[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cgg/ - Cuhrayzee Games General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 133
File: Enter VST7.png (504 KB, 640x900) Image search: [Google]
Enter VST7.png
504 KB, 640x900
previously on /cgg/ >>124407373

VST7 IS NOW. RULES AND INFO BELOW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqpMeaoxOmk

>All the entries of VST7 will be streamed here on December 19th, 6 PM EST:
http://instasync.com/r/alps

CUHRAYZEE THREAD FAQ (please read this and CUHRAYZEE NEWS before asking questions):
http://pastebin.com/XFGyzhzB

CUHRAYZEE RECOMMENDED GAMES (INCLUDES INDIES):
http://i.imgur.com/lEnXRlO.jpg

CUHRAYZEE TIPS, TECHNIQUES, MODS, AND MISC:
http://pastebin.com/jy482VY1

STEAM GROUP: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CUHRAYZEE
WIKI: http://cuhrayzee.wikia.com/wiki/CUHRAYZEE_GAMES_GENERAL_Wiki
FORUM: http://cuhrayzeegames.boards.net

>We Shall Wake
Indie Cuhrayzee game, dev posts here most of the time. Blog updates every Saturday mostly. Development is still ongoing. See their blog at
http://www.weshallwake.com/
Patreon ongoing. Support them if you'd like.
http://www.patreon.com/nokoriware

DMC, Bayonetta, We Shall Wake, Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, Ninja Gaiden, Wonderful 101, Vanquish, Sengoku Basara, Rising Revengeance, Fairy Bloom Freesia, Rainblood, Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae.
>>
File: Bayo 2.png (454 KB, 567x499) Image search: [Google]
Bayo 2.png
454 KB, 567x499
wonder if the bayo entries are good
>>
>>125062864
I hope they are.
>>
>>125062864
I hope the non-cgg game entries are good
>>
>>125063241
>non-cgg game entries
I just hope they look interesting enough + is actually potentially cuhrayzee
>>
>>125063241
The person said he stopped because it's not DMC4.
>>
>>125064000
What? Why? were they not cuhrayzee enough?
>>
>>125065039
it's a meme
>>
>>125063241
most japs are non-cgg so
>>
File: 1434147638433.jpg (56 KB, 300x238) Image search: [Google]
1434147638433.jpg
56 KB, 300x238
>>125065395
I don't get it
>>
>>125065784
God Hand, Rainblood etc. isn't popular because it's not DMC4
>>
>>125065780
wonder if the nips have their own tournaments
>>
5 DAYS TOPS TO GET SOME SHIT DONE FOR VST.

NEED TO GET MOTIVATED-
>>
>>125067949
just do a casual no-damage boss run of any game. You will win
>>
>>125067912
pretty sure they all know each other irl or something so they just call each other up and like

"ay donguri-san you always use the same combo faggot haha learn some new tech fucker"

and they motivate each other to keep getting better that way
>>
>>125068241
>Caring about winning
>>
>>125069758
>implying I was serious
>>
>>125069890
fuckin dmc4se. fucking shit engine. fucking shit performance. shitty stutter. shitty controller issues. Shitty fucking having to get all the weapons again. fucking windows 10 controller crap >inb4 botnet FUCK

Can't even record shit properly.
>>
>>125071632
tried hex-editing + ini fix for that performance?
>>
>>125072825
It's not that my pc can't handle it. I get above 60 fps mostly. But it just stutters in a weird way occasionally.
>>
File: iJy4slc.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
iJy4slc.jpg
153 KB, 1280x720
HWA!!
>>
>>125076269
HWA!!!
>>
For those who own a Wii U, Devil's Third is just about what you'd want out of a "cuhrayzee" hack'n'slash. It's just a shame that the game will be stupid rare because of its limited release and high eShop price.

Hopefully the PC port of the multiplayer will include the single player down the line.
>>
File: NinjagaidenblackIgn.png (910 KB, 798x412) Image search: [Google]
NinjagaidenblackIgn.png
910 KB, 798x412
hwa
>>
>>125080256
>just about what you'd want out of a "cuhrayzee" hack'n'slash
good joke. RIP Itagaki, he lost his daughters, he lost his "skill", he is now part of Nexon
>>
File: CzrkvVI.jpg (227 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CzrkvVI.jpg
227 KB, 1280x720
>>125083414
HWA!
>>
Repostin'

I started DMC1 again (currently on chapter 16). I decided to try and finish the game in Hard and DMD since I was never able to do it in the past and I've some doubts about the game...

First off, regarding the secret missions, if my mind doesn't fall short, they get harder by the difficulty, isn't it? So I guess my best bet is to complete them on Normal?

Also what is the best loadout? I recall one of the guns (grenade launcher?) to be pretty damn powerful, but I mostly used Alastor on the whole run against almost everything.

(I think I'm already answering this myself as I'm playing through the game. Alastor + Shotgun + G. Launcher when needed breeze through Normal. I don't know if it'll stay the same on Hard though)

Finally what should I upgrade first: life/devil trigger or just go all out buying the useful stuff (stinger, air hike, etc)? I remember the red orbs in this game to be a bunch of jews.

(I decided to go for the Alastor stuff first, but opinions are welcome)
>>
Is razor's edge any good compared to the others NG? There a store near me selling it for 15€
>>
File: smx.png (163 KB, 450x245) Image search: [Google]
smx.png
163 KB, 450x245
>>125083958
I still believe Itagaki could make another cuhrayzee. At least compared to hoping on Team Ninja
>>
>>125088518
Every thread
>>
>>125088518
Every thread
>>
>>125088675
>>125089297
Oh c'mon.

The recommended image on the OP only says that razor's edge fixes issues....
>>
>>125088518
nobody checks the pastes/links in the fucking OP
>>
>>125079102
HWA!!!!!
>>
File: 1447125009068.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447125009068.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
>>125089882
to put it short: it is not as good as the other NGs. its also not as terrible as DmC or yaiba though.

good things about NG3RE:
- female characters feel fun to play, though only because they made them play almost exactly like ryu
- momiji
- momiji's momijis

bad things:
- combo breaking enemies
- alchemists
- three alchemists at the same time
>>
File: ninjagaidensigma2_24a.jpg (211 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
ninjagaidensigma2_24a.jpg
211 KB, 1024x576
>>125094609
I was actually kinda sad Rachel wasn't in RE. maybe she'll be in the next NG
>>
>>125095568
people like you are the reason ng is dead
>>
File: 1404001776801.jpg (19 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
1404001776801.jpg
19 KB, 620x350
>>125096085
It's not only his fault. Every person who wants to play as another character that is not Ryu, or someone semi-relevant to the series like Joe/Genshin is trying to keep the series on the path of mediocrity.

