[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people browsing this board RIGHT NOW who unironically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: charactermodelstexture.jpg (283 KB, 864x479) Image search: [Google]
charactermodelstexture.jpg
283 KB, 864x479
>there are people browsing this board RIGHT NOW who unironically think vanilla Oblivion was better than vanilla Skyrim

Reminder Oblivion had

>enemy and loot scaling out the ass, can never feel like a badass
>shitty weed whacker combat
>is a T rated game, but because modders found hidden vanilla titties and vaginas on female models it got pushed to M
>horrible main quest
>copy+paste Ayleid Ruins for every dungeon
>psychic AI/guards
>copy+paste tree overworld
>half-assed vampire system
>horrible speech minigame
>create a character system was flawed as fuck and every character was an ugly as fuck abomination, even the NPCs

The ONLY good things about vanilla Oblivion were the amazingly written sidequests & factions, the OST, class system, and create-a-spell.

Vanilla Skyrim fixed all the problems above. The only thing it got wrong was the shitty main quest again, shittier sidequests/"infinite quests", and certain gameplay aspects were more casualized. Other than that, it was a way better game than Oblivion at launch, and if you disagree you're more than likely[/spoiler ]a nostalgia faggot.

Also Elder Scrolls general, what do you hope to see in TES IV? Do you think it could be good after the disaster that was Fallout 4?
>>
>>323239746
Heh. I bet you think you're some big player just cause you're someone important form your hug box reddit. Let me tell you something. That doesn't mean shit here. You need to man the fuck up if you want to make it here, let alone thrive in 4chan. You can start by talking about actual games, and not "M-my first RPG", the game. I've been here for years, ok kid. I know the ins and outs of this site. If you want some lessons on how to fit in, you know how to find me. See ya later... kid, I'll be watching
>>
>>323241734
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...
>>
>>323243635
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

thanks for posting the actual copy pasta though
>>
>>323239746
>The ONLY good things about vanilla Oblivion were the amazingly written sidequests & factions, the OST, class system, and create-a-spell.

This alone makes it better than skyrim's "explore a draugr filled cave" every single fucking time
>>
>>323243956
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little milk drinker? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Mage's College of Winterhold, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Summerset Isle, and I have over 300 confirmed Dragon souls absorbed. I am trained in hand-to-hand and magic combat, and I’m the top swordsman in the entire Imperial Legion. You are nothing to me but just another lesser Dragon. I will wipe you the f*ck out with pure brute force the likes of which has never been seen before on Nirn, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Dark Brotherhood assassins across the whole of Tamriel and your presence is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Empire of Cyrodiil and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury and Thu'um all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, troll bait.
>>
>>323239746
>The ONLY good things about vanilla Oblivion were the amazingly written sidequests & factions, the OST, class system, and create-a-spell.
And that's all I wanted out of my RPG better combat would have been nice but what ever.
>>
>>323239746
>>is a T rated game, but because modders found hidden vanilla titties and vaginas on female models it got pushed to M
It got pushed to M when they saw the Dark Brotherhood finale
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 600x622) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 600x622
>>323244836
Hey Faggots,
My name is John, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass pictures. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any pussy? I mean, I guess it’s fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on facebook.
Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was captain of the football team, and starter on my basketball team. What sports do you play, other than “jack off to naked drawn Japanese people”? I also get straight A’s, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It’s me and my bitch
>>
>>323245590

Man this meme has aged. Looking at that picture makes me nostalgic. Kinda sad.
>>
>>323239746

>enemy and loot scaling out the ass, can never feel like a badass
Better everything scales rather than entire parts of the map becoming worthless
>shitty weed whacker combat
Skyrim has this too, what?
>is a T rated game, but because modders found hidden vanilla titties and vaginas on female models it got pushed to M
Why does this matter at all?
>horrible main quest
Implying Skyrim's main quest wasn't awful
>copy+paste Ayleid Ruins for every dungeon
Let's not forget the copy + paste draugr ruins
>psychic AI/guards
I recall Skyrim's guards being just as retarded
>copy+paste tree overworld
I'll give you that.
>half-assed vampire system
Skyrim had this. inb4 "b-b-b-but muh paid DLC fixed it."
I agree that it was awful.
>create a character system was flawed as fuck and every character was an ugly as fuck abomination, even the NPCs
Character's in Skyrim looks extremely ugly as well, they just lost that clay-potato face.
>>
>>323245590
Stop Right There Criminal Scum,

My name is Imperial Guard, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are low endurance, low intelligence troublemakers who spend every second of their day looking for laws to break. You are everything bad in Tamriel. Honestly, have any of you ever bought something? I mean, I guess it's fun stealing shopkeepers' property because of your low score in mercantile, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than pickpocketing wandering traders when no guards are around.

Don't be a criminal. Just hit anyone within eyesight. I'm pretty much perfect. I was captain of the running team, and starter on my shouting team. What sports do you play, other than "commit senseless acts of violence and theft against those who cannot defend themselves"? I also have full Imperial Armor, and have arrested the hero many times (She just paid the fine; Shit was SO gold). You are all criminals who should just resist arrest. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: IF I HAD ONE
>>
>>323246065
good shit go౦ԁ sHit thats some goodshit rightthere rightthere if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷM HO0OଠOOOOOOଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good shit
>>
>>323245808
>Better everything scales rather than entire parts of the map becoming worthless
You really want the game to revolve around your character instead of being an actual internally consistent gameworld? Does it make any sense to see bandits with legendary daedric gear? No, bandits are a bunch of vagrants with stolen shit leather and steal. That's how it should be.
>>
>>323246461

I think there's a balance that can be struck. I agree that bandits shouldn't be rolling around in daedric, but I would like to see new types of enemies that become more prevalent across the map with higher quality gear. Even more so if there's an in-world reason for their appearance like the oblivion gates.
>>
>>323239746
>The ONLY good things about vanilla Oblivion were the amazingly written sidequests & factions, the OST
Those are the only things I care about in TES games.
>>
>>323246781
I think some form of increasing difficulty is fine as long as their is an ingame explanation for it (people you pissed off sending assassins against you, rival factions, etc.)
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 373x471) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 373x471
>>323245805
Yeah, you seem like the kinda nerd that would get nostalgic over that fucking picture. Have you looked in the mirror? You're fucking pathetic you pear shaped faggot. While I'm out there making millions, with my name and face on magazine covers, you're posting on an anonymous image board like the coward you are because "M-making friends is h-hard!". Yeah, kinda like my dick in the girl that you like. I got married women coming at me to suck my fat dick, all while I'm making money and going down in history. See that pic? thats me, and it's also what your mom see's every night right before I go down on her. Peace out faggot
>>
>>323239746
Do you have a source on the "vanilla titties and vaginas"?
>>
Despite its flaws I sunk more hours into and thoroughly enjoyed Oblivion over Skyrim.
>>
>there are people on this board right now who have different opinions than I do
If you want a circlejerk you already know where to go
>>
>>323239746
Holy god I had forgotten about that shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWMxhG8Bqu4
>DONT TRY TO MANIPULATE ME
>That's just tal-
>Not now. Not-
>That's pretty good!

>Bye.
>>
>>323246996

Exactly this.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4282x5000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4282x5000
>>323249414
>MFW I just bribed everyone
>>
>>323239746
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't every TES game have psychic guards?
>>
Reminder Skyrim had

>
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.