[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So dark souls 3 has been out for a month now what are some genral
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 32
File: Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg (88 KB, 332x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg
88 KB, 332x330
So dark souls 3 has been out for a month now what are some genral thoughts on the game
>>
While the more linear approach to the overall layout of the world is disappointing it's ultimately the most refined of the four medieval fantasy Souls games. It isn't as impressive as Demon's or Dark Souls were by nature of being the fourth of them and there are certain elements that it isn't strictly the best at, but overall if someone asks "If there is one and only one Souls game I should play, which one should it be?" then the answer is Dark Souls 3 in my view. Dark Souls 3 has largely superseded Dark Souls 1 for me and thankfully avoided all of the fuck-ups Dark Souls 2 made.

The only question I'm still going over in my head now is whether Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne is the better game. Thing is though it really depends on what you're looking for since they're different enough to co-exist.
>>
File: gengen.jpg (82 KB, 736x742) Image search: [Google]
gengen.jpg
82 KB, 736x742
>>337491474
>thoughts in general
>>
Got all the cheevos and dabbled in PvP, but I quickly lost interest. Starting a new character is boring as sin since the beginning feels very railroaded. I'm currently replaying BB again and I'm finding it more enjoyable to replay.

That's not to say DaS3 is bad, of course. I'll most likely play it again when the DLC comes out.
>>
>>337491474
Make up your own mind dipshit
>>
It was a good refresher after Bloodborne. I mean, Bloodborne may be the best in the series, but it doesn't hold a candle to what Darksouls can offer in terms of build variety.
>>
I got bored after beating the champ. It just feels like they stop putting any effort into the game post pontiff
>>
I'm not playing a lot because I know there's DLC coming, so I don't want to commit characters to builds that might be affected later on. Fantastic game, though.
>>
First Playthrough:
>go strength
>use greatswords
>trudge through game, hate latter half

Second Playthrough:
>use dex build
>annihilate bosses solo, some on first try
>plow through the game, acquire all upgrades
>finish, go to PVP
>go to NG+
>in 4 hours, complete half of the game

Longsword + Estoc = how2winallencounters
>>
>>337493202
For me since Knight and Pyro are going to be the optimal classes for 99.999% of builds I just have a handful of characters at SL80 in those classes with all gear collected on them since I know that they can be respec'd to fit anything that comes in the DLC.
>>
>>337491474
Level design is good overall, while no game in the series has a world as well connected as the first half of DaS or even BB the individual levels are quite good, cathedral and Irithyll as the best. Some areas do fall flat due to being too short though.

Gameplay wise the elephant in the room is lack of poise, which hurts the game a lot. PvE is still playable with anything, and spacing with heavy weapons can be quite fun. Weapon arts add a very interesting layer to most weapons. Magic needs some improvement(mostly miracles) but some new spells like the laser, pyro grab or the return of second chance are very welcome. All in all they only need to alter some numbers better and decide whether to enable poise or remove it fully and balance accirdingly.

Bosses are great, only the tree and wolnir are truly bad. Gundyr is by and large their best tutorial boss. Normal enemies are okay, though some feel fairly lazy in their design and could be improved.

I don't do online, but players who do should have their complaints answered.

Fanservice was too much at times and I'd really have preffered if it was tonned down.

It's great, but I really would prefer to wait for DLC, we saw how it moved BB from okay to amazing.
>>
no replay value
>>
>>337491474
I like it.

Bloodborne is GOAT atmosphere- and lore-wise imo but the the variety of armor, weapons and builds in the souls game makes up for it.

DS3 is pretty nice overall.
>>
>>337491474
It seemed like a game that relied too heavily on Bloodborne resources. It had location design of DaS1 which is good, it has some of the best bosses in the series, but World design seemed lazy (world is merging so we can reference all our favourite bits and not be called out), and what it emulated from DeS was done shoddily. NPCs are all worse then DaS2 and the gameplay mechanics are worse as well. And this doesn't even mention magic or the shitty covenents.

As much as I enjoyed the game, it's only better then DaS2. I did enjoy DaS2 for the most part so that might make my comments seem redundant

DLC will probably change how I feel
>>
Strong game.
Satisfying completetion to the series albeit a little dull.
Hampered by the fact the series has yearly releases. Not as good as the original IPs (DaS1, DeS, BB), but still a proper game.
Feels like what DkS2 should have been.
>>
I'm loving it. I'm no longer wowed like I was with DeS/DaS, but not disgusted like with DaS2. It's been a little easier on my ego, as I've been able to solo so many more of the bosses. I love the visuals, I'm frustrated with some of the covenants, but I like the lore connections between 1 and 3.

