[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DOOM General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: 20160517041611_1.jpg (522 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160517041611_1.jpg
522 KB, 1920x1080
Wraiths edition.
No one knows who they were, or what they were doing.

>DOOM General chat
https://discord.gg/011CjebySrvObyBJk

>Classic DOOM guide
http://oi63.tinypic.com/p0fb9.jpg

>Wiki
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_%282016%29

>Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybo30QlSk64

>Thread Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V19RWUghcH8

>Tip of the Day
Shoot it until it dies

Yes it's good, stop asking.
WE NEED MAPPERS AND PLAYTESTERS! APPLY TODAY!
>>
File: 20160524182431_1.jpg (588 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160524182431_1.jpg
588 KB, 1920x1080
So after some valid criticism of the dark room at the end of the Avatar of Sin map, I've hit the drawing board again.

It was dumb of me to think everyone has the same brightness settings as me, my monitor enhances features in dark areas so I have no problem with the room, but either way I admit it is unimaginative to simply have a fight in darkness.

So instead, I've decided to have the lights flicker on and off during the fights, and I'm currently tweaking exactly how long they stay off/on for each encounter. Fights like the cacodemons obviously that are hard to see I'll want more visibility, so I'll probably have a faster strobe, but enemies like the glowing Razers I might leave them off for longer.

I'd love some input.
>>
>>143405483
at first i hated the dark room, but my second runthrough i had no issues with it
>>
/vg/DOOM discord:
https://discord.gg/011CjebySrvObyBJk
>>
I've got a map I'm working on but I want to lead the player across the level to the exit by spawning enemy groups in the required rooms after he flips the switch that unlocks the door. The logic is supposed to flow that the next spawn happens after the current fight ends but they don't trigger.
>>
anyone on ps4 want to MP?
>>
>>143414185
I probably wouldn't mind if Doom didn't seem to be actively trying to kill my PS4. Every time I run the disk it crashes my PS4. At best, I get to the opening of the Single Player and it talks about ripping and tearing then POP it crashes.

But so far it usually doesn't even get that far. It just crashes my PS4, turning off my controller and cutting the video feed, but the light for the machine is still on but the power button is nonresponsive. The only way to turn it off is to unplug it.

I went back and got a new disk, same fucking issue. I have no goddamn idea what to do.
>>
File: 20160524193224_1.jpg (491 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160524193224_1.jpg
491 KB, 1920x1080
>>143409054
I'm already neck deep in this shit, so the republish is happening.
Thanks for telling me though, maybe I'll keep the light on duration down to minimum of one second, and during the 6 baron phase I'll have them flicker at half second and color shift.

Unless anyone has any objections, that's the new publish I'll do tonight.

At this exact moment I'm testing and fine-tuning the speed differentials during haste and finding a way to better balance it so it becomes a reload-speed boost instead of speed boost.
>>
>>143416813
So I got the yellow key.
And used it.
And died immediately.
>>
>>143415438
I would contact sony. When I bought my ps2 it was shotty from the factory and they replaced it with no hassle.
>>
>>143418248
I've been using this ps4 for like, two years and it's worked fine. The other games still seem to work same as they always have. I've never had this problem before, now it happens every time I try to run Doom, and ONLY when I run Doom.

But it's not the disk. I had a used disk first, got it replaced with a new one, still had the same issue. I've tried deleting the game and the save data and reinstalling it, but it's not working. At this point I'm playing another game waiting for the update to download again, which take four fucking hours.
>>
>>143404897
>>>Thread Theme
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V19RWUghcH8
>Finding the Secrets
Good taste OP
>>
>>143416813
So I discovered that Haste lasts exactly 31.3 seconds, so I set a timer to restrict movement speed to 0% at exactly 31.3 seconds and saw how far I could run with and without haste, then fine tuned them until the distances were the same. This is where I've wound up, which is basically pixel perfect, so Haste has been officially retooled to be Reload Speed. I wonder if I have play the Vega clip Reload on pickup if it will replace him saying Haste?

>>143417905
Be thankful, that room originally had 8 Hell Knights and 2 Cacaodemons and a doorlock. It was one of the first major nerfs I did right before my first publish, I cut it down to six and one but removed the haste, I also removed the doorlock though so you should be able to kite them back the way you came. Now that I have haste working as intended however I might put it back.

>>143420407
Just trying to find ways to expand our OP, and yeah that's still my favorite classic tune. Really hoping we're given a way to place custom music into snapmaps, officially or otherwise.
>>
>picked Nightmare for my first run
>got to the Lazarus Labs
>suddenly, artificial difficulty kicks in
This is retarded. I have no BFG ammo, haven't gotten chainsaw fuel for about 2 hours, and I'm being swarmed by Hell Knights, Aaron Rodgers Imps, those faggot nofunallowed shield guys, Mancubi, and Revenants every room. And the room I'm stuck on now is tiny and is poorly designed in terms of fluidity, so I'm running into walls or the fist of a Hell Knight.

Think I'm dropping down to Ultra Violence. When the Imps literally have their fireballs change trajectory in mid-air to follow me, the game goes from difficult to flat out cheating.

On the plus side, playing on Nightmare made me a beast in multiplayer.
>>
File: 20160524215900_1.jpg (378 KB, 1920x541) Image search: [Google]
20160524215900_1.jpg
378 KB, 1920x541
>>143421963
Of course I forgot my image why wouldn't I
>>
File: 1462646502446.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1462646502446.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>can't paste snapmap codes into ingame search box
>>
>>143423762
No features that can't be supported on consoles are allowed in to the codebase.
>>
>>143424026
Gotta love console parity
>>
CRACK WHEN

Why is this game so fucking expensive. Haven't seen a 60bucks game in a while.
>>
>>143429743
>Game is the same price as every other new AAA release
>Why is it so expensive

Stop being poor.
>>
>>143430045
>Stop being poor.
Its not that easy, m9
>>
>>143430045

I'm a poor ass college student living on my own. I'd love to be rich, I realllllly would be.
>>
I'm on PC, I made a fairly difficult survival map with 4 main waves, it's impossible with one guy cause not enough ammo so I need someone to test with me, any taker?
>>
>>143421963
That sounds like a ridiculous amount of effort for a map
>>
File: Cacao Strobe.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Cacao Strobe.webm
2 MB, 900x506
>>143405483
Okay, finally finished this shit.
Give opinions please.

>>143430954
If you still need help I'd lend a hand, I need a break, my brain is starting to hurt.
>>
File: SOON.png (115 KB, 933x116) Image search: [Google]
SOON.png
115 KB, 933x116
So all I know is, the single-player is god-like. The music is some of the best I've heard in a shooter for the last 16 years. But if the MP beta is anything to go on, standard MP is trash.

Are there servers on PC that host custom game modes and snapmap content? Or is the online solely the sub-Halo tier shooter we got in beta.
>>
>>143435071
MQ2MVSFF is the code.
>>
File: Baron Strobe.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Baron Strobe.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>143435071
Also debating a color change during the last phase, thoughts?
>>
>>143435380
Mkay, host a lobby and I'll search.
>>
Does any one know what the red triangular canister things are? They show up late in the single player and tend to be right next to ammo piles like it is ammo, but you can't pick it up.
>>
>>143435270
You can matchmake into snapmap content but there aren't a lot of people playing, part of the problem is that you can't join snapmap games already in progress.
>>
I wish the multiplayer weren't so grimdark looking. Yeah yeah, it's Doom, I get it, but every level I played has walls covered in blood. I'd like more UAC levels.
>>
>>143435573
>>143435071
Alright, final final version is up.