I wish they'd stop with the DoA characters and characters who look like they belong to the DoA series more than NG.
>>
>>125096409
but then, did you buy dmc4se?
>>
File: NG Ayane 3.png (372 KB, 437x641) Image search: [Google]
NG Ayane 3.png
372 KB, 437x641
>>125094609
>Momiji
pfft
>>
File: NG Momiji 3.png (666 KB, 1221x733) Image search: [Google]
NG Momiji 3.png
666 KB, 1221x733
>>125096409
I am in the wrong for wanting tits in NG? OK
>>
>>125087268
> two doppelgangers
that shit can't possibly be fair
>>
>tfw only a handful of cuhrayzee games actually exist
>>
File: RLM.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
RLM.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
>>125099751
>tfw I want to play other cuhrayzee games, but the gameplay style don't interest me (FBF, Bayo), don't own console(Ninja Gaiden, W101), physically hurt me(DMC)
>>
File: 18j2wo5mgqogyjpg.jpg (111 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
18j2wo5mgqogyjpg.jpg
111 KB, 630x420
hump
>>
>>125099414
It's not supposed to be fair
>>
HWA!!! good night cgg
>>
Nightmare 3 is a piece of shit. Can't wait to see how cheap he is on DMD.
>>
>people talking about NG kills the thread
right once again
>>
>>125088042
also repostin'
see
>>124975602

download mkv version of DMD run by and turn on author's commentaries:
http://www.archive.org/details/DevilMayCry_100pDMD_13534

http://speeddemosarchive.com/DevilMayCry.html#100pDMD
also has a lot of text explaining important strategies

> secret missions
> So I guess my best bet is to complete them on Normal?
you can yes
but easy secret mission can be a good source of points for S-ranking (if you're going for it)

also if you are going for collecting ALL entries in bestiary ("Read You Like a Book" achievement from HD Collection) then some attacks only occur on normal/hard, so some planning ahead is required

> Also what is the best loadout? I recall one of the guns (grenade launcher?) to be pretty damn powerful, but I mostly used Alastor on the whole run against almost everything.

What "loadout"? Game only has two weapons. Just equip Alastor and switch to Ifrit where appropriate (most bosses are easier with Ifrit: mostly because of fireball move and charged damage string)

And outside of S-ranking you barely need to switch away from grenade launcher. It dumps your style rank to D, but it largely irrelevant for DMC1.

There are several very special cases where you need to switch to guns and shotgun respectively, but otherwise grenade launcher is your friend

> Finally what should I upgrade first: life/devil trigger or just go all out buying the useful stuff (stinger, air hike, etc)?
Again depending on your skill.

Moves and double jump take priority. Some moves are more important than others while others you don't really need.

After that -- upgrade your devil trigger and only then finally -- your lifebar.
>>
Can a game with intermediate techniques + huge weapon and moveset variety be cuhrayzee?
>>
>>125108259

Needs enemy variety, difficulty, and style to match.

Read the paste, stop asking these questions.
>>
>>125108494
>enemy variety
It easily has this

>difficulty
Enemy difficulty? If so, in a 1 on 1 situation it's not too difficult, but the way the game is set up it's more along the lines of Ninja Gaiden where a bunch of enemies are attacking you all at once. And they are very very cheap, so cheap to the point that off screen enemies attack you.

>style
As in taunt button? It's does not have a dedicated taunt button but there are taunts. The only thing is that using a taunt will take up a move slot. The mini bosses and bosses use taunts and stylish moves too.
>>
File: DSC_0040.jpg (584 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0040.jpg
584 KB, 2048x1536
>>125107853
Thanks for your time. Your quote in the previous thread is not mine but from another anon tho.

Finished Normal an hour ago. As you can see I was pretty average I'd say. I'm not playing for high ranks, just to finish the whole thing and I guess it shows. I also don't particularly care about trophies, and you get most of them playing normally anyway.

About the 'loadout' thing when I wrote that I thought weapons in DMC1 were a little more "varied", but I breezed through Normal with Alastor + Shotgun, and used the G. Launcher sometimes. I think it won't change in Hard.

Finally regarding the skill/orbs looks like I hit the jackpot because I decided to buy all the useful Alastor skills (minus Round Trip) and after that the purple orbs (I need one more to max DT I believe). When I go through Hard, seeing my situation would you recommend to buy all the blue orbs first or upgrade Ifrit? I barely used Ifrit but maybe it is more useful in Hard?
>>
>>125109293
you should really start learning Ifrit

Ifrit is boss killer, because:
-- chargeable combo, and each hit in five hit long attack string does more damage that previous
-- divekick move -- extremely useful
-- move where your jump becomes an attack -- not only it's useful, it's also the easiest way to do parries (counter-hits) against several attacks (Nightmare's side spikes and back boomerang)
-- kick13
-- chargeable fireball move is used when you need to bring down down pesky flying bosses -- used on Griffon and Nelo Angelo 3 to instantly down them and stop from doing their bullshit
>>
>>125109754
Then I'll start spending on Ifrit. Since I did all secret missions I think I'll be doing fine with my health, at least for the first 15 chapters, and at that point (and onwards) I might be able to buy the blue orbs that I'm missing.
>>
>>125109202

Ok
>>
File: Screenshot 2015-12-12 04-21-44.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-12-12 04-21-44.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>125108494
>Reads Pastbin's definition of cuhrayzee

Hm I think this game passes as cuhrayzee but of course I'll have to supply you all with goods. I recently grabbed Gundam Breaker, not really for cuhrayzee but to just play because I like mecha games and turns out there's some interesting shit in this game. I'll start with gameplay and try to explain most of the stuff so far.

- Gameplay
>Basically, gameplay in cuhrayzee games should have enough depth to sustain discussion regarding it. Examples: Jump Cancelling in DMC, Dodge Offset in Bayonetta, developing character combos in Max Anarchy.

Just gonna start with controls first:

Square: Melee/Range
Triangle: Melee/Range
Circle: Options action button
X: Jump, hold/tap to Boost

D-pad: Options. Options are a set of eight different unique moves that are bond to the d-pad. Up, Down, Left, Right, and Up Up, Down Down, Left Left, Right Right to select your option. This can be used while in combat.

R1: Block
R1 (Hold): EX- Act - Hold R1 + Square, Triangle, or Circle: These are basically super moves like Neo's Triangle+Circle, but some of them appear to be just special moves, too.
R1 + X: Dodge
L1 (Hold): Range weapons Hold L1 + Square, Triangle

R3: Melee mode(Lock on)
L3: Camera Reset

R3 + L3: Gundam Trigger (lol)

Techniques: Jump Cancelling(not enemy step), Boost Cancelling, Quick Boost Cancelling, and a weird technique that I don't have a name for -- The ability to guard while dodging with iframes to save shield hit points? Is what I've found in the game so far.

The heart of the game is in the weapons and parts. I am not kidding when I say there are over 100+ different moves, 50+ melee and range weapons, and 50 - 100+ unique moves that all come with different attacks and properties.

Gonna continue in my post.
>>
>>125113028
Continue...

>Melee

So far I've unlocked:

Sabers
Double Sabers
Whips
Axes
Lancers
Two handed swords

Missing:
Kung Fu
Katanas
Staffs
Staff (Double Blade/Saber tips)
and others I can't remember that are purchase in the player shop or super rare drops.

Each melee weapon has its own set of strings.
Square x3
Square, Triangle, Square
Triangle, delay, Square, Square
etc, etc, etc, you get what I'm saying.

Some weapons seem to have helm breakers as their strong air attack with stings bond to the weak attack button. Option button has unique melee attacks like grabs and launchers and such.

