[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lightningreturns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: lightningreturns.jpg (266 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lightningreturns.jpg
266 KB, 1920x1080
hi, i just bought lightning returns on steam cause it was cheaper, i wanted to ask if i need to watch like 16 hours of cutscenes from ff xiii and xiii-2 to understand the story, (i already watched about 6 hours of the first one), i tried ffxiii but i dont like the combat so i didnt go too far in story, is there something i need to know before i start? (story, gameplay etc.)
>>
>>330349784
No, not really.

Just watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXzk1YPlHpM
>>
>>330350071

you are like fallen angels, but you aren't demons. it's totally fucked up because the god beings decided one day that you were in a deal where you were angels but you have to do the trial but you don't know what it is and you're not allowed to know. so now they are taking you sister because you fucked up, and they put her on ice.

now, you and hope are like rogue gods or something and can stop time and do god stuff and you still wanna get your sister thawed out.

thats all i know man, those games are fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1.jpg (87 KB, 790x796) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
87 KB, 790x796
XIII-2 is more relevant to the story than XIII is. In fact, the story of XIII only serves as background information, and it's a clusterfuck anyway so it's more trouble than it's worth. Neither is explicitly necessary because LR gives you the essentials.

Keep in mind XIII-2 is a better game with better protagonist(s), antagonist, and story, so you should play it first anyway.
>>
>>330349784

You won't understand the story even if you do that.

You will only understand the story if you read all the datalogs in each game that explain what's actually going on and who all these gods are.
>>
>>330350424
That's all completely wrong.

>>330350629
Also this.
>>
>>330349784
Isn't the combat the same?

It remember skipping this because the description on Steam said it was
>>
>>330350752
No.
>>
thanx guys now i know i can play the game and hope to have some fun and if i need to know more about the story than it is in the game i can find it on net
>>
>>330350752

Lightning Returns has pure action combat.
>>
Great final boss fight imo
>>
Lightning has no ass.
>>
>>330352317
Easily the best in the franchise, although that's not saying much.
>>
>>330353016
The 13 franchise?
>>
>>330353169
Final Fantasy.

Bhunivelze is the toughest and most fun final boss to fight.
>>
>>330353805
Maybe because it's like one of the only full action ones? Don't get me wrong is one of my favorite ones too. It was hype as hell for me and my friends who were spectating.
>>
>>330349784
You might be less confused if you don't play the previous games. They keep resetting shit so the events of the previous game hardly matter.
>>
>>330353009
But she is built for fight.
>>
>>330353990
Was great for me too
And my sister was watching
>start fight
>divine love starts
>ALRIGHT, FINAL BOSS THEME IS HERE, DIE YOU WINGED FAGGOT
>see low HP in stats page
>OH THAT'S BULLSHIT COME ON, I KNOW YOU CAN DO BETTER
>whoop his ass pretty easily
>TOO EASY GIVE ME A CHALLENGE NOW
>second form starts spamming magic attacks
>FUCK YEAH
>he uses Genethliac Hymn
>OH GET DOWN HERE, WHAT IS THIS SHIT?
>he uses dancing mad
>WAIT WUT? DID READ THAT RIGHT?
>fucking massive damage
>WHAT? WELL SHIT
>beat 2nd form
>ALRIGHT FINAL FORM COMING UP NOW
>3rd form is fucking brutal
>SHIT, WAIT, HE'S ONLY USING PHYSICALS, AND THE MUSIC DIDN'T CHANGE YET
>THERE'S ANOTHER FORM AFTER THIS ONE?
>he uses almagest
>ENOUGH WITH THE FANSERVICE, YOU'RE KILLING ME HERE
>he uses hypernova, and hits
>FUG
>SUPERNOVA WASN'T ENOUGH HUH?
>finally beat this form
>THIS REALLY WASN'T THE LAST WAS IT?
>music changes, he gets angry and bends the stage
>I WILL KILL YOU AND YOU WILL STAY DEAD THIS TIME
>almost no dange
>SERIOUSLY? EVEN WITH ULTIMA WEAPON?
>I GOTTA STAGGER THIS THING?
>sis: YOU CAN DO IT BRO, OR I CAN DO IT FOR YOU IF YOU SUCK THAT MUCH
>SHUT UP, I'M CONCENTRATING
>he uses heartless angel
>OH FUCK NO YOU DO HIT ME WITH THAT
>parry it
>YES!
>overclock and army of one
>STAGGER YOU PIECE OF SHIT
>didn't do it
>OH COME ON
>overclock again
>almost but not there yet
>WHO DESIGNED THIS? I'M GONNA HAVE TO STAGGER HIM A MILLION TIMES TO KILL HIM ANYWAY, WHO DOES THIS?
>overclock + army of one again
>stagger wave is red but not staggered
>AAAAARRGH, WHY DON'T YOU DIE?
>he uses heartless angel
>NOT AGAIN
>keep wailing and finally stagger him
>go to town of his sorry staggered ass
>heartless angel hits
>NOOOOOOOOOOOO
>1hp
>DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE
>he fucking dies
>YEEEEEEEEEEES
>throw my controller at the sofa, stand up and start breathing heavily
>beat Bhuni on my fiest try, using every item, all my EP and with 1 HP left
>got an adrenaline surge after getting hit with heartless angel
>>
File: 1448137885384.jpg (20 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1448137885384.jpg
20 KB, 258x245
>>330349784
you seriously bought a final fantasy game? what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>330356685
Fucking kek, I wish I was THAT hype. I was also emotional too. Finishing the trilogy, when I finally was able to play it after almost 6 years of wanting to play it. And stretching it out to 9 months of playing them.

