[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What video game(s) did you play today, /v/? How are you liking it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: 1438481063514.jpg (41 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
1438481063514.jpg
41 KB, 600x579
What video game(s) did you play today, /v/?

How are you liking it?
>>
>>329217047
I'm playing KotOR 2 right now. It fucking blows my mind sometimes
>piece together how assassin droid murders entire mining colony
>meet assassin droid before this, need to get voice code to disable a lock out of him
>he refuses to give play back the code for me
>only other person capable of doing this was killed by him
>find voice recorder/translator that's obviously incredibly useful
>record him and open the door
>he later finds you and attempts to kill you

>skip 5-6 hours later
>repair assassin droid from previous game after killing other assassin droids on other planets
>he studies voice thing, tells PC that it's based off of assassin droid voice modulators and that it sends a passive continuous signal to other assassin droids in the vicinity alerting them of your prescence

So the assassin droid in the beginning completely set you the fuck up in case he failed. Also explains how other droids found you. Really great storytelling.
>>
RE0
The first hour was backtracking up and down a single hallway.
>>
Red Orchestra 2. From about midnight onwards only US servers are populated and I have awful ping on those. Still a nice game.
>>
>>329217414
I'm hesitant to play RE0 for that exact reason. On one hand, I do like linearity, and the openness of RE2 kind of turned me off at times, but literally running around in a train for fuck knows how long seems... ehhhh

>>329217315
Sounds awesome. Is KOTOR 2 better than the first KOTOR?
>>
Played some more The Wolf Among Us. Im getting more into the atmosphere and story
>>
File: 2016-02-28_00001.jpg (275 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-28_00001.jpg
275 KB, 1920x1080
>>329217047
>pic related
It's ok, I'm having fun.

I like all of Bethesda's waifu simulators, as well as their earlier RPGs.
>>
>>329217545
Are you Australian?
I'm in the US and my ping to EU servers is bad, but playable.
>>
>>329218198
Yurop. 200+ ping in every US server. Not fun.
>>
>>329217727
I just played the first KotOR recently. I didn't care too much for it. Storytelling was weak and the cast of characters was poorly developed.
KotOR 2 is a straight improvement to KotOR 1. It fleshes out events from the first game, characters, motivations, etc etc. It's actually really shocking how the sequel done by a different team tells the story of the original game in a much superior way. I'm constantly surprised by character interactions and details in the story where the first KotOR didn't get my brain going at all. I knew the twist shortly after leaving the first planet which is an incredible disappointment.

There are some issues I have with KotOR 2's storytelling (sometimes the player is shown cutscenes that don't involve the player), but I'm not sure really if that's restored content from the mod I'm using or not. I didn't play the original KotOR 2 before shit was restored. So maybe vanilla game is weak as hell, but I'm really enjoying it so far.
>>
>>329217047
Still playing Mother 1.
Never got the chance to play even Earthbound since I grew up with the Gamecube and shit, so it's nice to go back and play all three.
>>
>>329217047
I'm about to start Silent Hill 3. I'm pretty excited to say the least. 1 & 2 were great.
>>
>>329218939
I only played 4, didn't really like it.
>>
ive been installing any and every decent mod for fallout 4 and playing that

i just want more content, everything feels so shallow
>>
>>329218939
Keep your expectations low.
>>
Just got done playing a bit of Condemned. The game feels clunky but for some reason I really enjoy it.

Played a couple hours of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic earlier. I really have been loving it.

Also Euro Truck Simulator 2 while listening to this album. So relaxing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlMPp46zOi4
>>
GTA5
>Love it

