[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there one awesome enhancing mod for Civ 5(with expansions)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
Is there one awesome enhancing mod for Civ 5(with expansions)?
One that does not change the game into something else but improves on it and it's mechanics drastically?
>>
>>337785267
Community Balance Patch or something.
>>
Donald Trump Civ mod
>>
>>337785385
This

Brief rundown:
>Improves AI and adjusts warmonger penalties to be more sane
>Happiness is completely revised so it not longer favors tall gameplay
>Every Civ is basically buffed to Poland-levels, diversifying them greatly
>Religion has completely different tenets that make more sense
>Same for social policies, especially the main two, Tradition and Liberty (renamed to Progress), which are now suited for tall or wide respectively
>Techs, especially early techs, are also more diverse, and changed to make more sense
>City-states are no longer bribed with cash, must construct or buy diplomats to send to them or complete quests for them (which there are more of), there are more World Congress resolutions, diplomatic victory is revised a bit.
>Vassal States, Map Trading, Tech trading, and more are brought back from Civ 4
>Also, more luxuries
>>
>>337785267
Yes, its called Civ 4.
>>
>>337787124
>>337787238

Tech trading is a horrible feature.
>>
>>337787124
>>337785385
do you mean this http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=526185
>>
>>337787554
You can disable it when you set up a game.
>>
>>337787238
surely you mean civ2
>>
>>337787563
Yes but this thread has the actual download links
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528034
>>
>>337787563
or the communitas thing from steam workshop?
>>
>>337787697
But is the AI adjusted to be able to play the game without it?
>>
>>337787802
Not OP but I'm going to check out this re-balance mod. Thanks anon.
>>
>>337787858
Yea. In this mod the AI is able to do everything you are able to do. (As a result the difficulties are ramped up, and the AI no longer receive free shit at the beginning but rather some bonuses in each era)
>>
if you're used to playing civ 5 you can use the no quitteres steam group mods to change the game up.

mostly changes civ bonuses and how strong culture policies are
>>
Is endless legend better?
>>
>>337787554
tech trading is great
it allows certain groups to get far ahead of each other, it allows you to catch up by researching trade bait, it creates diplomatic tensions, it's good for peace treaty deals. It's just one of the many things that makes Civ IV a much more dynamic game where you're making interesting decisions instead of just waiting for gauges to fill up.

Civ V it's just this steady build up from beginning to end. There's no stop-start, speed up, slow down ever. It's just this boring steadiness
>>
>>337788420
It's different. Some people prefer Civ5, some people prefer EL. Play both and figure it out.
>>
I have 2K Civ 5 hours, and 800 of them are playing with the Community balance patch.

It's so far superior to 5+All the DLC it's insane.

1: AI in combat is actually really smart, and will fuck your shit up unlike EVER in civ 5.

2:AI in world congress is fucking scary and will pay you and other AI to vote, or I had one fucking blackmail and declare war on me since I would not vote them for World religion in congress.

3: Awesome balance changes and new additions to all civs, new units in the tech tree. (Horse archers for example now run till the end of tech tree, archers keep double range all tech tree)

4:New buildings and systems aww yee.

Fucking get it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-16-06-52-04.png (477 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-16-06-52-04.png
477 KB, 800x1280
>>337787858
Here, this might give you some idea of how much the AI has been changed, not even the full thing
>>
>>337788491
I dislike tech trading because it makes catching up too easy, empire total war had it, and I hated it there too, you just have to periodically look through all the factions and trade sciences around to gain a massive edge its boring to do as well
>>
>>337788634
There's one notable change I couldn't fit in the image
>You can no longer always sign white peace with AI when it’s in a decidedly winning position - AI is generally much more capable of understanding the state of a war, and will make war/peace more rationally because of this.
>>
>>337788678
I play with Tech trading/brokering turned off. There are other ways to slingshot in tech (Free techs from specific wonders/policies bulbing Great scientists, stealing tech from spies) All tech trading does is give either easy money or easy tech. There is no risk/reward to tech trading unlike stealing from spies or competing for something like the great library for the free tech. IMO Civ 5 and even the CBP isn't balanced/made around tech trading.
>>
>>337788634
God damn this thoroughness reminds me of K-Mod. I'm gonna have to try this.
>>
File: MTE4MDAzNDEwODE1OTc2OTc0.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE4MDAzNDEwODE1OTc2OTc0.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>337785267
ever since I hear the fucking title in his voice and can't get it out

help
>>
>>337789124
I READ ON KOTAKU THAT IT'S BETTER THAN CIV 5 WITH THE BRAVE NEW WORLD EXPANSION PACK
>>
File: 1430358347980.png (20 KB, 277x319) Image search: [Google]
1430358347980.png
20 KB, 277x319
>>337789205
MAKE IT STOP
>>
I cant find the latest civ+brave new world version as a torrent...WTF...
Everything is swamped with galciv3...
Anyone knows where to get latest version of civ+brave new world so i can use the above mod?
>>
>>337789374
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/10283049/Sid.Meier_s.Civilization.V.Game.Of.The.Year.Edition.Repack-R.G.M
>>
>>337788996
I always have tech trading off too. It seems like the AI will always trade amongst themselves in a massive circlejerk, and then demand obscene prices for anything from the human player.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.