[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guild Wars 2 General - /gw2g/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 134
File: 1410158905953.jpg (201 KB, 934x363) Image search: [Google]
1410158905953.jpg
201 KB, 934x363
Friendly Edition

>I've been away from the game a while and what's new?
https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release
>GW2 Wiki (type /wiki [article name] in-game to open browser):
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Redposting
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/devtracker
>I Need a Build But I Won't Say for What Mode
http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki
http://intothemists.com/calc/
>Content
http://gw2dungeons.net/
>The Mistwar
http://wvwintel.com/
>World Boss Train
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_boss
>Fashion Endgame
http://argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/
>Simple Traveling Merchant Data
http://gw2bltc.com/
http://www.gw2shinies.com/
https://www.gw2spidy.com/
https://www.gw2tp.com/
>Crafting
http://gw2crafts.net/
>Roleplay Resources
http://www.Guildwars2roleplayers.com/
http://gw2.aculeo.org/
>Writebin
http://pastebin.com/kRR6ZV7W
>I'm a new/returning player, how do I join the /vg/ guild?
NA: Tarnished Coast, whisper Drosera Korruptia, Vitto Mortemsen, Peachy Panic, or Mexay Renatus
EU: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Farfelu, Maerahd, Aktium, Nalynea, Mo Zing Miko, Togo Hornblower or Kealdrix

-Guilds are cross-server, and the only real reason to choose the server above is if you want to be on the same WvWvW team.
-You can also send a mail asking to be in the guild, if nobody is online.

Or, leave your name and server here so someone can check this post and invite you.
>>
nuzzling at musky charr nuts
>>
File: mushroom.jpg (124 KB, 1333x753) Image search: [Google]
mushroom.jpg
124 KB, 1333x753
What is the ultimate evil?
>>
>>121810937
what is a mushroom, but a miserable pile of secretions
>>
>>121810937
people who post things like
>>121810875
>>
>>121811017
Wrong answer.
>>
File: tfw bow in your skull.jpg (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
tfw bow in your skull.jpg
1 MB, 1440x900
>>121810937
Enemies who passively evade attacks of a certain type without any indication beyond a line under their health bar and "Evaded!" popping up.

Fuck Shadowleapers so much. At least have a Matrix-style dodge animation or something you amphibian piece of shit.
>>
>>121810734
You didn't link the old thread, fucktard.

>>121684135
>>
just installed this game, got the f2p version, i'll prolly buy it if i like it

can't decide between what to level, elementalist or necro, any opinions or help?
>>
>>121812369
Elementalist is stronger while leveling. It's only con is that it has low health.
>>
>>121812369
Ele is good in all three game modes, they're a solid choice. They have a small health pool and thin armor so you have to pay attention or you'll get squashed.

Necros are mostly good in PvP (where level doesn't matter) or WvW. They're not terribly desired in PvE due to being "selfish" as they buff themselves but not really anyone else (ele on the other hand shits out buffs). They have a high health bar (and a second one on top of THAT) so they're more forgiving of mistakes.
>>
If I started playing this today, how long would it take me to get to the current content on average?
>>
>>121812660
A week or two, probably, if you focused on a single character and played a few hours a day. Less if you no-life'd.

Much less if you actually bought the game, as then you could level in world vs world via the Edge of the Mists map, which players use as a giant XP farm. That's dependent on getting a good map where people are training rather than fighting though. And if you're F2P it's not really an option as it's not until level 60 that the ability to WvW opens up.
>>
>>121812660
Are you in a hurry? You shouldn't be.

But if you must know, you could no-life your way to max level in a week or so, then buy exo gear with the money (and likely badges) you made along the way, and be ready to do everything but high-level fractals and (eventually) raids.
>>
>>121811293
As cancerous as that sort of design is (as if the eternity-lasting backwards leap and stealth wasn't enough), I like that HoT seems to punish both ranged and melee.

I played ranged in GW2 and many fights were boring. Now I switched to melee in HoT and fights are generally more engaging. Even if the chak crown makes me want to gnaw my fingers in rage.
>>
>>121812915
>>121812897
Ok. Thanks. I'm just curious right now. I'm going to try out the f2p for a bit. Which is a better game do you think, this or ffxiv?
>>
>>121813031
I don't play ffxiv so I can't say.
>>
Any good spot to farm core tyria masteries other than CoF and Orr? Kind of bored already and I still have at least 12 mil exp to go.
>>
>>121812951
I wouldn't mind it if he only did it in certain periods with obvious animations. I'm fine with smokescales - they fuck melee, but it's very obvious when they're doing it and you can counter it (step outside circle, make it follow you).

Shadowleapers are just "lol get fukt m8." All the time.
>>
>>121813226
You should probably do a variety of shit to combat that boredom. Teq would be an obvious one due to the multiple events.
>>
>>121813321
Just fuck the tree frogs in general. Both shadowleapers and bladedancers can just go die in one of the many airship fires.
>>
>>121813031
As someone who's played and enjoyed both extensively, I'd say the two are too different to be really compared. XIV is structured like your typical Everquest/WoW MMO with the bells of whistles of newer titles (e.g. dynamic events), GW2 is a little more "open" and less stringent with what it wants you to do.

That said, XIV sometimes feels too claustrophobic and GW2 too chaotic and all over the place. So it all depends on what you prefer - to set your own goals (preferably with friends), or to log on to do a laundry list of tasks the devs laid out for you. GW2 also does more things with the open world, XIV is a lot more reliant on instances. GW2 has an intrusive cash shop that very narrowly avoids P2W, XIV has a sub fee.

Pick your poison. XIV has a trial, so try out both for yourself.
>>
I need a quick barbing before work who do I whisper? NA please.
>>
>>121813226
I just grind in silverwastes

xp is a little slower but the money is real
>>
>>121813524
>Tfw EU
>Will never find decent ERP
>>
File: gw171.jpg (213 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
gw171.jpg
213 KB, 1440x900
>people actually fall for this
>>
>>121813462
>>121813321
The frogs are the biggest assholes of all the new enemies. Whoever designed them needs a pillow on his face.

