[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>game is set in Afghanistan when the Soviets fought Afghans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
>game is set in Afghanistan when the Soviets fought Afghans
>absolutely no native Afghans or guerrilla fighters in game

Why is Kojima such a pussy?
>>
There are though. There's several missions where you rescue them or fight alongside them.

Retard.
>>
>>345402006
When do you see them fight?
>>
>>345402006

What? No there aren't. I don't remember any allies whatsoever.
>>
Yeah, 4 had those rebel militia members. You could help them or fuck them up as you liked.
>>
>>345401154
kojima doesnt want his french gf murdered in france.
>>
File: gylUa.jpg (23 KB, 599x316) Image search: [Google]
gylUa.jpg
23 KB, 599x316
because
>>
>>345401154
Because it's okay to kill Russians but not brown people in a video game
>>
>>345402148

Even if I'm wrong about the allies you still have to rescue several Mujahideen

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Malak
>>
>>345402697
A reskinned prisoner that doesn't do anything doesn't count
>>
You rescue them and then add them into your forces which is even more wrong
>>
>>345402873

Nice goalposts faggot.
>>
File: 1468064262013.gif (22 KB, 508x408) Image search: [Google]
1468064262013.gif
22 KB, 508x408
>>345401154
Because Afghans didn't like being around soviets back then due to the risk of being killed or raped. Mostly raped.

When I was there I saw a lot of blonde hair and blue/green eyes on people around 30 years old or the same features on the children of those people.

Still though there could have been SOME local populace at least moving from place to place. The nomadic tribes still operate the same way today as they did back then, constantly moving in caravans of camels.
>>
>>345401154
Kojima didn't want to tell the fan base of which a small majority is waifufags that Venom never cared about Quiet and he deserted her in her time of need.
>>
>>345402526
rambo 3 is a fun watch especially with the hindsight of how shit turned out there.
>>
>>345401154
The Mujahideen were originally going to have a more active role in the game, it wasn't going to just be "Snake vs. The Goddamn Reds" like it ended up being, but Kojima ultimately decided against it in the planning stages due to the shit going down in the Middle East.
>>
>>345403994
What a pandering cunt

You couldn't even kill the child soldiers goddammit
>>
>>345403442

And that he never wanted her around

or that he told her to kill herself

or that people just can't connect the dots that he just hated her.
>>
File: 1442026837214.png (102 KB, 776x708) Image search: [Google]
1442026837214.png
102 KB, 776x708
>first game involving the AfghanInvasion
>its shit and barely covers the topic
Hell it barely qualifies as a back drop.
>>
>>345405554
>talking shit about literally the only good mission in the game

image pointless
>>
>>345405763
>you're supposed to feel bad to characters who were in no way portrayed in the game other than being puzzle pieces for your teams

Maybe if they actually conveyed a sense of camaraderie or showed some exposition in which Venom connects with his soldiers I would've given a shit.

There is one part of that game that was even remotely decent.
>pic related
And its not even gameplay
>>
>>345405554
Most of this is autism

>complains game is too easy
>then complains reflex mode is required

what the fuck? He just sounds like he's mad cuz bad, I hope that isn't you
>>
>>345401154
>>345403994
Kojima changed the ending to mgs2 because of 9/11, he's been really sensitive to sociopolitical issues of the US over the years, but i know we really wouldn't give a fuck if you could help the Mujahideen, back then it was better dead than red and it doesn't take a doctorate in history degree to understand that mentality.

And Americans have the unique distinction of being pretty used to every other country on earth blaming them for every single one of the world's problems.
>>
>>345407049
doctorate in history*
>>
>>345406885
He's not complaining that the game is easy or that reflex is required to play.

He's complaining about how Reflex mode was implemented and removing it only hinders you because the guards are retarded about their detection.

The image is trying to convey that a lot of the choices involved in the game detract from the thematics of a metal gear game.

And that just leaves it as a poor ass third person shooter.
>>
>>345407185
>He's complaining about how Reflex mode was implemented and removing it only hinders you because the guards are retarded about their detection.

They really aren't, though. I never once felt hindered without Reflex mode. I think you're just bad.
>>
>>345407049
>Americans have the unique distinction of being pretty used to every other country on earth blaming them for every single one of the world's problems

Maybe because you go around creating them?

Literally supporting, funding, setting up the entire Mudslime terror movement and various terror groups with American money? Check

Actively trying to control and govern, overtly or covertly, sovereign powers? Check

Crimes against humanity, constantly breaching international law? Check

Billions spent on trying to control the muslim problem created by America itself? Check

Your foreign policy ministers are literally retarded. Fucking disabled.
>>
>>345407783
This tbqhwyf
>>
>>345403442
>>345404926
This is canon

There's been enough chats on /mgg/ to prove this in the right.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.