>Range
I have:
Rifles
Snipers
Dual Pistols
Dual Rfiles
Bazookas
Gatling Guns
Machine Guns

Missing: A lot of OP laser shit

Range weapons come with one basic attack and one unique(pretty much one gunslinger) attack. When you have unique parts and the option moves you can bring that up to 1 basic 3 unique. Yes, they do juggle enemies, cause movement away or towards you and such.

Taunts: Taunt requires you to take up one of your EX Act attacks as taunting in the game is considered an EX ACT.

I'm still low level soI can't use all the parts but I'll try getting some webms out.
>>
File: gundam trigger.webm (3 MB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
gundam trigger.webm
3 MB, 800x500
>>125113910
>Gundam Trigger
G.I.A.O.S system gives you a few buffs:

Increase flight/boost speed
increase attack speed
Decrease boost consumption
Extend melee attack hit boxes
increase damage
regenerate health points
regenerate shield points

Con:
Only last for a few seconds and takes a bit to build the meter for it unless you're getting rushed by a shiton of enemies.
>>
>>125115153
Dodging has a really small window of active iframes available and is really hard to dodge attack with a lot of active frames. Standing in one spot and holding block does not reward the player. One beam attack from any elite, mini boss, or boss can break your guard. But when you guard dodge you can do as it implies - guard and dodge attacks.

>Quick Boost dodges
QBing has always been a mobility tool in all mecha games and it is here. There are no iframes nd you can't guard. Dodging any attack while airborne is all skill.
>>
>>125117973
Also shields have hit points. When you guard dodge you get the same iframes from a stand alone dodging, that means your shield hit points will not decrease!

>Guard break
Once your shield is guard broken it is gone, so you better get used to dodging and QBs.
>>
webms?
>>
A week remains
>>
>>125096409
I didnt mean extra characters in general, just rachel

>>125113028
someone mentioned this game a couple of weeks ago and posted a webm. game looks cool as fuck, thanks for writing this stuff up
>>
File: QBRC demonstration.webm (2 MB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
QBRC demonstration.webm
2 MB, 800x500
Quick Boost Range Cancelling does as the name implies. It's only works for range weapons. However after looking at the JPWiki it works for KungFu melee set and whips, too, I can't wait to see the potential in QBing melee weapons, will definitely post webms for those.

Alright I'm done for now. Thoughts? Shit game? Interesting game but not cuhrayzee? Anything? Need more?
>>
>>125120970
np I will continue posting stuff later on during the day.
>>
>>125121353

Sounds interesting to me. I know you said you're not trying to preach for cuhrayzee status but this sounds worth a dig at the least. I mean all you did was state how the game's basics work fundamentally but even so.
>>
Just because I can

If you haven't checked out Fairy Bloom Freesia I suggest you do so. I beat the game ages ago but I want to do this because the Freesia player(s?) need some appreciation and attention.

The game is like 3 hours even on the hardest difficulty. You're not even really wasting time. It's fun on simply the button mash level and the fast paced gameplay front as well so do check it out. There's no reason not to. Cheap, short but with extreme replay value to excuse, fun, technical, fast paced, another game into your repertoire or perhaps even quickly outta your backlog, and more cuhrayzee experience/knowledge for you.

You anons got nothing to lose. Just go for it, as they say in VJ.
>>
>>125083958

>good joke

Nice meme
>>
Bump?
>>
I should be working on making clips for vst, but for some reason i decided to read One Punch Man and now i can't stop.

Well, at least i already submitted my traditional.
>>
>>125127950
It's pretty crazy anon.
>>
>>125096409
That'd be like saying dmc should only have dante as the playable character
>>
>>125133936
Many people believe that.

I'm in for variety, like, if the characters turn out polished and well done, even if they are less than the main character, i believe that it brings something good for a cuhrayzee game.

Like, people call the dmc 4 se characters underwhelming, but i really like how they work, they are not dante, and that is the biggest advantage, they are different (even with the high recicling of assets)
>>
>>125134205
They aren't Dante but they don't bring much to the table aside from Vergil.
Trish is literally a mashup of Dante and Vergil with a simplified moveset. Lady is virtually all gunslinger but still with a more limited moveset. Vergil is DmC + DMC4 Vergil that's ez-mode.
>>
>>125134531
They don't bring much to the table, but they bring what wasn't before, in some ways.

I've been more impressed in the last months with some really cool divekick/taunt trish setups than anything anyone ever done with lucifer, but is just my opinion, i know the majority will disagree.
>>
>>125134205
>>125134531
i dont think you guys understand just how terrible rachel is
>>
>>125134952
I don't understand really, but i'm talking, that if well executed, extra characters are a good thing.
>>
>>125134952

At least NGS2 rachel is marginally fun, but then you have that super shitty boss to turn her back into the worst ever
>>
>>125134952
yes, I know she's terrible (compared to ryu) but that doesn't mean she should be thrown out with the garbage
>>
File: DOA3_04 (1).jpg (97 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
DOA3_04 (1).jpg
97 KB, 800x600
HWA
>>
>>125127950
Ok, now i'm up to date on the manga, the anime can wait a little longer, time to go back to play cuhrayzee, and practice routine for other stuff.
>>
>>125120770
for what?
>>
>>125135359
>>125135175
>>125135008

Problem is, extra characters in NG aren't well executed in the slightest. They're pure fanservice. Not that the concept itself is bad, but it interferes with the gameplay and makes all missions that revolve around these female characters really dull

At the end of the day the core mechanics for all of them are the exact same. Where things differ is their animations (which subsequently translates into a very superficial variation on how they play) and the weapons they use. You could give their weapons to Ryu and he'd use them with 100x more efficiency.

Their problems go all the way from their animations to damage output. They're just terrible to play as and they offer absolutely nothing additional in terms of actual content.

Characters like Genshin could have huge potential as additional playable characters, but they're not used and instead TN always goes for fanservice and delivers something completely mediocre
>>
>>125141685
/やたゆはりゆさはかあま
>>
>>125141685
>problem is, extra characters in dmc aren't executed well in the slightest

ftfy
>>
>>125150280
yeah the extra character dante in dmc4 is way too complicated
>>
Is it just me or is Vergil too broken? I just beat the game in Legendary Dark Knight Mode no sweat. Most missions with rank S, except for like 3 or 4.
>>
>>125152371
It's not just you.

Vergil is easy modo.
>>
>>125152371
On the other hand LDK mode is pretty fucking easy already. I'm total shit by /cgg/ standards and still beat it no sweat.
>>
>>125155082
With Nero?
>>
>>125156337
And that lame guy with the red coat, yeah.
>>
>>125156648
Well, I'm playing LDK mode with Nero and since this is the first time I'm using him it's kind of hard to kill a lot of demons quickly, I just have the sword, gun and arm at this point. Guess it's a bad idea to start using him in this mode first without unlocking everything.
>>
Hey, at least you guys have Legendary Dark Knight.

And Lady

And Trish...

And turbo...
>>
>>125157472
ex-act and max-act are nero easymodo and I suggest you start practicing them as soon as possible, along with practicing your ABC's (always be charging)

So did you, like, buy the special edition and play with the weird extra characters instead of playing with the main characters first?
>>
>>125158313
I don't even know what ex-act and max-act means. I played DMC4 on the XBOX a few years back and I bought the Special Edition a few days ago and started playing with Vergil first of all.
>>
>>125158575
You can get meter by using the exceed button right after an attack with the right timing, you get 1 bar of exceed meter = ex-act.

