[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Man's Sky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
All the threads I see about No Man's Sky have shitty OPs, so I'm making my own.

ITT: We discuss our speculation, skepticism, or cautious optimism surrounding this game. Or whatever it is you prefer.

Personally, I understand people's criticisms of NMS before release, but going off of only what I've seen shown of the game so far, I'm reasonably sure that I'll have a good time with it. I'm very curious to see what the center of the galaxy is all about at least.

The $60 price tag definitely gives me pause (I certainly won't be pre-ordering), but I have a feeling they wouldn't have made it full price if they didn't have some level of confidence that this game is a level of quality beyond the typical indie fare. Then again, that could just be part of the smoke and mirrors, right? We'll see.
>>
My expectations are in check and I'm not anticipating to do EVERYTHING EVER IMAGINABLE. Ever since playing Ratchet and Clank 1 and seeing distant planets in the sky I always wanted to just fly to them in real time. If I can play an hour or two ever day or so then I would be fine paying 60 for it.
>>
>>335737073
That's pretty much where I'm at.
Ever since Spore I've known better than to take the hype train all the way up to the second sphincter.

I know how these procedural space games are, but this is looking to be a pretty exceptional one.
>>
>Imagine the glorious future of /v/
>NMS has come out. People make threads to post images of cool shit they found in the game having a fun time.
>You get that one guy who streams the fact he never left his first planet and it's taking months to walk completely around it
>Another streamer is making it to the center of the galaxy w/o landing on any planets
>Images of dinosaurs, cute penguins, and cthulu monsters
>/v/ shitposters keep memeing muh 6 pallet swaps and keep trying to turn NMS into Tortanic
>Mods filter "Literally anything" into "desu senpai"
>What a great time to be alive
>>
>>335738307
>>You get that one guy who streams the fact he never left his first planet and it's taking months to walk completely around it
If I get lucky and land on a tropical planet then this will be me.
>>
I feel like people could satisfy their interest in this game with Outer Wilds (literally free).

All the fun of real-time space travel, with no pointless grinding or endless procedural generation.
>>
I have exactly zero expectations, so even if it turns out to be just "okay" I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'll probably wait until it's cheaper though
>>
Honest question, what exactly do you do in this game? Like I know you fly around and explore space, but is that it? Can you do anything once you find a planet you like?
>>
>>335741785
>Honest question, what exactly do you do in this game?
Nothing. You look at the orange dinosaur on the planet with the green trees, then you go to the planet with the blue trees and look at the pink dinosaur.

>Like I know you fly around and explore space, but is that it?
Yes, that's it.

>Can you do anything once you find a planet you like?
No. Except look at it.
>>
I'm going to become a universe renown ship thief, stealing ships from their captains after hiding in their cargo and then coming out like an angel of death to slaughter the crew and to offer the captain one choice: your ship

or your life
>>
>>335741785
craft weapons using the planet's unique fauna and plant life, trade with alien NPCs, discover Monoliths that unlock more of a species language, upgrade your suit to last longer in harsher environments and upgrade your ship so you can warp to distant star systems. The map shows a gps line that guides you to the center of the galaxy which is your main goal in the game.
>>
>>335741785
Hunt for materials and fuel. Learn alien languages to interact with the NPCs. Go through portals that take you to other planets. Fight sentinels and creatures. Trade at trade stations. Fly around and look at shit. Catalogue species. Dig around for caves. Swim and look for sunken loot.

And I bet there's at least one or two things they're hiding when it comes to the overall progression.
>>
File: 1384022736331.png (46 KB, 489x479) Image search: [Google]
1384022736331.png
46 KB, 489x479
>>335742071
This would be so much better with actual multiplayer
>>
>>335742456
thats still a possibility
>>
>>335741886
>No. Except look at it.
That's not true though, you can dig and find materials to build a better ship and a better gun so you can go to another, further away and more dangerous planet to look at it

Fucking game changer right there

that is sarcasm
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.