[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just finished pic related; that was honestly the biggest pile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: Uncharted_Drake's_Fortune.jpg (62 KB, 258x324) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted_Drake's_Fortune.jpg
62 KB, 258x324
just finished pic related; that was honestly the biggest pile of shit that i've played in a LONG time, from start to finish. i thought these games were good? this was like a terribly-designed bastard child of gears of war and prince of persia, with the worst of both and best of neither. i am honestly amazed that this apparently garnered 9's and 10's on release. are graphics/presentation all that it takes to get great reviews?
>>
bumping; legitimately curious how this got three sequels
>>
>>338297185

Welcome to 2007.

An era where would-be writers decided it would be easy to review video games. So instead of giving a shit about the game they praise the graphics, story and crazy setpieces.

Uncahrted has -always- been a subpar gameplay experience. It's only redeeming qualities are the production values. It's casual as fuck, which is why it has mass appeal and got 9's across the board.

A lot of early PS3 games especially still have 9's on metacritic. Heavenly Sword is sitting at an 8 or 9, and I genuinely believe it's a 4.
>>
>>338297185
It was the PS3 Graphics poster game when it came out. That and Jetski level were what got it such good reviews. Its like the original half life, shit game by todays standards.
>>
So much shitposting about uncharted recently

Wew
>>
I remember being hyped for this game before it came out. I would watch all the videos of it on gametrailers and IGN (This was 2006-7 when I was 17-18).
I was under the impression that it would be an action-adventure game with different levels and exploration and such.
When I finally played it a while later I found myself enjoying it on a basic level, but there came a point where I had to force myself to finish it. I was not really expecting it to be a game where you shoot wave of enemies with cutscenes and walking exposition to fill in most of the scenery change.

I was not too interested in picking up the sequels after the first one.
>>
>>338297185
I enjoyed it very much at the time. I felt it lived up to Gears (but I'd only played like 5 hours at a friends place) and the Indiana Jones-y feel was really appealing. shame about the zombies though
>>
>>338297185
Why did you finish a game that you didn't like?
>>
>>338297468
There are no crazy set pieces in Uncharted 1
>>
>>338297185
I like the uncharted series but drakes fortune is pretty bad so don't let it scare you from 2 or 3 because those are a lot better. Drakes fortune just has too many issues keeping it from being a good game.
>>
>>338297787
Because it`s short and easy? Its not like he spent 300 hours on it.
>>
>>338297468
>Heavenly Sword is sitting at an 8 or 9,

bullshit

game got 7s
>>
>>338297185
It was OK for a 2007 game, but it has aged pretty badly.
>>
>>338297779
Who the hell decided to add zombies? Still confused about that.
>>
>>338297556
The /v/ epic ruseman squad is on full alert.
There are many red baboon bottoms very mad that Uncharted 4 is a good game and they won't stop shitposting until the whole world realises they are only having fake fun
>>
The sequels are better. I've tried this recently in the Collection and it's horrible. I remember it being better at the time. The gameplay is absolute trash though, in 1 at least. I hope 2 and 3 are better. I might just sell it though.
>>
>>338297917
So? He still wasted time playing a game he didn't like.
>>
>>338298193
>Yfw UC1 had better sounding gunshots and were replaced in uc2-3 with pussified versions
>>
>>338297676
I've played 1-3. I don't really have any interest in 4 because 3 raped any sense of wanting to play the series ever again.

1 was alright, but 2 was a significant improvement and remains a fairly enjoyable experience, despite there being way too many enemies that take way too much damage (7+ shots to kill people).

It's hard not to compare it to Indiana Jones, but it's so much fucking worse and over the top.

In Indiana Jones the "puzzles" aren't something you need super human climbining and jumping ability to do. Literally anyone could use the staff , or get through the trials to reach the grail, because it was about your interpretation of the clues not being able to climb like a fucking monkey.

The puzzles in Uncharted can -only- be done by someone like Drake, or with a fucking battalion or people with a shitload of scaffolding, and that makes it stupid.

Uncharted doesn't even have a good enough story since it's really unfocused. A movie has ~2 hours to introduce the characters, develop them, and tell a complete story. Uncharted has like 6-8 hours and it's largely filled with fluff.

Uncharted 4 looks like it improved the combat with being able to shake enemies and get back into hiding and improve the melee so you're not just hiding behind a wall until you kill 60 guys, but the story looks even fucking worse.