Rolling devils are a close second.
>>
>>121813462
>>121813672
Bladedancers and Devils I don't mind that much. CC and kiting can help out a lot, especially since devils have fuck-all for a breakbar.

What pisses me off is that there's no limit on what enemy can become a vet, elite, champ, etc. They're not intolerable enemies as normal mobs - they're glass canons with high burst but low health - but once they start gaining tens of thousands of HP more than usual they become utter bullshit. You can't have both glass cannon and health sponge.
>>
>>121813672
Rolling devils? Really? They are so easy to get rid of it is literally a farce.
>>
>>121813672
Frogs are really shitty for some classes and builds that have no hard counter to them.
As a berzerker thief, I can steal to one and pop fist flurry and it's dead before the daze wears off.
On my elementalist, I need to pop an elite every time I engage even in more balanced gear.

Rolling devils are only shit when they get caught on the buggy as shit terrain, roll in place, and murder everything instantly.

>>121814227
This, so much. Frogs are tolerable because they're hard to hit and hit like a truck, but are built of wet tissue paper.
When a champion comes along it's a giant fuck you.
>>
>>121813669
can you even click that link in gw2 mail?
>>
>>121814872
Of course not.
>>
>>121811489
Sorry.
>>
File: cdSl3.jpg (90 KB, 300x321) Image search: [Google]
cdSl3.jpg
90 KB, 300x321
>someone translated the memorial walls found in HoT maps
>most deaths are "defending the helpless" "fighting the modrem" or falling/being stung by bees
>except then one poor asshole both got stung and then fell to his death
>there was also a grawl historian in the Priory somehow
>he got lost
Heh.
>>
>>121813518
How are the new classes? I played when the only content was Coil 1-5 and swapped between Black Mage and Summoner depending on my static's needs.
>>
File: gw133.jpg (241 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gw133.jpg
241 KB, 1920x1080
What does gw2g think of my Revenant transmute?
>>
File: gw137.jpg (229 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gw137.jpg
229 KB, 1920x1080
>>121817156
>>
File: dia.jpg (210 KB, 1067x765) Image search: [Google]
dia.jpg
210 KB, 1067x765
Butts.
>>
>>121817156
>>121817319
Armor looks good but you picked a shitty face and horn style.
>>
>>121818119
agreed, i'll be changing the horns/face soonish
>>
new to this game, should I make a thief or a guardian if I mostly care about pve?
>>
>Get to level 100 fractals
>Everything takes forever to kill
>Had to get condi gear to make shit less slow
>ascended sets cost too much now so rerolled my scholar set
>rewards have been fucking nothing for almost a week
NICE
>>
>>121818746
They're both pretty good in PvE. Guardian offers a bit more team support, but Thief is so high damage that it doesn't really matter. Guardian has respectable damage, but nowhere near as high as thief. Thief is glass, Guardian can take a hit.
>>
>>121817156
Armor dyes are very monotone, so I'm not a fan and I think the herald shoulder looks like shit. The colors could be fine if it was to match the shield, but if you were doing that lose the flaming sword and get something gray.

Otherwise he's alright.
>>
>>121818868
neat, I guess I'll roll a thief then
I'm a sucker for rogues

how is it in pvp though?
>>
>>121819050
With the right stat setup in PvP, guardian can be extremely annoying to kill and puts intense pressure on the enemy team, great for point defense or point offense.
>>
>>121818793
Wait, why condi?
>>
>>121819186
what about thief? is it the standard cloak and crit dagger glass cannon stuff?
>>
>>121815346
They were released in a dire state, but have been fixed up since then. Your mileage may still vary, but they stand up well enough on their own by now and have been used effectively for progression by various FCs. Two of them are satisfyingly flashy and all of them are pretty fun to use.
>>
>>121819374
There are a lot of different builds for thief in PvP, I wouldn't know much about that. They offer high utility through several means though, PvE and PvP.
>>
>>121819490
sounds great, thanks mate
>>
>>121818746
A guard, definitely. Become the bro/waifu.
>>
>>121819374
every class is crit glass cannon stuff
>>
>>121819308
Toughness scaling run amok.
>>
>>121819308
Toughness on higher level frac mobs. Although, only worth doing on Ranger and Engi
>>
>>121819894
>Although, only worth doing on Ranger and Engi
>an entire playstyle is only valuable under the most extreme conditions and only to two classes
Thanks Anet!
Not even the lord of Plagues, the Necromancer, has a truly viable Condibuild.
Screw interesting builds and styles, gotta stack some more Zerkers.
>>
>>121820232
Whoa there, condi engineer is great dps even in other situations. It's just that it feels almost necessary in the extreme fractals.
>>
>Tempest's Overloads are all moving vicinity-AoE-Skills
>can buff himself with Auras and Protection and Stability upp the arse
>shouts

Is Dagger an option in PvE/Fractals?
If so, what offhand?

Also, this is why I wanted Axe or Sword for Tempest.
>>
>>121820434
Fractal meta is tempest staff. Also almost all shouts are shit, except heal and elite.
>>
>>121820232
Isn't hybrid necro DPS top tier?
>>
>>121820720
Not since Reaper thanks to its massive crits.
Although some people have started to build the Celestial Signet around the new Frostdamage, apparently it can tick for quite alot.
I cant find any ressource on the removal priority of conditions.
Would be interesting to know where chill is on that list
>>
UNGH!
I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL!
>>
>>121820929
Chill condi reaper is actually very viable, from what I've heard and seen.
>>
>>121821142
>>121820929
So far I came up with 2 builds, one for PvE/fractals and one for SPvP
Both would use a mix between Rabid and Zerkers, although Viper would be preferrable, if achievable.

sPvP:
Curses 3-3-3
Spite 2-1-2
Reaper 3-2-2

Pve:
Soul 1-3-3
Spite 2-1-2
Reaper 2-3-2 or 1-3-2
>>
>>121820232
Condi Engi was slightly better than Power Engi before HoT. With Viper, it's ahead by a decent amount despite condi duration food nerf.

