[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sick of people saying this game is bad, a meme, awful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (35 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
35 KB, 460x215
I'm sick of people saying this game is bad, a meme, awful level design, etc.

When will you finally realize that 3 sucks ass and this actually did something to help bring the souls series further?
>>
DS2 ruined the series and the community forever

If DS2 didn't exist, everything would be better.
>>
>>345415931
DaS's community was always complete shit, newfag.
>>
>>345416180
It would be less shit then
>>
Ds2 was easily the best in the series in terms of pvp
>>
>>345415739
All DaS2 was, was a testing ground for new mechanics good and bad, for things that would be realized properly in the next two entries.
>>
>>345415739
You so edgey
>>
>>345415739
Best PvP, Worst level design and worst bosses. I only died 12 times in DS2 because the boss AI was shit. Most of those deaths were falling off a small hill.
>>
>>345416683
Wow your so good!!!
>>
>>345416384
Demon's Souls easily was the best. No poise, faster, more reactive, better weapon tiers, better oki, breakable infinites, better movesets, way better collision detection, etc.
>>
The first souls game I've played was 2 and it beat it like 10 times. Around 3 months ago I got 1 witch I thought was fun and a nice change of pace but last week I got demons souls which I have had the most fun with.

TL;DR demons souls is best souls.
>>
I don't get how all the sequels can be worse than demons souls. All they had to do was copy demons souls
>>
>>345416801
Magic though.
DeS was pretty damn broken. And it didn't help that there was no counter to a lot of new concepts introduced in the game.

I would say DS2 is at least the most balanced, after numerous patches and additions.

Of course, you can argue that DeS didn't get the same long-term treatment, and you'd certainly be right.
>>
Everybody talks about how 3 was so much better than 2 but I just got mind numbingly bored of the same monochromatic cathedral levels. DS2 might be like lacking in terms of fidelity but at least there was a sense of color and variation that made the game feel adventurous even with the bland level design.
>>
File: 1444790624046.jpg (33 KB, 419x419) Image search: [Google]
1444790624046.jpg
33 KB, 419x419
>>345416683
WoAh BrO u R gUd aT gAyMz
>>
File: memegarry meme meme.png (596 KB, 1056x591) Image search: [Google]
memegarry meme meme.png
596 KB, 1056x591
as someone who started the series with SotFS, then 3, then finally dark souls 1, i rank them overall as:

2 > 3 >>>>>>>>>>> 1

i know for a fact that if i played 1 back in the day when it came out it probably would be my favorite, but after reading about how good it was nonstop on /v/ for the last 5 years, it might be the most overrated form of media (including books and movies and TV shows) that I've ever fucking experienced.

i give 0 shits about PvP so that ranking is just for PvE.

i wouldn't give it more than a 7/10. what's amazing is that for everything that dark souls 2 and 3 gets criticized for, dark souls 1 does the same thing if not much worse. and i mean every single thing, unless it is super-specific to that game (such as ADP for dark souls 2 which isn't even bad if you aren't a crybaby, reddit hive-mind retard, or nonstop rolling in dark souls 3)
>>
>>345417637
there wasn't that much variation and it was ugly as sin on top of that

all the cathedral levels in DS3 are a joy to play through
>>
>>345416384
no, the horrible lag/hit detection kills it. if it had dark souls 3's net code then yes.
>>
>>345417637
yeah, dark souls 3 really overdid it with the high fantasy setting

if its one thing you can't criticize dark souls 1 and 2 for, it's the variety or at least attempt in variety of the settings of some level.s
>>
>>345418243
>as someone who started the series with SotFS
opinion discarded
>>
>>345415739
Legit enjoy it over III, I love the build variety, I just wish Faith wasn't destroyed as much as it was.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.