[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello fellow /v/irgins I started playing Warframe a long time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Excalibur_Wallpaper.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Excalibur_Wallpaper.jpg
261 KB, 1920x1080
Hello fellow /v/irgins
I started playing Warframe a long time ago and got back to playing it again after a long break.
Does it always take so long to get new warframe schematics in the game, or am i doing something wrong? The only full set of schematics i got was for Rhino from Jackal, and i can't craft all the parts yet, should i rush some missions to unlock new planets and get components?
The progression is fine, but getting new stuff is so slow, does it get better as the game progresses?
>>
File: Bx7kLxZCUAEQQ9j.png (287 KB, 600x312) Image search: [Google]
Bx7kLxZCUAEQQ9j.png
287 KB, 600x312
>>330974218
Do you?
>>
File: Wvqvdjl.png (159 KB, 1506x1520) Image search: [Google]
Wvqvdjl.png
159 KB, 1506x1520
Rhino Is a solid choice for now. Decent stats and easy abilities but you could probably try to get to Alad V and get valkyrs parts eventually.
>>
>>330974218
Of course
You get frame parts from bosses of each planet

They are rare drops anyway and one of those is rarer than the others typically systems.
It's sheer luck whether you get it fast or slow.

When I was without pc for a while I played it on ps4 and got from tutorial to rhino within 2 hours

Warframe is actually the good kind of F2P everything is obtainable for free.
You pay money for platinum and use plat to reduce build time and get things quicker. Building stuff in the foundry takes time, anywhere from 12 hours to a week
Plat reduces the wait, that's where the real money comes from.

Noone is kidding when they say this is grind: the game
You grind to get to bosses
You grind the bosses for parts
You grind events and missions for parts and money to build those parts
You use those frames to grind other stuff easier and quicker
>>
>>330974546
Valkyr is a better endgame tank than rhino for sure but when starting there's very little benefit over rhino.

Starter frame should carry until you get another you like
Whihc is typically nova, Saryn or equinox
>>
>>330974880
>use plat to reduce build time and gets things quicker
No.........just......no.....
>>
>>330975072
>and get valkyrs parts 'eventually' >_>
Equinox is probably the only frame I'd suggest buying besides chroma
>>
>>330974880
Well, it't true that the game is relying heavily on grinding, but they made the actual grind fun.
I'll try to get my friends into the game, i'm tired of people in public games rushing everything.
Most of the players don't realise how lucky they can get from opening green lockers.
From what you wrote here i conclude you can get virtually any warframe from bosses with some luck, components and a lot of time on your hands.
Good, i needed to know if the game doesn't stop at a dead end.
>>
>>330975185
what about vauban?
>>
>>330974880
You can't get any cosmetic without plat.
>>
>>330975203
The grind gets old fast. And you're wrong about frames. Three come from quests, two only drop parts from special enemies, one from sorties, another from orokin derelict, four or five from clan research and that's not mentioning prime frames which only drop parts from void levels and some aren't even currently available.
>>
Get the tonkor and Loki Prime and you're set for life in this game.
>>
>>330975382
>limbo
Hate seeing that faggot, he constantly banishes me.
>>
>>330975356
Depends I guess, i'm willing to wait for all his alerts.
>>
>>330975446
Lol.
Besides the fact you can roll out of rift mode you're gaining energy in the rift and health if the limbo has that specific augment on.
Although I only play him when there's an operative in the mission or if we don't have a frost.
>>
>>330975082
That's what plat is mainly used for.

Very little plat is actually used in the shop
>>
>>330975621
Trading, cosmetics, imprints, buying packs or warframes,
Rushing shit with plat is stupid if it isn't forma.
>>
>>330975370
Events and baro give cosmetics
>>
>>330975621
You have no idea what you're talking about. Only use plat to make trades with other players. And to get one or two color palettes.
>>
>>330975683
I know that, but people are impatient
>>
>>330975793
Completely unacceptable, it's such a waste
>>
>>330975727
I know that dipshit, but that's what plat was designed for.
Have you ever played a f2p game before?
>>
Get Chroma the Magic Dragon and build ice. Do you want to shit out 1000% extra damage and armor, as well as be unkillable? Get her
>>
>>330974218
Progress through the planets until you get access to all the materials.

Most bosses drop schematics for a frame.

Put two and two together, repeat ad infinitum for benefits that don't exist and an endgame that shouldn't exist.
>>
>>330975860
It doesn't matter what it was designed for, when you're telling someone information, you should just skip over the useless shit and just tell them what is worthwhile. Plus the original post that sparked the conversation implied that using Plat to rush shit was "where the money comes from". No one fucking does this unless they're new or an absolute god damn retard. Only use plat for trades and getting one color palette so your frames don't look like ass, end of story.
>>
File: 1388092862629.png (56 KB, 310x350) Image search: [Google]
1388092862629.png
56 KB, 310x350
>>330976039
but chroma is a boy
>>
WARBROS #1
>>
The absurd crafting times are what keeps me from getting invested in it. If I don't like a frame I get bored long before the crafting of a new frame finishes. It's not exactly generous about letting you try stuff out, and I'm not about to drop real money on crafting times without being absolutely sure I'll like whatever it is I'm crafting.
>>
Grindier than most Korean MMOs I've played. Perhaps all of them. And I've played a lot.

On the upside, the effects of the grinding are FUCKING tangible.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.