[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FF9 > 7 >>> 8 Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 32
FF9 > 7 >>> 8

Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't.
>>
I can't, best art direction and ost of all of the series by far
>>
File: FINAL FURSHIT.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2884) Image search: [Google]
FINAL FURSHIT.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2884
IX was a bad Final Fantasy. It had absolutely terrible equipment, skill, and ability systems that allowed no room for players to shape their characters in any way. The trance system going off outside of your control was even worse designed than VIII's limit spamming. The combat was slow and boring and the only interesting mechanic AT ALL was the dynamic between Steiner and Vivi, and it didn't really add anything to the game at all. It had a terribly boring setting that's only praised by "classic fans" because it didn't emphasize sci-fi, completely disregarding that Final Fantasy has used sci-fi elements from the start of the series. Your cast consisted of characters like Freya who were completely forgotten by the plot after their usefulness to the story was up, characters like Quina who basically just showed up whenever the game felt you needed a 4th party member and didn't do ANYTHING of any relevance, and characters like Amarant who I'm still trying to figure out why he was added to the game. The protagonist and antagonist being "space alien grim reaper brothers" is by far the worst plot twist in the series, much worse than either the orphanage in VIII or "You're a dream Teedus" could ever hope to be.

The worst part of all? In a series that's known for its innovation in its genre, Final Fantasy IX bitched out and actively BACKTRACKED to boring, outdated, mechanics. At least the early games it was a callback to were innovations of their time like the ATB system in IV, and at least for the PSX titles VII, VIII, and Tactics all tried to do new things with turn-based RPGs, storytelling, and world building even if it didn't please everyone- whereas IX actively decided to say fuck that, and appeal to idiots who want video games to stagnate.

It was boring and had nothing unique going for it. In fact, nothing about the game is particularly memorable. It has no sense of identity for itself and just takes after previous titles.
>>
>>322448710
It had the worst gameplay of the three.
>>
http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff9/en/
>>
9 had a boring story. 7 >> 9 >>>> 8
>>
>>322448710
I can't because I haven't played 2 of those games.
>>
>>322448710
Agreed.
>>
IX is my favorite of the three two, it's just a shame that everyone feels the need to constantly shitpost about all three games constantly. There's no objective metric.
>>
>>322450307
>the queen
>furry
how
>>
FF7 > FF8 >>>> FF9
>>
Your right OP. I cant. Its because you are right.
>>
>>322451969
>he liked 8
Shit taste. Go junction your life with a death spell and kill yourself.
>>
File: ff2.jpg (59 KB, 574x400) Image search: [Google]
ff2.jpg
59 KB, 574x400
>>322448710
too bad all 3 are shit compared to this masterpiece
>>
File: chrono trigger.jpg (663 KB, 1614x708) Image search: [Google]
chrono trigger.jpg
663 KB, 1614x708
This is the best final fantasy game
>>
VIII is the hardest game of the 3 so it's no surprise it's disliked.

IX and VII are pretty much a SNES JRPG with PS1 graphics.
>>
File: image.jpg (282 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
282 KB, 2000x1125
Freya could have been one of the best female characters in Final Fantasy.
>Mother fucking Dragoon
>Brave, loyal and devoted
>Tragic story regarding her search for Fratley and the genocide if her people
>striking design that isn't sexualized like 99% of Final Fantasy females
What a waste.
>>
I'e finished all 3 back in the days and I can't really remember a lot from IX, except for you asking money or something like that in a stupid minigame and that pink thing in the woods that joins your party
>>
>>322452669
FFVIII
>draw
>draw
>draw
>Oh shit you forgot that GF from that boss. Go back to your previous save file to draw it
>want to cast magic
>don't want to draw 100 spells again
>end of junctioning strong magics and attacking everything to death
>tough boss appears
>need holy war
>need to play shitty card game to get holy war
>holy war, aura, limit breaks = literally invincible

I honestly found the beginning of FF9 to be the most difficult out of 8,9, and 10 but grinding kinda kills its difficulty.
>>
>>322452984
You never NEED any spell to beat a boss, and the card game was crap ill give you that
>>
>>322452669
>the hardest game of the 3
Oh no, don't try and pull the skill card, I'm pretty sure that VII and IX required a little more than a stack of a particular spell and the ultimate sword in order to beat the bonus boss of the game in a single attack.
>>
>>322452335
>He was too retarded to understand time travel and junction systems

It's a fact that FF8 haters are literally dumb
>>
7 > 9 > 8

Only autistic furfags like 9.
>>
>>322453701
Not him. I understood it, just didnt really like it.
>>
File: 1412587436272.png (197 KB, 450x295) Image search: [Google]
1412587436272.png
197 KB, 450x295
Sigh... why do all FF threads always devolve into a shit-flinging contest between FF8- and FF9fags?
>>
>>322453907
isnt that what this place is mostly?