I think it's the same with ranger, but with a lesser difference. No idea about that class since 90% of the people who play that class are shitters anyway.

Interesting builds don't exist in gw2 because of how pve works. All raids is gonna do is this:

- Zerkers
- Vipers
- Take the utilities to deal with the boss mechanics (sustain heals, reflect, etc).
>>
File: Character lineup 11-9.png (3 MB, 3224x632) Image search: [Google]
Character lineup 11-9.png
3 MB, 3224x632
Post lineups.

Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Engineer, Thief, Elementalist, Warrior, Necro, Revenant.

I haven't really played the last four guys that much, and I am levelling the Guardian right now, so she gets new armor when I hit 80.
>>
>>121813518
I've played FFXIV a bit already and I was just curious at other games since they have a stupid 24 hour maintenance for a content patch.

Does GW2 have a quest structure, or how do you progress normally?
>>
File: gw006.jpg (452 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gw006.jpg
452 KB, 1920x1080
How's my FHD Herald?
>>
>>121822239
Nothing against you - but holy shit is the armor in GW2 boring.
>>
>>121810734
>I'm a new/returning player, how do I join the /vg/ guild?
NA: Tarnished Coast, whisper Edarkness, Reignofpain, Chippey
EU: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Farfelu, Maerahd, Aktium, Nalynea, Mo Zing Miko, Togo Hornblower or Kealdrix

-Guilds are cross-server, and the only real reason to choose the server above is if you want to be on the same WvWvW team.
-You can also send a mail asking to be in the guild, if nobody is online.

Or, leave your name and server here so someone can check this post and invite you.
>>
>>121810734
How friendly, exactly?
>>
>>121822989
Is there a way to change servers if you pick the wrong one and want to switch, or you're stuck wherever you start at?
>>
>>121822754
Only quests are the main storyline ones. That's personal story (the one that you start with as a character), Living Story season 2 (if you wanna pay), and the expansion storyline. Quests in the open world are pretty much dynamic events. I haven't played Heavensward, but the newer zones have "meta events" that require events in that zone to be completed.

GW2 is comfy as fuck to level because you get experience pretty much anything in any zone. You "scale" down to zones, so you can do shit like do the lowbie zones near max level for experience.
>>
>>121823146
You use gems (cash shop currency) to transfer your home server. This only matters if you are doing WvW or joining a WvW guild. Besides that, there's only two "servers" for the rest of the game - NA megaserver and EU megaserver.
>>
>>121822923
No offense taken.

Most of my armor is boring for practicality purposes - I don't want to waste transmute charges until something's level 80.

That, and anything with glowy particle vomit makes my potato chug, so no radiant shoulders/mantles. This also means no CoF armor, where I have the currency for a full set just... rotting in my wallet.
>>
File: 1442324396540.jpg (99 KB, 610x395) Image search: [Google]
1442324396540.jpg
99 KB, 610x395
>>121821920
This is, imo, the biggest flaw about GW2. There's very little build diversity, even amongst dps types. Condition damage weapons need to be buffed across the board, outside of a few niche specs.

Then there's other builds, for example healing. Healing other players should reward the healer with XP for whatever the healed targets are killing. Healing Power scaling on abilities need to be much higher (more for some classes). Additionally, abilities that heal other players need to have an additional utility effect. For example: giving regen, retaliation, protection, weakness, or vulnerability.
>>
>>121823146
Server's do not matter for the guilds you join. I should take that out of my post but I copied it from Edark's post once and im kinda lazy
>>
>>121822989
stop posting trying to provide misinformation, the real guild info is >>121810734
>>
>>121823463
I blame critical damage
No seriously, the mere fact that direct attacks can deal up to 300% damage makes conditions worhtless. That and the fact it's INSTANT.
You can counteract conditions, you have time, but NOT critical damage
There are too few enemies with high toughness, like the Mordrem Husks, which can take only a few seconds with Conditions, but much longer with direct damage.
Conditions either need to be buffed seriously, or condi-builds should get some serious advantages from conditioning foes.
>>
>>121823581
No that isnt the real information at all, the real /vg/ guild is DORF. Get over it
>>
>>121823463
>Additionally, abilities that heal other players need to have an additional utility effect. For example: giving regen, retaliation, protection, weakness, or vulnerability.

Er, do you even play, or are you trying to be a strawman shitposter?

Most outgoing heals usually don't have a second effect immediately built-in - that's for traits to handle. And even then, you're blatantly wrong. For instance: ranger's Healing Spring:
>provides a water field for combo purposes
>removes conditions every time it pulses
>provides regeneration each pulse.
>When traited, provides Vigor each pulse.
>When traited as a Druid, buffs party with a blind.

Among some other interactions I forget. And that's just one heal-others ability for one class.
>>
>>121823463
I remember playing the initial BWEs for GW2 and Healing power was a lot better. You could actually go hybrid healer and not feel like you wasted a third of your stats.

As for tanking, threat is managed by pretty silly things. Number of hits, targets' toughness, distance in "peripheral" view, etc.

ArenaNet tries really hard to be different for the sake of being different than other MMOs in PvE. However, all they did is create an environment where you want 5 damage dealers that all have utility to either speed up or literally block/reflect mechanics.
>>
>>121823463
Healing is already too powerful for what's required. The entirety of content we have right now is best done without a healer. If I'm remembering right the raid comps from beta didn't use heal stats either. You just get by with your abilities because that's all you need.
>>
>>121824012
Not the same anon, but both Centaur/Herald Rev, Druid, and Tempest are newer designs that ArenaNet made because they want to encourage healers in the upcoming raids. Unlike say Engis or Ele, the new heal abilities are actually good.
>>
>>121824006
FUN has been here for years and remains as the one and only gw2g guild. Every other guild, including DORF, is just a knockoff trying to steal away clueless idiots.

