[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sea of Thieves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Sea-of-Thieves.jpg (171 KB, 1200x666) Image search: [Google]
Sea-of-Thieves.jpg
171 KB, 1200x666
Can we have a Sea of Thieves speculation thread?

What do you think so far? Granted there isn't much to go on.

Just got back from a trip to a place that had no internet and pretty much missed the whole of E3. What was the reaction here?

I don't have an Xbone so I was pretty happy to see that it's getting a PC release.
>>
Arrr
>>
yarr
>>
>>345457091
I think it was announced last year it was getting a PC release, but the cross buy feature is great though if you ever get a bone. I thought the gameplay looked fun, I'm just assuming my friends mostly wont buy it though so it wont be as social as it should be. The reaction here was mad that they used loud people
>>
>>345457091
>release date: 2016
Here's my speculation: extreme delay. Same goes for Mount and Blade Bannerlord.

Also Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is vaporware and both Tripwire teams are working on Killing Floor 2 DLC instead.
>>
Unless I can play solo, I am not interested.
>>
I like the idea, but if there's no underwater, or water exploration im out. Don't turn into the game Salt and just leave these vast oceans with fucking nothing in them.
>>
>>345457091
there won't be enough marketing to make it successful

screencap this
>>
yo ho
>>
It's No Man's Sky on the seas.

Another game that will never ever live up to its hype/promises.
>>
matey
>>
>>345459702
It was already delayed, it never had a solid release when it was first announced nor given one at e3. MS already has their holiday lineup for one exclusive per month essentially, SoT is after halo wars 2
>>
dead men tell no tales
>>
>>345460452
>MS already has their holiday lineup for one exclusive per month essentially, SoT is after halo wars 2
Halo Wars 2 comes out in February. What 'holiday lineup' are you talking about, exactly?
>>
>>345460301
But no mans sky has been way more overhyped because Sony has been dragging it out like a show pony for the past three years saying it was going to be an exclusive that year only to delay it because they have no other releases and so ponies still look forward to it out of desperation
>>
Windows 10 exclusive as far as PCs go so I am rather disappointed.
>>
>>345461052
Right. Halo wars 2 comes out in February. SoT was announced for February but then that was redacted, so its coming after it.

Holiday lineup is Recore, Gears, Forza, and Dead Rising, while giving space for Battlefield and COD.
>>
Look my hope overall is that we aren't getting Peter Molyneux'd.

Other than that it shows promise and if they do what they say they are going to do it will be good.

>>345461350
Yeah I agree man, I'm still on Windows 8 and all my shits working just fine here so I don't really want to upgrade.
>>
I loved the E3 showcase, even if I knew it was heavily scripted the whole time but fuck, man
>all that process to set sail
>setting sail is literally raising the anchor, opening up the sail, catching the wind direction and giving the hull direction with the actual mechanism
>firing cannons is loading and firing them
>cannonballs make holes of their size in the ships
>they start filling with water
Jesus christ it was great.
>>
>>345463719
And that's the problem. It was heavily scripted.

The real game will probably look/play nothing like it.
>>
File: all_of_my_questions.png (72 KB, 321x326) Image search: [Google]
all_of_my_questions.png
72 KB, 321x326
>>345463719
>what is guns of icarus

someone needs to explain what is difference between these two games except you can move on land and its pirates and not steampunk
>>
>>345464721
The difference is guns of icarus is actually a game that delivered on its promises.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.