I actually felt proud when I beat Sully, the walkers, and the dancer in 3 tries or less.
>>
>It's a "Host is wielding the BKGA with caestus in the off hand" episode

So why did they nerf the FUGS when garbage like the BKGA is still in the game?
>>
DaS3>BB>SoTFS>DaS=DeS>DaS2

its P. good tbqh familla
>>
I was disappointing with The Nameless King, Twin Princes and CU.

Having to fight them again after beating their first stage with full health felt cheap and lazy.
>>
>>337491474
Great game. Good finish to the series. Pvp is different than previous installments, but not necessarily worse. Has a couple of flaws but what souls game doesnt.
>>
>>337493874
STR weapons deserve to be strong, Dark Sword is the only real problem right now besides the lack of poise.
>>
Worst Souls game.
>>
>>337493440
This. My first run with pure strength I kept getting my shit kicked in after being constantly interrupted by the tiniest of attacks. 2nd run I breezed through everything with an estoc. No wonder shitters love it. It's free wins in PvP
>>
>>337494184
is DeS
>>
Get bored quickly desu
>>
>>337491474
No replayability
No Das2-style NG+
Broad Sword beats every other weapon
Only one optional area

The gameplay is the better the soul series has ever been, but it's too short and lacks too much.
>>
>>337494474
>Broad Swords beats every other weapon
git gud

>Only one optional area
epic xD
>>
>>337491474
Fixed everything 2 did wrong and fucked up everything it did right.
>>
File: farron_greatsword.png (20 KB, 216x290) Image search: [Google]
farron_greatsword.png
20 KB, 216x290
>>337491474
RULES OF NATURE
>>
>>337493874
Not to mention FUGS may be the easiest weapon in the game to dodge.
>>
>>337494608
>argument is literally memes
>>
>>337494016
Personally I didn't even consider this until people mentioned it. As a fan of Japanese games multistage boss fights have always been pretty standard to me and it didn't even occur to me that Souls hadn't done it much before. At the end of the day it's not the first Souls game with phase transitions or mid fight cutscenes.

It was great in the SoC fight were there was no cutscene and Gwyn's theme kicked in. The changed moveset and music progressing straight out of the first stage felt very climactic in the way a final boss should. Also it was a good surprise in the Liquid Snake just won't fucking die kinda way:

>Ahhh, I did it and can finally relax and watch the ending.
>"NOT YET ASHEN ONE! IT'S NOT OVER YET"

I think not doing it with NK and the Princes right before him would have increased the dramatic effect of it though.
>>
>>337494743
>argument is literally lies
>>
>>337494474
>Archdragon peak
>Smouldering Lake
>Demon Ruins
>Consumed King Garden
>Untended Graves

It's at least 5 areas, senpai
>>
Everything is pretty solid apart from the lore. Everything which isn't pontiff/aldrich/lothric bros is pretty shit
>>
>>337491474
I hate the dogs in irythill
I hate dogs in these games in general
>>
File: 8753_meh.jpg (9 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
8753_meh.jpg
9 KB, 600x600
It's kinda shitty.

More focused on addressing PVP related complaints by fucking up magic and buffing up straightswords and other starter gear than making End Game stuff worth it.

The lore is outright contradictory to a lot of the stuff in DS1, whilst 2 is otherwise ignored. Which wouldn't be too bad if this wasn't a direct sequel, but it is. Not to mention it has the DS2 problem of purposely ambiguous lore, like all this crap concerning the Deep and the Profaned Flame. Whatever the fuck those are supposed to be.

Weird game design like bonfires being extremely close to each other

Once again we have a level up waifu that no one asked for. This one is honestly the worst by far because she has no personality to speak of. She's just there to be a level up waifu to fill the quota.