"What you dislike part of a game i like? your taste is shit and you are a fag!!!!"
>>
>>322453867
Most people played IX when furfags were still in the wombs
>>
File: 411.jpg (160 KB, 926x1340) Image search: [Google]
411.jpg
160 KB, 926x1340
>>322452984
>doesn't use scan
>doesn't know how to junction or plan according to area
>I don't bother to see what cool magic bosses have and miss out on gf
>I don't know how to use gf abilities to get more magic
>I'm a pleb who needs holy war
>>
>>322453907

Because one of you memeing niggers had to force some nonexistent feud between the two fanbases.
>>
>>322448710
>ff9:
>super deformed kiddie shit
>furfaggot main protag
>9 got nothing on 7 and 8 when it comes to OST. Listen to the battle themes of 7 and 8, then compare them to 9's - 9's battle theme, although similar to traditional FF battle themes, is just subpar
>7 has better story/plot/pacing than 9
>>
>>322453907
Because people that like ff6 play it every year when it's rereleased on yet another platform. And people that like ffx like it because it's bad.
>>
>>322448710
FF8 > 10 > 12

I can do opinions too, OP.
>>
>>322453907
Because of the politics of the fanbase, if you can call it that.

For the longest time there was war between VIfags and VIIfags, the infamous Kefka vs. Sephiroth wars. The two sides more or less ground each other to the ground to the point where you simply don't SEE comparison between the two characters anymore, since everyone is sick of it

Along the same time, VIIIfags hopped into the game because of perceived similarities between Cloud and Squall, at first glance. IX, being extremely different to its predecessors and more akin to the classic games in tone and world building, gets disproportionate flak for that as well. VI, VII and VIII are what I call the Big Three,with all other games in the classic franchise having far more contained fanbases, except for IX who draws an incredible amount of shitposting for some reason.

But now, with the upcoming VII remake, and XV right around the corner, there's going to be another shift, and actionfags will be the new scourge.
>>
As someone who has been playing the FF games ever since the very first one and played through all the FF games (and shitloads of other JRPGs) as they came out I found FFIX to be more of a failed attempt to combine the old and modern FFs even if I apparently should love it for being a "return to form". The whole time I played through it I had a feeling of having already done this shit and my main complaint about FFIX is that it didn't bring anything new to the series and generally felt like a tired rehash of the other games in the series. ATE system, FFIX's sole innovation unique feature really wasn't used to it's full potential, hell it was barely used at all after the first disc.

I also feel many of the reason people like FFIX are questionable at best:
>It's a throwback to the older games in the series!
I swear to god that most people saying this only "like" FFIX because doing so allows them to pretend they like the old FF games which they have never played.

>But muh references to the other games!
The ones you never played? Also those references alone don't make it an old school FF game.

>But it has crystals and medieval setting!
It has ONE crystal we see for few seconds at the end of the game. Where are those other crystalS you keep talking about? Also going back to the medieval setting alone isn't going back to the "roots of the series" and apart from the setting the game feels and plays like modern FF game. in b4 the retard who thinks the jewels containing the eidolons are crystals

>But it's a lighthearted adventure unlike FFVII and FFVIII!
So are Grandia and FFV why not go play them instead since they do the lighthearted adventure thing better than FFIX?

That said apart from the painfully slow battles FFIX is good game but it will NEVER be an old-school FF game that the FFVII generation often mistakes it to be. Also I love how FFIXfans can't understand that some people might actually prefer the older FF games to FFs because they ARE what FFIX tries to be.
>>
File: Garnet vs Tifa.jpg (359 KB, 900x750) Image search: [Google]
Garnet vs Tifa.jpg
359 KB, 900x750
Just enjoy the games you baby dicked duckold faggots
>>
>>322451165
Fuck yes, that's awesome.
>>
>>322454524
Basically a lot of your argument seems to depend on assuming that the people who enjoy IX are actually only pretending to have player the older games. Pretty big an assumption to make, and it all falls apart the moment someone says "but I did play them".

