[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lost Odyssey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: LO.jpg (34 KB, 250x354) Image search: [Google]
LO.jpg
34 KB, 250x354
This game wasn't anything mind blowing or unique but had great writing, side stories, characters especially Gongora's eyebrows and above all, some of the best music I've heard in an RPG game?
>>
>>333483135
What kind of question is that?
>>
>>333483135
What is LOST ODYSSEY?
>>
>>333483135
Holy fuck i loved this game, in case nobody knows about it:
4, count it, 4 fucking discs, that's a shit load of content
Those side stories? Read them to my cat and we cried every time, literally 'Up' intro tier sadness.
Great turn based combat (no bullshit attached)
Oh and you're immortal. "BAh But Howe that work in KombAt???" Whats that stupid retard? well, if a character has died during combat and you're still fighting the same dude for a few more rounds, BAM, revived (With alittle HP of course).
Greentext stories are fucking gay
Literally throw FF13 in the trash, this is the true successor for a FF game
PS3 fags kill yourself
>>
>>333486043
>this is the true successor for a FF game
How could that be true when LO is good?
>>
>>333483135
Garbage-tier
>>
It's a great game. The last high budget Jrpg that wasn't shit.

Dragon Quest 11 will hopefully be good enough to change that.
>>
Supreme actual ultimate final boss theme
>>
>>333486927
Honestly this. I never cared for FF but Lost Odyssey was very nice.
>>
the only good rpg last gen with xenoblade
>>
File: Consensus.gif (405 KB, 540x301) Image search: [Google]
Consensus.gif
405 KB, 540x301
>>333483135
Gongara was the most based villain I've seen in a long time. Dude was totally bat-shit insane by the end of the game and it fucking worked on so many levels.
>>
It was bundled in when I got my xbox 360. I was never able to make it past the second boss. I remember it even took me a month to beat (occasional playing it, not everyday) the Griffin boss. But the second boss was too hard. Those giant worms kept respawning if I was able to kill one of them. On top of that, I had to worry about the regular enemies. How was it possible to make it through that?
>>
great game but it had a few flaws

1: the combat was slow and easy as fuck. Having the game balanced around using the immortals while switching out the other characters to teach skills wasn't that good because you did not really get to do the party comps you wanted.
2: the kids sucked.

But the side stories man, the fucking side stories were 12/10.
Also Jansen was the best, best character from start to finish.
>>
Pretty much the only game I miss not getting to play because having a ps3 instead. Maybe one day they will get the 360 emulation to work better.
>>
>>333492704
Shame that he isn't wacky enough to count as memorable.
>>
Lost Odyssey and FFX are my two favorite JRPGs.
>>
I'm going to be honest. I'm probably one of the biggest Xbots on this site and I didn't enjoy this game the slightest. Yeah it was well made, with a big budget and good writing. The OST was steller. But the game simply wasn't fun.

I actually preferred Blue Dragon.
>>
>tfw I can't find good quality concept art of it anywhere

Inoue is a god between men
>>
>bought it because i told it was the best jrpg on xbox
>cringeworthy story and characters that put ff13 to shame
>literally didnt have a single likable character
>awful gameplay filled with qtes
>main and side stories filled with padding
I genuinely felt robbed playing this.
>>
File: 1460006254289.jpg (47 KB, 640x660) Image search: [Google]
1460006254289.jpg
47 KB, 640x660
>>333495408
>>cringeworthy story and characters that put ff13 to shame
Did you really played the game?

Because this is fucking nonsense.
>>
File: 1424136384011.gif (31 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1424136384011.gif
31 KB, 500x492
>mfw I never cried during a video game until I played Lost Odyssey
>>
>>333496239
Name a single good character and explain why.
>>
>>333496579
Kaim. He's a character with plenty of depth and backstory without having to angst it up like the typical FF MC. Jansen is great for comic relief too and can be actually funny.
>>
File: 1442585701888.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1442585701888.gif
1 MB, 300x225
>>333496579
Everyone.

Besides not being flamboyant mary sues with pink hair and a shitty motivations, they actually had some deep background stories you could read in the game.
>ever using FF13 to demote LO's writing
top kekeronni
>>
>>333497020
>funny
He was literally a ladies man without the quips or the wit or the charm. Kaim was dull as fuck. No depth except boring life stories filled with padding.
>>
>>333486043
What an emotional cat you have.
>>
File: 1427944552396.png (84 KB, 540x447) Image search: [Google]
1427944552396.png
84 KB, 540x447
>>333497336
>He was literally a ladies man without the quips or the wit or the charm
He had more charm than the whole cast of jrpg characters on the PS3 kek
>>
>>333497203
>everyone
You gotta be kidding me. Ff13 is a perfect comparison for lo in terms of writing, both having a shit story and characters. Except ff13 actually had a great ost and graphics
>>
>>333497556
Tell me a funny joke he said?

>mentions ps3 for no reason
Oh okay i see now. An xbot fanboy. Explains everything.
>>
Feels were hard in this game.
>>
>>333495408
I've never seen so much wrong in a post before. Congrats anon!
>>
File: 1459272079164.png (1 MB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
1459272079164.png
1 MB, 720x576
Seth will never give you the bants and then sacrifice herself for you
>>
>>333497637
Throw yourself off a bridge my friendo.

Don't you have some armpit fetish videos to fap to?
>>
All-round boring game. Could only play it in small bursts, and dropped it around disc 2.

Might dust off the 360 and give it another go.
>>
>>333497784
Seth: If this is all it takes to wear you out, we're in trouble.
Jensen: Yea well I don't wear out in bed.
>>
>>333483135
It was the real FFXIII
>>
>>333498038
I dont get it. Are you trying be witty or are you referencing somebody else who insulted the game before?

It seems such a random thing to say, almost like youre projecting something.
>>
>>333497784
>Tell me a funny joke he said
Yeah I'm going to remember a line from a game I played 7 years ago.
>Mentions the PS3 for no reason
The reason was to bait you.
>>
>>333498416
This sounds like something dc/wb would say to mimc marvels attempt at quips.
>>
+ Good story, coherent without being simple, top tier villain
+ Excellent cast, likeable and unique without being over the top, stock animu tropes or belts and zippers. Comparing LO to FFXIII really highlights how poor the latter was. Good voice acting. Kaim was a stoic MC done right. Seth is female sidekick done right. Jansen was a comic relief done right.
+ Good voice acting. Jansen was one of the better voiced characters in any game and the kids managed to not be annoying
+ Mortal / immortal mechanic was original and worked well functionally
+ Genuinely emotional, both in game and in the short stories
+ Above average soundtrack

- Battles tended to drag, and aside from the ring timing not much new to the combat
- Mortal - immortal thing was clever flavour wise but functioned basically like items in FFIX
- Difficulty spikes unsubtly teaching you not to be underleveled
- Solid but unmemorable world

8/10

I really need to go back and play this.
>>
>>333498596
You seem really rustled by the fact the PS3 has no good jrpgs.
>>
>>333498717
Bait what? A console war? How old are you? Just because its only on the 360 doesnt mean the only people who hate ate sony fanboys.
>>
I liked the characters and the world, but the combat system was too slow (even as a fan of turn-based combat) and I didn't like how it basically turned all the non-immortal characters into mere ability dummies, because the immortals outclassed them in every way. I would have prefered more freedom in making my own parties.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.