlock Apprentices, which would give them both amazing research (on a nation with incredibly easy access to lightless lanterns) and very strong battlemages.
>>
>>144574853
True. Black Sorcerers are so much better than regular Sorcerers. And they actually get some useful crosspaths instead of F/N while being quite cheap.
>>
Have faith lads, there's life in the changelog

Ys soon
>>
>>144574991
You forget that they're StR, so the upfront gold cost is effectively halved.
>>
>>144572216
>>144571870
Thanks for the advice. I'll just suck it up and hire more expensive knowing they are worth the cost.
>>
>>144576216
yeah, but you also have half as many of them.

Kings are great, and being able to recruit them elsewhere is nice, but you don't need them from every fort
>>
File: venturing into ermor.jpg (705 KB, 764x1417) Image search: [Google]
venturing into ermor.jpg
705 KB, 764x1417
twiceborn
>>
Still need NoBones players
>>
File: meme games.png (117 KB, 1327x418) Image search: [Google]
meme games.png
117 KB, 1327x418
>>
File: 1405798613717.png (951 KB, 1026x509) Image search: [Google]
1405798613717.png
951 KB, 1026x509
Why arent we in the 4x general?
>>
>>144587006
Because then it would end up like Rougelike general except with Dom instead of Soup.
>>
>>144587323
Is dominions really that popular compared to other 4x?

I would have thought that we'd end up like CoQ or one of the other less popular roguelikes.
>>
>>144587464
it was genuinely dead for a while until stellaris
cix will probably keep it alive for a couple more years though, depending on expansions
>>
>>144588109
Huh, surprising.

I guess dom4 is a lot more multiplayer-focused, which helps to keep us alive.
>>
You can now waifu Reimu
http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/magic-enhanced-beta-release-was-endgame-spells/page/3#1079504
>>
File: dom4loss.png (9 KB, 302x272) Image search: [Google]
dom4loss.png
9 KB, 302x272
>>
>>144591572
Well done.
>>
>>144592184
Jesus, what even is that?
>>
File: dolphinthehyena.jpg (83 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
dolphinthehyena.jpg
83 KB, 600x338
C'tis where you at homie? Chingland givin you trouble?
>>
>>144591572
i don't get it

also i'm going to post here some memes:

>rejakor memes
>ulm turn 1 stale
>malakal is a diplomonster beware of him
>kingmaking
>quadbless
>MAGE SUPPORT
>sucubus with bear claw talisman
>dogpile the strong nation
>skellispam
>500 ghosts in a uw fortress
>abandoned lab in a province where you built a lab that exact turn
>burden of time
>blood magic has viable counters
>aboleth trap
>>
File: Tien'Chi Diplomacy.png (836 KB, 879x653) Image search: [Google]
Tien'Chi Diplomacy.png
836 KB, 879x653
>>144592704
I'm here. And me and the Chinks are actually getting along all right for the moment. I'm Australian and I have some important stuff happening around now though so my turns might come in at odd times. They will come in though. Working on this one now.
>>
Pangea we need to talk. Who's taking (38) Windsong Forest. At the moment it looks like this could get bloody if we aren't careful.
>>
2016-06-05 10:59:08 +0200
Tweaked some recruitment costs

2016-05-29 09:45:57 +0200
Modding nametypes cleared Oceania names

2016-05-28 09:57:49 +0200
Battle cleanup
Typo

2016-05-27 21:50:33 +0200
Performance improvement for battles

2016-05-27 21:32:06 +0200
Viewing enormous battles could crash the game
Fixed graphical glitches for enormous battles

2016-05-27 16:25:12 +0200
Bronze weapon stat fixes
Ermor/Lemuria random gods starts with sloth 3
Ys troop fixes
Description fixes
Mindless are not affected by feeblemind
Mindless cannot get feeblemind/dementia from ordinary means
Master ritualist fixes
Mind Hunt & Astral Projection cannot be cast by mindless
Modded: #twohanded should work now
Boar Warrior cost 30 -> 22
Agartha lower cost of many troops
Minor balance changes