And lo and behold, I did play them.
Also, it's not quite a medieval setting. No Final Fantasy game to date has ever had a medieval setting, with the possible exception of I
>>
File: pepe+holding+feels+guy+hostage.jpg (29 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
pepe+holding+feels+guy+hostage.jpg
29 KB, 500x328
>>322452984
>triple triad
>bad
You have chosen your fate.
>>
File: box-snes-us-1.jpg (53 KB, 640x453) Image search: [Google]
box-snes-us-1.jpg
53 KB, 640x453
>>322452504
Which in turn is shit compared to this masterpiece.
>>
File: 1445660237480.png (326 KB, 501x582) Image search: [Google]
1445660237480.png
326 KB, 501x582
>>322448710
How can we prove an opinion is wrong!?
>>
>>322452984
>>need to play shitty card game to get holy war
You never ever have to play a single game of Triple to get holy war or any other item. Why do people always seem to forget that you can also refine all those useless ITEMS IN YOUR INVENTORY to magic and/or the fact there are abilitities to refine magic to higher level magic?

Seriously am I the only one who realized this and didn't spend ages drawing magic or playing Triple Triad for cards?
>>
>>322454827
But anon, FF3 was the start of the decline for FF.

>emo cast
>proto-materia system
>glitches, glitches everywhere
>edgy villain for the sake of being edgy
>World of Ruin part sucks compared to WoB

FF6, FF7, FF8, FF10 and everything after FF10 can go die in a greasefire.
>>
File: Final Fantasy V - Cover.jpg (38 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy V - Cover.jpg
38 KB, 640x352
>>322454827
Which in turn is nothing compared to this masterpiece.
And that's objectively my opinion.
>>
best
>>
>>322455328
get the fuck out faget
>>
>>322455214
If it's so good why did it take so long to get released outside Japan? Lol get rekt kiddo :^)
>>
>>322452784
Freya is still one of my favorites
>>
>>322455487
gotemm
>>
>>322454768
>lot of your argument seems to depend on assuming that the people who enjoy IX are actually only pretending to have player the older games
Sadly people like that exist and if you were here in 2008-2009 when /v/ basically was FFIX fanboy central you'd know that it was a thing back then. Also another example of this is some FFVI "fans" (usually the KEFKA IS TEH BEST VILLAIN EVAR BECUZ HE ACTUALLY DESTROYED THE WORLD AND IS THE BEST VILLAIN EVER BECAUSE HE DIDN'T HAVE ANY REAL MOTIVATION FOR IT ones) who only show up when Sephiroth is mentioned just to say Kefka > Sephiroth. Some of these "fans" didn't that Terra was half Esper when I asked them about FFVI

>Pretty big an assumption to make, and it all falls apart the moment someone says "but I did play them".
Beacause people are obviously incapable of lying in order to try to fit in, am I rite?
>>
>>322455634
>are obviously incapable of lying in order to try to fit in, am I rite?
The problem is that there's no way to assertain that for sure unless, like you said, you do an actual pop quiz asking details of the game to people. And if you're going to already start from a pressumption that the other side is lying, there's no point even having a discussion about it in the first place.

>people not knowing Terra was an Esper
Welp.
>>
I played 9 twice. I remember only Steiner, Dagger, Vivi and that titcow Steiner loved. Also some ugly ass queen. Other than that, i've completely forgotten everything else in the game.

It's a good game, but it was just so forgettable.
>>
File: No casuals allowed.png (1 KB, 176x176) Image search: [Google]
No casuals allowed.png
1 KB, 176x176
I like FF1 because you are stuck with the classes you chose at the beginning and every combination of classes gives a slightlydifferent experience when replaying the game
I like FFII because it has a surprisingly good story and characters (for a game from its era) and in theory has the best and most logical stat gaining system in the series
I like FFIII because it is a simple straightforward heroic experience and because finally beating pic related actually gives a sense of accomplishment which is absent from newer FFs
I like FFIV because its everything that was so great about the early '90s JRPGs: its cartoony, has fast based gameplay, is packed with monstrous bosses and while it has a story to tell it doesn't take it too seriously
I like FFV because I had shitloads of fun fooling around with its job system figuring out oddball class/support skill combinations that just work
I like FFVI because it has good balance between gameplay and focus on storytelling, is one of the rare examples of JRPGs that don't have a clearly defined main character and I for one loved the non-linear exploration in World of Ruin
I like FFVII because its a good solid game with likable characters and many unforgettable moments
I like FFVIII because I find something new about its story, setting and gameplay mechanics on every playthrough
I like FFIX because its a good attempt of combining the best of old-school and modern FFs and has some great characters in it
I like FFX because its sphere grid system had a good balance between characters having their own unique skills and being able to do everything
I like FFX-2 because it has a mission based non linear story progression and having the best version of the ATB system
I like FFXII because it has DAT ASS everywhere

