[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bravely Second
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Bravely.jpg (20 KB, 602x355) Image search: [Google]
Bravely.jpg
20 KB, 602x355
So now that it's out in the US, does anybody have any new broken builds
>>
>>334682069
Not broken, but it helps me a lot

Magnolia
- Astrologian
- Time Mage
Spam Auto-raise and Meteor Flare

Yew
- Yokai
- Bishop
The most powerful elemental spells, and heal magic based on percentsges instead of stats (cure 100% life with the Wizard's Spirit Magic).

Edea
- Templar
- Pirate
Templar to guard physical attacks and farm PB witg the passives, and Pirate to reduce enemies' stats.

Tiz
- Hawkeye
- Performer
Performer to buff and give PB, Hawkeye deals a lot of damage based on DEX rather than ATK, also I give him an ability which let's Tiz repeat a normal attack on 33% probability when he attacks. Also Hawkeye has the ability to give physical attacks elemental damage.

This is the best combination I came with, and it didn't fail me ever
>>
I just got to a major choice between Red Mage and Thief and I'm wondering, how vital to the story are these choices? I assume there are more of these choices in the future and so I'm wondering if I should focus on which moral choices I think are better or solely go for which jobs I want more.
>>
>>334683950
You can get all jobs eventually. The choice really only matters in the JP version.
>>
>>334683950
Because of NO BAD ENDS in the western versions you can get all the jobs anyway with little to no story fall out.

Besides, why WOULDN'T you want to side with the guy who tried to rape Edea last game and had a literal sex dungeon?
>>
You basically only need 1 yokai with meteor rain.
You can increase that number to increase how much you break the game.
>>
>>334685512
No Bad Ends, huh? Are we actually losing out on a bunch on content or is this as little as the slideshow at the end of ME3?
>>
>>334686473
The bad ends were pretty much just "maybe we didn't make the right choice" and later you can choose again after the loop to comfirm your choice or join the other side to get the other asterisk.
Sometimes there'd be a small comedic skit or a few extra lines of dialogue involved. You'd have to play through the whole game three times to see absolutely everything even though it was mostly minor things unless you didn't choose to get all the asterisks on the first playthrough.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2XY1_Bggzk
>>
Anyone have the ost?
>>
>SE praises the first game for selling well
>cuts the budget to shit for the second game
Why did Square Enix want this to fail?
>>
Pretty crazy how nice this game looks on the shitty 3DS.
>>
>>334690949
It's not Final Fantasy.
>>
>>334690949
And there's going to most likely be a third one, I didn't mind Bravely Second reusing some stuff but I hope to god in Bravely Third it's all complete new jobs and a new world or planet since you got Ringeabel and his dimension policing.
>>
Quad Wielding + additional attack + damage buffs can lead to some insane dps.

Knights lv 11 skill allows you to block for the whole party, which can give you infinite bp on that character thanks to Templar skills.
>>
File: ringabel smug meme face.jpg (69 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
ringabel smug meme face.jpg
69 KB, 250x251
>>334682069
Multitask + Barrage + Crossfire
Any healing spell + Wall
Raise + Mist
>>
>>334691835
Before Second was released, the director was talking about what they would do in the third game.
Now he just says that they're looking into what game they'll work on next.
Series is dead.
>>
File: the shaving.jpg (32 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
the shaving.jpg
32 KB, 620x413
>>334690949
They released Bravely Default twice. For the Sequel had a few improved backgrounds, balance changes, more sidequest cutscenes during the loop sequence and Bravely Second mechanic added.
Basically they charged people again for something that should have been a regular patch.
>>
>>334686473

I mean, if you think few more lines of dialog and possibly running same fucking dungeons for two more times, no, you are not losing any content. If you consider Bravely default, series made you run through same dungeons like, what, 8 times? And people are crying about censorship.
>>
>>334692554
It worked for FFVII, X, and XII.
>>
>>334692362
>Any healing spell + Wall
This.
Combine it with Dark Knight's Rage.
>>
File: 1459978467363.png (362 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
1459978467363.png
362 KB, 497x732
>>334690949
Squenix can't fathom the idea of a game thats actually better than "grimdark fantasy: the edge whithin us", so they ruin any attempts at making a good game.
After all, they have an underage demographic to cater, they can't risk losing it.
>>
>>334692803
I don't know the story behind XII, but I don't remember VII and X ever being released on the same platform more than once. Unless you count PC rerelease of VII which was somewhat justified since the old version no longer worked on the modern machines.
>>
>>334693243
Japan got an 'International' version of X which got the western enhancements as well as the PAL-only Dark Aeons.
>>
>>334682069
They kinda removed anything that made the game broken in BD. But >>334687960 is a decent one.
>>
>>334685512
Red Mage is better early in the game than Thief though. It would be better to side with The Jackal only to fight DeRossa for his asterisk.
>>
main job ninja for speed and extra offhand damage
hawkeye for 2nd job for harpoon in passives multitask and damage buff
cast harpoon ( ignores enemy p.defence) and 3x auto attack
so basicly when everything maxed you deal 21k-42k depending if the multitask procs

no need for healers or anything everyone ninja with quad multi katana damage passives
>>
Is it true they actually butchered the Job Quests?

I can withstand clothes being ruined because of "muh children", but I won't support a game that cut a big fat piece of the story AND gameplay.
>>
>>334686473
Nothing is lost other than some dialogue. It affects absolutely nothing.

The old asterisk users inclusion in the plot is retarded anyway considering 90% of them were dead by the end of the last game.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.