When you get the skill, with a tighter timing, you can get all 3 bars of exceed gauge, this is the max-act.
>>
>>125158575
So you didn't play your xbox copy at all or something?
>>
>>125158839
Ah, thanks.

>>125159056
I played it, though I didn't like Nero too much so I probably just passed the game with him a couple of times and focused on Dante. Besides, that was years ago so I kinda forgot how to play.
>>
>>125158171
sucks to be a DmC player
>>
>>125159282
You don't pick between Nero and Dante, they share a campaign, and it's weird that you'd say it was your first time playing as Nero if you played the game on the 360, a version where you have no choice but to play as Nero for more than half of the story campaign.

You're being weirdly inconsistent, but you came here asking for advice rather than pretending to be an expert, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Remap your buttons for Nero so that you can always be charging his pistol. Never not be charging, Always Be Charging.
>>
>>125159464
No, i play vanilla 4 on m 360...

My pc isn't good enough for 4, and i don't have a ps4 or xone.
>>
>>125159590
I know that you don't pick between them, I meant that I focused on the missions where you play as Dante, I probably didn't even beat more than 3 difficulties really. Not trying to be inconsistent, sorry.
>>
>>125138541

Did you catch up on the ONE version like a good primary
>>
>>125160468
some chapters i read in more than 1 version, but not every one...
>>
I love (DmC)

It was nice to get a decent storyline for DMC games finally and Ninja Theory did a good job with the controls as well, I like it that modern games don't use lock-on that much. That thing for me is a thing of a past, when games couldn't have this accurate controls yet without it. I can understand some people disliking the game, that's fine. But I alwyas like it when the game series tries to reinvent itself.

I don't know if Alps is still planning on using these ScrubQoutes so I thought I should post it here
>>
>>125165805
I think I read this from a youtube comment kek in one of AccountingNightmare's DmC vid
>>
>>125166038
Yeah that's where I found it. DmC is pretty low-hanging fruit when it comes to looking for good quotes.
I do enjoy the implication that games these days have somehow improved their soft lock-on from older games
>>
>>125167195
To be honest, soft lock-on have improved in more recent action games compared to old ones.

I remember having trouble to override the soft lock-on from dmc 1, while in dmc 3/4 and bayonetta, it is not complicated (does 3 and 4 have a soft lock on?)
>>
>>125165805

Nope that project is ded
>>
>>125167368
Fair enough, I haven't played DMC1 in a while. >>125167639
Well shit. I might as well start using the material I gathered so far to bump this thread then.
>>
>>125134828
Most would. Inazuma2/Harvest Taunt setups are some of the most boring things I've seen with her.
>>
>>125165805
>Not liking the lock-on in dmc4.
Are there seriously people who think like this?
>>
>>125171629
You should already know that DmC fandom is basically Casual-Opinions-R-Us.
>>
File: Ifrit_DMC.png (835 KB, 736x874) Image search: [Google]
Ifrit_DMC.png
835 KB, 736x874
>>125109754
Oh man, thanks for the Ifrit tip. I was having a hard time against Nelo Angelo and decided to upgrade the thing and absolutely recked his shit. Also the Frosts, which I had a lot of trouble with on Normal, are a breeze with Ifrit now.
>>
>5 days till vst
>get a nasty pc virus and have to format c:
Guess I'll just release a video with my shit later. That way I can add dragon's dogma as well, which hopefully soon has some weapon/skill switching hack.
>>
>>125174615
You can buy two terabyte hard drives for like seventy dollars, high estimate. There's really no excuse for not having your shit backed up or at least having a drive to throw shit onto when you need to reformat.
>>
>>125175118
I had my shit backed up. But I don't think I have enough time now to do more entries since I was up all day tech supporting my shit. Now I still have to re-install my video editor, games, and controller drivers which are always a bitch on windows 10. That leaves me with 1 more day to practice, record footage, and 3 evenings after work to put everything together. I'll try to get it done but I don't want to half ass it.
>>
>>125176917
That's fair, and I think you've got the right attitude. Sucks to delay an entry but it's better than making a product you feel is half-assed.
>>
>>125174615
>Dragon's Dogma

I hope you're being ironic
>>
>>125174615
>>125178516
Wherever this discussion is headed, it'd be great if it stays civil.
>>
File: t.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
t.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>125170473
what are some non-round harvest/inazuma taunt setups? tryin' it out i always have to end up holding them one way or the other with those, even if it's not the simple thing where they fall into taunt from round harvest/inazuma (which is the most boring and obvious way to use 'em)
i must steal them for my own purposes!!

also getting back on the trish train after the fallout vortex with some dumb stuff i guess
>>
>>125178516
Not being ironic. Nope. DD has some pretty good mechanics. The only reason it's not cuhrayzee is the weapons influence the stagger and knockback mechanics too much, and the lack of skill slots. The first can probably be easily fixed using cheat engine, giving the game dmc4 style juggle mechanics and reliable stun values.

Otherwise there is a shitload of cancels and skills that can be used in multiple ways. I'll probably explain more about it once the pc version comes out and I can record some decent footage. Especially the magick archer is impressive at least to have seen being played stylishly.
>>
File: Screenshot 2015-12-12 08-06-46.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-12-12 08-06-46.png
2 MB, 1280x720
Alright, continue...

>Option Button
>Option D-Pad

The OB functions as a support button which gives you some unique moves while still having access to your main weapons. It pretty much functions the same way Dark Slayer Style for Dante in DMC4 works.

The D-Pad is used to select your option move. The selection is instant and all Option moves can be cancels into each other or anything on the fly. There's is 0 delay.

Example of combo using option moves:

Square, Triangle, Square, Right+ Circle, X(Jump Cancel), L1+ Triangle (Range), Tap X (Boost), UpUp+Circle, R1+Triangle(EX ACT!)~Side Switch, R1+Circle(EX-ACT!), Left+Circle, etc, etc.

>EX-Act
These are your main special/super attacks that do good damage. Some are range and some are melee. The also have properties like juggling, knockback, and ground bounce.

>>125113910
In this simple WebM I used Option moves which you can see me Option switch mid combo. @0:05 I used an EX Act to side switch, then I used another EX Act (Range Beam), after that I used a Option move which is a Grab into Unique Move launcher, etc, etc

Option Moves can be seen at the bottem right screen as "Optional". Some can be used infinite number of times while some have a limited use of times.

Also, there are lobbies and you can make a waifu pilot with a big butt do things like dance! The game is 4 player co op but also single player.
>>
>>125183370

So far it just seems like you're explaining how the game works rather than the potential it gives, just saying.
>>
>>125183938
Well if I don't explain you will just ask me later.

>Potential
I said it in my first post but since you ask. The potential of the game lies in the customization department. The are more moves in this game than in a fighting game with a roster of 50+ characters. Creativity is the main focus. The difficulty is really challenging, sometimes it can go to the same level as Ninja Gaiden.