>muh long lost brother who taught me everything I know
Is literally fanfiction tier writing.
>>
I got a PS3 around the time the first slim came out for Demon's Souls and picked this up as well since I heard great things. Like a few other anons said, the graphics at the time I played were slightly dated but still looked good but the actual gameplay was dull and the platforming/puzzles were mediocre. I had to force myself to finish it and the ending was some QTE on a boat(?), which was lame as fuck. The story wasn't all that great either. Maybe it gets better in the later ones but my interest was lost after that. I almost bought into the hype for 4 but then remembered how shitty 1 was. Doom was a much better choice since I'm more of a gameplay over presentation type of player.
>>
>>338297185
I thought the game was BS too. Nothing but frustration and aggravation, the only interesting thing was near the end when zombies or some shit came around. The final "boss" was pure trash as well. I bought 1 and 2 in a bundle with a controller and never even bothered to play 2
>>
Uncharted 2-4 are much better than Uncharted 1.
>>
>>338297801
>There are no crazy set pieces in Uncharted 1

You're jumping out of planes, ruins are crashing down all around you at points, the jetski segments, etc.

Sure, it's not on the same level as Uncharted 2 or 3, but they're present, maybe in an infant stage, since Uncharted 2 cranked it to like a 10 of the over the top scale.

>>338298089
Indiana Jones always had some super natural element. Uncharted obviously borrowed it a bit with the Golden Man turning people into monsters (somehow) and the sap of the tree of life turning people into invincible killing machines, but actually toned it way down after 2.
>>
>>338297556
not shitposting; from start to finish this was a super-clunky, poorly designed/thought-out experience

-cover doesn't work for shit; moving between cover pieces is slow and iffy, often gets you killed
-what cover is there is half-thought-through; a lot of encounters in the game start throwing enemies at you from BEHIND YOU with no warning whatsoever
-puzzles are fucking retarded (the snake needs to point to the left hur dur, turn the anchor upside down)
-vehicle sections are awful; jeep section makes it fucking impossible to aim except within a 20 degree swath of wherever the game's pointing you, jetski sections are gently tap x to move forward five feet and shoot inexplicable floating red barrels/instadeath grenade launcher dudes instead of anything remotely fast or fun
-managing weapons/ammo clunky; don't auto-pickup ammo, accidentally switching weapons during combat FREQUENTLY
-hand-to-hand system might as well not exist
-AI breaks frequently, and since combat music isn't tied to killing everyone in an area, you'll clear out a section only to find three dudes waiting around a corner that haven't moved since spawning
-environmental tells and highlights are HORRIBLE; climbable chains the same color as the brickwork, little mash-triangle crank thing that i just thought was broken until i noticed the colorless pile of gunpowder against the colorless wall hidden beneath an awning
-qtes with no warning, instant death (the very first one, the pallet of rocks falling on you, happens like a third through the goddamn game)
-TERRIBLE "final boss"; instantly kills you if he just feels like shooting you, your cover deteriorates, very limited ammo, stupid roll-from-crate-to-crate qte ending

>>338297787
bought the collection on ps4, hoped it'd become decent

>>338297915
i'll start 2 in a bit, i've heard that's the best one
>>
File: CfxCTKUUYAABwYy.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
CfxCTKUUYAABwYy.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>Shoot someone in the head
>He does the same stumble animation and resumes shooting shortly later
>>
I haven't played it in years but from what i remember it seems like the kind of game that would age pretty badly.
In 2007 though as the first game I was playing on my new PS3 I liked it though.
>>
In conclusion, this game is a pile of SJW-branded, millenial-marketed bullshit that should have never existed in the first place. Seriously, I want to see all the fans, developers, and reviews that thoughts this crap was worthy of "GAEM OF TEH YEAR OLOLOLOLOLOL" to be burnt and raped to death on live TV.
>>
>>338298776
I don't remember Uncharted 1 winning any awards.
>>
>>338298379
1 pissed me off so much. Your health takes too long to regenerate and enemies are such bullet sponges. What you can and can't climb is also bullshit.
>>
Was literally playing this game for the 1st time today and thinking it was pretty shitty, glad I'm not alone, 2,3 and 4 are all much better right? cause this game feels like a 6/10 to me
>>
2 >>> 4 >>>>>> 3

Haven't finished 1 and I can't remember Golden Abyss.
>>
>>338298612
2 is the "best" but don't expect any fundamental changes.

theres less bullshit like enemies won't come from behind you (that really pissed me off about Uncharted), but there is more of everything.

>more shitty climbing
>more shitty puzzles
>a -lot- more combat

I don't think theres a section as atrocious as the jetski segment, and the final battle isn't a QTE (but consists of you running around a circular arena while shooting backwards) but a lot of the shooting segments are incredibly frustrating with the seemingly endless streams of enemies.
>>
File: FO.gif (967 KB, 400x261) Image search: [Google]
FO.gif
967 KB, 400x261
>>338298776
>uc1
>SJW-branded
>>
It really is pretty bad, multiplayer aside, the only one I would actually say it's ok is the 3rd one and I have no idea how it managed to get that many sequels.

A friend that I share PSN account with said that thr 4th one finally has great gameplay and that it's actually a fun game instead of graphical showcase, but I haven't given enough fucks to play it yet, only downloaded it and let it sit there.
>>
>>338298617
On normal difficulty headshots are instant kills unless they are protected.
>>
>>338298583
Depends where you draw the line at set piece, isn't jumping out of a plane a cutscene anyway?

