[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheap on PSN atm always been curious to play. Is it fun? Scary?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg (21 KB, 295x336) Image search: [Google]
The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg
21 KB, 295x336
Cheap on PSN atm always been curious to play. Is it fun? Scary? I played Res4 and I lost interest maybe because of how dated it felt.
>>
>>331391914
I bought it and really didn't enjoy it..
I put maybe 1.5 hours into it though before I felt burnt out. Idk, watch a couple lets play's or something before really making a stone decision. Good luck OP!
>>
I played it a bit with some mates while we were drunk and was pretty enjoyable
>>
>>331391914
Are we talking the PS4 version?

It's pretty fun and the combat is really satisfying although the tone and pacing is really schitzophrenic, every chapter feels like it was just ripped out of a completely different game, but that's kind of the point, the last few chapters are pretty shit though, especially the city one.

You should also be aware that the game has a lot of framerate issues in the first couple of chapters on the PS4, they don't make the game unplayable, but they are very noticeable.

I'd still recommend it though, the first 2 DLC packs are also pretty good.
>>
if you like RE4, itll click after a certain point into the game

dlcs are good

that being said, RE4 was better
>>
>>331391914
Well, it's okay.

The game has great atmosphere, and the story is average with good voice acting.

However, I've never seen a game that tried so hard to be scary but failed in my eyes.

Concerning gameplay, you have to conserve bullets and materials.
Lots of times I would use too many bullets and restart from my checkpoint for the reason that I'd be left using my shitty melee, or have too few bullets for the upcoming segment.
And land your headshots right on center( hitting a head on the left or right side will only chip away at it).
Sneak mechanic was difficult for me, unlike other games, enemies don't follow a specific tracking pattern.
Their aimless wandering makes it difficult to sneak up on them. Again causing me to reload a checkpoint if I failed, in order to save bullets.

The ending of the game is rushed, but the ending battle really stuck out to me, loved it.
>>
how much is it? can't find the deal
>>
>>331391914
I bought it because I'm an RE4 fan.
It's so much better than RE but it really burns you out. I found myself turning it off really early every time I played it and never finished it.

I let my brother start playing it at that point, he loves it and finished it, looks like it gets better and better after about 1/3 through but I didn't want to bother to get to it.
>>
>>331392495
I have a ps3 so.... how much of a difference does it make?
>>
>>331392653
Im in New Zealand its a easter special $12NZD
>>
I like this one more than RE4. I'm not a huge horror guy, but it's spooky enough for me. I like setting more disturbing too, RE4 felt little bit too campy or something.
>>
Best horror game in years Tbh
>>
>>331393410
I don't know how the PS3 version fares, I've only played it on PS4 and PC, I can only imagine it's worse.

Look up some PS3 footage on youtube, particularly for chapter 3 as that's the most problematic chapter for performance.
>>
I got that on a sale on steam for 15 dollars which included the dlc

the game is okay but it really doesnt have any replay value and i think it overstayed its welcome around chapter 12

didn't really like the dlcs
>>
>>331391914

Quality drops sharply after chapter 7, but it's pretty decent before then and showed signs of immense promise.
>>
File: 1444706525060.png (480 KB, 496x708) Image search: [Google]
1444706525060.png
480 KB, 496x708
>>331391914
Played it on PC.
It is not a horror game, it is an action game. They throw you into popular horror scenes and give you weapons to kill the monster with. It completely kills the horror when 2 shotgun shells to the face can kill Freddy Kruger. Although I admit I had some fun blowing up these said hollywood monsters.
>>
>>331394113
Try playing on akumu or nightmare you fuckin clown

Not every horror game needs to be a 2deep4u walking sim. Some can offer horror through enemy design, level design, atmosphere, tense situations, etc.
>>
>>331394582
not him but I'm pretty sure you don't have access to those difficulties the first time around
>>
>>331394582
Fucking this.
Akumu took my like 35 hours but was worth it.
I remember I saved my magnum specifically for that shithead snake boss. Destroyed his ass.
>>
>>331394706
Even the normal difficulty has limited ammo and some tough encounters for a newcomer (esp. if you don't use much keys/upgrades).

It just irks me that people think games can't be horror if they have any bit of action to them. I don't get scared by horror games, but there were many tense and exhilarating moments in The Evil Within due to top notch level design and encounters. Just because it has guns doesn't mean it's not horror or that it's a bad game. It was my personal GotY 2014
>>
I'm a huge puss when it comes to some games due to constant jump scares in them, but this one only has about 3. The atmosphere is absolutely amazing. It really grasps the horror aspect well. The combat is very good, and the ammo is limited unless you discover a few tricks. It becomes a little too action-y at times but it was a great game
>>
>>331391914
Watched my friend play it and cracked a few Persona jokes. Looked pretty fun and got spooky enough to make my friend scream. All in all, it's probably as entertaining to play as it was to watch.
>>
>>331391914
I liked the game. Has a nice mix of RE4 and Silent Hill. Its not too scary nor is it perfect but TEW is still a better game then RE5 & 6 combined
>>
>>331394917
I did play it on normal. It was not like there was literally some sections where it was a horde mode. I personally never was scared in any section besides the first segment when I literally had no weapon and I don't think I want to go through that slogfest again on any difficulty.
>>
>>331391914
Best RESIDENT EVIL game in a decade.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.