[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda NX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78
File: image.jpg (321 KB, 1024x1415) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
321 KB, 1024x1415
I'm more of a Zelda fan than I am a Nintendo fan. I care deeply about Zelda.

Nintendo's ignorance and hubris is hurting them, and inadvertently hurting Zelda as well. By only showing Zelda on the E3 showfloor, they risk the negativity surrounding their brand bleeding onto Zelda to create some lackluster first impressions. You know what the theme of this E3 will be for Nintendo?

>"Yeah, Zelda was really great, but...

You can't put that much pressure on one game and it makes me sad they're handling it so poorly.

That being said, we're fucking finally getting a Zelda information blowout, boys. For those of us that have been painfully waiting it's finally f i n a l l y time. It's hard to feel positive with all the negativity, but this is a thread for Zelda fans to get hyped in.

Discussion questions:

>What do you want to see implemented in Zelda the most?

>Do you think they'll provide a playable demo for all Wii U owners as a positive gesture since there aren't any other games coming out this year?

>What it your biggest worry or concern about the upcoming Zelda?

>Given 10 points to distribute, how would you spread them out between exploration, puzzles, and combat to create a good balance for this game?

All hope isn't lost. Expect shitposters in this thread, don't indulge them.
>>
It better be some good fucking information
It's just a glorified Nintendo Direct at this point
>>
>>335854659
I'm concerned that there isn't anything they can really do to surprise us in a good way with this title. I really hope it has something actually groundbreaking to it.
>>
>>335853896
Better item integration, would love to see more items effect both the enviornment and enemies.
Items used for combat have become diminished in each console release and I want to see that reversed

>Do you think they'll provide a playable demo for all Wii U owners as a positive gesture since there aren't any other games coming out this year?

That's a good joke, although It'd be bitchin if it happened.

It's not so much a worry as it is a certainty
With as ambitious as this project is I can guarantee it's going to run shitty on the older hardware, the newer platform will outshine it of course but the problem here is the amount of people being screwed into buying the newer platform if they want the definitive experience.

It's just bad business practice.

>Given 10 points to distribute, how would you spread them out between exploration, puzzles, and combat to create a good balance for this game?

That's a dumb way of putting things. I just want exploration and combat to be the focus here puzzles are secondary and should compliment the exploration not saturate it.

I'd rather they have more world building.
>>
>>335854984
just wanted to elaborate, When I say combat needs to be a focus I don't mean for it to be really deep or anything, it just needs to be satisfying.

Windwaker is a pretty good example it's more or less OOT with some flourish and parries and worked with the games enemies.

TP could've lived up to that but the enemies with a couple of exceptions made little use of the moves gained throughout the game which made them feel really superfluous
>>
FINALLY, it's almost like we don't get fucking zeldas every two years. Based Nintendo thank you for another Zelda game finally.
>>
Some kind of evolution for an stagnated series, no gimmicks.
Ha ha ha ha ha, no. We're talking about Nintendo, the master of censorship and fucking around their customers with shittie hardware.
How they will fuck it up so much that SS will be considered a good game.
I want the proper original The Legend of Zelda sequel so
1 to puzzles, pushing blocks and breaking fake walls should be enough.
5 to exploration but no modern open world, fuck that, I want the original The Legend of Zelda open world, you against the entire world but this is a modern game so add some sidequests.
4 to combat, everything is viable in the original The Legend of Zelda, I want that in 3D
>>
>>335855958
>5 to exploration but no modern open world, fuck that, I want the original The Legend of Zelda open world, you against the entire world but this is a modern game so add some sidequests.

How is that not a modern open world game exactly?
>>
I think its sad that, as a huge zelda fan, i just dont care. TP and SS ruined my hopes for 3d zelda
>>
>>335853896
They keep repeating the same formula with their 3D Zelda games.
Only way I'd slightly care about this game is if they come up with something new.
TP was incredibly boring and SS was more of the same.
>>
Who gives a shit what retard journos have to say?
>>
I just don't want it to be another patronizing experience like SS was. I want things like upgrades and new abilities to feel like they serve a purpose. And I want them to stop with the cutscenes and long openings.

My main worry is that the game will just fall into the same exact traps all of the other Zelda games do. That the end result, despite the open world, will just be yet another formulaic experience that's too afraid to do new things or have any true depth.
>>
ZELDA

SOULS

CROSSOVER
>>
>>335857194
What exactly are you looking for when you mean depth though, that always seems to be an issue.
>>
>>335853896
here's E3 2016 for you:

>50 threads a day about a video showing 5-10 mins of gameplay
>40% nitpicks the graphics by pointing at blades of grass and shout game mechanics have been dumbed down for the most casual Zelda ever
>40% blindly builds hype as the greatest Zelda ever, like they did with Skyward Sword
>20% laugh at some unexpected dumb shit like horrible voice acting or a dopey looking enemy
>>
>>335857347
Take the last couple Zeldas, SS and TP, for example. They both introduce a lot of interesting little systems that could have made the player have to think about things a lot more. TP had all sorts of combat techniques, but then the enemies are all pushovers so most of them you don't need, or there's just one or two that are so overpowered you use them in every situation because they're so effective. A wider variety of enemies that require different techniques, or that change behaviors and require to you keep up, or even just cases where the tools you find in dungeons can aid you in combat. Stuff like that.

Or the stuff like upgrading items or the stamina bar in SS. Both of those could have really changed things up but they wind up having a very minuscule effect, all things considered. Stamina is mostly just a timer on running. Upgrading items is mostly unnecessary since a lot of them are as good as they need to be as soon as you get them, and most of them typically only serve one purpose anyway.
>>
>>335854984
>>335855484
Pretty much exactly my thoughts. I don't really see graphics being better on the NX with how the game is cellshaded, but if we get framerate issues that aren't in the NX and/or extra features on the NX, I'm going to feel really screwed over. I'll be fine if the Wii U manages to stay at a locked 30fps and there's no extra features on the NX.

It'd be a good move on nintendo's part to make both versions the exact same but I can't see them doing that.
>>

Female protagonist as an option

No

Bad Skyward Sword features

5 - exploration
2 - puzzles
3 - combat
>>
>>335857994
I agree with your points a lot actually, but this opens up the issue of combat becoming tedious if not implemented properly. Hopefully if items are more useful it'd be less of a worry. WW's light arrows are a decent example of a work around. Instakills that eliminate tedium but should be used sparingly.

Stamina is one of the things I actually really liked about SS and an expansion would be really appreciated. I would love to see upgrades mean more too, although I did find a lot of the upgrades in SS to be pretty practical (IE beetle,satchels,shields etc.)
>>
>80 percent of it is Zelda U information
>10 percent will be Tanabe damage controlling Federation Force and Color Splash
>5 percent will be Nindies
>The other 5 percent will be amiibo and mobile games
>>
>>335858392
>Female protagonist as an option
Thanks for reporting it, neofag.
>>
>>335853896
My biggest worry, as with every new Nintendo game, is Nintendo developers are generally in a bubble until they reveal the project, which on recent years is right before release. Any criticism waved at the project is swept under the rug because it's too close to release and it's rarely fixed.

We've seen them take the criticism on board and fix it in Super Mario Maker, but with a game like Zelda that it's unlikely to have the community feel that game had, I'm worried it will end up like Xenoblade X, Triforce Heroes, Kirby RC, Star Fox Zero, and various WiiU and 3DS games, in that they're good, but with baffling design choices that if there were more time between the reveal and release, they could have taken fan criticism on board and fixed the game.

