[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we discuss WoW and talk about the state of the game? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74
File: world-of-warcraft.jpg (149 KB, 800x444) Image search: [Google]
world-of-warcraft.jpg
149 KB, 800x444
Can we discuss WoW and talk about the state of the game? I'm honestly curious about what people think about it past the memes
>>
triggered vanillia fags pretending grinding and 100 days to lv60 is good in 3..2...1...
>>
>state of the game while everyone is just waiting for legion
Literally retarded.
>>
>>345444791
>all 5 major villains have horns somewhere
bravo
>>
>>345444881
It takes about 5 days /played.
>>
>>345444791
Played it when it launched up till WoTLK and basically get tired of its shit. Even if they have legacy server, i won't come back because i am too old for this.
>>
File: halloween-959006_960_720.jpg (215 KB, 960x678) Image search: [Google]
halloween-959006_960_720.jpg
215 KB, 960x678
>>345444791
I was a holydin for basically my entire time and I typically PvPed a lot.

My favorite time in the game was during Wrath of the Lich King you could spec deep enough into Protection to get the Avengers Shield or whatever it was called. Basically it was a shield that would bounce up to 3 targets and silence them and put the rest into holy so you had the sacred shield + flash of lights having like 70% crit chance on them. So you gave up mobility for avengers shield and high crit chance flash of lights.

You could also glyph avengers shield so it would hit one guy but much harder so you could intentionally crit someone for 50% of their hp in arena and you would also gem pure stamina as this prot/holy spec since you had a talent that converted 30% of your stamina into healing and as a result you were tanky as all fuck and still healed well enough. This spec sucked in 3v3 if the enemy could pressure since you didn't have beacon or flash but rocked in 2v2 or a very agressive 3v3.

Then Blizzard removed the spec but they didn't just make it weaker they straight up removed the ability to mingle specs with cata and forcing you into a specialization.

Now don't get me wrong I do get the logic behind pruning the talent trees, at the end of the day the majority of the 51 talent points in a tree were shit like 1% less chance to miss, or you regen 2% mana per attack or just passive stuff that didn't really matter. But there is no reason to have made it impossible to vary your character and spec 100% ret as holy or go hunter with like 1/3 talents in each tree.

So what if it's a noob trap? It's a fucking video game not some sort of gate keeper to your life, just let people play how they want to play. If some random ass spec ends up way overpowered then nerf it but if it's just strong then let it be for variety. Hell you could even buff weird specs as alternative play styles. I'd love ele shaman that runs in to auto attack every so often.
>>
File: tumblr_m719t5Hj9N1qkidce.png (6 KB, 390x470) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m719t5Hj9N1qkidce.png
6 KB, 390x470
>>345445179
wew only about 120hours to get to max level
>>
>>345444791
It's just a boring game, there's nothing really more to it. People don't play it because it's fucking boring not because of SJWs or muh nostalgia or what ever
>>
>>345444791
>2010+6
>still playing this garbage
Wew lad
>>
>>345445570
>>345444881
>...
>tumblr
kill yourself.
>>
>>345446274
>tumblr

?
>>
>>345445179
>It takes about 5 days /played.
Pretty sure the record before BC came out was 6days 20hours iirc.
>>
>>345446336
Get lost, newfag.
>>
>>345446481
Lmao, no one says newfags any more. Get with the times grandpa, this board is ours now
>>
>>345444791
Raiding is still very fun in WoW and I enjoy it. I haven't played in over a year but plan on resubbing for legion. There are still a few classes that I haven't tried yet so I'm pretty excited for that.
I agree with most of the criticisms that people make against it but it's not fucked to the point of unplayability. Besides, there are few worthwhile MMORPGs out right now so I am pressured into choosing WoW for my mmo fix.
>>
I'll be real.

I been hating on the game a lot for a while now. But my autism caused me to come back for the demon hunters.

I got in the beta and its really fun so far. Playing DH is actually pretty dope and class identity is pretty fun for the class so far. Questing is fun so far. It is what you are used to but do have interesting story moments and events.

Articfact weapons pissed me off and still piss me off as a lore fag but mechanically its nice to have something to work towards at max and gives you a tiny bit of decision making beyond your talents.

Still a lot of I haven't gotten to try but as someone who's incredibly cynical of WoW... I been enjoying it. But to be honest I will more than likely be burnt out after a month or so like always but least I'll get my money's worth. It dosnt save wow or anything but it definitely learned from the mistakes WoD made. Except the garrisons which they have a hard on for

And considering with Tokens you can play for free. I don't see why not stick around with that in mind.
>>
>>345444791
>I'm honestly curious about what people think about it past the memes
The lore has been reduced to a parody of itself thanks to the endless vertical progression in the expansions. The world itself may as well not exist because the easiest ways to level now involve never travelling through it. There's no need to be social anymore and is actively being discouraged thanks to cross-server content. Everything is now pay-to-win. All the content is now focused on the endgame experience rather than the leveling (which is actually where most of the fun was in vanilla). It's not a BAD game but it's a shadow of its former self at best.
>>
>>345446439
Joana, during making his notorious guide, reached 60 in 4d20h and while that was with a hunter (arguably the strongest levelling class), there also was a number of handicaps at play (absolutely no grouping up or using player-created items) that should compensate for this effect for any class.
>>
>>345444791
It's still the best MMORPG out there
>>
It hasn't been great since Vanilla, good since TBC, or playable since Wrath.

There's no reason to still be playing retail.
>>
>>345446727
For new players to the game, the world will still be pretty interesting to explore though. Obviously if you are on your 10th alt it's never going to be fun levelling.
>>
>>345446806
>WoTLK
>playable
It was the pinnacle of the game.

Also MoP was still good
>>
>>345447029
>WoTLK
>normie expansion
>pinnacle of the game
>>
>>345446738
>reached 60 in 4d20h
It was four days? You sure about that? Could have sworn it was six.