2J8SL874

Added lighting in darkroom, speed balancing for Haste pickups, and health balancing around the Red keycard. I also finally implemented the double score for the Nightmare button, so the scoreboard can appropriately separate the men from the boys.

I also went back on my urge to put up POIs for the boss switches. I just decided that if the audio cues, glowing terminals, and giant green spotlights aren't enough for people to get the hint then I'm shocked they made it there in the first place.
>>
>>143436651
some kind of grenade maybe?
>>
File: 20160526081908_1.jpg (422 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160526081908_1.jpg
422 KB, 1920x1080
>>143441372
A few things.

First off, I get the feeling that they player is not supposed to spawn directly into the final room when booting up the map. Not too sure, it could be some new age "Catch a glimpse of the boss then get sent back to the start" kind of thing, but I'm not sure here.

Second off, dark room Hell Raisers right before said final room. I'm getting the feeling that they are designed to waste your ammo here since it takes a whopping 3 super shotgun shots to Glory Kill them. I know what you do get the Rocket Launcher to help with this, but if you for some odd reason die before this room, you respawn with out it, and its pickup location will remain empty.

Not that big of a deal, but the Hell Raiser wave doesn't come with ammo, so with only one weapon you will almost always run out in the Cacodemon wave as a result. A single ammo box spawn would alleviate this.
>>
Will we get DLC?
>>
>>143424371
It's where all the sales come from
>>
File: 20160523021455_1.jpg (851 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160523021455_1.jpg
851 KB, 1920x1080
>>143443869
Jesus fucking christ, Going on 20 fucking hours of mapping straight, I'm losing my mind. I had the spawn at the end to test the last fight, I can NOT believe I forgot to move it back before publishing it. I'm so fucking embarassed. Republished with proper spawning.

ZUNQSK6X

Ugh. Anyways it sounds like you've played it at least once before, and as far as the dark room goes, the ammo rationing is by design. The thing is you need to only pick up the ammo boxes when you need them. I have every box doubled, meaning they are 36 shells each. If you pick up boxes when you have 80+ shells you will run out, I tried doing same thing with health, punishing people for grabbing the large health while at 90 already.

Fuck me I"m going back to sleep, wake me up in 12 hours.
>>
What's the easiest method for setting up multiplayer doom 1 and 2? I tried looking at that tinypic link but the images is, well, tiny.
>>
>>143448569
Zandronum.com
>>
It's said that olivia's exoskeleton wracking her body woth pain from the skoliosis, and she refuses pain med for fear of dulling her mind, couldn't she have just had surgery done to sever the problematic nerve receptors?
>>
Holy fuck Doom 4 is trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-o-zxOUSPY

This is just embarrassing. Anyone claiming that Doom 4 is in any way comparable to the originals in speed is undeniably a shill.
>>
>>143456321
single player was fun on UV. it's a homage and a reboot, not a 1:1 remake.
multiplayer underwhelming
snapmaps kinda cool
i didnt feel buyers remorse till ~35 hours
>>
File: 1448271860636.png (3 MB, 1543x5500) Image search: [Google]
1448271860636.png
3 MB, 1543x5500
>>143448569
HERE
>>
>>143456321
It's not designed for these levels dumbass
>>
are the people on the multiplayer just really fucking bad? i have a 4 k/d right now and can't tell if it's because everyone's fucking trash or i'm just that much better than the average person
>>
>>143460335
Not him but is the player speed reduced in these areas or is it just cus they're a lot bigger than the regular levels?
>>
>>143462084

If the open beta was any indication, it's because they're really fucking bad.

I'm not really good at playing FPS against others (I'm dog shit at Quake Live), but I often kick ass at this game.
>>
>>143462852
There are plenty of big and massive areas on Doom 4 levels but those are much more vertical and enemies do know how to deal with it. Also regular levels dump demons with such different setups and combinations.
>>
>>143463862
i usually only have a 1.5 to 2 k/d in most fps games but a 4 k/d is a huge increase. i think you're right and that people are just really bad at this game

or, maybe, this game is 100% CBMM and doesn't factor skill in whatsoever with the matchmaking algorithm, but i doubt that's the case
>>
>>143462852
I could be wrong, but I'm under the impression that Classic Doom maps are relatively larger than Doom '16's missions. However, your run speed was also relatively faster in the original games, thus making your traversal time across those original maps roughly similar to your traversal time across the new ones. When you import the original layouts into the new game but keep the proportions the same without increasing the player's movement speed, the end result is that it 'feels' slower to move through them - Doomguy's current speed was designed to accommodate the new levels, not the old ones. The same phenomenon occurred with Wolfenstein: The New Order; playing classic Wolfenstein 3D levels is strange because it takes longer to run through them. Take this with a grain of salt as it's only conjecture on my part, but having played hundreds of hours of classic Doom across thousands of levels, it's the conclusion I've arrived at.
>>
>>143445440
Is it selling well?
>>
>>143465709
No official sales data yet from what I've seen, but SteamSpy.com estimates close to 500,000 from Steam alone. Combine that with console sales, and you're probably looking at well over a million copies within the first two weeks, perhaps more than 1.5 million. Also note that - according to UK sales charts, at least - the Week over Week drop-off is surprisingly low. Uncharted 4 dominated the UK charts in its first week, but its second week sales dropped by 78%, which I don't think is unexpected since high profile games like that see the majority of their sales at launch. Doom, on the other hand, only dropped 35%. Granted, it has the advantage of being a multi-platform release, but this does indicate that word of mouth and reviews finally being up after launch led to a considerable number of new copies being sold. It may have some decent longevity in weekly sales as word of mouth continues to spread and the market reacts to this seemingly strange new FPS that doesn't have reloading or regenerating health (which is a novel idea for a lot of people used to modern shooters), but we'll have to wait and see. In any case, I don't think it's doing badly at the moment.
>>
>>143464774
Doom 16 maps are bigger.
>>
How does one become a "Swag King"?
>>
>>143476116
No idea
>>
File: 1456954314428s.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1456954314428s.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>NuDoom might become so popular that other AAA game devs will try to copy what it did and make fast paced gameplay a trend, a la what happened when COD4 was released

Hell, certain recent AAA FPS games are beginning to show a little bit of an Arena FPS mentality, even before NuDoom came out.
>>
>>143481264
Like what?
>>
>>143481517
The first that come to mind are Advanced Warfare and BOIII. You could even argue that UT4 counts, too.
>>
>>143481797
I actually didn't like blops3 because it was too slow. The movement was a halfway decent pace but the health pools really slow the combat down.
I only got it because I liked blops2 and I was actually pretty disappointed with 3.
>>
>>143481264
The problem is that everyone is going to misunderstand what makes d44m good and fuck it up.
>>
>>143482475
True, but on the other hand, perhaps they'll mainly take inspiration from it, and make something that's new but with similar game design philosophies, if that makes sense.
>>
ultra-nightmare is pushing my shit in

and I swear to god if I have to listen to vega talk about upgrading my suit one more time I'm gonna snap
>>
>>143481797
UT4 is just a straight up continuation of one of the big oldschool FPS series, so I guess it only really counts inasmuch as we haven't had an Unreal game for a while.

>>143481264
I hope that doesn't happen, I'd like there to be actual variety in what comes out. There's a place for more measured, semirealistic FPS, though I wouldn't mind seeing the death of corridor shooters.
>>
>>143483717

They really should have had that stuff be automatically skipped in UN.
>>
Any way to make a map near pitch black?

