[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's already dead again. Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6
File: 3214352476.jpg (901 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3214352476.jpg
901 KB, 1920x1080
It's already dead again.

Why?
>>
It has 26,000 concurrent players right now. What are you bitching about?
>>
>>345460559
When anon says a game is dead it simply means he doesn't play anymore
>>
Because it's a shit game in it's core.
>>
>>345460518
because 4v1 is impossible to balance

and the devs are morons trying to brute force their way into esports by only balancing around high tier play ensuring all new players quit before getting there.

Also planetscan goes from minor annoyance to a monster a low tier player, to downright broken cancer meaning you'll never escape at high tier.
>>
File: 13232145.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
13232145.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>lets make a game where one team can be gregor in an overpowered monster suit
>and the other team is 4 randomly slapped together retards
>what
>can
>go
>wrong
>>
>>345461137

T-they still think this has an e-sport future?

Why would they think they can do that?
All the games that actually succesfully become e-sport were extremely succesful FIRST and then became and e-sport.

I swear people, the gaming industry is the only one where you can put the carriage before the horse and somehow still make forward progress.
>>
>>345461137
What? It's the exact opposite. They're nerfing Monsters despite explicitly acknowledging that at higher levels of play, Monsters win rate is ZERO. As in nil. None. Zero percent.
They are actively balancing around baddies, they aren't aiming for epsorts at all.
>>
>>345461607
Their goal is to have so few players that you won't be able to find a team of 4 good players and this will even out the match in favor of monsters. They just aren't there yet.
>>
File: KrakeyBoy.jpg (147 KB, 1040x725) Image search: [Google]
KrakeyBoy.jpg
147 KB, 1040x725
>>345461607
>Monsters win rate is ZERO

The only Hunter I truly hate is Jack because of his bullshit Repulsor. Other than that, I usually clean up.
>>
>>345461279

More like

>let's make a game where one guy can be a bullet sponge monster that isn't very strong
>the other team is 4 guys playing the game as if it is easy mode and they can easily kill the monster unless the monster spend several minutes running away from the 4 guys powering up.
>>
>Met a literal Hacker Lazarus the other day who was immune and got footed with the Monster role, even managed to knock everyone else out
>He just stands there attacking me since his team is dead
>Keep knocking him back until he is outside the playable area
>As he dies, rest of team airdrops in
>Kill me because he hit me a fucking TON
I should have won that bullshit first encounter, but instead, yeah.
That and the differential between skill levels going either way is insane, there are almost never any "close" games.
>>
>>345462867
He said at higher levels of play
>>
>>345463275
>unless the monster spend several minutes running away from the 4 guys powering up.

this is the biggest issue with balance. against an average team of hunters, the monster doesn't stand a chance unless it's stage 3. it takes high level monster play to counter the planet scanner, whereas any brain dead idiot can press 4 once a minute and guess the direction the monster is going. getting caught before you even evolve once is pretty much a death sentence.

the only way i can see some kind of balance happening is if they nerf/remove the planet scanner or revamp the evolve mechanic. they wanted to make the game faster paced by adding the scanner, but it's so op that faster monster evolution alone can't counter it.

my suggestion would be to give hunters their own evolution mechanics to level the playing field.

t. bored hunter
>>
File: blueballs.gif (1 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
blueballs.gif
1 MB, 350x197
>>345460518
Because you have stupid standards as what to counts as a dead game or not.

Nothing we can do buddy, go to sleep
>>
>>345460518
Most people aren't going to download 50gig just to try it, cap or no cap
>>
They're actually going to make the monsters stronger.

And they wonder why this game is going to flop a second time. It's unreal.
>>
What are your expectations for Wraith Variation?
Maybe we will get Stealth Decoy back?
>>
The game actually requires a half decent gaming computer to run, my 2015 microwave can't stay above 15 FPS, probably offputs a decent amount of players that checked it out.
>>
Still an imbalanced trash fest
>>
>>345460518
Because while I downloaded it its around 15th on my back log. I've got other games I want to play first like Banner Saga 2 and Wasteland 2.
>>
I just went 9 wins straight with MG and never dropped below 50% hp each game making it to stage 3. I actually drew it out 5 games because I could have ended it at stage 2 but wanted the hunters to at least have a chance.

And they're buffing monsters? What idiot devs are these? The only time I ever see hunters decimate a monster is when the monster is a reluctant hunter and sucks ass at being the monster. Any monster that isn't garbage is usually 80% of the way or hitting stage 2 by the time the hunters find it.

