[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no single player RPG set in the Warcraft universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: wownordrassil.png (1 MB, 1920x1079) Image search: [Google]
wownordrassil.png
1 MB, 1920x1079
>tfw no single player RPG set in the Warcraft universe
>>
>>345438960
I'm actually surprised nothing like that was developed during its most popular years. Guaranteed money machine.
>>
meh the lore and universe have been butchered so badly I'd rather see blizzard just start anew if they made an rpg
>>
>>345438960
Just play wow. It's a single player game, trust me.
>>
File: wownightelfs.jpg (745 KB, 2705x1805) Image search: [Google]
wownightelfs.jpg
745 KB, 2705x1805
>>345440876
Exactly, it would be a guaranteed cash cow
>>
>>345441072
Came here to post this. In all reality, a fully voice-acted version of WoW with NPC companions ala SWTOR probably would have went over really well as a single player game.
>>
>>345438960
>no action game where you play as Illidan and wreck demons
>>
>>345438960
I basically played WOTLK as a single-player game. Didn't want to pay so I found a private server and just spent all of summer of '08 playing 24/7.

It was comfy, especially nagrand.
>>
File: stormwind.jpg (126 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
stormwind.jpg
126 KB, 800x450
>>345442332
>>345441072
I'm talking about a more realistic look and a larger scale though
>>
Might work if they had the director of CDPR at the helm, otherwise it will devolve into SJW/fanfic tier story/PG-13/pop culture references level of retardation. Modern Blizzard CANNOT write a good plot or do good storytelling.

Just take a look at Diablo 3. They reduced a dark and compelling world into one that lacks any sort of mystery or grand scale. You are the chosen nephalim blah dee dah.

Maybe if they fired all their current writers and rehired whoever designed and wrote quests for vanilla.
>>
>>345443843
Kill youself you contrarian faggot

Quests are ten times better now then they were in Vanila
>>
File: 1356732-620xdf.jpg (51 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
1356732-620xdf.jpg
51 KB, 620x620
>>345443529
>larger scale than wow
>>
>>345443949
I'm talking mostly about cities and stuff like that
>>
>tfw I just want a warcraft 3 era game with mount & blade style gameplay
I can only hope Bannerlord is as moddable a possible.
>>
>>345443906
Yea lol so random, gender neutral quests quests chock full of pop culture references are so amazing amirite?

I'd like to say that modern quests are so shit because after WoW became mainstream and soccer moms/gurrrl gamers/your grandmother got into it, Blizzard had to start writing quests that were as gender neutral and inoffensive as possible (to the point where Ji Firepaw couldn't even flirt suggestively with female characters) but that would probably be giving too much credit to whoever is responsible for designing and overseeing quest writing at Blizzard.
>>
>>345440958

I ignore everything after WC3: The Frozen Throne.

WOW is just fan fiction.
>>
They wouldn't be able to pull off the scale properly.

It would suffer from the same problem as Skyrim: tiny fucking cities, map full of fucking nothing.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.