[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11
File: Semon Demons.png (2 MB, 1725x1065) Image search: [Google]
Semon Demons.png
2 MB, 1725x1065
We're only 2 months away from the next mainline Final Fantasy game. However well or poorly received it is by the fans, SE has made it clear they wanna move past the 'Versus' world.

Final Fantasy essentially gets a clean break for FF16 and I'm wondering, after a decade of waiting for Versus, the death and rebirth of 14, and the Lightning Trilogy, what should Final Fantasy do with FF16?
>>
>>345468453
I dunno, I haven't even got XV so I can't say if I like it or not. I'll save my XVI speculation for after I beat the new one. All I'd like to have is jobs back, even if the gameplay won't be atb or turn based.
>>
do with?
you mean what slight variation on small group of heroes that uses swords and magic to battle monsters and protect a McGuffin from an evil empire before eventually killing God at the end.

eh...well they've been in the "future" at lot recently, maybe it's time to go back to traditional medieval fantasy? Maybe drops all the steampunk fantasy too. Hell, why not go pre-historic final fantasy. that'd be different.
>>
>>345468453
They're safest bet would be doing another IX. Going back to traditional fantasy with sci-fi elements like the roots of the series, with a more grounded story and make it more character driven.
>>
>>345468453
pretty art, shit gameplay, like its been for decade
>>
If XV does well it'll be an Open World Action RPG again. If XV doesn't do well... I dunno, it won't get made for another decade and try its luck latching onto another then popular trend to make the series relevant again.
>>
>>345468453

>what should Final Fantasy do with FF16?
How about breaking tradition and actually reuse good elements of the past games. Rather than spending a billion dollars trying to create an entirely new formula based on a crazy story or setting. From a financial standpoint, they should be doing this just to cut down on costs for FF games. Especially after FFXIII, XIV and XV.
>>
>>345468453
I'd say go back to its roots as a turn based RPG like FFIX, make it for 3DS/PSV/Steam or some shit. Focus on story and gameplay.
>>
>>345468453
>what should Final Fantasy do with FF16?
Make it about a witch doing shenanigans on favelas
>>
Get Masato Kato and Yuji Horii together to make Chrono 3. And let Final Fantasy take another 10 year nap.
>>
I just want another IX. This is all I've been wanting since XIII came out.
>>
>>345470303
I would assume, ASSUME, that if XV does well, they would use the same basic world building infrastructure used to create XV's cities, areas, caves, etc. That's COMPLETELY transferable to whatever they do next, I would think.
>>
>>345468453
Hire back Matsuno to do another Ivalice FF and not fuck up this time.
>>
It really doesn't matter what they do since Final Fantasy sells on brand recognition and graphics. The next game could be as dumb of a story as FFIV or X. But as long as it has flashy graphics and marketing, it'll sell. Just like FFXIII did.

The FF fanbase hates every new game that comes out. But they still hype the next one and claim 'this is the game that will save Final Fantasy!' Once FFXV hits, they will bitch about it, then put all their hopes on FFXVI.
>>
If 15 fails they'll just scrap the series and start over with Final Fantasy Reborn or some shit.

However 15 cannot possibly end up being worse than XIII. I just outright refuse to believe that's fucking possible.
>>
>>345471145

The problem is that they're always making 2-3 new games while the current one is out. So most likely FFXVI has been in development for a while already. Especially since FFXV has been in production for a decade.

>b-but its only been in production since 2012!
No, shut up FFXV Kun. It started planning and pre production in 2006.
>>
File: 1460159709380.jpg (130 KB, 601x788) Image search: [Google]
1460159709380.jpg
130 KB, 601x788
>>345471386

>However 15 cannot possibly end up being worse than XIII. I just outright refuse to believe that's fucking possible.
Is that a challenge? Final Fantasy seems to be trying to out stupid itself since the SNES era. Forced plot twists and dumb characters have been the focus for at least 25 years.
>>
>>345471464
From what I gathered, a lot of the stuff gets nailed down later. At least for XV. It's like the framework gets worked out then they pull in everyone to build everyone out, fine tune it, polish it, etc. This is the actual game, not story, characters, lore, etc, which I assume gets done much earlier on. So, whatever they've done with 16, I assume it's not the actual game building aside from basic prototyping and planning. When 15 finishes, 16's team will start scaling up and filling out all the boring shit like filling areas with NPCs and quests and trees that don't look all the same or something.
>>
>>345471850
The forced plot twists have been the focus since literally the first ever game.

The only games with legitimately dumb characters were probably 5, 8, 10 and 13 though.
>>
File: 1450818342136.gif (1009 KB, 2637x1810) Image search: [Google]
1450818342136.gif
1009 KB, 2637x1810
>>345472589

And II, III, IV, VII and XIV. Hell, FFXIV is literally the 'rebels' from FFII remade. Every man in FFIV is an idiot rushing to die while the women are the smart, grounded characters. And half of the cast of FFVII are joke characters.
>>
>>345472872
>And half of the cast of FFVII are joke characters.
VII was just a really humorous game with lots of silly comedic moments (even though everyone calls it fucking grimdark). The only dumb one was probably Tifa.
>>
>>345473312

Yuffie was literally an ignorant genki girl who was the butt of every joke. And this was even kept in Crisis Core. Cait Sith was a joke character. Admittedly done well, but still just a walking plush toy who used comedy to deflect from being a spy in Shinra. Barret was vital to part of the plot, but still pretty much just a joke. Like Laguna/Zell in FFVIII. And Vincent, I shouldn't even have to explain.
>>
>>345471464
xv-kun is banned currently, thread is good to go.
>>
File: One winged.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
One winged.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>
File: Fighting.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Fighting.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>345474252
>>
File: Let the battles begin.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Let the battles begin.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>
File: remnants.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
remnants.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>
File: Backflip.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Backflip.webm
2 MB, 900x506
>>
File: I am proof that you existed.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
I am proof that you existed.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>
File: You're okay now.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
You're okay now.webm
2 MB, 900x506
>>
File: fucked art .webm (313 KB, 1418x1022) Image search: [Google]
fucked art .webm
313 KB, 1418x1022
>>345468453
Square-Enix can't make good Final Fantasies.

At all.

Let it fucking die.
>>
>>345475304
So that's what was off during my playthrough. They lost all expression from their original animations/models
>>
>>345475692

To be fair, Yuna didn't have any expression or personality in the original.
>>
>>345475692
yep
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.