Oh no, I found something to like about all FF games I have played even from the ones I'm not that fond of and I forgot to hate one of the popular ones. What should I do /v/?
>>
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 600x800
>>322455823
>worse then death
>>
File: Beatrix.jpg (138 KB, 420x336) Image search: [Google]
Beatrix.jpg
138 KB, 420x336
>>322455823
High resolution Beatrix render when
>>
>>322455823
>not remembering zidane or freya

what the fuck nigga
>>
I used to like it, but i retroactivly started to hate the game when i realized how bad it was in hindsight after anons open my eyes to it's flaws. Though that's the reason most games are shit, even if they were fun as teen. From Black and White to Morrowind to FF7/9
>>
>>322455905
wel played my friend. well played
>>
>>322455940
Oh right, of course i remember MC, i thought that much would be pointless to mention. Also some strange cardgame i never quite understood.
>>
>>322455905
If 9 ever gets remade, then they'll swap out "forgotten" with "rape"
>>
>>322450307
>>322450351
FACT: The only faglords that complain about FF9 combat being "slow" are the autismo faglords that can't end a boss battle without stealing everything Instead of, ya know, waiting until the next area.

Though the material system is better than the FF9 system, FF9 is WAAAAAY better than the retarded FF8 junction bullshit

FF8 was just aweful
>>
>>322451165

honestly, because FFIX was my first ever final fantasy/first ever game that i legitimately bought myself with my own money/beat, it will always have a place in my heart. it's probably my favourite game of all time, despite the flaws it may have.

seeing this trailer made me feel giddy with excitement. thank you, anon.
>>
I've grown to like static class based final fantasies the most, like 4 and 9.

The ones with dynamic classes like 5 or classless like 7 are too broken.
>>
File: selena gomez.jpg (51 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
selena gomez.jpg
51 KB, 736x414
>>322452669

>YFW Garnet and Selena Gomez look similar.
>>
FFVII holds up. Been replaying it for the first time in 15 years. It's got a really good atmosphere, it's funny and the combat is satisfying.

Never played FFIX as a kid, but having completed it as an a adult, I can definitely say, it's only better than FFVII because it was lade with more experience. The characters are great, localization top, but story turns shit once Garland enters the scene. Really amazing atmosphere.

FFVIII... Bored me. Didn't get past first disc, and hearing about how monsters level with you, I just can't be bothered.

VI is a good game. Not as good as people claim, that's nostalgia.

V and III have nice job systems.

IV is shit. It really is. Every fag who says it's a classic is a literal retard. Fuck you.

Fuck X

XII has amazing combat and it's really comfy to just play. But the story is totally wasted potential.

See? They are all good. Except cunty IV and X.
>>
>>322456938
You gonna start posting that in everything now? I saw you last time
>>
7 > 9 > 8.

I like 9, but it has some annoyances with me. Half the characters are undeveloped and useless to the story, the combat isn't as good as 7's and the story is pretty much a remake of 4.
>>
>>322457031

Only when Garnet is posted or if its an IX thread.
>>
>>322456973
>FFVIII... Bored me. Didn't get past first disc, and hearing about how monsters level with you, I just can't be bothered.
Anon, if I may, as someone who's highly critical of VIII and thinks it definitely does not rank amongst the best, I'd still reccommend you to, if you could be bothered, go back and play up until the end of Disc II. Because Disc II has some of the coolest story and action sequences in the entire franchise, and it ends up with Squall, weird as it may sound, on the way to becoming the best protagonist in the entire franchise.

Then Disc III comes along and ruins absolutely everything.
>>
>>322452784
This is the one thing I'm the most salty about when it comes to IX, fucking Freya was absolutely based in disc 1, potential to be one of the best FF characters of all time.

How the fuck they dropped the ball so hard I have no idea.
>>
>>322456938
>selena gomez wasn't even alive when ix was released
crazy how nature do that
>>
>>322457179
Protip: half the characters of every final Fantasy are useless to the story
>>
>no censor on eiko

Man i for sure thought they were going to ban the naked loli
>>
>>322457258
They didn't drop the ball. Freya has always been one of my strongest party members
>>
>>322453907
It's basically come down to the point where everyone knows 6 and 7 are the pinnacles of the series.