>Tech
There's really only the basic stuff beside things that have been present in mecha games like Boost cancels and such. Jump cancels exists, guard cancels exist, etc. There are no game changing bugs like the DMC games, just the basic cancellation stuff.
>>
>>125178981
Jeezus fucking christ that was brutal.
Have you done any videos at all? If so, I need to give you a watch on YT.
>>
What's the hardest Ninja Gaiden? The hardest 3D Ninja Gaiden, that is.
>>
>>125184990
https://www.youtube.com/user/hiimtab/videos

ignore the latest 2 vids, they're fallout stuff. most of my vids are just dumb junk exploring or explaining something miniscule.
>>
>>125183938
I'm curious. What is beginner cuhrayzee?

Gundam breaker as it stands,

>Merits
Good mechanics like cancellation of moves and such without restricting the player
The game has more moves, more weapons, more customization than any game besides another Gundam game.
Taunts, over exaggerated special moves, even a special attack while a Gundam is riding on a Gundam Horse.
A.I. that is extremely cheap because they were balanced around 4 player co op, making no damage runs extremely hard.
There's a powered up state similar to devil trigger.
Enemies range from Fodder, Solder, Elites, Mini bosses, Huge bosses, and mothership/monster type robot bosses. The later two have no combo potential
Reverse/Side attacks, example; reverse gundam helm breaker is possible
>Demerits
I have not found any game changing exploits. The JPWiki doesn't mention any exploits. Therefore there are currently no exploits in the game.
QBRC only works for Range weapons with the exception of two melee weapons. KungFu set and Whips

How far off is Gundam Breaker from cuhrayzee as it is now?

Since I'm new to this, mind explaining to me exactly what I should be telling or showing you?
>>
>>125189736

>What is beginner cuhrayzee?

Pardon?
>>
>>125189830
I meant to say entry level. Just trying to see where Gundam Breaker stands vs all the great games here. I want to know based on what I've shown you what is it missing.
>>
>>125190314
MGR maybe?
>>
>>125192728
There are games in the OP with less depth than MGR so that's not a great metric to use.
>>
>>125192994
>caring about what's on the "list"
>>
>>125193210
I don't care what's on the list. I assume the guy who has spent several long-ass posts campaigning for us to accept his game does, on the other hand.
>>
>>125192728
>>125193374

I just want to know I should be explaining to you. What type of things are you looking for in a game. What am I not explaining about the mechanics. Feel free to ask any questions and will let you know if there exist such a mechanic or technique, because based on what I've shown and explained to you guys so far it is categorized as basic.

>Cuhrayzee Games List
I didn't use the Cuhrayzee Recommendation List. I used the explanation in the pastbin that describes what a cuhrayzee games requires after an anon told me to go read it.
>>
>>125194406
>I didn't use the Cuhrayzee Recommendation List. I used the explanation in the pastbin that describes what a cuhrayzee games requires after an anon told me to go read it.
Yeah, I know, but I don't know what your goal is here if you're not aiming to get the game listed or something, because to my knowledge you're the only one here who plays it and you can't have a (meaningful) conversation with one participant.

No matter how appropriate a game is for this general is, when it's proposed there's always going to be someone who says, "Well, convince us," with is reasonable in some cases and simple stubbornness in others.

You want this one man's opinion? Sure, whatever, talk about your gundam game. Certainly isn't going to draw my ire. I don't think it will have much longevity as a topic of conversation, in much the same way you practically never see Rainblood/MGR/etc. mentioned here, except moreso in the case of your Gundam game.
>>
>>125189736

>I have not found any game changing exploits.

This isn't anywhere near as important as some people might have you think. If the systems present in the game are already expansive enough, it really doesn't matter.

>A.I. that is extremely cheap because they were balanced around 4 player co op, making no damage runs extremely hard.

On the flipside, in no way does this sound like a good thing.

>mind explaining to me exactly what I should be telling or showing you?

You already explained how the mechanics of the game work. Just post more interesting gameplay that shows off how much freedom you have within the system.

>How far off is Gundam Breaker from cuhrayzee as it is now?

It sounds alright, but the hardest things to gauge without actually being able to play the game are variety and difficulty. If the game has as much variety as you stated, show off some of the things you can do with the other weapons and moves. Difficulty is important, but you can forgo playing in a harsh environment if that enables you to better show off the games potential.

>>125183370
>waifu
>big butt
>do things like dance!

Hmm. Tell me more.
>>
File: qktoGA2.jpg (130 KB, 1022x535) Image search: [Google]
qktoGA2.jpg
130 KB, 1022x535
YOU ARE buying Dante's coat for Christmas this year right, /cgg/? Don't tell me you're not cuhrayzee enough to rock that coat.
>>
>>125197402
I doubt 1/5000 men could pull off that coat.
>>
>>125197402
I bet it looks like shit.
>>
>>125197402
>200 shekels for a T shirt
no way, that's too much for a goy like me
>>
>>125199593
>T shirt
I meant Red Coat
>>
>>125194958
I get that as it is to be expected. My goal wasn't really to get it a list, but was to present it to cgg and see were things go from there, then maybe it would be possible to become a cuhrayzee game if anyone was interested. I appreciate any bit of feedback from guys to better understand what the game is lacking and what I haven't or what I forgot to mention. I'm more so wondering what type of mechanics cgg likes in their games so I can go back and test, as well as, presenting the games exclusive mechanics. I want to do this all while staying by the Cuhrayzee guidelines.

>>125197186
>On the flipside, in no way does this sound like a good thing.
I was wondering, is there some level of fairness in cuhrayzee difficult? I know that all action game follow a basic rule -- don't attack the player unless the player can see the attack/enemy in their field of view. Due to this because balance around co-op the enemies outside of your field of view do not respect you at all. Once your teammates fall they will gun for you. In some cases there are 1 v 3 mini bosses fights and for some reason they two are balance the same way as co-op. They just gangbang you attacks not giving a single fuck. And then they part that suck is that you can barely even run from them, they're fast as fuck when chasing.

>You already explained how the mechanics of the game work. Just post more interesting gameplay that shows off how much freedom you have within the system.
>It sounds alright, but the hardest things to gauge without actually being able to play the game are variety and difficulty. If the game has as much variety as you stated, show off some of the things you can do with the other weapons and moves. Difficulty is important, but you can forgo playing in a harsh environment if that enables you to better show off the games potential.
Will do. And I will get some gangbang clips for you too.

>Hmm. Tell me more.
Um, you can buy your waifu different suits?
>>
>>125178981
There are none :/ Kiss taunt was only fun for the first week. Or when used as a counter to Credo or some other boss.
>>
>>125179683

I wasn't arguing that DD doesn't have good mechanics. I've played it, it's great

But I fail to see how having basic hitstun and enemy weight properties makes it fall into a cuhrayzee category. Juggling stuff =/= cuhrayzee, thought we were a good ways past that. If being able to combo enemies and juggle them reliably was an indicator of cuhrayzee I might as well enter VST with Spider-Man 2 for Xbox
>>
>>125184675

I don't think you really haven't played NG at all if you think a game like that can go to such difficulty levels

I wouldn't even compare them since they don't even seem to resemble the same design philosophies. i'm no expert on ninja gaidn but do explain how you're even saing this. all of this info seems taken straight out of a game manual rather than in-game exploring
>>
>>125203117
I beat the Ninja Gaiden on Xbox a few times. You're right though. Even in Ninja Gaiden there is some form of fairness. This so-called action game fairness is absence in Gundam Breaker. The game was designed for a co-op experience. It expects there to be other skilled players on the battlefield handling sections of the area, therefore throws more challenging enemies into an area. Because of this when you go into single player the same set of rules are still in play but there are no player controller teammates. What you get a very very difficult game to no damage run when played in single player. Enemies don't have a waiting phase, they will simply attack you. Everything will attack you no matter what. Fairness is non existence. You will eat an off screen Trans-AM beam that does 50% or more of your Health points and then get juggled by other enemies. Not only that but your parts can be blasted off if you eat a hard hitting attack. Luckily you can go pick them back up, but still. You have one iframe move and blocking is only rewarded when guard dodging during iframes. Gotta learn QBing.