Armor is basically useless and Vitality is once again separate from endurance. Which sucks moreso because Vitality raises by such a meager percentage with each investment

FromSoft's always had a tendency to reuse assessts and ideas but this game took that to new heights or, ya'know, depths.
>more sword and board enemies
>more stock locations like a posion swamp and 3 flavors of dungeon
>half the bosses are dudes with big weapons in armor
>Mimics are copied and pasted all over the game
>more than half the armor in the final game is from previous entries to the series
>continuous nods to DS1 that go from cool to quaint to annoying

5/10. There was so much hype for so little effort.
>>
>>337495270
Holy shit, this. Especially when they time their attacks so that you are in constant stunlock. And then if you try to run away to recover they teleport to you. What the fuck
>>
It's pretty good.
The level design is great, the levels are big and sprawling and there's tons of exploration to be had.
The bosses are some of the best in the series. My favorite is Twin Princes, the atmosphere in that fight is just top tier. I also really like Dancer, NK, Pontiff and Oceiros.
The balance could be better though, I hope future patches address some of these issues.
I expect the DLC to be amazing.
>>
>>337491474
It's great, but the more I play it, the more gripes I have with it.

There are too many civilized areas, not enough nature compared to DaS1 and DaS2. Even areas like Crucifixion Woods has the building full of big hat wizards and the giant wall, Farron Keep has all these towers, pillars to support the bridge, broken buildings and bridges and giant walls surrounding the area, and Smouldering Lake has the Demon Ruins.

The game doesn't use environmental challenges at all compared to DaS2 and I feel like that's a lost. What I mean by environmental challenges is stuff like the giant archer shooting arrows at you if you go near the white trees, the skeleton balls in the catacombs, the giant ballista in Smouldering Lake (that one is really annoying though), the waxhead stuff in Grand Archives for the curse books and... that's pretty much it in DaS3, really. DaS2 had stuff like killing enemies near inanimated golems to open doors in Drangleic Castle, platforms and bridges you can lower or raise in Iron Keep, the small burning islands in the same area where you roll into water pots to gain fire resistance to walk onto them, that entire room in Shulva where you shoot arrows on buttons to remove spikes, move contraptions and doors and where you have to sprint past invulnerable ghosts to get to the room with their corpses to make them vulnerable, the traps in Doors of Pharros or the ghost tombs you have to destroy in Undead Crypt, etc. Meanwhile, areas like Irithyll or Lothric Castle only has enemy encounters for themselves.

(1/2)
>>
>>337495763
(2/2)

I feel like the estus flask/ash estus flask system is a good concept on paper, but pretty flawed in execution. I feel it encourages using only 1 or 2 spells top because it's easier to remember how much mana each spell costs compared to 5-6 spells. In the earlier games it wasn't an issue because you knew exactly how many spell uses were remaining for you. A lot of times I find myself with a lot of mana remaining before having to use an ash estus flask that refills more than I need. The mana bar would also be used for weapon arts and thus would be an incentive to trade some estus flasks for ashen ones, but instead what people do is stay with 15 estus flasks and put a simple gem on their offhand weapons so it regenerates passively, and you only need 1 FP to use weapon arts compared to spellcasting. I also feel like trading estus flasks for ashen ones early game is not worth it because the spells do too little damage for their FP cost and you lose healing for that. You need like 50 int to do decent damage with your spells early game, which is a bit absurd and means you can't invest much into ATT (then, with the proper rings and the scholar candlestick, you do a crapton of damage endgame so it doesn't really matter). I feel like for the estus flask/ashen estus flask system to work better, spellcasting needs to be better balanced early game and endgame.

I wonder how much DaS2 poise would have worked in DaS3. It's the same kind of "2 automatic hits", but only after breaking the poise of the player.

Fromsoft still hasn't learned how to do working covenants yet, which is absurd.
>>
no replayability due linear design and no chance to become op early on
i lose my major interest in game after sage i guess, stop playing on armour for now
pvp is unplayable for me due no poise and poor weapons balance overall
weak rings and items, feels less rewarding to explore
game just don't feel complete and polished
and other minor complains

still goty for me, still better than das2
i'd say das 9/10, das2 6/10, das3 7.5/10
i miss das top tier pvp. i do not care about singleplayer as much as i care about pvp, and pvp is ruined for me just like in das2.
>>
>>337495948
Those don't sound like minor complaints at all.
>>
>>337495948
>no chance to become op early on
>what is raw astora straight sword
>>
>>337495032
One is a rehash and the others are short as fuck and pointless.
>>
>>337495948
also i bought season pass and regretting about this discussion already, because most of my interest is already gone
~100h des
900h das
150h das2
60h das3
>>
>>337495763
>or the ghost tombs you have to destroy in Undead Crypt
and being careful the bells don't ring too*
>>
>>337495948
>no replayablility
I would beg to differ. It's worse than previous entires in that regard, but it's definitely still got more replayability than most modern releases.
I've played it 5 times already.
>>
>>337496326
There's useful items in all of those areas, I wouldn't call them pointless
>>
>>337496315
dude, das's ASS is fucking insane before sens, with pyro and rtsr i just one shot boses, soul dupe, humanity dupe and sweet rings early in the game. das3 can't really be like this
>>
File: 20160502194639_1.jpg (306 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160502194639_1.jpg
306 KB, 1920x1080
TELL ME ABOUT FIRE KEEPER
WHY DOES SHE WEAR THE MASK?
>>
>>337493874
Greataxes need a slight damage nerf in general, being able to kill someone in a guaranteed two hit combo with hyper armor is retarded.