Also I tried leveling a hunter using his guide and it was oodles of fun. It's so gratifying when you're just naturally breezing through areas and running into the perfect bundles of quests that you need. One of the best bits was the route through Stonetalon Mountains and Ashenvale. You end up racing through to SM at like L16ish and visit Ashenvale at ~19, getting the flight paths and doing a handful of quests, visit the barrens in between each of those journeys to do a bunch of other quests and then back to those regions. I can't really do it justice describing it but it's such a bloody clever route.
>>
It's in a fairly poor spot at the moment. The classes are still enjoyable and whatever content comes out is small but still fun to play through. It's a completely different game to its original release with more emphasis on solo content and a playerbase that's too spread out making it difficult to form bonds with other players

Basically it's only a thing you primarily play with friends or people you've known online for years who still play it
>>
>>345447029
>le ebin mass casualization and welfare epics

you can always tell who played the game before wrath and who are wrathbabbies
>>
>>345447154
CALLED IT!

>>345444881
>>
>>345447135
>be 26 years old

>beg for 12 bucks on an online videogame board

holy pathetic batman
>>
Warcraft 3 ruined the Warcraft universe.

When will Dragon and Ogres be part of the horde again?
>>
>>345447221
>>345447214
heere they come!!!
>>
>>345447221
>CALLED IT!
You said triggered. That's not triggered. I am disappoint anon.
>>
>>345447154
>Not liking something because normal people play it
Get lost Autisman, you're no more needed here
>>
>>345447214
>Casualization
>Raids are far more difficult than Vanilla

People fucking clicked in AQ40 and basically stood still to a kill a boss. It was all about gear
>>
>>345446940
There isn't anything left to explore when the game is a 100% linear ride through zones with every mob and object having an obvious purpose and everything interesting and iconic (think of details like Sons of Arugal) being removed. The post-Cataclysm world also is awful in that it doesn't showcase any believable status quo (everything's destroyed everywhere, even when lore-wise it should be months since the Cataclysm eventss) while a new player doesn't have any attachment to characters like Mankrik or areas like Shimmering Flats that might have posed some interest to older players.
>>
WoD is fucking awful in almost every way and it added almost nothing good to the game, it's even worse than cata
>>
>>345447354
he needs to get lost because he said normie, not because he doesn't like wrath
>>
>>345444881
but it was GREAT, leveling was playing the game, nowdays the only thing that matters its "endgame" wich is 10% of the game, but everyone rushes
>>
>>345444791
I've played on and off since Vanilla, but the only expansion I stuck around for was MoP.
I finally quit after about 3 months of WoD because they had changed fire mage enough that I couldn't solo mobs at 100, and doing garrison chores for resources on alts was unpleasant enough that by the time I had finished I was done playing for the day.
I already felt like the time I'd spent in the game was time wasted on bullshit, so I don't plan to come back for legion.
>>
>>345447269
I want Christian Paladins back.
>>
>>345447402
>it's even worse than cata
Whoa let's not go nuts

Dragon Soul was a shitfest
>>
>>345447178
It was 4d20h: http://www.furiouspaul.com/pc/wow/

>My fastest time was 4 days 20 hours and 52 minutes with a troll hunter
>>
>>345447374
People clicked their way through 10m heroic in Wrath

Also wrath naxx was a fucking joke compared to vanilla
>>
File: noice.png (100 KB, 241x207) Image search: [Google]
noice.png
100 KB, 241x207
>>345447880
What a badass.
>>
State of the game:
Writing and quest design is shit. They need to reign in the humour a bit. Keep in internally consistent like vanilla. They also need to reign in the drama and the dramatics especially since they can't write those for shit either. Stuff like Thrall's wedding or Velen randomly dying to give some literally WHO female acolyte we only just recsued from an orc rape dungeon unlimited power of light. It seems like it's a theme now that every starting zone needs to be bookended by something overly dramatic, aka Jade Forest and Shadowmoon Valley. Don't blow your load at the start, save it and it will be more effective and unexpected like wrathgate. They do this to draw in players so they will keep playing but it just makes them feel like they're wasting time with pointless quests after the urgency displayed in the starting zone.

Music, zone design and concept top notch as always.

Gameplay is utter shit. Every spec looks and plays the same. Best gameplay mechanically speaking was during Wotlk, when cc still mattered a lot, all classes had unique utilities and failing to cc a random trash mob could mean the difference between wiping.

The open world questing is TOO EASY. Reintroduce the threat of death and dying in the real world. This is heavily linked with ability design. Removing class utility but tuning the content to be harder is a recipe for disaster as gameplay will devolve to can I deal more damage to the enemy creep before I deal enough damage to me, instead of finding and using more creative ways to cheat death.

If they continue to strip utility, we'll end up with TSW type gameplay where it's literally just the binary abilities of damaging and healing.

The lore desperately needs a revamp. Stop resurrecting old characters and focus on writing new ones.
>>
File: 1438339312823.jpg (63 KB, 668x708) Image search: [Google]
1438339312823.jpg
63 KB, 668x708
I just want official BC and WOTLK servers. I want to be destroyed by the painful nostalgia
>>
>>345448802
>I just want official BC and WOTLK servers.
Why would you want to be reminded of when the series started to show its biggest red flags?
>>
File: 1461407537700.png (631 KB, 1644x720) Image search: [Google]
1461407537700.png
631 KB, 1644x720
Better:
-Questing
-Raid complexity
-Gameplay mechanics

Worse:
-Community
-Lore (although some of the Broken Isles stuff looks cool)
>>
>>345448064
That's a blatant lie, i was in my server's top1 pve guild and ICC HM10/25 was pretty hard, nobody clicked, some people were Gladiators it was for the best people only
>>
>>345448064
>8 tank 4 horseman wasn't a fucking joke

lol ok then
>>
>>345448943
I don't remember the gameplay mechanics of the time anymore. My nostalgia is just for Outland and Northrend and pre-Cata Azeroth
>>
>>345448685
Apparently a lot of big characters are dying in Legion, and newer characters are filling in.
>>
>>345444881
>100 days
More like a week of casual game will reach you 60 in vanilla.

