[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FR*CK!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
File: evo.png (115 KB, 1080x923) Image search: [Google]
evo.png
115 KB, 1080x923
FR*CK!
>>
what the fuck is being shuttered?
>>
>>331651889
I'm with this anon. What does shuttered mean, OP?
>>
Tough luck, especially for ex-Bizzare Evolution employees, they are on a streak now.
>Make awesome racing games for Microsoft

>MS decides that they don't need two exclusive racing franchises and your company are the one that gets disbanded because your racer is more arcadey and they need Forza to compete with GT

>Make awesome racing game for Sony
>Sony decides that they don't want two exclusive racing franchises and your company gets disbanded because your racer is more arcadey and they need GT to compete with Forza
>>
>>331651779
NEOFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>331653320
>make a shitty arcade racing based on graphics for pc
>Pc is filled with nice looking racing games that claim they are sims
>game is too arcadey and looks would look like shit if ported from the console version

>Ps4 excluse
>its not going to be anywere else, ever
>>
>>331651779
It's not a rumour.
It happened.
>>
And nothing of value is lost.
>>
>Shutter

Like, shut-down?
>>
>>331651779

http://kotaku.com/sony-shuts-down-driveclub-developer-evolution-studios-1766375507
>>
>>331655780
>linking kotaku
>>
>>331651779
Everyone went apeshit about Microsoft letting lionheads go. Fucking Sony even had a PR hiring event for their employees. But lionheads were actually shit. Driveclub was a good game, and now this. Sony is just fucking disgusting
>>
>>331651779
>rumour

gematsu.com/2016/03/sony-closes-driveclub-developer-evolution-studios

Also it's perfectly understandable and they're not just booting them.
>>
>>331651957
>>331651889
it's what cameras do when they take pictures
>>
>>331655780

kill yourself
>>
File: 1458660383183.png (37 KB, 590x413) Image search: [Google]
1458660383183.png
37 KB, 590x413
Oh the irony
>>
File: 60vs30 6.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
60vs30 6.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>331655896
>Driveclub was a good game,
After 19 patches and a 2 year delay damaging the credibility of sony them selfs and their lineup

Whoever was in charge at driveclub fucked up big time and the tard that was put on to recover it was to late.

They knew it was going to happen, and so did we.

if this news came as a shock, then you'r shit tier vidyaman
-Fedoratip
>>
>Announce a free version for PS Plus members
>Doesn't release on time
>Release retail version
>It's shit
>Server issues out the ass
>Free version finally comes out
>It's shittier since it's stripped down
>Still server problems
>Free version gets pulled without an explanation
>Game is now bargain bin priced

They deserve to close
>>
>>331656083
Lionhead has some potential

And besides they're not firing everyone, some of them are getting assigned to other of their studios
>>
>>331651779

Serves them right for the abortion that was driveclubs launch.

Nevermind the fact they withheld the PSN+ version for what? Months.

Good riddance.
>>
>>331656118
Exactly. I don't know who this is surprising to.
>>
>>331656194
>Lionhead has some potential
>Without Moleunx
Nah, dead studio.
>>
>>331653320
Motorstorm 1 and 2 are the only good games they made for Sony

Driveclub is utter trash as a racer. Vehicle physics make no sense, they didn't bother with any shred realism because "lol its an arcade racer" but then they actively make the driving unfun by having all cars control like boats, which seems to miss the point of arcade racing.
>>
>>331651779
>>FR*CK
One job
>>
>>331653320
>make broken game for Sony
ftfy family
>>
File: Do I really wanna do this.png (36 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
Do I really wanna do this.png
36 KB, 321x322
>5th Cell dead
>Evolution dead
>Lionhead dead

Rare's next I can feel it
>>
>>331656083
>ironic

You don't know what that word means. What exactly is ironic here? They're helping Evolution Studios land jobs at other places at Sony and elsewhere as well.
>>
>>331656893
>Rare's next
Depends on their pirate game.
>>
>>331656893
Black Box :(
Square Soft :(
>>
>>331655896
To be fair Microsoft gave lionhead the cold hard boot. Sony is atleast reallocating their staff instead of putting them on the street.
Hell since they picked up EX-lionhead people maybe they'll just make a new studio with the people they picked up and the people they're reallocating.
>>
>>331651779
Do you get the feeling /v/ that eventually there will only be like 10 developers left and they will make Cawwadooty, Watch Doge, The Division, Far Cry, etc?
>>
>>331657447
>Hell since they picked up EX-lionhead people
>He believes in this PR stunt
Kek.
>>
>>331657447

