[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there honestly even one bad game in this series? Worst I can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Grand-Theft-Auto-Logo.jpg (35 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Grand-Theft-Auto-Logo.jpg
35 KB, 600x600
Is there honestly even one bad game in this series? Worst I can think of is III aging but it's still fun.
>>
>>345439607
V
>>
>>345439607
IV
>>
>>
>>345439607
III
>>
>>345439607
Was Advance any good?
>>
>>345439607
II
>>
My friend owns GTA 1 and 2 on steam, but I can't buy them. wtf?
>>
>>345439607
I
>>
>>345439607
>>
GTAO
>>
gta online is objectively dogshit
>>
none of them are bad, V is the one ive put the least amount of hours in but not because its bad.

overall all the GTA games that got released on PC are good imo
>>
File: 1464251293551.jpg (18 KB, 270x320) Image search: [Google]
1464251293551.jpg
18 KB, 270x320
No, they all have their minor issues but the brass tax is that Rockstar put more effort into their games than 90% of developers out there.

Have they finally succumbed to the cash cow that is micotransactions? Yes. But that doesn't change the fact that 3 years straight Rockstar have given content to GTAO (and for awhile single player too, whenever they used to place the cars into the garages which ended in the Ill-Gotten Gains update) for free. Three years of free content is very unheard of this side of Valve maybe.

The older games, they may not be as shiny as the 3D games but they left their mark and were fun back in the day.
III revolutionized third-person open world action games.
Vice City expanded on 3 with more toys, more aesthetic and more glitz and glamour.
San Andreas injected the series with a heavy dose of black. But seriously SA we all know why that game is amazing.
IV changed the way enemies react to you, changed gunplay for the better, and introduced a gritty take on New York.
V took their storylines to Michael Bay levels, put the expansive world of San Andreas into a next-gen title and even if you don't like it .. introduced GTA Online which is going to dictate the way GTA goes from now on. And for all its worth, sans grinding for money and cash cards and shitty networking .. it's a lot of fun with friends.
>>
The one on GBA.
>>
>>345440710
Also yeah, forgot to mention GTA Advance. It was an out-sourced game, but I remember from the little time I played it it was cool playing a top-down GTA3 Liberty City.

Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories are basically expansion packs. I really liked them too.
Lost and Damned/Ballad of Gay Tony are quite possibly the best DLC packs for any game ever.
Chinatown Wars was great fun that brought back the GTA1/2/London top-down camera with a 3D environment and fun side-missions and touch screen interactivity.
>>
III is one of the best you pleb. IV is shit, V is meh.

Basically
SA > VC > III > V > IV

2 is great too, but difficult to compare with the others.
>>
gta london
gta 2
there was like a gameboy color one that was godawful too
>>
File: 1341587656183.jpg (170 KB, 381x392) Image search: [Google]
1341587656183.jpg
170 KB, 381x392
>>345440710
That filename is incorrect, those aren't romanized interrogative punctuation, they are just interrogative punctuation from the modernized roman alphabet.

Please correct this error IMMEDIATELY.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.