If you really play the game, you could reach it in half that time.
>>
New title theme is pretty dope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiRFbU3VoWc

skip to 1:30 if you're impatient
>>
Honestly I played from vanilla to mists. Stopped a few weeks into that expansion simply because I didn't have the time anymore with work. Things are a bit different now and I'm looking at playing again, honestly it being easier to level and get gear is appealing to me because I can't play as much as I did when vanilla and BC were fresh.

So I guess I am the cancer.
>>
>>345449295
>that cancer feel
being pandered to feels good though
>>
>>345449256
>a week of casual game will reach you 60 in vanilla
>Record is 4d20h
>week of casual game will reach you 60
Why bother lying? Reaching 60 in vanilla was tough.
>>
>>345449408
Sure, if you were a buttfucking moron.
>>
>>345448970
Just erase Cata - WoD Lore and things are gonna be fine.
>>
Legion is looking pretty good overall. WOD was a god tier expansion at launch and suffered because of a lack of content being added to it. An issue Blizz has already promised they won't repeat

>BAWWWW ITS NOT A CARBON COPY OF VANILLA SO ITS SHIT
>>
>>345449536
wow nice argument
>>
>>345449701
>WOD was a god tier expansion at launch
Way to discredit your opinion.
>>
>>345449585
Lore was retarded as early as TBC
>>
>>345449408
It wasn't really tough just super tedious

Especially if you were a Rogue, holy shit
>>
>>345444791
It's too easy, everything is thrown at you for zero effort. Cross realm killed any sense of community. The ease of leveling and dumbing down of classes/content (now you can buy max levels) further killed the community because now guilds have no reason to recruit "I'll just hop on my alt NP"

When a new content patch hits everyone and their Mother just plows through it in 2 or 3 weeks and if you miss out, you'd better have gold because you will have to buy a clear to ever see it.

The game has been a complete shit show since the right around the time the South Park episode aired.
>>
>>345449720
>wow it takes longer than a week of playing to hit max level even though it's a themepark game that objectively holds your hand from 1-60 so it's really tough!

Having even a minuscule time investment doesn't make something hard, retard.
>>
>>345449701
Abilities are pruned back to Vanilla's count and some specs, like Retardins, Warlocks and Melee hunters are a joke, which is JUST like vanilla. Vanilla fags should be flooding back for this!!

And did I mention that there's instances locked behind a reputation grind attunment!??
>>
>>345448685
>and failing to cc a random trash mob could mean the difference between wiping.
>WotLK

What are you smoking? Many 5-man "heroic" bosses and most of the trash were soloable for some specs (like prot pallies and blood DKs) in first tier gear, and for groups they were a facerollable AoE-fest the moment you dinged 80. And as far as raid trash goes, besides a few mobs in Ulduar (Magma Ragers, Storm Tempered Keepers, the flower packs on Freya), it's the same story, their abilities literally don't matter and you just AoE them. And none of those non-trivial mobs utilize crowd control.
>>
>>345449408
Technically you're right. If it was your first character, it would take you long time. However with enough alts, you can easily brush through the content and give yourself a 60 alt in a weeks time.
>>
>>345449758
Not op, but it was really good at launch. God tier dungeon and zone designs, and the first two raids were really good. Garrisons may have gotten old fast, but were initially promised a lot more content to be added to them, so I would say the expansion was great at launch.
>>
>>345449701
Blizz also promised to never drag out a raid tier as long as SoO again and look how that turned out.
>>
>>345449817
>It wasn't really tough just super tedious
Yeah that's true, I chose my words poorly.
>Especially if you were a Rogue, holy shit
My first character was a rogue. I know that pain.
>extremely item-dependent
>you want to start fights from stealth so you spend half of the fight sneaking around your opponent
>only compensation for that is sprint
>>
>>345449926
Never understood the logic that more CDs = better game
>>
File: garona.png (976 KB, 1161x695) Image search: [Google]
garona.png
976 KB, 1161x695
>how did adults play vanilla, you had to have no life and work only 6 hours a day. Everything in vanilla was a grind.

Anyways I'm 106 and completed 3 areas in legion beta. The game is the same shit. If you bored with Draenor in two weeks then don't bother wasting $65 dollaroos on legion. I warned you
>>
File: 1457113804162.png (38 KB, 198x141) Image search: [Google]
1457113804162.png
38 KB, 198x141
GET DOWN ON THE GROUND AND SHOW ME YOUR TRANSMOGS AND EXPLAIN WHY YOU'VE DRESSED YOUR CHARACTERS THE WAY YOU HAVE
>>
Blizzard made the expansion pricey because they know its shit and they dont intend to put a lot of effort into content. So they want to grab as much cash off initial sales hype as possible for when their sub numbers plummet again.
>>
File: DK.jpg (70 KB, 508x499) Image search: [Google]
DK.jpg
70 KB, 508x499
>>345450223
As a DK, I am honor bound to be as edgy as possible.
>>
Game is ded mechanics wise. Just wait for CoE in 2017
>>
>>345449141
Would be good if death meant anything in this universe. Illidan was supposed to be dead. Bolvar came back, even Uther's ghost returns to talk every year.

In any case I was thinking about new villains and entirely new factions. I miss the days when not all threats were at a global scale. Stuff like defias, gnolls and murlocs.
>>
>>345450357
>Edgy as possible
>Wearing Blood Elf helmet/shoulders/gloves >Using a blood elf weapon
>Not edgy at all

What are you even trying with this man
>>
>>345450223
Waiting til the middle of the prepatch to resub, so I only have an armory pic, but I use the Warlock Tier 6 because of the coloring and the cool wings when jumping.
>>
>>345450471
I need to have green lights on my armor. I don't have a wide selection
>>
>>345448685
>the need less humor
>but also less drama
what do you want?
>>
>>345450357
>Tauren DK
Man fuck this lore rape. Tauren paladins, non Alliance paladins in general. Dalaran a neutral city.
>>
>>345449768
Yeah TBC was fan service.
They should've continue the WC3 storyline as they have done in WotLK.
>>
>>345450558
You have an enormous selection of hilariously edgy armor my boy.
>>
>>345450635
>Lore rape

Tauren paladins are sun druids not Order of the SIlver Hand. No Lore rape has occured
>>
Pvp will be horrible from fromage's perspective.