With just a bit of practice I'm unbeatable. Take those brawler talents at tier 1 and 3 and take something at stage 2 that increases feeding speed and bam easy win monster build. Remember, you get evolve points for downing hunters, it's almost more efficient to just engage the hunters for them.
>>
>>345466287
It's 18gig now.
>>
>encounter 26 win gorgon
>10 seconds after we land Stage 2
>he's taking like 40% less damage than normal
>downs our medic in seconds
>we engage as hard as we can
>we barely dent his armor before he spodermans away
>1 minute later Stage 3
>he's at the relay in moments
>we hit him
>he perfectly spider cc's our medic
>covers her in acid
>webs her back 50 feet
>then casually swings over to slap her once for the down
>he then stands over her and murders our trapper and assault without ever moving
>team blames me, Kala for choosing a bad support
>I'm the only one that ever damaged the monster in any significant way

I hate this community already.
>>
>>345466374
Monster is stronger but really easy to force a fight
>>
>>345466137
Honestly they just need to increase the cooldown on it, isn't it like 30 seconds right now? If they would double it to a minute it would still give the game much faster pace while allowing the monster to actually attempt to sneak around and juke the players every now and then.
>>
>>345467853
Because balancing around pub play and your goddamn anecdotes is retarded.
>>345461607
>higher levels of play, Monsters win rate is ZERO
Source? I don't doubt it but I want a bit of proof. Making the game faster like they have can only benefit the hunters. They should have made the game slower but nope, gotta make sure we get the twitch shooter crowd who needs every single moment to be filled with action.
>>
>>345468261
Kala is really shitty in pubs.
No one knows how to utilize her teleporter, and she has no additioinal shield which makes her pretty bad with randoms.
Should have picked Hank Sunny or Bucket.
>>
I can't believe the game has as many people as when it first launched.

Shit is crazy.
>>
>>345467853
i'm about to hit profile rank 24, currently my hunter win streak is 13. been playing with mostly pubs. can't wait to see a monster buff of any kind.

>>345468261
playing kala/cabot means your team needs to be semi-decent and coordinated enough to take advantage of their abilities. if you aren't sure of your teams capabilities, just go hank.
>>
>tfw owned the base game
>tfw played enough the past week and with all the founder's keys I literally now own all but one DLC character
Feels good. Especially since I bought the game on day 1 for 8$.
>>
the game always feels like a quick clean sweep
either the monster gets unstoppable momentum or the hunters stick to its ass like glue and the round ends just as fast.

I kind of want more drawn out games with back and forth. maybe i'm barking up the wrong tree? I only just hit rank 20. I'm not great myself, just trying to learn really.
>>
>>345460518
>weekday
>still above 25k
>dead

I can meme too watch this.

Meme
Meme
Meme
Meme
>>
>>345469119
These type of games can happen, but they are rare.
I remember this one match against a Wraith who got to Level 3 and we bunkered in at the relay.
She did constant hit and run tactics from different sides, was pretty cool. Felt like a real monster movie.
>>
With no more sneaking monsters, isn't Daisy like 101% useless? I don't think I've ever seen Daisy actually find a monster. Most of the time when I play maggie I just leave daisy behind because she's retarded and howls every 5 feet.

Really the issue is planetscan taking over what trappers should be, Trackers.

If Trapper were better trackers then planetscan could be done away with letting games sometimes be frantic chases and sometimes hide and seek depending on which trapper the enemy team has. For instance you couldn't hide and seek with Daisy because she'd sniff you out.

Every game be a high speed chases is getting really boring.
>>
>>345469350
It's lost an average of 2.5k a day.

It's got maybe 2 weeks before it's back down to pre-stage 2 playerbase.
>>
>>345469415
I don't understand sneaking as a monster with the new scanner shit.

Although I was able to flank people once because they had it on cooldown, but sneaking is somehow more useless than launch.
>>
>>345469558
it's because the meta became sneaking and most monsters were able to reach stage 3 without ever being found

the new meta is isn't much better though. Swayed heavily in the hunters favor now. Monsters absolutely must take damage reduction and traversal cooldown skils, as well as feeding speed so they can actually feed while running.

Every other type of perk is an awful pick.
>>
I'm having fun with it but fuck grinding for the other characters. Also I find that in fights I have no idea what the fuck is going on a lot of the time especially as a monster
>>
>>345469759
>>345469415
>>345460518
I was a fucking AMAZING trapper.
I'd get monsters cause within the first 2 or 3 minutes almost 70% of the time.

I won almost all my games because I was able to carry as a Trapper.