And I wish there was a way to enable wjat sorts of attacks enemy use, and player speed.
>>
hey is the new doom cracked already?
>>
>>143481264
the funny part is that arena style shooters didn't actually go anywhere they either bombed or weren't successful enough

>>143481797
being fair nobody (or at the very least treyarch) working on the series actually wants to make call of dutys anymore.

treyarch made it obvious with the original black ops as the earliest example

>>143482301
not him but i thought BO2 was pretty bad

multiplayer while it wasn't bad it was basically the same as it ever was, zombies was a giant step back compared the first black ops with olny half of the maps actually being good and the only good thing about the single player was the RTS segments & having loadouts in the campaign
>>
>mfw brutal doom is a better experience than DooM4
for fuck's sake
>>
>>143493686
I think you are incorrect but I do admit because the demons hit like dump trucks and don't stun so easily, you don't spam executions so much in Brutal Doom
>>
>>143493792
I play in realism mode and its fun as fuck, and the shotgun actually feels good.

>3 hits to stun a zombie soldier

bullshit.
>>
>>143493871
I DO agree Weapons come out feeling gimped because of the nature of the Glory Kill mechanic
>>
So is this how it goes?

Doomguy, being trapped in Hell post Doom 2, kills his way across the helliverse for x period of time, until he meets up with the Night Sentinels. He helps them kill demons for another x time period until they are betrayed and the demons drop a castle on him after he kills their greatest warrior.

He is then put in a box with DO NOT OPEN until he is found by iron man, who will be the antagonist of any sequel that is made due to him stealing the lightsaber at the end.
>>
>>143496971
Basically. Also every wad ever made is somewhere in hell that he popped up at and had to cleanse of demons.
>>
File: 10-Part10_04_.jpg (44 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
10-Part10_04_.jpg
44 KB, 450x338
>tfw trying to find a way to cycle through integers in SnapMap with a repeat and string builder instead of having to build a clusterfuck spiderweb of connections to each integer to display it's value when a cycle would be better
I wish I could convert a string as integer value, because it builds the string just fine, but I have no way to turn that string into an integer...
>>
bamp
>>
>>143456321
>can't damage pinky from the front
But you can, they just take longer to kill from the front.
>>
File: 20160527041454_1.jpg (485 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160527041454_1.jpg
485 KB, 1920x1080
I am trying to make Simon Says, with 4 player support, and even a 3-strikes-and-you're-out rule with visible "healthbars". And already I'm having a headache, when I think of the amount of logic I need to setup...
>>
Why the hell is the music so fucking quiet in this game?
>>
>>143513182
you can adjust it
>>
>>143514521

It's maxed out and still quiet.
>>
>>143514735
you can lower everything else and turn up your system sound
>>
>>143514735
I didn't think it was quiet at all.
>>
>>143514735
Anon see your doctor you appear to be going deaf.
>>
File: 20160523070942_1.jpg (595 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160523070942_1.jpg
595 KB, 1920x1080

NX56VD8L

Fixed a bug that started the explosion chain before entering the Avatar room, fixed a bug that started the auto-haste when picking up yellow card, removed decals from final fight room because reflections of all those explosions was killing peoples FPS. Rebalanced health placements and made the exit viewable from the darkroom. Scoreboard will now properly reflect if you're in easy, normal or nightmare modes. Joining nightmare mode will now also give you ammo box equipment and a haste dispenser. Picked up floor clutter in two rooms and used the object % to place 60 new lights around the map for mood and emphasis.

Before I opened SnapMaps, I had 30 hours played. Since I started this map, I haven't done anything besides work on it, and I'm up to 138 hours. Send help.

>>143510994
>>143510994
>8.46% objects
>Only 846 logic nodes

Step it up son, only 30% of my objects is actually objects, which means 7000 logic nodes. That being said, if you want any help or advice let me know, I've found a way to just about anything in the last 100 hours. Best tip I can give you is Gates. Gates are your best friend.
>>
>>143518417
I have an idea of what I'm doing, it's just that I have just started building my idea and I try to think ahead ... a long way ahead.
In my other map, I almost hit the object percentage limit : 7X56DDYL , and no one has yet to complete it, how strange!
>>
>>143518417
I like your map a lot, but i'm not that good and hate spending 20 min an attempt on it
>>
>>143518679
Snapmap's search function is extremely shitty. It displays everything in a list starting with ! and symbols into numbers and then alphabetically.
And I've not noticed a way to jump to any where in the list, you just have to keep scrolling.
Unless you have a rare tag that people would actually search, you pretty much need to name your map something dumb like ! game to have it appear in a place where someone will see it.
Either that or shill your map online so people can find its code.
My survival map is 7TGYKFBM, pretty much designed for at least 2 players, I'd say for four but I can't figure out how to turn off friendly fire.
I'll play yours later tonight.
>>
File: 20160522193056_1.jpg (440 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160522193056_1.jpg
440 KB, 1920x1080
>>143519002
I'm really sorry to hear it man, I had a really hard decision to make when I first published it.
I could either have infinite lives, so everyone can finish it easily, and everyone would see all my hard work, or I make it challenging enough that the people that beat it feel like they earned the ending.

I'm starting to understand why so many modern games feel like watered down turds, they have to make sure they're easy and accessible enough for everyone to beat it or they won't get good reviews.

I don't know what to do man. I could give you the weapon unlock code you get for beating it if you like, if you promise not to spread it around.
>>
File: 3Hl6gae.0.0.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
3Hl6gae.0.0.png
1 MB, 1600x900
Huh, looks like Doom 2016 re-used the SSG from Call of Doom.

I wonder what other stuff they re-used.
>>
>>143519981
I don't want you to make it easier. I actually like your level a lot. It's just really hard for me. Maybe I should try the easier mode.
>>
>>143520585
It's silly to think they threw out 100% of the models and ideas they made.
They just changed the focus of the game from CoD to Doom and set it in the far future instead of the near future. I'll bet some of the demon designs were given minor changes and put into DOOM.
>>
File: doom491.png (545 KB, 958x535) Image search: [Google]
doom491.png
545 KB, 958x535
>>143520936

Argent tower anyone?
>>
File: 8AX7HTY.jpg (155 KB, 1000x525) Image search: [Google]
8AX7HTY.jpg
155 KB, 1000x525
>>143521491

I hope id sheds some more light on this version of the game some day, no matter how shitty it was.
>>
File: 20160524183315_1.jpg (493 KB, 1920x936) Image search: [Google]
20160524183315_1.jpg
493 KB, 1920x936
>>143520670
It would be a good way to get used to it, but just so you're aware, on easy mode you aren't allowed access to the final boss room

I tried really hard to make the level around the oldschool playstyle, modeled after Plutonia.wad level flow, so you've got to stick to the classic tactics. Just finished my fastest Nightmare run on my latest publish, so I can give you some advice if you like. I typically don't fire unless both barrels are literally in a demons nose. Never stop strafing, use pillars and corners for cover, use fast-peek-fire as often as possible.
Like the first Mancubus you find, I specifically put him in Defend mode so he won't leave that spot. Jump up to bait his shot, duck down to dodge then jump back to shoot him in the face, repeat until dead. The spiral staircase is the same way, except for the last one they are all in defend, so you can use the middle pillar for cover. Peek out, strafe back to dodge fire, jump around the pillar and blast him in the face, repeat. If there's a particular spot you're stuck let me know I guess.
>>
>>143521848
>>143521491
>>143520585
if nothing else an elaboration of the Hell on Earth section of Doom would be nice after two different reboots on mars
>>
File: 1462633254779.jpg (35 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1462633254779.jpg
35 KB, 720x540
What if Doom 5 is Earth on Hell, where humans posessed by angels invade Hell and start fucking shit up and you actually have to save the demons, in the process going to Heaven and killing all the angels, and the final boss is God
>>
>>143524814
thats a terrible idea, what would have been better of the Earth on Hell bit, is a classic table turning where you lead the beach head for a true invasion of hell
>>
Wewlad, UNM was damn fun.