>Start with poly
>Trained, can't cast
>CC, cast for shit damage
>Trained again, can't cast
>CC, cast for nearly no damage again
>Still trained, can't cast
>CC
>Throw a 3 sec cast time FUCK YOU at the enemy to one-shot him

At least fire and arcane looks fun with all the adhd instants as fire, and being invisible ninja mage as arcane.
>>
>>345450635
>THINGS CHANGE
>ALL LORE NEEDS TO STAY THE SAME FOREVER NO PROGRESSION NO NO NO NO
>>
>>345450739
>Arcane gets to use 3 blinks back to back with no cool down between them.
>Literally a NOPE button
>>
>>345450567
Ever played vanilla? Basically that.
"Murlocs overran my farm!" no humour, no drama, just a simple quest.
>>
>>345450727
It's not so much lore rape as it is WoW writers/developers willing to toss lore aside for the sake of their own retarded needs.

The introduction of "Sun Druids" was brought about by about three paragraphs of "lore." There was no precursor to their existence whatsoever. I'm convinced that the Blizzard devs were tired of having to roll blood elves to be paladins on Horde and just wrote up some shit to let their retarded cow people be paladins too.

Why they never do this for other race/class combinations is what really bothers me.
>>
>>345450442
I think once you vanquish Ragnaros, who was shaped by the titans themselves, you can't really go back.
>>
>>345450727
>people actually buying into this bullshit...
>>
I think the game is still good but most people who would be interested in WoW have already played it by now and once you autism for a year or more on it you kind of run out of things to do, so its natural people quit.

If I had never played wow and I went into it right now with fresh eyes I know I'd find it fun all over again, and theres few games with this much content and potential for hours played.
>>
>>345450901
>GRRRRR ONLY BLOOD ELVES SHOULD BE ABLE TO BE PALADINS I HATE ALL THESE UGLY RACES GETTING WHAT MAKES US SNOWFLAKES!!

Let me guess, you hate Dwarf Shaman and Orc mages too, right?
>>
>>345448685
>When CC still mattered a lot
BC, not WotLK. That entire expansion for me was blizzard/volley spam. It was why I was so excited for Cata when they claimed that the dungeons were going to be challenging again, why I was so happy to see that it was true when it came out, and why it was so much more depressing when they got destroyed in the first couple weeks.
>>
>>345451208
Those first few weeks of Cata were prime.

WoTLK made the playerbase stupid though, so the nerfs were swift and harsh.
>>
>>345444791
Let's just say it could have been a lot better but also a whole lot worse.
>>
>>345450646
They followed up WC2 lore with cataclysm with Cho'gal and Deathwing.
>>
>>345449840
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>345451169
>Missing the point

You can make new class/race combinations. Just don't try to justify the wildly out-of-left-field ones with a mere three paragraphs of "lore" on a website. I could see tauren paladins happening if they had prepared such. As of now they've done dick shit to develop them further and we're all expected to believe that tauren dressed in armor that have distinctly human/dwarf/draenei designs is supposed to be okay.

One of the dumbest fucking things you'll see in WoW as a returning player is a tauren in judgement.
>>
>>345444791
Im about to check the state if the game. I didnt want to spend money on game time so I asked the customer service to grant me some free time to check the pre patch changes and they gave me 10 days for free. I'll either redpill myself or like the changes and resub. Nice touch from Blizz.
>>
>>345446738
no grouping isn't a handicap

also to really show how shit wow leveling was, I should mention that Joana's guide is filled with "grind on the way" because quest xp was so misaligned
>>
What will I play now that they remove rogues Burst of Speed? I think I got too used to it as I use it 100% of all times when I'm not flying.
>>
>>345451593
Demon Hunters with their double jump/glide/dash ability.
>>
>playing a moba that requires you to grind for days before the "real game"
>>
>>345451650
I don't think you know what anything you just said means...
>>
>>345451512
We had NPCs talking about it in game moving away from the moon centered worship focal to Elf worshiping of Elune and instead worhsiping both of the eyes of of the earth mother meaning sun and moon. Mechnically, all paladin abilities are light oriented which jives with the idea of a sun druid.Lore wise, the light is a source of power that literally anyone can use so long as they believe hard enough.

There is nothing even mildly wrong about tauren druids. Now Goblin Shamans? Forsaken Hunters? Night Elf Mages? Thats where shit is a little iffy
>>
>>345451593
druid
>>
>>345451728
>Forsaken Hunters?

Nathanos Blightcaller called. Says you're a turd.

>Night Elf Mages?

More justifiable than tauren paladins given they practiced magic at one point.

>Goblin Shamans?

Fucking agreed.
>>
>>345450107
I don't think the "number of buttons" has any intrinsic value by itself. It doesn't meaningfully alter the room for skill there is in the game (hell, in many ways, having new more powerful tools makes gameplay elements that used to have depth trivial, forcing developers to compensate by adding ever more abilities to raid bosses and players, leading to bosses feeling like a completely arcade-y dance floor clusterfuck while PvP devolves to "cooldown trading", and sometimes devs fail to add anything worthy to compensate and game ends up just trivial, like the state of healing and tanking in WotLK) because almost the entirety of differences between players come from things like minimizing movement and quick target switching rather than getting "rotations" right, and how involved a class feels isn't directly tied to their number of buttons either. In addition, adding or changing abilities can be used as a tool of homogenization, which I think is bad for the game (like every single class receiving interrupts and CC options and what have you).

