[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Runescape thread? Runescape thread. What made this game so fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1458271858161.png (681 KB, 729x948) Image search: [Google]
1458271858161.png
681 KB, 729x948
Runescape thread? Runescape thread. What made this game so fucking fun? Was it just because we were all little kids and didn't know better?

Share stories and what not:

>be me
>~10 yrs old
>play RS with a group of about 5 friends from school
>one friend, we will call him B, buys a shit load of Gp from one of those gold farming websites with his parents credit card
>something like 120 mil
>know his account info since he had me do a quest for him once
>log onto his account daily and steal gold from him
>just enough so that the displayed amount doesn't change, ex. 120 mil to 119 mil
>make hundreds of thousands of Gp per day. Some days more some days less of course
>he never had any idea

God damn I was a little shit thinking back on it.
>>
>>333523863

Pretty much. Try replaying it now, you won't be able to stand it. This goes for OSRS, RS3, and /v/scape. Skills take too long to grind for the rewards they give, some skills are utterly useless, others have TERRIBLE rewards with smithing being king, and for being a sandbox the journey isn't that fun outside of quests.

The one thing RS did fantastically were its quest, aside from being an average adventurer who was constantly exploited to being something akin to THE CHOSEN ONE.

I'm almost maxed and I see no point in playing. The only thing left is to get 99 in skills that give nothing. There's the comp cape but that's autism incarnate. Then if I do grind skills I'm afk 80% of the time, not really engaging. I could get the quest cape but after that there's not much else, just more grinding. I wish there were more fun minigames, something like castle wars but the balance in them all are just garbage for P2P. I bet F2P Cwars would be fun.
>>
>>333524616
Yeah. Its just a different mindset of being younger. Like now that we are older we feel like we need to be accomplishing something in the grander scheme of things, ex getting 99 in all skills or a particular one, and then trying to bust it out until you are done. Where as I feel like when I was younger I didn't really care about all of that souch. I literally did whatever my little fucking mind felt like doing at that exact moment, which is what runescape is great at, there is so much you could do, so it was always something different every day I got on. Like literally I played that shit way way back. Like right before the game had the christmas event in which party hats dropped. And even still I never got many 99 skills, desu I only ever got one skill to 99.
>>
It used ti be extremely social and community driven. There were no circle jerks because the inly chst was individual PM and public chat.

It was beautiful.
>>
>me and my friends would pick flax near seers village and turn it into bowstrings for some coin
>we would do this for hours for days on end sometimes
>tfw we were pretty much slaves

God damn fun times
>>
>>333523863
The music, the locations and the quests were pretty immersive anon

And I always played free, so I almost never got really far.
>>
>>333523863
Add me: Aerack
>>
>>333523863
How young were you when you watched office space?
>>
>>333527921
What does this have to do with anything? Never really watched the office though desu
>>
>>333523863
>me and a friend constantly play runescape
>learn that another friend has an account
>for no reason the first thing that comes to my mind is try to hack it and steal their shit
>not sure how I managed it at all but I somehow successfully guessed their password and got in
>all they had was some adamant stuff and a few thousand gold
>take it anyway and sell it
>few days later friend says they were hacked, me and other friend play dumb and he buys it
>Said he worked so hard for it
>quit shortly after that

Some time later completely unrelated to that
>decide to try out the whole "pretend to be poor and go beg for money"
>go to lumbridge
>find girl looking for a boyfriend
>decide to play along because why not?
>friend acts as priest and we get "married" in lumbridge church
>we were members so I took her to my house
>messed around for a bit but then she logged off and I never saw her for a while
>even later find another girl
>apperently didn't learn from my last mistake so I decide to go with it again
>out of pure coincidence or luck the last girl logs on shortly after
>friend decides to fuck with me and tell old girl about new girl
>new girl drags me to lumbridge to meet with old girl
>cat fight breaks out, never felt so loved before
>eventually reach the "me or them" scenario
>can't take it, remove both of them from friends and leave world, don't return to that specific world for a good 3 months
>>
>>333529648
Kek something similar happened to me
>several friends from school all played together
>one of them, we will say J, pissed off another friend
>act all cool like nothing is wrong for a week
>eventually hack into his account and literally empty his bank
>also spam swear words and say we are Jagex staff to get his account banned
>it worked

Needless to say he never played anymore after that. Had no idea we did it. Just thought he randomly got banned. He wasn't the last one in our group that fell to a similar fate.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.