[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Create a self imposed ruleset for your favourite videogame
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12
File: seedot reasons.png (26 KB, 357x233) Image search: [Google]
seedot reasons.png
26 KB, 357x233
ITT: Create a self imposed ruleset for your favourite videogame to make it more challenging

EG; Nuzlocke run in pokemon
>>
Dark Souls : The hot challenge

>Snort tabasco or the chili of your choice every time you die
>>
In any game where you can pick up the enemy's weapon, do so every time you kill them.
>>
>>336100619
owch

>>336100689
always enjoyed this idea.

Here comes my autism
Crash Bandicoot: Warped
Cougar-Sour Mode

This specific set of guidelines are a self-imposed ruleset to make Crash Bandicoot: Warped more challenging, fun and interesting.

1. The game is segmented into 4 main "playthroughs", Crystals, Gems, Relics, and Secret Warp-room(CGR-SWR short, pronounced Cougar-Sour)
2. As it is implied by each segment, you may only collect one type of collectible per "run"
3. If you accidentally earn one early; EG a Gem on the first Crystal Segment, start over.
3. At no point should you save your progress UNTIL you beat a segment.
4. If you game over; Start all over again.
5. Once you've completed the Crystals segment, you will proceed to earn as many Gems as possible in Warp-Room order, then rematch with that Warp Room's boss.
6. Since the Yellow Gem is only acquired through the Secret Warp Room, You'll have to earn it in the second warp room via exploiting the tornado spin at the end of the level (A video of this in action is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-spn9B-o5c )
7. Continue until Cortex is defeated again
8. Relic section is just like the Gem section, but you may only acquire Gold or higher. Repeat until you achieve above Sapphire for each warp room, rematch once again with each Boss
9. Once Cortex is again defeated, move on to the SWR Segment
10. You may now access the secret warp room, begin with gems, then relics, as previous segment rules apply.
11. Level 31 and 32, Eggipus Rex and Hot Coco are to be completed only in the SWR Segment
>>
File: X1Ch4-27.jpg (94 KB, 494x800) Image search: [Google]
X1Ch4-27.jpg
94 KB, 494x800
>>336100504
Megaman X 6:
>unarmored X
>no health upgrades
>only use parts when it's nessicary (Gate's stage 1)
>have dick stapled to chin
>>
Kirby Nuzlocke
>you can only pick up the first copy ability in any level
>death means resetting
>must discard copy ability at end of level
>no food allowed unless you win minigame at end of level (get to 1)
>>
File: job.jpg (922 KB, 1200x722) Image search: [Google]
job.jpg
922 KB, 1200x722
>FF Tactics: Rainbow Squad
>you can only play classes that have a color in their name
>>
>>336100836
>using copy abilities
fucking casual.
>>
>>336100950
Even in a locke you can use more than one polemon
>>
Eyetoy
>You have to contract parkinsons
>>
Dwarf Fortress:

No exploitable trading (foods, weapons, traps, things that are clearly broken)
No bridges anywhere except for mechanical purposes (ie no invulnerable walls around the fort but minecart gates with bridges is fine)
No Danger Rooms
You must tithe at least 100,000 dorfbux of goods to Mountainhome per year.
>>
SSX Tricky Bell Palsy run

You cannot use the right two bumpers for tricks
You cannot backflip
You cannot use Uber tricks after TRICKY has been filled
You must boost whenever you have TRICKY and you are not doing tricks
>>
>>336100689
I attempted this with MMX once, every time you beat a Robot Master use nothing but their weapon until the next stage. I hadn't decided what to do for Sigma's stages but it didn't matter since I never got that far; Spark Mandrill's stage is near-impossible; it's technically doable but it requires RNG regarding what the midboss drops, otherwise you run out of ammo or have to risk grinding enemies, which could put you in a deeper hole depending on RNG.

I did do a no-dash-upgrade run for the same game though using a code that skips Chill Penguin's stage without giving you the dash.
>>
Dark souls 3: Master Archer
>can only use bows, greatbows, and/or crossbows
>>
File: 1393792550018.gif (635 KB, 180x178) Image search: [Google]
1393792550018.gif
635 KB, 180x178
>>336101658
>>336101456
>>336100829
>>336100775
>>
human revolution

only allowed to kill/capacitate by throwing things at enemies.
>>
File: 1457748593087.gif (546 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1457748593087.gif
546 KB, 160x160
>>336100504
DROP SOULS - Every time you receive a new piece of gear (as a drop or pickup), you must discard the old piece of gear in that slot and equip and use the new one.

BADSHIDO BLADE - First person to die 25 times 'wins'. Players must constantly find unique ways to get themselves killed.

FINAL FANTASY XII DONE RIGHT - Assign each character a 'job' role that limits them to a part of the license board. Turn off all gambits. Set the game to pause on each turn upkeep. Play as, essentially, a turn-based game. Do not use quickenings.