6 and 7 fanboys used to be at each other's throats just as bad, but after years of shitposting it's just turned into a mutual respect and agreement that they're both equally as brilliant.

IV, V and IXfags are just fighting for scraps, and everyone knows VIII is shit.
>>
>>322456938
...I can see it.
Uncanny.
>>
>>322452784
Her clothing makes her look like a red mage instead of a dragoon tho....
>>
>>322457384
You can be useless to the story but still have character development that makes you relevant.

Literally half of IX's cast had almost zero development and were Vincent tier irrelevant.
>>
>>322457249
That... Doesn't seem like a good time investment?
>>
>>322457508
She lives in a place where it rains all the time, it's a cross between a raincoat and a knights armor.
>>
>>322457318

she was actually I think she was a 2nd or 1st grader at the time.
>>
>>322452669
But anon, 8 was actually one of the easiest.

It was almost as easy as FF7
>>
>>322457543
9s side characters had just as much if not more development as 8 and as 7
>>
File: Zell is an utter moron.jpg (385 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Zell is an utter moron.jpg
385 KB, 800x600
>>322457557
Maybe not. I just felt like being the guy who always say "But you stopped RIGHT before it got good!"
>>
It was the worst of the three, but not as bad as X
>>
>>322457668
No they didn't.

They outright dropped any and all development of Freya after the first disc, Quina was a non character. Eiko was literally there as loli bait and nothing more, even Yuffie, a completely optional character had more development than her, and Amarant was Vincent with even less development.

These characters were nothing but check boxes to tick off certain generic 'classes' (white mage, blue mage etc). The only characters with development were Zidane, Vivi, Steiner and Dagger.

Even fucking Beatrix got more development than the others.
>>
>>322457774
7 > 9 > dogshit > 8
>>
>>322457882
Dude all of the side characters of 8 got dropped after their initial typical tie in to the story. Even 7

This is nothing new to FF9
>>
File: Blank.jpg (104 KB, 289x585) Image search: [Google]
Blank.jpg
104 KB, 289x585
>>322457668
best side char in ff9
>>
>>322457989
I'm not defending 8 m8, but 7's characters still got much more development than any of 9's. Fucking Barret alone has more development than 3 or 4 of 9's characters combined.
>>
>>322457716
Yeah but you can't follow that up with "- bur remember to stop right before it gets bad again!"
>>
>>322458194
Well technically it's more like "- but remember to stop right before it gets far unthinkably worse than before!"
>>
>>322458089
FF7:
Red - you see Cosmo Canyon and that little short quest about his father. That's it.
Yuffie - a quest location to understand her material stealing motive (not even a mandatory part of the game)
Cid - his shit is never brought up again after Rocket town
Vincent - same as Yuffie not even mandatory to the story
Cait Sith - useless

Even with FF8 it's the same shit. A brief tie in and then they are done story wise

FF9 didn't do anything new
>>
>>322456449
The slowness people complain about isn't about "having" to steal everything, it is about the transition swirl to battles alone taking longer than battles in 2D FFs, it taking forever for the ATB bars to fill up (compared to other games in the series), every single action having a pointlessly long animation associated with it and many actions causing lag at least when playing FFIX on emulator. All of these are things that don't happen with other PSX FFs and are caused by FFIX having 4 playable characters in battles instead of 3. This here is my main beef with FFIX for everything it does right (in this case having 4 playable characters in battles like in the older games) there is a trade-off that basically makes it a moot point (in this case it causing the battles to run slower than in other games). Try playing FFIX right after playing any other game in the series and then tell me the battles in it doesn't feel slow.

Also my absolute favorite is FFIX's trance system, it takes hours to fill up and when it finally does you are forced to watch through the turning to super saiyan animation just see some other character to deal the final blow to that last enemy standing there making the Trance formation completely pointless.

in b4 butthurt FFIX fag who thinks maxing battle speeds in menus magically fixes all this and that maxing battle speeds in menus hasn't been the first thing everyone and their mother has done in FF games since 1992.
>>
>>322458089
>>322458463
Hell even Barretts development never gets past MUH PLANET or MUH MARLENE

Once you finish his part in Gold Saucer it's done. Just 1 quest and 1 part of the story. Just like every side character in 8 and every side character in 9
>>
>>322448710
literally the only final fantasy game i could ever get into
>>
>>322448710
ff ix is love
ff ix is life
>>
File: tumblr_ntg50pibwj1urturyo4_1280.png (494 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntg50pibwj1urturyo4_1280.png
494 KB, 1024x1024
Least customization/No customziation.