In general, I'd like to see Nintendo reveal games sooner, and distribute fan feedback forms through my Nintendo or something.
>>
>>335858390
Cel shading is the least of the wii u's worries
Most of the processing power is probably being used for physics if the demo's anything to go by.
And we all know how the WiiU can be with open world games
>>
After seeing the state HWL was released in, I wouldn't be surprised if the WiiU version runs at 20fps capped
>>
>>335860138
If you're playing on the old 3ds sure, It plays perfectly fine otherwise. Besides Koei was the ones developing it.

If anything they'll probably just scale everything back so it runs decently
>>
>tfw i've already played WW and TP so I still haven't bought a wii u
price drop fucking when

>tfw NX will be coming right after the new Zelda so i still won't want a wii u
>>
>>335859419
Stay salty, neckbeard.
>>
>>335853896
Spells like in Zelda II. More creative uses for Magic in general.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Mario & Sonic, and Color Splash are coming out this year, but I get your point. Yeah, a demo would be nice. However, I think they're going to just leave it at Best Buy events as usual.

That the overworld is not populated with enough enemies and cool stuff.

Exploration: 5
Combat: 3
Puzzles: 2

I'd rather fight stuff and bomb walls for secrets than do more "Shoot the eye on the wall" and "Slowly push the block" puzzles.
>>
File: 1255.jpg (40 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
1255.jpg
40 KB, 300x360
>>335853896

>tfw you've always wanted to play a Zelda game, but you've never owned a Nintendo console
>>
>>335860681
emulators, son
>>
>>335860681
You can pretty easily emulate most of the series, man. The only ones you'd be missing would be the 3DS ones, and I guess Skyward Sword since it requires a weird peripheral but that one's worth passing up anyway.
>>
>>335853896
First question: exploration
Second question: I hope not
Third question: my biggest worry is that it will be too small/empty/uninteresting
Fourth question: exploration 6
Combat 2
Puzzles 2
>>
>>335860681
You can easily emulate. Good ones to start off with are Oracles of Seasons/Ages (More people prefer Link's Awakening though, more bosses). I also really think A Link To The Past is always a must try though. People seem to hate it a lot on this board though.
>>
>>335862250
>people hating on ATTP

Don't you mean ALBW?

Not that it's anymore valid they're both amazing games.
>>
File: 1451626505138.jpg (7 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
1451626505138.jpg
7 KB, 250x247
I've always had an idea for a zelda game that it's set in the big war for the golden power and you use a self created character to fight and do shit in it. I'd hoped it be quest and stuff and not like hyrule warriors. Would you play?
>>
>>335860681

Emulate in this order imo

1) LttP
2) Awakening
3) Seasons
4) Ages
5) OoT
6) MM

Then buy a 3DS and get LBW.

You can skip the Oracle series if you want to jump straight to the 3D ones
>>
>>335862476
>I want a fire emblem with puzzles
>>
>>335860681

Almost every convention that makes Zelda, Zelda began in LTTP or OoT. They're both must plays, it blows you away when you see how many of the series conventions, even things as small as angry cuckoos began in LTTP
>>
File: 51XER4QT97L.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51XER4QT97L.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
>>335857215
There ya go.
>>
File: Zelda-Wii-U-1024x576.png (665 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Zelda-Wii-U-1024x576.png
665 KB, 1024x576
>>335853896
>TLZ: devianart edition
I hope they change his shitty design.
>>
If you only care about Zelda, then why are you mad they are delaying it instead of rushing it?
>>
File: linku.jpg (37 KB, 600x565) Image search: [Google]
linku.jpg
37 KB, 600x565
>>335853896
>>What do you want to see implemented in Zelda the most?
Voice acting, customizable Link including gender option, a good story, focus on exploration, and post-game content that can keep me playing after I beat the main game.

>>Do you think they'll provide a playable demo for all Wii U owners as a positive gesture since there aren't any other games coming out this year?
No. It would be nice though, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

>>What it your biggest worry or concern about the upcoming Zelda?
Forced gimmick controls (I didn't mind SS sword controls, but holy shit that wiimote swimming).

>>Given 10 points to distribute, how would you spread them out between exploration, puzzles, and combat to create a good balance for this game?

exploration:4
puzzles:3
combat:3
>>
>>335862897
>dat boxart

remember when this was the worst thing nintendo ever did with the zelda franchise? it's really not that bad now
>>
>>335860341
I imagine the "perfectly fine" version will in fact be the NX version.

Besides, Nintendo still let it be released in that state
>>
>>335863267
> worst thing nintendo ever did with the zelda franchise
> Link in Soul Calibur 2

That was probably the best decision Nintendo ever did with Zelda regarding third parties.

And also let Capcom handle the Oracle series.
>>
>>335863172
>customizable Link including gender option
the most I could settle for his customizable hair and clothes options like with Geralt in TW3
>>
>>335863267
wait this was considered bad?

It may be due to the fact that I was in HS at the time but everyone thought it was fucking awesome and people were salty about spawn and heiachi
>>
first question: atmospheric and creative npc side quests better than MM's.
second question:probably not.
third question: overall lamness of characters and story and a bland, empty world, just like skyward sword's.
exploration: 4
puzzles: 3
combat: 3
>>
I'm just pissed they're delaying this to pad out their NX release, after this I'm done with Nintendo for a long time. I just hope Nintendo doesn't shit all over me one last time and Zelda U turns out garbage. At least Zelda games also have nothing to censor so NoA can't ruin this like every other Nintendo game lately.
>>
>>335863435
nope, I remember the same thing. Everyone was of the opinion that GC got it best with the exclusive character because Link was an actual iconic rep of the consoles brand
>>
>>335863506
2bh of the games that good I'd probably double dip
>>
>>335863267
Are you kidding? This was a great decision for both companies, not only did it hype up sales for the GameCube version of Soul Calibur 2 but it got a heck of a lot of people interested in the Soul Calibur Series in general.
>>
>>335862681
>You can skip the Oracle series
But they're the best ones!
>>
>>335863435
>everyone thought it was fucking awesome

It WAS fucking awesome.

Link >>>>>>> Spawn > Heihachi
>>
>>335858392
>>335860498
>Female protagonist as an option
I really don't understand this. What would this even change about Zelda other than Aesthetics
>>
>>335853896
>I'm more of a Zelda fan than I am a Nintendo fan.
This sums up my situation with Metroid and the only reason I've owned Ninty handheld consoles

I really just want them to never touch my favorite IPs again or sell them to someone who'll do them justice. Fuck modern Nintendo
>>
>>335863686
Yeah then Namco cucked everyone by making SCIII a PS2 exclusive.
>>
>>335863267
>worst thing nintendo ever did with the zelda franchise

It's the whole reason why I got into Soul Calibur in the first place.

And of course, I got the gamecube version. So that benefited both companies.
>>
>>335863883
At least you aren't a F-Zero of SF fan.
>>
File: N.jpg (170 KB, 672x960) Image search: [Google]
N.jpg
170 KB, 672x960
>>335862909

;^)
>>
>>335864019
Probably because Sony coughed up a good chunk of money for an exclusivity deal
>>
>>335862681
Different guy here I only played the 2D Zeldas how are 3D like?
>>
>they still have hope for a great Zelda game

The last decade taught you nothing you dumbshits. It's game over.
>>
File: Link_2016.png (249 KB, 500x507) Image search: [Google]
Link_2016.png
249 KB, 500x507
>>335863868
>What would this even change

You'd prefer if games like the Elder Scrolls, Fall Out, or Dark Souls not have a gender option?

