[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever just stopped playing a game for no reason? Not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 'Truely'.png (494 KB, 549x718) Image search: [Google]
'Truely'.png
494 KB, 549x718
Have you ever just stopped playing a game for no reason? Not even because you're bored or because it's a bad game, just put it down one day and never pick it back up.

I did this with Alien: Isolation. I played for about 2 hours, turned it off and then never played it again.
>>
>>323017209
being a depressed gamer sucks anon.

>every steam sale i buy a game or two
>have capped satellite internet of 100 GB
>download game
>finally downloads
>play for an hour and close it
>feels like i experienced the whole game already in terms of mechanics
>alt f4 and open up /v/

all i know is videogames but they feel like a chore now and i feel like they are all i got in my shitty existence.

maybe its because of my terrible internet and me being unable to play anything online...

or maybe im just tired of everything in general.
>>
>>323017209
It's not "no reason" you idiot. You stopped playing it because it's boring.
>>
All the time. Mostly with RPGs.
>>
>>323018006
I didn't think it was boring. It wasn't the most interesting game there is, but I've played games that I've been much more bored with.
You idiot
>>
>>323018158
I did this with Xeno chronicles, mostly because it felt like an offline MMO with all the shitty fetch sidequests.
>>
>>323017209
>>323017870
Chances are you're not depressed, just distracted by something else you're ignoring or just not aware of or aware of but not quite capable of recognizing is obstructing your motivation towards other things.

In fact OP's image has the exact word that causes this, Procrastination. ASAP Science probably has a video about this. Can't remember if they explain how to "fix" it, honestly I'd just suggest taking a hiatus until you really want to play something or have a reason or objective to complete that will hold your attention. I was on a road trip and even the poorly polished Metal Gear Acid gameplay and story became really interesting.
>>
>>323018281
Oh wait I remember something now, try playing simple short games. I always tell /v/ if you're experiencing burn out with long or campaign heavy games try something that can be completed quickly. A swift sense of satisfaction works better for motivation than a long drawn out thing that doesn't reward you enough or well for dedication.

You have to remember at the end of the day despite our complex mentality as individuals we still have very basic psychology as organisms. Your brain has to feel like it's getting something out of its efforts every now and then or it will just stop being invested.
>>
Constantly. Partly it's depression, and partly it's having too many games. The longer I don't play a game, the less likely I am to continue it. It becomes a dreaded obligation.
>>
>>323017209
I've done this with Dishonored and Trine 2, even thought I completely loved both of them very much, I just randomly stopped for no reason almost an year ago and just haven't found the time/will to pick them up again.
>>
not too often, i stopped playing undertale and portal because im too retarded for the puzzles
>>
Bioshick Infinite and New Vegas come to mind. I tried but story-driven fps stuff is just so boring to me. I grew up on Fallout and I can't bring myself to even remotely care about Fallout 4, either.

They may be good games but I'll probably never know.

On the flip side, just got Neir because I never bothered with it and I love it despite all of the things it could be criticized for. Now, will I stay interested enough to finish it? Probably. If only because there's nothing else coming out that I really want to play for awhile.
>>
File: 1447099090563.png (13 KB, 514x514) Image search: [Google]
1447099090563.png
13 KB, 514x514
I bought New Vegas a year ago, made a character, went outside, talked to one guy, saved and quit
The last AAA game I actually finished was Deus Ex HR when it was released, I only play indie shit anymore because its easier to enjoy
>>
File: 1210179932176.jpg (38 KB, 445x304) Image search: [Google]
1210179932176.jpg
38 KB, 445x304
>>323017209
I know that exact feel, bro. You don't hate Game, you don't ask yourself whether you want to play Game or not, the question simply does not even enter your mind when you wake up one day.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.