The early missions consist of Fodder - Soldier and a Elite to order them around. When you get past the beginning stuff and obtain your G.A.I.O.S system they start throwing Fodder - Elites + 2 to 3 mini bosses at you at the same time. Then they start throwing Huge Bosses + Mini Bosses + Elite + Fodder - Soldier at you all at the same time. I can say this game was obviously designed for a co-op experience when you have a HB + 2 MBs and normals attack you at once. But I've even seen people boss mod game like DMC to make them more challenging.

When you die there's no restart, you will respawn in the area away from the battle. Gundam Breaker features a scoring system that is added up at the end of a mission. Combos, amount of kills, no deaths, finding secret areas, and total time it took to complete the stage all determine your final score.
>>
>>125202802
he is not entering Vst with a vid focused entirely on Dragon's Dogma alone. Just as an extra at the end or some shit as it has been done before. How thick are you
>>
>>125208937
smarter than you
>>
thread is dead because everybody is busy with their VST entries, RIGHT?
>>
>>125216665
Haha, y-yeah
>>
>>125121353
Is this that free gundam game for ps4?
>>
>>125202802
I'm not saying the combos would be an indicator for cuhrayzee, but it would help. The most important factor is the multiple ways you can use some of the attacks, either by not executing an entire combo, or by cancelling them. An easy example is the toss&trigger attack, which can be used as a juggle starter if you only use it's first hit and then jump cancel the last frames of animation. Allowing an air attack, or air grab, or bowshot, or other skills.
There's a lot of creative potential and I think the game could be really cool with some tweaks. It's basically dmc4 with dante's moveset split into classes and with a weird stun system that fucks with the juggle mechanics.
Also like I said I might be able to make VST, so by that time I can add DD without having to worry about VST tradition.
>>
>>125208937
Well I'm not entering vst at all. Don't have enough time. So yeah.
>>
>>125197402
For $200 it better come with Dante himself.
>>
>>125223092
>implying uncle Reub will sell himself for 200
come on, we're not talking about Donte here.
>>
>>125197402
There's also a video if you scroll down. It's probably the 800dabburu dorrah leather version. Think the 200$ version would look good? I'd like confirmation before I buy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDZ7lrwhEtc
>>
>>125224768
>the wearer of the clothes is some Donte looking wimp
Capcom couldn't spend 5,10$ on some wig? Or a guy dressed as something other than a wife beater + jeans?

coat itself looks decent, doubt it would actually last long
>>
>>125224768
*edit*
apaprently that's the pleather 200$$ version
>>
You know that feeling when a part of a song lines up perfectly with this idea you have?

bang bang bang
>>
>>125226950
you're listening to this shit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ips2mM7Zqw
>>
>>
>>125227197
Yup. Not only that. It's going in my vst entry along with some other bad music.
>>
>>125227276
why aren't you doing it against an enemy?
>>
>>125227340
It's a practice method for noobs. I thought it up when I was trying to teach star raves to total beginners. baby steps.
>>
>>125227339
>along with some other bad music
why pick the most un-hype un-catchy K-pop I have ever heard. Literally, the most groan inducing shit ever. At least bad J-pop can be ear-worms
>>
>>
>>125227423
get debug mode and practice on an unlit Berial with unlimited enemy health on
>>
>>125227627
I like it. It has variety and it's tryhard gangsta.
What do you suggest then?
>>
>>125227423
well it's not going to help much if you don't have an enemy to practice on.
>>
>>125227716
I tried doing that but his hitbox is asymetrical, sometimes punishing the player even though they did good. I personally didn't enjoy doing it even when I could already do SR easily.
>>
>>125227794
it does. The idea is to create muscle memory. Before letting them do this I put the controller in their hand and give them a note with the inputs on it. The game turned off. After they got it down I let them do that. Then I let them try it on scarecrows. half an hour tops and they can do star raves.
>>
>>125227732
>tryhard gangsta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkMNOlYcpHg
this, fucking this, is more catchy than that faux-nignog-shit-actual-black-people-will-body-those-kids-so-hard

>what do you suggest then
I don't listen to any K-pop or any music in general
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG6X3bH80l8
>>
File: 1279805103719.jpg (344 KB, 689x1024) Image search: [Google]
1279805103719.jpg
344 KB, 689x1024
>>125228013
I don't lie those songs. The first is obnoxious and repetitive, and the second is boring. How is that hype?

Also if you don't listen to music why do you expect your opinion to have any value to it? It's like asking a skyrim player what the best cuhrayzee game is.
>>
File: Killme.jpg (7 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
Killme.jpg
7 KB, 261x193
>>125228413
>you have shit taste, you have no value
correct
>>
File: starravetraining.webm (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
starravetraining.webm
3 MB, 700x394
>>125227869
Best way is to practice on a megascarecrow imo.
Consistent JCs, Easy to spawn, lots of health for those who don't have the PC version.

>>125227945
>The idea is to create muscle memory.
Probably but when you get to actually JCing against enemies, you'll need to change your timing/speed since the player can cancel out of skystar while JCing. Most people just start off against an enemy then work their way up at a faster pace. There's not much of a reason to break it down even further since the inputs aren't too hard to get down. The only thing that's a problem with starraving is consistency.
>>
File: 1311975994783.jpg (20 KB, 425x292) Image search: [Google]
1311975994783.jpg
20 KB, 425x292
>>125228538
kek. anon pls no sudoku. I don't like your music, but but that's not really the end of the world desu.
I'm sure you have good taste in a lot of things.
>>
>>125229086
>There's not much of a reason to break it down even further since the inputs aren't too hard to get down.
Well I'm talking about total video game noobs. I noticed in letting them try on scarecrows that it didn't really work, and I didn't have a console save near the stage 10~ megascarecows.
This helped
>>
>>125227662
Ive seen so many combos videos of DMC4 that they all loom the same to me... I really want DMC5...
>>
abondoning all hope. Figured I'd try dante must die difficuty for my entry. Never played on it before. Getting my shit wrecked.