Remember: options are always nice. Especially when the MC is supposed to be your avatar.
>>
>>335864193
OoT and MM are great. Wind waker is decent. TP and SS are bad
This is a fact
>>
>>335864263
the maximum amount of customization link should ever have is his name and equipment
>>
>>335864193
Despite the popular opinion they're pretty similar, more focus on enviormental puzzles and combat that takes advantage of 3 dimensional space but overall very similar in structure.
>>
File: gold.jpg (329 KB, 672x960) Image search: [Google]
gold.jpg
329 KB, 672x960
>>335864121
Pretty good but needs more gold.
>>
File: 1452807444752.jpg (773 KB, 868x1292) Image search: [Google]
1452807444752.jpg
773 KB, 868x1292
Will she be back?
>>
>>335864581
thats the na cover
>>
>>335864602
Aonuma said she may be, do to her popularity both outside and inside the company.
>>
>>335864365
And tits.
>>
>>335856485

Same, basically.
Hope for the best, expect the worst.
>>
File: ezgif-2370808635.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-2370808635.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>335864835
Did he recently say this, or was this back when Twilight Princess originally came out?
>>
>>335864193
yeah play oot then mm. ww is ok and looks nice
>>
>>335864365

Yea that's fucking boring.
>>
>>335865053
back when Zelda wiiU was announced
>>
File: link_and_bunny_link.jpg (86 KB, 500x581) Image search: [Google]
link_and_bunny_link.jpg
86 KB, 500x581
>>335864365
> the maximum amount of customization link should ever have is his name and equipment

> Remember: options are always nice. Especially when the MC is supposed to be your avatar.
>>
>>335864365
I would accept hairstyle, but only if the hairstyles were based upon previous versions of Link
>>
>>335864121
Fuck the internet is quick
>>
>>335864365
I'm not even convinced you play as link in this game anyway.
Nothing we've seen points to the MC being link.
We haven't seen the master sword, he's not wearing his signature green tunic or hat, and he's riding a brown horse.

A BROWN HORSE, meaning not epona.

I think having customization, including gender, would be OK for this particular zelda game. But any other Zelda game wouldn't be able to get away with it.
>>
>>335865053
Not him, but he said that a long-ass time ago. And I think we've already seen that happen through Hyrule Warriors.
>>
>>335853896

>nintendo makes a new console after the last one fails miserably
>only games for it will be half-assed 1st nintoddler ips bilking off the nostalgia of its manchild fanbase

Sorry but not interested in playing more mario, zelda, samus rehashes. That's literally all nintendo has and it's fucking getting old.
>>
Does anybody have the screencap of the OP that stated that he had played a game demo and reported how it was.
He literally described the perfect Zelda game
>>
>>335865908
You know despite being a blue eyed blonde it's totally not link.
>>
>>335865908
>A BROWN HORSE, meaning not epona.
Iwata and Aonuma called the horse epona. It could be a fake-out, but why? Maybe epona is brown now.
>>
>>335866161
Gee, don't you feel like a big man stating that for the whole world to see.
>>
File: 1460415296615.gif (408 KB, 383x322) Image search: [Google]
1460415296615.gif
408 KB, 383x322
>>335865908
> Customization is okay as long as it's not Link

You realize every Link is a different reincarnation right? SS confirmed this, and nothing in SS says Link can't reincarnate into a female.

Gender options would still fit the lore.
>>
>>335866201
>Iwata and Aonuma
...sorry, Miyamoto and Aonuma. Iwata was busy.
>>
Honestly the thing I want the most is if they want to make the dungeons around one item like in ALBW, I don't want the picture of the item displayed in the gates of the dungeon, but a clue to what to use, like a tree in front of an out-of-reach door to use the hookshot or something similar.
>>
>>335854659
That's what like the past 3 Nintendo E3s have been to be fair
>>
>>335866268

feeling like a man is something that's foreign to nintoddler fans, so no surprise that you view it as a negative.

Enjoy super mario world 3 HD remake with added bonus content* (that'll be 70 plus dollars, sir)

*bonus content not included in final game must be purchased separately online*
>>
>>335864263
>You'd prefer if games like the Elder Scrolls, Fall Out, or Dark Souls not have a gender option?
Zelda isn't an RPG with an empty vessel. Even Link has little personality traits depending on its incarnation.
>>
>People expressing concern about Epona
>Implying they won't ditch her equine ass once they get the plane.
>>
>>335853896
you think you had it bad with waiting for a delayed game? Try being a Pikmin fan. Pikmin 3 was delayed for close to 9 years, get over it.
>>
>>335866185
Unless you are implying anyone with blonde hair and blue eyes is Link, you might want to rethink that argument. He could very easily be a relative of Link like Aryll or Gully.
Link isn't even always blonde , he had pink hair once and that weird ginger-brown color like 3 times.

>>335866338
It's just that Link is such an Iconic character, making him/her customizable would be borderline heresy.
It could fit the lore that link be female and they could get away with it pretty easily since, as you said, it's not the same link every time, while with Mario or Fox for instance, it is, but I still think it would be to "weird" for most Zelda fans and would only pander to the "what if zelda was a girl" """""fans""""" of the series.
>>
>>335866968
The point is reincarnation is a thing that happens and doesn't strictly adhere to those set in the past.
We have Demise to thank for that.
>>
>>335866541
Upboated xD
>>
File: Link_Overworld_LoZ.jpg (174 KB, 662x615) Image search: [Google]
Link_Overworld_LoZ.jpg
174 KB, 662x615
>>335866968
>he had pink hair once and that weird ginger-brown color like 3 times.
Non canon. Even the earlier games have dirt blond Link
>>
>>335864135
I think the real reason was because the game was too big to fit on a GC disc and the game sold like shit on the OG Xbox.

Back in the PS2 days Sony never had to pay for exclusivity like they do now.
>>
>>335866626
>Zelda isn't an RPG with an empty vessel.

"Link" basically is though.

The most he's ever shown even a tiny slither of personality Toon Link. And maybe TP Link, but only because of his expressions sometimes.
>>
>>335857538
the lack of replies proves that you're absolutely right.
>>
File: image.png (855 KB, 1125x2001) Image search: [Google]
image.png
855 KB, 1125x2001
>>335866173
Was this the start of it?
>>
>>335867254
I'll never understand this notion, Link is expressive as fuck in TP and SS, I'm convinced either people didn't play them or have been brainwashed by the avatar meme.
>>
>>335867254
>"Link" basically is though.
Hasn't been for a while.
>The most he's ever shown even a tiny slither of personality Toon Link. And maybe TP Link, but only because of his expressions sometimes.
Since WW every 3D Link has shown personality, and not only that, a particular place in the story beyond "you are a mysterious stranger that is involved with the story for some reason" like those rpgs.
Unlike RPGs, you don't get to choose Link's story, but to follow it. The experience in Zelda is even less personal than the Witcher.
>>
>>335867170
I was going to ask how LttP is not canon but I'm sure there's a reason I just don't know.