Good luck with your map chat guild.
>>
>>121824208
Nice meme.
Dorf is the /na/ vg guild. 490 members etc. Get the fuck over it faggot hahaha
>>
>>121824006
lmao shut up faggot
>>
>>121824006
I'm in HOPE and even I know FUN is the real /vg/ guild while HOPE just recruits here, and DORF shitposts

FUN and HOPE shitpost too, but not this fucking loud
>>
>>121824012
The one class you're mentioning is the latest released elite spec. Druid was built with these things in mind, while many of the standard class healer traitlines do not. That's what I was getting at with my post.

>>121824072
If you do not think buffing healing is a viable method of increasing the amount of diverse builds (particularly with making healing viable), then what would you suggest? Nerfing berserkers? Berserkers has a monopoly on most pve content, and that is not okay from a balance perspective.
>>
dhuumfire reaper is fucking ridic
>>
>>121824365
Ranger had Healing Spring before HoT. The blind was literally the only other outgoing heal benefit I mentioned.
>>
>>121824271
>490 members
you guys didnt think this through did you, what happens when you cant invite anyone anymore, gonna kick some peoples friends? or all of the 460 members that didn't accept an invite yet?
>>
File: H2P GW2.png (106 KB, 379x379) Image search: [Google]
H2P GW2.png
106 KB, 379x379
>>121823463
>>121824028
Remember this?
When this was relevant?
Even with revamped Defianc emechanic, CC-specifics aren't require dbecause everyone has several knockbacks, fears, shackles, whatevers
Anet should own up to their mistakes and just introduce proper threat management.
You could even use The defiance-bar and reviving as an anchorpoint to what causes aggro
>>
>>121824365
The answer isn't buffing or nerfing other specs. Content and the gameplay itself determine what people use. Only when there's an actual use for a spec does it matter what it's numbers are.
>>
>>121824639
I remember this made my ridiculous hype for the game skyrocket further.

Never again will I fall for MMO hype.
>>
All this berserker shilling, and yet I find myself having to use Spirit of Nature's self-destruct to pick up the entire team because they facetank like jackasses and then wipe on what they can't immediately kill.

>Hur what is a dodge/block/reflect/heal
>>
>>121822239
maybe i'll use my upcoming 400 gems and some gold to buy another slot who knows
>>
>>121824639
Rebuilding a threat system to work fluidly would probably be too much of an investment for ArenaNet at this point. I don't see the financial decision makers wanting to spend development time on that. Plus, the majority of the community enjoy the retarded do whatever they want since "muh build is snowflakely and can do this and that". Adding a new system like threat makes the playerbase would have to learn to management another resource.

They currently can barely dodge red circles and use their most damaging skills at the moment.
>>
>>121825130
I don't think anyone is "shilling" berserkers, but rather saying berserkers is a stupidly viable build so long as you dodge/block/reflect.

A person who plays like shit is not an indication of any build viability. I've seen druids auto-attack without trying to align their ray with other people, too, that doesn't mean druid is shit.
>>
>>121825234
You have to make a new character for each class?
>>
>>121824690
Well with buffing/nerfing specs off the table, then the other method of creating a dependency on multiple build types would be to remove dodge rolls. The ability to avoid damage entirely eliminates the necessity for tankier builds, which then eliminates the need to heal yourself or other players.

>>121824639
It's quite unfortunate how the state of balance came to be in the game's pve.

>>121824584
Sure, but does the class provide incentive to actually build towards healing and healing springs in general pve? I suspect the answer is no, and that's because of how overwhelmingly powerful the other popular builds are.
>>
>>121824925

I remember joining a static group that thought they were gonna try and make it in sPvP as e-sports. They got pretty mad at me when I didn't think Gw2 nor their pro-gaming/streaming careers were gonna take off.

Why? No custom games at launch.
>>
>>121825265
Yeah but I think the ensuing confusion would be absolutely delicious. It would also help promote build diversity as people switch specs and gear to take advantage of the system. Hell some of those special snowflake builds would actually become useful, but a lot of them would go by the wayside too.

>>121825374
Yes.
>>
>>121825503
Hm, I don't like that very much. I was reading also you can only have two crafting classes available without paying extra money. I like how in XIV you can level everything on the same character.
>>
File: Gw2 2015-11-09 20-30-34-64.png (1 MB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
Gw2 2015-11-09 20-30-34-64.png
1 MB, 1364x768
>>121822779
>Not dying yourself completely purple
I really need better dyes.
>>
>>121825265
To their credit, the red circles aren't visible enough. They need to be bright orange, and extremely noticeable, like in the HoT content.

>>121825641
Also, you can have all your crafting professions maxed out on a single character, but can only have two active at once. So, to access another crafting profession you simply disable one. You'll also be hard pressed to find many mmos that let you simply change classes on the fly. That's an almost unique feature to ffxiv alone.
>>
>>121825641
You can only have two active crafting disciplines. It costs 50 copper per level (50 silver at level 500) to swap back to it. Honestly, not a big deal as long you aren't switching literally every hour or something silly.
>>
>>121825641
Well it's not unheard of to have to level multiple characters - most MMOs operate that way.

It is pretty neat to be able to use the same character for everything, but I actually like having multiple characters.

In the end it's about the same amount of grind, only difference is if you're doing all of it on one character or several.

