[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is SMT4 good or what ? I saw a couple of gameplays and shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Shin_Megami_Tensei_IV_Cover.jpg (55 KB, 400x356) Image search: [Google]
Shin_Megami_Tensei_IV_Cover.jpg
55 KB, 400x356
So is SMT4 good or what ? I saw a couple of gameplays and shit was really bad graphically
>>
good 3ds game mediocre smt game

way too much RNG leads to (literal) TRIGGER WARING artificial difficulty. smirks and partners who attack the enimies resistances as well as back attacks and shit make the game a chore. it's usually either too hard or too easy as well and never perfect. 2d battles are dogshit as well.

over all world/level design, gameplay, overworld graphics music and story are good though. worth picking up. and lot's of content.
>>
>>285115056
The 3ds holds it back in everyway possible. The art design is by far the worst on the whole series and extremely inconsistent due to clashing with old designs and even a completely what the fuck tier omoikane. The difficulty is laughable a few hours in. The demon voice acting is completely fucking ATROCIOUS and also inconsistent. Demon conversation is literally a die roll with no after thought at all, it's not interesting in the slightest. While I don't really have a problem with it, the smirk mechanic does annoy a lot of people. By far the worst lucifer design ever. Demon fusing has been completely casualized because you can handpick every skill you want so the game gets completely broken while you're still level 20/30. The overworld map is complete fucking cancer and borderline unusable and the worst offender of all, you have to beat the game to be able to play on Hard.

I'd say it's only positive trait is that it has a god tier OST. That's fucking it.
>>
>>285115056
The fact that it's so hard to find and that it's on the 3DS turned me off buying it entirely. If it were on the Vita or a proper console, I would have brought it.
>>
Awful graphics, even for a handheld game - even Strange Journey for the ordinary DS is more visually appealing. Gameplay is some of the weakest in SMT. Still decent.
>>
>>285115653
Also if it serves as means of comparison. I had played Strange Journey followed by Devil Survivor 1 right before I jumped into smt 4. I LOVED SJ and DeSu 1 and they shit all over smt 4 effortlessly.

And I almost forgot. The game introduces some characters and even have dedicated pages on the strategy guide for them only so they don't even get mentioned anymore all of a sudden. It's overall a really shitty game.
>>
>>285115653
>Demon fusing has been completely casualized because you can handpick every skill you want
That's not really casualization, just the removal of artificial difficulty and padding bullshit. I hope SMT V lets you pick skills instead of randomizing fusion over and over again, but ramps the difficulty up to compensate.
>>
It's fun, but I'm still struggling to see if it's good or not.

>You will either completely dominate or get completely fucked in the ass, no middle ground
>Everything is expensive and you need to grind hard to get money
>No matter what you say to demons it's still a 50/50 chance they'll join you

Just beat Medusa and got to Tokyo. Am I doing this right?
>>
>>285115773
>The fact that it's so hard to find
it's on amazon for 20 fucking bucks
>>
>>285115653
don't know why people say this, they coukld have had 3d battles and a more consistent art design on 3ds if they put the effort in.

it's also not that easy when you get to tokyo or that hard in the first hours, like all the press turn system games the battles are just the same formula > team with resistances to boss> debuff> buff> heal> attack and exploit weaknesses> maybe set up some reflectors> repeat.
>>
NO
It is fucking terrible, do not play it
Do you have a PS2/PS3? or a PC that can emulate PS2?
Just play the other Shin Megami Tensei games on those, SMT IV is nintendrone trash
>The difficulty curve is retarded
>Worse production values than SMT3 (fucking 2d sprites compared to 3d models)
>dumb DLC
>Lucifer looks dumb
>>
>>285115558
>>285115653

It's a average game then ?

>>285115773

This, I thought it would be a way better game in Vita
>>
>>285115945
your an idiot. issacar is an important character and is supposed to be a bait and switch.

and the game is way better than strange journey, which has a good story but terrible gameplay.
>>
>>285115056
IT's above average.
>Graphics are bad
It's a fucking 3DS game.
>>
It's good. Aside from the general new art I like the graphics. The environments are pretty and even though I would've liked 3D models, using sprites allowed them to cram a ton of demons into this, more than any other SMT.

My main gripe with the gameplay is how easy it is to create a party where you wreck everything and demons are too useful for too long. This has pervaded the series recently and it annoys me (it's in Persona too, but I expect Persona to be piss easy).

>>285116041
>You will either completely dominate or get completely fucked in the ass, no middle ground
>No matter what you say to demons it's still a 50/50 chance they'll join you

That's SMT in general really.

The money thing gets less restrictive pretty quickly.
>>
>>285116037
>it removes padding
>by adding padding

Yeah, no. At least make the fusions fixed with demons downright refusing certain skills instead of letting you get Churel and have every single fucking demon ever learn Drain so you never run out of mp ever and just proceed to curbstomp everything effortlessly.
>>
>All these salty Sonyggers
>>
>>285116361
it's a good 3ds game, people are just buttblasted it's not as good as others in the series.

think of it like dark souls 2.
>>
>>285116280
It has the hardest start of any smt game to date and it falls off a cliff right after Medusa
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.