I know that sounded sarcastic but I'm serious because when I looked up Lttp link I got results for dirty blonde and pink hair so I'm just not sure anymore.
>>
>>335867371
So skyrim zelda edition

I'll just go get the noose ready.
>>
File: image.png (319 KB, 1125x2001) Image search: [Google]
image.png
319 KB, 1125x2001
>>335866173
Part 2
>>
>>335866968
>It's just that Link is such an Iconic character, making him/her customizable would be borderline heresy.

Link's treatment in general is dumb as fuck because he was created to be a player stand in but now he's so well known in his own right that no one ever dares to consider that he actually behave like a player stand in.

As a result, he gets neither the benefits of being a customizable avatar, nor the benefits of being a unique and fully fleshed out character. He's just a nothing in a famous hat.
>>
>>335867371
Nah man, but thanks anyway.
the OP was talking about how he played like a "demo" of the game,
Stating that the soellbook was the main item and contained the menus, maps and inventory, and also your magic spells of course.

He also talked a bit about the overworld and that there would be masks and lots of clothing. Also statet that the special attacks from TP were back and that combat was much better, and enemies actually were challenging to some extent.

Oh and he said that you could mount different creatures... That including flying ones.
>>
>>335867712
Oh! I think I know the one you're talking about. Let me check
>>
File: 1444854748427.png (46 KB, 225x220) Image search: [Google]
1444854748427.png
46 KB, 225x220
>>335867371
>story is cryptic
I don't believe a single word but I'd hate them for thinking this is good. I like my Zelda stories to be explicit and fun with special lore details for the longtime fans.
If I have to deal with another MGSV where the story is barely there I'm gonna scream Rape until they arrest all of the Dark Souls fans for feeding Nintendo with that bullshit.
>>
>>335867802
>Story is cryptic
Metroid Prime did this amazingly well though.
>>
File: 9267577800_92789cff11_o.png (4 MB, 1740x1488) Image search: [Google]
9267577800_92789cff11_o.png
4 MB, 1740x1488
>>335867563
>I was going to ask how LttP is not canon but I'm sure there's a reason I just don't know.
Because his hair isn't actually pink in canon.
>>
>>335867802
No way, man. Last thing I want is for them to keep wasting time on long cutscenes when the plot is the same shit as last time. Less plot and more lore would be the best thing to happen to Zelda's story.
>>
>>335867869
The best part of Metroid Prime was reading about how everyone was scared shitless of Samus.
>>
>>335866968
Which Link is iconic? OoT Adult Link? Toon Link? This new Link with no hat or green clothes? Link is always changing.

Mario is an icon, Sonic is icon, "Link" is an icon. But while Mario and Sonic are iconic characters, it's the idea of Link that's iconic. A hero clad in green with a sword on a journey to save the princess and Hyrule (although he's a hero clad in blue now).

Which makes me wonder...if people are worried about giving Link gender options because "he's iconic", why don't they complain about him not wearing any classic "Link" attire whatsoever? Attire that's iconic?

With Nintendo saying Link is supposed to be a "link" to the player, a avatar; AND that it fits into Zelda lore because of SS...there's no reason not too.
>>
>>335867869
I've personally never liked Metroid Prime that much.
I'm 100% a Zelda kid, and while I like the gameplay described in those screenshots, I love stories in Zelda games. For that matter I love stories in games, they give me a special kind of motivation to move the story foward. When I was playing TP in high school I started from 8pm to 6am because I wanted to see what would happen next.
>>
I have hope for the game.
Delay means, "fuck dat Wii U we made great game don't put it on that shit console!".

There's a part of me that thinks Nintendo will surprise everybody with the NX, at least I'm hoping so. If they have a normal controller and good specs they'll get some third party and good no gimmicks first party.
>>
>>335867975
>The best part of Metroid Prime was reading about how everyone was scared shitless of Samus.
I'm not entirely sure if I remember this.
Could you refresh my memory?
>>
>>335867967
>No way, man. Last thing I want is for them to keep wasting time on long cutscenes when the plot is the same shit as last time. Less plot and more lore would be the best thing to happen to Zelda's story.
God no. I want my cutscenes, even if they are in real time gameplay, I don't give a fuck. I want the extra lore everywhere but I also want an actual story. I love Zelda characters, without cutscenes it would be just meh.
>>
>>335868356
I'm pretty sure it won't ditch cutscenes.
>>
>>335868327
Perhaps I'm misremembering but I could swear every now and then when you analyzed the logs/computer info there would be entries about everyone panicking about Samus' rampage and how she was breezing through everything so they had to keep adding security measures and steal her tech.
>>
>>335868267
This is a controversial opinion but I think delaying Zelda to the NX is one of the best decisions Nintendo could make. Having it as a launch title will be a system seller.

If they announced backwards compatibility for all Wii U games as well then they'll get a lot of people that were waiting to get a Wii U, too.
>>
>>335868595
Oh yeah! I think this was more prominent in prime 2 though. They were also quite funny.
>>
Part of me wants a female Link just to see you faggots sperg about it.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (215 KB, 724x541) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
215 KB, 724x541
>>335868146
>Which makes me wonder...if people are worried about giving Link gender options because "he's iconic", why don't they complain about him not wearing any classic "Link" attire whatsoever? Attire that's iconic?

That's the point though, His attire is one of his most defining features, as well as the master sword and Epona and he doesn't have any of those. That's why I don't believe the person you posted is Link. This Link NOT having any of the few traits every link shares is a pretty big part of my argument.

There is very little about him that is Iconic, his tunic, the master sword, the triforce of courage, Epona, blonde hair and blue eyes, and this link only has two of those.

I guess having Link be customizable wouldn't be THAT bad because he doesn't have one specific look but when you can remove the few identifying traits he has can you really call him Link anymore?
>>
>>335867869
>had to stop and read every single box in the game
>amazingly well

im just going to say is a matter of taste and what are you looking for in a game.
>>
>>335869445
I'm 100% sure Link will have the Master Sword and a green garb but even then you should keep in mind most Links don't have Epona or the MS.
>>
>>335869445
Should it matter if he's called link anymore to begin with?

You play the hero, you go dungeon crawling, you walk to the fucking mountains end of story.
>>
>>335869709
>>335869830
I wonder if Nintendo had this very same conversation about NSMBU, and thus upon release the option to play as a Mii in the story mode vanished.
>>
File: 1429640748678.jpg (34 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1429640748678.jpg
34 KB, 640x512
>>335859246
Take 10 points away from Zelda to focus on the 3DS library and you're all set.

At least it'll be a hundred times better than last year's presentation, anyway.
>>
File: Untitled.png (13 KB, 312x247) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13 KB, 312x247
>>335869709
>most Links don't have Epona or the MS
This is true, but the more well known links have at least one of those.

>>335869830
It really doesn't, I have no issue if I'm right about the Zeldu protag NOT being Link. In fact, I think a Zelda game where you don't play as Link would be a nice breath of fresh air.

Fuck, I actually made an autistic post on Miiverse about a zelda game where you play as Ganondorf.
>>
>>335870183
Wind Waker was the ''not really Link'' game anon.
>>
>>335870183
>a zelda game where you play as Ganondorf.
I want this so much. A linear modern Beat'em up that plays brutally would feel so good but Nintendo will never do it. I guess I have to replay GoW.
>>
>>335869830
You kind of give him a name every game desu
>>
File: 598.png (739 KB, 600x829) Image search: [Google]
598.png
739 KB, 600x829
>>335870448
You know what I mean,
>>
>>335862476
>Would you play?
Fuck no
>>
>>335856485
This.
And I expect them to shit out another recycled mess like they did last year to tide us over with. I'll take no Zelda this year over another shitty title.
>>
>>335868356
You could still have characters to talk to but I don't want to see through an hour+ long opening just to set up some shit that could have been set up in 15 minutes.
>>
File: 1429587339279.jpg (31 KB, 252x496) Image search: [Google]
1429587339279.jpg
31 KB, 252x496
>>335863172
>Voice acting, customizable Link including gender option
>>
>>335859851
>In general, I'd like to see Nintendo reveal games sooner, and distribute fan feedback forms through my Nintendo or something.