Customization is a more restrictive job system since you're forced down a path and can only advance when the story opens up the item as opposed to basic leveling like past class FFs.

Story starts cool, gets eh, gets real eh, then gets super dumb.

Another MUH SUMMONERS FF (X did it best followed by 4, 6, and then 9)

Setting is cool in places (steam punk kingdoms, neat style, pretty cool cities) but has any immersion ruined by fur faggotry forced inserts. I'm not even bitching about the rat fucks. They have two whole kingdoms, okay, cool. But there are tons of random species that you will see one of the entire world and you lit. see the entire world. There are precsiely 2 hippo people the entire game and one is the son.

Worst mini-games: don't even rememeber the shit card games name but it was bad especially when compared to TT. Hot 'n Cold was horrendous. All the other stuff like travelling/killing extra things was okay, but easily the worst of the PSX/PS2 era FFs.

Characters went mostly undeveloped (some not even acknowledged). Vivi and Garnet are the only ones that do. Zidane kind of does, but not really. The rest just feel like plot devices (Eiko, Freya) or set-pieces (Steiner, Amarant, Quina). I can see a case for Steiner, but not really. A bumbling shit knight who faces his fears and sacks up is more of a 10 minute event than a major development since he goes back to the same behavior only is kinda "fuck te queen XD"

Inconvenient "overdrives" makes them shit and gay. "BOY SURE DO HOPE THIS SQUIRREL DOESN'T HIT ME RIGHT BEFORE THE BOSS FUUUUUUUUCK"

The shortest of the X/2 era games.

Games not bad. 7,8, and 10 are just a lot better.
>>
>>322458463
Well, Vincent might not get much story, but his side story explains a bunch about Hojo, that slut he banged and his research.
>>
>>322458602
That's a lot of nitpicking anon and just saying stuff that happens in every ps1 FF game

7 and 8 had long drawn out animation for actions too

And complaining about the trance system is like complaining about material combinations tbqh senpaitachi
>>
>>322448710
>mfw i used to try and make FF IX threads all the time and /v/ shit on it. now that it's gettin a remake everyone loves it again? fuck you.
>>
Who else thinks that FF8>FF9>FF7 here?

And no I don't hate FF7 in order to be a special snowflake I simply prefer the other 2 to it with a very small margin and like all 3 games.
>>
>>322458602
>best way to get advantage and a lot of unique items is stealing
>game cycles through multiple % systems before stealing
>some items in single digits

Good game 9..............................
>>
>>322458892
You think FF8 is good

That already makes your opinion invalid
>>
>>322458863
9 is hands down the most unanimously obsessed over and loved FF by the /v/ hivemind. It's the Majora's Mask of FF's. You're a newfag, make retarded threads, or are an actual idiot.
>>
>>322458863
/v/ loves anything the second it gets a PC port.
Case of point: FFXIII

How come mustard race is full of dumbasses who haven't realized that you have been able to emulate FFIX for a fucking decade now?
>>
File: Selphie and Irvine.jpg (2 MB, 800x3000) Image search: [Google]
Selphie and Irvine.jpg
2 MB, 800x3000
>>322458621
>Just like every side character in 8 and every side character in 9

I honestly wouldn't give VIII even that much.
Did Zell ever have any character arc beyond "wait, I CAN PUNCH THINGS!"?

Did Selphie have any character development beyond developing the character of my dick with that criminally short dress and being an absolute psychopath?

I certainly cannot remember Rinoa having any, she's more like a vehicle through which to develop Squall's character rather than having a story of her own.

What about Quistis?
>>
File: Drooling_homer.gif (19 KB, 314x360) Image search: [Google]
Drooling_homer.gif
19 KB, 314x360
>>322457465
yeah me too. i think garnet has a bigger booty tho.
>>
>>322458716
>Customization is a more restrictive job system since you're forced down a path and can only advance when the story opens up the item as opposed to basic leveling like past class FFs.

i like this about 9 though, beats everyone being a bratty teenage twat that can somehow all cast magical spells
>>
>>322459028
>strawmanning an entire board
You're smarter than that, Anon.
>>
>>322458937
>spend a long time trying to steal a unique item from a boss
>buy the item in a shop in the next major area

If you tried to steal weapons or armor from bosses all the time and then complain about it on /V/ and say that's why the game is bad then you are autistic
>>
>>322459025
I think FF8 is a very flawed game that I used to hate like most people but you know what? I actually had the most fun with it when I recently played through all the PSX FFs again.