Best rune loadout: Air Mobility hands down.
Ammo Stock
Blood Fuel
>>
Published my first level, about 10 hours in Snapmap. Sort of early to mid Shores of Hell style difficulty, I think.

One annoying thing, sometimes larger enemies get stuck in the second arena.

5TKYRVGY
>>
File: 1453191183445.jpg (79 KB, 447x686) Image search: [Google]
1453191183445.jpg
79 KB, 447x686
>the new shit demons can do
>imps are fucking quick as shit
>Hell Knights love to dunk
>Lost Souls going AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I am not ready to face this beyond Ultra Violence
>>
>>143491596
>treyarch made it obvious with the original black ops as the earliest example
How so?
They tried to combine cod4 and mw4 elements together in multiplayer, there were some original mp modes, the whole currentcy system and "gambling" was good, the singleplayer was good thanks to the underused history period (even if it was the usual cod sp stuff), there were some secrets like dead ops, zombies mode was the best yet and even the entire UI felt fresh.
BO2 felt like just another run of the mill cod (bad map design, weapons that were ok at best, obligatory uninspired zombies mode). Hell, even the UI was bland. On the other hand, the sp that was good. And the fact that there was a choice system which affected the story and it's characters really helped that.
>>
>Finally find a way to make proper speed synth hits in tune without losing tempo
>Recreate the Thread Theme riff
>Cannot in any way shape or form recreate the pull on the high note at the end of every riff

I didn't realize just how important that little note bend is, but holy fuck it really makes the whole theme doesn't it.
>>
why do barrels sometimes explode on their own?
>>
File: DOOMRustle.png (129 KB, 270x296) Image search: [Google]
DOOMRustle.png
129 KB, 270x296
>tfw snapmap uses the shittier mulitplayer framework for gameplay
>tfw can't actually make maps that feel and play like the better half of the game

Oh well, time to start chugging away at Ultra Nightmare again.
>>
>season pass isn't for campaign
so what's the point of even owning it
>>
File: 3.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
Man this game is pretty
>>
Just finished my first campaign playthrough. Holy goddamn shitballs this game is awesome. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a modern shooter this much.
>>
sup guys

any cool snapmap coming from this general yet? I'm done with the SP campaign and want to play some more
>>
>>143545732
scroll up and you'll find some map ID's posted
>>
my butt just made a weird noise
>>
>>143481264
this won't happen to a meaningful degree, because the regression of the FPS genre is a result of the limitations of console controllers, not COD4 specifically. unless Gaben figures out a mouse-level controller that you can use sitting on a sofa, high-octane action is going to remain a throwback.
>>
>>143550758
So such consol gameplay is what is hurting games?
>>
>>143550758
The pc crowd is just a loud minority.
>>
[muffled army of shield soldiers in the distance]
>>
Would you rather fight a hallway full of Shield guys or chaingun guys?
>>
Is Doom worth 60$? I'm kinda on the fence about picking it up. I'm really only interested in the campaign.
>>
>>143550758
Lean back in sofa, have wireless mouse with a flat pad surface to use the mouse on.

In the left hand, you have half a wireless gamepad with a 360 degree analog stick for movement, with a bunch of shoulder buttons, face buttons, a dpad for weapon selection, and then maybe horizontal scrolling wheel, for whatever that could be handy for (quick inventory maybe?). Also have a wireless keyboard for when it comes into place (writing, for instance)

I guess this is getting high in cost, and you'd want some kind of station plugged into the wall where you can charge all these peripherals.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqft53sXC9k
>>
Any word on the upcoming E3 and DOOM's future? I would think they would be giving some kind of info if E3 is in just a couple of days.
>>
>>143559218
It's a fantastic campaign. My first playthrough on UV was about 10.5 hours, but I've put around 25 hours total in to the single player.

It's hard to say if it's worth it because it depends on what you're actually looking for.
>>
>>143559218
Are you only interested in the campaign or SP only in general?
>>
File: concerned_spudro.png (98 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
concerned_spudro.png
98 KB, 600x500
So I was gonna start the game on Nightmare difficulty but then I noticed that it takes out tutorials. Because it is the year of our Lord 2016, there are no game manuals ether.

Can I find the tutorial messages from somewhere on the net or do I have to go with lower difficulty just so that I know how to play the game?
>>
>>143566541
i started a game on easy just to get mechanics, then started another on nightmare because i wanted the challenge, it worked out and i had fun
ymmv
>>
>>143566640
Fair enough I guess. Do you get all the tutorials right away or are they drip fed to you?
>>
>>143565741
Well I am definitely interested in the campaign. What do you mean by the SP? Are you referring to the snap maps made by the community? Are those levels fun to play?
>>
>>143567013
Yeah, I was referring to SnapMap. It has a couple of issues right now that need to be worked out (and I'm thinking those issues will be addressed at E30), but otherwise it's a modernized .wad maker. Meaning you can both play levels made by other players, or make your own dream level and play that.
>>
What are people's main complaint with the multiplayer? I see nothing wrong with it other than that the music doesn't play during the matches.
>>
>>143568240
It's boring, slow, and poorly balanced.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 594x334
So what's the point of this thing when I can just pepper someone to death with rockets or the super shotty?
>>
>>143567003
i don't even remember, the gameplay is pretty intuitive
>>
>>143569103
There isn't one. There's no reason to not have a double shotgun loadout, or a shotgun+chaingun loadout.
>>
>>143563752
bumping this
I want my fucking Cyberdemon in snapmap
>>
>>143569103
The static rifle is extremely powerful if you can aim.
Smack someone and switch to anything else that fires quickly like the HAR or plasma rifle and it's an instant kill.
>>
>>143404897
When the demons captured the Doom Slayer and stripped him of his suit and weapons why didn't they just kill him instead of sealing him in a tomb? Why didn't that robot guy kill him at the end of the campaign he was again captured and helpless what do you mean you can't kill him he is a human and has been dying left and right throughout the game when you play as him
>>
>>143577520
Respawning is cannon, especially in hell.
Where did you expect him to go? Detroit?
>>
So how do I trigger glory kills to drop health and ammo in a snapmap level? Is it possible?
Did I miss a global variable somewhere?
>>
Who wants to play a map I made in a day