One of the problems with Zelda Wii U is the game getting revealed so early though. People are fed up with waiting and expectations are clearly not going to be met.
>>
>>335871150
>but I don't want to see through an hour+ long opening just to set up some shit that could have been set up in 15 minutes.
I do. I like how 3d Zeldas set up for the story. If I wanted to play a game with no introduction I'd play retro stuff mindlessly. Zelda is a full experience for me, just not a game where I ignore everything that isn't gameplay.
>>
>Zelda information blowout
Zelda games typically aren't big enough to do this, that's what I'm worried about. I don't want to see half of the fucking game at E3 and not be able to enjoy it, unless the game ends up being huge somehow (really doubt it.)

If they really went Skyrim on it then that would be pretty amazing, but I'm worried they will end up showing most of the game to the point where I'm afraid to watch any E3 news at all.
>>
>>335871174
why does he turn into a trash can
>>
File: 1429623160632.jpg (41 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
1429623160632.jpg
41 KB, 500x534
>>335867802
>I like my Zelda stories to be explicit and fun with special lore details for the longtime fans.
Go fuck yourself, SS was unbearable because of this.

Lore is best hidden in the background, things you need to be on the lookout for instead of being shoved down your throat in bloated, boring cutscenes.
>>
File: 1345189323635.png (5 KB, 202x147) Image search: [Google]
1345189323635.png
5 KB, 202x147
>>335871858
>Go fuck yourself, SS was unbearable because of this.
No, go fuck yourself. I had a blast with SS. Time will show how good of a game that was and then everyone will start saying "b-but I always liked it!"
Fuck this obscure Dark Souls narrative shit and fuck you!
>>
File: 1429631289307.png (532 KB, 707x533) Image search: [Google]
1429631289307.png
532 KB, 707x533
>>335872029
>Fuck this obscure Dark Souls narrative shit and fuck you!
I don't even like Dark Souls, fuck off.
>>
File: 1417033400836.jpg (82 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1417033400836.jpg
82 KB, 800x450
>>335871858
>>335872029
>>335872120
YOU'RE OPINIONS ARE YOUR OWN
NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO TO BED
>>
>>335872029
>>335872120
>>335872359

Fuck you guys I don't like name calling in my anonymous boards.
>>
I don't care if they change Link a bit. I just want this damn game.
>>
>>335871419
Then they should at least get better writers so the plot is actually worth the build up.
>>
>>335872029
Cutscenes are one of the reasons I hate modern gaming today. Skyward Sword was far from fun, and not for the cutscenes or the eight-second cutaways that plagued the entire experience whenever you did something.
>>
>>335853896
A more open world that actually feels livable. Twilight Princess felt really dead, aside from the bustling main city. If they want to go all open world on it they need to actually flesh it out. I want lots of shit to discover.

Also different weapons that act as tools. I want a spear that can help Link cross gaps and a mace that can shatter bombable walls. I want them to make each tool feel like a weapon in it's own right.

Probably not.

The plot being shit, actually.

5 Exploration 5 Combat. Fuck puzzles.
>>
>>335867802
Old Zelda was very subtle about story. Since WW, everything started to become over exposed and convoluted. They went over the line with SS.
>>
>>335864263
But Link isn't your avatar. Link is his own character.

You wouldn't demand a female Mario or a male Samus.
>>
>>335873973
>They went over the line with SS.
SS story was literally perfect. Say whay you will about anything else in the game but the story was great.
>>
File: 1429602205168.png (94 KB, 228x237) Image search: [Google]
1429602205168.png
94 KB, 228x237
>>335874074
>SS story was literally perfect.
No, it wasn't. You're fucking delusional.

It was one of the biggest chores in the entire series.
>>
>>335874074
There are at least two things SS fucked up story-wise:

1) overall lore (but if you don't care about lore, this can be easily disregarded)

and the most important imo
2) pacing and general "feel".

Watching 20 minutes of characters making grunts was painful. If they want to make a story-driven Zelda, they have to go subtle or just give everyone voice acting.
>>
File: 1432243352230.png (725 KB, 978x683) Image search: [Google]
1432243352230.png
725 KB, 978x683
>>335874267
Nah, it was great.
If you don't like stories in games you might as well just play Paper Mario Sticker Star.
>>
>>335874074
I've never seen anyone say they liked the story or writing in SS without following it up with something that makes it perfectly clear they only think so becuase they waifu'd Zelda.

The story was ass and it was made many factors worse because it billed itself as an origin story.
>>
>>335874354
What was wrong with the lore? The only upsetting aspect to me was no mention of the Ooccoos but that might be because they are older or some shit. Or some hylians fucked their birds.
And the second is subjective as hell.
>>
>>335874446
If nothing else it confirmed that the Zelda universe is in some way apocalyptic.
>>
>>335874446
>I've never seen anyone say they liked the story or writing in SS without following it up with something that makes it perfectly clear they only think so becuase they waifu'd Zelda.
You kidding? Even if Zelda was very cute, the romantic story was good, Groose was a great character and Ghirahim was pretty fun. The only shitty part was that water dragon who kept making you do a couple of chores and having to fight the imprisoned 3 times.
>>
>>335874593
It was super interesting realizing there's two timelines since Skyward Sword in which one of them was actually saved from being cursed forever.
Zelda lore is fun.
>>
>>335874559
Nothing too specific. But they ruined Ganon as a character, the Master Sword origins, no mention to where the fuck gorons came, no mention to other races, retconing for a second time the origins of Link tunic, among other things.

Personally, i think this shit has become too convoluted for its own good. I'll be happy with a reboot. But SS story could've been handled a lot better. They just crafted an "epic" beggining to something that never needed it in the first place. Zelda Vaporware at least seems to be a tonal shift from SS. It looks more contained. We will see at E3 what the fuck is all about.
>>
File: AMURICA.png (665 KB, 727x467) Image search: [Google]
AMURICA.png
665 KB, 727x467
>>335874438
>If you don't like stories in games
But why do I enjoy the story of ALBW, ALttP or the Oracle games, anon?

I even loved the story of WW.

SS' story was bloated, boring and treated the player like a 5 year old.
>>
>>335874859
Well, assuming that SS takes place first, then no matter the timeline shit's still built after a robo apocalypse.