2016-05-26 11:59:57 +0200
Theorodos dominion now creates ghosts for disciple forts as well
Typos and description fixes
Event fixes
Master Smith info printed on magic items
Age 10 years after Bind Demon Lord didn't work
Casters will spread out Encase in Ice more

Some of these are a big deal.
>>
>>144594392
>Agartha lower cost of many troops
Which Agartha? I assume EA.
>Mindless are not affected by feeblemind
>Mindless cannot get feeblemind/dementia from ordinary means
These really only affects golems AFAIK.
>>
>>144594962
Statues in general are mindless. Feeblemind decreases MR which makes them more susceptible to spells like Arcane Domination.
>>
>>144595203
>Statues in general are mindless. Feeblemind decreases MR which makes them more susceptible to spells like Arcane Domination.

How often does this matter (serious)? Feeblemind isn't exactly easy to spread before.
>>
>>144564749
48 hours is the standard set time as some of us are busy men with jobs, families etc.

I know a guy in the game was away over the weekend on a distant trip but 48 hours gives enough for that to be fine. In any case message me for delays if you need them.

If people take their time, you're free to bully them.
>>
>>144593765
Aight cool story. Its a bit more eventful here, as Caelum is occupying a territory close to mine and is demanding gold for it. Best of luck with lizard/chink relations friend.
>>
>>144595917
Cool, at the moment we need to work out how to divide Lanka. Tien'Chi, you can have first dibs as long as you stay away from that Throne to the South. I want that.

And Pan you greedy goat-niggers if you touch that independent territory full of skeltals you'll regret it. I'd take it now if I wasn't concerned about accidentally killing all your centaurs if this message misses you.
>>
>>144595606
This is extremely niche, but against MA Agartha, it's occasionally useful for death nations to make a bunch of Bows of Botulf set to Fire: Large to take out their oracles (since it will target them and not any of the size 3 or below dudes).

Since you have the bows against them anyways, you'll occasionally have them firing on statues which can feeblemind them. It's not a big deal there, since the only statues that this has a major effect on are the H2 dudes since it prevents them from self blessing, but that's not generally important.
>>
Hey Sauro. I am taking that sea province of yours. Nothing personal, but I need to protect my clay.
>>
>>144587006
Dominions is a wargame, not 4X
>>
>>144599206
Don't know why I find that face so funny.
>>
>>144596093

I do fully plan to take that province.
>>
>>144599206
bruh my war-shambler mercs are making their egress through there
i thought you'd do that though so i gave them orders to retreat but if i hadn't atlantian would have shed his brother's blood, and that ain't the right order
even still they might get pushed back into nief's cap ring
>>
>>144599797
I'm not going there right now but watch your expansion. I'm pushing along south pretty hard so stay out of my way. Where are you focusing your expansion?

I'm getting along so well with Tien'Chi, I'd hate for this to get ugly.
>>
>>144599874
Mercs die when they retreat, you know.
>>
File: 1437171051994.jpg (19 KB, 178x337) Image search: [Google]
1437171051994.jpg
19 KB, 178x337
>>144600185
well this is why i'm in a noob game
>>
>>144599874
I was wondering what was going on there
>>
>>144600316
putting the name in the options box like an idiot
>>
>>144600145

I'm focusing my expansion in every direction, but I've hit people every direction but south. So yeah... I'm going south too.
>>
>>144600684
Touch that throne and this might get ugly. I think that our south will be pretty brutal in the future, with lots of empty space and a braindead Lanka to be claimed.