B48LSNQX
>>
>>143577908
Post screenshots.
>>
>>143577682
Respawning is cannon, especially in hell.
Okay so what stopped those other guys who busted doom slayer out of him tomb from responding or all those tortured souls in hell and doom slayer is only human why or when would he have even gotten the ability to do that is it ever officially stated? Also I figure when he dies in hell he will just become another soul that is royally fucked and stuck there like anyone else.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 700x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 700x420
This necropolis fight is pushing my shit in
> Pinkies are a pain already , then the duo barons
> running from a baron shooting at him
> lose sight of second baron who appears from behind and pulls my limbs off
>>
I know I'm kind of late to the party, but the Cyberdemon fight in this game is probably one of my favorite boss fights in any game in years
>>
>>143524814
fuck off with the angel and heaven shit
>>
File: hype.jpg (21 KB, 380x368) Image search: [Google]
hype.jpg
21 KB, 380x368
>>143580393
>When you're disappointed by how easy it goes down the first time but then it gets reanimated
>>
>>143580393
I really liked that as well, but the best thing for me was fighting the Spider Mastermind and thinking "holy shit, I didn't even notice I hadn't fought this fucker yet, this is AWESOME!"
>>
File: 20160527172558_1.jpg (217 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160527172558_1.jpg
217 KB, 1920x1080
How do I open these doors?
>>
>>143582821
Those are classic levels and you need to find the lever that you pull. They don't appear on the map, so you're going to have to google-fu their locations in the levels. There is one per level.
>>
>>143582821
Look for a lever sticking out of the ground nearby-ish. It'll play an OG Doom toon and the door will open.
>>
Question.
I've got Skulltag, and pointed it at my Doom 2 folder. I want to add wads from other games (i.e. Plutonium and TNT), how do I select the wads so that it doesn't just start D2 when I launch Skulltag?
>>
>>143583783
First off, you shouldn't be using Skulltag anymore, it's deprecated, use Zandronum.
Secondly, assuming you want to be playing single player, you shouldn't be using Skulltag OR Zandronum.
>>
>>143518417
Jesus christ this fucking map, my dick is hard as diamonds. This really felt like an official level, but goddamn is it hard, I love it
>>
>>143583939
Ok...I've been just playing the files I got buying D2+Final Doom from GoG; is there a better way?

Also, the pic in the OP's text is too compressed to read properly.

Also, should I play Brutal Doom? I've never touched it.
>>
>>143584308
If you're playing single player either use Chocolate Doom or Crispy Doom if you want something similar to the original executables just for modern systems, or use ZDoom/GZDoom if you want a more modern flavour.

I personally dislike Brutal Doom, but you might as well try it for yourself and see if you like it.
>>
>>143584308
Personally, I don't use any sourceports if you're playing the GOG releases. Just go into settings, set up the controls to a more modern WASD (remember to set A and D to strafe, not looking) and you're all good.
Avoid Brutal Doom. It's okay as it's own thing, but it's far, far away from what Doom is supposed to be. It feels more like Duke Nukem and has a fanbase on par with Dark Souls.
>>
>>143584689
>Personally, I don't use any sourceports if you're playing the GOG releases. Just go into settings, set up the controls to a more modern WASD (remember to set A and D to strafe, not looking) and you're all good.
There's really no reason to use DOSBox when you could use Chocolate Doom which gives you the same experience gameplay wise, right down to the bugs, but with a much nicer overall experience.

Or Crispy Doom which gives you nicer rendering, and some optional features that I keep disabled.
>>
>>143584970
GOG has it set up where you don't need to bother fucking around with DOSBox, though. Just click and launch.
I have nothing against sourceports, I'm just saying that the GOG/steam classics are setup to where you can jump right in and play them, control issues aside.
>>
>>143585362
I would still argue that using Chocolate Doom provides a smoother experience than dosbox. And you get nicer, easier to customize resolution options. It's also nicer if you want to play custom wads.

Plus if you use Crispy Doom you still get a vanilla-like experience (assuming you dont enable all the other crispyness options), but with higher quality rendering, and you aren't locked at 35fps.
>>
What do doom fans like better, BFG using cells or using its own ammo set?
>>
>>143585642
Eh, to each his own. Both are viable options. I have noticed some things that Chocolate Doom fixes menu-wise (DOSBox doesn't seem to want to show the "do you want to quit" message if you do so in the middle of a level), but I find the problems to be rather minimal. As a standalone package, the modern release of the modern DOOM are easily to just click and play right after the install.
>>
Is there any chance of BFG being released for modern consoles? I want the entire DOOM collection on my PS4, preferably digitally.
>inb4 consoles
>>
>>143586576
They MIGHT make it available for virtual console bUT don't hold your breath, and good luck getting doom 64 on your ps4
>>
>>143586867
>doom 64

Fuck, forgot about Real-Doom-3.
Ah well, there's always Doom 64 Ex.
>>
File: 2cute4cyberdemon.jpg (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2cute4cyberdemon.jpg
50 KB, 500x500
daily reminder that cyberdemon is cute
>>
So in the later levels I keep seeing these little red fuel cell looking things with kind of a white frame, they are always sitting near ammo or health but don't seem to do anything. Am I missing something or is the game just fucking with me?
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 1024x576
Daily reminder that Samuel Hayden did nothing wrong.
>>
File: Doomguy_low_on_health.jpg (874 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Doomguy_low_on_health.jpg
874 KB, 1920x1080
guys wtf does the 82.3mb patch do? mp bugfix? CTD fixes? cant find any info on it.
>>
>>143404897
anyone got a link to the doom general starter pack?
>>
>>143566541
>>143566640
>>143567003
>>143569340
So I took the plunge into the deep end ie. Nightmare. It turns out that there aren't tutorial messages but there are tutorial texts in the dossier so everything turned out just fine. Just finished the Foundry. This game is trve kvlt.
>>
>>143591948
Just sends crash data into a log now, and sends it to the devs.
>>
File: DoomGuyStandingHD.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DoomGuyStandingHD.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>143594165
ah, so its prep for the CTD bugfix. i see. i havent gotten any crashes but im glad theyre prioritizing

i want vulkan tho ;_;
>>
File: 1463400760723.png (196 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1463400760723.png
196 KB, 557x605
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DNl7S1z0zXk
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-28+at+12.48.18).jpg (43 KB, 707x181) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-28+at+12.48.18).jpg
43 KB, 707x181
>>
>>143447414
So, both of your codes bring up a 'no results found' for me.

Was still able to find it by searchinf Avatar of Sin but figured you might want to know. My two cents incoming soon.
>>
>>143595802
u gon get rekt kid
>>
>>143595984
Played it before, though it does seem harder. That could also just be because this is the first time I've played anything in a few days.

It also crashed on me, so that sucks a bit.
>>
>>143447414
Made it up to the now strobe room and died to multiple soldiers charged shots going off at once. Gonna start out by saying that I still love the map and STILL TOP OF THE BOARDS... under you anyway. Plan on giving the map another go, maybe tomorrow once Im actually back in practice a little more.

First up, the room that spawns all the pinkies. Both times I went through, pre and post crash, pinkies were getting stuck in the walls. Not really much you can do about that, I know, but probably good to know. The other thing is that one of the mancubi is the trigger to end the lockdown so it's possible to run around the side and kill him and just move on. This also makes it so that the pinkies go all retard and start charging the wall instead of walking around to get you. Not sure how much you can actually do about this though with the way the logic works.

Next up, the fire room. Only thing here is that you can simply jump over the flames shooting up by the stairs taking minimal damage and, depending where you placed the thing to spawn the enemies, potentially totally avoid that encounter.

Next is the room where you get the yellow keycard. It was possible for me to kill the enemies that are supposed to come out after you pick it up when they were still in their 'cages.

Lastly, I'm probably in the minority but I preferred the strobe room when it was just the dark room. I know that I'm the only one who said that last thread and the strobe is interesting but just throwing that out there. I know you can't make everyone happy.

CONT.
>>
>>143600904
>>143447414
For clarification on the fire room, I mean the final one that you go down and it spawns the Hell Razers and the Mancubus.

CONT.

That's it for the rooms. Other than that just some minor things I noticed. First, that ammo seemed to despawn after I moved forward. Could be I was just remembering the ammo locations wrong but it was weird. Secondly, and more importantly, some of the haste pickups didn't seem to be configured properly and actually seemed to reduce movement speed back to base game level. Final thing, I personally don't like having the haste, ammo, and health pickups all combined into one thing and disguised as health. Not cause it's disguised, but because it's a waste of resources when I'm saving the health or ammo pickups for when I actually need them.