>>335875056
I think Fi was the major failing of the game, personally. I liked Skyloft, though.
>>
>>335875056
>Nothing too specific. But they ruined Ganon as a character,
They didn't. If you are talking about WW Ganon and his victim complex, you should realize he's always been a cunt since Ocarina and the ruined Hyrule. And being the reincarnation of a demon lord is pretty fucking metal.
>the Master Sword origins
Mentioned only in legends as I remember, nothing ruined. Legends in Zelda are always really ambiguous until we see what actually happened.
>no mention to where the fuck gorons came
not relevant
>no mention to other races
not relevant so far,
Also for both points you are complaining about how the lore was ruined because it was explained but then you demand explanation for stuff that wasn't important for this particular plot. There were also new races in the game.
>retconing for a second time the origins of Link tunic, among other things.
are you one of those guys who complain that Link's tunic can only have one origin like Link's hat in Minish Cap?
I'm sorry man, I just find your complains pretty insignificant.
>>
File: 1372512704616.jpg (152 KB, 464x550) Image search: [Google]
1372512704616.jpg
152 KB, 464x550
>>335875096
>But why do I enjoy the story of ALBW, ALttP
Haven't played Oracles yet so I'm going to comment the lack of in-depth story in these two games was sort of a dissapointment for me. ALttP story was just a bunch of exposition about Ganon that wasn't relevant to the game until being the basis of Ocarina. And ALBW was lackluster in its story and more of a gameplay Zelda more than anything. I like stories in my Zeldas.
>>
>>335853896
A 3D Zelda with good gameplay
Nope
It's going to be open world with large areas to walk but no enemies and nothing interesting to see like every other large area in a 3D Zelda
6 points combat, 4 points exploration
Fuck Zelda's puzzles. They're not hard at all
>>
File: aol.png (210 KB, 440x316) Image search: [Google]
aol.png
210 KB, 440x316
>>335875423
What can i say anon. I really disliked a lot of things in SS. Now every villian is a reincarnation of not-ganon. Zelda is now a godess so there goes any chance for more character development.

SS story is really unnecesary. I was a lorefag until that game. I'm happy that the little we've seen about the new game points in a new direction not chained by older games. The funny thing about this series is that we all like more some games and tones over the others. We got the epic origin story with SS. Now is time for a more self contained and humble story-telling.

>>335875170
The whole Skyloft setting was clever and amazing. It was just poorly executed. The focus of SS was clearly the controls over everything else.
>>
File: 1447535123557.jpg (69 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1447535123557.jpg
69 KB, 600x800
>>335876112
>SS story is really unnecesary. I was a lorefag until that game.
This.
>>
>>335871352
It's not that the showed it off too early it's that they didn't tell us what was going on with game after they showed it off. If they had given us some kind of update every few months the wait wouldn't be nearly as bad.
>>
>>335876112
>Zelda is now a godess so there goes any chance for more character development.
What do you even mean by this? This particular Zelda is a Goddess and had development. You realize how rich is that in a myth sense, right? It's a huge reference to the japanese royals being descendants of Amaterasu, hence being born to rule.
For that matter the only reincarnation of Demise is actually Ganondorf., canonwise.
>>
File: 1359181728977.png (39 KB, 210x229) Image search: [Google]
1359181728977.png
39 KB, 210x229
>>335876112
>>335876261
I don't understand how it was unnecessary.
>>
File: Ganon_A_Link_to_the_Past.png (406 KB, 558x599) Image search: [Google]
Ganon_A_Link_to_the_Past.png
406 KB, 558x599
>>335876387
It'll be an easy co-out to flesh her out in future games. The character in the whole series has a new burden now.

>>335876472
They keep going back and back. They presented SS as the begining and even that game left open a door for another prequel. If every new prequel keeps retconing shit from the others prequels, i don't see the point really.

But that's like, my opinion m80.
>>
I liked Skyward Sword. I liked the motion controls, I liked the boss keys being a shape-matching puzzle, i liked the puzzle-centric design of the world.

The only thing I didn't like was the mandatory fucking STEALTH MISSION that was way near the end of the game.

In fact, those stealth missions are often why I am loathe to replay Zelda games. Since Ocarina of time, only Twilight Princess did it right (by having it be brief as hell).
>>
>>335876775
>It'll be an easy co-out to flesh her out in future games. The character in the whole series has a new burden now.
This makes no sense and doesn't affect other Zeldas as characters at all. For that matter, Zelda is always the least fleshed out character in the games.
>>
File: 1460204308811.png (108 KB, 302x258) Image search: [Google]
1460204308811.png
108 KB, 302x258
>>335876905
>I liked the motion controls
>>
Give me a Zelda game with a big world to explore where a lot of it isn't totally open ocean. It was a surprising amount of dev honesty for them to say TWW was made to look bigger than it was by having small islands surrounded by ocean.

Give me a game with tiered linearity like ALTTP and OOT. Give me some freedom to choose where to go but not total freedom like in ALBW because the dungeon quality suffered heavily for it. I want later dungeons to build off of techniques I learned in earlier ones and require items from earlier dungeons so they can have progression. In ALBW the Dark World dungeons suffered because you could do them in any order, so they all ended up linear, and easy. I am worried for what that could mean for 3D Zelda, because I love exploring and dungeons.

I want 3D Zelda a game with:
>The OST and progression of OOT, and labarynths like Adult Temples
>The world/NPCs and sidequests of MM
>The combat of TWW but more challenging, and the towns of TWW
>The dungeons of TP
>The aesthetics and hubworld/hometown of SS along with equipment customization

>Since I know you're going to force a companion on me, make it like Midna or Tatl
>>
>>335876775
>They keep going back and back. They presented SS as the begining and even that game left open a door for another prequel.
I don't see why it's bad
>If every new prequel keeps retconing shit from the others prequels, i don't see the point really.
Nor this. What did it retcon so bad that contradicts previous events of the series? I'm more upset at how ALBW made no sense lorewise. The Master Sword didn't sleep forever, Lorule was just the Dark World but it wasn't for some reason and literally no one complains about that game.
>>
>>335876775
>They keep going back and back.
So... you decided to draw the line at game #20, instead of earlier. Because of reasons?
Fuck you, you're just another SS hater.
>>
>>335876905
>I liked the motion controls
You and me, bro. They were so damn fun. I feel so alone about this aspect. It's like no one got them right while playing because they kept shaking it like Wii TP or something.
>>
>>335876905
Forbidden Fortress I is still one of the biggest hurdles to replaying Wind Waker. I applaud them for trying to do something different but it is just too frustrating considering how powerless you are.
>>
>>335877007
I like you, anon.
You are a good boy.
>>
>>335877336
It's also annoying how KoRL doesn't let you explore freely until after Forbidden Woods.
>>
>>335876983
>Zelda is always the least fleshed out character in the games.
And that has become a problem. Something good SS set up: there's a chance now for a game starring Hylia. Ditch Link and everything and make a Hylia game. As for the other Zeldas

>we wuz godess and shiet
So, magic, light energy, triforce, whatever.

>>335877108
I want more games in the future. NES games future for example. And yes, ALBW was awful story wise. Most people just forgot about that game i think. It was basically a remake really. And now even Triforce Heroes is canon, kek.

>>335877159
There are 4 prequels, that's a lot. But the whole timeline is a clusterfuck really, so you have a point there. SS was bad man, sorry.
>>
>>335877582
Just do the superswim glitch. Then you can explore early on, anon :^)
>>
File: iCim4eXE.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
iCim4eXE.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
Here's what I want more than anything and I think it'll be a bold move and make the game stand out if Nintendo does it.

>You start a new game
>There might be one line of text at the MOST
>Then you are moving/exploring in the world. No explanations, no tutorials. You figure out the buttons/combat as you go.
>Meet people and unfold stories and lore as you go.

Not too different from how the original Legend of Zelda starts.