Also thinking YOUR opinion matters to anyone.
>>
>>322458716
You know I never really seen the obsession with the job system. I always preferred when characters had set roles tied to the story like 4, and 6.

Sure the customization is nice, but it's not the be all and end all like /v/ makes it out to be. I always ended up choosing jobs that I thought suited the characters' personality, and thus they ended up funneled into those roles anyway.
>>
>>322459105
>Stealing is Zidances main mechanic
>"If you complain about it then you're autistic"

ebin m9 str9 ebin. your fanboy is showing tho.
>>
>>322459202
>had the most fun with 8

Your taste is shit
>>
>>322458892
I don't think 8 is a bad game, but I honestly wonder how you could possibly prefer the gameplay and characters over 7. The characters are all so fucking boring, undeveloped and unlikable.

The settings are great though, and I actually liked the time fuckery story.
>>
>>322459267
>having the compulsive need to not have Zidane attack or do anything else except steal until it's time to end the battle

That is autism. I used to do this during my playthroughs of 9. But after the 6th playthrough I only start really stealing in Disc 3 and 4 when the items bosses have really matter

Made the game much more enjoyable
>>
Why people hate 8:
>"WAAH YOU HAVE TO DRAW GRIND"
Nope your autism made you do that.
>"WAAH BUT THEN YOU CAN'T LEVEL"
Why? Git gud.

You can get magic via refining items dropped (i.e. grinding enemies just like any other FF) or refined from cards. The scaling levels keeps the game always at least moderately challenging; mostly a handful of bosses.

Autists hate 8 because it triggers their autism. They think they just HAVE to sit there and ruin the game for themselves.
>>
>>322459486
>calling other people autists because they hated the most autistic mechanics to ever happen to a final fantasy game

oh the fucking irony, my sides can't take it
>>
>>322459325
>how you could possibly prefer the gameplay and characters over 7
In both games character are basically blank states only differentiated by their limit breaks and minor stat differences the only difference between 7 and 8 gameplay mechanicswise is that 8's junction systems allows bit more customization. Also where the fuck I said that I prefer 8's characters over 7s?
>>
>>322459486
Or, alternatively, you know, the almost absolute detachment between character growth and actually fighting and winning battle.

Additionaly, the story has a lot of holes that are made even more visible by how realistic the setting tries to make itself out to be.
>>
Why is which one you prefer out of the PSX FF games so serious business to you fags? They are all good games in their own way.
>>
>>322459763
People seem to have a hard time understanding that more than one game can be good at the same time.
>>
>>322459763
Because there can only be one best FF game, and that is FF9.
>>
>>322459690
>Additionaly, the story has a lot of holes that are made even more visible by how realistic the setting tries to make itself out to be.

2 deep 4 u
deep 4 u
4 u
u
>>
File: 1283218470995.jpg (21 KB, 490x368) Image search: [Google]
1283218470995.jpg
21 KB, 490x368
Tactics > 8 > 9 > 7
>>
>>322460118
Yes, I'm sure things like Selphie & co. warping across half a continent inside a broken down robot carried by the galbadian army that yet no one attempted to check, or the greatest war criminal in recorded history ending up his days happily fishing with no consequences, or Squall's bout of absolute insanity in running away from everyone carrying Rinoa through an intercontinental bridge, only for everyone to be right on the other side of it waiting for him, or an orphanage located in an entirely uninhabited continent flooded with monsters, are deep philosophical themes that flew right over my head.
>>
>>322460380
Not fair anon, Tactics Ogre 2: Chocobo Edition is on a whole nother level than the mainline FF games.
>>
>>322460554
>or the greatest war criminal in recorded history ending up his days happily fishing with no consequences,
>Who is Hitler, Pol Pot and Bush
>>
>>322460656
As long as you accept your small mindedness. Hope for you yet, niggie.
>>
>>322460380
I tried tactics, and while the story seemed interesting, the gameplay was so fucking monotonously boring and slow I just couldn't stand it.

Does it get better/faster?
>>
>>322461018
Nope sounds like isometric turnbased rpgs aren't for you.
>>
>>322453701
The junction system was dog shit and broke the game making the hardest part of a low level play through staying at a low level.
>>
>>322454295
I actually do like ffx because it's bad...
>>
>>322461583
See:
>>322459486

Thats u.
>>
>>322461018
tactical RPG's aren't supposed to be fast as fuck

and yes it does get better once you unlock more cool classes like Math Mage and Ninja
>>
>>322454808
Tetra master was better
>>
File: freamar.jpg (152 KB, 630x700) Image search: [Google]
freamar.jpg
152 KB, 630x700
>>
>>322461959
What was even the story of the flaming faggot?
>>
>>322461923
Remember when Shuffle or Boogie was played across /v/? Remember when Tetra Master's theme was?