However, not being inherently bad doesn't mean removal of abilities is good either. Just like adding abilities can homogenize the game, removal of abilities can do the same (removing unique abilities that provide the class an unique role, or removing iconic abilities that's responsible to its distinct character) and much more (for example, "niche" abilities actually do tend to provide the game with depth and room for skilful play since they're not in the automatic repertoire and it takes presence of mind to recognize their usefulness, fluff abilities are responsible for much of the class' identity, a game where not everything has an obvious purpose doesn't feel like an overengineered piece of shit etc).
>>
>>345451930
tl;dr
>>
>>345445570

1-60 is an amazing journey you fucking cuck

The best thing about vanilla is that theres challenging content at every level
>>
>>345451968
-me, trying to understand what Nostfags are bitching about
>>
>>345452018
>impossible to do class quests unless you are over geared or are running with a squad.
>Dungeon loot actually matters because there are no looms
>That long drag to 40 just so you can get the SLOW mount
>Takes literal hours to get a group together so when you're in a dungeon, you stick it out through thick and thin
>That sensation of fighting your way to the dungeon entrance for the first time.
>Takes a month minimum for most players to even reach cap

It was a different world back then
>>
File: 1464722336743.png (288 KB, 481x600) Image search: [Google]
1464722336743.png
288 KB, 481x600
>>345452018
>le challenging content meme

Yeah its so fun fighting normal monsters for 1 minute, then they run away and pull or you have to sit down and drink/eat for half a minute

GREAT content really

wait lets not forget the need to farm consumables for 6hours before any raid
>>
I've been playing on the beta for months. Ask me anything.
>>
>>345446670
same famalam

always take a break between expansions but never dropped one as fast as WoD, didn't even make it to the hellfire patch

not even in the beta but just playing on the PTR made everything feel like it's gonna be better this time

I REALLY wish Artifacts were handled differently though, why not you creating the artifact? why not let us personalize it, I would've loved something closer to what LOTRO has with legendary items without the microjewing
>>
>>345452256
favorite caster?
>>
>>345451208
>>345451308
Man, timewalking Pit of Saron gave me PTSD of that period. I opted to tackle that 2 wipefest trash packs by instructing the dps to follow a marked kill order and single-target, focus-fire while I blow my tanking CDs, but even for that, some players have issue following.
>>
>>345446274
Oh no, a well thought out rebuttal. Better call him a fag for posting an arbitrary picture related to how fucking retarded my post was.
>>
>>345451728
Night Elf Mages and Forsaken Hunters had precedent in vanilla~wotlk but Goblin Shamans, idk.
>>
File: 1466066022806.jpg (58 KB, 648x648) Image search: [Google]
1466066022806.jpg
58 KB, 648x648
>>345444791
i liked having a main at lvl 60, a secondary main at 40~, then a couple of alts at 20, with a million things to do

way more fun feeling than having 20 level 100s with nothing to do
>>
>People who played already said it was shit

Pass FFXIV is shit but its fun shit.
>>
>>345452362
New demonology warlock. Feels nice to actually have an army of demons.
>>
>>345452597
Eh, Elves completely fucked the world over with Magic once and are responsible for almost every problem going on in Azeroth right now. I just can't see magic being a wide spread thing their culture would adopt again. As for undead hunters- in most settings. Animals have a natural repulsion to undead. I find it a little sketchy that an undead hunter could tame anything beyond undead and blight pets.
>>
>>345449289
I swear whoever does the music is the only person/group of people who have any idea what the fuck they're doing anymore. The music is consistently good, even in most of WoD. It's the only thing that really draws you back in, only for the shitty gameplay and poor design decisions to drive you away.
>>
>>345452786
>Elves completely fucked the world over with Magic once and are responsible for almost every problem going on in Azeroth right now
That's pretty funny. You sound like a BLM activist talking about white people.
>>
>>345451578
Not deciding to do Blackfathom Depths and spending an hour running there from Stormwind certainly is beneficial in terms of XP. Even if you were summoned to the entrance, it wouldn't be a boost either, at least unless someone has grabbed the quests for you and is ready to share. The same goes with grinding mobs with a player with an inferior contribution to your overall killing speed (although in some circumstances it can be a boost, depending on the classes involved: imagine the boost a warrior gets from windfury and elimination of downtime and what shaman gets from someone who can actually kill stuff when buffed).

However, not everything is shit XP and out of the way like BFD is. For example, Joana's guide tends to skip most elite quests. The quests in Jintha'Alor for example are excellent (they were added mid-expansion but I think the guide was made during one of the later patches), both in terms of rewards and XP (Dark Vessels with original requirement of 10 is only worth it for one party member, though) and being able to do said quests early in a party rather than backtracking to do them yourself several levels later increases efficiency.
>>
>>345452994
The legion literally would not be on Azeroth were it not for elves
The orcs would have never been corrupted were it not for elves.
The dragon soul would have never been corrupted were it not for elves

Literally the only issue Azeroth would have right now if elves didn't fuck us over with magic is that the old gods are still a thing. No Lich king, no orcs, no dragon problems, no alternate time lines, no Garrosh. it's all elves.
>>
are there any good youtube videos that showcase the weird class changes, like melee hunters?
>>
>>345453174
But you have to admit they're pretty hot.
>>
>>345453257
Preach gaming maybe but you might as well just test it out on the PTR or just wait for the patch like, tomorrow.
>>
>>345452750
>liking new demo
opinion discarded, demonic empowerment spam is shit and the imps feel worthless
>>
>>345453462
>not getting the talent that explodes your imps
>>
>>345446546
That's exactly what a salty newfag would say
>>
>>345453545
>you have to take X talent for a spec to be enjoyable
love this meme
>>
>>345453568
>le relic of times gone face
>>
>>345453584
That's happened pretty frequently in WoW buddy. I've always favored melee over pansy caster shit anyway.
>>
>>345452786
Night Elf mages make perfect sense. They were the original super-mages after all, just those that kept with the magic business became naga or high elves. It's perfectly reasonable to expect some NEs to dabble in magic still, they would just be shunned by the rest of their culture. Just like how Warlocks in every single race (except the forsaken and maybe blood elves) are outcasts that nobody likes or trusts.
>>
>>345453912
Anyone can be anything. But characte classes reflect large swaths of society adopting a new way. Elves unanimously hated magic for what it did to them until Cata where someone opened a closet and hundreds of elf mages just fell out no problem. It makes no fucking sense. Orc warlocks? There were a shit ton of them already and at no point in any Horde were they removed. They were always kept around for their power- granted often hated for it.
>>
>>345450223
tfw no transmogs
tfw other characters pointing and laughing at me when i visit a city
>>
>>345447742
Cata was really fun before Dragon Soul, WoD was boring before Highmaul
>>
what's everyone maining in legion? resto druid here
>>
>>345454975
Can't decide. Legion is the first expansion to make me want to play several classes/specs. Some of which I never even considered before. Subtlety Rogue, Unholy DK, Enhance Shaman, Brewmaster Monk. They're all very appealing.
>>
>>345454975
If you aren't playing Unholy DK, Windwalker Monk or ENH shaman. You're doing it wrong
>>
Post things that make your REEEE