PERSONA IN REAL LIFE - Align your actual Calendar with the first day of your Persona game. Play a single day of the game per single day of your life. YOU must do anything your character does in their social life--so if you talk to girls and go see a movie in Persona, you must do so in real life. Any time you go to a dungeon, you must work out IRL or go exploring somewhere local, ie: your own 'dungeon'. Map out friends in real life as 'SOCIAL LINKS', etc.

I dunno man I'm no good at this.
>>
>>336101997
>FINAL FANTASY XII DONE RIGHT - Assign each character a 'job' role that limits them to a part of the license board.
So just play the International version?
>>
Ratchet and Clank 2: Going Bromando

As soon as Challenge Mode starts, equip the Clank Zapper and use it as your primary weapon.
>>
>>336102086
But also the No Gambits, No Quickenings, play it turn-based.
But yeah. I never got the International version. :/
>>
>>336101997
>DROP SOULS

How would it work with weapons you don't have the stats for
>>
FFX

Don't use the sphere grid.
Don't use summons.
Don't use overdrives.
Regular attacks only.
Final destination.
>>
>>336102220
You have to use the shitty, fucked up weapon.
Obviously, you'd want to raise your DEX and STR fast.
>>
Bravely Default/Second: Classic Run

-No alternate second classes
-No personal abity usage
-Do not use Brave EVER.
-NEVER use Bravely Second if it can be avoided
-If you need to change classes, you can only do so at a city's Inn
>>
File: 1372755099684.gif (1 MB, 350x270) Image search: [Google]
1372755099684.gif
1 MB, 350x270
>>336100775
I think my favorite thing about this is the name you came up with
>>
Terrraria, no crafting
>>
>>336100504
I don't understand nuzlocke runs; I would just only ever use my starter pokemon just like most people normally play pokemon.

Only difference is I wouldn't be catching pokemon just to fill out my pokedex.
>>
File: 1460899539818.png (6 KB, 466x410) Image search: [Google]
1460899539818.png
6 KB, 466x410
>>336102790
When I first read it I thought it would be impossible, but you might actually be on to something.
>>
DEVIL MAY CRY: GIT GUD EDITION - you may only attack while airborne.
>>
FTL: Smugglers Run

>2 Crew members max (1 human and 1 non-human)
>Can only put upgrades into engine, piloting, drone control and hacking
>You can upgrade weapons but 5 power max
>Avoid distress signals whenever possible
>Run from all fights with manned ships, drones are fair game

You probably couldn't win against the flagship at the end, but meh.
>>
File: 1442906591569.webm (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1442906591569.webm
2 MB, 720x405
Besiege
You must base every machine off of a swastika in some way
>>
EVE Online

No sleeping allowed
>>
Rabi-Ribi, no Ribbon. If you skip Hammer Wave AND Carrot Bomb, then Ribbon can be used in the computer section only.
>>
Kingdom Hearts: Vanilla Icecream Edition
>No magic allowed in combat except blizzard.
>No healing magic ever.
>Only 3 recovery items can be held at any time.
>No Elixers.
>Donald and goofy get no held items or accessories
>No accessories on Sora.
>Kingdom key only.
>You may only fight with regular attacks and weapon skills like sonic blade.

Checklist.
>all keyholes
>All tournaments.
>Ice Titan
>Sephiroth
>Both secret bosses (you can use stop and the basic trio on phantom)
>Final boss
>You must beat the game before your Icecream melts.
>>
>>336101876
the dwarf fort one isn't even hard, it's just my personal house rules to keep it engaging since 40.xx versions and above are super easy.
>>
>>336103224
Here's an actual challenge for Besieged that I actually completed.

Beat the entire campaign with a single design.
>>
>>336100504

no items
fox only
final destination
>>
File: 1445576355676.gif (1015 KB, 190x180) Image search: [Google]
1445576355676.gif
1015 KB, 190x180
>>336103748
>>
>>336102315
Still possible
>>
File: 01.jpg (143 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
143 KB, 1024x768
nsgnsncnonennenbb
kill penance
>>
In the new hitman I like to use Only the item that I have in my hand, don't put it away and if I throw it or use it on someone I have to drop it and can't use it again
>>
>>336102315
I got half way through the game without sphere grid because I didn't realize levels and stats and shit for tied to it. I figured you just leveled up normally like any other rpg.

Fuck man. I remember the game being really challenging up to the point I realized my mistake.

and yes, I was a retard.
>>
File: 1461222658742.jpg (25 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
1461222658742.jpg
25 KB, 500x367
>>336100775
>sour-cougar
This man is completely serious
>>
>>336100504
>Touhou
You're only allowed to move left and right
No Y axis.
>>
File: file.png (3 MB, 1000x1356) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3 MB, 1000x1356
I've been trying to beat Link's Awakening without picking up the sword in the game's intro, but I've learned a couple things:

1.) Most bosses I've fought can't be harmed without the sword, causing me to grab a dungeon's item and leave for the next one.
2.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3VXcML6Hf0&feature=share never stops playing except for during boss fights.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.