[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Play online game >Someone on your team or on the other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (74 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
74 KB, 960x720
>Play online game
>Someone on your team or on the other team is terrible
>Say something
>Flooded with U MAD SALTY SALT UR MAD SALT SALT
>everyone is a selfish piece of shit whos terrible at the game and not a team player
>they think theyre actually good at the game when using cheesy tactics
I can't believe how garbage pretty much online community is lately, I'm speaking from my experiences with the Overwatch beta but it's the same pretty much everywehre. It legitimately feels like every person is the same edgy 17 year old and it's mindboggling. I remember it always being shitty obviously but not as bad as its becomes. Why is this?
Personally I blame twitch, I don't think any community has spawned so many cancerous little shits as it. You even see these fucking children saying shit like "Kappa" all the time.
tl;dr- Why have online communities become so unanimously shit and is there anything that can be done to stop it
>>
>Only ever play Stronghold online
>Never have these problems ever

Don't play online shooters and things get a pinch easier
>>
File: The_gaze_of_Azula_is_upon_you.gif (451 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
The_gaze_of_Azula_is_upon_you.gif
451 KB, 500x375
>lately

Are you literally online for the first week of your life? I'm almost 30 and got to see the slow burn of online interaction, and everyone else around my age who was remotely involved in online gaming will agree that everything started a downward spiral when Halo 2 came out and "Xbox Live kiddies" were the only raging autistic shitters online.

Then social media started gaining traction, "gaming" became a "Me too!" hobby, and got oversaturated with regular people, and always contrarian memespouting shitheads became the bulk of the internet.

The little fucks who were too young to know what life without internet is like are legal adults now.

Everything is shit.
>>
U SALTY? Keepo
>>
I'm just starting to get into CS:GO. By far the worst community I've ever witnessed.

>I do terribly
>teammates talk shit to me, call me bad, tell me to stop playing etc.

>I do well somehow
>I'm either a hacker or smurf and should kill myself

I think it just comes down to finding the right communities. They're not all full of teenage memelords.
>>
or you could

play with your friends
>>
>>337114535
>friends
Lol
>>
>>337113796
You just described League of legends' community perfectly.
>>
Play more obscure games or just games that those people aren't interested in. Usually if the community is small, they're much nicer and welcome you since otherwise the community dies
>>
Man fuck 2007 why did it have to happen?
>>
>>337114838

You can't put the blame on anythig, it was inevitable.
>>
>>337115137
I blane technology becoming too user friendly and thereby allowing anyone to do anything without any knowledge or work.
This creates people with a shitty attitude. Most of this originates from the US, so once again it's them contributing to a shit culture that somehow people internationally think is cool and want to attain.
>>
>>337115659

Yes, but
>technology becoming too user friendly
was absolutely inevitable.

I agree with you but it's just the way the world works, we save our slowest instead of letting them die off.
>>
>>337115776
Yeah, pretty much
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.