And no, parry fishing with the Ceastus and Hornet Ring don't make you a good player.
>>
Somehow edgier than Bloodborne.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6vCZdcp6hE&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>337496520
no doubt, but since i don't really playing a lot vidiagames besides souls i comparing das3 with other souls games, with das:ptde to be specific
>>
>>337496781

Perhaps she's wondering why you would kill her before entering the age of dark
>>
File: eye_of_the_priestess[1].png (6 KB, 64x128) Image search: [Google]
eye_of_the_priestess[1].png
6 KB, 64x128
>>337496998
REMINDER THAT OCELOTTE IS FUTURE DLC CONTENT

In DaS2:SotFS's Crown of the Ivory King DLC you needed a key item, Eye of the Priestess in order to be able to see otherwise invisible Aava, the King's Pet and fight the boss properly. It also had a side effect of making the untargettable transparent enemies in vanilla area Shaded Woods completely visible and targetable. DaS3's DLC will also add an item that is needed to see some invisible foes, with the added effect of being able to see Ocelotte and all the associated gore as well.
>>
>>337496781
Her gaze is said to turn any man into diamonds
>>
File: 1318504056411.jpg (13 KB, 372x392) Image search: [Google]
1318504056411.jpg
13 KB, 372x392
>>337496998
>>
I honestly prefer Bloodborne.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (25 KB, 644x199) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
25 KB, 644x199
It's shit
>>
I just finished DaS1.
Should I play 2 or just play this?
People told me that 2 is absolute shit.
>>
Why's it so skewed against invaders? Phantoms have no time limit and hosts can just summon more if you kill them.
>>
>>337497351
2 is alright, it brought a lot of improvements to the game but also bogged shit down with things like Adaptability and Soul Memory.
>>
they still haven't fixed anything. not a goddamn thing. not even the lighting bug. not even poise.
>>
>>337497351
DaS2 is actually pretty good with SotFS content. However, story wise skipping it won't be a problem as DaS3 only has small references in item descriptions and such to it, though this could change with future DaS3 DLC.
>>
>>337497375
The crybabies won. Dark souls is now a game you play with your bros. Voice chat and passwords should have made that clear.
>>
File: you got a friend in me.png (192 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
you got a friend in me.png
192 KB, 348x348
STR builds completely useless
>>
>>337497351
It's not "absolute shit," but you should really just skip to 3. Play 2 when you want more of the series, make sure to get SOTFS.
>>
>>337497351
it's okay, but i'll recommend play das3 first
>>
>>337497351
DaS2 is alright, people just give it way too much shit because they feel the need to have Souls "cred". It's the weakest Souls game PvE wise, but it has a lot of nice ideas that improved the mechanics of the series that DaS3 just threw out the window for some reason instead of keeping them / improving them further. It's worth at least one playthrough as there are a few things in DaS3 that come from DaS2.
>>
File: butcher_knife[1].png (18 KB, 189x282) Image search: [Google]
butcher_knife[1].png
18 KB, 189x282
>>337497561
Apologize to the best weapon in the game.
>>
>>337495479
I more or less agree, actually.
>>
>>337497561
>completely useless
nigger I'm having the fucking easiest time compared to my Dex and Quality characters with my Str one with excessive amounts of Vit even though poise is turned off. Battle Axe/Brigand Axe and a Greatshield just fucking destroys everything with ease for me.
>>
>>337497452
>>337497503
>>337497602
>>337497630
>>337497643
Thanks guys, gonna get DaS3.
Should I read something of the lore from DaS2 or there's nothing worth reading?
I loved the plot of several DaS1 npcs.
>>
>>337497707
Haven't met a single good player using that. Invader, summoner or otherwise
>>
>>337497561
But STR builds are currently the best counter to straight swords. Most of the STR weapon two hand R1's have hyper armor and cannot be parried.
>>
>>337497923
no, just jump into game
>>
s'alright
lost what i loved about DaS in world design and npc interaction and pvp but has some lovely things too. Forgot what they were because i got a softban for invalid data 40 hours in and havent played since.
Funny because i hadn't changed data files in any way, installed or edited anything. just got the error message and suddenly couldnt play with friends.

