[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: header.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
header.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
What went wrong?
>>
>>345434157
Didn't pay off enough bloggers.
>>
That $40 price tag really killed it
>>
>>345434157
>it's like le Dark Souls XD
>>
content gets boring after about 5 hours which is sadly 3 more hours past the refund time limit
>>
File: 13487342.jpg (134 KB, 778x1018) Image search: [Google]
13487342.jpg
134 KB, 778x1018
>>345434157
>Genre: Indie

Searching for games on Steam has become so much more tolerable after I learned to filter out any Indie garbage.
>>
>>345434468
This, fucking this.

I was so hyped for this, but I am not paying that much for so little game.
>>
>>345434491
This is the tag line for like half of the fucking games out there.

>EBIN GAEMPLEY WITH LE DARK SOULS LIKE DIFFICULTY VERY FUN CHALLENGE FOR YOU!!!
>DID WE LE MENTION LE DARK SOULS INSPIRATION????
>>
>>345434157
>What went wrong?

the utter lack of content, challenge, or replayability?

literally finished my first run, saw virtually everything this game has to offer in barely four hours.
>>
Let's compare the descriptions of Furi and Necropolis. I picked Furi because it came out close to Necropolis and had a similar focus on difficulty.

Furi
>You were captured. Look what they’ve done to you… The jailer is the key, kill him and you’ll be free.
>Fight your way free in this ultra-responsive, fast-paced sword fighting and dual-stick shooting game.
>Boss design by Takashi Okazaki. Original soundtrack by Carpenter Brut, Danger, The Toxic Avenger, Lorn, Scattle, Waveshaper and Kn1ght!
That's it.

Necropolis is a bit longer so I'm just going to pick certain statements out.
>a game that’s fast-paced and addictive, yet diabolically hardcore
>Have no doubt, you’re going to die - often!
>Warning: “Just one more time” mindset can be addicting
>IN NECROPOLIS, DEATH IS... Permanent/Different Every Time/Better with Friends/Monstrous/Not Without Perks/Unavoidable

Fuck Necropolis.
>>
I wanted to give it a shot but the controls are fucking horrible and the fact that you can't change them is a fucking joke. Instantly uninstalled.
>>
>>345434707
>it's like the Dark Souls of X

Also they describe with roguelike and both of those phrases don't mean anything to me anymore

It's like indie clickbait description now
>>
>>345434157
im started to get pissed off over religious symbolism in games. why you gotta ruin traditions and gods just to sell a fucking title. super disrespectful and tasteless westdeveloping
>>
>>345434157
Made for Coop
>>
>>345435624
I'm more annoyed because it always comes across as super fucking lazy and wannabe artsy
>>
Not enough content for the price.

Played it yesterday, died 3 times then had a run that laster 4 hours and managed to beat the last boss.

On lower levels 6-9 you're showered with loot chests that give you weapons/armors if you look closely, which repeats 80% of the time.

It's a fun little game but the price tag kills it for the ammount of content.
>>
>>345435624
t. Hindu
>>
>>345435883
Forgot to mention, during all those playthroughs i managed to unlock myself a codex that allows you to jump super high so I went exploring.
Guess what?

There's literally nothing good to find via higher jumps, it's only usefull to cheese some clusterfuck areas where game decides to throws 15+ monsters at you so you can jump on a ledge to cheese heal up and possibly shower enemies with bombs or crossbow/wand spam if you found one.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.