The new system is weird, and with Doom releasing the Monster based on damage, I can no longer do what I used to do as trapper.
Also the new players all suck shit and aren't even half decent.
Before Stage 2, people knew how to kills Wraiths easy peasy.
>>
I want to be playing this 24/7 but after the last patch I keep crashing before the game actually starts. I was playing it just fine last patch.
>>
>>345468648
i don't think the cooldown is the problem. it tells the trapper exactly where the monster is and even what direction the monster is moving.

when i play trapper, that first scan is enough for me to find and keep track of the monster for the rest of the match. and if i somehow lose track of it, pop the scanner again and now i'm back on the monsters ass.

the low cd is only a crutch for new players. the trappers have other tools to track the monster, that when used with the scanner make it impossible to lose a monster.
>>
>>345469360
see that's the shit im taking about, something like that. worth describing to a friend.
nothing i can really say to anybody about the game as it is.
I dont even know if i can even say its fun
>>
One of the best parts of old evolve was being able to bamboozle the hunters by crouching in a bush as they all pass by you.

Bushes are gone.
Planet Scan means this can never work again.
Now it's run run run in a circle.

Boring as fuck. I hope it dies again.
>>
shit premise, shit game, no amount of turd polishing will change this
>>
File: 34236247.jpg (227 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
34236247.jpg
227 KB, 900x1350
>game literally, unironically, has a *teleports behind you* monster
>>
Fuck this game is hard to win as a monster.
>>
>>345471137
Wraith is cute and has dem hips, donĀ“t bully her
>>
>massive grind
>perks cost same currency as characters
>monster is mostly PvE
>hunter is mostly running around
the game kind of just seems fucked at the core, like the developers don't really know what to do with this concept

there's just a lot of weird shit in this game like the trapper pet that the game encourages you to follow, despite the fact that it's always faster to just track the monster yourself
>>
>>345460518
delete this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M4RwGwQslM
>>
MONSTERS ARE OP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MONSTERS ARE UP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>345469554
It's F2P so it won't get nearly that low. People are going to be playing the game but I doubt the devs are going to make much money once they introduce the store shit.
>>
>>345470616
what i'd like to see in a scanner nerf, get rid of the trappers wallhack, and make it show only the general direction of the monster, not the exact location i.e. the red scanner marker isn't centered on the monster.

this still wouldn't balance the monsters against the hunters though, only make it easier to reach stage 3.

if they make it so hunters also need to "evolve" to unlock/advance their abilities, early fights will be more balanced and a scanner nerf wouldn't be necessary.
>>
>>345461137
>Evolve as an esport

How would that work in any way at all? Even if the game was balanced this makes no sense. Would there be players who only play monster? Would people in a team take turns playing the monster against the enemy team? How? This is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>345472068
>Hunters don't start with all abilities.

You could stage 1 murder them every game if that was the case. A simple but effective nerf for the planet scanner would just to have it start on cooldown. That gives the monster another 20 second head start.

The wallhack only works for the trapper anyway.
>>
>>345472068

You notice how almost every single fps game has a wallhack now of one sort or another? Whether it's rainbow 6 with a pulse, evolve with a scanner, cod's scan grenades, Overwatch an ult that shows people through walls, even Red Orchestra has recon planes that show you where enemies are. It's out of control.
>>
>>345472068
>if they make it so hunters also need to "evolve" to unlock/advance their abilities
As >>345472216 said all I would do is sit at the dropship landing and kill the Hunters in the first 10 seconds as Wraith.
Hell I sometimes already do that now.
>>
>>345461279
More like :
>I lost therefore its the game's fault

You are but one of the thousand voices complaining about balance, when you underaged tards play as monster you make posts saying the hunters are op, when you play as hunter you post that monsters are op.
Can you finally acknowledge that you suck ass at videogames?
>>
>>345472365

And if they dont have a built in wallhack they have vision modes so the enemy lights up like a christmas tree and you can see them clearly from 5 miles away while they hide in a bush.
>>
>>345471742
F2P never guarantees a large playerbase. I can't even count how many f2p shitheaps that are out there that have less than 1k people playing it.
>>
>>345472216
>>345472431
>early monster wins

the devs are planning to give hunters invulnerability for a few seconds out of drop to counter this cheese already. also this exploit only works when you have setup time with the kraken. if you manage a win with this strat as wraith or goliath, then the hunters weren't good anyways.

a hunter "evolve" system doesn't have to strip abilities away, simply reduce their effectiveness until leveled up. give them a reason to hunt wildlife instead of chasing a stage 1 kill.
>>
>>345472158
>what are round turns
>>
>>345460518
You have shit internet, that's why.
>>
>>345460518
I gave it a fair go and enjoyed it for about a week or so with my friends but then monster hunter generations came out and I'd just rather hunt monsters there, same goes for most my pals. The few people in my group who don't like monster hunter fell off the face of the earth or went back to overwatch.