MGSV
>Love it

Far Cry 4
>Love it

Dying Light
>Love it

The Witcher
>Love it

The Last Of Us Remastered
>Love it
>>
File: 1392144046879.jpg (9 KB, 226x166) Image search: [Google]
1392144046879.jpg
9 KB, 226x166
>>329219343
>The Last Of Us Remastered
>Love it
>>
I played four games of dota2 and all of them were enjoyable
>>
>>329219343
Currently also playing Last of Us. The game feels really slow, I guess. Lots of sneaking around. Hope it picks up.
>>
>>329219240
Condemned is the shit. I know exactly what you mean by clunky though. Playing with mouse and keyboard definitely helps. I wish Bloodshot got a PC port, and that they'd make a third one, since the second doesn't completely wrap up the story, and it made the mistake of introducing too much gunplay, even though the melee combat was improved. They'd probably just fuck up the third game like FEAR did though.
>>
File: 1418944149606.png (164 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
1418944149606.png
164 KB, 500x446
Decided to retry Inquisition a few days back to fill the rpg void after beating dogma a few times
started to get really into it, then accidentally deleted my 26 hour save a few hours ago
I cant decide to try again with a new build or just fucking give up and maybe resub to wow or something
oh, and the servers for it are down so i have to wait to even try and restart
>tldr
not a great day for vidya
>>
>>329219698
fuck off
>>
File: 1367812670712.gif (700 KB, 353x196) Image search: [Google]
1367812670712.gif
700 KB, 353x196
Far Cry 4 - ok
Grow Home - meh
Rainbow Six Siege - some of the most fun I've had in years
Grim Dawn - it's alright
>>
SUPER

HOT

SUPER

HOT
>>
File: header.jpg (127 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
127 KB, 460x215
>>329217047
~4 hrs in Shadow of Mordor, and it's pretty comfy so far. Bamham combat sucks, but at least I can be sneaky most of the time.
>>
>>329219891
I bought it with my PS4, unaware that it would be so stealth-heavy. I've learned from playing it that I don't really like stealth unless you're an overpowered super soldier (Deus Ex: HR and MGSV), or it's a horror game where you're horribly underpowered (Alien: Isolation and Amnesia). The in-between feels awkward to me, and I just want to shoot zombies Evil Within style.
>>
Koi Koi Japan
Nice, but I think I was spoiled by the Yakuza 3 version

Tekken 6 PSP
Not much
>>
>>329220035
>accidentally deleted my 26 hour save a few hours ago
Sorry to hear that, anon. I know that feel, kinda. I accidentally deleted PT off my PS4 the other day after being scared so badly I accidentally hit "delete" instead of "close application". I don't think the proxy method to redownload it works anymore either, so I've lost a major piece of horror game history, and my PS4 has lost a lot of future value.
>>
>>329220339
that sucks dude, PT was great

I'm especially bummed because I dont wanna redo the same build for fear of burnout, but know dont like how any other builds look
I may have just fucked myself out of 60$ of playable game
>>
>>329219343
>being this pleb
>>
I just wasted an entire day on Factorio.
Why do I buy these games when I have a thesis to write.
>>
MGS5
>Quiet AI is bad
>missions are getting really repetitive (in fact the whole 'open' world is)
>the plot is nonexistent
>the whole aspect of building your army is a chore

Infiltrating bases and the whole stealth mechanics are nice, but this is probably my least favorite MGS so far (even though 4 felt weird as fuck), despite how polished the engine is and how nice the game looks. I just don't like it very much. I'm 14% done and I just don't feel like picking it up again.
>>
>>329217047
>Metal Gear Solid V
Not sure how to feel about it so far, but I find airlifting animals oddly addicting. The open world is an interesting direction, but it all feels very samey, and I miss the level design of the older games.
>Pokemon Yellow: You Bought it Again Edition
It's Pokemon, probably not worth the asking price but nostalgic as heck.
>>
>>329217047
SOCOM fireteam bravo, dug out my old PSP and wanted something comfy to play.
>>
File: 1436257131416.gif (574 KB, 250x292) Image search: [Google]
1436257131416.gif
574 KB, 250x292
>FEAR
It's great. Pretty good balance of difficulty. The level design isn't bad, but a minimap/general objective arrow would be nice every once in a while, since every room in the whole goddamn office looks the same.

>Dead Space
In retrospect, not quite as good as 2, but still fun. Playing on hard mode and enjoying scraping by with very little ammo.

>Gravity Rush Remastered
Quality game. Frustrating at times when I can't tell what direction I'm facing, and I get all flip-turned upside down and confused. Boss battles and challenges are kind of frustrating for that reason.

>Danganronpa: THH
Finally beat it. Kind of disappointed with the ending and how it doesn't show what the outside world actually looks like. I was hoping for/expecting a somewhat happy ending, and thinking that it was all just in a computer simulation or something, but it ultimately left me pretty flaccid. Good game though, and a great soundtrack. Wish it was less hand-holdy, and had more logical solutions during the class trials. I should probably emulate the Ace Attorney games if I want actual logical investigations though, right?

Also, Chihiro is best girl
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.