[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So can I play this from the get go or do I need to have played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (195 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195 KB, 1920x1080
So can I play this from the get go or do I need to have played the first three to really enjoy it?

I didn't like TLoU. Felt like it tried too hard to be mature "oscar bait" type story and grounded difficulty was a total chore, but I hear Uncharted is much more lax and enjoyable
>>
The collection is fun i guess(if you wanna play those), but id say its better if you just watch a walkthrough of the games, or some kind of video that explains they the points/characters of the game. In short its best if you go in with a decent amount of knowledge of the previous 3 titles.
>>
>>336005095
It's not something where you need to know the exact plot points of the previous games to understand, you won't be lost about where the story is going or anything, each game is a self contained adventure. But you won't have any idea about the characters, so stuff won't have nearly as much weight and you won't get any in-jokes or references.

Imagine watching The Last Crusade without ever having seen Raiders of the Lost Ark. That might not be the best example because Uncharted has more recurring characters......

I suggest you play them, they're cheap and not too long. 1 is pretty dated but still charming, 2 is a master peice and 3 is great in some areas but flawed in others. Or just watch them on YouTube if you don't care about playing and just want the story.

As for gameplay it is much different to TLoU, well as different as it can be in the "cinematic TPS genre". Story is much more lighthearted and stealth is sometimes an option but not the main focus. You move fast, you now down dozens of bad guys and everything follows an exaggerated version of our world, people survive explosions and massive falls, massive temples that would in no way hold together exist everywhere etc.... Quite different to TLoU which tried to be realistic and grounded.

Here's some gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_soGNaCrRiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaIymapiq0
>>
>>336005095
>didn't like TLoU
Welp, you might as well just quit video games.
>>
>>336005850
Nah thats fair enough, I hated TLOU but uncharted is one of my favourite franchises
>>
>>336005095
Uncharted is Indiana Jones, while TLoU is Children of Men. They are largely different other than being action games.

Also, if you thought grounded was a chore, you're going to have a blast with Crushing.
>>
>>336005907
Seriously, if you didn't like TLoU, you just hate gaming and anything with a narrative in general.
>>
>>336005935
They added a new difficulty? Or is Crushing for Uncharted?
>>
>>336005693
>>336005789
That's good. I also got Rise of the Tomb Raider but with all the scavenging stuff and tombs being out of the way and incredibly short, I got bored and had to force myself to finish it
>>
>>336006095
Crushing is for Uncharted and most people can't even beat the original Uncharted on Crushing.
>>
>>336006852
>even
the original Uncharted was by far the hardest one
>>
>>336005947
alot of people here wont allow themselves to like it because muh SJW DLC
>>
>>336006852
The ps4 collection added "Brutal" which is even harder. I think the trophy (not required for Platnium) has a whopping 0.7% completion rate or something).

>>336007141
> the blue room

Satan apperently did an internship at ND for a week and designed that section. Fuck, I was stuck for days until I read about the cheese.
>>
>>336005947
I didn't like it because of the hype surrounding it. It's a good game, but it isn't great or worthy of all the praise it got. Solid 7 out of 10 like uncharted.

I didn't find the story to much to write home about either.

I may be salty, but that's just me.
>>
>>336008171
Got it, you don't like it because other people do.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.