My friends were watching and cheering louder than we were watching the superbowl. And they were still hype in the ending cutscenes. It was like at 11 at night too.
>>
>>330356685
Also, makes me curious. How did your sister react to you "celebrating"?
>>
>>330357647
She spread her legs and let anon fuck her six ways to Sunday.
>>
>>330357647
A "blowjob" I'm sure.
>>
>>330349784
Seems like everyday we have an anon that buys Lightning Returns (or any of the XIII series) on Steam doesnt it? Anyways, you dont need to read a book but, watch that video that this anon gave you >>330350071 you'll be set.
Get XIII-2, I think its the best one of the series, not counting Lightning's absence.
>>
>>330356685
Ereshkigal was a million times harder
>>
>>330349784
Yeah, there's a shitton of story and background wrapped up in this, but here's all you really need to know.
Snow, Sazh, Vanille, and Fang were all party members from XIII, who shared in the fate of being made L'Cie, pawns of the Falcie which are basically demigods fighting over the fate of the world. Lightning went along with the quest to try to save her younger sister Serah, who completed her task as a L'Cie and was turned to crystal as a result. They succeed in their task, kind of, and shit goes south, but then Fang and Vanille sacrifice themselves to stop the world-ending event of the upper world crashing into the lower world. This is all reset at the beginning of XIII-2, where Serah is now alive and well, Lightning and the rest of the crew are missing, and then time travel shit happens(Seriously, XIII-2's story is an absolute mess). Serah dies at the end, and Lightning is very upset about this, so she goes into a self-imposed cryostasis exile. She wakes up at the start of Lightning Returns to find out that the world is ending because of reasons, and you have to save as many souls as possible so that God can repopulate the new world with these souls. Yes, this is all exactly as insane as it sounds. Honestly, the whole plot is pretty patently ridiculous and convoluted, but the combat in LR is actually pretty excellent, so play it for that if nothing else, and check out the cutscenes for the previous games on youtube or whatever.
>>
>>330350752
It's more tactical and quick-paced. Not pure action combat, but kind of like a real time dress sphere system.
>>
Its actually better to don't know whats going on for the whole game, the story is so bad that it will only make you angry if you played the previous ones.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.