[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: overwatch-characters.jpg (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
overwatch-characters.jpg
1 MB, 1600x900
Why do people pretend Overwatch is a high skill esport game?
>>
>>345427027
>vidya
>a sport

Just because it's competitive doesn't mean it's a sport.

It's like saying Masterchef is a sport. The Bachelor is a sport. They are all competitive in their own right.
>>
because it is? fps skill ceiling is a meme and doesn't exist
>>
>>345427027

Are they all on the same team or something? Even the presumably bad ones like Reaper/Widowmaker/Junkrat/Roadhog?
>>
>>345427626
>>
>>345427626
They're all mercenaries, and depending on which team you are, you can be good or bad.
>>
>>345427626
No, they're diametrically opposed. The play modes in-game are non-canon. Reinhardt crushing Winston into a wall isn't something either character would do seeing that they belong to the same organization and have a deep respect for it and one another, you see?

As it stands the villains are the characters you listed but only Reaper and Widowmaker appear to belong to the same agency. And even then Reaper is just a mercenary with a hard-on for killing former Overwatch agents. I imagine Talon is simply a means to an end while Widowmaker, who has no previous ties to Overwatch, was abducted and brainwashed by the organization to kill and shit. Junkrat and Roadhead are villains because of the circumstances both underwent down in Australia.
>>
>>345427027
Extreme levels of autism
>>
>>345428032
Symmetra is also a villain because she travels around the world and destroys every loo she finds using her Loo Witch powers.
>>
>>345427027
Dunno. I cant understand why people take it so seriously either. I just finished a game where our team only had 6 widows and we won it while the other team got all flustered in chat and tried their all to win.
>>
>>345428032
>no previous ties to Overwatch

Her husband was an agent and they used her to assassinate him
>>
>>345428226
One time my team had 3 reapers (myself & two other friends were them) and our other friend was so butthurt about it despite us winning almost every match.
He just attributed to the other team being bad and it's just a fluke.
Still, I don't get why people pretend this game isn't specifically made for people who are bad at video games.
>>
>>345427027
It's a decently complex game but the hitboxes are literally fucking broken making the skill ceiling incredibly low. Especially for characters who shoot projectiles, like Hanzo, who's arrows have hitboxes as big as fucking tree trunks or Roadhog's broken hoot that has such a huge fucking vertical hitbox is can easily grab you from behind a small wall or from behind cover or out a window.
>>
Because people feel good playing it and now they need validation that what they're doing is special.
>>
>>345428526
I hate seeing replays of Hanzo shooting his arrow way below my feet and somehow killing me with it. Why even add kill cams if they are broken?
>>
File: 95541.png (292 KB, 612x365) Image search: [Google]
95541.png
292 KB, 612x365
There's money behind it. Put money and sponsorship behind ANY game and it will be played "competitively". See: Brawl

If Blizzard wasn't artificially propping up Overwatch like some cripple the game would be dead, competitively wise. IT takes little skill, it random, maps are shit, and the game doesn't hold your hand. It wraps you in a cast and wheels you around.
>>
>>345428597
you can turn them off but they can be useful so I usually just skip the bullshit ones by pressing escape key
>>
Zero randomness for one thing
At least no random elements jump to mind
>>
>>345427027
>high skill

who fucking cares how much time you waste on a game

fucking smelly dotafags who play nothing but dota, that's who

die

overwatch has other problems but it's down to design not "muh skill"
>>
>>345427027
If it's so easy then form a team and win your own money by playing video games
>>
>>345427027
To make money, It's easy to understand when you are not a monkey/nigger or 12 years old.
>>
>>345428806
>MOBA
>skill
pick one.
>>
I still don't see why people would want to play Ow.

The overall design looks like the worst of West meets the worst of East.
>>
>>345428697
>IT takes little skill
Stop this meme, the skill it takes is directly tied to how good or bad the opposite team is.
Skill is both knowledge and playing proper, and even if a character is easy to grasp, it doesn't mean its job is going to be easy, you're not playing against bots.
>>
>>345429036

>stop this meme

It's not a meme. Take any Team based FPS (CS, Tf2) and just remove all mechanical depth and boom, you have overwatch.
>>
>>345428597
Wasn't that scatter arrow? If you don't know what scatter arrow is and how it is used then consider yourself too new to judge anything being broken.
>>
>>345429241
No, it wasn't the scatter arrow. Scatter arrow splits into multiple small bits. This was just a common arrow that dissipated after hitting the ground near me and killing me by doing so.
>>
The fucking hanzo projectile feels like its fucked up really bad. Most kills I see are done just by shooting through your tank and hoping for the best
>>
>>345429347
If you fire a scatter arrow at someone feet, the fragments all bounce right into the guy's feet, killing him instantly, and you barely see them.
>>
>>345429485
Well, if there's literally no visual difference, that could have been it that - but then that's a problem by itself.
>>
>>345429773
Can't be helped, Hanzo is a pretty mediocre character and that's his only way to really secure a kill, if he hits that is.
>>
>>345427626
https://youtu.be/TFID-Ewfrtk
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.