I'm not going out of my way to fight anybody but I won't let myself get boxed out of what I want either. The one true GIRUGAMESH demands thrones.
>>
Aw, its so nice to see all the little babs trying to get along

I can't wait for the blood and salt to flow
>>
>>144600848

That throne way to the south? That's not my concern at the moment. I'm mainly focused on wrapping around my mountain.
>>
>>144601117
soon very soon
>>
Reminder that Yomi is your friend.
>>
File: 1455590878684.png (234 KB, 468x468) Image search: [Google]
1455590878684.png
234 KB, 468x468
>>144601129
>wrapping around my mountain
it's my mountain, I'm letting you sit on it while I do real things.
>>
File: 1436414522880.png (26 KB, 419x296) Image search: [Google]
1436414522880.png
26 KB, 419x296
>>144601216
Oni are not to be trusted
>>
>>144601268

Cute
>>
File: 1461883034684.jpg (21 KB, 258x322) Image search: [Google]
1461883034684.jpg
21 KB, 258x322
>>144601408
KEEP PUSHING GIRUGAMESH, THE LIZARD KING OF C'TIS DARES YOU! OUR SLAVES WILL EAT YOUR FUCKING HIDES!
>>
File: oni7.jpg (40 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
oni7.jpg
40 KB, 320x320
>>144601407
Oni are the true enlightened ones
>>
>>144599874
How did you end near nifelheim? Expansion gambit gone wrong?
>>
File: myfield.jpg (40 KB, 460x377) Image search: [Google]
myfield.jpg
40 KB, 460x377
>>144601548

Such anger from such cute lizards
>>
>>144596093
>first dibs

Thanks bb, it's appreciated.
>>
>>144601686
pretty much it
wasn't a total wash, i managed to negotiate some gold for my mercs' troubles and appropriated some extra from duvan itself
>>
File: Gondam.jpg (168 KB, 639x478) Image search: [Google]
Gondam.jpg
168 KB, 639x478
>>144601698
THIS GAME IS GOING TO END WITH ONE OF US DEAD, I ASSURE YOU OF THAT.

>>144601843
np, Tien'Chi. You guys are cool.
>>
>>144545553
Jumping onto this I need a sub as well

Fattend Yomi
Late Atlantis
KingofBullies Agartha
Memegeddon Pelagia.
>>
File: highlanderbabby.jpg (53 KB, 500x505) Image search: [Google]
highlanderbabby.jpg
53 KB, 500x505
>>144602084

This is what we look like to the vets. Do you really want to look like this?
>>
File: 1459385956305.png (138 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1459385956305.png
138 KB, 375x375
>>144602248
You're right, I didn't come here for bloodshed.
>>
>>144601962
Heck guys, I'm just glad to be here stuck between such great friends
>>
File: 1454586746017.jpg (64 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1454586746017.jpg
64 KB, 960x960
>>144602248
>>144602434
Satyrs and lizards, you both speak with words and yet no guarantees are made. A flame that burns fierce but doesn't spread is a flame short-lived indeed. There is clearly only one option from this series of events, and I suggest one of you take it before a third contender comes in, leaving both of you to stagnate.

Regards, The Great Flambini
>>
File: 1451895007558.png (341 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1451895007558.png
341 KB, 640x480
>>144603172
Flambini, would you happen to live near us?

Flambini is too clever my liking, what are everybody's thoughts on a lizards-goatfuckers-chinks alliance to kill him?
>>
File: 1394273862971.png (91 KB, 321x456) Image search: [Google]
1394273862971.png
91 KB, 321x456
Noobs are so cute, I wish I was playing in their game.
>>
>>144603172
ey abysia, get in chat for a sec if you still around
>>
>>144603298
Even those in distant provinces can hear your ramblings, I am simply offering advice on the matters.
>>
>>144603479
Me too and for similar reasons. I just hope that they don't burn out and continue playing with such determination
>>
>>144594392
The only thing that matters is the coming of Ys and our new aquatic overlords
>>
>>144609913
Don't worry. They're underwater ELVES and elves don't rule anyone. They're meant to be bullied rather than obeyed.
>>
>>144610202
>humans salty about getting dominated by elves