Unfortunately, I can tell by the artwork and emphasis on Links bow that there will be some kind of shitty story and gimmick/plot device.
>>
File: 1340152335204.png (146 KB, 199x200) Image search: [Google]
1340152335204.png
146 KB, 199x200
>>335877630
>we wuz godess and shiet
I.. I think you misunderstand the lore completely, man.
I'm legit confused about you.
>>
>>335877705
That does indeed work great but I meant during regular gameplay.
>>
>>335877783
This sounds awful to me in a modern Zelda.
The original threw you in because the technology wasn't there yet.
>>
>>335877208
I also agree with you brothers.
The SS motion controls were fun and made fighting even normal basic enemies satisfying. It's something that we'll unfortunately never experience anywhere else.
>>
>>335862982
You say that like delaying it will improve the game, but really its only so they can sell more NX consoles
>>
>>335878004
I just hope they keep the freedom of movement that you had in SS. It was fun having Link be able to parkour around and shit.
>>
File: sadbob.jpg (11 KB, 239x237) Image search: [Google]
sadbob.jpg
11 KB, 239x237
>>335878004
I guess I'm going to pirate the shit out of Red Steel 2 now.
>>
>>335877159
They very specifically set SS as the actual, factual, totally for real this time origin of everything Zelda

And then they STILL start that shit off with talk about an ancient civilization.

Face it, Zelda writers have no clue what they're doing. They just rehashing the same plot and the same elements over and over with a new coat of paint.

They were tasked with an origin story and immediately everyone thought of all of the interesting things they could do with it. Elaboration on the ancient civilizations mentioned in other games, the origin of the kingdoms and the races, etc. Instead what they gave was a whole lot of "The Master Sword? the goddess made it. The evil dudes? God curse. Hyrule? Gods. The divinity of Link and Zelda? Gods. All that stuff you guys were interested in? Pff, just forget about that and look at these wacky animal people."

It added fuck all.
>>
>>335865908
Link has existed as Link without all of those things
>>
File: 1453776983181.jpg (75 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1453776983181.jpg
75 KB, 400x300
>>335877851
>Hylia was a goddess
>She sacrificed her holiness to keep Demise imprisioned
>She reincarnates as a hylian girl
>Said hylian girl needs to awaken her old memories to face Demise in her present
>Some dude in green comes out of nowhere because he has feels for the girl
>Demise gets fucked
>Curses both the Hero and the one with the Goddess blood for eternity
>Every reincarnation of these three people are bound to reincarnate, dibs on every piece of the triforce
>Link has courage, Zelda wisdom, Ganon power
>Zelda has magic powers even in lands with no triforce at all (the DS games)
>Zelda has some kind of premonition power (OoT)
>Zelda has telephatic powers (ALttP)

If i got something wrong, fuck me, this shit is hard to follow.
>>
File: 1330885970345.jpg (39 KB, 323x297) Image search: [Google]
1330885970345.jpg
39 KB, 323x297
>>335878434
Are you really complaining about Gods being a plotpoint in Zelda of all things? Have you played ANY other Zelda game?
This complain is so dumb.
>>
>>335878530
*bound to meet. I fucked up.
>>
>>335878530
Zelda having telepathy isn't all that weird. She's magical as shit.
>>
>>335854923
The only way this game can be groundbreaking is if it was actually fucking good.

I seriously doubt that though.
>>
>>335878530
Skyward Sword was shit.
I knew the entire franchise was in trouble the moment I realized that zelda and ganon were being pushed in TP for no goddamned reason.
>>
>>335878587
My point is why the fuck do you need an origin story to just say "gods did it" over and over? How does that explain or elaborate on ANYTHING set up in previous games? There was nothing added here that a passing, sentence long explanation in another game couldn't have covered.

Face it, just because Zelda showed an emotion and Link cried that one time, that does not make the writing good.
>>
>>335878530
Some dude in green clothes was already a thing before SS. There was Hylia's hero.
Of course Zelda has powers, she's the descendant of a literal goddess.
It's not reincarnation per se. The spirit of the hero is not Link reincarnating, seeing TP and OoT Link interact. Zelda has her bloodline cursed and Ganondorf is the only one who reincarnates.
Also how is that hard to follow? It's basic stuff.
Man, you are going to be so upset if you dare to play the MGS series.
>>
>>335868608
Sure, but its a big fuck you to the people who already have Wii Us and were promised the release of this game for 2015 before it got delayed to 2016 and now again to 2017
>>
>Nintendo wants to make sure a game is good

>Shitposting left and right

People need to remember Fallout 4
>>
>>335878872
Most of the story in Skyward Sword was surprisingly character focused though. That's the meat of the story. And regarding "The Gods did it" over and over, it's just the mythos and tone of the series. Mystical forces are what move every LoZ story
>>
>>335878932
Fuck man, that was not my initial point. What upsets me is that Zelda being the descendant of a goddess is an easy cop-out to justify why she is all magical, like this anon pointed >>335878676

And good point, that kind of shit made MGS extremely convoluted. At least Kojima didn't made that Boss in WW2 game. You can go back so many times. Same applies for Zelda. We will never get a Zelda game were she is just some dirty peasant in a smelly village, or Link's sister or whatever. She is bound to be a sacred figure now. Wasted potential imo.
>>
>>335879180
>What upsets me is that Zelda being the descendant of a goddess is an easy cop-out to justify why she is all magical
As I said, it's a parallel to Amaterasu. You know how here in the west everyone is Jesus? Like Neo from The Matrix or Superman in MoS? Zelda is FULL of shinto and buddhist references.
It has the basis on the belief that royals are chosen by God or in the case of the japanese, they are descendants from gods.
>>
A cohesive blend of the open world and difficulty scaling with game progress. Which seems impossible. But they better fucking try.
>Do you think they'll provide a demo
Doubt it. But maybe they might throw us a bone and give us some sort of tutorial dungeon.
>Biggest worry/concern
Empty overworld and poor lore distribution. I don't want an exposition dump with every cutscene, but I also don't want to be thrown into a world where there's no real reason why I'm doing what I'm doing. They're both extremes.

Ideally, create a solid storytale that's simple on the surface, with bits and pieces of lore hidden in the world and dungeons. That'll give players insentive to roam.
>Measuring exploration, puzzles, and combat
Exploration>combat>puzzles

Also, I seriously hope they don't add too many customization options. Fem-Link is a cancerous meme, and Linkle was a mistake. You fags just want more stuff to fap to. Go play more DS if that's what you want. Because when every game becomes DS...none of them will be.
>>
>>335879125
And out of all the characters, the only ones that seem to have a really notable arc are Groose, a minor character, and to some extent, Zelda.

Link is still a non-character. Fi is just sort of there. Ghirahim is just sort of there. Demise is just sort of there, is only in non-muppet form for all of 5 minutes, and the only important thing he does during that time is give a convenient reason for Ganondorf to be evil in a way that alleviates the writers from having to think of a good motivation.
>>
>>335879417
I really need to play Okami. If those themes are subtle, then everything should be ok for Zelda as a character in the future i guess. Didn't saw it from that oriental perspective.
>>
>>335879650
Okami is heavily story-focused.
>>
File: 1460183231207.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1460183231207.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>335853896
Nice E3 meme
>>
>>335879650
Okami doesn't explain about Amaterasu at all though. Her mythology isn't there for the game and the localization butchers the names so you have to investigate deeply what's the actual parallel between the videogame version and the japanese mythology. Playing Okami won't help you to understand SS.
>>
>>335863868
The amount of quality porn avaliable
>>
>>335879650
Okami was great. I almost cried at the end. It was a "Zelda clone" that was actually better than most Zelda games.
>>
>>335880107
Nope, sorry. Story too convoluted apparently.
Speaking seriously, I loved Okami but the dungeons were really mediocre as dungeons.
>>
>>335878932
Yeah we get it, but all of those story additions are absolute fucking shit and the series would have been better off if few or none of the games were related to each other.

