[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ideal Titanfall 2 Campaign Introduction/Tutorial Part 1 *Sm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: s-l300.jpg (6 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
6 KB, 300x279
Ideal Titanfall 2 Campaign
Introduction/Tutorial
Part 1
*Small, one paragraph summary of the lore of Titanfall as a recap to those who played the radio drama game mode in the original game and to bring up to speed the new players*
*Text fades away*
X Ambassadors “Unsteady” ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0lw3qylVfY ) starts playing as the player gets treated to the in engine introduction of Space, numerous colonies, military factories assembling titans, spectres, weapons and armor.
1:13, There is a shot of empty space where the title is displayed for the player. It disappears after a few seconds and the song gets drowned out by the sound of the engine of a massive military ship, entering from the left side. The scene cuts to a first person view of a hand holding a futuristic version of an mp3 player with the words “Unsteady-Classical” displayed on the screen. The song is quieter than the opening shots, as well as the Bass turned down to simulate it being played through ear buds. The logo of the IMC can be seen on one of the walls. There is a banging on the door as a german accent (since the british only imc from TF1 was just silly) calls out “Rookie, get your ass over to briefing.” The Rookie (main character, will get different callsign to differentiate themselves from odst’s main protagonist’s nickname) gets up and makes their way to the briefing. As they make their ways through the halls, that is where the developers would display the opening credits.
>>
Part 2.
The briefing goes down as this: IMC discovered a Pirate hideout on a remote system and are about to do a raid. This opening mission the main character is just a grunt. No jump packs, no special training, nothing. This is meant to show the player the shooting mechanics of the game. This mission would be very similar to the “Charlie Don’t Surf” Mission from CoD 4. After about halfway through, the player will start hearing panicked “radio calls” from various IMC units as they get slaughtered by an enemy pilot, something that they were not expecting. This pilot is supposed to make the player be a little bit on edge as they make their way through the outpost. At the end of the mission. The player and their ai squad make it into what would look like a large vehicle depot with a makeshift titan halfway through construction. As the squad leader starts radioing in what they found, the aforementioned pilot drops down behind the squad leader, snapping his neck. The player and the rest of the ai squad start shooting wildly at the enemy pilot, where he starts taking out the squadmates one by one. As he gets to the player, he would tackle them, pulling out his knife and start struggling with the player as he tries to stab them and the player struggling for their life. One of the last surviving ai squadmates could be heard making a loud battle cry as he rushes the pilot. The pilot, now distracted, shoots the ai squadmate with the pistol in his freehand. With the pilot distracted, the player would pull out their knife and stick it into the enemy pilot’s neck as he would turn his head to face them. All sound would stop as the knife gets pushed into his neck, his visor light turning from a bright orange to a very dull gray as he goes limp.
>>
Part 3
Spyglass would then be heard telling the player that a dropship is being sent to their location for them to be sent to Outpost Whitehead for Combat Titan Pilot training. The scene fades to black as the player makes their way onto the dropship.
The player is then presented with a character creation screen where it would allow them to choose skin color, hair style, hair color, helmet type, and armor pieces. The options are meant allow the player to make their own, unique avatar, without being too extreme, to be used in multiplayer and the singleplayer campaign.
>>
>Wanting a campaign in Titanfall 2

No one fucking plays the campaigns in these games.

All I ask is for this to have more maps and game modes (Of course It's EA so it won't have them)
>>
>>333123751
NO, FUCK YOU BUDDY PAL

I THIS IS A SUBSTITUTE FOR MECHWARRIOR 5, I NEED A FUCKING CAMPAIGN.
>>
All I ask if that they don't fuck up the gameplay.
>>
Anyways that would be the prologue, tomorrow I'll post the next part once I get motivated/inspired
>>
how about good gameplay first
>>
>>333124030
the game play was good you little turd burglar.
>>
>Distance needed to names to appear above characters is too small
>All enemies look the same
>Shoot one of them
>Turns out it was a bot
>Real player sees this and proceeds to riddle me with bullets

Yeah, I was not a fan. Not to mention

>Anti-titan weapon was usually pointless
>Rodeo on enemy titans was too risky to be worth it unless you had an ally titan attacking it at the same time
>Shotgun is superfluous
>>
>>333124385
Sounds like you were just bad
>>
Anyways, should I continue tomorrow or just stop
>>
>>333124385
>riding Titans "didn't work"
>anti Titan weapons "didn't work"

Nah, you're just bad.

Anyhow, OP, I feel that intro. But I'd prefer starting out as a pilot. If they copied halo 1 for basically the first two levels, that'd be pretty fucking wizard.
>be militia
>boarded by the IMC
>have to recover valuable intel from the bridge, the prototype for a ied/jammer that targets specter drones maybe
>crash land in an escape pod.
>regroup with the survivors on land.
>fight imc as they search for you.
So basically, the first two levels of halo.
>recover militia titan or steal IMC Titan.
>make contact with fleet.
>escape with valuable intel
>>
File: Trucy_Happy_3.gif (5 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Trucy_Happy_3.gif
5 KB, 256x192
>>333124729
Continue, Titanfall will save the shooter genre.
>>
>>333127225
I understand what you are saying but I tried making the introduction to the shooting mechanics as immersive as possible
>>333127465
your wish is my command.
>>
>>333123751

Everyone gave Titanfall, Evolve, and BattlEAFront shit for not having one. People play them, but they're not the vocal majority. I know I play them.
>>
Ideal Titanfall 2 Campaign
Prologue part 2
A black screen with the text "x months later"
Scene fades in, the player takes a look at the selected titan gear that they choose during the character creation after the first half of the prologue. An IMC instructor gives your gear a good pat down and looks at the player. "All right, the suits are here. Just remember your training, and make it to the end as fast as you can." The player would give a thumbs up to the instructor as he steps away. This is where the pilot movement mechanics would be introduced through an obstacle course, showing the player how to wall run, how to build speed, how to "bunny hop" to conserve speed, and various other mobility maneuvers. There would be an updating best times that would show that for if they were connected online when they did this part, the fastest times from across the world. There would also be a separate game mode if you just wanted to try and beat the best time. Next post will be main characters charactors
>>
The multiplayer campaign idea wasn't a bad one it just suffered from not branching. Win or lose the story was always the same and the map order always the same. They should make it branch like a CYOA game depending on which team won. Rather than 8 story maps with only double that for plot dialogue options without any real impact they could have it actually alter the story depending on which team is winning i.e. how the war is progressing. Culminating in one of several endings. Then it would be worth playing again to go for a different ending.
>>
"Lucky": The main character. After his/her fateful encounter with the renegade Pilot, the IMC believed that they should enter the Pilot Program. He/she is awarded the rank of a Gen 4 Pilot, around the same rank as a lieutenant in the IMC ground forces.

Othello "Checkers" Bennet: A Gen 3 Pilot from the core worlds. He trully believes that the IMC is the best bet for the frontier and will try to achieve victory at any costs. He is reckless and a nuisance to IMC Command. The only thing keeping him away from a court marshal is that the IMC needs every pilot it can get. He will be the player's wingman if they side with the imc

Joseph "Grim" McEwan: A gen 3 pilot who was conscripted into the IMC. He is appalled at the actions that the IMC do to civilian targets. He will be the Player's wingman if they side with the militia
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.