The plan was always to git gud first then go for difficulties beyond normal.
>>
>>125229568
To be fair, that combo was probably made back in 2010 or earlier. Plus there's not much variety to it.
>>
File: 1315207479163.jpg (15 KB, 394x297) Image search: [Google]
1315207479163.jpg
15 KB, 394x297
I just realized I can't even do an entire fight with style. I have a number of combos that I feel are original and my own, but using them in succession in a fight is impossible within the small amount of time left. FUCK. Now what.
>>
>>125108494
DMC has braindead enemies, almost no enemy variety, and little focus on movement, placement, evasion, timing, or anything, and attacks are slow and can be cancelled giving no weight to your actions. So it shouldn't be defined as cuhrayzee

DMC is just cycling through moves and jumping when an enemy does a choreographed and predictable attack.
>>
File: 1447606010233.jpg (478 KB, 962x1444) Image search: [Google]
1447606010233.jpg
478 KB, 962x1444
>>125192728
MGR is a button masher with less depth than GoW or Darksiders.
>>
>>125232391

shitposting hour already?
>>
>>125232391
Kiritanon? Tales anon? Or just /v/?
>>
>>125232563
it's still considered cuhrayzee
personally, I will rather play MKH or Rainblood over that
>>
>>125232606
>>125232706
Let's not kid ourselves. The game is shitty autism bait with punching bag enemies in which you can just stand in one spot cycling moves while occasionally jumping or dodging, and throwing in a taunt for good measure. It just favors autistic recital of weak combos to fill an arbitrary style meter when that's not the fastest or most efficient way to take out enemies.

Both movement and the attacks themselves (both for you and the enemies) are slow and clunky. The movement is awkward and not fluid and is miles below the movement of NG or even something like fucking MGRR. The jump is piss-poor and because there's almost zero lateral movement it's just used for iframe spam.

The game also lacks depth (and no having an arbitrary style meter doesn't change the core mechanics autismo); maybe if every style could be equipped simultaneously it would begin to have some depth, but having to choose between dodge, block/counter, or having more than one attack button? What a fucking joke.

Only having two weapons at once combined with shallow movesets cripples the combat and ruins variety. There are so few moves for each, nothing on the level of NG2's 15+ base attacks (counter, strong, weak, strong hold, weak hold, strong pause, weak pause, forward strong, forward weak, 360 attacks, OT, UT, bow, shruiken, air combos) for each weapon + dodge/block, and this is without even going into the 50+ combos for each weapon. And not to mention NG2's more fluid movement, more strict timing, more smart and adaptive enemy AI (especially bosses), and the weight given to moves by not being able to simply hop right out of them into a full i-frame to apex jump whenever you see an enemy do one of their predictable tells before an attack.
>>
>>125233540
yep it's definitely shitposting hr.
keep at it anon. you save me the trouble of bumping the thread.
>>
File: 1432575263796.png (259 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1432575263796.png
259 KB, 750x750
>>125232563
What's with this comparison, where did is come from, and why are you replying to >>125192728 which has nothing to do with Ninja Gaiden or MGR?

>>125232901
MKH > MGR
RBH > MGR
I sure hope you're planning to enter both of those games for your VST7 entry.
>>
>>125233540
>when that's not the fastest or most efficient way to take out enemies.
Speaking of autistic
>>
>>125233661
>VST7 entry
sure, once I get the money to unfuck-up my hands and cure my cold
>>
>>125234335
do one hand cuhrayzee
>>
File: 1446007430897.png (368 KB, 664x606) Image search: [Google]
1446007430897.png
368 KB, 664x606
>>125233540
What is your goal? I mean do you not realize you're just wasting time? Do you think they're just going to drop DMC because of your opinion? What exactly are you trying to achieve here by attempting to shit on another game? That's not how you get people to play Ninja Gaiden, anon. Are you even going to respond to my post using your brain or are you just too far gone on that drug over there? I'm interested in this is all.
>>
>>125233540
typical ninja gaiden efficiency conformist. If you want to not be autistic why not just get a job and work bitch.
>>
File: DO IT.jpg (38 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
DO IT.jpg
38 KB, 700x466
What is your DMC5 game charger?

Mines are at least two new styles and Finished Nero. What if Nero's power grows to his other arm and even his feet. What is his power grows onto his cock?

Dante needs a weapon that fires slices of pizzas or maybe a pizza box as a weapon, and a pizza eating taunt!
>>
>>125238895
new girl he met who works as a courier for his favorite pizza place. She's super fast, and his taunt will be that he'll take a bite out of pizza and then the pizza girl flashes on screen to take his slice.
>>
>>125230056
Same thing happened to me. After dominating with Vergil in LDK mode I thought I could go for it with Nero. Instead I got rekt.
>>
>>125240202
How about we make her a playable character instead of some pizza stealing slut. what speed based weapons would she use?
>>
File: 269628-doasaturn7.jpg (114 KB, 630x480) Image search: [Google]
269628-doasaturn7.jpg
114 KB, 630x480
HWA!
>>
>>125224768
i posted the jack but dont actually buy it unless you're doing cosplay. you'll look like a huge nerd wearing that with normal clothing.
>>
>>125232391

replace DMC with MGR and you got a point
>>
File: Zedonius.webm (3 MB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Zedonius.webm
3 MB, 720x540
>>125233540
> strong hold, weak hold, strong pause, weak pause, forward strong, forward weak, 360 attacks

Actually those aren't base attacks, they're particular input modifications that you perform within an ongoing combo. Base attacks are just light and heavy strike, counter attack, ninpo, and guillotine throw. OTs and UTs are special techniques that you don't just perform on the fly since they require special circumstances

>>125185880

Most people feel like 2 is harder. I personally feel the enemy AI is more cunning in NGB. The pace for both games is also wildly different so it's hard to judge them in equal grounds. I found Mentor to be harder than Very Hard from NGB, but found NGB's Master Ninja harder than NG2's MN

From Razor's Edge I can't comment much since I only beat it on Master Ninja once and never bothered with doing Ultimate Ninja. Ultimately I just found it more tedious because it combined many aspects I disliked of Sigma 2 with the overall pace of NG2
>>
>>125247471
post video
>>
>>125233540
>NG2
>strong pause, weak pause
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
can we just start posting webms again? even old ones.
>>
>>125260529
Maybe, if they run at full speed.
>>
>>125260753
Isn't that just normal game speed? I can't tell
>>
>>125261114
You're telling me you don't see the difference between your first webm and the second one?
>>
>10
>>
>>125233540
Oh I see the shitposter from last night went into this thread to shitpost some more.

>>125257659
Yeah seriously, I'm a huge NGfag, but nothing he's talking about is making any sense.
>>
>>125261945
Are you telling me you don't see the difference between a dog and your mom's ass?
>>
dmc4 is shit. I haven't felt like practicing in years, because what is there besides scarecrow juggling?
Other enemies only juggle when you deplete their stun hp or some shit. those flying knight commanders break out of your juggles.
those pointy low enemies that take over scarecrows can't be juggled.
those death-like cloak fuckers don't even react when hit. the lightning dudes don't react at all. then what's left? a couple of shitty bosses? whoopie.