The only two games I can even get behind being related to each other is OOT and MM.
Mainly because the shitty story elements from OoT had fuck all to do with MM and MM was an entire new adventure for Link.

It should be the adventures of link. Not let's tack on more garbage to a simple story and force this false fate bullshit to justify having zelda and ganon in the game over and over again.
>>
>>335880238
Yeah, the dungeons were not the best, but I had a blast with the game regardless. I like plot-heavy games though.
>>
>>335864365
Let him do everything but gender, female protagonist idiots can go kill themselves.
>>
>>335881306
>Yeah we get it, but all of those story additions are absolute fucking shit and the series would have been better off if few or none of the games were related to each other.
I don't see your logic. There's nothing that retracts from the game, since every Zelda game is already self-contained enough but provides a little bit of fun lore here and there for the fans who care.
>>
>>335853896
Purposeful combat or some hand-to-hand instead of complete reliance on a sword.

Probably not but it'd be nice.

That the open world aspect they're going for ends up feeling forced or they shoehorn a story into it. The biggest thing I'm hyped about is being able to just explore shit and do things. I don't want to be told where to go aside from hints or a general task.

I'd like all three to be really good but if I had to sacrifice one, I'd sacrifice better combat in order for the other 2 to be perfect.
>>
>>335855958
>Some kind of evolution for an stagnated series, no gimmicks.
Yeah, Zelda is so stagnant. The problem with Skyward Sword is that it was way too similar to Ocarina of Time, not that it tried to change everything and failed horribly!

Fuck off with this "Zelda is stagnant" shit. Zelda has the exactly opposite problem, in that Nintendo keeps changing things for the worse.
>>
>>335882187
There are still a bunch of really formulaic and boring things in SS. The plot is mostly rehashed and the entire formula of "go to dungeon, get item, use that item to beat the boss with the obvious weak point, then rarely ever use that item again" is still alive and well.
>>
>>335882121
Now that you mention it truly open world sounds like they'd do it horribly. This is the same company that has only furthered and furthered the amount of extensive tutorials and hand holding you go through in each game.

Open world in the same vain as even a fucking Bethesda game is laughable to believe they would do with their current mind set that people are too stupid to read a simple fucking item description or contextually figure your way out through an environment.
>>
>>335882187
I wish the problem with the zelda series was it being stagnant. At least then it would be good but formulaic.

Until they can prove they can get the basics right and don't try to cloud the issue with stupid gimmicks, and awful lore bullshit no one gives a solitary fuck abuot designed to help sell a weak game Zelda is fucking dead.
>>
>>335853896
nice blog fagget
>>
>>335884395
This is one of my biggest problems with people saying we "need" a female protagonist. The ones doing it for feminist brownie points or waifufags are both myopic festering cancers. They have no substantial reasoning other than why not or just because. They dont care to think how it could improve the core of the game itself. It amounts to just another shitty half-assed gimmick. The series is floundering and in need of real innovation and addressing of the issues that have been plaguing it and that's something they think is even worthy of mention.
>>
>>335853896
But if this Zelda is as good as they think it is, this could be the BEST E3 for Nintend ever.
>>
>>335854923
There was one anon earlier who made thread claiming to have actual gameplay, if he was reliable at all than we might have something actually new on our hands
>>
>>335853896
Actually open world would be HUGE for the series. Really hoping they ain't just yankin' our chains on this
>>
>>335885209
>taking those threads seriously

Jesus, anon
>>
>>335885325
But the very first game was already open world.
>>
>>335885685
And it was the best game, and the only one of its kind in the series. Coincidence?
>>
>>335885813
Well yeah but it's not like they didnt add a bunch of other shit that just made the games worse and worse. Open world is just one more factor in its design.
>>
>>335885541
Not saying he was legit, just that the things he said made want the game to be better than its predecessors. OoT and MM were great games with similar gameplay but different mechanics and still managed to capture the essence of Zelda. Nintendo has shown that they know how to make good games that don't just copy the last one, but innovate and differentiate; I want them to do that again and so does the no-life anon that keeps making those bait threads.
>>
File: 1452249706686.jpg (371 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
1452249706686.jpg
371 KB, 1400x1400
>>335886072
Both games had different mechanics and similar gameplay but i wouldnt say MM captures the essence of the LoZ series. Which isnt to say it's a bad game just that it didnt really focus a whole lot in the traditional strengths of the series, which most people consider exploration and dungeon delving. MM focused a lot more on side quests and atmosphere which it accomplished astoundingly well considering the time constraints all while have some really good dungeons and providing a unique world to explore.
>>
>>335853896
Cool. I'm more of a Xenoblade fan than a Nintendo fan. Couldn't give a shit about Nintendo. Monolithsoft is what makes me interested in owning their consoles.
>>
File: 1458842879212.jpg (12 KB, 261x187) Image search: [Google]
1458842879212.jpg
12 KB, 261x187
>>335886596
To b honest, I only have vague memories of watching my brothers play MM (born in 94 bb) I only remeber OOT because of 3ds port.
>tfw one brother is now a teacher and the other is basically neet 500 miles away and I will never watch them play vidya games again while I hide in a pillow-fort...
>>
>>335887104
I beat both games but it might have been from watching my brothers play them too. The eldest didnt care for games very much but he'd play the games with me and help me in dungeons whenever i got lost, while my middle brother was the Zelda fanatic and beat them on his own. He was like 4 years older though so i guess that's all you need to get through them.

MM and WW are probably my favorite and i beat them all as they came out.
>>
>>335883463
>"go to dungeon
Sort of, but even this is changed. SS seriously diminishes the over-world/dungeon set-up by making it a puzzle just to move around while.outside.

>get item, use that item to beat the boss with the obvious weak point,
The weak points are more obvious than ever. Zelda has had "use the item on the boss" for a long time, but it's been continuously simplified.

>then rarely ever use that item again"
In old Zelda you would keep using the item after the dungeon to solve puzzles or gain access to new areas. The idea that items are only used in their dungeon is new.
>>
>>335887647
Ww is my favorite , probably because it was the first I beat entirely on my own.
>>
>>335853896
>>What do you want to see implemented in Zelda the most?
Gender option.
>>
>>335888458
Die fampai.
>>
File: 1009642.gif (748 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1009642.gif
748 KB, 500x281
>>335888458
Wanting Linkle anywhere near a mainline Zelda.
>>
https://youtu.be/G0y4hv62YEw?t=3m9s

>3:09
>>
>>335878737
Oh wow, hello time traveler! Sounds like you already played Zelda NX to be able to say that.
>>
>>335890946
Holy shit that looks so bad, i cant believe people were cheering for that.
>>
>>335890147
I didn't say anything about Linkle.
>>
>>335888458
Fuck off, tumblr.
>>
>Literally retarded
>>
File: 1451185021065.png (52 KB, 134x181) Image search: [Google]
1451185021065.png
52 KB, 134x181
>>335888458
Im on board for an option, but whats that gonna do other than give you something else to jerk off to. Really faggot? Thats the thing you want the most?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.