[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I challenge /v/ to name 10 modern business decisions from this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: nintendo-mario-logo[1].jpg (146 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-mario-logo[1].jpg
146 KB, 1280x960
I challenge /v/ to name 10 modern business decisions from this company that you agree with/thought were a good choice.
>>
>>323349410
Free online
Free DLC (for some games)
Miiverse is fun but a little overbearing

That's all I can think of.
>>
File: 21435236778856.jpg (6 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
21435236778856.jpg
6 KB, 320x180
Free online
Free DLC
Contract more third parties to make exclusives
Start using their IPs outside of their consoles and handhelds (Nintendo Amusement Park, TekkenPokemon)
Remaster older classics, I dunno about you, but I particularly love remasters as long as they're JUST Remasters and not Remakes. Except in the case of REmake, that was actually good.

But I challenge you to find any company that has 10 publicly agreeable business decisions. That's a lot. I can't think of ANY company that has more than 5 decisions I didn't hate. And finding 5 I like kinda stretches it. Now if you want me to tell you 10 business decisions Nintendo's made that I hate, or any company really, that's much easier.
>>
>>323349410
Backwards compatibility
>>
>>323350284
Fine.

I challenge /v/ to name 5 modern business decisions from this company that you agree with or thought were a good choice.
>>
>>323350603
>Free online
>Free DLC
>Contract more third parties to make exclusives
>Start using their IPs outside of their consoles and handhelds (Nintendo Amusement Park, TekkenPokemon)
>Remaster older classics

Also >>323350562 this. So, six things Nintendo's done I actually like. I want to say seven, because I want to like the NX, but I don't think I will. It sounds too good to be true, and I just know Nintendo is going to foul the waters with it in some shape or form.
>>
>>323349410

Not being like Sony
Not being like Microsoft
>>
Christ, is that it? Why do people here even joke that this place is "NintendoGAF"? Do you guys hate them so much that you have to make up contrasting views so that you don't go insane?
>>
>>323353107
I like Nintendo games but they aren't perfect. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>323349410
Free online
Reliable build quality
DLC done right at times
Backwards compatibility
Isn't afraid to new things with hardware

Thats it and to be fair I can't name 10 for anyone, not even like
>>
>>323349410
1. Free online
2. Free DLC
3. Refusal to enter the season pass bullshit of Sony and Microsoft
4. Backwards compatibility
5. External storage support
6. Nintendo Direct
7. Wireless controllers that actually come with charging cables and battery
8. Still including manuals with games. Though less and less
9. Gyros and gamepad
10. Staying the fuck out of South America
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.