Mechanics can only take you so far. The actual game has to be fun to playthrough and everything about dmc4 is a snoozefest. Something hack this shit and add in some new maps.
>>
>>125268101
cool shitpost.
>>
>>125268304
Not shitposting. Just frustrated ;_;
>>
>>125246553
oh god, what is that
>>
>>125241237
the pizza delivery scooter, DMC3 style
>>
Mother. Fucking. Bump
>>
Depth in games like Bayonetta or Devil May Cry isn't "real" depth, it's cheated. If you take out the points system out of these games, they will loose almost all of their depth. Some players probably don't care about points, but just about beating the game (how you play traditional games). When the points don't matter anymore, it also doesn't matter anymore, what combos you do, how many combos you do and if you do combos at all. The only thing that matters is dodging at the right moment and spamming attack when you can. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what combos you make. Some combos are a bit more AoE damage, some give you more mobility and whatever, but you could break down the 100 combos or so of Bayonetta to like 5 combos and the game would still have the same amount of depth. (Btw that is what I call "breadth")
Also those games give the player lots of healing items and stuff like that which could completely break the game, and the way they "balance" those is by simply making you loose points for using them.
In my opinion this design philosophy is really really cheap game design. Don't get me wrong, these games are still a lot of fun, but if they didn't balance things with the points system, but just by the game itself, these games would be even better, they don't need to take out the points system. That is also why I like Metal Gear Rising more than Bayonetta even though that game also has some of those problems.

pfffhahahahahahahahah
>>
>>125277218
So this is just bait then?
>>
>>125277218
I agree.
>>
File: sprite00222.png (283 B, 16x24) Image search: [Google]
sprite00222.png
283 B, 16x24
>>125277218
>When the points don't matter anymore, it also doesn't matter anymore, what combos you do, how many combos you do and if you do combos at all.
Life also doesn't matter einstein. In 200 years no one will even remotely remember you existed in the first place, let alone you having had any sort of impact on the near limitless existence of time and space.
Think about that before you do take any sort of action beyond breathing. You know what, why don't you stop breathing altogether. I'm sure in your case 200 years is an overstatement.
>>
>>125278675
>>125278495
Nah, just a funny comment I found on a video
>>
>>125277218
>tldr DMC1 and God Hand is pinnacle of game design
whatever
>>
>>125281680
>Life also doesn't matter
why are we living, just to suffer?
>>
>>125238895
>le pizza for Dante
that's meme territory, it would be like renaming Vergil's Concentration to Motivation

>DMC5
the game will take place after DMC2 and will involve Dante and Nero going to hell to help Vergil who is fighting the forces of the newly revived Mundus to 1)protect the human world 2)become the king of Hell. Lady, Trish and Lucia stays at the human world to fend off Mundus' forces that is leaking.
Lady will play like Sam Gideon in the sense that Dante gave her Pandora which one of its form was a full on power armor.
Trish and Lucia have a tag team mechanic
Vergil will be balanced and have more weapons and summon swords formations to work with. And the concentration meter will be reworked.
Dante will have 8 styles, Trickster, Royalguard, Swordmaster, Gunslinger, Doppleganger, Quicksilver, GrappleMania, Stuntmaster. GrappleMania is focused heavily on grabbing enemies, doing Inazuna drops, suplex etc. Stuntmaster is using weapons as if they were vehicles
Vehicle weapons are a thing now, Motorcycle, Convertible, Jets as weapons confirmed
Nero will have full physical DT, more weapons and Devil forms to summon.
>>
File: 1254065242047.jpg (72 KB, 476x356) Image search: [Google]
1254065242047.jpg
72 KB, 476x356
>>125288627
>GrappleMania is focused heavily on grabbing enemies, doing Inazuna drops, suplex etc. Stuntmaster is using weapons as if they were vehicles
>Vehicle weapons are a thing now, Motorcycle, Convertible, Jets as weapons confirmed
>>
>>125281760
>reading youtube comments
why.jpg
>>
File: Olivia concept vs game.jpg (394 KB, 1094x1086) Image search: [Google]
Olivia concept vs game.jpg
394 KB, 1094x1086
damn it Shinji
>>
>>125291491
it was a ps2 game with no budget. i thought she looked cute.
>>
File: Beta Gene.jpg (2 MB, 1537x2174) Image search: [Google]
Beta Gene.jpg
2 MB, 1537x2174
>>125291826
I guess.
Thank god somebody changed Gene's design.
>>
Now I'm trying to play NGB on Very Hard without any items. I've made it to the optional fiend challenge in the archives in chapter 6 and haven't gotten anywhere close to completing it. I'm starting to think that part of the reason they put healing items in this game was so they could serve as a means of bullshit-mitigation; when an enemy that's completely off-screen hits you immediately after some other enemy breaks your guard, that's when you're supposed to use healing items.
>>
>>125281680
>200 years
I wonder how scientists, historians from 200 years later will view the present (2015)
>>
>>125277218
What about getting an SS or Pure Platinum on every mission/chapter? That requires use of the "fake depth."
>>
>>125294183
see >>125281760
>>
>>125294553
I know, I was just responding to the comment
>>
File: Arrow counter 2.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Arrow counter 2.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>125293201

The AI is programmed specifically to do that. Items do not serve the purpose to make up for unfair situations because these do not exist. They're there for when players make a mistake.

You can always see enemy moves in advance. They can work together to try and put you in a vulnerable position, but you can foresee this and react accordingly. For example, you can learn to read enemy attacks to know if they're going to use a heavy strike, a light strike or a grab. Obviously if you see they're preparing a guard-breaking attack you move and stun them instead of blocking the attack

You can also use the instant guard reset trick if you're guard broken (see NG2 advanced guide draft or NGB advanced combat guide on gamefaqs).
>>
>>125296013
Good points. Thanks for the advice, I'll check out that gamefaqs guide.
>>
>>125094609
I liked her better in the DS game.
>>
>>125296212
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sy1BQ5uDMM&index=6&list=PLMcQdnFqkDGdEWW2HjVALjy4k7NH39iZD
>>
>>125296915
Damn nice.
>>
>>125296373
>NG:DS
I remember playing a demo ages ago for it. as a devbro, i like how there's enemies that share animations with NG2.
>>
>>125296915
why do the white and black panther things have tits? Not complainin
>>
>>125299190
>>125296373

I think I only played for a few minutes before just forgetting about it altogether because the touch controls frustrated me somewhat. The game is good?
>>
>>125300336
can't really say much about it since i only played the demo. it wasn't bad for a touchbased NG game.
>>
>>125281760
Link to the original vid where this faggotry is?
>>
File: toukiden-kiwami-10-28-14-1.jpg (45 KB, 900x510) Image search: [Google]
toukiden-kiwami-10-28-14-1.jpg
45 KB, 900x510
>>125299732
probably a furry in Team Ninja's dev team
>>
>>125302392
>toukiden Kiwami
Team Ninja had nothing to do with it
according to wikipedia, but wikipedia
is the game worth getting? Heard it was Monster Hunter clone + shit PC port
>>
>playing bayonetta
I have no fucking clue what I am doing. that umbran arts tutorial video series linked in the pastebin is dead. only has 2 episodes unless I'm a fucking retard and can't find the others
>>
>>125094609
>combo breaking enemies
I thought it was impossible to do combos in the traditional sense in Ninja Gaiden?
>>
>>125303620
i fucking hate that fucking word

he meant enemies that interrupt your canned attack string and/or stun you

You misunderstood that word in one of other five or six or whatever meanings
>>
File: 7t9t9o.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
7t9t9o.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
>>125302686
>MonHun clone
pretty much

>is it worth getting?
if you like MonHun and titty monsters

>not Team Ninja
at some point shortly after the Koei Tecmo merger, i read members of TN were swapped around and split up
>>
>>125302686
Honestly no. The enemies always feel like sponges and you have to abuse the Gimmick with the spirits to even do some decent damage. In MH it's understanding the weapon you are using and it's strengths.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 133

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.