[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it about sniper classes in video games that make them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: qt sniper.png (184 KB, 480x672) Image search: [Google]
qt sniper.png
184 KB, 480x672
What is it about sniper classes in video games that make them absolute retard-magnet?

TF2 snipers were always standing on the opposite balconies trying to hit each other and getting backstabbed by spies who were actually playing the game.
Battlefield 2 snipers would always sit on the highest tower or water tanker trying to snipe a lone noob running over the field while their point was being taken.
SW: Battlefront snipers would just hit enemy vehicles for microns of health as entire platoons would run past them.
Now Overwatch is full of idiots who just slide in and out of cover trying to make epic headshot, occasionally dropping their ult as the only contribution to the game.

Why do people with such terrible skills and no awareness are constantly gravitated towards sniper classes, the ones requiring exceptional both?
>>
Extremely low risk, gotta preserve muh k/d
>>
>>345435778
>Why do people with such terrible skills and no awareness are constantly gravitated towards sniper classes, the ones requiring exceptional both?
Because it takes someone exceptionally stupid to believe he has amazing skills.
>>
>>345435778
people graviate to the classes that can kill with the least attacks, regardless of genre
>>
Low risk high reward, it also doesn't help that most games make the sniper a one shot kill anywhere on the body
>>
'Maybe if I prove myself here, I won't suck so much at life!"
>>
Fuck vidya, moar of that qt, OP!
>>
File: roza-shanina-ww2-soviet-sniper.jpg (612 KB, 1000x1426) Image search: [Google]
roza-shanina-ww2-soviet-sniper.jpg
612 KB, 1000x1426
>>345436042
Google Roza Shanina.
>>
>>345435778
What the fuck do you want snipers to do?
>>
>>345435778
>Why do people with such terrible skills and no awareness are constantly gravitated towards sniper classes, the ones requiring exceptional both?

>be noob
>keep running in straight lines and don't use cover like an idiot
>get killed again and again and again by a sniper
>"Wow, this class must be really good!"
And that's how you get yet another terrible sniper on your team.
>>
>>345435778

Not retard, but crazy bad at sniping. I still enjoy it anyway. It's fun trying to headshot people and the rush from headshots is better than just about any other kill. It also kinda sucks to know that there are classes that you -can't- play due to skill. Some people just will never get over that.

That said I don't play it unless with just friends, because I don't want to subject my team to my shittiness.
>>
>>345435778
Muh ebin kewl lonely wolf
>>
>>345435959
Not in fighting games. Bad people never choose the high power low tech grapplers.
>>
>>345435778
Because while someone is out there busting ass getting fired at by close mid and long range, some nigger is safe in a nest miles away.

Only long range can focus on long range in most situations leaving them safe.

That said sniper classes are fucking cool in games with decent sniping like wind and bullet drop. battlefield as shit a series as it's become, the sniping is great and keeps retards away pretty well.
>>
Snipers never decide shit in objective games. If it were single elimination deathmatch that'd be one thing but in a King of the Hill/Capture the Flag situation snipers are useless tryhards.
>>
>>345435778
If you make a weapon too powerful in a game you can't really make a drawback bad enough to discourage people to use it. Not to mention there are plenty of people who have so good reflexes or autist level execution to completly ignore those drawbacks.

Sniper rifle is usually an instant one hit kill. Let's not forget that snipers are romanticised in the media. Depending on the game you can even make multi kills with it for near infinite distances. The grenade launcher or rocket launcher is popular in every game for the same reason however the travel time of the explosive means you can only kill one people with it (or several in a closed space), and close combat is pretty much impossible because splash damage.

Maybe if these weapons were so complicated to use average people couldn't get more than a couple of hits during the entire game then they would stop using it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.