It's by no means a bad game, it just isn't that good as to compete with other games I can play for longer and not get tired of. Personally I always remember that it's from turtle rock and then I just start fantasizing about if they had just made left 4 dead 3 instead and what made those games more fun like the fact that going through the levels shooting zombies was fun and that you were against a team of monsters. As opposed to going against one monster and having no ai monster hordes to fight.

Not to mention that I think Dead by Daylight balanced the 4v1 formula better and was more fun. Only reason I dropped that game though is because of how broken and stupid easy it is to cheese the killer by vaulting over the same thing over and over and that you can't que up with friends.

All in all I think the 4v1 thing still hasn't been perfected, closest thing to it was fighting tank in left 4 dead but that wasn't even pure 4v1 so idk if you could count that. To have a team of one person is sketchy because you have to hope they either aren't stupid good at the game and easily wipe your friends, or hope they aren't stupid shit at the game and you kill them fast. But it's different when you can have a team of shitty/decent/good players against another team of shitty/decent/good players. It all rides on that one person being good but not too good at the game. If they aren't in that balanced zone of player skill and they're either extremes it ruins the match.
>>
File: evolve.png (36 KB, 653x146) Image search: [Google]
evolve.png
36 KB, 653x146
>>345460518
Dead?
>>
>>345461137
>because 4v1 is impossible to balance

No it's not, asymmetrical multiplayer games are actually the easiest to balance since both sides don't get the same change.

All they need to do is reduce kill potential for monsters at stage 1 and 2 and increase it at stage 3.

I would also bring back the dome as tracker only and increase the cool down of the global track by about 45-65% so that stealth monsters can actually exist again.

Furthermore, I would slightly nerf armor channeling and not allow monsters to go 3 points into a single skill from stage 1.

All the sudden you now got a balanced 4v1 game.
>>
>>345473471
But I think the devs want them to chase the kill the whole game. It's kinda like monster hunter in the respect that the players chase down the monster and try and find him, the monster stands and fights for a bit, then runs away again. Either just to run, go eat, or sleep or whatever. And they tried to get that with giving all players a dome to force monsters to fight before they could run away again. The major difference is that in monster hunter the monster is controlled by a balanced AI that is tailored to more or less give you a good fight. But even more so that the fighting is actually fun. Shooting at a giant target and cycling through your abilities is not that fun and the Dodge mechanic in evolve is really meh. Just fighting the monster in general isn't very fun, and that's accentuated even more by the fact that it's being controlled by a player who will either be really shit or really good. If he does happen to be in between the two, even then the combat is not that fun. Shooting at a giant target just isn't that fun and the added in abilities aren't that cool. The most fun i had was with Lennox who actually has the whole hit the monster to gain stacks and avoid getting hit to keep those stacks. Outside of that, being a hunter was boring and being the monster wasn't that fun cause I either wiped the enemy team or got fucking demolished.
>>
>>345474139
>That you can't que up with friends

Thats been in dead by daylight for almost a month now
>>
>>345460518
It's not fun I downloaded it and didn't enjoy it
>>
>>345475097
You can que? Not just private match?
>>
>>345475286
Yeah. Was a big controversy for a while too with people arguing it'd break game balance and what not. Look up survive with friends
>>
>>345475645
Yeah and I thought that was dumb. The game should be fun first and foremost and I think they're taking the balance thing too seriously. Who the fuck cares? It isn't like this shit will ever be an esport, just let us have fun. But cool, I'll probably play it later then.
>>
The should have just pumped out L4D 3 instead of trying to reanimate a dead game
>>
>>345474901
monster hunter is one of my favorite games, the reason i even had any interest in trying evolve. i love the idea of co-op hunting games. mh is balanced in such a way that if you know what you are doing, you are guaranteed a kill every single time.

evolve currently has that very same balance, if you know what to do as the hunter, you're going to win every time. the monster's skill level is like going from low to g-rank in mh. higher rank only means a tougher fight, but still very much possible for the hunters.

what makes mh fun is grinding out gear and mats to craft a perfect clownsuit.

hunters in evolve start with their clownsuits, smash monsters left and right with the current balance, then quit because the game is too easy. there's nothing to do once you get good at hunting monsters.

i want to play this game more, but the way it is now, i'll play one or two matches a day before switching games. give us tougher monsters, catering to the casuals will only kill this game off faster.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.