What's the matter, roundear? Mad that your girl only wants this BIG ELF COCK? I'll just sneak up in here and fuck her while you're out building your shed or whatever it is humans do.
>>
>>144610906
>BIG ELF COCK
Is that you Dagda?
>>
>>144549312
>Magic Expanded/Item Units

have they been announced? what they would supposedly do?
>>
>>144611514
It's a mod
>>
>>144611514
>>144611758
Well, two mods
>>
>>144611296
>elves are irish

Much like the Irish, this gingerjew meme needs to die
>>
I'm new, is the Capricorn faction any good? Something about sea beastmen appeals to me
>>
>>144616204
It's pretty bad in competitive multiplayer, but if you like their lore, go ahead and play them. Remember to have at least one AI underwater nation, though, otherwise you won't have much to do under the waves.
>>
File: 1459571269056.jpg (110 KB, 703x397) Image search: [Google]
1459571269056.jpg
110 KB, 703x397
>>144616367
Sad face. Are land beastmen alright?
>>
>>144616720
EA Pangaea is upper-mid tier, MA Pangaea is arguably the strongest nation in the era (I'd say say the second strongest after Ermor), LA Pangaea is mid-tier.
>>
>>144616720
Land beastmen are among the strongest factions in Early and Middle Ages and are still okay in Late Ages. Good troops and strong mages with nice magic paths for various buffs.

Also, by 'pretty bad in multiplayer' I mean mostly that they have limited options on land, where the playing them.
>>
Whoops.
>>144616983
* I mean mostly that they have limited options on land, where the games are decided. You can still have a lot of fun playing them.
>>
>>144616983
I like warhammer beastman. Pangea seems much more benevolent. This about random butchery
>>
>>144618928
Asphodel is what you want for a darker take on Beastmen.
>>
>>144619571
I heard its a popkill Nation and that popkill nations get mobbed by jealous neighbours. Is this true?
>>
>>144620695
In the case of Ermor and Lemuria, yes, since they get increasing more annoying to remove as time goes on. Asphodel isn't as dangerous as them so they're not as likely to be public enemy number 1.
>>
File: 1403930463777.jpg (260 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1403930463777.jpg
260 KB, 1920x1080
>>144591572
even in this /domg/ loss is felt
>>
File: 1417197367378.jpg (99 KB, 599x590) Image search: [Google]
1417197367378.jpg
99 KB, 599x590
>>144593765
>diplomacy with lambert
>>
>>144621706
Shush, just because I'm helping teach Jude how to play doesn't make this remotely my fault.
>>
File: 1429069598747.jpg (102 KB, 815x312) Image search: [Google]
1429069598747.jpg
102 KB, 815x312
Still looking for a sub for Helheim. He's not a bad position and it's sum1mod Helheim so it's not as shitty a nation as it usually is.
>>
>>144622114
Sure, fine, I the patron saint of subbing into shit positions shall aid you.
>>
File: 1445528842923.jpg (18 KB, 500x613) Image search: [Google]
1445528842923.jpg
18 KB, 500x613
>>144622159
get in chat then negro
>>
>>144620695
Asphodel has a lot weaker popkill, so it's not as annoying. They also want gold, so they're generally not going to be spreading their dominion as heavily as other domkill nations.

Both of those make them a lot easier to get along with.

>>144621045
This too, Asphodel doesn't get 2000 ghosts in a fort.
>>
File: 1457247214208.png (57 KB, 671x588) Image search: [Google]
1457247214208.png
57 KB, 671x588
Is maverni in this thread? Haven't seen him here yet and we're neighbours so we should probably chat.
>>
File: provincepreview.png (2 MB, 1590x828) Image search: [Google]
provincepreview.png
2 MB, 1590x828
holy fuck i hate drawing province lines

if i had a robot
i would make it do this
>>
>>144622347
I'm here, are we gonna talk about how we'll be friends cause I would like that.
>>
>>144622856
Man, that's going to be a huge map.