Crafting is the same way, and I don't mind switching between characters to craft, though it does sometimes get annoying if I'm trying to build a full set of something for whatever reason and I have to character select repeatedly. Or you can just put all the professions on one character and pay the 40 silver of whatever it is to continuously activate and deactivate them as you need them.
>>
Yo, Vipers armor still glitched to not give condi duration?
>>
>>121825641
To be clear, it's two crafting disciplines per character. The paid version comes with 5 character slots, which is more than enough for all crafting disciplines.
>>
Say I was fresh as heck to this game and had a solid month to play moderately. Would it be an enjoyable experience? Could I do all the world content in time?
>>
>>121826376
That's enough to level at least 2 characters to 80, or one character and most of the content.
>>
>>121826376
What type of mmo player are? GW2 is pretty enjoyable if you take everything comfy and slow the first time.
>>
File: Lineupislittle.png (2 MB, 1763x888) Image search: [Google]
Lineupislittle.png
2 MB, 1763x888
>>121822239

Warrior, Guard, Thief, Engineer.

I have a couple of other characters, but they are banks who never get played.

>>121825265

Yeah, this very much so. The playerbase of this game has a tendency to get utterly flummoxed by fights that involve more than stack and hit it alot. Every time a new piece of content that breaks this mold even a little comes out, people bitch and cry and moan about it. Mai Trin, The Marionette, the twin mordrem under purple in SW, half the stuff in HoT, the Tarir defense fights... the list goes on and on. A large portion of this games pop can't deal with even slightly complex fights. GW2 doesn't really train players as they level up to do anything complex, not even group content.

World of Warcraft has quite alot of flaws, especially recently, but one thing you cannot fault them on is end-game raid encounter design. Much of it was very, very good and far more complex than most anything in GW2.
>>
>>121826628
>World of Warcraft has quite alot of flaws, especially recently, but one thing you cannot fault them on is end-game raid encounter design. Much of it was very, very good and far more complex than most anything in GW2.

WoW has a solid and consistent raid encounter design team. They only occasionally create and release shit fights.
>>
>>121823887
I feel like the sheer ease of dealing crits is also an issue. It's pretty effortless to get close to 50% crit chance, and that's just from raw equipment, no runes or traits. Having even just every other hit be a crit is already such a significant increase in damage and it requires almost no set up at all.
>>
>>121826993
>>121823887
What if condis could crit, or borrow a % of non-condition critical hit chance? I always felt it was a bit weird conditions couldn't crit in GW2.
>>
>>121826628
You have no idea how frustrated it is trying to help organized a TD meta kill. I'm on NA, and apparently our shitters are worst than EU whom somehow managed to get 2 successes already.

Trying to tell people to alter a few traits here and there, change out a weapon or two, avoid a few abilities to avoid burning the Breakbar was cancerous. I see Reapers generating Chills like crazy, Sword/Shield (Wut?) warriors autoattack the Chak Gerrent, Thieves spamming smokefields, etc after I typed instructions.

And let's not get started on doing simple lane mechanics or not standing in the chakk glue donut shit.
>>
>>121827303
Condition Crit, imo, should just apply multiple stacks. Condition damage is good but has a hard time ramping up their damage via stacks.
>>
>>121824639
This was never going to work with how they designed gw2. It doesn't really work at all to begin with. The game that did that best was probably dark souls and nobody rotated roles there, they just all looked after themselves and weren't shit players. Gw2's content is either piss easy to contrived and tedious so general skill level doesn't really exist or at least it exists but in a far lower state than ds because all of the durations for invulns and other numbers are completely fucking wacko.
>>
>>121822779
very generic
>>
>>121827539
That actually sounds a lot better, yeah.
>>
>>121826568
Completionist, but I'm not into PvP so it would be purely map completion and maybe crafting if its worthwhile.
>>
>>121827642
Thank you.
>>
>>121827539
Conceptually, I find the idea of conditions critting kinda weird. Like, 'Oh no, this particular tick of burning was especially hot." But that right there is a good idea. Having it so you can critically apply conditions, and have it apply to either duration or intensity could make things rather interesting.
>>
>>121826992

Yeah. GW2 has a fun combat system, but not one that lends itself to giant raid boss battles. What it instead does well is what they made pretty much every HoT zone- these huge, complex chain event things. If I were going to make a serious attempt at a raid, I'd probably design it to be a WvW style encounter, say, besieging a castle, except with many more things then actual WvW going on, and have it against NPC's.

For example... you have to destroy a fortress for reasons. You need to split up into 4 teams- team 1 breaks through a grating into a gully, to swim up to a well inside the courtyard. Team 2 has to build siege weapons to knock out siege enemy siege on the battlements. Team 3 has to push a battering ram to a gateway. Team 4 has to skirmish to prevent enemy counter charges from getting to the siege teams. Once the battering ram gets there, battering ram team has to defend it, skirmish team defends them from flanks, back siege team brings up ladders. Outer walls have never ending spawns of enemies, but as long as players are on it, the courtyard won't be attacked, so team 1 can come out. If team 1 comes out before this, they all get killed really fast. Team 1 opens the gate, then help the battering ram get to the main door, while skirmish screen guys have to turn around and fight off an army attacking from behind. After the main gates go down, you then have a team that has to kill the lord of the keep while everyone else holds off massive waves of enemies.

Everyone gets loot for stuff that provides loot without tagging, aim it at 40-50 total players.

That is the kind of shit GW2's engine does well, not static raid boss fights.
>>
File: file.png (34 KB, 1209x280) Image search: [Google]
file.png
34 KB, 1209x280
>>
>>121827789
Crafting (weapons) is pretty nice since ascended weapon numbers matter a bit more for min/max'ing. However, exotics honestly aren't that far behind it, so don't worry too much for your first few months.

