[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ Rate my potential build? Critisism and Compliments are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
Hey /v/
Rate my potential build? Critisism and Compliments are appreciated,
Also, general build thread.

>inb4 intel fanboys
>>
Have you considered getting a SSD, at least like the 124GB ones?
>>
>>323151484

Eh, it's your choice to mix a mid-tier gaming CPU with a high-tier GPU.

I would in fact go Intel+AMD GPU. but otherwise it's an alright build.

I would recommend a WD blue drive and an SSD for the OS.

You don't really need an aftermarket cooler if you won't be OCing, but if you are, then that's a totally okay one.

You can also get by with a 600W PSU, but the 750W allows you to keep it for future builds as well, so if you ever plan to upgrade you'll only need a new mobo/cpu/ram/gpu, but nothing else.
>>
Give us a budget and country m8. Can't make an informed opinion
>>
>>323151686
Honestly, im kinda new to a lot of this and have no idea what the function of a SSD is.
>>323151742
I did intend to leave room for upgrade and I do eventually plan on OC. However, should I go for a more high tier CPU? or Lower GPU?
>>
>>323151835
Under 1500 hopefully, and I'm from the USA, my bad.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4KcjmG

Partlist, feel free to edit and repost ^
>>
>>323151938

The 8350 is OKAY for gaming, if that at all. They say an i3 is better, I don't believe that though, but that's not the point. Your CPU will be 100% bottlenecking your system when you go over 1080p (if you do) and in newer games even at 1080p, even if you OC it to 5Ghz. I would suggest an i5 at least (it's like what, $30-$40 more?), i7 for 1440p gaming and streaming, if you're going to be doing that.

In terms of GPU I would go for a Sapphire 390, but that's just personal choice. When I give people suggestions, I always leave the GPU choice to them, just give both options. The 970 and the whole >3.5 meme is something to be conscientious about and by buying this card you encourage this kind of behavior further down the road. The benefits of the 970 are the free games and lower power consumption, but the 390 does run quieter and cooler nevertheless (and it has 8GB of ram, though no one actually needs that much). So it doesn't really matter.

But yeah, I would suggest to leave out the cooler and get an i5. Otherwise it's a totally fine build. If you don't want your CPU to bottleneck but don't want to go Intel, you can try a 9k series AMD CPU, but eh, those aren't really for gaming either.
>>
>>323151938
SSD has superior read/write speeds compared to HDD. Down size is that they're still more expensive, although costs have been going to down. I'd get one to put at least your OS on, so that you can boot up in a few seconds, but if you have extra space you can also put your favorite game(s) on it
>>
>>323151938

The SSD is flash memory, which means it will work blazing fast with an OS and some games on them. In games they mostly decrease load times and chances of pop-in. In the OS it's boot times and all sorts of speed in terms of loading applications and photoshop and vegas and whatnot. Usually a part of all builds nowadays.
>>
>>323152415
So when i install windows, install it to my SSD?
>>323152393
i5 would be compatible with my GPU, though? I heard that the 970 has some wonky bios configs.
>>
An overclocked i5 will last you a lot longer than that thing.....
>>
>>323152679
last in what way? Longevity? Out-dating? What are you talking here?

I'm just recently getting into building, so you have to treat me as if youre talking to someone whos never done it.
>>
>>323152639
Yes, install your OS onto the SSD
>>
>>323152639

CPUs and GPUs are compatible in all ways. It is "said" that Intel works better with Nvidia and AMD with AMD, but I have heard nothing specific or technically descriptive about this, so I consider it bullshit. No idea about hte 970 BIOS, you can get a card with a BIOS switch so you'd have a backup bios if you're that worried about it. That specific GPU is very cool though (literally, 60-65 under load), but I don't know if it has a bios switch.

And yes, install OS to SSD.
>>
>>323152787
Longevity; they perform better down line as generations pass
>>
>>323151484
lose the AMD cpu and put in intel

dont bother installing an aftermarket cooler unless you're planning on overclocking

buy win 8.1, not 10

if you get an SSD, put the OS on it
>>
>>323151484
>seagate
>wincuck 10
>BUYING wincuck 10 at that

Wont go into AMD processor as you seem to have your heart set. Also please can you at least fucking learn a little bit about computers before fucking building one? Jesus even if it's just lurking /g/ for like a week or reading the wiki there.
>>
If I want to just build a dedicated emulation machine, do I even need a GPU? Emulation is more CPU intensive, right?
>>
>>323154971

If you're recommending resources, logicalincrements would be the first thing I would say. It's made by people from this website and is one of the more honest guides on the web.
>>
>>323155180
You will need a GPU.
>>
>>323156235
How powerful?
I'm looking to play up to PS2/GC games
>>
>>323156283
Here is the build I have for emulating.

i5 307k OC'd to 5.0GHz
16 GB DDR3 RAM
GTX 970 (got it free from a guy)

Your CPU is the most important thing when it comes to emulating but your GPU will handle shaders, textures and all the other stuff it would normally handle. The CPU will emulate the system, most console features (special 3d/shader effects etc. The GC is easier to emulate than PS2 only due to better code emulator wise
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.