That's how wrong you are
>>
File: image.jpg (914 KB, 600x6838) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
914 KB, 600x6838
>>322462006
I want to know why amaranth and Freya are always lumped together, they had no dialogue with each other and Amarant was nothing but garbage.
>>
>>322462227
>>322462006
>not liking stoic ninja monk
Whats you guys problem?
>>
>>322462384
Because he was so forgettable. I think he was a bit of an asshole, but that's basically all i remember
>>
>>322462384
He is a Flaming Faggot.
>>
File: Lani.jpg (314 KB, 1057x641) Image search: [Google]
Lani.jpg
314 KB, 1057x641
>We get Amarant instead of q-t Lani

What
were
they
THINKING!?
>>
>>322458892
Yes you are. Everything 7 did wrong 8 did far worse. 8 also had bar none the worst love interest in the whole franchise, and she's forced on you whether you like it or not.
>>
>>322462532
They filled their non-human quota with that fat ugly fuck and Freya
>>
>>322462532
You're thinking with your dick again
>>
>>322461756
Nuh uh
>>
>>322462532
We already had enough playable niggers in 7 and 8, don't need to shit up the party with them again in 9.
>>
>>322462669
It usually doesn't let me down though.
The brown skin and bike shorts make it tingle.
>>
I like FFIX.
>>
>>322462452
He was just ok, at least he wasn't a whiner like Vivi or a retard like Steiner or lolsorandumb like Quina.
>>
>>322462669
Even not addressing those big brown titties and q-t outfit..

She actually has lines. Hatches a plan. Has a sweet weapon and fulfills the strong female role that compliant japanese princess and Amarant tier rat fuck failed to do. Oh an annoying loli, but that goes without saying.
>>
>>322462795
Maybe, but she had literally nothing to do with the story. A pure throwaway character
>>
>>322448710
Rinoa > Tifa > Garnet
>>
File: 1392073854994.gif (781 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1392073854994.gif
781 KB, 480x270
>>322463063
Very funny.
>>
FF8 > FF7 >>>>>>>>>>>>> FF9

Chibi furfags go back to /a/ pls
>>
>>322462930
Replace Eiko with her

Have her on Zidane's dick the rest of the game
His dick implodes trying to decide between Lani and Dagger

He wouldn't fuck a little girl so Eiko was put there
>>
>>322463249
>Replace Eiko
>replacing the loli
no fuck you
also that girl's design is fucking horrible
>>
>>322463424
She's the only female in the main cast wearing normal clothes.

Also you're not only defending pedo shit, but Eiko's outfit is literally the worst in any FF ever.
>>
>>322448710
If I can't why did you post the topic? Are you mentally retarded? Do you actually understand the meaning of the words that you are posting? I think you need to make an appointment with an oncologist IMMEDIATELY because it seems that you have a tumor in your brain, I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you DIDN'T post this message under your own volition. Dude, I hope you get some good news. Shit sucks ass, I feel terrible for you.
>>
>>322460380
>numbered FF only
>>
>>322463616
>little girl that isn't real
>pedo
???
also
>Eiko's outfit is literally the worst in any FF ever
there have been far more ridiculous outfits in other FFs
>>
>>322464134
Like Tifa's clothing for instance.
>>
File: 1451590061029.jpg (183 KB, 1280x820) Image search: [Google]
1451590061029.jpg
183 KB, 1280x820
>>
What was even the story about? I just remember Bramhe or whatever the queens name was being the villian, then suddenly it's some gay fuckboi. Then it's another bad guy, and the fuckboi again
>>
>>322466758
It's too complex

Just play it
>>
File: 1451494721757s.jpg (4 KB, 125x116) Image search: [Google]
1451494721757s.jpg
4 KB, 125x116
>>322448710

>There are people on /v/ right now who still fall for the "FFVIII is bad" meme
>>
>>322467779
But I played it blind as an adult and I honestly found it messy and far inferior to its closest companion titles constantly and in obvious ways
>>
>>322467779
>there are people on /v/ right now that who still fall for the "{anything that I disagree with}" meme
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.