Whatever though, alright while it lasted.
>>
>>337497923
DS3 is almost completely apathetic towards DS2's lore(which was shit anyway). Don't worry about that.
>>
>>337491474
Can't wait for Overwatch.
>>
File: 1423188506808.jpg (33 KB, 329x329) Image search: [Google]
1423188506808.jpg
33 KB, 329x329
>>337498204
>"I want to play the SJW approved Team Fortress 2"
>>
>>337497940
It's fucking fantastic to the point I thought it was even pretty broken on my first playthrough. I don't understand how so few people use it. R1 is very fast, has long range and the weapon requires no DEX investment whatsoever, getting A (S at +10) STR scaling as well.

Weapon art is kind of meh in PvP (though isn't as much of an issue if you're running low ATN character anyways), but can be really useful in PvE exploration when you want to conserve your Estus and have a lot of trash mobs to attack. Deacons in particular became even more of a joke.
>>
how bad is the hacking nowadays? People still getting softbanned for getting hit w/ +souls weapons?
>>
>>337498364
yup and don't talk to me or my son again, cis scum
>>
>>337498414
Oh I'm sure its good, just every user that I've seen use it gets fucking trashed because they seem to have no fucking clue how to use. Will get summoned by one and he will usually die to first or second mob he encounters
>>
File: 1460064724671.jpg (51 KB, 359x305) Image search: [Google]
1460064724671.jpg
51 KB, 359x305
>>337491474
i know i will get alot of hate but i miss ds2. Im mostly in for the pvp as i just enjoy it the most in souls games(dont get me wrong i love the pve aswell) DS2 had alot of flaws but it had argueably the best pvp out of any souls game.
>>
>>337491474
your character has neither the speed and reach of a bloodborne character or the poise of a dark souls character, which makes the pve really obnoxious and most weapon types useless. The pvp balance is atrocious and fromsoft tried way way way too hard to protect casual babies from being killed by invaders and 'having their experience ruined' - dying in a souls game now ruins your experience I guess. The result is that invading people is like pulling teeth and ganking trash who really are just out there to ruin everyone else's fun are everywhere. You can't overstate how many ganking shitters there are. These days they've even diversified away from their dark swords with obscuring ring sorcerers invisibly firing crystal soul spears, greatshield estoc turtles blocking you from getting to the sorcerer, and guys with dragonslayer greataxes or yhorm's great machete staggering you if they hit anywhere near you.
Basically the pve isn't fun, and the pvp isn't fun. And after about a hundred hours of trying to like it, all the fun I have with it is the occasional cheesy pvp kill. But I can have that same fun in any other souls game, and the others aren't so fucking aggravating in all other respects. Dark Souls 2 was bland(except the DLCs) and annoying and floaty, but at least the weapons were interesting, the enemies actually felt like they're from the same game as your character, and the pvp was fun.
>>
>>337498526
you get softbanned doing nothing sometimes
>>
How to fuck to do beat Vordt?

There is almost no opening to attack him.
>>
File: das3.png (80 KB, 653x239) Image search: [Google]
das3.png
80 KB, 653x239
Pic related
Enjoyed it a lot but:
>no bonfire ascetics
>no interactable areas (such as lighting up a whole area like the one before Majula in 2)
>NG+ is worthless, no new enemies
>invasion is shit, never get invaded because the matchmaking prioritizes shitters and ganksquads
>2 useless covenants and no Blue Eye Orb
>not enough build variety, pick anything other than an r1 spam weapon and you are penalized basically
>no power stance
>no trap chests, they made 80% of chests mimics instead the fuck knows why

Its still a solid 8/10, some areas are beautiful, level design is nice, world is properly connected, etc
But sadly I have no reason to keep playing, while I had 250+ hours in DaS1 and DaS2
>>
>>337498873
Have you tried getting good?
>>
>>337497561
There is no counter to defensive 2handed STR weapons.
>>
File: 1462639708284.jpg (410 KB, 1024x1450) Image search: [Google]
1462639708284.jpg
410 KB, 1024x1450
I'm already getting bored of it, which is kinda sad. My guess is that people in this one aren't even trying to make original builds. They just see something on youtube and make that themselves. So it just feels like 90% of everyone you fight is using the same 5 weapons or is an asshat trying to use the pyromancy glitch.
>>
>>337498873
Hug him and roll
Repeat for everything ever
>>
>>337498873
Go play DaS1
>>
>>337498873
If you're underneath him or behind him, he basically can't hit you until his final phase when he starts pounding straight down (which shouldn't physically be able to hit you, but they knew he needed at least 1 attack that could do literally anything to you so they fucked the hitboxes for it).

