[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So did this ever save the RPG genre?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: setsuna.jpg (45 KB, 600x752) Image search: [Google]
setsuna.jpg
45 KB, 600x752
So did this ever save the RPG genre?
>>
Dead on arrival.
>>
File: xabsf.jpg (886 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
xabsf.jpg
886 KB, 800x800
It can't be saved. The conditions are:

>Toriyama stops being a nostalgiashit living on DBZ
>Mitsuda feels like composing an entire rpg album
>Uematsu comes out of retirement to help him
>The EP and Lead Writer from Monolithsoft stop making Xenoweebshit and channel their storytelling prowess into Mitsuda's art.
>The DQ director realizes DQ is shit and CT was the only good thing he ever did
>And they all meet under the same contract. Again.

Literally impossible
>>
i still believe
>>
Looks interesting. What is it about?
>>
>>337872425

JRPGs don't need saving. The good ones actually need to be localized to the west.

>>337874235

>trying this hard to get attention
>>
It was never intended to save JRPGs, but rather to give old players a small taste of nostalgia.
>>
>>337876169
>The good ones actually need to be localized to the west.
Literally the /jp/ argument? In 2016?
>be /jp/
>talk about how great x or y game is
>sing their praises in a circlejerking chorus for years
>it gets localized many years down the line
>it's fucking trash
No exceptions, weebs are fucked in their heads and should simply be dismissed.
>>
Old school JRPG are shit, the newer ones are better, making game like they used to wont magically make you younger and less experienced.
>>
>>337876769
>the newer ones are better
>Bravely Deweebtrash, Nepshit, Tales of Belts, 1000 waifu simulators

QUALITY
>>
>>337876551

>all JRPGs suck because I said so
Great opinion dude. Why are you here?
>>
>>337877845
>all
Clearly what I said.
>>
>>337878054

You're generalizing games that aren't released in the west and you haven't played. The only assumption I can make is either you hate all JRPGs, you're just being a troll for attention or you're an idiot. Which one is it?
>>
>>337878294
>You're generalizing games that aren't released in the west and you haven't played.
Maybe you should spend some more time learning English instead of moon?
>>
>>337878362

Trolling it is then.
>>
>>337874235

>Mitsuda feels like composing an entire rpg album

Why isn't he composing anymore?;_;
>>
The RPG genre can only be saved if someone assassinates Nomura
>>
>>337877642
Are you some how implying old school jrpgs are not weebs shit?
>>
File: 1463268241846.png (382 KB, 560x732) Image search: [Google]
1463268241846.png
382 KB, 560x732
>People are actually taking the terrible bait in this thread
>>
>>337878715

Final Fantasy is losing the attention of the general public. Being overtaken by WRPGs, Dark Souls, Persona, etc.

SquareEnix just needs to accept this and diversify its funding. They could make a dozen medium sized games with the budget they put into just one Final Fantasy game. And if each of those twelve medium sized games sold 1 million, it would still be far more profit than the 4-6 million copies FFXV is going to sell. This is what made Square profitable on the SNES and PS1. They just went crazy after FFVII.
>>
>>337879068
>Final Fantasy is losing the attention of the general public
Nigga FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, and FF7 Remake are way more important to the masses than wrpgs, dark souls, and persona
>>
>>337878729
There's a difference between simply being a thing that weebs happen to like, and being a shameless thing crapped out for the sole purpose of pandering to (and cashing in on) the lowest common denominator of this modern breed of turbo turbo, like the Bravely games and waifusims are.
>>
>>337879510

I don't know where you're getting that impression. Final Fantasy XV is mostly being hyped by a handful of shillers. It has nowhere near the hype it did on PS1 and PS2, when games like FFVII and FFX were the main reason people bought the system. A lot of that can also be blamed on the games being in development so long, the average gamer forgot about them and moved on to the next hyped thing.

Final Fantasy fans are hyped as fuck for them. But not the average gamer. And this spells trouble as core FF fans are around 1 million people. The other 4-5 million in sales comes from hype and marketing. And there's far more competition and marketing these days than there was in the past. back when FFVII and FFX had the largest marketing budgets of their day.
>>
>>337879640
>a shameless thing crapped out for the sole purpose of pandering to (and cashing in on) the lowest common denominator

So 80% of "old school" JRPGs?
>>
File: jrpg.png (72 KB, 560x1025) Image search: [Google]
jrpg.png
72 KB, 560x1025
Better to start over from zero
>>
>>337880068

>two WRPGs made by completely different teams are totally different
>two JRPGs made by the same hack are similar to each other
>the only JRPG I know is Final Fantasy
Every WRPG fans argument.
>>
>>337880068
Stale
>>
>>337880068
>all that bullshit
>start bitching about genres
Can you even be more pretentious about rpgs than this?
>>
>>337879857

>make an open world like Red Dead Redemption
>people just buy GTAV and Red Dead sequel instead of 'No Sleep Till Tokyo'
>>
>>337880016
>games made before it was lucrative to cash in on weebs
>"they must have been pandering to weebs too"

Ebin
>>
File: images (11).jpg (19 KB, 457x322) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
19 KB, 457x322
>>337872425

Why no physical SE? I'm still mad
>>
>>337881753

Anime has been cashing in on obsessive otakus since the 1970s. You're an idiot if you don't think games did it in the 1980s and 1990s. The success of video games actually helped anime with video game and toy tie ins.
>>
>>337882013
I'm more mad they'd rather throw the game to PC pirates instead of giving us the vita version
>>
>>337872425

The OST is so damn good I often found myself putting my Vita down just to listen to it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=01x8VuTR3bg
>>
>>337872425
Should've localized vita version

they wasted Vitagen's demographic

the game looks handheld-ish so it won't appeal to bigscreenfags
>>
>>337872425
What am I looking at here
>>
>>337882515
A video game cover.
>>
>>337882619
You have my attention
Tell me more
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.