How many nations are you planning to place on it?
>>
So, is Pangaea from LAte to the party in here?
>>
>>144623325
My friends and I have finished three nations so far. Three more have everything done but the sprites. We have 10 or 12 planned for just the right continent, plus two underwater nations.

I have no idea what we were thinking but oh well. Total conversion I guess.
>>
>>144623149
Yeah that'd be ideal. I sent you a message in game about which province I was thinking of taking for our border but I can't remember what number it was now.
>>
>>144623990
Oh wow, I didn't realize you were making nations too. Any chance we can just have the map once you're finished for a new meme game?
>>
>>144624330
That's why I'm posting the WIPs occasionally. I thrive on OC and couldn't be happier to share it with you wonderful idiots.
Water provinces might take a while though. I'm not planning to leave them without their own subtle details like the surface iconography.
>>
>>144625532
If you need any help with the code stuff, just ask, we're happy to help and insane enough to make some weird stuff work.
>>
>>144622317
Pretender wish is aAsphodel similar to pan? But they need growth and magic to maximise freespawn? I really have little idea
>>
File: 1464701436531.jpg (175 KB, 960x800) Image search: [Google]
1464701436531.jpg
175 KB, 960x800
>>144610906
>BIG ELF COCK
>>
>>144626031
The freespawn is variable, they have crap attack scores but lots of attacks of AN sleep damage, so really good against armour and single targets, shit against everything else.
The black centaurs are the same great cap sacreds Pan has. Forests still get lab monkies. Elephant Manikins are fucking hilarious.
>>
File: reaver.png (7 KB, 218x106) Image search: [Google]
reaver.png
7 KB, 218x106
>>144625901
I'm mostly doing the spritework and that entire map from scratch fuck and one guy's already doing all the coding. He's fucking fast, too. We sketch out the idea for a nation and come back the next day to the entire thing coded out, only missing sprites. Gives me one hell of a backlog, but I fucking love working with the dom4 artstyle.
>>
>>144626031
Yeah, they typically take W9. Imprisoned and dumping sloth and temp should give you plenty of points to max out the other scales.
>>
>>144628945
Huh, you already have a mad coder, does he have any stuff he wants to share?
>>
Any games looking for pretenders?
>>
>>144630429
NoBones on Llamaserver is I think
>>
>>144630798
>NoBones
I'm guessing no Ermor or skelly nations.
>>
File: i_posted_this_one_before.png (10 KB, 238x126) Image search: [Google]
i_posted_this_one_before.png
10 KB, 238x126
>>144630056
I wouldn't know. Honestly, I know the dom4 code pretty well, too. It's not like it's difficult to get the hang of.
>>
>>144630798
Also ErmorOp is looking for people I believe.
>>
>>144630883
I think so, probably just no popkill nations in general though
>>
>>144630883
>>144631145
If I remember right, it was no ermor and no sceleria.
>>
File: 1422161939695.jpg (592 KB, 1240x918) Image search: [Google]
1422161939695.jpg
592 KB, 1240x918
>that feeling when you do 4 games worth of scripting in 2 hours
I'll never be as good as lambert-sensei but I'm on my way!
>>
>>144622856
2desaturated4me
>>
>>144633745
>ejaculate in my cervix