GW2 has a lot of completion to do so you'll enjoy at least completing every zone the first time. We also have a fuck ton of item collecting and achievements (if you care) to do.
>>
>>121827938
Please don't remind me that ArenaNet is actively trying to kill my favorite mode (WvW) every patch.
>>
>>121827986
To this day, I have no idea how the term "toons" even caught on. I know it started with WoW, but how the fuck do you go from "character" to "toon"? "char" is the same amount of key presses and makes more sense.
>>
>>121827524

Oh I can imagine- I used to be an office in a meta guild in vanilla WoW that was just an alliance made up of 10 or so small guilds that wanted to do raiding. Herding cats man, herding cats.

I'm on NA too and I haven't yet seen a successful TD meta- got the 20 minute kill on DS though, which made me happy. And a couple of full T4 VB's.

Most of the time all I see in TD is people running around very confused and getting murdered by Chak.
>>
Edarkness is such a badass, i wana suck his cock too bad he hates fags
>>
>>121828136
What I don't understand is why people get their panties in such a twist over it.
>>
>>121827917
>>121827539
>>121827303
I don't know why you guys are talking like there needs to be another systemic change to condi. There are condi builds that are good and meta. It's an individual class problem now, not systemic.
>>
Is GW2 always f2p and you just pay some extra for upgrading content and the p2w store? Or is there a subscription at some point?
>>
>>121828370
Only two classes can really pull off condition
>>
>>121828371
There is no subscription fee of any sort and never has been.
>>
>>121828371
It's f2p unless you want HoT content or cosmetics from the gem store.
>>
>>121828456
Which means it's doable with the current condition system. The classes need changing, not the entire condi system.
>>
What do you think there is inside a femsura?
>>
>>121828229
TD just has too strict of a timer for the lanes' mechanics and the Chak Gerrents' health bar for how braindead out fellow playerbase is.
>>
>>121828229
What is T4 VB good for?
>>
>>121828637
Hm interesting. If I like it I can still play ffxiv and just pay for gw2 upgrades
>>
>>121828456
Engi
Ranger
burn guard
necro
>>
>>121828776
Bladed coat boxes
>>
File: 1446957793313.jpg (1 MB, 886x1300) Image search: [Google]
1446957793313.jpg
1 MB, 886x1300
>>121828706
Standard anatomy albeit with modifications for size and diet?

What the hell else would there be?
>>
>>121828935
Maybe they are made of candy and hamburgers
>>
>>121828778
GW2 is very drop and pick up again later friendly. Exotic (the 2nd best tier of gear) is very obtainable within a month or two of play and is only 5% worst than Ascended, which takes far longer. No itemlevel climbing like FFXIV or most MMOs. You'll just have to learn the mechanics of new group encounters whenever you return.
>>
File: FHD (2).jpg (189 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FHD (2).jpg
189 KB, 1920x1080
>>121825893
Post some more of your character
>>
File: lineupnov.jpg (2 MB, 1920x3108) Image search: [Google]
lineupnov.jpg
2 MB, 1920x3108
>>121822239
picked out a few of my favorites
>>
>>121828687
Can't you still use in game money to buy gems?
>>
>>121829302
how are you ever going to find waifus for all those characters
>>
File: trahearne.jpg (53 KB, 423x310) Image search: [Google]
trahearne.jpg
53 KB, 423x310
>>
>>121829302
>6 necromancers

I see someone plays favorites
>>
File: 1444110195735.png (41 KB, 254x172) Image search: [Google]
1444110195735.png
41 KB, 254x172
>>121829512
>>
>>121829492
Yes, but the exchange rate is about 8-10 gems per gold spent I think?
>>
>>121829512
>>121829580
you should see his whole lineup he has like 20 characters and 10 are necros
>>
>>121829302
I still love cyborgvari.
>>
File: Gw2 2015-11-09 21-15-26-63.png (2 MB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
Gw2 2015-11-09 21-15-26-63.png
2 MB, 1364x768
>>121829082
Sure, in all her 768p glory.

>>121829742
What for, though? Using them as banks, a-build-per-character, RP, or another reason?
>>
Why did Anet had to break guild missions
>>
FUCKING ASSNET REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>121830024
T O A S T E R
O
A
S
T
ER
>>
>>121830024
She's qt, you did well

>>121830072
Do you have to stay in the map and wait for the timer to run out in order to get your rewards? We ran into the same issue last week
>>
File: Gw2-64 2015-11-09 21-13-42-06_1.jpg (494 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Gw2-64 2015-11-09 21-13-42-06_1.jpg
494 KB, 1920x1080
>>121830072
>tfw you skip your turn and it works
>>
File: Gw2 2015-11-09 21-22-17-49.png (1 MB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
Gw2 2015-11-09 21-22-17-49.png
1 MB, 1364x768
>>121830138
Why would you want to toast her? Sounds like a gross fetish.
>>
>>121830203
What is even going on here?
>>
>>121825234
was about to shitpost for having only females but then i read the filename and keked lowdly
>>
Is condizerker worth playing? I'm getting tired of using my greatsword.
>>
>>121830474
too many dogs going through the gate gives credit to no one
>>
File: gw757.jpg (540 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gw757.jpg
540 KB, 1920x1080
>>121829742
.... only 9 are necro!

>>121830024
some are banks, most are for ERP reasons.. necro is my main class I suppose, I like being able to play it on any race so I don't get bored of the same animations or sounds all the time

endgame is dressup for me too, so I eventually want all my characters to have their own gear
>>
>>121828136
I know EVE players use it almost all the time, since back in the day of character creation you only had a small profile picture.
>>
>>121830804
anet pls
>>
>>121830835
How many map completions?
>>
>>121830835
You better not buy any more character slots dros or so help me i will beat you up with my dick.
>>
File: B2B-Boring.jpg (45 KB, 604x442) Image search: [Google]
B2B-Boring.jpg
45 KB, 604x442
>final fight against mordremoth
>game tells me to either fly into the air or get behind a shield
>get under brahams shield
>die
>>
>>121830983
I've done 3 so far, nearing 4 and 5 on 2 other characters, the rest sit around 10-30% unfortunatly
>>
>>121828136
>>121830856
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/77192/what-is-the-source-for-calling-your-characters-toons
>>
>>121830835
That's pretty damn impressive, actually! I'm an RP enthusiast and I don't think I could level multiple instances of the same character.

