[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>playing MMORPGs >any year All that work and progress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: nostalrius is closing down.jpg (743 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nostalrius is closing down.jpg
743 KB, 1920x1080
>playing MMORPGs
>any year

All that work and progress you make with your character can just disappear like that. Even with Blizzard's retail servers, they'll go offline someday.

But my Skyrim character save file will always be around even though I haven't played in years.
But my very first Minecraft world is still backed up even though I haven't played in years.
I even have old saves from my SimCIty 2000 days in archives.

I can at least load up my old vidyas and see the work that I put in there, like a time capsule. But with MMORPGs, you only have memories.
>>
>>333601849

Dude that's like equating having an old sock you jerk off into to having had a girl friend and broken up.
>>
>>333601849
>All that work and progress
You mean enjoyment

If at any moment you are spending your time on getting something other than enjoyment out of a game, then you are literally just wasting time. It may be that after a certain about of wasted time you will get to content that makes it more enjoyable, and thats a risk you sometimes have to take, but dont pretend that just because something you did is now non existent that you didnt get anything out of it.

I enjoyed my time on Nost. Yes my account is gone, but my time was well spent on the fun I had with it.
>>
isn't the goal to have fun

so what if your character disappears?
>>
>>333601849
Thats enough stupid for today bye.
>>
>>333602026
>>333602038
>>333602079
>>333602189

No, it's like comparing losing your photographs and only having memories left.
>>
>>333604375
Then take screen shots or record game play
>>
>>333604375
that wouldn't mean much to me, i've played thousands of hours of other shit and have nothing to show for it other than memories
>>
the reasons I play MMO's is to have experiences with other people and friends

I had the same WoW guild and core group of friends to raid, pvp and laugh with for nearly 10 years. What I took from that game were the memories, the ventrilo sessions, the weddings I went to, the meetup we had in Las Vegas.

Your character being deleted and gone at some point is an inevitability with every MMO, even if it's years from now.
>>
>>333604375
The photos would be meaningless if the event wasn't worth remembering.
>>
>>333605217
i hope you mean real weddings.

Ingame weddings are freaking pathic
>>
>>333606483
woah don't worry anon, I did mean real weddings

wow that would have been real embarrassing for me if they weren't huh

us real gamers huh
>>
So, where is the next big private server?
>>
>>333606678
Corecraft.
>>
That image is just chock full of autism.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.