That part with the collapsing scaffolding is the only real set piece I can think of in Uncharted 1, the vehicle sections and stuff are just gimmicks thrown in for variety loads of games do stuff like that
>>
>>338298617
>>338299292
Too bad every single gun is an inaccurate piece of shit.

Hope you enjoy only having the shittiest AK in any video game ever.

I don't know why Uncharted doesn't give you the fun guns. It's clearly designed to be casual garbage, so at least give me the grenade launcher, the revolver, or the sniper more frequently.

It also heavily suffers from "Shotgun syndrome" in which shotguns are worthless if the dude you're shooting at is >5ft in front of you
>>
>>338299003
4 has the best gameplay but you spend far too long climbing and not shooting.
3 has the best set pieces but it's short and the story makes no fucking sense, plus gimmick 'playable' cutscenes like running around a syrian market while drugged.
2 is the best in terms of story, characters and pacing but the gameplay isn't perfect.
>>
>>338297185
all uncharted games are visually good looking, like playing a movie, ok plots appealing characters, but as games they are mediocre
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 384x313
It didn't get 9s and 10s. It was a solid 8 and its man shortcomings were acknowledged across the board. Uncharted 2 was the one that got all the praise, and deservedly so.

Fuck off, OP.
>>
>>338299152
4 is ok. I would wait for a price drop though. A thiefs end is just so slow half the time though.
>>
>>338298776
>straight white handsome man kills hundreds of brown people and gets the helpless lady
I very much doubt Uncharted 1 would get the SJW stamp of approval
>>
>>338299541
git gud
>>
>>338297468

Heavenly Sword got shat on, are you joking? The majority of reviewers said pretty much the same thing, that it was a pretty looking but bland as hell game with no replay value.

>>338297556

Always happens when the new Uncharted game scores well, /v/ has a hissy fit. I'm almost glad that there won't be any more Uncharted game just because I'm bored of reading the same "i..it's bland and generic" comments from people who keep thinking they're making original comments.
>>
>>338297185
It's from 2007, and it was basically a tech demo to show off the PS3's capablities. If you were playing the original version you'd see this with all the motion controls and shit. (not sure if they did that in the remaster) People ended up liking it and it got sequels. It's kinda like >>338297513 said, it was amazing at the time but for today it's nothing you haven't seen, just like HL.

The sequels got to fix things because they finally got to break free of having to shove in stuff for a quota and they could work on their own ideas.
>>
File: PCuck-11.jpg (485 KB, 1080x1056) Image search: [Google]
PCuck-11.jpg
485 KB, 1080x1056
>>338297185
Sonybros you have to believe me. I have been a fan of PlayStation since the first one, and I have played every unchared game, including those on PS2. I am also a reviewer who got an early copy of Uncharted 4. As I have already beaten the full game, I can tell you it's absolute trash. Don't buy it, the other critics are paid off by Sony. Try better video games on the PC like Undertale or Stardew Valley.
>>
>>338299683

>It didn't get 9s and 10s. It was a solid 8

No, it got more 9's than 8's, but only 2 10's.
>>
>>338300224
>you'd see this with all the motion controls and shit. (not sure if they did that in the remaster)

http://uncharted.wikia.com/wiki/Uncharted:_The_Nathan_Drake_Collection

>Sixaxis motion controls have been removed.
>>
>>338300294
My sides
>>
>>338299003
A 6/10 isn't "shitty" you dummy
>>
>>338300721
Interesting. Although I thought it was okay for grenade ranges.
>>
File: 1376886753244.png (116 KB, 303x350) Image search: [Google]
1376886753244.png
116 KB, 303x350
Name one Sony IP that didn't get good until the second game.
>>
File: 1463500500687.png (25 KB, 802x704) Image search: [Google]
1463500500687.png
25 KB, 802x704
>>338300979
>>
>>338298379

You are doing yourself a disservice by not playing UC2. The Buddhist setting alone was amazing. Playing through 3 right now and its more of the same which is a good thing. Then again i play these games high out of my mind so they look amazing to me
>>
>>338297185
I liked Uncharted 1 the most out of all of them.

It felt the least pretentious and I like the jungle graphics.

What now?
>>
>>338299683
Ign gave the 1st game goty though which makes no sense. So either fuck else came out that year or their high
>>
>>338301116
Jak and Daxter
>>
I was sitting bricks when you woke up in Tibet and the subtitles didn't translate shit.

Good thing I understand Tibetan. Probably the one time it helped me desu.
>>
>>338298583
>jumping out of planes
In cutscenes
>ruins are crashing down all around you at points
There's only a couple of these Crash segments while running at the camera
>the jetski segments
Hardly crazy, that segment is so slow and breaks the pacing.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.