>>121831085
Posts like these make me realise how much of a casual I am. I only did map completion 1 and felt like that was enough to last me a lifetime.
>>
>>121831085
My autism hurts so much reading that.
>>
>>121827917
>>121827539
Ana lternative would be to increase the effectiveness of glancing blows (maybe even make weakness prevent ALL critical hits completely) as well as armor and defenses, because the great thing about Condis is that they circumvent defenses entirely
>>
>>121831178
Doing map completion many times over has more of a point now with elite specs.
>>
>>121831518
Collecting 22 hero points in the new areas is only about two hours of work. No need to do any serious completion.
>>
>>121831518
How so? It's definitely not for the hero points, since I managed to unlock herald before I reached DS. It was especially easy on my revenant because I looked up the soloable HPs.

Far as I know, you don't need map completion on anything other than a HoT map for the special snowflake weapon, either.
>>
>>121830072
And FUN pretends they aren't a furry guild.

Seriously, a whole ass to mouth chain of wolves is fucked up guys
>>
>>121831875
>>121831965
"More of a point" doesn't mean "necessary." It used to be all you needed was a waypoint in maps that had a dungeon in them (ignoring the brief period of insanity where some traits were locked behind cleaning zones).
>>
File: question.jpg (19 KB, 296x320) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
19 KB, 296x320
Running Zerker Ele currently in PvE/Fractals and want to add a bit of survivability.
What are good stat-combos and what slots should I wear them in?
>>
>>121832857
you should consider adding git gud you fucking shitter
>>
>>121832857
gitgut in every slot
>>
>>121832857
valkyrie as needed
>>
ASSNET PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
#EDARKFORGOD
>>
>all this EU shitposting
>>
>T1-2 servers are "full"
Fucking Anet. I don't want to join some dead server.
>>
>>121832857
2 cele rings or earings. Elementalists benefit from every stat on celestial items. Dont take something adding pure toughness because you may grab aggro and you're a shitter.
>>
For a solo player Druid, is it worth going anything but Berserker?
I've looked at playing it as a Cleric Healer or CD character, but both of them just feel like they would be lackluster outside of raids or high level fractals.
>>
Do people parse in GW2? How are the developers relating to this?
>>
Newfag here. What's the cheapest way for me to get an exotic Zerker back? Should I craft the weaponsmith backpack?
>>
so assuming you already got a PS warrior, are condi warriors/zerkers good DPS?
or do you guys think raids will need 2 PS warriors one for each group? wondering if I should bother with a viper's set at all.
>>
How do fractal rewards work in HoT? I need to farm relics up.
>>
>>121834149
Any exotic backpack will do, but they only go to 78.

Running fractals can occasionally find you one. Run 'em enough and you can just buy the prototype, which I think counts as Ascended.
>>
>>121824598
>you guys didnt think this through did you, what happens when you cant invite anyone anymore, gonna kick some peoples friends? or all of the 460 members that didn't accept an invite yet?

>map chat invites
>ask for guild hall donations
>kick everyone
>map chat invites
>ask for guild hall donations
>kick everyone
>repeat ad infinitum
>>
File: gw576.jpg (656 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gw576.jpg
656 KB, 1920x1080
>>121827524
>>121828229
One of the hardest parts about the event is setting it up. It's a fucking mess to get a large amount of people into the same map and I seriously can't understand why anet didn't implement a way for large communities to ensure they all end up on the same server. The megaserver system does not work at all here.

The lanes are somewhat simple but you still have to pull your fingers out of your ass if you want to get shit done because the timers are very strict and punishing towards players that just want to AFK in the back while letting others do the work. On the other hand you can't really blame people for AFKing due to the way that the first three HOT maps are structured. You spend 20 minutes completing the first set of events and then wait an hour for the main meta event to spawn. This system fucking sucks and I hope they'll do something about it.

But the truly worst part about the TD chain is the rewards (or rather the lack of them)
For all your efforts you basically get fucking nothing, a trend that unfortunately is quite common in HOT.
>>
>>121834061
When the whole point of healing is utilizing healing power, at least get some healing power in your build somewhere. It doesn't have to be the primary stat.

Also, if you buff up your healing power enough, I think the Nature Magic line has a "Healing -> Power" trait in the first or second tier.
>>
>>121834149
The cheapest crafting backpack (last I checked) is the jeweler one. They're all level 78, but their stats are equivalent to what a level 83 backpack would be. With rare level 65 upgraded jewels, the stats are 1-2 points under ascended.
>>
>>121834618
Just made a weaponsmith backpack because I had all of the mats.
>>
What happens to the mordrem guard sylvari now that Mordremoth is dead? I hope we get to see that in the next living story episode.
Do they 'wake up' and become themselves again, and regret killing all the people that they did?
Do they stay loyal to Mordremoth's will, even though he's gone?
Do they die?
>>
>>121835379
What happened to the Risen after Zhaitan's death? Literally nothing.
>>
>>121834310
It starts as exotic and is upgraded to ascended.
>>
Is lightning hammer still worth a damn, or are ALL the conjured non-elite weapons now shit?
>>
>>121834149
definitely get a crafted backpack. it has the added bonus of having an agony slot
>>
>>121834548