This is what virgins actually believe.
>>
Joined NoBones as Jotunheim since it's the only nation that can adequately make up for the skeleton deficit
>>
Are Abysia, Ctis, Berytos, and Marverni chainstaling in MemegeddonIII?
>>
>>144623990
Cool.
What kind of nations.
Any death themed nations?
>>
File: 1462694910983.jpg (451 KB, 1170x780) Image search: [Google]
1462694910983.jpg
451 KB, 1170x780
I need a temporary sub/subs for June 11-18th
Memegeddoniii Atlantis
Awfulgame Azothia
FattenedCalf R'lyeh
>>
>>144635863
C'tis isn't, but the other three are.
>>
File: 2016-06-06_18-15-08.png (298 KB, 476x436) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-06_18-15-08.png
298 KB, 476x436
i have not played this game for a long time, i might join a game as ma arco. what would even be a good pretender?
is this dude ok?
>>
>>144636461
The blood is probably not worth the points, might as well go E3 so that you can make some earth boots and then make staffs of elemental mastery, and take it imprisoned since it's not going to be doing so much for you without a good amount of research anyway.
>>
>>144636461
>Arco
>2blood
>>
>>144636461
Alternatively, an N9E4 statue so that you can make shrouds for golem thugs and some communion slaves, since golems go from being pretty decent without an N9 shroud to being nigh on unkillable for unprepared armies with one.
>>
>>144595606
Are statues affected by nether darts?
>>
>>144628945
Coding nations is easy as shit, I can make three on a rainy saturday if I don't need to write lore. (Balance only exists through testing).

He suckered you into the hard job.
>>
>>144628945
Thats an awesome sprite.
>>
File: 1401240117656.png (322 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
1401240117656.png
322 KB, 945x945
Vanheim you're alright, don't come to 181 or 251 tomorrow
>>
>>144638386
Lore makes the nation though, otherwise we might as well just make 100 natgens and sift through them.
>>
ded thred
>>
File: FEAR THE WRATH OF 1 PD.gif (336 KB, 580x416) Image search: [Google]
FEAR THE WRATH OF 1 PD.gif
336 KB, 580x416
>>
File: 2016-06-06_19-34-25.png (368 KB, 497x524) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-06_19-34-25.png
368 KB, 497x524
>>144636951
so...this?

i have no idea where to put the last points.I suppose i can do well with just production 1 since i got elephants.
>>
>>144603479

I was actually getting burned out before the noobie game started, but I figured this would be a good chance to try again. I don't have anywhere near the enthusiasm as C'tis... I'm just feeding the flames of his enthusiasm to gut/skin/enslave me. It's fun seeing him get so riled up.
>>
>>144643301
I'd switch out the prod with luck
>>
>>144643440
>luck with order

would that be even worth it unless i go full luck 3?
>>
>>144643803
No because luck (the scale) is required for some gem related events.
>>
File: 2016-06-06_19-50-15.png (346 KB, 490x524) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-06_19-50-15.png
346 KB, 490x524
>>144644156
>>144643301
so...what about this? i dropped order to 2, which is painful, but i'd rather keep E4 for cheaper global casts(rings come a bit too late)
>>
>>144644859
Forget what that guy said, drop luck to 0, take order 3, boost dom to 7 or 8 and then put whatever is left into magic scales
>>
>>144644859
I'd go with Order 3, Luck 1, and Magic 1
>>
>>144645514
That's only like 2000 gold worth of temples. You can't get better luck except via thrones.
>>
>>144645635
Still early domkill bait if you start next to Pan
>>
>>144646320
Why would that matter? It's percentage wise. Arco can easily defend themselves by researching earth meld.
>>
>>144646660
Being able to defend yourself literally won't help against domkill.
>>
>>144646954
Domkill doesn't matter as much as it used to since it's now 50%+(5% dom strength).
>>
>>144646954
>thinks Dom6 isn't enough unless you start next to a blood sacrifice nation
>>
>>144535289
Dont die on me
>>
File: let go.jpg (62 KB, 749x424) Image search: [Google]
let go.jpg
62 KB, 749x424
>>144651138
>>
>>144570972

I managed to take it, it's all good now.
>>
File: gif.gif (4 MB, 600x517) Image search: [Google]
gif.gif
4 MB, 600x517
>tfw I want to run away from my turns but I feel obligated
>>
>Ys

I haven't been around for a long while, literally who?
>>
>>144653762
UW elf nation in development
>>
>>144653762
Illfraud isn't satisfied with how many elves there are in the game and want to add underwater elves to the mix too. This will help UW gameplay somehow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ys
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 129

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.