I'll start
>log in
>people are chatting with each other
>>
>>345455538
>I have to reroll to the FOTM to be good at this easy ass game

kys
>>
>>345455538
ENH looks like a meme spec with everyone rolling that. I think I might go DK so I can get fast queues as tank and deal good dmg when I need to.
>>
How fun and good are Ret and Prot paladins in Legion? I was thinking of switching mains and the 2 things that appeal to me the most right now is DH and Paladin and I would love the option to tank or DPS.
>>
continued from last thread
WARLOCKS GETTING FUCKED IN THE ASS SINCE FOREVER
>>
>>345455889
Ret is okay. They got some neat new toys and their rotation is slightly more engaging than it was before. Prot was nice when I played it but it had a terrible bug during the few levels I played that made them suffer pretty badly.

Go DH if you want flashy and satisfying visuals. DH tanking is also hilariously simple and your healer can just take a nap or if they're Holy Paladin/Mistweaver they can contribute to the DPS instead.
>>
>>345456042
Because only fuccbois play them.
>>
>>345455321
>>345455538
i want to play a dk pretty bad but leveling is too fucking boring
>>
>>345455837
Be a healer for fast queues. There's a large influx of Demon Hunter tanks

>>345456042
Now that you mention that, isn't Shadow Priest the new kys spec? Can warlocks still commit sudoku?
>>
>>345455823
>>345455837
Its not even about numbers. Mechanically, these the most fun classes to play in Legion
>>
>>345456194

I don't really care that much about flash visuals.
>>
You can all bitch about vanilla on 4chan but I know I was having more fun at level 16 in the Barrens than basically any point WoD. I just wish there was a BC server worth shit since I never got to play that.

I'm still considering coming back like the cuck I am since I have more money than I know what to do with and I know I'll at least get a few dozen hours out of it.
>>
Alright anons how did Death Knights end up?

I wanna play some sort of spookmancer and locks got buttfucked.
>>
I'm unironically really excited for Outlaw rogue because I love it thematically, but I'm 100% sure it will be shit due to relying on RNG.
>>
>>345456425

I love everything about Outlaw, even Roll The Bones but the overall damage of Outlaw is really bad.
>>
>>345456202
And yet we're the ones getting a literal succubus brothel in our class hall and the eredar twins as slaves. What does your class gets? A hall that also serves as a dungeon? Being cucked by the Light right at the end of your campaign?
>>
Reminder to open all your Salvage Crates today because after tomorrow the value of all items inside them will plummet.
>>
>>345456393
They are nothing like the Warcraft 2 version. Killing someone with the Death Coil ability doesn't even heal you.
>>
>>345456383
Just go and play, Wow is still a very good game. I imagine like 90% of players starting it will enjoy it a lot. Just because people here meme "theres nothing to do" its not true. I thought so too and was bored and started and im playing like 5 hours every day for two months now. Theres just SO much to do.
>>
>>345456586
>What does your class gets?

Good dps and usefulness.
>>
>>345456425
from what I've played of it the RNG is obviously there but the cool down is so low and the effect is so so often in your favor it's never really an issue.
>>
>>345456393
they say unholy is one of the most complete specs in the game
>>
>>345452948
The art team not working on gear is still on point. Even as shit as Draenor was in wod it looked good, when you weren't forced to look at shitty Orc architecture.
>>
>>345456617
>Wow is still a very good game
stop memeing anon
>>
>>345449817
>>345450087
I was an idiot and leveled up as sub because I made the rogue to have stealth and dammit I am going to use stealth. Finally had a friend convince me at like 52 to go combat and it became so much easier not having to wait on being able to backstab.
>>
>>345456393
Consensus is that Unholy DK is pretty good. With talents you can fight alongside an abomination and a val'kyr. Affliction locks, while rather boring, are pretty tough as well due to the life drain + demon skin.
>>
>>345454975
Sticking to my Fury warrior.
>>
have you people seen the WoW general on /vg/? it's a bunch of pandas and female blood elves and literal shemales attention whoring with selfies and transmogs. I knew the game in its current state is pretty bad, but holy shit.
>>
>>345456318
Leveling in Legion is quicker than any other expansion because it amounts to nothing.

Unless you're a demon hunter, you don't get anything from leveling from 100-110. The only strength progression in Legion is within your artifact weapon which only really begins to level up the moment you hit 110. I don't mind running through the zones in Legion except for Stormheim which really fucking drags. As far as classes fun to play while leveling, Unholy, Enhance and Subtlety were my favorites.
>>
>>345456702
TP portals were still a thing last time I checked. Besides, almost every expansion starts with Warlocks weak as shit only to become among the best DPS as gear piles up. Beginning will suck indeed, but the ride will become smooth later.
>>
>>345456759
(you)
>>
>>345456938

WoW general speaks nothing about the WoW playerbase, it's just that general is just completely full of /soc/ niggers who won't stop shitting up the place.
>>
>>345456938
>playing with 4chan in any game

You had it coming.
>>
How are tanks?
>>
>>345456992
The beginning of Legion will be better for all us Gearwhore specs because they're upping the stat percentage we'll have from the start.
>>
>>345456938
Why do you think WoW threads exist on /v/? /vg/ WoW discussion is a cess pit of failure and faggotry.
>>
>>345450901
I think they should add in gnome druids. Once gnomergon was destroyed by the gnomes in an attempt to reclaim a small group of them swore off technology and made a pilgrimage to moonglade to ask guidance from the druids on how they could about cleansing their home with an even smaller number of them actually learn to be druids.
>>
Telling you right now that after a month in Legion you all are going to be begging for flying. Screenshot this shit.
>>
>>345454975
shadow priest
>>
do rogues still have Fan of Knives? or was it given back to demon hunters?
>>
>>345457180