Won't I, with a Healing Build, have problem getting contribution in the world events?
>>
>>121835427
In the epilogue, it was said that the undead lingered, but wandered around aimlessly like stereotypical zombies rather than having Zhaitan directing them.
>>
File: thornslineup.png (3 MB, 2465x720) Image search: [Google]
thornslineup.png
3 MB, 2465x720
>>121822239
>>
>>121835601
But I thought Elder Dragons are mindless forces of nature that "just do" without any sort of planning themselves.
>>
DORF DORF /VG/ GUILD
>>
>>121835458
4 gives quick vulnerability and auto chain blinds. Use skill 4 and dump weapon.
>>
File: dorf.jpg (17 KB, 282x82) Image search: [Google]
dorf.jpg
17 KB, 282x82
>>121835804
THE /VG/EST
>>
>>121835750
Zhaitan's minions could speak and plot, and all of them were an extension of him. He was the one who sent undead in droves to attack certain areas, he was the one who brought up those huge bone-ships to attack the shores, and so on. Even though he never really spoke to us directly, he definitely had a mind for sure.
>>
>DORF in charge of not shitposting
>>
>>121835379
>Do they stay loyal to Mordremoth's will, even though he's gone?
That actually sounds pretty neat. Mordremoth loyalists who believe he was necessary and continue to enact his will post mortem. Would be a good way to bullshit their way out of it.

>>121835750
None of them are mindless, the comparison to the forces of natures were just their inevitability, cyclical nature and raw, unstoppable power and inability to "understand" them. Mordremoth clearly isn't mindless, Zhaitan showed predatory intelligence by knowing where to hit hardest, sent out Risen spies to scout things out, his Risen had fleets of bone ships, and so on.
>>
Does Anet ban for the molten boss exploit? It's not like I can even fucking run that fractal with the LFG tool without it since everyone does it.
>>
>>121836185
>>121836205
I don't know, I remember reading somewhere they have no intelligence, and rely on intelligent minions to be their generals. Then again this has become void with Mordremoth anyway.
>>
Some useful stuff was posted today

Meta event timer - http://gw2.ninja/timer

Equipment Stat Spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xXxJl1yTzgVeeLtOdPpBk9nWyXmyhvJ1hGcEtnQ1H34/edit?pli=1#gid=1104176279
>>
>>121835750
Nobody ever said they were "mindless," they're just forces of nature.

Mordremoth and Glint and various corrupted lieutenants, commanders, minions, etc are proof that they aren't mindless.
>>
>>121836445
Farming something over and over is not an exploit
>>
>>121837072
Skipping half the fractal is though.
>>
>>121836823
That's a pretty cool idea, I wish they stuck with that.
>>
How do you guys look for guilds?
I'm interested in a hardcore "elitist" PVX guild that has their shit together for raids and ranked season. Even if its just a tight knit group of friends, long as there isn't any fucking emote spam.

watdo
>>
>>121837181
You mean skipping past the champion effigy? That's classified as an exploit, but I seriously doubt that they'd do anything, even if they caught you do it. Of course you never know since it actually can be used to generate loot, but I wouldn't really be concerned if I were you.
>>
>>121837276
You put up with emote spam because only those faggots are autistic enough to play this game all day.
>>
>>121835379
You can come across a uncorrupted mordrem guard at some point in the living story, if you know where to look. He's dying, but it gives some insight. His mind is free, but his form is still the same, much like the undead chicken in Arah/Orr.
>>
>>121837276
It says something about the state of this general where the femsura erp guild is the only one that fits that description.
>>
>>121837431
I used to do those CoE runs where you'd break out of maps to complete the all three paths in like 15-20 minutes, and no one I know who has done that has ever been banned. They tend to just quietly fix that sort of stuff more than anything else.
>>
>>121837548
How much femsura erp is required to get on their raid team?
>>
>>121837276
DORF, message Edarkness
>>
>>121837276
whisper Comprissent for an invite ;)
>>
>>121837548
I really want to know how much of this is a meme, because I'd love nothing more than to down a raid boss and reward my guild's personal Minstrel femsura Fluid Druid for their performance.
>>
how many active players does GW2 have?
>>
What classes are viable with condition build in pve? Do they stack up well against berserkers?
>>
>>121837212
It'd give Sylvari a lot more meaning. Intelligent minions that learn about the world, its inhabitants, about warfare, then use that knowledge to lead Mordremoth's army. Much better than the other dragons that just are hostile to everyone from the start.
I actually thought Trahearne was being set up just for that. The free world's army's leader turning into Mordremoth's grand general.
>>
>>121838107
Condi and Engi
Nothing else
necro in a hybrid build.
Viper and Marauders will probably be the new Zerkers in higher Fractals content
>>
>>121838107
Engineer and Ranger are best played as condi now. Nothing much else.
>>
>>121838235
>>121838107

Sorry, mean "Ranger and Engi"
>>
>>121837675
>They tend to just quietly fix that sort of stuff more than anything else.
They used to back when they still had people working on dungeons.
They haven't fixed most of the major skips and exploits in more than two years.
>>
DORF THE NUMBE R1 /NA/ VG GUILD
>>
>>121838491
That's fitting cause they haven't fixed most of the major exploits and bugs in more than forever :D:D:DDD
>>
>>121837985
>>
Which server should I start on? I know it doesn't matter for guilds, but the WvW sounds kind of cool I think.
>>
Did you know the femsura have a second underwear skin? Is it used in the game at all?
>>
File: FHD (48).jpg (246 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FHD (48).jpg
246 KB, 1920x1080
>>121838569
Does DORF have angel FHDs?
>>
>>121838961
Maybe for shadows?
>>
>>121838959
You could start on the server, "Maguuma" It's a great server, strong in WvW and we are always looking for more people. The guild I run actually does some WvW when we get a chance too. We have about 15 people on there so it all works out in the end.

-Edarkness
>>
>>121839152
Something like a specular map? I don't know. These are the textures, and they don't look very similar
>>
>>121837821
kek
>>
>>121838569
>>121835804
>>121833640
>posts like this
>suddenly
>>121839356

Gee, I wonder who is shitposting tonight
>>
>>121839356
Ok. Does the race matter for what class you pick? I was thinking of femsilvari thief. Is that bad?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 134

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.