[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The dream Super Smash Brothers roster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Smash Bros Dream Roster.jpg (3 MB, 7099x3296) Image search: [Google]
Smash Bros Dream Roster.jpg
3 MB, 7099x3296
I feel like discussing what our dream Smash roster would be, so I've made this mock up roster of what I think would satisfy the most people. Purely in terms of character lineup. It doesn't take into account the unrealistic-ness of certain characters. Nor does it take into account that there's no way that we'd get about 30 newcomers in one new game.

Anyway here's how the roster works; There are 90 characters total, 92 if you count the Miis and Master Hand, with another 12 characters planned as DLC, once the DLC characters are all out there would be fucking 104 total characters, or 106 if you count the Miis and Master Hand! So totally unrealistic. But it would be great.

Now as for the characters themselves, I still limited it to video game characters, with the exception of Shrek, who for all intents and purposes a massive joke character who doesn't fit in the game at all, but honestly guys, could you even be mad if they actually put fucking Shrek in the game? Nintendo characters where the main focus, primarily iconic Nintendo characters who you'd kind of expect to be in a massive crossover game like Smash.

Lastly I want to talk about the three "special" slots at the bottom. The ? is obviously random, and the Miis work much in the same way they did in Smash 4, however now you will also notice Master Hand is there. Master Hand would be, a totally OP character who's only there for fun. He would absolutely be banned on most online modes and in tournaments, however he's there if; A) you want an extra challenge fighting against an OP character B) you want to feel like a god wrecking shit. or C) You could have a younger sibling or friend who is shit at the game and you let them play as Master Hand so you don't keep beating their ass. So essentially Master hand is a player controlled Boss.

So, my question for you, v, is what would you think about this roster? and what characters would you like to see in the 12 future DLC spots? Was there any big characters I missed?
>>
Oh and here’s a quick breakdown of the characters:

Veterans:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Rosalina and Luma, Wario, Doctor Mario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Link, Zelda Ganondorf, Sheik, Toon Link, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Villager, Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Mewtwo, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivesaur, Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Captain Falcon, Marth, Ike, Roy, Lucina, Robin, Corin, Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Ness, Lucas, Little Mac, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Dunk Hunt Duo, ROB, Mr Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Sonic, Pac Man, Mega Man, Ryu, Bayonetta, Snake, Cloud
So basically I think all the veterans are there aside from Pokemon Trainer (for obvious reasons) Young Link who has been pretty much replaced with Toon Link from Brawl onwards, and Pichu because who gives a fuck about Pichu.

Newcomers:
Waluigi, Captain Toad (with a Toadette pallet swap), Dixie Kong, King K Rool, Impa, Midna, Skull Kid, Tingle (somewhat of a joke character), Ridley, Space Pirate, Tom Nook, Sceptile, Gengar, Whatever the final evolution of Litten from Gen 7 will be, Waddledee, Ninten, Masketta Man, Peppy, Krystal, Captain N (100% joke character), Issac, Inkling (can be male or female), Banjo & Kazooie, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Bomberman, Rayman, Crash, Spyro, and the biggest joke character of all, Shrek.

The bottom 15 are all third party characters and there’s even a little Playstation section!
>>
>>338301326
For me personally it's too many pokemons and too many fire emblem characters.
I would like to see some more kongs in there. maybe lanky or cranky. Also Conkers is missing. Otherwise that roster is fucking aces.
>>
>>338302192
There are as many Pokemon as there are Mario Characters which I guess makes sense because they are the two biggest Nintendo franchises. Maybe there doesn't need to be Litten's evolution. I've also always thought there where too many Fire Emblem characters in Smash 4, however that was mostly due to the lack of characters I personally deemed more important. Such as Zelda characters, Metroid characters and Donkey Kong Characters. But with a roster this size I don't think 6 Fire Emblem characters is too bad. And they are just the same ones from the last game.

Conker would be awesome, as would another Kong, maybe Cranky Kong.
>>
Ashley
>>
>>338302741
That's another great choice. Man I should start adding these suggestions in the DLC character slots.
>>
File: muhdonutsteelz.png (687 KB, 1900x844) Image search: [Google]
muhdonutsteelz.png
687 KB, 1900x844
>autism the thread
OP, did you came from GameFAQS or something?
>>
>>338303220
Good thing literally none of those characters are on this mock up roster.
>>
>>338303597
there are like two goombas on their and Shrek
>>
>>338303698
Mayyyybe you could argue the Space Pirate is a bit of a "goomba" character. But who's the other? Also Shreks there's as a joke m8. Don't worry this isn't the actual roster
>>
File: Smash Bros Dream Roster DLC.jpg (3 MB, 7099x3296) Image search: [Google]
Smash Bros Dream Roster DLC.jpg
3 MB, 7099x3296
added three DLC characters. suggest more
>>
File: kihunters.png (320 KB, 638x343) Image search: [Google]
kihunters.png
320 KB, 638x343
>>338304001
>Mayyyybe you could argue the Space Pirate is a bit of a "goomba" character.
literally even in Smash Run, they're just like koopa troopas.

you know what's a Space Pirate is right? it ain't just zebesians.

>But who's the other?
Waddle Dee

>Don't worry this isn't the actual roster
oh so you aren't one of those serious rosterfags? never mind then. have fun in your thread OP.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.