Could you imagine if the general had proper moderation?
>>
>>345457085
easy toping both heal and dps, theyre broken
>>
>>345457357
Depends on if the zones are designed fucking awfully like WoD's were.
>>
>>345457349
Just give up on lore excuses and add Tauren rogues already, the writing is way past salvaging at this point so they might as well go full retard.
>>
>>345457432

FoN exists for Rogues and Sub gets Fan of Shurikens
>>
>>345457625
BELIEVE IT!
>>
>>345456809
how are frost dks? and most of all, what is the best spec to pvp as a dk in legion... I just love big crits in pvp as a frost
>>
File: WoW_Chronicle_Magic.jpg (720 KB, 1350x1800) Image search: [Google]
WoW_Chronicle_Magic.jpg
720 KB, 1350x1800
>mfw Subtlety Rogues are still called "Subtlety"
>their new abilities are distinctly calling to the Void which Blizzard is further defining via their chronicles
>Still simply referred to as the "stealthy rogues" when all of them are stealthy

Void Ninjas when
>>
File: ebonchill.jpg (230 KB, 1920x980) Image search: [Google]
ebonchill.jpg
230 KB, 1920x980
Who else frost mage here?
>>
>>345457946
>Not using frostfire remembrance
>>
>>345457797
Unholy DKs are the king of 1 v 1s. They can kite you all day and its next to impossible to disengage from them
>>
>>345457830
>their new abilities are distinctly calling to the Void
what? rogues have never been a magic class, all the new class lore is garbage.
>>
>>345458204
>rogues have never been a magic class
Sept that part where they have always been a magic class. Most of their magic was related to illusion rather than void though
>>
>>345447135
get a job
>>
will I be able to fly in legion at start or do i need to go achievement hunting again?
>>
>>345458420
They're ninjas that turn invisible, that's not magic that's part of the gimmick. If they were a magic class they wouldn't be using poisons and lockpicks.
>>
>>345457830
>spirit opposite decay
Make sense.
>fire opposite earth
>air opposite water
What?
>undead not being earth and decay
>void not being air and decay
Who the fuck even made this? They don't know shit about magic.
>>
>>345458420
>>345458204
Only subtlety now uses distinctly shadow-based attacks. Assassination goes with the Bleeding/Poisoning approach and Combat is now Outlaw which should just be called Buccaneer since that's what they really. They're the purely physical rogues that use pistols, saber slashes, cannonball barrages and grappling hooks.
>>
>>345455837
I'm salty as fuck as someone who's always had an enhance shaman alt since vanilla it's finny going to have functional AoE and it will be FotM
>>345456393
On the whole we lost our shit talent tiers (most classes did but DKs have had to deal with plague leech and a pointless regen tier for too long).
Unholy is good right now dps wise and mechanically the wounds don't change up gameplay as much as you would think and we don't have orphaned runes now in aoe.
Frost mechanically plays solid but the second from latest tuning patch tore its dick off and with Frost's long proud history of never being good people are worried Blizz wont touch it again after it was good all beta.
Blood for me plays better then WoD but raid blood DKs are salty about having to focus on tanking again after spending all of HFC speccing for multistrike and abusing the shit out of breath.
>>345456615
Is this bait or are you retarded?
>>
I have a full Blackened Defias Armor set on an old shaman for some reason. If I made a rogue on the same realm would that rogue be able to transmog the set?
>>
>>345458519
The only things on here meant to be polar opposites is Light/Void and the placements of Emerald Dream/Shadow lands. Technically there should be another space "Twisting Nether" extended past the burning legion.

But yeah this chart is all kinds of fucked up.
>>
>>345458667
Yes. On any realm. Just be sure to log onto every character you have, each will add their accumulated armor in their inventory/quests they've completed to your wardrobe.
>>
>>345458746
thank you
>>
>>345458553
I know rogue mains are salty as fuck the Blizz mangled sub and made it into an edgelord void ninja but as someone who plays their rogue as a bit of fun I like the spec.
I also like that all 3 specs 'feel' different now.
>>
File: green.jpg (209 KB, 1920x980) Image search: [Google]
green.jpg
209 KB, 1920x980
>>345458126
That skin is cool too, but lava lamp staff a best
>>
>>345456615
Why would they be?
>>
>>345447029
MoP was a very well handled expansion, probably the most fun I've had with the game to date sans the first run of ICC.
>>
>>345458502
>>345458553

I'm speaking strickly lore wise. The explanation in game (Class quest givers) and in novels has always been that rogues add in small bits of magic to their abilities. They are 90% physical 10% magic. When you stealth you are just sneaking around hidden from view. You are literally using illusion magic to hide yoruself from sight
>>
>>345458994
Apparently all the cats I had on my hunters were magical too.
>>
>>345458824

I'm dropping Rogue because I think Assassination is too clunky and shit feeling, Outlaw feels good but the damage is fucking awful and I was never much of a fan of Sub.
>>
>PVP ratings standing
LET ME SEE YOUR OPINIONS AND WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL BE THE NEW RATING IN LEGION faggots

>Top Tier
Frost Mages
Frost DK
Prot Warriors
Feral Druids
Resto Druids
Holy Pally

>Mid Tier
Enhancement Shaman
Resto Shaman
Afli Warlock
Disc Priest
Combat Roughe

>Low Tier
Shadow Priest
Survival Hunter
Subtlety Rougue
Mistweaver Monk
>>
>>345459314
>top tier
whatever race has the strongest racial plus whatever class/spec is the most overpowered at that time
>shit tier
everything else
i fucking love how all the people who rolled humans are getting ass blasted because their overpowered racial is getting nerfed into the ground.
>>
>>345458824
I fucking love subtlety rogue and I'll be playing it almost entirely in Legion. I used to play Ret. If you told me I'd be "maining" subtlety a year ago I'd laugh at you.