This is how you fight basically any enemy you can stand under.
>>
>>337498873
Christ Anon, all you have to do is roll forward when he lunges at you. To beat the fight, you just have to stay underneath his ass or behind his ass and keep hitting it.
When he hits second phase, dodge like hell and try to get behind/under him again. When he does the ice breath attack on 2nd phase, take the chance to get as many hits on him as you can.
>>
>>337499029
>or is an asshat trying to use the pyromancy glitch.

I just spam the clapping emote when some shitter tries to get me with it.
>>
It's really fucking good probably the best souls game

still disappointing in some ways, broken as shit as well
>>
>>337499041
This unfortunately
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
>>337495479
>The lore is outright contradictory to a lot of the stuff in DS1
WAAAAHHHH! SOLAIRE IS STILL GWYN'S FIRSTBORN IN MY MIND!

WAHHHH! PRISCILLA CHAN IS SEATH'S DAUGHTER! SEATH'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has any one souls boss causes as much butthurt to lorefags and shitters who can't get good alike as nameless king?
>>
File: 20160503114820_1.jpg (308 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160503114820_1.jpg
308 KB, 1600x900
>>337498873
hey look
>>
>>337499106
I've beaten it multiple times, it's almost nothing like this game.
>>
File: 20160503114915_1.jpg (276 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160503114915_1.jpg
276 KB, 1600x900
>>337498873
>>337499362
that was easy
>>
>>337491474
It's alright.
>>
It's more like these faggots make theories about the lore that they believe are true, and then when Dark Souls 3 strikes down those theories with its lore, they get butthurt and go "THIS CONTRADACTZ DUH LORE, FUCKING FROMSOFT ARE HACKZ!"
>>
File: squat.jpg (74 KB, 441x423) Image search: [Google]
squat.jpg
74 KB, 441x423
>>337491474
breddy gud
>>
>>337499618
>>337499354
Meant to respond to >>337499354
>>
Roughly the same quality as BB (AKA Amazing):
BB has over this:
- Lore
- Atmosphere
- Level design

DaS3 has over BB:
- Estus system (not just remplushing them at bonfires but being unreliable to use at PvP, avoiding eternal slugfests)
- Build variety
- Every aspect of multiplayer

It can go either way. But it's definetwly worth it.
>>
Great level design up until post Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. After that, areas become too short and exploration isn't as good.

Pacing is all over the place. For example you take a good while looking for the first two Lords of cinder but then you blaze through the rest of them.

There's little to no reason to start NG+. Mostly because of how linear the game is. There's barely any sequence breaking.

Combat is fun but not well thought out. By the time I was finished with Undead settlement everything could be stunlocked to death. Dodge rolling has the most iframes in the series. Feels like an Arcade version of the souls series honestly. It's mostly about killing things fast and flashy.

It controls great overall though. Everything feels very fluid. The buffering is fucking atrocious though.
>>
>>337497081
if I pull that off would you die?
>>
Well it's a Dark Souls game so it's good since the formula's good. I definitely prefer it over vanilla Dark Souls 2, although not nearly as much as I thought I would. Compared to Dark Souls 1 it feels very underwhelming, though. The linear world design + warping sucked the joy out of both exploration and repeated playthroughs. The level design felt very formulaic and uninspired, with very few stand out moments. The way it used shortcuts was especially disappointing. It was very predictable and only served a shortcut to the boss, which is a big step backwards compared to how Dark Souls 1 used them and made them more believable. The enemy designs would be good but they really fucked up the balancing since too many of them are taken out with mindless R1 spam. That combined with the insane amounts of trash mobs made for the most unenjoyable combat in the series, and it doesn't help that heavy weapons suck ass. The thing that was consistently good was the boss design, though. Even the worst bosses felt like they had a lot of care put into them, and the second half of the game is pretty much just amazing fight after amazing fight. Oh and the art direction was great.
>>
File: tw2.jpg (77 KB, 640x316) Image search: [Google]
tw2.jpg
77 KB, 640x316
OFFICIAL RATING

DS2 > DS3 > DS1
>>
>>337499618
seriously. This game has brought all types of faggots out of the woodwork. I've never seen so many people not be able to just accept that theyre wrong, so instead they go and attack the game or the developers.
>>
>>337500354
DS1 > meh > DS3 > shit > DS2
>>
>>337499618
>>337500395
What are you referring to exactly?
>>
>>337498873
They even patched him to make him stand there doing is breath attack instead of stoping after getting hit once.

