[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Decided to give Dark Souls a try > started on first one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 622x455) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 622x455
> Decided to give Dark Souls a try
> started on first one
> Mfw

I'll git gud r-right?
>>
>>336368116
*farts* yeah i guess
>>
>>336368116
You just need to get a feeling for the enemy move-sets and the speed/movement of your own weapon. Try a shield with 100% physical block for your first playthrough, since it'll allow you to see the enemy's moves without having your health chipped off all the time.

Eventually you'll get a feeling for dodge-rolling through attacks and circle-strafing to exploit openings and then most of the game becomes trivial.

A large part of the game is also knowing where enemies are waiting, where you can get good weapons early and how to upgrade them, what stats to avoid (never level resistance) etc.
>>
You actually will.
>>
How are you with pattern recognition
>>
>>336368882

OP here

Stupid ass question but is there a side-step option or just full on rolling?

Then again I guess this game would be too easy with side stepping
>>
Considering how a friend of mine on Facebook who only plays Borderlands aside from Souls games keeps posting videos from his PS4 is bretty gud, I'm sure anyone can learn the game easily enough.

Still a shitty series. The praise in level design, lore, etc is almost completely unfounded.
>>
>>336369161

You might have missed the lock-on option if you play on PC. I think its middle mouse button. Really helps. That lets you sidestep.
>>
>>336369161
A press on O without a directional input will make you jump back, but it's garbage and won't help you dodge shit.

You need Bloodborne if you want to whoosh past enemies, although they are accordingly faster and more aggressive
>>
>>336368116
Game is pretty easy in the first few areas, unless you take the graveyard route like a dumbass.
>>
>Rewind to when dark souls first comes out
>Get it for my 360
>Absolutely hate it at first
>Thought it was too hard/clunky
>Years later get it on discount for PC because my friends wouldn't stop talking about it
>Currently have around 500 hours on DS1, 400 hours on DS2, and around 100 hours on DS3

I think the thing that really draws me to the game is the "build your own class" system. Not alot of games have the 3rd person ARPG system that also lets you build and create your own unique character your own way. It's all "mage" or "warrior". In Dark Souls I can be a dual-wielding swordsman with healing/support spells and a greatbow.
>>
>>336368116
Same here. Fucking Capra Demon and his fuckdogs.
>>
play demons souls first you stupid cuck
>>
>>336369957
Demon Souls fucking sucks
>>
>>336370040
you fucking suck, you can't even get the name right
fuck you nigger
>>
File: HNI_0038.jpg (42 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0038.jpg
42 KB, 800x587
>>336370150
you didn't get it right either, faggot
>>
You need to keep in mind that everyone has trouble with different bosses. I cleared through orstein and smough on my first try but couldn't kill seath later on, and you will usually hear people "you had trouble with X? He's easy as fuck" so don't let that discourage you.

The only bullshit part of the game is Capra Demon because you will never be prepared for that kind of rape.
>>
File: crunkey.png (396 KB, 574x413) Image search: [Google]
crunkey.png
396 KB, 574x413
>>336370327
nigger I only forgot an apostrophe, and that's because I usually just type des
you forgot a whole LETTER
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
>>
The Souls series is LoL tier now. It's your fault, idiots. You can't stop babbling about "muh difficulty!", making literally thousands of threads here everyday.

Nothing is sacred.
>>
man understand that it is ok to die in this game. You learn better when you die.
>>
>>336370542
>enjoy a game
>WELL I BETTER NOT TALK ABOUT IT IN CASE FAGGOTS FIND OUT AND END UP JOINING AND RUINING THE FUN
I get what you're trying to say though.
>>
>>336369924
JUST
FUCKING
GO UP
THE
BLOODY
STAIRS
>>
don't make a full INT build on your first playthrough. The game becomes a fucking joke even well before Anor Londo.
>>
>>336370150
That game doesn't deserve the respect of me spelling it's name correctly.
>>
>>336369924
Man those dogs aren't even the hardest part of the fight. That honour goes to the hanging plants that always find a way to fill up the entire fucking screen. Fuck them.
Also,
>lob firebomb over the wall
>no more dogs
Fuck you if you catch the Capra Demon with on, though.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.