Still a wonderfully fun map though.
>>
Would any of you faggots be interested in snapmap parties?

And what's with these fuckers always hosting lobbies but never starting the game?
>>
I found a cache folder for zdoom on my C drive. thing is, zdoom is on the D drive. What is the cache folder for anyway?
>>
>>143605943
I might be. What you play on?
>>
File: image.jpg (581 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
581 KB, 900x720
God damn , Hell Knights fly around like they are basketball players , even more then the imps
>>
File: 1271585825745.jpg (438 KB, 611x675) Image search: [Google]
1271585825745.jpg
438 KB, 611x675
>>143607168
Now that you mention it, it's almost odd that I haven't come across any fanart of Hell Knights and/or Barons dressed up in jerseys and slam dunking. I'm actually kinda sad about that.
>>
has anyone plasmaedat the cyberdemon until the ceiling fell To get the John ending?
>>
>>143610981
What?
>>
>>143610981
>>
File: p0fb9.png (851 KB, 448x1597) Image search: [Google]
p0fb9.png
851 KB, 448x1597
>>143404897
>>Classic DOOM guide
>http://oi63.tinypic.com/p0fb9.jpg
Uhh...
>>
File: what the fuck did you just say.jpg (27 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck did you just say.jpg
27 KB, 346x346
>>143610981
>>
What do you guys think Doomguy talks like? I'm thinking Ash from ED2. Not a lot to say, but when he does speak it's something cool. Unlike Duke, who steals quotes and won't shut the fuck up.
>>
>>143422416
This just sounds like a lack of skill
>>
>>143614672
anyone on ps4 want to MP?
>>
File: brutal_doom_by_finfr0sk-d5opve6.jpg (826 KB, 2172x1502) Image search: [Google]
brutal_doom_by_finfr0sk-d5opve6.jpg
826 KB, 2172x1502
>>143611640
>>143611914
>>143613001
dumb fucking faggots dont even know about the DOOM fanfic
>>
John Stalvern waited. The light above him flickered on and off repeatedly. The demons were in the base.
He hadn't seen them, but had expected them for years. His repeated warnings to Colonel Joson had gone ignored.
Now it was too late.

John had been a space marine for fourteen years. When he was a child he told his father "I want to fly on the spaceships, daddy!"
His father grumbled in his drunken stupor "NO, You'll be KILLED BY THE DEMONS!!!"
He used to believe him, but as he grew older, he stopped.

There was a blast on his radio. "This is Joson! You must fight the demons!"
John suited up, grabbed his plasma rifle, and put a hole in the wall.

There was an army of demons on the other side of the wall. Some of them seemed panicked, as if they were shouting "HE's GOING TO KILL US!"
The smaller demons spread apart, and their leader showed up. He was twice the size of the smaller demons, and had a rocket launcher mounted on his arm. It readied its weapon and shot a barrage of rockets in an attempt to blow John up.

But then the ceiling fell. They were trapped and seperated from each other, unable to kill.

John howled "NOOO, I MUST KILL THE DEMONS!"

The radio sputtered "No John, you ARE the demons."

Then John became a zombie.
>>
>>143524814

Careful with those scissors

>>143536882
>so what's the point of even owning it

Doom multiplayer was pure bait for the modern FPS audience; you shouldn't be bothering with it.

>>143559218

The game is good, but if you're worried about your money, wait for a sale.

>>143563752

They are two hundred percent doing something for the next Bethesda Showcase (two weeks from now...?)

IF they have the balls to not release DLC for multiplayer or Snapmap, then Bethesda and id are going to drop the ball really, really hard
>>
>>143605943
mite b cool

if nothing else I need people to game the challenge system for revival/glorykilling of other players

>>143619048
I have mixed feelings on Snapmap. It's a nifty little tool for getting people into hooking up game logic and stuff, and it'd be great for quickly throwing together modules to drop in to a more comprehensive map editor/mod toolset, but as a replacement for proper mod tools it's total shit. More tilesets should at least ad variety to what can be done within its confines, and more props would also be a big help.
>>
What's /vg/'s consensus on DOOM/BethesDOOM/NuDoom?

Personally, I dislike it and find it rather boring. But that's just me.
>>
I wish I could make Ultra Nightmare start at Foundry.

First two levels are a slog.
>>
>>143595080
I would rather have DooM for DOOM.
>>
>>143587158
Good news too, Doom64 is being ported by Sergeant Mark IV to GZDoom, along with Brutal Doom64.
>>
>>143619350
Singleplayer is far better than anyone really expected it to be; it could be better, but the stuff that could be improved is more or less universally agreed on even by games press on things like the lockin arenas being too frequent and artificial, so it's something that would probably actually get worked on in any expansions or sequels.

Still not sure I'm sold on the health/ammo pinata enemy approach over exclusively having to strategically collect it from the environment, but at least it's been balanced well around it.
>>
>>143619921
I just can't get into it. It doesn't attract me the same way doom did.
>>
>>143620017
>>143619921

This game is just Doom 3 with minor upgrades.

It's not designed or balanced intelligently at all. GKs are stupidly overpowered, and each "arena" just spawns each type of enemy one at a time, after you've eliminated the previous "wave", meaning you never actually fight a healthy mix of demons. The damage enemies do is cranked way up, but they are all really pretty weak otherwise, especially because of stun bomb. Only cyber mancubi, summoners and, funnily enough, imps are a threat.

There's also the fact that difficulty spikes way down over time anyway, because of runes/weapon upgrades. Also the shotguns in this game have insultingly poor range. Especially the basic shotgun, what a piece of shit.
>>
>>143620972
The last level throws a mix of everything at you.
>>
File: archbob.png (292 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
archbob.png
292 KB, 800x600
>>143404897

are Arch-viles in the new DOOM? if so are they as terrifying and annoying as the ones in Doom 2?

>pic related
>>
>>143623237
No.
Mostly because corpses despawn.
There's also another class which works similarly, "teleports" around, calls in for more demons, etc.
>>
>>143623237
They've been replaced with summoners, due to the modern game disease of disappearing corpses.
They do ranged firewave things reminiscent of the archviles, and they sort-of teleport around the environment in a red blur of lines, so they're still the fastest monsters.
>>
>>143623237

Sadly no, they've been replaced with a demon called the "Summoner" which summons new enemies instead of brings old ones back to life. They're cool, but a lot less threatening than the classic Arch-viles.

I'm hoping that if they make a DLC expansion of standalone we'll see the Arch-vile return, along with Arachnatrons and Pain Elementals.
>>
Do i get some special shit out of pre-ordering the Season pass? Or was that just for pre-ordering the game?
>>
File: WrongStaircaseMotherfucker.jpg (888 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WrongStaircaseMotherfucker.jpg
888 KB, 1920x1080

NX56VD8L

Based on the scoreboard, these guys right here are pushing everyone's shit in. Rebalanced their damage output, replaced one spawner with a stationary in defend, they won't leave their platform, so you can use the middle pillar for cover.

Going by the scoreboards I've seen, not a single person has reached the end of my map yet, so I'm redoubling my shill efforts elsewhere in hopes I get some more feedback, not just for fixing this map but to help guide me in making my next map.
>>
File: 1427688259503.png (395 KB, 411x464) Image search: [Google]
1427688259503.png
395 KB, 411x464
>>143630883

Just played your map, it's great dude. I got rocked pretty hard, but it was fun.

Not sure if you are down for it, but I found that the super shotgun got a bit stale and having a few more weapons/ammo would have mixed it up a bit, at least for my playstyle anyway.