If you think he doesn't stop attacking, good luck against Champ Gundyr
>>
>>337500354
agreed
nostalgiafags should leave
>>
File: 1432965180899.png (177 KB, 370x359) Image search: [Google]
1432965180899.png
177 KB, 370x359
>>337500742
>actually having taste is now called nostalgia
lmao my nigger, DS2 is hideous while DS1 had the greatest and most atmospheric enviroment of them all.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
>>337500910
>DS1 had the greatest and most atmospheric enviroment

>having taste

A taste for Miyazaki's microdick I presume.
>>
>>337501131
>showing the only map miyazaki didn't work on
ayy
>>
File: 1341345.jpg (30 KB, 420x240) Image search: [Google]
1341345.jpg
30 KB, 420x240
Positives:

Bosses are a 10/10 across the board.

Great level design even though slightly linear (Deep if exploring, fast to speed run through)

Pretty great OST

Weapon quality system for invasions is a great addition that lowers twink invading significantly.

Negatives:

Covenants are interchangeable and/or boring or nearly broken, except for Mound Makers which might be the best covenant in all soulsborne games.

Invasion system is completely fucked, only sending invaders into ganksquads, too many restrictions on the police. Most invaders have given up or are so blood thirsty that "fun" invasions are a thing of the past.

Very poor weapon meta. If you aren't using Straight Swords, Greatshields, Bleed, or Estoc then you're nerfing yourself into uselessness in PvP.

NG+ is awful, only adding +1 rings to random locations.

Poise is literally Resistance 2.0

Phantom range is worse than the last two games in PvP and Straight Swords have longer range than Ultra Great Swords.

Magic is utterly worthless unless you can get a one shot on a distracted opponent.

Upgrading to +10 is a mistake across the board if you want to invade since it massively reduces the amount of people you can invade.

I could go on but the list is already long. The game is great on the first playthrough but so many things are working against its longevity. It has nowhere near the legs of DaS1.
>>
File: 1455231033346.jpg (281 KB, 630x841) Image search: [Google]
1455231033346.jpg
281 KB, 630x841
>>337500354

Personal favorite
DeS > DaS3 > DaS1 > DaS2
Best core gameplay mechanics
DaS3 > DaS2 > DeS > DaS1
Best bosses
DaS3 > DeS > DaS1 > DaS2
Best music
DaS3 > DaS > DaS2 > DeS
Best story, lore and characters
DaS2 > DaS3 > DaS1 > DeS
>>
>>337491474
I've masturbated to some of my own pvp clips, it's a good game
>>
File: kEi4HnE.jpg (44 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
kEi4HnE.jpg
44 KB, 800x450
>>337501420
Glad they didn't go with that edgetard porcelain mask

>420
Praise the Führer's birthday!
>>
>>337499354
There is no fucking proof that Nameless and Priscilla are related. Where is that coming from?
>>
>>337501420
In all seriousness when it came to actual story DaS2 had it on lock.
>>
>>337501361
>Bosses are a 10/10 across the board.
They really aren't. Nameless, Aldrich, Cinder and Pontiff were 10/10. But that's pretty much it.
>>
>>337501361
>Bosses are a 10/10 across the board.
A real 10/10 huh?
>>
>>337501991
The only, and I mean ONLY boss I would rate below a 9 is Cursed Greatwood. Even Wolnir gets a 9 because of the spooky factor.

>no Dancer
>no Ocerios
>no Yhorm (You didn't use stormruler, right anon?)
>no Watchers

also
>Cinder
>10/10

No. He's the third worst boss desu senpai.
>>
>>337502284
>Oceiros
>Watchers
>Fucking yhorm
You're funny
>>
What's the best dagger in the game?

