[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who can't enjoy horror games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: MovieConfessionIntro.png (194 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
MovieConfessionIntro.png
194 KB, 640x300
Am I the only one who can't enjoy horror games?
>>
>>345419729
Don't blame yourself OP, only psychos can enjoy the horror genre.
>>
File: 1467007471467.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467007471467.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>Not enjoying The Evil Within

Nigga you lame as hell.
>>
>>345419729
anon, me too
there's nothing I hate more than jumpscares
>>
>>345419729
>>345419729

No, I stopped enjoying them at some point after Dead Space and RE 4.

Couldn't careless about victim simulators like Silent Hill or Amnesia Dark Descent.
>>
Not even psychological terror like SH?

I don't dig "OHH SPOOKY" games like the first person jumpscare fests, but I'm down for a psychological thriller.

>>345419880

>he enjoyed The Evil Within

You're just a masochist.
>>
>>345420117
>TEW
>BAD

Bruh what?
>>
No, anyone with an actual imagination can scare themselves better than any shit that gets put into a video game. And seeing as most of them are still stuck on startling you with jump scares the genre really isn't worth a shit.
>>
yes you are the only one
>>
>>345419729
no, i'm sure there are other pussies like you out there
>>
I can't enjoy them because I can't fucking play them
>>
Penumbra is the best.

>great setting
>no "no weapon" bullshit
>those aliens or whatver were fucking unexpected as fuck caught me offguard
>tfw reading the notes of the guy that ate spiders

Its overall the best
>>
File: image.gif (922 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
922 KB, 200x150
>>345419880
>The Evil Within
>name fag
>>
>>345419880
>>345423218

For you.
>>
I specifically can't enjoy survival horror. Action horror like Resident Evil 4 and after or Dead Space is fine.
>>
>>345419729
No, I also am not a ledditor.
>>
File: 1289561.jpg (41 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
1289561.jpg
41 KB, 500x404
>people play horror games for the thrill
>tfw you just become terrified and want to die

I want the thrill part too man. I'm trying but I can't.
>>
>>345425489

I discovered I only liked horror games when they were Corporal Hicks simulators.
>>
>>345425489

The thing is that ugly monster or guy with an axe chasing you isnt a thrill, its more like chore especially when running away is your only option.

A place where everything shows that some shit went down here and you dont know or dont exactly know what and where the danger is what gets me the thrills.

Penumbra and RE7 demo did those right.

Most other games are just shitty monster escaped in some dark place.
>>
>>345419729
I never managed to understand how people enjoy horror media, both games and movies. I dig the atmosphere on a few of them, but there's no fun on LOL SCARED YOU WITH THIS UNEXPECTED THING DIDN'T I???
>>
>>345425753
Those are jump scares and pretty much disliked by everyone that's into horror
>>
>>345425852
I get that, but just the fact that they still exist in plenty of horror media puts me off. I don't want to keep worrying about a random dude popping up in front of me the entire time. Something like RE4 or even Bloodborne are the perfect amount of horror for me. Weird shit happening, interesting world, but still a lot of action, and no cheap jumpscares.
>>
>never get scared from horror games or movies

i kinda wish i did. it seems like i'm missing out on a lot of the fun
>>
>>345419729
yes, YOU ARE the only one, several governments have had you under surveillance because of your inability to enjoy horror games.

every time something has come and fucked up your life it was so they could research you, attempts in instilling larger scares and horrors into your life.

I risk my own life telling you this, i am so sorry.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.