It was dark as shit for the third arena, but it was a challenge I appreciated nevertheless.

Anyway, I'll play it again for sure, do you have many more of your maps up? I am super into what you are doing!
>>
File: 1402613584248.png (96 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1402613584248.png
96 KB, 250x250
>There is less time between the release of Doom 2 and Doom 3 than Doom 3 and the latest game
How did I get this old
>>
>>143634431

Honestly, I'm glad doom 4 is more action oriented rather than horror, because I have had a lot of pent up...feelings....about this one, and time has only made me more anxious to play this game. I was thinking about

>12 years

the other day as well and I can only say there is no other game that will keep me patiently waiting.
>>
>>143619350

Well, I feel that it is somewhat lacking in the "feel" of DOOM. That is, the aesthetics associated with environments and enemies. To me, it feels more like an sci-fi action game, especially in the beginning levels. Obviously later in the game it gets more horror-esque...but DOOM 1, 2 and especially 3 really nailed the atmosphere and environment. Much more than this one did.
>>
File: 1422250061829.jpg (36 KB, 320x322) Image search: [Google]
1422250061829.jpg
36 KB, 320x322
>>143630883
>mfw getting my ass handed to me in snapmap.

A fun & challenging snapmap map? will the wonders never cease?
>>
File: 1330762232736.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1330762232736.gif
2 MB, 235x240
8JDB2WL2

"Overtaken Supply Depot"

Try my shit.
>>
Does anyone know how to turn off the lurid glow around armour / ammo yet?

All those wonderful vista's ruined by giant green dots of armour is making me sad.

Is there a console command or will it need a retexture?
>>
>>143582821

don't google for the levers

they're not that hidden as u might think if you find the first 2 you get the tone of how they're placed within the map.
>>
can someone give me a rough weapon tierlist? just the stuff that's generally accepted as really fucking good and bad.
or does it depend on the map too much
>>
>>143642062
Super Shotgun > Everything.
Always. Period. Highest damage by far, and when upgraded it's so goddamned overpowered it's frightening.
Beneath that are, in order of usefulness
Rocket Launcher w Remote Detonate
Gauss Cannon w Charge Shot
Chaingun w Turret
Everything else belongs in meh tier, unless you're trying to cheese Ultra Nightmare in which case Plasma Stun Grenade deserves an honorable mention.
>>
I really hate that it's impossible to put demons into areas that aren't explicitly floor. Like the rooms that have these little windowed areas, you can't place anything on the floor in there like spawners, and if you place a flying demon in there they spawn outside. I even tried teleporting demons in there, but they die as soon as you do. The fuck.
I wanted to have a teleporter on one end just out of sight that went to the far side, and place a couple imps with a a path marker on the other side of the teleporter, that way when you looked at the window you would just see an endless sea of imps running past.
>>
File: 20160527050719_1.jpg (532 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160527050719_1.jpg
532 KB, 1920x1080
>>143643339
>>
>>143642559
I found myself switching between Super Shotgun because holy shit the damage and ammo conversation, and the Gauss Cannon to gib entire Hell Barons. Everything else felt WAY weaker.
>>
File: 1426480228020.gif (3 MB, 320x170) Image search: [Google]
1426480228020.gif
3 MB, 320x170
Alright anons.

How crazy is an ultra-nightmare pistol run going to be?
>>
Why don't people like the MP in this again? Is it the maps?
>>
>>143614021
Sam from The First Encounter would be kinda fun. Rarely speaks but when he does its usually a joke of some kind. Just replace the serious puns with doom puns.
>>
>>143648421
I personally don't like the class system and how unbalanced everything is. The maps could have more aesthetic variety, but from a layout perspective I don't have an issue with them
>>
>>143646105
it'll be painfully boring because all you will be doing is sniping things and running away, also you'll get raped by the first hellknight that spawns
>>
>>143620972
>each "arena" just spawns each type of enemy one at a time, after you've eliminated the previous "wave", meaning you never actually fight a healthy mix of demons

This makes me think you never played more than half the game. Makes me think you never got to hell for the first time for that matter. This statement is (relatively) true for the first few levels because theres only been so many enemy types youve faced up to that point period but it starts changing quickly.

As for the difficulty change later on, I can kinda agree. It got easier and harder at the same time. Easier for the reasons you said and harder cause of greater masses of bigger enemies requiring you to be more attentive and exact.

The combat shotguns is kinda shit and its only real use is the explosive shot, I agree, but the SSG is still the best weapon in the game. The problem with the shotguns isnt that theyre necessarily bad, its that there is no way they couldve lived up to OG Dooms shotguns without being game breakingly good. Of course the shotguns arent good compared to the originals, no shotgun ever will be and nor should they be. If you cant realize that the original shotgun was unrealistic and overpowered then I dont know what to say man.

It honestly just sounds like youre salty that the game wasnt perfect and 100% faithful to the originals. But you do you I guess.
>>
>>143630883
To clarify, these:
>>143601178
>>143600904
Were based on v1.6. At least, the map was called 'Avatar of Sin v1.6'
>>
>>143642559
actually meant mp
do you guys not play it? i'm kind of undecided on it at the moment, it seems a bit dumb though
>>
>>143650659
SSG is just as great as campaign if you can nail dudes with it

CSG is good for explosive shot and support, though you'll probably lose to any decent SSG

I find the Lightning Gun really effective, it reaches out further than you'd think and the alt-fire is multikill EZMode

Rockets are fun in theory but their splash falloff makes them quite a skill weapon. Bopping a guy twice will do 110 damage though, so that's useful. I'm having more fun as I get better.

Chaingun Spam is extremely popular at the moment, but I find that really boring

Burst Rifle is surprisingly effective at all ranges, I never aim since landing 2 of your 3 is better than 1 zoomed.

Plasma's alright, but keeping on target is hard. It's a great harass weapon though, and the fire pool is handy.

Vortex is for trickshot snipes, I don't use it cause I prefer the hoppy CQC game.

I want the Hellshot to be good, but it's consistently okay instead. Many of the maps don't have the ranges it performs best at.

I'm about to try the HAR, I'll get back to you.

Static Rifle is exclusively an opener, hit a guy with it and switch. Some people make it work, but I can't.

In some sort of vague order top to bottom.
>>
>>143650659
>>143651159
The MP is a fun diversion, it's really easy to be good at if you know anything about playing arena shooters, and at the moment I'd say 50% of the general population don't really. I'm an okay Quake player at best, and I trash in 1v1s regularly. People don't pick up health during fights, or know how map times work, or even know to jump to avoid splash damage. I don't always win the match, but I never do so bad I feel bad.

It's also really easy to unlock stuff, and though I could do with scrapping Hack Modules entirely, the Armor/Weapon Customisation makes me unreasonably happy. It's relatively easy to rank up every match, and every rank you get a couple pieces. I enjoy scrolling through the lobby to check out everyone's DOOM dolls, even if most of them are luminous and ugly.

It feels like the tacked-on MP for the SP game, which is exactly what it is considering development was part-outsourced to an tacked-on-MP specialist studio. That said, it's a pretty good one, and while I don't agree with all the design decisions in the translation, I can at least understand them.

Game's fun, man.
>>
>>143650659
This guy >>143651159 got it pretty much spot on.

Two things I would add is the Vortex Rifle is a heavy damage weapon and can sub in as an opener and a weapon to pick people off who are running away. Youll see it frequently and its also pretty good for ticking down Demons health from a distance. It requires accuracy but its powerful.