Does the bandit's knife still put in work?
>>
>>337502232
Sheeeet I forgot he was even a boss. Like literally forgot he existed even though in my last playthrough I did him just under 2 hours ago. Maybe since you don't even actually engage him and just gimmick drop him.
>>
>>337491474
Wait, it's been out for a month already?
What the fuck, it feels like I only got it yesterday.
>>
>>337491474
Co-op is great, that alone makes it better than Bloodborne.
PvP is shit though, not unlike bloodborne.

I think Bloodborne's PvE was slightly better (bosses aside) but DaS3 has bigger build variety.
>>
>>337502469
Bandit is still good, although I've been hearing good things about Mail breaker parries since patch.
>>
>>337497351
>people told me 2 is shit
/v/ doesn't really count as people
>>
>>337491474

It's very forgettable.

I've put 80 hours into it and feel kind of like I'm finished playing it.

I had hundreds in DeS, DaS, and DS2. I want to play Bloodborne because I know I'd love it more than DS3, but I can't justify buying a PS4 for one game, especially with the PS4.5 rumors going around.

I dunno, DS3 just feels phoned in. Everything plays it safe, nothing really stands out, the bosses are okay. It just lacks anything special about it, and it kind of made me just want to replay DS2.
>>
>>337493440

That's why you always go Quality build first playthrough.

You get to try out every weapon that way.
>>
>Carthus Catacombs is a mix of Depths, Sens Funhouse, Catacombs and Tomb of Giants
>From the moments you step foot inside you can reach the end in 30 seconds

JUST
>>
>>337501991
>aldrich 10/10
are you SHITTING ME
>>
File: 3123412355.png (67 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
3123412355.png
67 KB, 240x240
>Fromsoft patches Dark Souls 3
>You kill a Basalisk in Farron Swamp on a playthrough
>It drops one of these

How hype would you be?
>>
File: 1422647982124.png (2 MB, 1252x872) Image search: [Google]
1422647982124.png
2 MB, 1252x872
Gonna start a new game in DaS1.
Post ending in 6 decides primary stat and starting class.
>>
>>337503624
Resistance
Deprived
>>
>>337503624
pyro luck
>>
>>337503886
fffuuuuuck
>>
>>337503886
He said DaS1
>>
File: 1439930907468s.jpg (8 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
1439930907468s.jpg
8 KB, 250x240
PvP frustrated the ever living hell out of me, Estoc niggers and SSfags seemed uncounterable.

Then I took off all my armor (dragon form), equipped Storm Curved Sword, threw literally all ettiquette I learned from DS2 in the trash and im having a blast.

Also I dropped heal miracles for Tears of Denial.
>mfw some fag thinks his riposte will finish me off and does a gesture
>get back up and combo his ass
Glorious
>>
>>337504174
>Tears of Denial
Fuck, I have to try this out. Does it have a time limit in which it stays effective, or does it stay permanently until your HP drops to 0?
>>
>try out PvP
>assume they're honorable because they bow and don't chug
>when both of us at low health I get cheesed with knives/magic
every time
>>
>>337499029
I want to marry Saya.
>>
>>337494336
Yeah, I'm on first play through with a Strength character. It's kind of tedious, and the dexterity weapons are better/more fun. I've just leveled up Astora straight sword all the way, it's decent. I've used it for the majority of the game.
>>
>>337496794
>greataxe needs a nerf
>litearlly all vertical swings
youre shit
>>
>>337506095
> str is builds ate useless

Wgen will this meme die? I honestly believe everyone on /v/ are just a bunch of shitters who wanted to do a guts build but are too shit to figure out hyperarmor and distances so you all just defaulted to straight swords and thrusting swords. I went dex and use twinblades, daggers and winged spear all the time and fuck straight/kat/thrusting fags up all the time and the only people whoever defeat me are great weapon users and polearmfags who are obviously not the shitters i see crying on /v/ who couldn't figure out hyperarmor, also poise does do something it gives you more frames for hyperarmor, so wolf ring plus claymore/butchers knife is viable fucking idiots.
>>
File: 1446601508466.jpg (712 KB, 810x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446601508466.jpg
712 KB, 810x1080
>>337491474
DS1 > DS2 > DS3

I think they're all good though, but 3 it's too linear.
>>
File: 1418149539088.jpg (67 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1418149539088.jpg
67 KB, 720x720
>>337491474

Absolutely forgettable but fun while the ride lasted. I have no intention of starting a new game unlike the previous two games. Dark souls was just the highlight for me. Nothing compares and yes, I have gone and replayed it various times. Still matches up
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.