The Director of Driveclub confirmed on twitter all of them are gone from Sony and not being relocated.
>>
>>331657453
I'd be interested in say a large chart showing whether we're losing devs overall or whether new studios are making up for old studio losses. We would better be able to put into context whether these closings are actually a sign of the shrinking of the video game industry outside mobile
>>
>>331656897
are you able to read?
>>
>>331657453
And the only ones making any kind of actual games will be Nintendo. Unless you retards kill them.
>>
>>331657779
Then who the fuck are they reallocating? The fucking janitors?
>>
>>331657880
Nintendo is already dead, anon.
What walks now is not but a corpse.
>>
>Shit games has its development team kicked out

This should have happened much sooner for fucks sake
>>
>>331657931

No one. They always say "Reallocation" in PR statements in case there was someone they wanted to hold onto and to look good PR wise but the employees have said no one is being held on and they are all gone from Sony.
>>
> tfw no new motorstorm
>>
I still remember Adam Sessler being coke addled at E3 while talking to that one guy about Driveclub. Ah, good times...
>>
>console developer is closed
this just means consoles are healthy and theyre winning you pc fags!
>>
What I don't get is why Sony isn't just throwing them on a completely focus grouped project to get more games on PS4. What Sony needs now is not money but more games
>>
>>331658318
>What Sony needs now is not money but more games
Nope. 40 mil consoles sold without any real exclusive game.
>>
Can codemasters pick them as another studio?

Sega has a UK presence, maybe they hire them and publish a new Sega Rally game.
>>
>>331656604
Sorry, Motorstorm Apocalypse seemed great when I played it at a friend's house, I wish the game was released on PC as well
>>
File: forzach.jpg (13 KB, 360x450) Image search: [Google]
forzach.jpg
13 KB, 360x450
>>331653320
>Bizzare Evolution
>Evolution
>Real company name was Bizarre Creations
>>
Give us the 9/10 and wipe away the debt, Sess!
>>
>>331660057

what happened to this guy? he dead?
>>
>>331651779
>>331655780
>twitter cap (at least it provides context)
>FR*CK
>and a fucking link to Kotaku on top of all that

Bait or not, this thread went to shit real fast
>>
>>331657803
>are you able to read?

Are you?

Do you think it's "ironic" because Sony is also shutting down studios? That Sony are "no better themselves" or something for this? That doing this is an "evil move"? You're fucking retarded.

Evolution deserved this after their poor performance, delays, fuckups and more. It's perfectly understandable. But you want to twist this into Sony being bad guys (like the juvenile system war fag you are).
Sony is re-allocating the people to different parts of the company and helping the others to find jobs elsewhere, this is a nice move, something not all companies actually do.

Look up the fucking defintions of the words you use, you inbred sack of shit. There is nothing ironic here.
>>
>>331660157
He died a few months ago dude. Where have you been?
>>
>>331656083
Wait what? Did Lionhead finally go under?
>>
>>331660157
He left vidya forever
>>
>>331660513
I don't think you are able to read.
Or this isn't an actual response from a real person, just some bot replying or somesuch
>>
>>331655872
They need all the help they can get
>>
>>331660513
jesus christ, shut up you dumb sonyfag
>>
>>331656192
>Free version gets pulled without an explanation
No it didn't, we knew it was leaving the store.
>>
>>331660409
I hate these twitter screencap threads too.
>>
>>331660727

why did he do that?
>>
>>331661215
cocaine hit him too hard
>>
>>331661215
Because

1. He had become too divorced from the opinions of his viewership and every new crisis or scandal upset him
2. He got too cozy with publishers and it prevented him from letting his real opinion out about games in the later times
3. As an extension of 2, he sort of lost the vigor and zest for playing games because it just became like a job to him and he felt shackled, he couldn't even express his real opinion on the games either
>>
>>331660762
>>331660872
I see you're starting to samefag now too, retard.
You can't even come with ANY counter arguments to your utter stupidity to defend your moronity with.
Fuck A class retard, well done. Now fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
>>331661215
>why did he do that?

He didn't leave vidya, the place that he was employed at (Rev3 games) was shutting down and he left to do freelance work. It's just that he hasn't been relevant enough to be seen that much.
>>
Deserves it

I hope the art director got fired and not transferred

>My programming team is a bunch of idiots, everytime they reach 60fps, I just make them put more effects until it's back to 30fps. There is nothing they can do about it either.

>It's more cinematic that way :^)
>>
>>331662598
Did he really say this?
>>
>>331661897
I didn't think they let the institutionalized use the internet. Don't spit out your pills
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.