Then the Static Rifle. As a faggot who uses the Static Rifle/SSG combo I can tell you it is a very good strategy if you can land the Static Rifles opening shot. At full charge it does 60-70 damage and even at around half it does 40-50. As with the Vortex its also very good at dealing damge to demons, just not as easily cross map.

Ill go over equipment as well since it is kinda important.
>Frag
Heavy damage with a surprising AOE. A solid piece of equipment even when youve unlocked the others.

>Teleporter
My personal favorite. Allows quicker and more effecient movement across the map and can be used to snag powerups from others running for them. But its best uses are to teleport out of a losing situation and to trick people into thinking you ran away when you actually teleported behind them with a SSG.

>Hologram
Never used it personally but the hologram is pretty convincing and used seldom enough that youre likely to fool a lot of people.

>Siphon Grenade
Does small amounts of damage and doesnt stay up long but it does heal you. Never been too impressed with it.

>Tesla Rocket
By far the most powerful piece on the list. Flies in a straight line and slows down to very rapidly deal 9 damage a tick to everyone in range. If someone stays in its AOE you can take them from full health to dead in a matter about 2 seconds. Best at game types like Warpath and Domination where you can expect clusters of enemies but still shines in TDM and 1v1 scenarios. Only downside is it destroys your accuracy rating for some reason. I usually sit at about 75% and if I use this it drops me to 6-10%. Might not bother you but it does me.
>>
>>143481264

Hey who knows, rumor is that we may be getting a brand new Quake.
>>
The HAR is worse than Burst at Range and outgunned by Lightning, Chain and any Shotgun at close. The spread is too big for it's headshot or even bodyshot damage to be worth it.

>>143654278
This is a better summary of Static and Vortex than I can give, since I don't really use them.

Re: Demons, use your mobility to deny them glory kills, constantly run away, climb up and jump back down as they're climbing, be a general dick to catch. Pelt them with whatever while you're doing all this. Lightning & Plasma wreck them, since you don't get the slowdown Chaingun does. I've solo Bursted a Baron by jumping and climbing like a madman. The Baron's ground pound only has damage while it's coming up.

Oop I forgot the equipment. I was already up to like 1k chars, so I'll just chime in what I use.

Frag: Hueg and powerful, fucks a single or cluster of enemies.

Tele: Like the man says. I believe you can telefrag people with this if you do it right? I'll go expirment and report back.

Siphon: Large, contracting radius, can be a bit of a mindfuck to get hit by, especially if you surprise them. Requires them to stay inside to be damaged, better indoors.

Tesla: Small radius, HUEG damage. I love catching 3-4 guys with it in a door, requires some leading and timing. My favourite follow-up is LG alt-fire, EZ Multis.

Shield Wall: Neat, but ultimately useless.

Hologram: People are dumb, like I said earlier. You'd be surprised how well this works in Domination and Warpath, especially in teamfights. Not sure the distraction is worth the lack of firepower though.
>>
>>143654498
>So many people ragging on Doom's Multiplayer that they just do a retread of Q3A
>>
>>143655584
The har goes great with the static rifle if you're good with it.

And shieldwall is really good for objective based modes. Especially when you get big brawls on a node like warpath or the B node is a couple of the maps.
>>
since we're actually talking about multi, how do we fix it?
>all gamemodes put into a single category and people vote on which map they want out of a random selection
>rework hack modules and make them infinite use, or just fucking remove them
>make demon rune announcement at 15-20 seconds so there is actual competition and not just whoever happens to be closest
>balance chaingun so it doesn't just melt everything
>>
>>143655941
If you ask people shitting on it it's typically one detail that irks them.
The biggest complaints across all platforms seems to simply be the loadout and not unlocking anything meaningful with levels.

People eat up cod because they're chasing that next weapon mod or kill streak unlock.
>>
>>143616389
thats not even the original version with the "plasmaed at the cyberdemon" line

the bad grammar makes it better
>>
>>143657269
>Add FFA and CTF
>Proper text chat on PC
>Remove Hack Modules apart from bonus XP for actions and other non-game affecting stuff
>Maybe a "Secure" playlist with no HM?
>Chaingun balance, BR single fire balance

>>143657457
Loadouts I can understand, since they allow you to not nerf all the OP campaign weapons for MP while still reigning in the power of each individual player.

That said, I would like to see a 1000HP all weapons fuckfest game mode.

I also really enjoyed that I was done unlocking the weapons at rank 17, since it meant I could focus on gitting gudder. The customisation has enough pieces that they can toss you a couple every rank. I got to rank 120 before that lost it's luster, chiefly because I have most of what I want now.
>>
>>143658503
Ffa and ctf are most likely coming and will be part of what that season pass covers.
>>
>>143658186
I tried to clean it up a little.
>>
>>143658901
The modes better be fucking free.
>>
>>143659398
the whole reason for it being known is that it's a misspelled car crash with abysmal grammar and that's why it's funny

why the fuck would you clean it up you colossal retard
>>
>>143659414
Buy the season pass friend.
>>
File: 20160528130217_1.jpg (219 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160528130217_1.jpg
219 KB, 1600x900
Rest in pieces sweet doom guy.

Them shield guys do a number on you
>>
>>143666871
Rip
>>
>tfw no friends to pubstomp with
>>
>>143657269
>>all gamemodes put into a single category and people vote on which map they want out of a random selection
I wouldnt like this. Im not a huge fan Clan Arena and when I want to play some TDM or Warpath I want to play them, not something else.

>>rework hack modules and make them infinite use, or just fucking remove them
Personally Id almost just prefer they remove them. I dont hate them as much as I thought I would but there are some that are just plain good and others that are pretty useless. Also the tiers and randomness is kinda annoying.

>>make demon rune announcement at 15-20 seconds so there is actual competition and not just whoever happens to be closest
Would be ok with this. Maybe just ten seconds so its still a bit of a rush.

>>balance chaingun so it doesn't just melt everything
Ya, would be kinda nice. Dont see it as much anymore but its still a prevailing weapon and clearly more powerful.

The only thing Id add is 'traditional' versions of the big gametypes for shits and giggles. Would be fun. Make loadouts just use your equipment or something.
>>
>>143671016
Iktf bro
>>
>>143429743
30-40 on keysites, faggot.
>>
Just tried Freeze Tag, it's really fucking fun. Also Threat Sensor OP, the radius is ENORMOUS and it lasts for ages.
>>
I've just reached the Titan Realm level.

Holy shit, why is the level design in this game so fucking good?

Was it this good in the previous Doom games? I never played them.

There is so much awesome vertical level design and interconnectivity. It's almost like Dark Souls.

I don't think I've played an FPS with level design this good.
>>
>>143680885
Classic doom was incapable of having room over room due to being only pseudo 3-D, but had decent verticality to it at times, doom 1 is known for having some of the best level design in classic gaming, though doom 2 slipped up with more gimmicky levels and some that just missed the mark, it still had gems like "Gotch'ya" where you set a mastermind and cyberdemon against eachother
>>
>>143680885
OG Doom didnt have the verticality cause, you know, jumping wasnt a thing but the levels are still pretty good. If youre ok with levels that ultimately will boil down to 'get key to open door and massacre anything in the way' then youll probably it.
>>
>game starts off with awesome "Fuck You" to exposition
>you get multiple scenes throughout the game that you can't skip
>you have to listen to dialogue before door opens
>sometimes you can't even shoot

That is the only thing preventing me from giving this game a 10/10 for singleplayer.

Also, the hand slash hitboxes on the Cyberdemon are utter ass. Like, it hits me before his hand even swings at me when I'm up close to him and trying to SSG his face.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.