>>345459191
Agreed with the assassination bit there. Too many clunky dots. They're already in the process of buffing Outlaw damage though.
>>
Which tanks are fun in Legion?
>>
>>345459191
I don't like outlaw, which is no surprise given I never liked combat it always felt to basic for me.
Assassination I don't mind on beta especially given you have something to do now instead of just pooling for mut half the time but I don't get was they shoved 5 dots on it it has to be up there for most dot applications per fight.
Sub just feels fun when you're questing to go void ninja on a pack, it's all the fun of being a DH without the bullshit animation cancelling and you get to press more then 4 buttons.
>>
>>345459556
nothing in Legion is fun
>>
>>345459556
Brewmaster and Vengeance are the most fun.
>>
>>345459116
Hunters use magic as well, yes. Or did you think arcane shot was just a big bullet?
>>
>>345459643
It was a cat exclusive ability that NPC cats also had nigga. I guess spiders shooting webs and vultures eating corpses were also magical?
>>
>>345459548
>>345459590

Is Sub really that fun?
>>
>>345459786
It's the funnest rogue spec right now. Maybe not the most damaging or engaging but they've finally perfected shadow dance and one of their talents give you some extreme survivability. Their animations are also top-notch. Unfortunately they have one of the worst/most uninspired artifact weapons but that's just a nitpick.
>>
File: 1468846268769.jpg (167 KB, 1400x788) Image search: [Google]
1468846268769.jpg
167 KB, 1400x788
>>345459314
>rougue
ayy lmao frost is the best spec as usual.
>infinite cc
>hilarious damage
im curious if feral druids are worth rolling now that rogues are confirmed hot garbage.
>>
>>345460207
>rogues are confirmed hot garbage

source
>>
>>345459786
Ok so I main a DK and my alt is an enhance shaman I like 'spellblade' classes and as a result historically rogues never tickled me because that clearly wasn't what they're about.
Secondly Sub has historically had 'fantasy' issues it basically goes; the pvp spec to shit to the op spec with the strange multistrike mechanic that's broken as all hell.

In legion obviously blade turning has been removed (which is why WoD rogues are salty), and subs has been reworked into the shadow damage spooky magic shadow dancing guy.
Would I enjoy raiding on it? Not really is it fun as shit to sneak into a pack shadow dance and shadow step around nuking the shit out of anyone yes.
>>
>>345460374

If sub doesn't seem fun to raid with then like all the Rogue specs aren't fun to raid with.
>>
>>345460462
Not necessarily. Each rogue is fairly distinct from one another now. Outlaws only flaw is that its numbers need tuning which Blizz is already working on. Assassination is loaded with more complexity than the other two which makes its enjoyability more subjective.
>>
Is rogue really that fucked now? I enjoy playing my main rogue on assassination right now.
>>
>>345457830
>two decades later and Blizzard is still ripping off Warhammer
>>
For people in the beta, how much harder is it for rogues in PvP now that Demon Hunters can see you while you're stealthed?
>>
>>345460986
Warhammer should rip off Blizzard and make an MMO that doesn't die.
>>
>>345459786
>Is Sub really that fun?
Dom is better desu senpai
>>
>>345461019
Demon Hunters true sight isn't passive. It's a on-use ability that only lasts about 2/3 seconds. If you know what the fuck you're doing you're going to get the drop on them anyway and if you vanish you can just throw an opener on them again.

The problem is that both DH specs are broken in PVP right now. In fact PVP balance is something even Blizzard admits is horrifically unbalanced at the moment.
>>
I feel like they are going in the right direction, but they should demphasive large group play in favor of small group play.

Large group play has always sucked, and limits the complexity of encounters. It also makes it harder to play with just your friends and not a bunch of semi-random assholes.
>>
>>345444791
humans as the main WoW expansion villains when?
>>
>>345448685
>it just makes them feel like they're wasting time with pointless quests after the urgency displayed in the starting zone
This comes up with leveling overall. Maybe it's so because of the urgency factor, but frankly, leveling is a chore.
>>
>>345461058
how did the 40k mmo go? heard it went into public alpha/beta a while ago
>>
>>345461254
There's an alternate universe where we went back in time to stop Varian from making Lordaeron great again.
>>
>>345461254
There have been a few of them. Vancleef and his daughter. Arthas. The dude in SFK. Shade of Aran. Necromancers in Strat/Scholomance.
>>
>>345461249
>and limits the complexity of encounters
That is objectively false, blizzard has admitted in the past 10man modes on raids have constrained raid mechanics because there simply aren't enough bodies.
>>
How is paladin doing in legion?
>>
>>345461402
There's no way Eternal Crusade is going to be an MMO, just a souped up version of Space Marine's multiplayer.
I've heard that the devs got rid of all the useless people and are actually trying to make their game now.
We'll see what happens.
>>
>>345450112
Draenor is only boring because the professions are single-player / Facebook bullshit, and there's no free roam content. Plenty surely still sub just for instanced PvP anyway.
>>
I'm way late to the party, just joined a month and a half ago.

Biggest gripe with the game is the daily shit. Garrisons, daily quests, and time locked progression piss me off. I'd much rather sit down and play for 7 hours one day then 1 hour every fucking day. But from what I've heard legion is only getting worse with this kind of shit, so I'm not sure how much longer I'll be sticking around.

Other than that, leveling is tedious as shit the second time around and beyond. I'd like to see heirlooms give a slightly larger xp bonus or something.
>>
>>345462353
t. 15 year old
>>
>>345462353
buy a lv100 boost..?
>>
>>345461572
>I've heard that the devs got rid of all the useless people and are actually trying to make their game now.
i sincerely hope so
about time someone breaks free from the chains of the early access meme
>>
Anyone that hated WoD but will buy this is a complete shit eater. If you liked WoD (I'm not sure how but whatever) then enjoy.
>>
>>345453174
Ishnu dal dieb my friend!
>>
>>345462806
>Defending facebook game teir time locked progression
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.